Sitejabber Website Reviews and Complaints

FLX Bike

FLX Bike has a consumer rating of 4.44 stars from 566 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. FLX Bike ranks 3rd among Bicycle sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 4 days

Special offer from FLX Bike
Visit us to view the full lineup of FLX e-bikes!
Visit Us Gain trust and grow your business with customer reviews

• The customer service is great and helped me through all the questions I had whilst choosing my bike.

• After 6 weeks, I finally got a replacement, and had to pay $75 for a known issue!
How would you rate FLX Bike?
Business's Favorite Review

“Awesome bike delivered by super passionate team”

Alex B.
10/10/21

I never backed an Indiegogo campaign before and everybody I told about it said I would never get the product. But FLX communicated regularly in live shows on YouTube and answered the questions of their backers. You cannot deny that they saw a lot of challenges in these special times which led to a huge delay. But, I never lost my faith in them and after 15 months I received my wonderful BABYMAKER PRO bike. It was well packaged, is very well built in high quality and rides like a charm. And: it looks super awesome!

See full review

“Breaking Necks!”

Oliver H.
10/10/21

... and thankfully not mine! The Babymaker is absolutely amazing. The look and feel of a road bike, but with electronic pedal assist for the hills or zooming the flats. I replaced the pedal with my Speedplay lollipops so I could still get that feel like my old road bike, but I've got some adapters so I can use tennis shoes or flip flops for a casual spin around. The lime green catches attention and compliments my car show set up. I love telling people all about the features of the bike and hope they get one of their own. I picked up my Babymaker as a Kickstarter because I believed in the concept and it was one of those solutions I didn't know I could get fixed! The FLX team kept me in the loop the whole time and yes, it took longer to arrive than anticipated, but that can be expected in these types of situations. Totally worth the wait and I'm enjoying both riding it and talking about it. Easy to assemble and all components feel solid.

customer service (3) 6 weeks (3)
aarons562
March 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

It was definitely worth waiting patiently for both our orders. Our first ride on the Babymakers was a delight and the smiles haven't left our faces.

I was anxious about the process a few times but when I emailed I got a response same day from Sarah to put my mind at ease. A few weeks later the bikes showed up and now the wife and I are "back in the saddle again."

Thank you Sarah, Rob and all at team FLX

Tip for consumers:
Get the PRO option - well worth the upgrade

The Babymaker

Good afternoon Aaron,

We have been working hard to get the bikes to their final destination with the pace of delivery finally picking up from the beginning of the pandemic. We are stoked to hear that you are able to go on joint rides and enjoy your Babymakers together. If you have any questions regarding your Babymakers our support staff is happy to assist you.

Have fun!

randallo35
May 7th, 2022
Verified purchase
• Updated review

It's a beautiful bike
It took about 10 minutes to put together.
I took it for the first spin. It moves!
The disk brakes are great as well. It's important when you are going fast that you have the ability to slow down and stop rapidly.
The thumb control is easy to adjust the level of assistance.
This is my first ebike. I don't think this will eliminate my opportunity for excersize on the bike, I think it will increase the number of opportunities I will have to use it.

Tip for consumers:
They are significantly backlogged. I waited over 60 days. It would have been nice to have a sense of progress towards that goal - rather than just be left in the dark.

"Sometime in April" was all that I heard. I did receive it on the 29th of April. It just seems they could have a little greater visibility to their schedule of manufacture and communicate it better.

eBike - Babymaker II

The payment process kept me from paying for hours
March 25th, 2022
• Previous review
billm1482
December 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

I've had no problems at all in my dealings with FLX. They are a dedicated, hard-working group and are doing their best under extremely difficult market conditions. I received my bike - a bit later than estimated - but they were very transparent regarding the situation and I was happy to receive the regular updates. My bike arrived safe & sound, was relatively easy to put together, and performs like a champ! I would not hesitate to purchase from them again.

Reason I chose this business:

My first entry into the electric bike market, and at 66 I thought it would be the best way to go for me. I like the style, the company's presentation was impressive, and the price was right.

lacitaf2
May 30th, 2022
Verified purchase

I ordered my bike July 30,2020 and still haven't received it. Customer service has told me numerous times that it would be shipped. Tomorrow is May 1st, 2022 (1 yr 9 mo) and I'm still waiting, no contact about it yet. The campaign (with tracking number) says fulfilled when it was not. Highly disappointed.

peterb1846
June 23rd, 2022
Verified purchase

I was dealing with Jonathan and Mark at their store on Morena Blvd. In San Diego.
Couple of things needed to be taken care off and Jonathan and Mark are both two very helpful and knowledgeable people at the company.
Absolute pleasure to deal with these guys. Definetely, my next bike will be coming from FLX again, for sure.

johns10996
May 1st, 2022
Verified purchase

So far so good. I put the bike together (very straightforward). It seems to work well. Thank you FLX!

Reason I chose this business:

Stealth design and lighter weight for an e-bike.

Hi John,

We tried to make sure our bikes are user friendly and easy to use so this is good to hear!

Happy Riding

jaket31
March 1st, 2020

Ive owned the FLX roadster for three years now and have had no issues! FLX even sent me a new charger when mine didnt appear to be working. I also bought the Miles Board(small carbon fiber electric skateboard) from the same team, and when my remote wasnt working they shipped me another one and just asked for mine back to inspect it.

Good afternoon Jake,

It is awesome to see an original supporter of FLX, we greatly appreciate your long support. We are thrilled to hear that you had also tried the products from our sister company Miles, we are committed to providing fun transportation and recreation alternatives. If you have any questions regarding both your ebike and eboard our support staff is happy to help.

Happy riding and shredding!

sbb13
Verified purchase

Love the bike! Pre-ordered during the sale period and waited about 2 months for shipping. Received prompt and helpful responses from Marc about questions. A little more detail on the specifications online would be great.

Prompt and complete responses. Kudos to Marc. Thank you!

Reason I chose this business:

The team seems to have a lot of passion and enthusiasm for their product.

Reason I chose this product:

Great potential, battery larger than competitors, and looks good too. I expected to swap out some components with higher end options I have on hand, and made the fit larger with the stem and bars - so far it’s really looking great.

narayanacharm
May 26th, 2021

Babymaker pro( Gates belt drive, hydraulic brakes, clean looks, decent tires) is a pleasure to ride. I cannot imagine where the negative reviews are coming from. It is a great bike if you want to improve your posture while biking, learn the importance of cadence while cycling long distances. This bike improves your ride quality and distance without making you horribly exhausted at the end of the ride. At assist level 1 -2 you can squeeze 50-70 miles per full charge. It is super quiet and needs no care except dusting with a cloth. Try it, ride it for 100 miles before writing a review.It is priced to sell. Great job FLX!

Babynaker pro bike

Good morning Narayanachar M.,

We try our best to get the most out of a single charge, with the use of the lithium battery hidden in the frame. We had not considered the cadence for distance cycling, that is a useful tip for those just starting out and some seasoned riders. If you have any questions regarding your Babymaker our support team is happy to help.

Ride safe!

davec1093
June 16th, 2022
Verified site experience

Ordered two bikes and they showed up within 9 days. Effortless putting it together. One bike did have a shifting issue. However, customer service asked for a video from me which I sent right away. After video was reviewed, they sent another shifter without hesitation. These bikes are RAD!
I took them tonSonoma raceway and camped out at Cougar Mountain which is one heck of a hike on foot or on a regular bike. Nope, not these beasts!
Back and forth for beer runs all race long during NASCAR race weekend. Five Stars all day long

oliverh124
October 10th, 2021

Good morning Oliver,

We love hearing about the modifications our supporters put on their bikes; it gives us a look into what the community wants and needs. The color choice is superb, the bike matches the accenting on the car, it almost seems as though your car and Babymaker were made for another. If you have any queries regarding your Babymaker our support staff will happily assist you.

Safe riding!

rickp365
June 10th, 2022
Verified site experience
• Updated review

.. Okay so ordering accessories is easy and painless, the bottle cage is for my yet to show up 19" Baby in white. FLX was pretty much upfront about the delivery time, but it is still hard to wait this long..

February 22nd, 2022
• Previous review

.. Very excited

Quality, the 2nd edition, and the vip pricing

svenk23
August 25th, 2021

It's a young company so I accept, that not all works like it should. I received my invoice which had so many mistakes and did not fit with what I ordered. I wrote customer support, received a second and third invoice, still part of the invoice is wrong. Customer support did not respond one to my E-Mails and contact via Online Form. Haven't heard back from them at all and of course also no bike yet.

* FLX Bike attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

stevec2066
Verified purchase

I just got my Babymaker II and was pleased with how easy it was to put together and ride. It's very safe and intuitive to handle. Also, a lot of fun!

Reason I chose this business:

I liked the cost/value ration and that isn’t obviously an electric bike.

Same as above.

michaelc5560
November 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

From preorder, all the way to getting my bike and finally riding it was great! Any hiccup in between was most definitely pandemic related and customer service was helpful and quick to respond whenever I reached out. The Babymaker Pro is now one of my top tier possessions. I never thought getting around the city could be so quick and easy. My first time riding a bike with pedal assist. Game changer! And the bike itself will absolutely catch the eye of people as you pass them by. No regrets!

Hey Michael!

We are glad to hear you are enjoying your bike! Don't forget to be safe riding through the city! If you have any questions, give our Rider Support Team a call.

jeffs2147
March 26th, 2022
Verified site experience

Thank you all! Can't wait for my BM2!
Jeff
PS-I live in Rancho Santa Fe area in San Diego. If I can pick up at your store let me know

Reason I chose this business:

New battery power and a belt drive. Of course sexy silver color, style and design (minimized cables) and I might add I’m switching over from Specialized Vado 6.0 turbo.
Jeff

Hey Jeff!

Welcome to the FLX family! We're so excited about the BM2 and are working hard to get the bike out to our customers as quickly as possible!

- Team FLX

robertm6507
June 20th, 2022

Ryan in customer service was a great help. Thanks Ryan

Reason I chose this business:

Financing and a good looking bike.

FLX B. – FLX Bike Rep

We are so glad to have gotten you the help you needed, we appreciate your feedback and support!

irmajb
October 15th, 2021

The staff at FLX provided excellent support and their hard work definitely shows. The quality of the Babymaker is second to none. Much better than I was expecting after seeing some negative posts. I have some steep hills on my way to work and it handles them with ease. I highly recommend purchasing this bike and any other bike FLX produces because of the quality workmanship and top shelf parts - like magura brakes and gates belt drive. Just be careful with the brakes, they're powerful!

Good morning Irma,

We try to use the highest quality parts for the ebikes as we want them to last, we have a 365 day warranty to ensure quality of the ebikes. We noticed that you know of bike components, which we select from multiple suppliers, we want our supporters to ride with confidence. If you have any questions our support staff is happy to assist.

Ride safe!

kurtl93
January 24th, 2022
Verified purchase

The bike is everything I hoped for, and worth the long wait. Perfect for my daily ride to work (20 km), but even more fun for longer rides. The bike very often get compliments for the nice design

FLX B. – FLX Bike Rep

Hi Kurt, We are so excited to hear that you are enjoying your bike & that sure sounds like a fun daily commute!

lisab3831
July 1st, 2022
Verified purchase

Bike finally showed up. Three to four weeks after what the sales rep stated on the phone. (I can live with that). However it showed up missing controller, peddles, charger etc. Took multiple attempts to actually get a person on the phone to explain. They did acknowledge the error and said they would send parts asap. Extra two weeks went buy and had to pay additional shipping and duty at border. Bike looks good but very worried if I need parts in the future.

alexanderd392
Verified purchase

Got the bike last week and within an hour I had it all together with a few tweaks. I took it on a 6 mile ride and boy what a ride. I didn't have to work hard at all. I am over 85 years old and this thing has really brought the joy back in my riding. Alex

Reason I chose this product:

The FLX team was always helping me throughout the five years I had my 2 FLX bikes. I never had one problem with either bike.

oxanag3
July 3rd, 2022
Verified purchase

Gorgeous bike, feels solid and safe.
Can't wait to put some miles on it! Stellar CS.

Design, price, reviews.

michaelr4371
February 21st, 2022
Verified site experience

Walt was helpful today texting me that FLX will refund the $50 FLX investor FLX store credit since there is no way for me to apply the credit to the BM II purchase. Thank you.

Reason I chose this business:

Happy existing BM owner that is very satisfied. This BM II purchase is for my wife who is very excited to get her own BM.

irvp
February 21st, 2022

Hi Irv,

Wooohooo! We have been working to improve our overall communication so this is good to hear. We look forward to getting you your order as soon as we can!

laurents31
March 15th, 2022
Verified site experience

Hello, I am a bit confused as the order fired off before I realised that I needed to choose a colour for the bike before adding to cart.
Is there an option to change it later on? I would have liked to pick orange for the colour.
Thank. You.

Laurent Sacaut

Reason I chose this business:

I noticed the crowdfunding campaign for the Babymaker from last year and watched a few youtube videos about the bike. I like the stealthy look combined with the carbon belt.
I am looking for a commuter/urban type of bike and hopefully will be able to enjoy one in the summer.

I have a 5 pin and a 6 pin plug on my f5 readout display. will these plug into the dpc 18

Hi Jim, Unfortunately we do need a bit more information in order to best answer this, please feel free to reach out to use by phone (844)548 3359 or email support@flx.bike. Thank you

I purchased the baby maker 2 -2 weeks ago when does it ship

Hi Richard, Depending on your selected color & size it may depend, feel free to give us a call at (844) 548-3359 and we will help you further! Team FLX

By FLX B., Communications Manager

I am 5'7", would a 23" frame be fine for me.

Hello Linda! For a person of your height, a frame anywhere from 16 - 20 inches would be ideal. However, the best way to gauge the ideal fit for you would be to test fit some bikes and truly get a sense of what will work for you! If you have any further questions or concerns please give our rider support team a call at (844) 548-3359.

By FLX B., Communications Manager

I ordered my bike in october 2020. when will i get it.

Hey Dennis! I can do a check for you and get you all the details and information about your purchase. Give the rider support team a call at (844) 548-3359

By FLX B., Communications Manager

When will you deliver the first blade to a customer? have you started production of this bike? if not why not.

Hi Sanford, we're in production of Blades, delivery will be very soon. Hope you join us!

By FLX B., Communications Manager

Have russ's issues been resolved?

Yes, they did resolve the issue and I am riding an love it!

By Russ B.

Why are bike delivery's taking 6 months?

Any plans on a full suspension frame for the blade ? frame only works for me i recently purchased the bike and love it. little smaller full suspension

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the FLX Bike staff and other customers.

Products (27)

Blade 2.0
Blade 2.0

This Bike is Kingly. I ordered, and it was delivered in 7days! The Rohloff is amazing. I have 4 ebikes all with their own strengths but non have it all. This bike checks every box. Walt and gang at FLX. Youre amazing and thank you for the ultimate bike and the ultimate customer experience!

4A Fast Charger - Babymaker - 36v (United States) Default Title
4A Fast Charger - Babymaker - 36v (United States) Default Title

3 rides on Babymaker - loss of power to nil, had been 3 bars? Raised ticket, Marc diagnosed charger following a few checks by me. New charger arrived super quick, plugged bike to charger and hey presto fully charged bike rocking and rolling again.

Bandit
Bandit

Took the Bandit out for its maiden voyage. Grinning from ear to ear the whole time.

FLX Seat w/Logo
FLX Seat w/Logo

My Babymaker arrived with a small tear in the seat. It was replaced immediately and the new seat is perfect.

LCD Display - Babymaker (BACKORDER) Default Title
LCD Display - Babymaker (BACKORDER) Default Title

So much easier to see and use! Made the last ride so much better!

Babymaker II
Babymaker II

Headtube is goofy big

Aikema Motor - Babymaker Speed Controller
Aikema Motor - Babymaker Speed Controller

After an initial delay, things went very well. I had my item 3 days after shipping.

Genuine FLX Lithium Battery Pack - Babymaker
Genuine FLX Lithium Battery Pack - Babymaker

I had a battery and charger issue where the batterry had low voltage and the charger wasnt charging and flx mechanic, Marc, was patience and knew what went on and was able to fix my issue, Thank you FLX

Replacement Babymaker Handle Bars
Replacement Babymaker Handle Bars

Great design for gravel riding

Smart Phone Mount - Metal "FLX" Logo Default Title
Smart Phone Mount - Metal "FLX" Logo Default Title

I was hoping to use this as a iPhone camera mount. I think I'll just use it as it was intended. ‍

Battery Charging Port - Babymaker
Battery Charging Port - Babymaker

It's perfect, it works very well

4AH Fast Charger (36v) - Babymaker Model
4AH Fast Charger (36v) - Babymaker Model

Easy insertion, high power, good indicator lights

Charger - G1 / G2 - 36v
Charger - G1 / G2 - 36v

Great customer service and knowledge of their products.

Bafang Ultra Motor - Blade 2.0 52V
Bafang Ultra Motor - Blade 2.0 52V

Absolutely insane! I put 7000 miles on the original Blade! Now I'm on the 2.0! I recommend the touring model with the upgrades. The ride is amazing and I have more control through the trails because of the new frame configuration. Brakes and shocks are phenomenal. The floating seat shock is very comfortable! Power and shifting will get you where you want to go with much confidence! This bike will not let you down in performance! I plan to put much more then 7000 miles on this bike!

Charger - SYR (48V)
Charger - SYR (48V)

Fast, Quick and exactly what I needed

Electric Love Unisex Jersey Short Sleeve Tee Heather Green / XS
Electric Love Unisex Jersey Short Sleeve Tee Heather Green / XS

My granddaughter and her boyfriend loved the shirts

F5 Trail
F5 Trail

Im really greatfull for the bike!

Handlebar Grip Tape (Pair) - BM Black
Handlebar Grip Tape (Pair) - BM Black

This is a nice and inexpensive way to modify your bike from its original grips.