CanadianTire

CanadianTire has a consumer rating of 2.03 stars from 34 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about CanadianTire most frequently mention customer service problems. CanadianTire ranks 34th among Tires sites.

No positive highlights yet

• She says no it must be done at the Customer Service counter.
How would you rate CanadianTire?

“Weed eater”

Celine D.
5/26/21

Works good. The equipment is light. Works fast. My job was finished in no time. I recommend this product.

“Don't buy online”

Jenny V.
6/3/20

I was told by customer service that everything that's ordered right now might not be in the store or website at all. And they have no way to know it, I wastes days waiting for the status changed in an online order that's was never in the store or warehouse and they have not exact way of knowing with certainty, so if I haven't called the store then the department and the customer service line, I would have spent all my summer waiting for a pool that Canadian Tire never had in stock.

customer service (5)
jennyv54
June 3rd, 2020

negat
March 9th, 2021

I just find out, all the Canadian Tire are individually, independently owned by other individual people, same like Home Hardware, Dollarama, Bargain Store, etc., No wander the customer service always bad and people are not knowledgeable, I have had many insulting service from these people, I will try hard not to spend money on my local Canadian Tire for sure.

Tip for consumers:
They don't care if they sell products or not, you can only get insulted from this store, no matter you try nice to them, or dress up nicely,... all won't work!

davec434
February 26th, 2020

Awful website! Inflated prices, slow shipping, almost as bad as their retail stores. I'm surprised this business still exists in 2020.

deant107
August 19th, 2020

They don't allowed customers coming with any backpack, STUPID - first time I hear that.
Never ever shop over there, c'mon guys grow up.

Customer experience zeroooooo

non682
June 3rd, 2021

Visited Canadian Tire Lindsay today to buy some petunias, emerald cedars and pay the Triangle card bill. Had no luck on the flowers, did find the cedars at a price gouging number. Staff were hard to find and no prices posted on most products. The only one was on the trees and having purchased them before the price was out of line. $49.99 for 3-4 foot tree. Was expecting roughly $30.00. Went up the street and found the trees at $29.99 as expected and the desired plants. Also staff interested in assisting. On that note when that store was bought by new owner the first thing that went missing was senior we qualified staff. Share holders in Canadian tire should demand a balance of service, staffing, community, corporate integrity vs return on investment. This guy seems to be focused on the latter. Time to chuck Triangle card.

check your prices

none

cristinaj26
October 28th, 2020

I dont know which genius manager came with the idea to restrict the return policy as such! I guess he or she is not really familiar with the business domain. You guys are loosing business. I'm only coming to Canadian Tire if I really have to, I mainly prefer to go somewhere else because of your return policy. For example I buy a vacuum, Im going home, I try it and I dont like it: I cannot return it to you because I used it! Unbelievable! Yes, people take advantage of that but still, the overall gain for Canadian Tire will be higher if you revise your return policy! Thank God for Amazon!

celined27
May 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

jayk73
January 15th, 2021

Thought I would support Canadian companies more, especially Canadian Tire who I also hold shares in both retail / real estate (REITs). I was thinking to myself how I could use less international purchasing and stick with Canadian business is when I noticed the CT Triangle (savings) credit card. I was approved, the forms arrived within 3 days, I handed them in. It said I would receive a CC in 5 days. It's been over 30 days now with zero responses to this matter. Previously they reply back within 3 days when inquiring about Triangle.

So to make this story short and looking at the other reviews --I'll be boycotting CT and selling my shares in the company since their incompetence to touch base on this trivial issue actually does matter when I was further ready to support the company.

russellw102
September 8th, 2020

Ever since the new ownership took over a year or two ago, the customer service is not only gone into the toilet but it has been flushed as well.
The Powell River Canadian Tire has management that thinks it's ok to walk by a very long line of customers waiting to go through a checkout (only one till open plus customer service that we're both involved in lengthy transactions) and doesn't call assistance for more cashiers and also does not open a till himself to help out. I finally asked the young lady on the till if she could please call for more tills to open as the line was getting even longer. This has been an ongoing problem since new ownership.
This is unfortunately pushing people to not shop local.
Too bad ownership really doesn't care in the slightest. I guess if they did care, they wouldn't have let go so much staff when they took over ownership.

sylvainb22
December 30th, 2020

I've been shopping at Canadian Tire for well over 40 years, they used to be stores your could trust, it is no longer the case, they no longer care about customers, they keep selling products that have bad reviews for years and keep ripping off customers, I've been ripped off 3 times in the last 2 years. The last time, I bought a pair of what I thought were decent walking shoes and payed 90$ for them, I went through the soles in just a few months, there's tons of bad reviews for those shoes now yet CT keeps selling them. Naturally, you can't return shoes after you wear them for a few months. Those have very thin ''rubber' soles filled with very cheap foam inside, you end up going through the sole in no time, the shoes look almost bran new on the top and soles are gone. The only good reviews of those are from people that use them to do work in their yard, but if you walk anywhere on hard surfaces, they become garbage in no time. I've had similar problems with other products I bought there. I will no longer shop there, I boycott them now and tell everybody why. It's a disgrace, Yeah yeah, shop local... Keep your garbage CT.

paulc1373
August 14th, 2020

I can't believe people still go this heap dump of a scam using a Canadian name. The store is nothing Canadian and it's a disgrace they even use this name. Canadian tire is a globalist garbage hole that rips off their customers with poison junk from China or other third world countries. They jacked the prices but at the same time prices of raw materials actually dropped. So who's doing the ripping? Canadian Tire is not Canadian and it has nothing to do with Canada at this point except being on Canadian soil. It went from a favorite to lowlifes selling junk and using garbage employees that have no business in retail or really in anything. Service is a big 0 and the products are about the same.

stevied19
October 16th, 2020

They will guarantee their cheap and useless parts so that you come back when those parts fail... and then even though their cheap parts are free... they will charge you upwards of 125 dollars an hour to replace them... total scammers! Avoid at all costs!

lesm67
April 5th, 2021

DO NOT PURCHASE THE RED, WOODEN SEASONAL CHAIRS. Complete junk for a chair at a hefty price of $199 a chair. The paint has chipped off and the wood is rotting. Haven't even had the chairs 10 months. Took the receipt into the store and they refuse to do anything. Contacted customer service and nothing.

Seasonal Chairs

asmabibit
October 17th, 2020

You can check online then better to go store you find out more than you aspects... I found best deal today..

syls
May 14th, 2021

I buy a chain block at China tire, I am sick about the poor quality of this Chinese distribution center
The return policy such, so I said the administration go back to china and tell them...

Products used:
they are the worst in the retail industry , the quality of the product such
it, not Canadien Tire, it a Chinese distribution center

michaelj1573
February 27th, 2021

The recent assault and battery on a customer by your employees and security is shocking. The man is not wearing a mask but did not deserve do be physically attacked. I hope this customer sues the employees and Canada Tire.

kimc63
April 6th, 2015

I have to write this review of my experience at the Canadian tire at Cedarbrae mall in Scarborough. While waiting in line to exchange a pair of rubber boots, I observed the Manager Marion speak rudely to other customers, when I asked it she could get another person to assist her she sarcastic in said no she could not. One woman in line said she had waited 30 minutes had asked to speak to another manager was told they were coming and that no one showed up. When I did get to speak to Marion she was rude and abrupt. I ended up going to another Canadian tire... I would hope in the future this Canadian tire will, review there customer service approach or they may not have customers to talk too...

jamien117
December 29th, 2020
Verified purchase

Placed an order for next day pickup. Checked in online when I arrived and within 3 minutes they had my order in my truck! Would have been 5 stars but one of the ornaments was clearly defective so I was disappointed that they packed it in my order.

sharonr1194
April 11th, 2021

Had a knife my bf wanted said in the flyer was on sale - they had 12 in stock but store was too lazy to find them. Manager said we couldn't have a rain check but to come back in 2 days to see if they've been found! What great customer service.

kevinp785
December 10th, 2020

I made a purchase today. I was served by a person that did not speak at all and then he threw the receipt through the opening in the glass like he was throwing out trash. I hope that I wasn't too much trouble for him to serve! I think that he must be just waiting for a lay off slip!

olai3
December 30th, 2020

I have been at Canadian tire in south common location with my two little kids Monday at 2:50 PM I was looking for slide to buy and didn't find what I am looking for. So I decided to leave the store. My son has small car I got it for him from Walmart at the same day and I didn't notice he took it with him in side the store. The lady at the customer service and another guy was looking at me and she stopped me and call the security started questioning me I didn't pay for the car. She didn't believe me I bought from Walmart, just because I am wearing scarves and covering my her she was talking loud, rudely and she grabbed the car from my son's to scanned it and left my son extremely crying. Unfortunately she couldn't scan it. With rude voice said you can leave now. It is the worst place to shop. Worst staff ever.

saminar4
November 13th, 2020

They keep advertising the sale items they do not have, bought twice from different stores and orders were cancelled after three and four days that they won't have the product and then they have products on regular price

peterb1225
September 17th, 2020

I recently order 2 power bars from Canadian Tire on line ordering to be delivered by Canada Post to my residence.

I placed the order on Sept 11th and I was given the tracking # by Canada Post. The tracker doesn't give real time updates which isn't good for customer service. It shows that my order last processed in Mississauga, Ontario at 9:39 pm on Sept 15th. Today is Sept 17th and no further updates on the tracker!
My question is where is my parcel & when will I receive it in real time?
I personally don't trust Canada Post & I have had several bad experiences with them in the past and I only use them as a last resort!
I don't have any say in the matter here as Canadian Tire has elected to use them BUT I WISH THAT CDN TIRE WOULD GO WITH A MORE RELIABLE COURIER COMPANY & NOT CDA POST!
This will be my first and last time using Canadian tire!

Tip for consumers:
Do not allow Canadian Tire to ship your item to your home address! CDA POST IS NOT RELIABLE AT ALL!

power bar

sandrap752
December 6th, 2020

Granview Vancouver Location.
I purchased a set of four winter tires as a Xmas gift for my son online and scheduled a date for installation.
My son brought his vehicle in to the shop. I received a call later that morning from the technician advising that my son's tires were winter / M&S and in good shape so I did not need the tires. Was advised that they were going to contact my son to come & pick up his vehicle and that I can go online to cancel the order for a full refund.
That is going above & beyond the call of duty from this store and saved me a lot of money.
I am very impressed and will choose CDN Tire as my first choice for purchases. Thank you so much for being so honest.

vladt8
November 14th, 2019

Canadian tire runs sales for items which are rarely or never available. I do not say this from a one or two time experience. I have repeatedly tried to chase down items they mail you in the flyer and they are almost never available despite the website saying it has 9 in stock. The most recent was a cheap jacket on sale, just as I expected the website said there was 6 mediums but 10mins later in the store there was 0. Only ridiculous sizes like XXL. A month before that boots went on sale, exact same thing. WS says 9 all day but store has 0. The guy at the store revealed that they run it like this and they never had any 9 to begin. They use the "computer error & last year stock" as a lie and excuse but its textbook false advertising and they always do it with their cheap chinese brands. This is the scam to get you in the store, they take an already cheap item and cut it by 40% and realistically none are available or sold for that price. In all honesty they had 1 x 9 but the insoles were missing so it was clearly a return or scrap stock from last season. The people in upper manangement are scumbags as well the store manager at Leslie & Sheppard. The floor people are just bad because they're forced to lie to customers for managements issues. Would not recommend unless you like false advertising and rip offs.

Yes, all of them, no one has such a strict return policy.

By Cristina J.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the CanadianTire staff and other customers.

Get anything from auto parts to home d̩cor, outdoor living products, fitness/sports equipment, tools and more at Canadian Tire online or one of 500+ stores.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CanadianTire?

Have a question about CanadianTire?