Edgenuity

Edgenuity has a consumer rating of 1.6 stars from 10 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Edgenuity also ranks 410th among Education Other sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 9 days

How would you rate Edgenuity?

“Edgenuity meets all needs special ed to gifted”

Denise M.
5/12/17

I read the reviews and assume two things: 1 students were provided MyPath a supplemental program that remediates or accelerates the learner based on their math or English skills. Otherwise the content is marked as 6-12. 2. It appears schools do not have the courses set up correctly. The schools that are having difficulty should call and ask for some assistance. What I can tell you as a district that has used this for 10 years is that it compares to no other for core content and supplemental support. When a district takes the time to organize to match the criteria that they have it will prove to mirror content, not delivery of the material. This platform is so customizable that you can have a blended school that is effective quickly. The supplements of UpSmart and MyPath are unbelieveable. I review online platforms as part of my job and by all means this is hands down the best platform possible for a district to use as its primary resource for the district. The comment that the girl was getting all As and Bs at another cyber and then moved to this and is struggling doesn't surprise me. The rigor and expectation that students learn and can't skim the classes is what makes Edgenuity above all of the others.

“Worst learning platform in the history of learning platforms”

John R.
8/24/20

I am a teacher who has used this program in class. I have had complaints about all the glitches that have happened. I've heard things from losing progress when using a different device, all the way to it auto submitting quizzes if you close the computer with an unfinished quiz. I feel like this doesn't even help any students. My students have said they haven't learned anything on this platform, and that it's the most boring website ever.

johnr2592
August 24th, 2020

Edgenuity attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

debbiem882
September 9th, 2020
My family was unfortunately forced to start school with this platform at the Queen Creek Arizona Unified School District. It was the worst experience and had our child in tears both days. It's not user friendly. No thought was put into instruction. Parents were not sent supplies you need available to complete projects. It's a same this is what we think children deserve in our society. We switched after two days back to teacher led online school at the elementary and it's amazing. It almost seems like the school district picked the worst platform they could find to force parents to quit! Sad!

patriciam1138
December 14th, 2019
The school that set my son up on this had no idea. What she was doing. He's trying to do classes he hasn't yet learned and the classes are 2 grades above his. There are no textbook to refer to and lessons are not explained well. I contacted his teacher where he was attending but she was no help and said they didn't have any teachers to help. This should be taken down as it's not a teaching site for things not yet learned elsewhere. I'm out a lot of money purchasing many books which help with nothing.
tauqirf
January 20th, 2020
It is good but needs to remove bugs in software. At my sons page same activity is repeated again and again as is show in attached file that 171-180 Vocab is repeated and 181-190 Litrerary Text. Is repeated.
marys1301
October 4th, 2019
Edgenuity bought the old Calvert Education, but failed to tell existing customers. Then, they changed students to their extremely different and tedious platform. Many parents left the program resulting in loss of money that was never refunded by this company. They do not deal with their company acquisitions in a responsible manner. Their product is run-of-the-mill credit recovery.
phyllisl74
November 7th, 2019
The students can cheat by googling the questions and finding them. They test out or they zoom through just so they can get credit recovery for classes they failed. They learn nothing. They cheat themselves and get credit for courses other students had to work at.
katrinas55
July 26th, 2018
I home schooled my 3 kids for years and over the years we have used several different computer/online programs. This one is the worst school I have seen yet!
The links are broken and don't work with Microsoft computers or EDGE. Because of that my kids were unable to work on the ridiculous amount of writing assignments and we had to switch to Internet Explore and have unfiltered internet on their computers at school and at home. Not being able to protect our family is really something the school needs to fix. Oh and calling the service line was another huge waste of time. They fixed nothing even though they said the problem was their top priority. 6 months of this and they never fixed it!

The waste of time having to sit and watch hundreds of boring, low volume, repeating videos. I have never seen my kids sit so long at their computers wasting their time! I also found out the videos are outdated, by 10 years! English has changed in 10 years and the amount of propaganda seeing coming through the videos is outrageous. Teach English not moral philosophy please! I am beyond frustrated with this whole process, watching my teens have to stay up until 3 am at times, And believe me they were all crying at some point in this program. They spent more time on this school then all 5 of their in school classes! It is a waste of taxpayer money, time and resources. A filler at best to fill a need, but a complete waste!

Tip for consumers: If in Washington Go to Columbia Virtual Academy, or K12 WAVA,

myriahw
September 27th, 2016
My daughter attends a charter school where they use this platform for 90% of their day. She has always been an A and B student and now she is failing everything and falling more and more behind every day. Any teacher knows that there needs to be a certain number of "touch points" before you can learn something new. The lessons do not come anywhere near providing enough touch points. And when she fails a quiz, the whole lesson locks up so you can't go back and see what you missed. I don't know what "kind" of learner one would have to be to be able to successfully learn anything on Edgenuity.
charissad2
August 3rd, 2018
I have never seen more cheating and less knowledge being gained in a subject than I have with Edgenuity. The school I teach in uses this program. It is their version of an online "school". Students will copy and paste questions online to find the answers. If they Google Edgenuity answers, they will also find the answers to test and quiz questions. The program does not have multiple tests or quizzes. It has used the same ones for all students for over a half a decade. Finding answers to tests is easy. It is especially easy to find multiple choice answers. To make matters worse, the online grading will automatically give students100% for answers that are completely wrong in essays or fill in the blanks. As long as something is typed (jdhdudjdhdjskdhej as an example), or uses one word that relates to the topic (like copying and
Pasting the exact question being asked) the Edgenuity system will mark 100% on the assignment. Students that are in the online program because they have failed the course previously in a classroom. They now come out with a credit (recovered) with B's and A's but literally know nothing about the topic. These students then get the credit (not the knowledge) needed to obtain the diploma or to advance to the next grade. Edgenuity, programs like it, and the school districts that use then are lowering the value of a high school diploma and sending kids out into the world with the wrong set of values.
So why do districts use this program? It's called federal and state funding. Getting more students to graduate means more money for the district. It's almost a forced position due to regulations that tie funds to academic tests that don't take into account student difficulties, such as drug use, absent parents or illnesses which are all too prevelant in today's world. Students are not immune to the affects of poverty and the heroin/opoid epidemic.
Students should be angered at the way their education is being cheated. I know I am.
denisem128
May 12th, 2017

It is stressful because they don't see the students as people, just numbers and paychecks. They dont care, they just want money.

By Rowdy H.
See more answers (3)

We have elementary content offered through our Pathblazer product. You can find more information about it here: https://www.edgenuity.com/products-and-services/intervention/#pathblazer. We offer Pathblazer as a blended or supplemental learning solution. Pathblazer includes a Math and ELA intervention program for Tier 1 and 2 RTI support with supplemental curriculum for science and social studies that teachers can use for skills recovery and targeted instruction.

By Leslie S.,