Review of Fareboom

Tel: 1-626-256-1249
custservice@fareboom.com

samk104
2/25/17

I'm far less than impressed with how complicated the booking process was, the charges that ended up going through which were slightly different than what was quoted (even the ticket and itenrary email still show a different amount than what my bank statement says), the rebates were not INSTANT as advertised and the payment verification charges were not reversed within 24 hours as promised. That could be quite possibly the reason behind the variance in charges, that however was not explained to me upfront on the site, but rather in a surprisingly confrontational email that I received directly from the CEO. This review was edited for clarity after an email request from the CEO. I was contacted by a customer support representative who was professional and sympathetic to my situation, he apologized for the miscommunication and misunderstanding validating my experience and assured me that Fareboom is constantly striving towards improvement and doing things better.

Fareboom takes a lot of steps to ensure payment security, and I commend them for that, they pre-auth a small amount to verify that you have access to the card that you're using for the purchase, the email asking you to enter the verification says that the charge will be reversed within 24 hours, that's incorrect, it takes about 48 hours during normal business operating hours for this to happen. The site also says that they have an "instant" rebate, that rebate is not instant and will have to be charged to you first then applied within several business days, which is not instant, nor clearly communicated to you at the time of purchase.

Now this may not seem like much but here is what I'm comparing this with, my experience with [other provider] which I used to process another flight recently. That experience was phenomenal if not flawless, super straight forward in terms of me providing my information for payment and otherwise and guess what, no change in the amount charged the final amount ended up being exactly as quoted, no surprises there.

This experience has been traumatizing to say the least, save yourself the hassle and use any other provider, no this review is not planted by a competitor as the CEO claims in his hostile and condescending email I'm a customer who feels extremely slighted and irate by a lack of empathy and professionalism by this organization. My issue is not with the additional amounts that were charged, it's about the difficulty and complexity of the process, the false information and the variation in charges quoted vs applied and the hostile email communication I received from the CEO himself. I had many options to choose from in terms of providers for the price I paid, unfortunately Fareboom was the wrong one.

I am more than happy and willing to provide evidence of all my claims including emails and screenshots of communication with Fareboom and my bank statements.

thomasm67
2/13/17

Some times you just run into a air travel web site that has all the good tools to find great deals. This travel web site is one of them that has found me some incredible deals to fly around the world and I.fly around the world several times in a year. One problem I found is that the deals do not last long, so know your prices of travel destination and when you see the deal, book it, cause they don't .last long. Example I found flights from IAD , Washington d c to Bangkok ,Thailand this past year , round trip $548. A bargain to consider for a flight half way around the world. They also show you when the peak prices are and use multiple airlines to choose from.

Questions? Get answers from the Fareboom staff and other customers.

Fareboom?