Review of Escrow.com

Tel: +1 (888)511-8600
babbey@escrow.com

johnj784
2/15/19

This guy is insane. Really... I have never left a feedback like that. He never waited me. Always on the keyboard for me. Also insanely fast and kind. Thanks again

danig33
2/6/19

First of all, the online "verification" process was neither clear nor well coded. Attempting to make a $1000 sell, the website clearly stated that verification only required for US citizens OVER the amount of $3000, yet I received email after email requesting verification. Second, the "verification" process on the buyer's end took forever. This is an exceptionally poor, slow service -- that should not take so long. They seriously need to get it together to survive.

riteshk5
1/30/19

Just one word - Pathetic Service. I'm not even saying about the escrow they fee they charge but the overall service. I was in process of selling an asset using a broker. The broker insisted on using Escrow.com. The verification process is a joke. It took me 1 week to get the verification done. Apparently, they could not mention that I needed to provide my Passport for verification.

Now the asset transfer process again was troublesome, with escrow not know what documents they need to verify to mark the transaction as complete.

Now the payment part. My bank requested for the swift message copy. Which as per the escrow can be provided after 5 days of closing statement. Bunch of bullocks. After taking $800 in fee you cant provide 24x7 support, or relevant documents then purpose do you serve.

Highly dissatisfied with the service. Never ever using them again.

jonathand132
1/28/19

Purchasing a car out of state was made simple, efficient, with no stress to the buyer or the seller through Escrow.com. My transaction was excellent and safe. Escrow.com protected my large amount of money and the car that I was buying. Both parties are supported in an excellent way from start to finish. Both parties do not need to stress. I recommend Escrow.com without any reservations.

stefana33
1/17/19

Good support!

I used the "concierge" service and it was very helpful.

I would use escrow (and the concierge) again.

melissaw244
12/31/18

Escrow provides great support and really makes sure buyer has a great experience. Don't worry about losing money that won't happen with their team.

ericm417
12/29/18

Needed assistance with account verification and the person helped with everything they could, reviewing documents live. Nice to have quick assistance when you need it!

rahult18
12/8/18

I tried Escrow for first time and it was superb
Very easy,systematic and safe
We are 100% sure for payment of our goods

mithunk5
12/8/18

Alex was very kind, patient and helpful answering my all questions. Escrow payment gateway is much more secure than anything I have ever used and would recommend to my people but I would appreciate if the charges levied by them would go a bit lower.

mikem1098
11/26/18

So far it appears that they sit on the money much longer than is necessary. At one point they appeared to be a safe and secure site to work with. Now I worry about all of the data that they have collected as well as sitting on money in the middle before releasing it. Who is keeping an eye on the people who are supposed to be "security" and how secure are they? Not one of them have supplied me with a surname, if even a real first name.

danielb589
11/23/18

A customer service rep was very helpful in helping me troubleshoot a domain transfer issue. While I feel like the issue shouldnt have existed it was mostly on the seller that was the problem, not them as a middleman.

daleh124
11/8/18

IT's a challenge to work with people in different states or countries. I really appreciate the efforts of their team to walk me through the process. Kim, Mikey and the whole team did a fantastic job helping me.

Thanks guys!
Dale

juliac147
10/31/18

Contacted the Support team about changing my name due to marriage and got a quick response instantly. Reese was able to resolve my issue promptly and was much appreciated.

johannesb10
10/27/18

My first experience with Escrow has been really good. I was the seller. Extensive help and information throughout the process. Fair handling price. Quick payment through bank transfer. I will definitely use their service again. Thank you.

mollyh47
10/23/18

I had already read the information about selling a car that has a lien on it, and the website was clear about how that works. But since I've never done anything like this, I needed to make sure I understood. The person assigned to me for the online chat was patient and thorough, and I am very much reassured now that I understand the process and expectations.

danielr368
10/23/18

The Escrow.com website describes a $26 'standard fee', which increased to $45 when I signed up and entered the amount I wanted to transfer ($1400) I'd call that a sliding fee rather than a standard fee. And only after I'd sent the buy offer did the confirmation page reveal there are additional fees for the two payment options: $25 for international wire transfer or $46 for Paypal or credit card. And accepting credit card payments just doesn't cost that much. This is deceptive conduct and terrible value for money. I won't use this service again and I will caution friends and family members against using it.

Response from Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative
Hi Daniel,
The fee calculator you screenshot is there to make sure customers can see the escrow fee charged before starting a transaction, not to deceive. We advise the inclusion of $25 for an international wire transfer as international intermediary banks take wire transfer fees from deposits before they reach Escrow.com - these are not fees that go to Escrow.com.
I hope this helps clarify.

Best regards,
Jackson Elsegood
iany7
10/23/18

The customer support helped me solve my account issue very quick. The user interface is also friendly and easy-to-use.

bursaf
10/17/18

the first time i am worry and confused, but the team support can help and guide me well. if you are still doubtful and confused, you just email to support@escrow.com for resolving your problems.

Finally, I successfully bought and transferred the domain I wanted.

Best Regards from Bandung City, Indonesia.

jinx1
10/11/18

I'm purchasing a domain name and going to pay through PayPal, which is from me. However Escrow told that they cannot verify the PayPal owner even though I made the payment right away from my escrow account.

taylorr84
10/11/18

First time using the site, I was very confused getting into things. The online customer service was excellent.

bobk180
10/5/18

Escrow.com pulled through in a complicated transaction dealing with a foreign entity that put us all though a wild roller coaster ride. I cannot say enough about the professionalism and expertise of Escrow.com. Thank you making this transaction possible!!!

jyadm
9/26/18

I always use Escrow, love it. However I guess the price of the concierge service can be much lower. It was based on the price of the website not fixed as a service fee

fayssala
9/23/18

Very good contact support ! Je suis français et malgré mon anglais approximatif ils comprennent sans problème et répondent assez rapidement

wangj4
9/20/18

Low fee and wonderful services,
Swift custom response,
If support the payment of cryptocurrency, it will be great!

alexa274
9/13/18

I used them to sell a domain last year. They refuse to send me the payment via bank transfer with various bogus reasons. Early this year they sent me a physical check no bank in the EU would cash.

I'm still trying to get my money held hostage by Escrow.com!

Hi David, we've processed just over $3 billion in transactions to date, with transactions from $100 all the way up to over $10,000,000. In addition to our regular licensing requirements, I hope you'll take a moment to look at the customer testimonials on www.escrow.com

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Someone wants to sell me a vehicle but I must pay £7,000 through yourselves before I view, or receive the vehicle. Is this correct and how do I know my money is safe ? After 4 days I can either accept the vehicle, or return it for a refund. How safe is that please ?

By William S.

Hello Onu, You may direct the Seller to the Escrow.com website to learn more about our service, or you can provide them with our phone number, 949-635-3800. Once the Seller has agreed to us our service to complete the sale, both parties must register a free account on our website. One party will create the transaction and must enter the other party's email address. After both parties have agreed, the buyer will be given payment options to send the funds. Escrow.com will then hold the funds until both buyer and seller confirm the transaction is complete. Please contact us at support@escrow.com if you have any other questions. Thank you, Keith Gettle Customer Service Manager.

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hello, We are not familiar with the company, however, Escrow.com would be able to accept transactions for that type of a service. You will want to make sure that you are registering your own account with Escrow.com and that you never take payment instructions from emails that are sent you unless it was at your request through our support center. Please feel free to contact us at anytime by email at support@escrow.com or by phone at 949-635-3800 or 888-511-8600. Thank you,

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hi Michael, The process of setting up your transaction on Escrow.com starts by entering the details of the sale (the details of the watch, price and currency), which will walk you through the steps of the escrow transaction and calculate your fee for you. If you'd like to see more info before you start a transaction, I would start with this page https://www.escrow.com/what-is-escrow , or give our support team a call. Cheers, Jackson

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hi Bill, Escrow.com does one thing, and does it very well. That being said most people who have a transaction go smoothly don't have a reason to go and write a review, so as a result you tend to see just the polar opposites of opinions on sites like SiteJabber. If you would like to find out about how our service works for your particular transaction, give us a call and we'll be happy to walk through it with you. Cheers, Jackson

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hi Tarja, Extremely easy, Escrow.com offers disbursements via ACH and Wire Transfer. If you have further questions about the process, please feel free to reach out to our Live Customer Support Team and we will be happy to assist you. Escrow.com Customer Support support@escrow.com Toll Free 888.511.8600, U.S. and Canada International 1.415.801.2270

Hi Sam, our head office is in San Francisco, California

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hi Brittany, Escrow.com does not mandate the use of a purchase agreement but we can provide you with a template that may fit your transaction. Feel free to reach our Support team on support@escrow.com

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Escrow.com records shipping information as part of your transaction. In this case our disputes and arbitration team would work with the shipping company to track and confirm the delivery of the vehicle.

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Escrow.com staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Escrow.com