Tel: (415) 621-9121
Sadly, the bike is extremely poorly built:
1. They claim the battery can go for 30 miles or more. Mine gets weak after 15 and dies at 20 miles, in ideal conditions (I would say 15 miles max in winter).
2. This is the flimsiest bike I've ever had. So many screws, nuts and bolts have popped at least once. My 2 fenders are broken (one is because the bike fell while standing).
3. To top it up, the motor died after 14 months of use.... I emailed them right before it broke. They emailed back and forth to tell me that they were about to get spare parts in a shipment. After 6 weeks, I finally got a replacement, and had to pay $75 for a known issue! Four months after changing the motor (it was a 4h project...), I can sense that there is something wrong again when I pedal... :(
4. They sent a bike seat with the wrong "minimum depth" marking on it, so of course, the frame cracked... They want $280 to ship me a replacement frame, for THEIR mistake. They also offer to cover the welding cost, but the worst part about it is that no bike shops want to service it anymore (because of liability issues). So I'm on my own...
5. They are extremely slow at handling problems. Both times (for the motor and the frame), it took ~20 emails (mostly me asking "can you please reply?") and 6 weeks!
6. More minor details; I don't find the "user interface" of the control panel very intuitive or efficient. For example, you need to set motor speed every time! The gears were never really aligned, despite a professional tuneup after 200 miles. It derails quite easily over bumps.
In short: Don't buy this bike, it's too flimsy and too much work. There are great alternatives!
Rob, Pete and the FLX gang have really put together some fantastic bikes.
The Blade is a monster and so fun to ride.
As of yesterday, after multiple chat sessions and a lengthy phone call with support, my problem with flx was resolved in my favor. however, the very friendly support person did not read any of the extensive notes before talking with me, which included the photographs of the damaged shipment.
from purchase to this point, six weeks.
so, i recommend that you reserve time in your life for dealing with after purchase support. In my experience, the best way to get their attention is through chat. you can send a transcript of the exchange to yourself in email. don't call, even though the option to do so is available. when i called, there was only an electronic music loop, not even a robot saying i had reached flx support, just music, and not very good music at that.
flx has a good bike to sell, but they know nothing about treating you well if something goes wrong, you must work the support line repeatedly.
Tip for consumers: try specialized
Tip for consumers: Go for the 17AH battery, you're going to love it!
My trail model bike is a blast to ride and with a little motor support flattens out the most daunting hills. I have found the bike to be a real head turner and am very pleased with the engineering and performance. I highly recommend this bike and this company. They are the best!
Your attention to me as a consumer has been 2nd to none.
Please share my thoughts with Pete & Rob.
My FLX Attack has exceeded expectations. It has a nice street appeal. Quality seems to match FLX's product info.
All the best in your career with FLX. Your involvement in FLX, parallels and compliments everything Pete & Rob are trying to achieve as they present their bikes to the public.
It has been nice being able to communicate with you. And together resolving any issues I have had.
I chose FLX because of their good components, design quality, aesthetics, and price point. FLX offers great products that compare well with e-bikes with much higher retail prices. Many of the e-bike brands just have a clumsy look to them. The fit of my Trail is perfect (and I am just 5'5" with shorter arms and legs). I ride in a more upright position on the FLX compared to my non-e -mountain bike, which makes the ride more comfortable and enjoyable. Clearing the top tube is no issue; there is a nice slope to the frame design.
The ride is really fun, peppy, smooth, and nearly silent. My Trail, a year later, is stock, with no modifications. I have had no mechanical or performance issues. I am not a technical, mechanically inclined rider. I just get on it and go, exploring neighborhoods and trails of the Western El Dorado County slope. I enjoy tearing up the steep hill out of our neighborhood, the one that well-conditoned, spandex-sporting riders push their bikes up. The bike has worked out so well; I have bought two more Trails this year. My husband and son enjoy them just as much. I can't tell you my speeds, miles, wattage, etc., because I don't keep close watch on that. I just take it out and have a great ride every time. Thank you, Rob and Pete for your innovating design, and courage to make a go of this. It is something that most dare not do, starting a company essentially from scratch. What you have done takes much hard work and learning as you go. We all wish you the best success.
I get they needed to do upgrades and it took time but give me a break, this is joke.
They have never offered me any compensation or discounts even when I told them we had planned a trip around the expected first delivery date. And even now when they lost one (they did say they could get me a different bike to replace the lost one now but I told them I wanted the one I purchased).
I provided a US delivery address. The plan was to keep one in the US and take one to a second home in France. However, I checked the wrong order box and ended up paying the higher shipping charge for EU delivery.
When I discovered this, I revised the shipping address to my French second home. The plan was to keep one there and bring one home.
When the bikes arrived in the EU, there was apparently a demand for a VAT tax. They asked me to sign a power of attorney for an unknown entity to handle that transaction, but would not tell me the actual VAT tax amount. Suspicion arose that the EU might have assigned a higher value than I paid, and would assess the VAT tax rate on the higher value.
With this discovery, I contacted FLX and requested a revision back to my original US delivery address. After a prolonged series of emails, FLX agreed to this.
It is now May 2017 and FLX has not delivered the twin Trail bikes.
Their latest email claims that they have shifted to a newer stronger bike motor and battery design which will delay delivery until June 2017.
Looking on their website, I see that the new design G2 is priced at over $ 3000 each. This is much more than I paid in advance for each of their original models.
If the bikes don't arrive by end of June 2017 I will demand a full refund. If FLX does not comply, I will retain a lawyer and initiate charges of fraudulent business practices and non compliance with my prepaid order.
Has anybody else encountered this lousy execution by FLX staff ?
Customer Questions & Answers
Votes Thanks for voting!
Hi Sanford, we're in production of Blades, delivery will be very soon. Hope you join us!
Votes Thanks for voting!
Votes Thanks for voting!