Review of Ebates

Sign up for Ebates now and start earning Cash Back
Visit Us

amyf48
11/12/18

I've been with ebates since 2011. The past few years they really seem to be dropping the ball in putting money in your account after a purchase. You need to be diligent. Keep your online receipts, you most likely (50% or more of the time) will have to track down your money. Pay attention, and it's worth it.

lauraw316
11/3/18

I have been using Ebates for about a year and have liked it, but as soon as I started to pay attention to how many times I was not getting my money, I could finally see how they make theirs...by cheating me out of mine!!! I will no longer use them! I refuse to "make money" for a company that is stealing from me!

loiss85
10/29/18

Love getting money back for shopping where I normally would. Been using this site for years. They have also been very good about resolving any disputes or concerns I may have about a particular purchase. Recommend this site highly!

virginiat56
10/28/18

Ebates is fantastic and the customer service people are the best I have ever dealt with and when they say they will respond quickly the mean it

melissaj139
10/26/18

I love this app best thing I have ever downloaded to help me save even more while simply doing my chores such as shopping, I call it a chore I hate shopping but Ebates always makes it better when I am getting money back for something I hate doing. Thank you Ebates!!!!!

mms7
10/10/18

It's really great for shopping online! I and my husband using it all the time, We got extra money from ebate cash back.

lindseym53
10/8/18

I just wish they paid out more often, they only pay out once every 3 months, but they give more cash back at more places than similar shopping sites and customer service is usually very prompt.

dorothyh104
10/3/18

I love Ebates, not only do you get money back, but they have one of the best customer service teams I have ever encountered. Always so helpful and friendly.

irenes109
9/30/18

I used to think they were good. it is only good as long as it work. so I quit looking at my account. I shop a lot on ebay. activate my shopping trip every time I bid and pay by the button they have. then went to view my account and see barely any cash back in the past 2 months. I had shopped A LOT on ebay. contact and in the beginning they were helpful. started sending my purhcases in, got some of the cashback.

I then tried to figure out why my button is not working. Now I am only getting canned responses. no matter how I explain that I activate before bidding and paying, they just won't listen. I sent screen shots on before activating and after. Then I get an email saying they gave me some of the cash back but won't in the future for missing cash! With no solution for me! I AM using their button! No interest in fixing it I guess. Really not happy with them, they need to look into the technical issue.

cindyf28
9/26/18

I have used ebates for years along with Honey. Ebates has faithfully paid back all monies that I have earned every three months with no problem and will let you opt for a gift card instead that is worth more than the earned cash amount. Gift cards are sponsored by companies such as Overstock and Old Navy so this is a win-win deal. For example, say I earned 35 dollars in cash back but chose to get a gift card that you can redeem a few weeks earlier than waiting for your check to be deposited in paypal . Overstock may offer me a 37 dollar gift card and old navy 37.50. How can you lose?

kathys376
9/23/18

If you like to shop on line and haven't joined Ebates what are you waiting for? I love getting the rebate checks!

marilync116
9/19/18

I have accumulated over $1000 through rebates on large purchases, referrals and just online shopping. It all adds up and you get your checks through paypal or by mail once a quarter.

czernya
9/14/18

It might not be tons of money, but a few dollars here and there at my favorite online stores add up over time. It's fun to receive my Big Fat Checks. But sometimes you have to make sure and check your shopping trips. If something is missing, it's easy to claim your rebate by submitting your sales invoice to Ebates and their reps will take care of it quickly. I even saved money booking a hotel room through Ebates Hotels.

michelek84
9/12/18

First of all, I love getting this money back, of course! That aside, I am EXTREMELY impressed with eBates customer service. I reached out to eBates Member Services (via email) because I did not wind up getting cash back on something I had purchased when I expected to. Member Services was responsive in a very timely, personable, and clear manner for every communication...and then when they were not able to get me the cash back from that store purchase because they could not locate the records from the store, they made good by giving me credit themselves. They made a on this previously negative situation, extremely positive and therefore have now converted me into a super-passionate fan of eBates!!! I am now going to be an even bigger advocate for eBates! Amazing job eBates staff and great business policy eBates! Keep it up!

mariec26
9/7/18

Super easy to shop and save. I've been using this for a few years and have received over $1000.00 back. Additionally there are other money saving offers.

marianneo7
9/1/18

Ebates will pay you for shopping any of the several participating stores in the Ebates network. This is real! You need this, unless you don't need money...
Ebates is so easy to use, the money is real. The customer care is exceptional. I had an issue yesterday, from the initial contact with Ebates to ask the question to the resolution that resulted in my Ebates earnings increasing was at most 4-5 Hours! Yes, I said HOURS not Days! The representative (Tim) was courteous, clear and concise. I've never had an online company resolve anything in less than 24/48 hours - until Ebates. Plus, the stores in their network are stores we all actually shop at, all the time! Put it on his way, sign-up at Ebates today... You have everything to gain and money to lose if you don't.
* I am giving this review freely on my own volition, I am not being paid or compensated in any way. Ebates is just so great I am obligated to spread the word. You'll feel the same as me once you start earning REAL money.

adityam9
9/1/18

Very Helpful Agents to resolve any cases and had a great experience with my past purchases. Hope to utilize the service more and more.

kellyk187
8/30/18

Finally a shopping benefit where they do all the work! I shop, get checks in the mail, and the customer service is top of the mark.
Hooray!

lindab384
8/27/18

I love ebates!!! you also get discounts and codes and they let you know when your getting a % back ...if it 1% to 10% it is always good in your pocket then having nothing...
and now you can have them deposit right into your paypal account...love this option too

madelinem22
8/21/18

I had a purchase I forgot to enter over 2 months ago, as a curtesy the company added it to my account! They are always understanding, and willing to work with the customer.

brittanya62
8/19/18

Love this app! They even have coupons listed for you in the app! So easy to use! Money comes back to you quarterly but it adds up!

juliek153
8/14/18

I am always sending out invites but people are so skeptical. But I will always brag about and promote Ebates!!

cristianm19
8/13/18

Roxanna F. Helped me over the phone with customer service from ebates and she was more than amazing I couldn't of received better customer service she was awesome !!!

seanaa1
8/11/18

Disclaimer: I HATE shopping. If there's a possibility that I can get what I need online without physically going in a store, then I'm all over it. It saves me time and usually a pretty decent amount of money, too.

A little over 10 years ago my sister-in-law told me about this site called ebates that automatically checks for all discount codes and coupons on the sites you already shop. On top of that, for many (most) of these sites they also send you an additional rebate in the form of a quarterly check.
I thought the "check" sounded a little too good to be true, but I figured I'd use them, if for nothing else, just to simplify finding the best promo codes.
As it turned out, the rebate checks are very real - I've received $843 and some change since I joined ebates in November of 2007.
What I really like is having one easy, reliable site that finds the best coupons, discount codes, free shipping offers, etc. and automatically applies them for me. When I say reliable I mean the click of a button. Some websites you come to by googling "promo codes for xyz" will give you plenty of possible codes with different % chance of working, telling you how many people have had success with it over the last how many days. Those never work for me! It takes so much time, they want you to sign up and jump through hoops and then just to find out it's not a valid code or has expired. UGGHHH!

Not so with ebates, they consistently offer verified codes and automatically track and apply them for you. (By the way, I saw a review from someone who claimed ebates cheated them. I don't know about their situation, but if I've ever noticed some rebate didn't post I've simply emailed them and they have had excellent customer service. They've always made it good for me.)

(Oh, by the way, they do have shop-in-store feature which I don't even use. Just thought that may be relevant for some readers.)

I used to take my rebate checks and buy myself a cup of coffee or a nice lunch or something (of course, some of my checks have been large enough to buy something much nicer, like a new purse or a pair of sneakers or something;) But this last check I got I thought: "here is money I am not expecting, I want to use it to give back in a fun way". I took it and made little fun donations around town: I gave $20 to a local church community outreach program, the same to a local school for the disabled, I bought & donated girl scout cookies to a youth group, dropped off some money at a coffee shop to start a "pay it forward" thing for the day, AND I bought myself breakfast too ;-)... etc. Not sharing this to brag. Just saying that even if you're not into saving money, it's still fun to get a little random check in the mail every so often and do something different with it.

I do want to mention one thing about a "learning curve." Ebates offers a referral program where you can make additional money. I don't really share that as I should because I don't want people to think I'm just trying to make money off of them. Though I do wholeheartedly recommend them in general to people. My mom and sister both tried signing up for ebates years ago when I first told them about it and I think they were skeptical and never went to the trouble to "set it up." One or both of them told me at the time that they never got their "big fat check" DESPITE me explaining to them both - that, as the instructions clearly say when you sign up, you have to set up your mailing address so that they know where to send a check. LOL. Anyway, the system works, but you do need to work the system. They aren't trying to "cheat" anyone, but good grief, you do have to read and follow directions. I've been using them so long now I literally don't do anything. But when I first joined, I do remember having to check some boxes and read some instructions, etc. If all else fails, email their excellent customer support team. They are very responsive and even have (what I think is rare nowadays) a reply line on their emails. In other words, it's not some automated "do not reply to this email" but a real person inviting you to communicate.

I love ebates. I like their website usability. I like their customer service. I just think they are a neat company, with lots of integrity. I highly recommend.

Tip for consumers: my tips would be to take the time to learn the "rules" and I promise it's completely zero maintenance after the initial learning curve; also take advantage of customer service with any questions.

cindyj112
8/8/18

Best customer service I've ever dealt with. Any issues are answered/resolved in 24 hours. Love Ebates

I dont know there some wierred how come I just order some jewelry.com and I order two earring only and its just 30.00 dollars. But when I use debates the price went up to high.

By susan k.

If it for some reason doesn't show like it should, I contact ebates. I include a copy of the email with the information from the order placed. Normally I wait until the purchase has arrived. This gives ebates and the store to put the transaction in your account.

By lisa k.

Hi Jenny, Ebates does not earn credit for phone orders. We do not advise any of our members to place orders over the phone. If this happened, please send me the message showing where we advised this so that I can try to resolve the matter for you. My direct address is facebookhelp@ebates.com

By Max C., Ebates Representative

Hi Mike, This is a great idea. I'll make sure that our leadership team is aware of this suggestion and I'll see what we can do to make it happen in the future. We know that Ebates is the best Cash Back shopping service, but we appreciate your confirmation of this fact.

By Max C., Ebates Representative

Hi Deb, This is very odd. We would really need to see what you saw. Would you be able to send screenshots of the two different prices? This is certainly something that should never happen. My address is facebookhelp@ebates.com. Please help us by sending this along when you have the time. We appreciate it. Thank you, Ebates

By Max C., Ebates Representative

Hi Jenni, This can happen if the stores deems the order invalid or ineligible for Ebates credit. We are here to help. Please send us the details using this page: https://www.ebates.com/help/customer_care/wheresmycashback.htm

By Max C., Ebates Representative

No. If you did not go through the Ebates site to make the purchase, you are out of luck. I just read this on their app's HELP page.

By Bb m.

Hi Bonnie, We have over 2000 stores. There is almost nothing that you can't buy through the Ebates program.

By Max C., Ebates Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Ebates staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Ebates