Review of eTax.com

Tel: 855-275-3829
support@etax.com

mh472
2/16/19

tried to file logged in ask for basic info and then credit card number after that indicated tax filed with IRS and I never got to that!!! Scam ! now have to fight with bank and the company for refund. Stay away!!!!

jonathanh234
1/31/19

I realized being single with my one paying job I've had with no changes, I just needed a simple way to file my taxes. It didn't cost much either.

jenniferk329
1/24/19

After i efefile and saw that i owedowed called etax to question this and theythey had looked it over and becausebecause i enteredentered wrong infoinfo on my returnreturn they were not willing to correct itit and grant it taxes cannot bebe submitted til jjan 28thth and the girl i spoke with nancyyyynancyyyy was extremely ruderude eetax i can assure you i will not be efileingefileing with you next yearyear ii dont pay pepeople to be void to me and on top of that to be useless

ramr11
5/16/18

Poor customer service and whatever mistakes done by them ,customers has to pay for it.Don't ever file with this company.

tejask3
5/8/18

bad customer service, they shout at you for no reason.
Delay in process.
Not free.
Bad experience, would never use it again.

sandraa114
4/14/18

I used etax for the first time. I discovered the website is not user friendly and their prices for some forms are to expensive. Next time ill stick with Turbo Tax.

alisat8
3/27/18

It sucks. They lie. They say free and at the end they charge. For direct deposit they charge $60.00 without telling you. DONT USE

brittanys104
3/14/18

put it in quotation marks. not free at all. o yeah its blah blah blah... and the end when its all said and done fee on top of a fee on top of a fee on top of a fee. i filed with someone else last year and it actually was free. so you know... etax people you got your fee's from me this time... fool me once but you will not fool me twice... and hopefully other poeple reads these reviews before they file theirs. I hope this helps you people. Taxes on everything... taxes on getting your taxes back. this world is $#*!ed up.

williamc301
2/28/18

I filed what I thought was a free tax return with this outfit only to find out later a was charged $94.85. They took this out of my return for $205.00 which left me with $110.15. and I did all the work. The $94.85 consisted of 3 different so called charges.

brians359
2/22/18

I used etax.com to prepare my 87 year old father's 2017 taxes. He is on Social Security and has a few dividends and some interest. Got all the way to the end and FREE turned out to be $49.95 for the federal and $29.95 for the state. Called and was told they charged extra for forms! WHAT??? Didn't see that anywhere. Wasted several hours getting to this point. NEVER AGAIN. Went to FREE KARMA TAX.com and it was FREE!

sharonh129
7/17/17

Filed my taxes in March and still have not received my refund, however they took their fees from the check in April, no one knows where my money has gone! They charge $100 for filing!

stevew221
4/18/17

says its free but you have to pay a fee in the end to hold it and you have to wait 24 to 48 hours to get it after you complete it and pay them.
it doesn't get worse than this.

robertak8
3/8/17

My car broke down , and somehow an etax page was loaded on my phone when we finally arrived home. I somebody with aspergers did it myself. I thought it would be hard but the site makes filing easy.

gregc64
1/19/17

Someone needs to actually study the tax codes before attempting to run this kind of business. I done some research after the fact and called and cancelled and went to a real tax service. The service I first chose was using etax. They don't even know the simplest of tax codes.

lindag127
4/21/16

Did you recieve my taxs return? when will recieve my taxs return?

kelberd
4/12/16

I was rejected by the IRS due to me being legally disabled and someone using me as a dependant. I do work part time and wanted to file my own taxes this year.Ok that person has amended their return to exclude me.Though my refund amount has not changed this customer service rep insists that I did in fact change my return. To add things or take away from anything on your return would in fact change the refund amount.(education tax).If I have already paid the fee for your services why on earth would you insist that another payment be made to file the exact same thing??Under the guise that changes were made.Having an understanding that tax season is money season for some,some of us are disable and can only do so much,like paying again for a service that says I have to pay only once.I would rather a call and apology and permission to use what I have already compensated you guys for.

pablor14
2/24/16

I filed my 2015 taxes to get back $966 and got only $855. They took $111. I will never use etax.com ever again. No star, Nothing Free about etax.com. The IRS should be ashamed of themselves for recommending etax.com. They are THIEVES!!!!

jerryb52
3/4/15

I did my tax return through etax on line. The web sight said this a a free filing service for federal tax return.upon completion. The web site showed they had a charge. Rather than use my debit or credit card to pay for this fee, I elected to let them take the 29.95 fee out of my refund of $245.. I never received any from etax about my refund. I went into my bank account to verify my retirement deposit. I found out etax had put $29.00 in my account for my refund. I called them they said they only got $129.00 from IRS.and because I had them to pay the money they had to charge additional fees.which were not disclosed. I rate there service a zero and will not use them again. There response was all tax services charge this additional fee. I tried to use turbo tax, tax act, H & R Block they all said there would be no fee to file. All of them had up front charges that is why I used e tax this year because the charge they showed at the end of filing was at $29.95. Yes they did give a disclosure that my money first would be deposited in there affiliate bank in Penn. yet they did not disclose any additional fee other than the 29.95. I did not get back my full refund from IRS, I asked to speak with a supervisor about my refund , she stated that was my problem. In the past when I used one of the other tax services, they put me in touch with IRS to get a correction done. E TAX never offered me any assistance other than to say they did what they were doing. I would not recommend using them to anyone. I score them a 0 on the scale

christines38
2/13/15

I filed my 2014 fed and state, 129.80 fees, filing fees and bank fees. there was nothing free about filing. I will never use etax.com ever again. No star, Nothing Free about etax.com. The IRS should be ashamed of themselves for recommending etax.com. Where's my refund............

juanc26
7/8/14

I filed 12/31/2012 tax return using IRS endorsed website ETax.com; Direct deposit to my bank account was short $114; I called etax and spoke to person who said $114 represented fee for filing return and for failure to give them my credit card information. Neither etax nor IRS can explain to me what "FREE" means to them in this case. IRS is endorsing this type business to continue year after year. Go figure!

maryr11
6/16/13

I filed my taxes with etax.Iwas suppost to get $1257.00 back and i got $1162.15
back.They took out $94.85 .Icalled the I.R.S.and the said the check was made out
to etax.They took out a fee .I could have got the tax form filled out for nothing
They didn't say anything about charging anything,they said i would get a refund of $1257.00.Cheating people 76 and 70 years old.

Questions? Get answers from the eTax.com staff and other customers.

eTax.com?