CanadianTire

CanadianTire has a consumer rating of 2.03 stars from 30 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about CanadianTire most frequently mention customer service problems. CanadianTire ranks 30th among Tires sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 23.8%

No positive highlights yet

• She says no it must be done at the Customer Service counter.
How would you rate CanadianTire?

“Curbside Pickup is SUPER FAST!”

Jamie N.
12/29/20

Placed an order for next day pickup. Checked in online when I arrived and within 3 minutes they had my order in my truck! Would have been 5 stars but one of the ornaments was clearly defective so I was disappointed that they packed it in my order.

“Don't buy online”

Jenny V.
6/3/20

I was told by customer service that everything that's ordered right now might not be in the store or website at all. And they have no way to know it, I wastes days waiting for the status changed in an online order that's was never in the store or warehouse and they have not exact way of knowing with certainty, so if I haven't called the store then the department and the customer service line, I would have spent all my summer waiting for a pool that Canadian Tire never had in stock.

customer service (5)
jennyv54
June 3rd, 2020

davec434
February 26th, 2020

Awful website! Inflated prices, slow shipping, almost as bad as their retail stores. I'm surprised this business still exists in 2020.

deant107
August 19th, 2020

They don't allowed customers coming with any backpack, STUPID - first time I hear that.
Never ever shop over there, c'mon guys grow up.

Customer experience zeroooooo

cristinaj26
October 28th, 2020

I dont know which genius manager came with the idea to restrict the return policy as such! I guess he or she is not really familiar with the business domain. You guys are loosing business. I'm only coming to Canadian Tire if I really have to, I mainly prefer to go somewhere else because of your return policy. For example I buy a vacuum, Im going home, I try it and I dont like it: I cannot return it to you because I used it! Unbelievable! Yes, people take advantage of that but still, the overall gain for Canadian Tire will be higher if you revise your return policy! Thank God for Amazon!

jayk73
January 15th, 2021

Thought I would support Canadian companies more, especially Canadian Tire who I also hold shares in both retail / real estate (REITs). I was thinking to myself how I could use less international purchasing and stick with Canadian business is when I noticed the CT Triangle (savings) credit card. I was approved, the forms arrived within 3 days, I handed them in. It said I would receive a CC in 5 days. It's been over 30 days now with zero responses to this matter. Previously they reply back within 3 days when inquiring about Triangle.

So to make this story short and looking at the other reviews --I'll be boycotting CT and selling my shares in the company since their incompetence to touch base on this trivial issue actually does matter when I was further ready to support the company.

jamien117
December 29th, 2020
Verified purchase

sylvainb22
December 30th, 2020

I've been shopping at Canadian Tire for well over 40 years, they used to be stores your could trust, it is no longer the case, they no longer care about customers, they keep selling products that have bad reviews for years and keep ripping off customers, I've been ripped off 3 times in the last 2 years. The last time, I bought a pair of what I thought were decent walking shoes and payed 90$ for them, I went through the soles in just a few months, there's tons of bad reviews for those shoes now yet CT keeps selling them. Naturally, you can't return shoes after you wear them for a few months. Those have very thin ''rubber' soles filled with very cheap foam inside, you end up going through the sole in no time, the shoes look almost bran new on the top and soles are gone. The only good reviews of those are from people that use them to do work in their yard, but if you walk anywhere on hard surfaces, they become garbage in no time. I've had similar problems with other products I bought there. I will no longer shop there, I boycott them now and tell everybody why. It's a disgrace, Yeah yeah, shop local... Keep your garbage CT.

paulc1373
August 14th, 2020

I can't believe people still go this heap dump of a scam using a Canadian name. The store is nothing Canadian and it's a disgrace they even use this name. Canadian tire is a globalist garbage hole that rips off their customers with poison junk from China or other third world countries. They jacked the prices but at the same time prices of raw materials actually dropped. So who's doing the ripping? Canadian Tire is not Canadian and it has nothing to do with Canada at this point except being on Canadian soil. It went from a favorite to lowlifes selling junk and using garbage employees that have no business in retail or really in anything. Service is a big 0 and the products are about the same.

stevied19
October 16th, 2020

They will guarantee their cheap and useless parts so that you come back when those parts fail... and then even though their cheap parts are free... they will charge you upwards of 125 dollars an hour to replace them... total scammers! Avoid at all costs!

michaelr2403
August 9th, 2020

I mostly preorder online nowadays and apart from several returns products have always been of top quality.

lesm67
April 5th, 2021

DO NOT PURCHASE THE RED, WOODEN SEASONAL CHAIRS. Complete junk for a chair at a hefty price of $199 a chair. The paint has chipped off and the wood is rotting. Haven't even had the chairs 10 months. Took the receipt into the store and they refuse to do anything. Contacted customer service and nothing.

Products used:
Seasonal Chairs

michaelj1573
February 27th, 2021

The recent assault and battery on a customer by your employees and security is shocking. The man is not wearing a mask but did not deserve do be physically attacked. I hope this customer sues the employees and Canada Tire.

sharonr1194
April 11th, 2021

Had a knife my bf wanted said in the flyer was on sale - they had 12 in stock but store was too lazy to find them. Manager said we couldn't have a rain check but to come back in 2 days to see if they've been found! What great customer service.

kevinp785
December 10th, 2020

I made a purchase today. I was served by a person that did not speak at all and then he threw the receipt through the opening in the glass like he was throwing out trash. I hope that I wasn't too much trouble for him to serve! I think that he must be just waiting for a lay off slip!

negat
March 9th, 2021

I just find out, all the Canadian Tire are individually, independently owned by other individual people, same like Home Hardware, Dollarama, Bargain Store, etc., No wander the customer service always bad and people are not knowledgeable, I have had many insulting service from these people, I will try hard not to spend money on my local Canadian Tire for sure.

Tip for consumers:
They don't care if they sell products or not, you can only get insulted from this store, no matter you try nice to them, or dress up nicely,... all won't work!

olai3
December 30th, 2020

I have been at Canadian tire in south common location with my two little kids Monday at 2:50 PM I was looking for slide to buy and didn't find what I am looking for. So I decided to leave the store. My son has small car I got it for him from Walmart at the same day and I didn't notice he took it with him in side the store. The lady at the customer service and another guy was looking at me and she stopped me and call the security started questioning me I didn't pay for the car. She didn't believe me I bought from Walmart, just because I am wearing scarves and covering my her she was talking loud, rudely and she grabbed the car from my son's to scanned it and left my son extremely crying. Unfortunately she couldn't scan it. With rude voice said you can leave now. It is the worst place to shop. Worst staff ever.

saminar4
November 13th, 2020

They keep advertising the sale items they do not have, bought twice from different stores and orders were cancelled after three and four days that they won't have the product and then they have products on regular price

peterb1225
September 17th, 2020

I recently order 2 power bars from Canadian Tire on line ordering to be delivered by Canada Post to my residence.

I placed the order on Sept 11th and I was given the tracking # by Canada Post. The tracker doesn't give real time updates which isn't good for customer service. It shows that my order last processed in Mississauga, Ontario at 9:39 pm on Sept 15th. Today is Sept 17th and no further updates on the tracker!
My question is where is my parcel & when will I receive it in real time?
I personally don't trust Canada Post & I have had several bad experiences with them in the past and I only use them as a last resort!
I don't have any say in the matter here as Canadian Tire has elected to use them BUT I WISH THAT CDN TIRE WOULD GO WITH A MORE RELIABLE COURIER COMPANY & NOT CDA POST!
This will be my first and last time using Canadian tire!

Tip for consumers:
Do not allow Canadian Tire to ship your item to your home address! CDA POST IS NOT RELIABLE AT ALL!

Products used:
power bar

vladt8
November 14th, 2019

Canadian tire runs sales for items which are rarely or never available. I do not say this from a one or two time experience. I have repeatedly tried to chase down items they mail you in the flyer and they are almost never available despite the website saying it has 9 in stock. The most recent was a cheap jacket on sale, just as I expected the website said there was 6 mediums but 10mins later in the store there was 0. Only ridiculous sizes like XXL. A month before that boots went on sale, exact same thing. WS says 9 all day but store has 0. The guy at the store revealed that they run it like this and they never had any 9 to begin. They use the "computer error & last year stock" as a lie and excuse but its textbook false advertising and they always do it with their cheap chinese brands. This is the scam to get you in the store, they take an already cheap item and cut it by 40% and realistically none are available or sold for that price. In all honesty they had 1 x 9 but the insoles were missing so it was clearly a return or scrap stock from last season. The people in upper manangement are scumbags as well the store manager at Leslie & Sheppard. The floor people are just bad because they're forced to lie to customers for managements issues. Would not recommend unless you like false advertising and rip offs.

johnc4256
March 16th, 2020

Walked to Canadian Tire the other day, about 3km to C. T. wasn't to cold +3. To replace my broken wooden snow shovel handle (pole), I asked a fellow who worked there where I would find one, he brought me over to a display where there was a bunch of them for $12.99 (this price was attached to the display) I had also asked the Canadian Tire employee if this was the correct price, he said yes. I also grabbed some laundry detergent and garbage bags, stood in the line for about 15min and paid for my three items. Before I left the store I had realized something was wrong with what I had just paid. I was overcharged, looking at my receipt I was charged $29.99 for the shovel handle not $12.99, I walked back to the cashere (I didn't walk more than 4 feet away from her) to say I was overcharged for the shovel handle, she contacted another person to do a price check, he came back with the price display saying the wrong one was placed on the display. I said I'm not paying $35.00 for a pole, when I could have bought an entire new snow shovel for that price, and if they could just bring me the correct pole for $12.99. After about another 15 min. The fellow came back and said they don't have any for $12.99 only the ones for $29.99. I then said ok, just give me my money back and I'll get from Home Depot across the street. The casher then tells me I will have to go to customer service for a refund, I see there is a long line there, I ask if there is any way she can do it. She says no it must be done at the Customer Service counter. I then go over to customer service, take a number and wait. After another 1/2 hour 45 min, finally customer service can see me (by this time I just want to get out of this store). I give them the pole and receipt, ask for a refund. She asked why am i refunding, I tell her the story about there employee showing me this pole for $12.99 and it costing much more when I paid for it. She then asks me for ID. I tell her I have not even left the store yet, I have the wrong product due to being misinformed by there employees, why do I have to show you Valid Photo ID, when I have not even left the store. Now even though I have not used any profanitys what so ever, I now have a Security Guard standing beside me. I then tell the lady I don't have my ID as I walked to the store, she said well you'll have to get it first. I then start to explain to her the unfairness of the situation and If I can talk to a Supervisor, when the Security Guard grabs my arm and tells me I have to leave. As far as I know CANADIAN TIRE IS THE ONLY STORE YOU HAVE TO SHOW VALID ID TO RETURN AN ITEM. My son later returned the shovel pole. And I will never go back to Canadian Tire Again even though I have been a customer since 1982.

roseanneh
April 3rd, 2017

Used to be that companies would check the quality of their products before selling anything. And then it turned out to be cheaper / easier to delegate that responsibility to the consumer: if it breaks, return it. But when the retailer's return policy disallows a fair trial period we're left holding the bag (having paid for junk and unable to get our money back). When a supposedly reputable store doesn't check the quality of the goods they buy for re-sale, what are our options?

christac24
October 1st, 2018

I'm a single mom and work hard for my money I brought my truck in to canadiantire garage in Sault Ste. Marie on
It had a noise the first set of diagnostics wasn't enough so they did the second type said it was my flex plate
2800. 00 later after all the work they did I pick up my truck still has the noise
Went to talk to them turns out they changed my flex plate which they were wrong it wasn't broken it wasn't the source of the noise
Manager was so rude to me refused to reimburse some of the labor costs even for a job that didn't need to be done
And one month later my engine blew up
Brought it to Prouse they were amazing

asmabibit
October 17th, 2020

You can check online then better to go store you find out more than you aspects... I found best deal today..

tamarac19
July 15th, 2018

The site has great sales. You can even select an item and be notified when this item goes on sale.
The option of delivery to house or store. The in store delivery is usually next day and free. However there are times when you may have to wait for item to be shipped in from other stores; longest I waited was 3 weeks.
You earn valuable canadian tire dollars on every purchase.

sandrap752
December 6th, 2020

Granview Vancouver Location.
I purchased a set of four winter tires as a Xmas gift for my son online and scheduled a date for installation.
My son brought his vehicle in to the shop. I received a call later that morning from the technician advising that my son's tires were winter / M&S and in good shape so I did not need the tires. Was advised that they were going to contact my son to come & pick up his vehicle and that I can go online to cancel the order for a full refund.
That is going above & beyond the call of duty from this store and saved me a lot of money.
I am very impressed and will choose CDN Tire as my first choice for purchases. Thank you so much for being so honest.

Yes, all of them, no one has such a strict return policy.

By Cristina J.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the CanadianTire staff and other customers.

Get anything from auto parts to home d̩cor, outdoor living products, fitness/sports equipment, tools and more at Canadian Tire online or one of 500+ stores.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CanadianTire?

Have a question about CanadianTire?