Review of FingerHut

FingerHut reviews

Tel: 3440713226

sherriem33
4/20/19

I ordered a HP laptop for just over $300.00. And a Galaxy android phone for $240.00. After paying $300.00 toward my bill,...my balance was OVER $400.00!!! ($440.00). Four months after receiving the laptop, it quit working properly. Customer service was a joke. Pretty much got "the run around" and suggested all the things that (I) could do to fix the problem!!!! What's wrong with THIS PICTURE!? I ended up paying $110.00 to have it repaired, (needed whole new motherboard)not to mention a MONTH without it's use. WHILE I'M STILL PAYING FOR IT!!!!!!! You can believe that when this bill is finalized, they will NEVER have my business AGAIN! And I will DEFINITELY deter ANYONE from doing business with them. Their charges are OUTRAGEOUS, their business ethics ....Deplorable!

yvonneb99
3/21/19

My name is Yvonne Balfour and I thought my experience with Fingerhut was going to be pleasant, but it's not. I ordered a package to be delivered on 3/19 it didn't arrive, then it was to be delivered on 3/20 it didn't come, now the post office tells me that there was no address on the package and they sent it back. Fingerhut claims they don't have the item so I'm screwed. I want my credit or my package either will do.

taylorj11
1/21/19

I am new to Fingerhut and I am going to have to update this review As Time Goes By. Lol. So I got something in the mail from them. It was a catalogue with a credit offer in the back. The offer sounded unreal as I currently have so many credit cards mainly because of automotive repairs. I still need to do more repairs so I was thinking that perhaps I could use a Fingerhut credit card to complete the repairs. But I did not know if Fingerhut is a Mastercard, or Visa? or? But it turns out that Fingerhut is only "Fingerhut". And can really only be used at Fingerhut! It is an in-house (or in-store) line of credit. It is not the end of the world that I can't use this card. However, as I pay off the credit cards I am only going to use them yet again to complete automotive repairs and also a very expensive move onto my land. It includes installing the utilities but in the end I will be able to pay the credit cards very easily because everything else is paid off. (except for the credit cards! But that is really my only large bills to pay.)

If I cannot use FingerHut for automotive repairs, what CAN I use it for?

At first I was not interested in Fingerhut. But then I saw the unbelievable offer for a credit line. And even MORE unbelievable is that they said I was pre-approved for a certain amount but they actually approved me for a HIGHER amount than that!

Also, I noticed that one of the things that they sell are Window Units. My current house is a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom but with one living room. If I added on I would need more Window Units than I currently do. But so far I have to have 4 Window Units. I only have 2 that work. I badly need 4 Window Units. I am supposed to have one for each bedroom and one in the kitchen. I hate to say it but summer is here now and I do not have the budget to purchase two Window Units. I was planning on getting the tiniest of Window Units but even then I cannot afford to purchase them. I do not want to be very hot this summer. So I will have no choice but to get Window Units from FingerHut.

It looks like Fingerhut is an online and mail order similar to a Rent-To-Own appliance shop. I always get them confused with Oriental Trading, a crafts and party website and catalogue. You aren't going to get the highest quality experience with FingerHut. You should only use them whenever you literally have no other choice and you need an item VERY FAST. I am going to have to pay off this Window Unit for an entire year. I wonder if the Window Unit will last that long! Also, when factoring in Shipping, and the so called 2 Year Warranty, My total became $205.00 USD for one tiny Window Unit! It will take all year to pay off the balance or perhaps longer because I just know that my payment estimator did not include Interest which I know I will have to pay that. And even worse is that since I need a total of 4 Window Units. If my experience with FingerHut is mostly positive, then I will get a second (making my total of 4) Window Unit for the kitchen! I might get it by the end of this summer or perhaps next summer.

I selected the tiniest Haier Window Unit which is not that bad. In future, I will have to get better (and much more expensive) Window Units. By better, I mean that they have a built in Heater. They sell Air Conditioners With Heaters from Friedrich which I REALLY want but right now that is too expensive and I will just have to wait until I add and rewire the house. I am also going to buy a house inside the city limits so I will need plenty of Window Units. Currently I have the Radiator Heaters and the Window Units plugged into the same outlet / breaker which means I cannot run the Window Units (the heater from the Window Unit) and the Oil Radiators at the same time. Even crazier, is that FingerHut even sells Motel Style HVAC Units! If I ever want to purchase them, I do not really like to have Central HVAC because if it breaks I am doomed. However, if a tiny Window Unit breaks I am not so doomed. My Central HVAC broke and two of my Window Units broke and I still have AC. I can replace the broken Window Units with tiny Window Units with a very small expense to replace them. Even getting the Window Units through FingerHut is not nearly as expensive as repairing or replacing a Central HVAC.

This is my very first experience in purchasing a Window Unit. The others I have I found in the garbage lol. The two that broke actually lasted a while. One was made in 1983 GE Carry Cool and only requires a small replacement part but is very hard to find. The fan turns on by itself when plugged in, and then the fan turns off. It lasted 5 summers. The other Window Unit, a mammoth 1875 W LG Window Unit lasted 6 summers and the circuit breaker on the plug is dead. I really don't like having that many Watts anyways. The other two are GE and Texas Instruments. I don't know how much electricity I will use but it would be a lot less once I replace and upgrade the roof.

I will update this review when I have new information about the Window Units from Fingerhut.

twinxl
1/16/19

9 persons I spoke with, couldn't help me. She hang up on me while I'm talking to her. So rude...
This site is overpricing and will ripped you off.
They will not give you a credit for their mistakes.

christopherw246
1/10/19

I had the worse experience possible in dealing with your company. I first ordered a Canada Coat from you guys which went over the spending limit and I was happy to pay the difference. When my coat arrived and I tried it on it was the wrong size and color. I quickly wrapped it back up and sent it back the next day. It took a while for the item to be registered as returned even after i received a return received receipt. The money was slow about entering the account which was ok. The coat was out of stock so I had to order something else. I found a pair of boots I really wanted and even bought a Carhartt coat to match in anticipation of its arrival. I placed the order online and waited for my boots that never came. I checked on-line to find that I had no order status or tracking number. After calling customer service they told me that I had to order on-line. So I did. They told me the money I sent in would not be credited to my down payment but subtracted from the back end of the payment amount. This bothered me but i agree because I really wanted the boots. I payed the money and the difference. The customer representative assured me that the order had been placed. I received an e-mail telling me the order had been received yet days later the boots did not arrive and there was no tracking number. After calling a twice I was told that I had to wait 24 to 48 hours to make another order. This seemed really unfair so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The first time I was hung up on and the second time the rep gave me a hard time until I finally reached a supervisor. The supervisor, named Wanda, spoke in a very condescending tone and I knew she was searching for a way to deny me rather than help me even though I was willing to pay for the boots. After suffering through what I knew would not be in my favor, she told me that since the first item was returned I couldn't go over the limit even if I paid the difference like I did the first time. It didn't matter that I was trying to spend more money she would not make a exception regardless of all the trouble I had been through. She said she would rather give me a refund. I been going through this since November 28th. This is not January 10, 2019. I have called many times and paid twice and still haven't been treated like I am a valued customer. All I wanted was:
Carhartt Men's 6" Internal Met Guard Boot - Wide
Item Number: NBHGZ
Options: Black,13

I now have a $225.00 coat that is no good. I am severely dismayed and disappointed. That is why I feel it is my obligation to report my horrible experience, to keep this from happening to other people and potential customers.

jonathanm248
12/29/18

I had a fingerhut account for over 10 years. I was in good standing with them, never missed a payment. Suddenly, my account was closed without warning. They said my credit wasn't good enough anymore. I just tried to open a new account (10 months or so later), and it says I still have credit, but with a $0 available balance. Just don't use this $#*!ty company!

laineyw1
12/27/18

i opened an account with fingerhut in 2017 i ordered a JBL Bluetooth speaker i made all my payments on time until it was paid off without my permission my daughter ordered a gold chain on my account i called fingerhut and told them i didn't order the chain they said i had to make a police report and fax them a copy of the report so they can investigate i got the chain back and returnted the item they received it.i had not ordered from fingerhut in eights months until December 2018 i was told i couldn't place an order until i talk to the fraud dept.they said i need to send a copy of my drivers license proof of residents i faxed a copy of my DL and some mail with my PO on it i called back 3 days later they said they needed a copy of home address i found a statement from social security with my home address where i been living for twelve years and they still wouldn't except that i felt like they was playing with me so i called back and cancelled the acct i won't be spending my money with that company again i can go some where else and buy the same thing cheaper they merchandise is to high and over priced anyway.

jamiel196
12/26/18

Shipping stinks and I want a refund for items I didn't receive in time for Christmas. Thought sure 2 weeks was enough time for delivery, especially when paying almost $40! Apparently I was wrong and fingerhut obviously lies about their shopping dates.

jeffreyn20
11/24/18

I only used them once back in November 2017 for a Xmas present for my daughter. When I looked at the account last week they changed the purchase date from November 2017 to May 2018 and erased 5 months of payments. When I contacted them and they would not look into it. I said I can prove it and they still refused to look at it, so I filed with the State and gave the State my bank records. Save your money you will be happier

terencee7
11/7/18

I wish they could give Fingerhut.com negative stars. I signed up for their Fresh start program in which they give you a small credit. On time payments are reported to your credit bureau and it boosts your credit scores. When you graduate from their fresh start program, they give you revolving credit which is very good for your credit. The problem is that I bought something for $180 and made 6 payments on time. After paying off the credit, fingerhut reported my account as closed to the 3 credit bureaus, so my scores took a deep dive since it was reported as a closed account. In addition to that, I graduate to a revolving account as promised by fingerhut and instead the sent me a message that I was approved for another $180 credit. This is a SCAM in order to give people hopes that they will have revolving credit and continuously have people buying their products in hopes that they can "graduate" to their revolving credit line, but each time you never graduate and they just give you more credit to continue speding and buying their products.
This company should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of people who don't have high credit lines. This is a certain degree of fraud and/or false advertisement which does not help their already failing reputation. Stay away from this fraudulent company. I will be leaving reviews on every site possible to warn people about this company.

lisap448
10/30/18

I ordered a Bulova watch back at the end of September. As of October 8, it said the shipping label had been created. It sat at that status for several more weeks, so I called Fingerhut Customer Service 3 times to figure out why my item hadn't shipped from the distributor. Only after the third call did they inform me I had to submit an affidavit. I did, and received a reply today (the 30th) saying it showed the item was both ordered AND delivered on October 8, and that I would be charged for the item, as their records showed it was delivered, even though the tracking link they provided clearly showed USPS was still awaiting the item. This defies logic, of course, so I called and spoke to "May" -- after being put on hold for an inordinately long time, she informed me I would have to file a police report. I told her the item was never shipped, so there was no missing or stolen item to be investigated. She interrupted me with "Mm hmm, mm hmm, thank you very much, thank you very much" and would not let me finish speaking.

Customer Service is abhorrent and not at all helpful. The "Dear Valued Customer" response to my affidavit that I received was obviously churned out of some data base. I can guarantee no human EVER investigated my affidavit. I will never spend another cent with this company.

By the way, this is the first negative review of a company I have ever submitted in my life. Steer clear; I don't think real human beings work in this company. If they did, they would at least be respectful and decent.

russellf60
10/3/18

Have you ever received a notice from a debt collection agency? If so, you know that it contains language similar to this:

"This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

As required by law, you are hereby notified that a negative credit report reflecting on your credit record may be submitted to a credit reporting agency if you fail to fulfill the terms of your credit obligations."

Normally, you don't receive notices like that unless you have defaulted on your debt, and the debt is handed over to a debt collection agency. Fingerhut, however, will send you this threat before your payment is even due! As a person who takes great pride in paying my bills in full and on time, every time, I don't appreciate being treated like a debt-dodger by a company that is obviously paranoid about not getting paid.

I e-mailed them to complain about this, but they haven't replied to me. I won't be buying anything else from them because of this issue.

pierret16
9/24/18

I just got approved with a line of credit for 700 dollars after I read those reviews I think I'm going to cancel the card

amys487
8/21/18

I ordered a set of pans ($30) and a vacuum ($89). I immediately returned the vac because it looked like a child's toy and I didn't even take it out of the box. When I checked my balance it was over $75 AFTER the refund! After speaking to someone for an hour and trying to understand her "english" and hearing " I do apologize for the inconvenience" about a hundred times, she said they would refund me $14.95 which has not happened yet. I was put on hold about 4 times, asked to speak to a supervisor which she refused to do. They gave me the biggest runaround about return shipping fees and "undamaged items" fees until i was screwed out of half the cost of the item that I returned in perfect condition. They said they could not refund the full amount on the vacuum because it was NOT damaged and they only give refunds on damaged items. So if I took a hammer to it, I guess I would have gotten my money back. But they got the Vacuum back in perfect condition to resell again to some other poor sucker. And my balance is still over $75 for two lousy pans. What a total scam. I am paying off my balance and cancelling this garbage account. STAY FAR AWAY.

nancyk79
8/20/18

I have opened an account for my daughter and they approved her after a down payment of $30.00. All this happen in 2017, and she is still going strong with them. Matter of fact, her credit has risen so high that all she does is pay her monthly bill on time. Her credit score went from a low 450 to 649 now. FingerHut also has given her a raise on her credit limit. In the beginning, it was 400 and now her credit limit is 1000. I know soon they will raise her credit limit again this year and then her credit score will go up too. FingerHut is for anyone who wants to build their credit score, it's like a credit card, you must keep your balance low to see a difference in your credit score. My daughter has gotten shoes, Chromebook, and recently a laptop speaker mic. Her payments are still the same affordable monthly. FingerHut is not bad at all, you have to think of them as a credit card because they give a line of credit to you after you make every monthly payment on time. It's going on a full year now and things are great with this company. She is looking forward to another line of credit real soon.

angelam334
5/9/18

I purchased an ankle bracelet from them. Purchased it on April 4th, received it on April 16th and returned it on May 1st because it broke and fell off my ankle. Luckily it fell on the floor in my house and I was able to find it. Well, I got an email from them today telling me that it was damaged and not able to be returned or refunded. Of course it was damaged, why do you think I returned it. I wore it approximately 4 times before it broke. I did not break it, it was of poor quality otherwise it would have lasted a little longer than what it did. I am so pissed. I paid $132.00 for it and they are telling me that they won't refund my money or replace it, that I can have it returned to me and have it repaired myself or they keep it and I still owe them for it. THIS IS BULL CRAP!! I will certainly be closing my account and they won't ever have to worry about me purchasing anything from them again. They don't stand behind their products. If I wasn't afraid of messing up my credit behind this I would refuse to pay for something I cannot use. NEVER AGAIN!

aprilb102
5/9/18

I had an account with them for over 5 years. Faithful about paying on time (if not earlier) and usually more than my minimum payment. I was 6 days late this month due to moving overseas. Found out when I logged in to make the payment that I was "31 days" past due. I called (international phone call) back to the states to find out why they were saying that I was 31 days past due and they informed me that my billing cycle was from April 2nd to May 2nd and anything after that was considered late and the whole month counted. Even though I wasn't due until May 2nd. I told them to cancel my account. I will pay them off and never even think about them again. Other than telling everyone I know to stay away from them. Now my credit has been hit with being past due on them. I am so mad!!! STAY AWAY!!!

tyreeb10
2/10/18

I love fingerhut i had them for 2 years now they start me off with a credit line of $180. My credit line now $1300. Everything i have ordered still works today.

marcosc24
1/30/18

Why? They approve you for a limit let's say mine went from $600 to $1000 and then ultimately $1300. When you make purchases everything is fine. You miss one payment they decrease your limit by $300. If your balance is paid off and you owe them absolutely nothing they raise your limit and give you a deadline to make such purchase so you can lock that limit. If you don't want to make a purchase and decide not to get yourself in debt because you have other obligations what do they do? They put remove you credit line and put it all the way to $0 in retaliation. This is probably the worst I really mean it the worst credit card company I have ever dealt with. Instead of rewarding you for your payments being current and zero debt they punish you for not making more purchases despite your good paying history. Stay away from this credit line. They suck.

shantes6
1/13/18

DON'T ORDER FROM FINGERHUT THEY ARE THE WORST OF THE WORST. THEY ARE OVER PRICED ON THERE PRODUCTS YOU CANT GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER WHEN YOU CALL TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THERE COMPANY TO ANYONE.

darbyl
1/3/18

you will pay higher than retail value for items, much higher, i was set up on auto pay and the auto pay paid $4 less than my monthly they immedialty hit my credit report which made my score go down

i will be canceling fingerhut as soon as its paid off, i did call customer service which didn't want to help but instead gave me numbers to equifax, why can they not fix their own mistake???

reer12
12/24/17

This company is the ABSOLUTE WORST! I have never wrote a review on a company but I would feel horrible if I didn't warn people not to shop with this company! I have had nothing but a hard time with this company I order my daughter a Barbie dream house on November 29th to receive for Christmas it is Christmas Eve and I still have not received anything! On their website it says "guaranteed Christmas delivery" they must be talking about Christmas 2018! also I have been calling customer service everyday and I have been getting the run around. One person even went as far as lying to me telling me that my package was on the way via ups. Now I have to explain to my 4 year old that santa will bring her a doll house later. This is the worst experience ever and I hope that this company goes out of business soon. Please don't waste your time

virginias23
11/29/17

Worst company ever!! There products are garbage and low quality....they charge you for warrantys cause they products won't last and they want to make more money on you.High interest for credit and if you fall behind due to hardship they wont work with you they rather threaten you with bad marks on your credit report....This is nothing more than a rip off payday loan but difference is you get low quality merchandise instead of cash stay away and tell everyone you know this is worst company for people trying to establish credit...do your self a favor try to get credit card from capital one even if its a starter card fingerhut is shaddy...

terryb146
11/15/17

They said spend over $100 and get $50 off but not true so I didn't buy everything I wanted. Now I have o wright over 100 words lol

laurap160
11/6/17

Incompetent. Wil overcharge you including shipping for exchanges. Ridiculous. Customer service either doesnt care or doesnt understand. So frustrating. You do what they tell you to do in order to exchange something, not return, and they return it so you order it again and pay more shipping. I ended up cancelling. Their shipping is over a week as well, which in this day and age is wrong on all levels. DONT SHOP AT FINGERHUT unless you want to be screwed over, big time

i purched a alcove chair and grant that its not made of leather and has been cracking on the surface however in all fairness to fingerhut i use my chair each and every day so of course the will be ware and tear and its mostly because i use it often most people who make bad comments are not taking this into consideration

By kenneth w.

I'm not sure how to answer. I received a plastic card, but it was just something with my account number on it. As in an actual bank issued credit card, no they don't.

By dvnjustina a.

If it is your first time you can pay the difference in the beginning. If it is not you cannot order it. Even if your first order was a return.

By CHRISTOPHER W.

Questions? Get answers from the FingerHut staff and other customers.

1 Photo for FingerHut