Fitness Superstore

Fitness Superstore has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 44 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Fitness Superstore most frequently mention customer service problems. Fitness Superstore ranks 86th among Fitness Equipment sites.

No positive highlights yet

• The customer service is awful the girls are so rude and arrogant.
How would you rate Fitness Superstore?

“Great products and very fast delivery.”

Tania D.
4/22/17

Ordered gym equipment to fit out my garage. Great product and very fast delivery. Very happy with the service.

“Avoid this company”

Carmen G.
9/22/20

This is the worst experience I have had… This is the worst experience I have had with a company. I bought a bike and It seems like some pieces were replaced with old ones and the seat wasn't stable at all. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still yet to get any reply and give any solution. This was my first purchase from them and will definitely be my last. Unfortunately I can not recommend them to anyone. Very disappointed!

customer service (15)
carmeng161
September 22nd, 2020

This is the worst experience I have had…
It's been 2 weeks and I'm still yet to get any reply and give any solution.
Very disappointed!

jackj353
October 17th, 2020

My parcel came with a big hole in it and most of the items were missing. I emailed and rang but no answer it took 6 weeks to get them to finally send me the rest of the stuff. To my surprise the second parcel also had an even bigger hole and still had stuff missing from the box! So unprofessional the worst delivery service I have ever dealt with 7 weeks now and still waiting. What a joke of a company!

llewellynj3
May 11th, 2020

I placed my order on the 18th of March, though given Covid the order understandably took longer to arrive than forecast, but finally arrived 23 April. The delivery sat in transporter XDP's delivery depot for over a week. I tried to contact XDP, but it does not accept communication from delivery recipients. So, given that Fitness Superstore (FS) is already overloaded with orders, it makes no sense that it should use a delivery company that places the burden on FS to also field all delivery communication on top of what it is meant to be doing, which is taking orders, offering good customer service and having the items delivered professionally to customers. FS closed its phone lines and only replies to some (few) messages. The delivery driver was super nice but, clearly and sadly, overloaded. The order in total was nearly 300 kgs, but was declared a one-man job! Not only does XDP seem to be totally incompetent at customer service and deliveries, it also seems not to take the well being of its delivery employees seriously either. This is extremely concerning. In the end, the order was missing an item. XDP of course does not respond to messages. FS has sent me a couple of messages telling me that it is looking into it. Two and a half weeks later the missing item has not yet arrived, nor has any communication from FS telling me when it will. To be fair, what I have received has been great equipment, but FS is totally compromising its own reputation by using this incompetent XDP delivery company. The Poor rating reflects on this. Because FS has selected this cowboy company and continues to use it means some of that blame also resides with FS. If FS wants to use a logistics company such as this, at the very least FS should not be taking full payment from customers until the orders are successfully delivered in full, much in the way of Amazon. Today is 11 May and I continue to await the delivery of the missing item.

howardl124
January 23rd, 2021

Bought a cross trainer from them, but had to be returned as faulty. They arranged collection and promised refund within 10 days of receipt of the product. This has now passed and no refund. I am now out of pocket having relied on these funds. They refuse to answer emails and their phone line cuts you off. I have used them numerous times and most of the products are excellent, sadly their back of house support is terrible, so I have to warn people to avoid this company.

gm436
February 10th, 2021

Despite a helpful chat experience when buying my bike, I have then had the worst ever experience since purchasing and am 100's of pounds out of pocket. Reported a fault with a brand new bike within 14 days of receiving it. Eventually sent parts to replace myself following a dodgy video which didnt even match my bike. Product still not working now saying I've to pay (to receive the exact same parts again). Honestly avoid at all costs - there are plenty of companies who will treat you 100% better and not steal your money!

clairec195
April 29th, 2020

This is my genuine and honest experience with FT.
I ordered on the 25th march and I am currently still waiting, they emailed me numerous of times to say my items are in stock and are waiting for courier to collect it. 'Any orders made before the 30th march will take 21 working days' so I was very patient and waited until the week I was supposed to receive them. I Emailed just for an update which was 21st April as I had not got any info on delivery which was supposed to be by the 24th April.
24th came and no delivery but an email late evening to say it has been dispatched. Now today I have an email to say that they are waiting for all 17 items to arrive at depot but this us weird as they email on the 24th told me it was dispatched. It will take 72 hours now to be delivered. I appreciate it is unprecedented times but my opinion is if a company can not keep up with demand why not just stop taking orders like other companies. Less popular couriers have been excellent on making sure customers get their orders in an acceptable timescale. I think 5 weeks is an unacceptable wait for such items. I think after this experience I will unlikely order from fitness superstore again. £200 minimum spend is abit high also. I am hoping my order arrives in the next couple of days like promised. Fingers crossed it all comes safe and undamaged.

The company seems suspicious

jot69
January 17th, 2020

4 different delivery dates when just not turned up. Countless calls waiting for ages before they even answer, say will call you back and never do.
Complained with no response.
When finally arrived damaged and display issues, rang back two days in a row and still no help with people saying will call me back, honestly causing so much stress, would never use again,

markj1080
January 19th, 2021
Verified purchase

Extremely poor. I have placed many orders with this company and only had one other issue previously which I put down to a one off. I placed my order *******192) on December 26th. It didn't arrive until 8th January (far outside there delivery timescales) and one of the items was incorrect, they sent me a cheaper product. I emailed straight away which a photo and even with a chase email I haven't had a reply. I have called twice and they don't answer the phone. From reading the reviews it seems that lots of others are having similar problems which is very telling.

Tip for consumers:
Avoid

peterb1288
November 11th, 2020

I brought an exercise bike from this store in September 2020. Paid for it to be installed. Used it 5 times and the crank arm came off the bike. Not fitted properly by installer despite me paying over £100 for this. Have not replaced bike. Expect me to fit the broken part! Still waiting for the part to be sent seem to pass the buck around their own organisation. Not really a professional outfit, customer service is very basic. Would really recommend you don't purchase from them. Don't even follow their own repair policies. Only positive their website is easy to find

kg204
November 7th, 2020

Dreadful customer service. Purchased a Bowflex M6 and have nothing but trouble with it from day 1, the machine make a loud grinding noise when in use. Awful customer service, they take forever to respond and when they do they just send you a page form the instruction manual advising you how to fix, even though they have been informed that this has already been attempted.

rodrigof51
November 2nd, 2020

Bought 4x 5kg plates back in July and just after a dozen times of usage 2x plates opened at the bottom. Contacted customer services 4 times and just got ignored.
I never drop the bar to the floor. Careful usage of my equipment and still didn't last 2 months. I wonder all those good reviews? Maybe those reviews were left upon receiving the product and never after some use or all fake!? Because my review never gets approved to be shown on their website! How convenient, right?!
Just avoid. Spend a bit more and buy better quality product

andrews1508
February 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

I ordered an Olympic bar for my son for his Birthday and paid for Express delivery to get it there on time. Delivery company said they couldnt find the address (but didnt bother to call for directions on the number they were given). Called FS first thing in the morning and they said they had emailed the delivery company with directions, contact numbers and instructions to redeliver urgently. 4 days later still no delivery. I called FS again - the phone just rings out. I have e-mailed twice - no reply. Extremely poor customer service. No sign of my goods.
Not impressed in the least. I would suggest looking elsewhere

na119
October 8th, 2020

Horrible people to deal with liars. Sent me a faulty treadmill and refusing to refund me. Finally was collected by manufacturer still no refund. They lie about me having altered treadmill. Then state they haven't received it.

They don't answer phone and hardly entertain emails. They robbing me of a lot of money. I warn others don't ever use these cowboys.

dominicm90
July 20th, 2020

Their customer service is awful, as you can see from other reviews.
My spin bike has been faulty since is was delivered in March, however, I just keep being fobbed off in e-mail and it is impossible to speak with anyone on the phone.

Avoid, don't waste your money.

ruthn129
June 24th, 2020

No calls or emails are answered. They will take your money. I bought a treadmill, 3 months later it has broken, cannot get replacement parts, or any sensible response. Would not recommend this company to anyone.

mattw601
July 16th, 2021

The worst company I have ever dealt…
The worst company I have ever dealt with. No customer service, just put through to sales team, with no clue about customer service. Brought a Schwinn bike which arrived faulty (it happens). In the end they couldn't repair or replace it, after about 15 calls. Took 3 over months to organise returning. Even though we just wanted the bike to be replaced with one that worked. I'd stay away. Waste of our time/money and space. Staff were rude and was left feeling ripped off. Crazy way to do business….

lese13
July 31st, 2020

Bike was great until I realised that the console wasn't working in line with the instructions manual. After several months of sending them details of the issues and getting replies asking further questions that showed they hadn't read and understood what I was saying they finally agreed to send me a replacement console. I was told 6th July that it had been sent via UPS and now as of 31st July I still haven't received it.
Totally disillusioned by their appalling after sales service.

mikeo376
June 2nd, 2020

Delivery times worse than awful, I've been waiting a month for a small "one-man" delivery item, all in stock. 25 working day lead times, even during COVID is inexplicable. Emailed EVERY DAY since the 22nd, no reply. Please avoid. You can do better.

Edit 01. 06. 20 - bad review been "reported" to TrustPilot by Fitness Superstore and will undoubtedly be taken down. Note also that they reported my review quicker than they responded to emails! Still no goods. Still no reply from daily emails to XDP and Fitness Superstore

aneels
February 16th, 2021

I purchased a Nautilus R628 in March 2020. I had problems almost immediately with the chair. After several weeks an engineer finally attended to the machine. He left but the item was still not right. After sales service was shocking. Generic replies to emails, no call back, no apology.
In the past month the flywheel no longer offers any resistence. The bike is now effectively useless.
Again no interest at all. No personal service and no effort to resolve.
Avoid company at all costs. I spent £850 so not cheap either.
Service is so bad they don't deserve one star!

bradleym187
September 24th, 2020

Avoid at all costs. If something goes wrong with their products (and it will) they don't want to know. They will fob you off to the manufacturer who ask you to contact fitness superstore. Hundreds of pounds down the drain and a broken treadmill.

scotts1460
June 18th, 2020

About as much use as a chocolate fire guard.
Lost items that never showed up, 10/15 emails- 10 plus phonecalls.
Took a trip to there headoffice and would you beliveve it, I got my refund!

Please dont support these clowns.

Tip for consumers:
JUST DONT USE IT.

taniad16
April 22nd, 2017

timp451
November 2nd, 2020

Ordered cycle, order come quickly, had to call them the next day as faulty as noisy chain and bad vibration, after emails and a number of calls this is their final statement, as below

There will always be some vibration from this cycle as it is chain driven, much like an outdoor cycle. However, we are happy to assist you if you believe there is a fault.

Please advice which parts you believe are faulty and we will be happy to replace them for you.

What a joke faulty goods you have to fix yourself complete insulting joke.

peterd1282
February 15th, 2021

Ages to get through, some rubbish products, lousy staff service don't do as promised, don't listen properly, hopeless deliver time, no call backs as promised, in the end we bought elsewhere,

Products used:
Treadmill,excercise bike and rower.
Wanted cross trainer but service hopeless

leog12
May 23rd, 2013

All the top fitness brands are represented, such as Kettler, Life Fitness and York. For those planning their own home gym there is a superb gym planner feature, which allows you to lay out your various pieces of equipment in a virtual room, to best use the available space and check that everything will fit.

You can get hold of a salesperson over the phone but there is no way to contact someone in their Customer Services department. This seems likely, as customer services is nearly non-existent. 2-3 weeks to respond to e-mails and the sales people state they will pass on requests, but nothing happens.

By Carl B.