Review of eBid

Miami, FL 33179-3899, United Kingdom

40 reviews with 5 stars

donecep
3/13/11
I have been selling and buying on eBid.net now for almost a year. I have found it to be extremely easy to use. The support from the administration and fellow eBidders is second to none. I wish my experiences with all the other sites I have sold on would have been this good.
mauricec
3/13/11
I sell and buy in both Ebid and Ebay.
Ebid in a permanent basis.
Ebay in occasional basis, (when there are Free Listing days) given their fees.
As i use Paypal the problems that sometimes arise have been always sorted.
My sales in Ebid are OK, considering my pricing policy.
I have contacted Ebid owners without any problem and they've been efficient.
factuals
3/12/11
Absolutely the best support staff of any online auction site. You normally get a personal response within a short time to any inquiry, not just a form letter. A huge variety of items listed by reputable sellers at fair prices. Extremely low fees for sellers, which often translates into lower prices for buyers. Quite easy site to navigate, and chat forums afe filled with knowledgable, helpful and friendly people. Gotta love this place!
scotchebidderc
3/12/11
started selling on ebid just under 3 years ago have just over 300 FB gained on sales my buyers tell me they find me via google products the site is easy to use the odd time i have needed assistance from support, there answering my questions within a couple of hours with a reply thats directly personal to my question, the site is very strong on security for its buyers and sellers scammers are not tolerated, looking forward to the spring season, onwards and upwards eBid
johnn37
3/12/11
eBid is an up and coming site. Good service. Good products. Friendly people on the forums.
jima3
3/12/11
Ebid is an awesome Alternative to ebay. I am just able to sell products on there as I am on the bay. I also had no problems with sellers there and have always received items just as described.

I see a lot of smaller sellers on ebid and hopefully soon much larger sellers will make the move like I did .

If you are a seller you will love the low low low fees. If you are a buyer you will love love love the low prices because of lower fees. Its a win win !
julietteg1
3/12/11
I have been with ebid for over a year now.
I think it is the best of all the alternate sites to ebay.
It works the same way in that it has browsing lists.
Your items rise to the top and do get seen.
There are several ways of joining.
The best is a one off lifetime fee and then you can have gallery pics with a final value fee of only 2%.
Your listings can have 5 pictures and a video.
You can list auction style or Buy Now.
You can have upto 5 free shops.
They have rules that are enforced.
You can contact support easily if you want to and there is a very active helpful forum.
Sure ebid does not have as many members as ebay, but it is growing.
If you want a friendly safe place to sell, then I recommend ebid
sharynw2
3/12/11
I have been selling on eBid.net since November 2010. The site is easy to use, the forum posters are polite and helpful and if you submit a question or problem to customer service you prompt assistance. eBid is a relatively new site and the bugs are being taken care of, the owners do all that the can to be sure that the scamers are booted off the site as well as scam buyers who expect to get their item for nothing by filling a Item Not as Described claim, or by threats of negative feedback in order to get their item for free or at a substantial discount. We can still leave honest feedback for sellers and buyers.
craigw3
3/4/11
I joined eBid in 2008 after eBay's high FVFs, I joined as a seller then decided to go for seller+ options for a few months, I noticed I wasn't getting sales and finally decided to upgrade to seller+lifetime and ended up paying just 4p because of previous subscriptions being deducted from the final total. Within 2years on eBid I have gained feedback of 226 positives, on eBay in 2yrs I only managed to gain 47, now I only use eBid and have over 200 active listings. I have found the forums friendly and support is very helpful it makes a change to get a response from a human and not a robot
martinc3
3/2/11
I sell online and have done for some time and I have found ebid.net a refreshing change from ebay, where when I left I was at the point of quitting selling online altogether. Ebay and what it was creating as some form of wild west selling venue where I felt under attack from everyone, buyers sellers and the venue itself. So finding ebid was such a relief.

First I looked at the site, which reminded me a lot like ebay back in the days when ebay was a venue, rather than a dictatorship. The ebid fee structure was great and it really is possible to sell for free. Listing was easy enough even before they created Ninjalister (Which is a great tool by the way.)

Next I checked out the forum and just as I had learned to do on ebay I just read what others had said and would not dare to talk, as on ebay forum they have been known to attack sellers and seemed to search for enemies. an enemy was anyone that sold what they sold.
But I quickly began to realize the ebid forum was different and began posting, especially when I read a response from one seller to another that was asking for advice on their stores and listings. The seller needing help had loads of responses, all offering help and advice, even making a list of things that they could change.
But the advice from one seller stood out, as it was just so alien to me after spending ten years plus on ebay, where sellers attacked each other.

The seller offering advice responded "you sell the same as me you should do well I get a lot of sales on here." A simple statement that the seller offering help has probably forgotten, but it left me feeling like I was home.

I joined up and paid the forty pound lifetime membership and listed about forty things. At first nothing so I went back to basics and read everything I could about the differences from selling on ebid rather than ebay. Asked a dozen questions on the forum. Made the changes which were just stupid things like adding a BIN price, which brings in google buyers. Working on my About me page, and my Store, I only used one of the five free stores I was allowed to use but I may add more later.

It worked! I was suddenly getting sales, not hundreds but sales from good buyers that seemed to be more intelligent than the ebay buyers.
At the moment with ebid becoming a selling partner with google and ebid gaining in popularity sales just keep increasing.

If you tried ebid before the changes they have made or you are looking for a good alternative to ebay then I would recommend ebid.net, as a great place to buy or sell.
If you are struggling with sales ask in the forum and they will help you out.

Now I have to finish packing the last lot of ebid sales before getting some sleep.
emilys3
3/2/11
I love ebid.net. It is a very user friendly site with great customer support. The forums have lots of friendly people and knowledgeable threads to help you get started. I have been selling and buying here for over 2 years and would highly recommend it to anyone.
jamese1
11/19/10
Everyone please stop using Ebay and use Ebid which is very similar to Ebay and perhaps even better and easier to use. Ebay is a complete rip-off they take away almost 20% from the selling price of the item. Those people are greedy and don't deserve to have many customers. Their customer service is also terrible, very hard to contact them and very uncooperative representatives. Ebid is a great alternative to Ebay I hope they start getting more traffic than Ebay.
allynb
7/24/10
I have sold on ebay and ebid. No problems on ebid plenty of problems on ebay. Bought several items on ebay and never got them. This is not the sites problem but a seller problem. Ebay keeps making changes that make it difficult to sell and have 6 times the cost. Why would anyone sell on EBAY when they can sell on ebid. Also for the buyer there are better prices as the seller does not have to absorb the high fees. It is new to North America and will catch on as soon as EBAY runs all the sellers off which is in the near future.
kittyh
4/23/10
I'm sorry for those who have had a bad run of things. It isn't ebid's fault that a seller was bad or that people looked but did not buy an item they put up for auction. Nor can ebid or any auction site make people look at what you are selling. Perhaps you could try selling something more popular or at a better price.
I both buy and sell on ebid and I love it WAY more than e-bay. The tools for selling/preparing your auction are way more user friendly.
It's a fantastic site & I think everyone should give it a try to see for themselves.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V.A.T. all good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V.A.T. again? and it's not even at a reduced rate. this snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Questions? Get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

5 Photos for eBid