Review of ElderHelpers

Ann Arbor, MI 48106, US
Tel: +1-734-330-2734
help@elderhelpers.org
Youtube video thumbnail
Join Our NATIONWIDE Community Of Elders Now!

10 reviews with 4 stars

susana375
11/26/18

I was blessed to have an elderhelper who became involved with both my parents. She became a friend to them and visited them in their home regularly. She helped them when I had to be out of town. I have since moved my parents to separate care facilities and our elderhelper continues to visit them to play cards or provide companionship, Thank you for providing a service that has been such a help.

patriciam566
11/26/18

My experience has not been anything. As of yet I have not had anything to help with. I think it would be great to have an opportunity to help someone.

jessicak57
5/22/16

It was great to view the many volunteers on the ElderHelpers website, which included young people who want to provide help with the older generation. The volunteers I selected have now become part of my family.
I have shared with many in my parish about Elder Helpers. Most have never heard of this great organization. Frequent announcements in newsletters or flyers at the various Senior Centers would be a good way to publicize about this organization.

sahilab
4/18/16

Hello everyone!
I'm excited about joining Elder Helpers, and ready to start helping elders and their families. Can't wait to meet the elders

camillah8
4/5/16

Excited

pearll6
11/14/15

Wanted to say thank you n a shout out to Kris Default for donating a turkey to an elderly senior from ElderCare.. Thanks Kris .. happy holidays

samantham42
10/5/15

Easy to use, great cause

leahd4
6/27/14

I had questions regarding what type of work could be done and the process. ** was very helpful and answered my questions in a timely manner. I appreciate their direction and help very much.

**[personal info redacted by admin]

amys50
4/4/14

what a great service, I was indeed able to find volunteers to help my parents on this site after a few phone calls. Volunteers get rewards and this is costing me almost nothing. I wish that there was more phone support but I understand that would probably raise the subscription cost to the user.

laurar31
2/26/14

I'm a registered volunteer with Elder Helpers. I was matched with an elder not long after signing up, and we've been together for a year and a half. I only gave the website four stars because when I realized there was a fee to sign up, I chose not to. Somehow I was still entered into the system. So the site was confusing. I also wish the geographical breakdown was a bit more granular. I'm in New York City which is comprised of five large boroughs. I receive calls from folks quite a distance from me looking for a volunteer yet have to turn them down, which breaks my heart. The people at Elder Helpers have always impressed me with their timely responses and their dedication to their mission. It sounds crazy, but there are actually real people at the other end of this organization. AND, they support you throughout the process. I am enrolled in other volunteer organizations to work with the elderly in New York. Elder Helpers is the only one that actually cares about both the elder AND the volunteer, at least here in New York City.

We do background checks via IntelliCorp which is a Verisk company. They are extremely serious, thorough and reputable. We also encourage you to spend time with the volunteers on the phone so that you can get to know each other and also to meet for the first time in a public place like a coffee shop. Because of this precautions, we have not one incident reported in years of service to the elderly community.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Joy, Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. Hello Ryan, we ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. We ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Jim, our email work fine, please check with your provider.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Lisa, great example of why it is better to work with a volunteer rather than a taxi or ride sharing service! This would be something you would need to work out with the helper and can certainly be arranged because the idea is to really care for seniors not just dropping them off. We strongly recommend testing the reliability of the elder helper ahead of time because doctor appointments are important.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Leelee S. Our service is designed for individuals only. This is the only way that we can offer SAFETY and CONVENIENCE. You can simply print a few flyers that you can download on our website and hand it to them. You can also watch our presentation video and explain if you want. Just make sure to not sign up for somebody else and even less for a group of people. That could get you in troubles and the users also. Thank you for your interest.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Jan, We are a legitimate organization, we sent you information to your account to complete the intake process, In case you're not able to find an available volunteers in your area we can issue a full refund of your last payment, you can also cancel the monthly contribution at any time by sending us an email at help@elderhelpers.org Let me know if you need further information.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Lia, No, It's not mandatory to donate to be a volunteer in our organization. You can send us an email at help@elderhelpers.org for further information.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Fatima, Thank you for reaching out, could please provide us the email address that was used to register?

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi, At the moment it's our only payment method, we're working on better ways to improve this. You can try contacting 211 United Way for a referral to a local program in case ours doesn't work for you.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ElderHelpers staff and other customers.

7 Photos for ElderHelpers