Review of eTax.com

Tel: 855-275-3829
support@etax.com

lynnm303
4/16/19

This is the worst tax service that I have ever encountered. It said it was free, didn't give me a chance to review, and submitted my state without telling me that it was going to charge me $29.95. Plus, it did not draft the money that I owed the IRS to them, like every other tax service. I had to pay the IRS directly on the 16th, because that's when it was accepted by them (the IRS). Called them 3 times complaining, and wanted to talk to someone about this. She almost hung up on me, but put me on hold forever, until I finally hung up.

neethin1
4/1/19

Too many calls from too many different numbers.
How many times you requested to remove your number, no use. They don't have control of their own data.
Too many call centers.

tawshawab
3/26/19

First off the site claimed to be fee. However I know most of them have additional fees. I paid $79 for Federal and State, because I had some business income. Their price was cost much less than Tax Act or Turbo Tax. I filed my federal Married filing jointly and State Married filing separately. Their system automatically had me as filing jointly with the state and I had to call them to change it. When I paid my bill. I didn't get a receipt. So I called again and they told me my credit card statement was my receipt. If you are filing a simple return. Just use Tax Act or Turbo Tax. I will never use them again. They would have cost me an additional $120 in State if I hadn't known what I was doing.

thomasd344
3/21/19

Stole $125 from me, a senior citizen on social security and pension. I NEVER authorized a payment. They said I checked a payment box, no They did. Liars and crooks

michaelc1575
3/6/19

They took over 86 dollars from my check after being told when filing that 19.99 was going to be tooken out they are way worse then turbo tax, my check got sent back to the irs and now got to wait several months to get a paper check cause they couldn't edit my bank account numbers. I would bit reccoment using this service at all, for. Now on will go bsck. To turbo tax, THEY ALSO BEING INVESTIGATED FOR TAKING ALL THAT MONEY OUT OF MY TAX CHECK.. AND THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WAS DOING

garys580
2/28/19

advertising indicated that eTax was a free software to file a tax return electronically with the IRS. When our refund arrived at our bank it was a little over $100 less than what was indicated on the filing with the IRS. When I checked the "Where's my refund" on IRS.gov it indicated what the filing did. It wasn't the fault of the of the IRS. I think I'll do something different next year. Maybe get a part time job with a filing service and get an "employee" discount :) Shame on you "eTax". Never again!

dareinf
2/24/19

Do not use etax.com for your taxes. I did mines on their site and they gave me the amount after I was done doing them. I called customer service and a lady there was very rude from the beginning of the call and gave me a different amount than what online said. This is FRAUD!! They have no manners whatsoever and very poor ethic. She wanted me to do all the work when that's what she's getting paid for "CUSTOMER SERVICE." BEWARE!

charlesw298
2/24/19

******************************************************************************************************************
Unfortunately "0" wasn't a rating option!!!!

candys59
2/21/19

Said it was free was never ask any questions about fee (big lie). .when I called them because they had my bank acct number wrong they then informed me of charges. I kept saying NO to help cause I seen that it was a charge and I had a simple return. But they took $102.00 of my very small refund. Please stay away from this site!!!! C.Smith Ohio

mh472
2/16/19

tried to file logged in ask for basic info and then credit card number after that indicated tax filed with IRS and I never got to that!!! Scam ! now have to fight with bank and the company for refund. Stay away!!!!

jonathanh234
1/31/19

I realized being single with my one paying job I've had with no changes, I just needed a simple way to file my taxes. It didn't cost much either.

jenniferk329
1/24/19

After i efefile and saw that i owedowed called etax to question this and theythey had looked it over and becausebecause i enteredentered wrong infoinfo on my returnreturn they were not willing to correct itit and grant it taxes cannot bebe submitted til jjan 28thth and the girl i spoke with nancyyyynancyyyy was extremely ruderude eetax i can assure you i will not be efileingefileing with you next yearyear ii dont pay pepeople to be void to me and on top of that to be useless

ramr11
5/16/18

Poor customer service and whatever mistakes done by them ,customers has to pay for it.Don't ever file with this company.

tejask3
5/8/18

bad customer service, they shout at you for no reason.
Delay in process.
Not free.
Bad experience, would never use it again.

sandraa114
4/14/18

I used etax for the first time. I discovered the website is not user friendly and their prices for some forms are to expensive. Next time ill stick with Turbo Tax.

alisat8
3/27/18

It sucks. They lie. They say free and at the end they charge. For direct deposit they charge $60.00 without telling you. DONT USE

brittanys104
3/14/18

put it in quotation marks. not free at all. o yeah its blah blah blah... and the end when its all said and done fee on top of a fee on top of a fee on top of a fee. i filed with someone else last year and it actually was free. so you know... etax people you got your fee's from me this time... fool me once but you will not fool me twice... and hopefully other poeple reads these reviews before they file theirs. I hope this helps you people. Taxes on everything... taxes on getting your taxes back. this world is $#*!ed up.

williamc301
2/28/18

I filed what I thought was a free tax return with this outfit only to find out later a was charged $94.85. They took this out of my return for $205.00 which left me with $110.15. and I did all the work. The $94.85 consisted of 3 different so called charges.

brians359
2/22/18

I used etax.com to prepare my 87 year old father's 2017 taxes. He is on Social Security and has a few dividends and some interest. Got all the way to the end and FREE turned out to be $49.95 for the federal and $29.95 for the state. Called and was told they charged extra for forms! WHAT??? Didn't see that anywhere. Wasted several hours getting to this point. NEVER AGAIN. Went to FREE KARMA TAX.com and it was FREE!

sharonh129
7/17/17

Filed my taxes in March and still have not received my refund, however they took their fees from the check in April, no one knows where my money has gone! They charge $100 for filing!

stevew221
4/18/17

says its free but you have to pay a fee in the end to hold it and you have to wait 24 to 48 hours to get it after you complete it and pay them.
it doesn't get worse than this.

robertak8
3/8/17

My car broke down , and somehow an etax page was loaded on my phone when we finally arrived home. I somebody with aspergers did it myself. I thought it would be hard but the site makes filing easy.

gregc64
1/19/17

Someone needs to actually study the tax codes before attempting to run this kind of business. I done some research after the fact and called and cancelled and went to a real tax service. The service I first chose was using etax. They don't even know the simplest of tax codes.

lindag127
4/21/16

Did you recieve my taxs return? when will recieve my taxs return?

kelberd
4/12/16

I was rejected by the IRS due to me being legally disabled and someone using me as a dependant. I do work part time and wanted to file my own taxes this year.Ok that person has amended their return to exclude me.Though my refund amount has not changed this customer service rep insists that I did in fact change my return. To add things or take away from anything on your return would in fact change the refund amount.(education tax).If I have already paid the fee for your services why on earth would you insist that another payment be made to file the exact same thing??Under the guise that changes were made.Having an understanding that tax season is money season for some,some of us are disable and can only do so much,like paying again for a service that says I have to pay only once.I would rather a call and apology and permission to use what I have already compensated you guys for.

Questions? Get answers from the eTax.com staff and other customers.

eTax.com?