Review of Escrow.com

Tel: +1 (888)511-8600
babbey@escrow.com

steveb936
5/24/19

Escrow.com is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. I had a large transaction and a concierge was assigned to us to help in the process. He was basically useless and never did anything for us to help resolve the numerous problems we encountered. Then, he completely disappeared for about 10 days. He then suddenly answered my email and then disappeared again. And, good luck getting anyone else in their support department to help. If you send them an email they don't have an auto-response, so you never even know if they got your email, you just have to wait and hope they answer your email. Plus, their website security sucks. They do not have two-factor authentication and, if the details on your disbursement page change they don't even send you an email to notify you that a change has been made. The attitude of this company seems to be, you have nowhere else to go, so we will treat you like crap and there is not much you can do about it. I would never use them again and I would warn people to avoid them like the plague!

jp498
5/15/19

Neal (Neil?) at escrow has been with us every step of the way. We're grateful for his help in a process that can easily go off-track or otherwise get mixed up when two parties who don't know each other need a trusted middleman to get the process completed. Thanks Neal and the others (Jo) who helped us along the way.

jonathand170
5/14/19

My aunt sold my deceased uncles car. It was at the request of the buyer that we use escrow.com. Sadly, escrow.com does very little to listen to the seller or assist. The buyer of the car received the car on Monday 05/13/2019. At that point they are supposed to go into the account and mark the bought item as received. They did not do this. I called escrow.com and reported this and they said they will send an email to the buyer. I said I sent you a video of the guy driving off in the car. I gave you the order number and transporters phone number to confirm delivery. I was told that they will give the buyer more time to respond, while my aunt sits with no funds for a car they received. The buyer is to go in and show received the day they receive it. Then a two day inspection process starts. But none of this starts until they show received. I said well he should confirm receipt as of Monday 05/13/2019. I was told no the two day inspection period does not start until they confirm. I said so they could technically drive around in the car for a month and then confirm receipt and we have no money for the sale. I was told that often sellers say that the buyer got something and they did not receive it at all. I said well I have given you everything you need to confirm receipt. This company helps no one.

hamedh4
5/11/19

I have had a deal in escrow and had problem with receiving payment, they help me very much. It was domain deal, they have done great to solve my issue. I highly recommend them.

mauror9
5/10/19

Neil Q. at Escrow.com Did an awesome Job Helping me With some issues I had when Finishing a Payment for Website. He Was friendly, Knew what I was talking about and Gave a hassle free solution. Awesome job Escrow.com

jongheel
5/10/19

I did domain transaction via escrow.com.
It was my very first domain selling.
Even though I have so many questions via, supporters helped me very quickly.
I especially really liked the 'chat' mode since it gave me really quick response.
Also, helpers explained quite clearly so everything I wanted to know was very clear.
Thank you Alex !

promods4
5/9/19

I'm selling a domain name for the first time and have had various questions. I phoned for help twice and got excellent help twice. Quick and thorough. In addition, they provide useful updates by email and on their website.

Overall, they are reassuring and inspire confidence. I wish I had more to sell!

austinm108
5/7/19

I was on the phone to GAB C at customer support and she was the best. She helped me out so much and answered all of my questions promptly. I had a confusing situation that was hard to explain but she took the time to go through every aspect of the problem so she could fix it correctly. I appreciate this customer support and will definitely use Escrow.com again :)

asmaar
5/7/19

I was very pleased by how professional they were. They are very reliable. I guarantee it 100%.
I thank the team, bravo for your good work and keep it on.

jeffl291
5/3/19

I recently used Escrow Dot Com , because the seller insisted on using them. When the transaction closed, Escrow Dot Com sent the Title to my car, which was signed by the seller to my OLD ADDRESS, to someone I don't know who, with NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED! A stranger has possession of the title to my car, and can now put it in their name. I asked for them to retrieve the lost document, and they have refused to help me. I asked the seller to get a lost title and send it to me, he is charging me $200.00 for his help.
I would never use Escrow Dot Com, EVER AGAIN! Be careful, it can happen to you!!

michaelh1339
5/1/19

An absolute nightmare. Mine was a simple collector car transaction and should have required one week at the very most to complete. Escrow.com has had my money for a month now and I've had the vehicle for three weeks! The seller is threatening to report the vehicle "missing" and send the sheriffs to my house, impound the vehicle and arrest me! And this was a man that prior to dealing with escrow.com was very easy to work with. No end in sight after too many phone calls and emails to recall and I'm at a loss as to what to do next

huittl
4/30/19

Escrow.com rep walked me thru the steps to sell my domaine and set up payment. Took a while and the rep stayed on the phone with me to make sure I completed the steps.

mc562
4/27/19

Customer support during the middle of an escrow transaction was top, Neil Q was able to help me fix problems I intimately was responsible for with grace. He followed through with a prompt return call and... United Airlines need more guys like this in their call center(s)...

scotts771
4/24/19

If you have ever been in business you know the pain of charge backs and that it can take down your business even if you did everything right. You can have your merchant account ask for reserves, etc. But with Escrow.com they "Keep the honest, honest" Chat reps are really helpful and right there while you are creating the transaction.

daveh315
4/20/19

I have never used a site like this before. They made it easy and answered all the questions I had. The process was faster than I expected.

ronw192
4/19/19

I highly recommend Escrow.com based on their many years of service that I've been using them for my domain transactions...five star service!

kennethw188
4/11/19

I accidentally checked off assets as received and went one step too far and checked them as accepted. I was suddenly the new owner instead of having 3 days for a due diligence period. I did a quick chat with Escrow.com and Jenn M called me and got it set back one step. Thank you

alia334
4/10/19

I recommend Escrow if it's a collective payment, Though if there are multiple mielstones it can take quite a bit of time each and you must pay disbursment fee on each milestone. I would love to see if escrow can allow disbursement of multiple milestones at once.

stephanp10
4/8/19

Can you say worst experience ever? After an account was set up and Funded the company let us know that they are unable to do this type of transaction (property renovation). They should have let us know from day 1 versus sending multiple emails to fund the transaction. The situation only got worse. I was told my funds would be refunded multiple times, but it would take 2 weeks. A wire transfer within the US does not take 2 weeks, let alone 3 weeks plus. I asked for verification as to where the funds were sent and the response "we sent them back to where they came from ". After further discussions, I was told to check with my bank...how can my bank help me when they did not initiate the incoming wire transfer? I asked for verification as to where the funds were sent (routing number, account number, and date of transfer). Of course I DID NOT receive this information, but rather an email that the a wire transfer was sent out. Funny thing is, the date of sending the wire transfer out this time was a different date than they told me on the first call. Yes, I am still waiting on my funds. Are they sitting on my funds collecting interest?
This business is highly unethical. It cost me a substantial amount of time, money, and frustration.

robs328
4/1/19

I sold a domain wherein the payment disbursement was to be split between two parties. Reese and team made the process go smoothly. I highly recommend Escrow.com.

lewr8
3/29/19

Jo (Jill) was quite helpful! A college English instructor, l was impressed with her skill with the King's Englishas it was obvious English wasn't her first language.

I complimented her on her handling of English, telling her my profession, and then that she spoke English better than the great majority of Americans.

She, however, didn't respond to my praise; rather, she was all businessand quite adept in this capacityand l'm sure my opinion vis-a-vis Jo's skill in helping me in my first Escrow.com transaction is your primaryand probably onlyconcern in surveying me.

davidt707
3/28/19

I highly recommend using the services of Escrow.com which I checked is licensed to provide escrow services in the USA. Their service is excellent in all respects including their support staff. On one occasion I sold a domain name on a payment plan which spanned about seven payments and it went very well. It's absolutely worth joining Escrow.com if you wish to securely sell or buy digital or other assets.

raulr46
3/7/19

I got scammed because of this site . It's really easily for people to fake as being them . Their security is pathetic ! I talk to their support team and they are doing nothing against it . After a while they also stopped responding to my emails . So please be smart and never use this site

jeanfrancoisc1
2/22/19

I highly recommend Escrow.com. It's really a flawless service for securing transactions and the chat support is simply the best I ever experienced.

johnj784
2/15/19

This guy is insane. Really... I have never left a feedback like that. He never waited me. Always on the keyboard for me. Also insanely fast and kind. Thanks again

Hi David, we've processed just over $3 billion in transactions to date, with transactions from $100 all the way up to over $10,000,000. In addition to our regular licensing requirements, I hope you'll take a moment to look at the customer testimonials on www.escrow.com

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Someone wants to sell me a vehicle but I must pay £7,000 through yourselves before I view, or receive the vehicle. Is this correct and how do I know my money is safe ? After 4 days I can either accept the vehicle, or return it for a refund. How safe is that please ?

By William S.

Hello Ray, Wile Escrow.com does have many customers located in China, it is not owned or backed by a Chinese company. Escrow.com is owned by an Australian company, Freelancer.com. The acquisition has been announced to the public. Thank you,

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hello Onu, You may direct the Seller to the Escrow.com website to learn more about our service, or you can provide them with our phone number, 949-635-3800. Once the Seller has agreed to us our service to complete the sale, both parties must register a free account on our website. One party will create the transaction and must enter the other party's email address. After both parties have agreed, the buyer will be given payment options to send the funds. Escrow.com will then hold the funds until both buyer and seller confirm the transaction is complete. Please contact us at support@escrow.com if you have any other questions. Thank you, Keith Gettle Customer Service Manager.

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hello, We are not familiar with the company, however, Escrow.com would be able to accept transactions for that type of a service. You will want to make sure that you are registering your own account with Escrow.com and that you never take payment instructions from emails that are sent you unless it was at your request through our support center. Please feel free to contact us at anytime by email at support@escrow.com or by phone at 949-635-3800 or 888-511-8600. Thank you,

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hi Henno! Thanks for reaching out. Escrow.com's secure Escrow process ensures fraud protection for both Buyers and Sellers all over the globe. Every step in your transaction is verified with proven tracking and verification procedures. Not only that, we are a licensed and government regulated escrow service. This means we are audited regularly by multiple government bodies. So, you can be sure our protection process prevents Buyer and Seller fraud with each and every transaction. If you need more information, please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly Customer Support team: USA and Canada (Toll Free): 888-511-8600, Australia (Toll Free): 1300ESCROW (1300 372 769), Other Countries: +1-415-801-2270

By Cristine J., Escrow.com Representative

Hi Michael, The process of setting up your transaction on Escrow.com starts by entering the details of the sale (the details of the watch, price and currency), which will walk you through the steps of the escrow transaction and calculate your fee for you. If you'd like to see more info before you start a transaction, I would start with this page https://www.escrow.com/what-is-escrow , or give our support team a call. Cheers, Jackson

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hi Bill, Escrow.com does one thing, and does it very well. That being said most people who have a transaction go smoothly don't have a reason to go and write a review, so as a result you tend to see just the polar opposites of opinions on sites like SiteJabber. If you would like to find out about how our service works for your particular transaction, give us a call and we'll be happy to walk through it with you. Cheers, Jackson

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative

Hi Tarja, Extremely easy, Escrow.com offers disbursements via ACH and Wire Transfer. If you have further questions about the process, please feel free to reach out to our Live Customer Support Team and we will be happy to assist you. Escrow.com Customer Support support@escrow.com Toll Free 888.511.8600, U.S. and Canada International 1.415.801.2270

Hi Sam, our head office is in San Francisco, California

By Jackson E., Escrow.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Escrow.com staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Escrow.com