Edgenuity

Edgenuity has a consumer rating of 3.32 stars from 263 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Edgenuity most frequently mention customer service, high school and timely manner. Edgenuity ranks 5th among Kids Educational Resources sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 23 hours

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 44.5%

No positive highlights yet

• Why our school district picked the worst rated school learning app/website is beyond me.
  • If you need any type of assistance from Edgenuity, forget asking via their customer service route.
How would you rate Edgenuity?

“Edgenuity”

Anika S.
10/25/20

The team was very helpful and were fast in responding! They walked me through the steps of fixing the issue and were very persistent in making sure everything was working again. Edgenuity froze in my Science class so I couldn't continue working on it. It is working now and I haven't had issues since! Overall, Edgenuity is a great website for online school and I really like how it's formatted!

“Worst learning platform in the history of learning platforms”

John R.
8/24/20

I am a teacher who has used this program in class. I have had complaints about all the glitches that have happened. I've heard things from losing progress when using a different device, all the way to it auto submitting quizzes if you close the computer with an unfinished quiz. I feel like this doesn't even help any students. My students have said they haven't learned anything on this platform, and that it's the most boring website ever.

school district (0) customer service (0)
anikas11
October 25th, 2020

dianek649
December 17th, 2020

Coby helped me see how to find these files and a few search tricks as well! I love the call back feature so that you do not stay waiting on hold. Customer service with Edgenuity has been excellent! Our school has used Edgenuity as our learning management system for 4 years now. I add very little additional lessons and activities since most of the material provides a variety of assessments, methods of checking for understanding and revisions. However, a teacher MUST review all content that is scored by A. I. of course.

merlinem
April 14th, 2021

I have been using Edgenuity for quite sometime and I LOVE it! The support team is excellent and respond PROMPTLY (even after hours) if you have a problem. Furthermore, Edgenuity gives an EXCELLENT overview of the benchmarks, and allows my students to work at their own pace. It has helped me as a teacher because it reinforces and solidifies what I have taught the students. Additionally, even though as a general rule I assign them to all my students, I can assign them individually to students who need additional help on a specific benchmark. Since I began using Edgenuity a few years ago (Huge shout out to my District support person, Mr. Neil Williamson), both the percentage of students in my class who pass the Biology EOC as well as their individual test scores have increased significantly. Also, my students love them because they are usually worth a lot of grades.:-) I"m very thankful that my school district continues to pay for Edgenuity and I HIGHLY recommend it.

nishitd
March 29th, 2021

Support team lady was so kind, helpful, professional, knowledgeable, expert and positive in her response to the issue that we had. She provided all best possible options to help us. There were some technical challenges as it was the weekend when we called for help. She was very attentive to listen our issues. I will give 101 out of 100 to her for the extended support.

makavinw
February 11th, 2021

For one Edgenuity is encerting old information within our head and second of all is see no use in tell us things I already know and that is what Edgenuity is doing and last but not least I do not see an useful or education purpose to this app but as i can see it is helping the teachers out a lot so that me it may put some strain on our parent and I can support that because as many children see the parent wake up and go to work and so that is why i'm rating the app 3 star cause I feel like that is a very fair overall rating. :))

johnr2592
August 24th, 2020

* Edgenuity attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

ronm530
December 17th, 2020

The Edgenuity team makes our work a partnership. Working with over 10,000 secondary students taking one or more classes has been an adventure for our teachers and students. After all this is a new pedagogy and something quite frankly none of teachers or students chose, rather result of necessity. The Edgenuity team has been spot on in their support of this work. Thanks for being partner!

heatherb814
November 13th, 2020

No books, No real lesson, quizzes that don't always align with the material. Tons of busy work, but nothing substantial. My A+ Math student is now failing because the lesson is lacking any real instruction and no help from the school. My kids have learned more from those workbooks you buy in the store than they are with this program. This program sets our kids up to fail. I think the school district picked the cheapest program they could.

marjoriel63
May 6th, 2021

Your support staff are amazing! They have been so helpful to me. I show up many Wednesdays to get their assistance. Sometimes we struggle and try ideas that don't work out. But often we have great success! I now have 2 PurposePrep classes, thanks to their help. I love the content and my students love working through the modules. I must admit that the program itself is daunting. I'd love more training so I could be more independent with the product.

bettyj562
May 5th, 2021

The Product Support Specialist, Greg, quickly understood what we needed and what needed to be adjusted. Not only was it corrected on a speedy basis, he also emailed directions/ information to us in case it happened again. Thank you!
Betty, Tower Road Christian Academy, Albuquerque, NM

Products used:
Enableling Grade Review on Ignitia

rosiek19
February 18th, 2021

This is a really great homeschool option! I do like that you won't get marked if you turn in an assignment late. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 star review is because I feel like some of it can be overwhelming at times. If I get sick I have to choose between getting behind and having to make it up with a lot of extra work, or work anyway even though I'm sick.

shellis21
February 21st, 2021

Edgenuity Support is committed to serving Educators and Students. The online automated service, Live Chat, Email Assistance, and Live Tech Support all worked diligently to resolve an issue on my Dashboard in a timely manner and with friendly service. They were caring and willing to go above and beyond to find a solution so that I could continue giving my students my best.

debbieo91
December 21st, 2020

We had problems the first week. My daughter's progress was reset to the beginning of the week. Guy said he would escalate it to the next level. Nothing ever happened. No one ever returned the email or call. This has happened numerous times. They don't do anything about it even though this sets kids so far back they cant catch up. Answers are marked as wrong even though they are right.

leiak3
February 10th, 2021

It is an awesome school site, it's so easy to do your schoolwork. I'm a student at Edgenuity, for online

karenm2702
March 4th, 2021

I'm floored by the negative comments (mostly made by parents) on this site. I've taught credit recovery for 28 years and used Edgenuity at the high school for all of our credit recovery classes. We had nothing but positive reviews from parents and students and we were very successful with students making up courses that they had failed in the regular classroom.

virginiaz202
March 14th, 2021

Esteban provided excellent assistance in guiding me through the steps for "Turn on Free Movement" with my ELA courses. After my initial call, Esteban remained available for my subsequent email questions, and responded in a timely, professional manner. His help was invaluable.

akiral
March 25th, 2021

Edgenuity is an excellent program that provides well-planned and rigorous content for students. I am highly appreciative of the outstanding support team that always ensures that everything we need is just an email/chat/call away. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because there are a few technological items that can be upgraded to enhance administrative user friendliness. However, what I also appreciate about Edgenuity is that they are responsive to feedback. So, I anticipate that sooner than later, they'll make some of the recommended updates to create a greater ease of use.

kh297
September 30th, 2020

First week of virtual learning for my 4.0+ advanced 10th grader. The teacher even stated she didn't fully understand it. Nothing about this makes any logical sense, and it is glitchy. (Rest of the internet in the house is working fine) I have a VERY upset honors student trying her hardest to figure out 1. How to use this program, and 2. Ultimately teach herself Algebra II. Extremely disappointed and feeling helpless as a parent.

nathanm332
December 13th, 2020

I have used Edgenuity exclusively to help high school students recover credit and accelerate to gain credits in courses that they need in order to graduate. The courses are challenging, rigorous, and robust. The students who are driven and self-motivated move through the courses with ease. Whenever I need support, which is rare, I receive a return call within an hour. My issue is always resolved quickly. I have nothing but good things to say about Edgenuity, their product, and their service.

thomasr1078
March 26th, 2021

My issue, which was resolved fairly quickly, is that the names of 23 students showed up on my dashboard with the notification I needed to review their work before they could proceed. They are not my students, so I had no idea why this notification was there. Took some back and forth emails to say that I should ignore the notifications but there was nothing they, or I, could do to get rid of the notification. Not really a solution. Kind of like driving with the check engine light on. Tough to ignore. Other issue I'm having, and I still have not heard back or had it resolved, is that I cannot get into my Course Structures. Keep getting some kind of 503 or something Failure Notification. Have sent in 2 tickets on that one. Overall just a very difficult platform to work in from a teacher's point of view.

lewisg320
November 25th, 2020

As a veteran teacher, I have been most impressed with the lessons on Edgenuity. The content is solid. The lesson process is a scaffolding process which is exactly what should be taking place in the traditional classroom. The quizzes and test are thorough. They do require more than rote memory. They require that you have paid attention to each lesson and can apply the information presented to you. THIS is where traditional classrooms are deficient. Many times the teacher makes the class wait on students who were absent or have special needs. Edgenuity does not make you wait. You are only accountable to yourself.

annc638
February 13th, 2021
• Updated review

Although it took weeks to get a response at the beginning of the fall 2020 semester, customer service did improve although you have to leave your number and wait for a call back. But the teaching aspect is not as good as it could be. Our daughter had a wonderful English teacher who was actually the best resource on figuring out how Edgenuity works (since customer service wasn't responding and our school had no clue) but all of a sudden with no explanation my daughter had a new teacher. I finally found out that they pulled the great teacher (Mr. Jones - real name) because he didn't live in the same state as we do. They need to clone him. We're still trying to get the final grade for one of her classes; I do not think the teacher bothered to review the 6 pending submissions and just gave the grade without those assignments added but I cannot get a response from her and Edgenuity directs you to contact the teacher.

Absolutely No Customer Service
November 27th, 2020
• Previous review

If you need any type of assistance from Edgenuity, forget asking via their customer service route. They do not respond. If you're lucky, one of your child's 6 teachers may respond to your email and help you. That's what thankfully helped us out. For something as critically important as your child's high school education (and grades for college applications) you would rightfully expect the platform provider to respond within a timely manner to a request for assistance. My student who had an A- avergage in the brick and mortar school is currently getting Cs, Ds and Fs due to the demanding time frame (she's at 25%-35% completion and "actual" should be 50%) but for the curriculum she has covered she says she feels she is learning more than what the teachers at school taught. It's a shame her GPA will not reflect it. (This is an issue for the local school board.)

ernestb119
November 10th, 2020

The support received was thorough and professional in resolving our issue. The representative provided clear steps to follow. Many thanks.

annetteh205
April 1st, 2021

I ran into some problems with adding some units and deleting others, which affected my student's completion and overall averages. Maddy was able to explain what was happening and how I could achieve my goal of true student success. I couldn't quite get what I needed from the chat. Maddy returned my call in a timely manner and I was satisfied. It felt great to get that stress off of me.

kellym1049
January 9th, 2021

I'm a teacher and one of my students was locked out. It took days for them to respond and their response was asking for additional info (despite the fact that I included screenshots). My poor student had to wait almost a week to move forward. A fellow teacher was able to override... Edgenuity never solved the problem. Shame on you! (I tried to give zero stars but was forced to give them one)

Ingenuity is marketed for teachers it is not for students they do not understand that we cannot all be on the same Pace I understand your stress and I have cried as well over this course I hope we can both recover our grades

By mosaic p.
See more answers (8)

Its not supposed to be fun! Its supposed to be a gear grinding terrible program that just wants money

By shawn b.
See more answers (3)

I agree with you. I am a student using Edgenuity- meanwhile missing my first year of highschool. Just don't get mad at your kids like my parents get upset with me because I am suicidal from this website.

By Edgenuity N.
See more answers (4)

We have elementary content offered through our Pathblazer product. You can find more information about it here: https://www.edgenuity.com/products-and-services/intervention/#pathblazer. We offer Pathblazer as a blended or supplemental learning solution. Pathblazer includes a Math and ELA intervention program for Tier 1 and 2 RTI support with supplemental curriculum for science and social studies that teachers can use for skills recovery and targeted instruction.

By Leslie S.,