Sitejabber Website Reviews and Complaints

ResellerRatings
4.8 / 5
Reviews.io
4.9 / 5

Remote Learning School has a consumer rating of 4.74 stars from 91 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Remote Learning School most frequently mention email address, last year and many classes. Remote Learning School ranks 5th among Kids Educational Resources sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 7 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 94.1%
Special offer from Remote Learning School
Use code RLS10 at checkout for 10% off Membership.
Claim Deal Gain trust and grow your business with customer reviews
How would you rate Remote Learning School?
Business's Favorite Review

“"Mommy, can I do more RemoteLearningSchool?" never have seen my kids so excited about learning!”

Violet S.
10/1/21

"Mommy, can I do more RemoteLearningSchool?", both my son and daughter keep nagging me. I have the reflex of getting annoyed by the nagging, but then I realize - they are not asking to play video games, or watch TikTok, or stuff like that - they are actually WANT to do something educational! Ever since we started with RLS they've been very excited about learning. They just log in on their own after school or whenever they want, and take the classes there. The classes in RLS has helped them stay ahead of the curve in all subjects offered at school, and whats more is that they have so many more special interest classes to choose from such as journalism, meteorology, entrepreneurship, etc. Also they have many other activities that interest my kid. My son is 8 years oid and goes to 3rd grade, while my daughter is 12 years old and is at 7th grade. My son has always wanted to learn to play the guitar, and he is taking the guitar classes from RLS. He is also learning to play chess online and he wants to join some competitions. My daughter has wanted to learn to play the Piano since like last year, but because of COVID we didnt want to get her to lessons. RLS recently introduced Piano classes so now she can take them. She started taking them a few weeks ago and can already play some simple songs! The classes take a step by step approach and soon she will be advancing from beginner to intermediate. They also like to participate in the various activities RLS offers. My son wrote some articles for their magazine and it was published and he got a junior reporter card which is cool. He was also 4th place in the virtual science fair, and my daughter was second place in the online talent show last year. In terms of pricing it is very affordable, you can choose between a monthly, 3-mo or 6-mo subscription, you can also purchase a lifetime membership. The monthly memberships star for as low as like $20 a month. And I appreciate that only one membership is needed for all the family otherwise this would've gotten expensive. Some programs had me pay for each child. And even though it's still just one membership, the kids still get each their own account. There's also a lot more included such as student ID card, school email account, juniorfolio, and much more. My children like the email account they've used to send emails to their grandparents who were very happy. The email comes with parental controls so I can monitor. Overall RLS is a great online school with the goal to help kids succeed in life, and I think all parents should enroll in this whether you homeschool your kids, or whether you use it as supplement to their regular school - anything less is just not enough when it comes to our children's future!

See full review

“Excellent addition to my son's education”

Anthony D.
3/30/21

This program has everything my son needs to succeed in his education. Public school should never be enough for parents who care about their kids future. Many classes available so he never gets bored and always has more challenges. They also added a ballet and cooking class recently, all online. I also like that he gets his own free email address to use for both schoolwork and personal communication. Comes with parental controls. Also useful is the student ID which I've used to purchase him software at a discount"

anthonyd1203
March 30th, 2021

Kids educational program

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Glad to hear your son never gets bored with our classes. Boredom is the enemy of learning!

fernandom225
September 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

The school seems pretty awesome. I love the curriculum. The large number of classes available can feel overwhelming at times but it's good to have the large selection. I love the platform they use. It's user-friendly once you get over the learning curves. There's home work, projects, and contests for the kids to keep them engaged. My children's education is important and I'm glad they joined this program.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Thank you for the review. We foster an online environment that is conductive to learning to keep the students engaged and motivated to learn.

peterc1335
August 30th, 2021
Verified purchase

My sons love this program. One just turned 7 and is in second grade, the other is in 3rd grade. I like it that the program is self-paced and adapts to your schedule. They are also excited to have their own school email address which I let them use with the parental controls enabled. It is the first time they are using email and have already emailed their grandparents to tell them how much they loves them. Only suggestion is to make the parent portal a bit more parent friendly, however I understand they are focused on the child's learning and it is great.

Tip for consumers:
Take advantage of the school email address

Remote learning

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Happy to hear your son loves our program and is also learning how to use email.

I'll pass on your feedback regarding the parent portal.

peggyb385
April 9th, 2021

Signup was simple you can enroll monthly, quarterly, or get a lifetime membership and all memberships include the whole family which was useful for me since wouldve been expensive if I had to pay separate fee for each child.
All the students also get student IDs and a free school email address. Those can also be used to get student discounts on educational software and a lot more.
There are many classes across many topics and they are always adding more.
Overall it's a very good online program am glad I enrolled my family in it, all kids are learning a lot.

Child learning classes

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Glad to hear you are happy with our program, I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the staff!

oliverp74
November 12th, 2020
Verified purchase

A virtual elementary school - all classes are online and can be taken at any time, which I found convenient. Also includes in the membership was a student ID as well as a school email address for all the kids enrolled.
What I liked best is that they don't make you pay for each kid, you buy a family membership which saved me a lot of money since I have 3 kids in my family and other online schools wanted to charge for each one.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Hey, I grew up with 2 siblings so I know, and appreciate, how expensive it was for our parents to raise 3 kids. Am glad that our program can save money by including all kids in your membership!

shawnb525
September 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

We used RLS while we moved across country, until we could get my 4th grade daughter into a local school. We are very impressed! The classes are fun and explain things well, and the subject matter was on point. When we finally enrolled my child in local school, she nailed her math placement exam, and slid into science and social studies right where she had left off with RLS. Thank you for making this transition in states and schools so much better. Even while in public school, we plan to keep using RLS for additional classes and so that she never falls behind.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Thank you for the review. I hope your move went well, and glad to hear RLS allowed for your child's education to continue without interruption during the move.

waltr16
April 6th, 2021

Solid online program for children. I have 2 siblings enrolled in this course. The older one, in middle school, takes this program as supplemental to his school, while the other one takes the course as a full curriculum for first grade.
They offer many classes including those not offered by other similar programs, such as virtual fitness classes, dancing, and musical instruments. My older son is taking the electric guitar class.
There's also many other cool features the program offers but my phone is almost out of battery so will end the review here thanks for reading.

Classes are pre recorded

Virtual school

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Glad to hear your older son is enjoying our electric guitar class. We have our annual virtual talent show coming up soon, maybe he can put up a performance for that!

kaylah271
September 19th, 2021
Verified purchase

I was very impressed with the number of lessons and other features this school offers for the price. There's hundreds of classes for the children to choose from. It may seem a bit overwhelming at first, but there's no pressure since the students can take the classes at their own pace. And it is the variety of topics that ensures every child will find something they love - one kid may want to try the trumpet lessons, another may focus on the science classes, others on entrepreneurship and journalism.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Happy to hear your kid is interested in our journalism classes. As a matter of fact, the Newspaper Association of America did a study which proved high school journalism students perform better on standardized tests, make higher GPAs and earn higher grades their first semester of college than their classmates.

soniab193
September 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

I like it that it includes many features such as student ID card, remotelearning school email address, juniorfolio and many more. There are lots of lessons available for each grade level which the child can take according to their schedule and interest. They also learn second languages, coding, martial arts, musical instruments, and more, all is done virtually. Am using this as add-on to my kids' normal school

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Happy to hear you are satisfied with our program and the large amount and variety of classes we offer. RLS serves as an educational booster to many kids in parallel to their regular school education.

annabelb13
October 27th, 2021
Verified purchase

I enrolled both my kids who have their individual strengths and weaknesses and we use program as add-on to local school. The advisor tailored the learning portal for each kid so it matches them perfectly. Because of this they are now ahead of their class mates in their local school and other parents talked to me and I referred them here since all kids deserve a good education

darylf35
September 19th, 2021
Verified purchase

My 11-yr old son actually LOVES STUDYING with this program. I can't express enough what a miracle this is. Originally, we signed up just so he can have access to the electric guitar classes, but he's sneaking into 2nd languages as well as STEM. Like I said... it's a miracle. Plus, he also now has his own school email address.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Glad to hear your son loves studying using our program. The people who are the best at learning are those who love to learn!

emilys787
March 30th, 2021
Verified purchase

Misleading advertising: They advertise themselves as one of the most comprehensive online curriculums out there. In fact, not a single course offered by them could be considered complete. The French course comprises a total of 4 lessons. The Kindergarten Jr Math courses is a whopping 2 lessons. Ballet... 1 lesson. Korean... 1 lesson. Grade 8 Algebra... 1 lesson. There is NOTHING comprehensive about what they offer.
Fake reviews: The reviews scattered across the internet were written by the same handful of people. The vast majority of these "people" have only reviewed this "school". The photographs used by some of these reviewers are stocks photos. Alas, since the entire website, "viral" videos and instructor profiles also include stock photos this is unsurprising.
Lacks transparency: they have no sample lessons or trial period. The opportunity to try a sample, view a lesson or try before you buy is universal amongst educational sites. They refuse to answer questions on how they screen their instructors, if they screen their videos, etc. Additionally, the same "social media manager" runs an unemployment website (unemploymentpua) and a school review website (schoolrating.net). It's dishonest to not disclose these relationships, especially when you run the rating website that gives your school perfect reviews. The only interaction on social media for remotelearning.school is from the unemploymentpua account and a blatantly fake account with a stock photo.

They have now blocked my IP address from accessing their site due to my review. This doesn't look good for the company. If you aren't doing anything wrong, why would you block a user.

julief578
Verified purchase

Before RLS, doing school with my 1st grader was like pulling teeth. NOW he wakes me up "mommy can we do remote learning school now?!". He loves it, and I love how it has given me my time back! I don't have to plan my days, he can take the lessons he wants on his own. I put in vacation dates and the curriculum is organized for the year for me. Worth every penny. A fraction of the cost compared to other curriculums out there and way more fun. It also allows us to work on the road if traveling or family emergencies pop up, we can stay on track. I'm so glad we found RL S and I'm never looking bac

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Thanks for the review, glad to hear that your son loves our program. When kids love to learn, they take the initiative to do it on their own without much prompting from parents! That self-motivation is something that can carry them through their education—and even into adulthood.

eddies281
October 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

We LOVE this school and the curriculum they offer. Son is in 3rd grade and absolutely loves it! He learns so much and so fast. My son struggled with many online platforms that offered curriculum and then RLS came along and everything changed for him. Learning became easy and he is now thriving. I am about to enroll my younger two in the school once they hit kindergarten age as well.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Glad to hear your kid enjoys our platform. Our curriculum introduces strategies, activities, and stories in an approachable way to develop responsible, self-motivated learners.

irisa66
September 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

Exactly what I needed to help me make sure my kids are getting the best overall education, whole staying safe and healthy sitting these crazy times. This program gives me more confidence as a homeschool mom. Thank you for helping my kids!

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Homeschooling is never easy, so am glad to hear our program gives you confidence!

hanso18
September 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

I love that the lessons are available every-day and my kids can take them at their own schedule also they have the best customer service to help with any and all technical issues that may arise. The district schools program didn`t have any help and left me frustrated and stuck, but RemoteLearningSchool actually gives me the peace of mind that they are working with us for our kids education.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Welcome to RLS! Sorry to hear you were frustrated with what was offered by your district school, here at RLS we seek to take some of that pressure off!

judits5
November 27th, 2020

High quality education and friendly customer service. I enrolled my younger child here as a singular education program for homeschooling, since he is only 6 years old and has a weak immune system and am worried about him going to first grade amid COVID19. My older child who still goes to high school I enrolled him to supplement his school program because the Zoom lessons don't teach that well in his school.
In RemoteLearning school you can take classes at your own pace and schedule which I find useful in cases I have doctor's appointment or other errand in the morning.
Customer support is friendly and replies fast to any message on Facebook
Very satisfied (and so are my kids who are also learning a lot and even learning to talk French also included in this school's curriculum!)

Tip for consumers:
You can get monthly or lifetime membership

Education Program

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Happy to hear you are satisfied with our program!

anitas567
September 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

I was unable to register my son to the program because they said classes were full. I completed the registration online and paid the registration fee, then got the email that my son was admitted to the program, but around 10 minutes later I got an another email that classes are full and that to try again enrolling in 2 weeks. My fees were refunded automatically which is why I am giving 2 stars instead of 1 star. But I was really looking forward to having my son be part of the program because I've heard all the great things about it so it was disappointing to be turned away.
This is the email they sent me:
"Dear Parent, thank you for your interest in RemoteLearning.school's education enrichment program for kids ages 5-17. Unfortunately, due to high demand, the program is currently at capacity. We received a record number of enrollments this week, and we want our admissions department to give new members the full attention they deserve as a student, and our staff takes great care to assign each new student their curriculum, JuniorFolio, student ID, and more, as they begin their new learning journey with us.
We have therefore placed your son on the waitlist, and we currently estimate the wait time to be 2 weeks. Meanwhile, we are refunding any fees you paid during the registration process."
Like I said that's a disappointment since my son was eager to get his school email address and write for the school magazine and learn classes such as Korean and guitar, never seen him so excited about learning! But at least they refunded my money fast without me even having to ask. I will try again enrolling in 2 weeks I really hope I get my son in this program.

jacobc234
Jacob C. – Remote Learning School Rep

Hello, this is Jacob, the Program Coordinator at RemoteLearning.school. I'm sorry that your son had to be put on the waiting list. That week, we had one of our commercials go viral, and due to that we had a lot more parents enrolling their children in our program. We wanted our staff to give all parents and students the full attention they deserve in setting up their accounts and orientation; Thus, we were forced to temporarily limit the number of enrollments, resulting in some students being placed on our waiting list.
I see that, since then, your son has been accepted to our program! I've also applied a 25% discount to the first month's membership fee to make up for the inconvenience. Welcome to RemoteLearning.school!

wadeg75
September 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

I'm doing hybrid distance/in-person learning due to high number of cases in my area and lack of mask mandate, but the way my son's public school does it is not so great and my son was having a hard time adjusting. His school district didn't know what else to do for him. My sister has been using RemoteLearningSchool for her children's education, so figured why not lets give it a go. He has been on it since August and is doing very well with it. I'm pleased with this program. It's easy navigation for both of us. The classes do good to keep his attention!

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

I spoke to many parents, a lot of kids had trouble adjusting to their public school's online learning when the Pandemic started. Am glad to hear your son is progressing very well with our program, and I hope he continues to thrive.

melanieh387
October 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

I like this curriculum because it puts my kids ahead of the public school system. They are studying through RLS in addition to their school to always stay ahead in their education, and I no longer have to worry about what happens if their regular school stops inperson studies again for whatever reason, because now we have an RLS membership and can always fall to that full time if necessary.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Thank you for the review, our mission is to provide the students with engaging, diverse, and innovative experiences, so they can stay ahead of the curve while enjoying a safe, reliable, and flexible education in a supportive environment, whether they are supplementing their regular education or whether they are homeschooling.

whitneyr72
Verified purchase

This school was recommended for my daughter by some friends. I needed something that she could study on her own after school especially since I had gotten pregnant with twins and was put on bed rest. This was the best choice I have ever made. She loved it, stayed in tasked and look forward to doing her work. Learning was made fun and exciting. The lessons was broken well. She now reads for enjoyment and remembers her lessons from RLS. I couldn't ask for a better school. It also allows me to get work done without staying in one place

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Thank you for the review. Making learning fun and exciting is a sure way we get our students at RLS to remember information. Fun means engagement, doing and learning what has meaning and purpose, and it means being challenged. When students are engaged and having fun, they turn on their effective information processing and long-term memory storage, and the information is retained.

jolineb5
September 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

I absolutely love this curriculum! We were faced with homeschooling during the pandemic and really frustrated with the virtual schooling provided by the district so we turned to other resources. I was informed about this curriculum through my aunt and I'm so glad I took a chance! Even now that my kids are back in school they are learning so much from this. THANK YOU!

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

I am delighted to hear RLS is still of value even while your kids are back to their regular school. Our program lets them step outside the confines of the classroom and traditional curriculum as they explore passions, discover new interests, and develop skills for the future.

nikitaf12
October 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

I secured an RLS membership for two reasons: First, to enchance the education of my son and two daughters, I feel like what they learn in school is not just sufficient nowadays. Second, so that they never suffer a learning loss like what happened during the pandmic. WIth the membership I can have some peace of mind that they will always have good education accessible to them.

krystald64
August 30th, 2021
Verified purchase

Easy Set up and lessons enjoyable for my children. I have 3 kids ages 14,12, and 9, attending 9th Grade, 7th Grade, and 4th Grade respectively. I very much appreciate that I only need to pay one membership fee for all kids in my household, since with other programs enrolling multiple kids can be costly, but with RemoteLearning the membership covers the entire family.
My little munchkins have been Remote Learning School students since last year during the Pandemic when public schools struggled to take off with proper remote programs. But even now, as they return to in-person school, Remote Learning School is still a must for their education. There's hundreds of lessons they can take there and many of them is stuff that is not offered at school including many second language classes musical instruments, and dance classes (all virtually, of course). My 9 yr old son is excited about learning Korean since he likes K-Pop, while my 12 year old daughter is enjoying the online ballet lessons, and my 14 year old is learning to play electric guitar. They would not have been exposed to this extra education if not for the Remote Learning School.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Happy to hear your kids are excited about learning!

whitneyb209
Verified purchase

We have been using RLS going on 2 years. We started for our daughter's kindergarten year. We love the curriculum. We love how STEM, Arts, Civics, and much more is integrated in the curriculum. The curriculum is easy to follow and complete for both parents and students. Most importantly our daughter loves the curriculum. She loves to learn and it is always pushing her to grow.

Konner N. – Remote Learning School Rep

Thank you for the review! Early STEM education can promote ongoing academic success, and children who learn STEM concepts throughout their education are better prepared to meet increasingly technology-focused professional requirements. And, a program that incorporates the arts into the curriculum has been proven to increase creativity, improve academic performance, increase motor skills, enhance visual learning, and boost higher decision-making skills.

Student Liaison Officer

As an independent private school, RLS is not required to follow the Common Core Standards. RLS goes beyond common core to offer a lot more. Every year, we review the RLS curriculum—every book, every assignment, every process—and modify it as needed. Our curriculum will continue to be uncommonly rigorous, inspiring, and transformative, with or without Common Core. And while our standards are rigorous, they are not rigid. We also retain the leeway to engage all different types of learners at RLS, while our curriculum so thoroughly prepares our students for all forms of standardized testing. The Common Core is focused on helping students achieve certain standards; RLS curriculum is focused on preparing students to achieve even higher standards.

See more answers (3)

RLS current list of second languages offered: Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean, with more languages to be added.

See more answers (2)

Yes, the program is entirely flexible, and the curriculum can be modified to meet the needs of individual students. The extent to which a curriculum is modified depends on the goals of the student's Individual Education Plan. For example, a student can take a class above his grade level for a topic he is particularly strong at, and could also take a class below grade level if they are struggling, and they can be put on-track to on-grade.

By Jacob C., Program Coordinator

When a student deletes an email from his email account, it first goes to the trash folder, so I would check there, especially if it was deleted recently. After some time has passed, through, the email is purged and can no longer be restored, unfortunately. If you have parental monitors set up you can check your linked parent email account to see if there is a copy of the email there. Email our technical support department for more assistance.

By Jacob C., Program Coordinator

RLS offers a diverse curriculum, including a lot of focus on STEM. A strong focus on STEM education is a critical ingredient for building a student's problem-solving skills and making them lifelong learners. RLS prepares students to change, adapt, and problem solve, which will ready them to face a future whose opportunities are not yet clear. STEM education is also vital due to a growing demand for workers with STEM expertise. But not only does RLS focus on STEM, we are also strong on Arts and Humanities, teaching the students empathy, ethics and citizenship.

By Jacob C., Program Coordinator

RLS's Annual Virtual Science Fair will start accepting submissions end of October, with the deadline just before Thanksgiving. Good luck!

By Jacob C., Program Coordinator

Each student email account includes 100 MB of storage.

By Jacob C., Program Coordinator

Its on the student ID card or you can email the enrollment dept to ask

By Jenny L.

Yes students get a school email address My son did and he uses it a lot Comes with parental monitors too

By Jenny L.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Remote Learning School staff and other customers.

RemoteLearning.School's Kids Education Enrichment Program (K. E. E. P) gives kids access to online lessons, JuniorFolio™, student ID, school email account, and more features to help your kids succeed and achieve their maximum potential. Our goal is to enhance and encourage learning and development and maximize the education of every child, while aiding them in achieving their highest personal potential through a remote learning program. Our lessons are best suited for kids ages 5-17. Many parents use our program to supplement their kid's regular school routine, while others use it as part of a homeschooling curriculum.

Business Highlights

• Afterschool: Supplement Public Education
  • Homeschool: Full Homeschool Curriculum
  • Student ID; School Email; JuniorFolio™

Business History

COVID-19 has brought to light the importance of having an adaptable online platform to support the children's education, particularly in times when disruptions occur to our regular schedule and routine.

The Pandemic initially forced many schools to switch to online learning. Schools were unprepared for the sudden shift of instructional methodology, resulting in inefficient teaching methods, with kids being bored and not learning much after sitting in front of their laptop for several hours. These limitations impeded student learning while also negatively affecting the development of the child as a whole.

Furthermore, it was next to impossible giving a kid the individual attention they deserve in that busy online classroom, letting some fall behind and others not utilize their full potential.

RemoteLearning.school rose to the challenge, giving kids a virtual school environment at all times, allowing them to actually learn and advance, and take advantage of their maximum potential.

As schools resume in-person studies, RLS continues to enhance youth education in parallel, ensuring that school-aged kids will never again have their education disrupted.

jacobc234
Jacob C.
Program Coordinator
Typically responds within 7 days
Hello, my name is Jacob, and I'm the Program Coordinator here at RemoteLearning.school. I'd like to see every child succeed in their studies and achieve their maximum potential, all while enjoying their educational journey at RemoteLearning.school.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Remote Learning School?

Have a question about Remote Learning School?