Fitness Superstore

Fitness Superstore has a consumer rating of 1.52 stars from 21 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Fitness Superstore also ranks 71st among Fitness Equipment sites. The most common issues with Fitness Superstore are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Customer service is slow to respond and difficult to contact.
  • My order 100360554 is over 2 weeks now and still no sign of it coming.
How would you rate Fitness Superstore?

“Great products and very fast delivery.”

Tania D.
4/22/17

Ordered gym equipment to fit out my garage. Great product and very fast delivery. Very happy with the service.

“Terrible terrible after service. Avoid at all costs”

Jo T.
1/17/20

4 different delivery dates when just not turned up. Countless calls waiting for ages before they even answer, say will call you back and never do. Complained with no response. When finally arrived damaged and display issues, rang back two days in a row and still no help with people saying will call me back, honestly causing so much stress, would never use again,

customer service (8) 2 weeks (4) order (12)
jot69
January 17th, 2020
Complained with no response.
dominicm90
July 20th, 2020
Their customer service is awful, as you can see from other reviews.
My spin bike has been faulty since is was delivered in March, however, I just keep being fobbed off in e-mail and it is impossible to speak with anyone on the phone.

Avoid, don't waste your money.
ruthn129
June 24th, 2020
No calls or emails are answered. They will take your money. I bought a treadmill, 3 months later it has broken, cannot get replacement parts, or any sensible response. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
clairec195
April 29th, 2020
This is my genuine and honest experience with FT.
I ordered on the 25th march and I am currently still waiting, they emailed me numerous of times to say my items are in stock and are waiting for courier to collect it. 'Any orders made before the 30th march will take 21 working days' so I was very patient and waited until the week I was supposed to receive them. I Emailed just for an update which was 21st April as I had not got any info on delivery which was supposed to be by the 24th April.
24th came and no delivery but an email late evening to say it has been dispatched. Now today I have an email to say that they are waiting for all 17 items to arrive at depot but this us weird as they email on the 24th told me it was dispatched. It will take 72 hours now to be delivered. I appreciate it is unprecedented times but my opinion is if a company can not keep up with demand why not just stop taking orders like other companies. Less popular couriers have been excellent on making sure customers get their orders in an acceptable timescale. I think 5 weeks is an unacceptable wait for such items. I think after this experience I will unlikely order from fitness superstore again. £200 minimum spend is abit high also. I am hoping my order arrives in the next couple of days like promised. Fingers crossed it all comes safe and undamaged.

The company seems suspicious
lese13
July 31st, 2020
Bike was great until I realised that the console wasn't working in line with the instructions manual. After several months of sending them details of the issues and getting replies asking further questions that showed they hadn't read and understood what I was saying they finally agreed to send me a replacement console. I was told 6th July that it had been sent via UPS and now as of 31st July I still haven't received it.
Totally disillusioned by their appalling after sales service.
taniad16
April 22nd, 2017
mikeo376
June 2nd, 2020
Delivery times worse than awful, I've been waiting a month for a small "one-man" delivery item, all in stock. 25 working day lead times, even during COVID is inexplicable. Emailed EVERY DAY since the 22nd, no reply. Please avoid. You can do better.

Edit 01. 06. 20 - bad review been "reported" to TrustPilot by Fitness Superstore and will undoubtedly be taken down. Note also that they reported my review quicker than they responded to emails! Still no goods. Still no reply from daily emails to XDP and Fitness Superstore
scotts1460
June 18th, 2020
About as much use as a chocolate fire guard.
Lost items that never showed up, 10/15 emails- 10 plus phonecalls.
Took a trip to there headoffice and would you beliveve it, I got my refund!

Please dont support these clowns.

Tip for consumers: JUST DONT USE IT.

paulm1461
January 10th, 2020
Don't buy anything from this company expecting it to turn up. My order 100360554 is over 2 weeks now and still no sign of it coming. No feedback and no service. Go elsewhere I'd my advice.
jaeh10
January 22nd, 2020
Avoid this company, they are utterly useless in just about every way possible. Firstly, they happily took £2000 from me (buy now pay next year) then after 4 days told me they had no stock and would not have stock till march! I'm now in a bad position as I want to cancel the order, but the finance option would have already messed with my credit score and its annoying to have to start over with a better company.

Also, the customer services are absolutely shocking, if they actually bother to pick up the phone, they will be entirely useless and unhelpful. And if you do want to cancel the order guess what? You must write to them! Great how they can take the order online with no ID but the can't sort a refund over the phone.
ko49
May 7th, 2020
Took over a month to receive order. Customer service was very poor. I posted a review on Trustpilot that they have now flagged for review... funny how they can respond within hours to a negative post but takes them days to respond to a query about delivery.
carlb357
July 10th, 2020
I ordered a £900 fitness bike at the beginning of Mar. Delivered 2 weeks later. Set-up the same day and the monitor didn't work. Fitness Superstore doesn't support this particular model, so spent time liaising with the company that does. After almost 2 months, no replacement part can be found. Wait 2 weeks for bike to be picked up, another 2 weeks for Fitness Superstore to be refunded.

During this time I had been liaising with a store manager, who informed me he had put a replacement bike back for me to send once the refund had been received. Got an e-mail informing me that the replacement bike would be sent and then... nothing. The courier company updated their records to say that the Supplier had not sent the order. Fitness Superstore eventually (after another 2/3 weeks) acknowledged my e-mails and said they would investigate this as a priority. Another 2 weeks and no response to e-mails and I'm still waiting.

So, 4 months after ordering an exercise bike and being £900 down, I still have nothing to show for it and no idea when I will receive the goods I ordered at the beginning of Mar.

Customer service is virtually non-existent and I have factored in the exceptional circumstances that all businesses are facing at present. I have to say that Fitness Superstore are shooting themselves in the foot at present, as the one thing they could be great at, with low stock levels, is customer service, but they have failed dismally to keep me informed, or even respond in a timely manner to my e-mails. If you ring the number on their website you get put through to a salesperson, who say they will pass your details on, but nothing happens.

If you do buy anything from this company and you get what you want first time, I applaud you, but if you don't get something that works, or the wrong item, be prepared to have a long wait to either get your money back, a replacement item, or even acknowledgement of any messages you send.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware, don't expect to get a response from your messages, not within the 2-3 days at least (more like 2-3 weeks if you're lucky), which is not down to Covid, but is more likely due to a complete lack of interest in customers once the money has been handed over, or an overworked Customer Service team due to the incredibly bad shopping experience many customers have had with this company.

karanp13
May 15th, 2020
I placed my order nearing the beginning of lockdown (22/03/2020). The order totalled just under £500 and I was pre-warned that it could take up to 4 weeks to deliver.

On Sunday it will be 8 weeks since I placed my order. I have still not received all items. I received notification of delivery on 01/05/20, but when checking the items noticed that 2 items were missing. Since then, it has taken a further 2 weeks for them to deliver a single item (that too with no text notification like last time. It simply arrived with no pre-warning). There is still 1 item outstanding after all this time.

The customer service has been ineffective, firstly reminding me that it is a busy time, then simply checking the courier tracker. Considering it is almost 8 weeks, I would expect some urgency behind this. In this time I've experienced a family bereavement, but am still having to chase up Fitness Superstore.

Friends and family have also placed orders for fitness equipment from other retailers - they've done so after I placed my order and still received their orders before mine.
antonyl9
March 23rd, 2020
I am hoping someone from your store will reply. I have hired a car to come and pick my order up. I will be coming tomorrow, please can you confirm
richardg203
June 30th, 2020
They advertised a set of weights and a stand together, they arrive and the weights don't fit on the stand. I advise them that the weight bases are different to the ones in the instructions, they then proceed to tell me that those weight bases don't fit that stand (even though they were advertised together) and you need to use a lightweight strap to hold them in place (which is just dangerous) - why they didn't tell me this during our emails as I was making my order is beyond me - they had plenty of opportunities to do so but clearly they just wanted the sale and didn't care about anything after that. They then expected me to pay to return it too. Not to mention the time I spent assembling (and disassembling) the stand was just a waste.

I won't be buying from them again and you shouldn't either!
llewellynj3
May 11th, 2020
I placed my order on the 18th of March, though given Covid the order understandably took longer to arrive than forecast, but finally arrived 23 April. The delivery sat in transporter XDP's delivery depot for over a week. I tried to contact XDP, but it does not accept communication from delivery recipients. So, given that Fitness Superstore (FS) is already overloaded with orders, it makes no sense that it should use a delivery company that places the burden on FS to also field all delivery communication on top of what it is meant to be doing, which is taking orders, offering good customer service and having the items delivered professionally to customers. FS closed its phone lines and only replies to some (few) messages. The delivery driver was super nice but, clearly and sadly, overloaded. The order in total was nearly 300 kgs, but was declared a one-man job! Not only does XDP seem to be totally incompetent at customer service and deliveries, it also seems not to take the well being of its delivery employees seriously either. This is extremely concerning. In the end, the order was missing an item. XDP of course does not respond to messages. FS has sent me a couple of messages telling me that it is looking into it. Two and a half weeks later the missing item has not yet arrived, nor has any communication from FS telling me when it will. To be fair, what I have received has been great equipment, but FS is totally compromising its own reputation by using this incompetent XDP delivery company. The Poor rating reflects on this. Because FS has selected this cowboy company and continues to use it means some of that blame also resides with FS. If FS wants to use a logistics company such as this, at the very least FS should not be taking full payment from customers until the orders are successfully delivered in full, much in the way of Amazon. Today is 11 May and I continue to await the delivery of the missing item.
derylh1
February 8th, 2019
Very good at the point of sale. If you want delivery and installation then FORGET it they couldn't care less, they break promises and NEVER answer emails. They take your money straight away then when they cancel the installation they make you jump through hoops to get your money back. I have not got mine yet and its £2K My order number is 11282750
carolinew78
November 5th, 2018
Goods arrived damaged and trying to get a repair or refund has been frustrating and so far, 2 weeks after purchase I have got nowhere. Customer service is slow to respond and difficult to contact. Interest in the customer nil
joeb314
May 28th, 2017
Took my money and I never received my order. Had to go to great lengths to get refunded, tried to mess me around. The worst customer service I've experienced, I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.
vishalt3
December 19th, 2016
I had purchased a treadmill from this company and paid extra for their instillation service. Unfortunately the workers damaged my wooden flooring along the entire length of my ground floor. I reported this as soon as I could (within 24 hrs of instillation) as I had a relative there for collection. The company are denying fault as they are saying I didn't report it immediately on instillation. I am now having to go to a small claims court to try and get the money for my repairs. PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

The damage they caused more than the cost of my items!

The company are now even trying to silence my review on certain websites and are lying by saying that I had ignored their correspondence back! They denied all responsibility and are still denying it! PLEASE BE CAREFUL-UNTRUSTWORTHY COMPANY WITH POOR MORALS
leog12
May 23rd, 2013
All the top fitness brands are represented, such as Kettler, Life Fitness and York. For those planning their own home gym there is a superb gym planner feature, which allows you to lay out your various pieces of equipment in a virtual room, to best use the available space and check that everything will fit.

You can get hold of a salesperson over the phone but there is no way to contact someone in their Customer Services department. This seems likely, as customer services is nearly non-existent. 2-3 weeks to respond to e-mails and the sales people state they will pass on requests, but nothing happens.

By Carl B.