Review of Ebates

Sign up for Ebates now and start earning Cash Back
Visit Us

kathys376
9/23/18

If you like to shop on line and haven't joined Ebates what are you waiting for? I love getting the rebate checks!

marilync116
9/19/18

I have accumulated over $1000 through rebates on large purchases, referrals and just online shopping. It all adds up and you get your checks through paypal or by mail once a quarter.

czernya
9/14/18

It might not be tons of money, but a few dollars here and there at my favorite online stores add up over time. It's fun to receive my Big Fat Checks. But sometimes you have to make sure and check your shopping trips. If something is missing, it's easy to claim your rebate by submitting your sales invoice to Ebates and their reps will take care of it quickly. I even saved money booking a hotel room through Ebates Hotels.

michelek84
9/12/18

First of all, I love getting this money back, of course! That aside, I am EXTREMELY impressed with eBates customer service. I reached out to eBates Member Services (via email) because I did not wind up getting cash back on something I had purchased when I expected to. Member Services was responsive in a very timely, personable, and clear manner for every communication...and then when they were not able to get me the cash back from that store purchase because they could not locate the records from the store, they made good by giving me credit themselves. They made a on this previously negative situation, extremely positive and therefore have now converted me into a super-passionate fan of eBates!!! I am now going to be an even bigger advocate for eBates! Amazing job eBates staff and great business policy eBates! Keep it up!

mariec26
9/7/18

Super easy to shop and save. I've been using this for a few years and have received over $1000.00 back. Additionally there are other money saving offers.

marianneo7
9/1/18

Ebates will pay you for shopping any of the several participating stores in the Ebates network. This is real! You need this, unless you don't need money...
Ebates is so easy to use, the money is real. The customer care is exceptional. I had an issue yesterday, from the initial contact with Ebates to ask the question to the resolution that resulted in my Ebates earnings increasing was at most 4-5 Hours! Yes, I said HOURS not Days! The representative (Tim) was courteous, clear and concise. I've never had an online company resolve anything in less than 24/48 hours - until Ebates. Plus, the stores in their network are stores we all actually shop at, all the time! Put it on his way, sign-up at Ebates today... You have everything to gain and money to lose if you don't.
* I am giving this review freely on my own volition, I am not being paid or compensated in any way. Ebates is just so great I am obligated to spread the word. You'll feel the same as me once you start earning REAL money.

adityam9
9/1/18

Very Helpful Agents to resolve any cases and had a great experience with my past purchases. Hope to utilize the service more and more.

kellyk187
8/30/18

Finally a shopping benefit where they do all the work! I shop, get checks in the mail, and the customer service is top of the mark.
Hooray!

lindab384
8/27/18

I love ebates!!! you also get discounts and codes and they let you know when your getting a % back ...if it 1% to 10% it is always good in your pocket then having nothing...
and now you can have them deposit right into your paypal account...love this option too

madelinem22
8/21/18

I had a purchase I forgot to enter over 2 months ago, as a curtesy the company added it to my account! They are always understanding, and willing to work with the customer.

brittanya62
8/19/18

Love this app! They even have coupons listed for you in the app! So easy to use! Money comes back to you quarterly but it adds up!

juliek153
8/14/18

I am always sending out invites but people are so skeptical. But I will always brag about and promote Ebates!!

cristianm19
8/13/18

Roxanna F. Helped me over the phone with customer service from ebates and she was more than amazing I couldn't of received better customer service she was awesome !!!

seanaa1
8/11/18

Disclaimer: I HATE shopping. If there's a possibility that I can get what I need online without physically going in a store, then I'm all over it. It saves me time and usually a pretty decent amount of money, too.

A little over 10 years ago my sister-in-law told me about this site called ebates that automatically checks for all discount codes and coupons on the sites you already shop. On top of that, for many (most) of these sites they also send you an additional rebate in the form of a quarterly check.
I thought the "check" sounded a little too good to be true, but I figured I'd use them, if for nothing else, just to simplify finding the best promo codes.
As it turned out, the rebate checks are very real - I've received $843 and some change since I joined ebates in November of 2007.
What I really like is having one easy, reliable site that finds the best coupons, discount codes, free shipping offers, etc. and automatically applies them for me. When I say reliable I mean the click of a button. Some websites you come to by googling "promo codes for xyz" will give you plenty of possible codes with different % chance of working, telling you how many people have had success with it over the last how many days. Those never work for me! It takes so much time, they want you to sign up and jump through hoops and then just to find out it's not a valid code or has expired. UGGHHH!

Not so with ebates, they consistently offer verified codes and automatically track and apply them for you. (By the way, I saw a review from someone who claimed ebates cheated them. I don't know about their situation, but if I've ever noticed some rebate didn't post I've simply emailed them and they have had excellent customer service. They've always made it good for me.)

(Oh, by the way, they do have shop-in-store feature which I don't even use. Just thought that may be relevant for some readers.)

I used to take my rebate checks and buy myself a cup of coffee or a nice lunch or something (of course, some of my checks have been large enough to buy something much nicer, like a new purse or a pair of sneakers or something;) But this last check I got I thought: "here is money I am not expecting, I want to use it to give back in a fun way". I took it and made little fun donations around town: I gave $20 to a local church community outreach program, the same to a local school for the disabled, I bought & donated girl scout cookies to a youth group, dropped off some money at a coffee shop to start a "pay it forward" thing for the day, AND I bought myself breakfast too ;-)... etc. Not sharing this to brag. Just saying that even if you're not into saving money, it's still fun to get a little random check in the mail every so often and do something different with it.

I do want to mention one thing about a "learning curve." Ebates offers a referral program where you can make additional money. I don't really share that as I should because I don't want people to think I'm just trying to make money off of them. Though I do wholeheartedly recommend them in general to people. My mom and sister both tried signing up for ebates years ago when I first told them about it and I think they were skeptical and never went to the trouble to "set it up." One or both of them told me at the time that they never got their "big fat check" DESPITE me explaining to them both - that, as the instructions clearly say when you sign up, you have to set up your mailing address so that they know where to send a check. LOL. Anyway, the system works, but you do need to work the system. They aren't trying to "cheat" anyone, but good grief, you do have to read and follow directions. I've been using them so long now I literally don't do anything. But when I first joined, I do remember having to check some boxes and read some instructions, etc. If all else fails, email their excellent customer support team. They are very responsive and even have (what I think is rare nowadays) a reply line on their emails. In other words, it's not some automated "do not reply to this email" but a real person inviting you to communicate.

I love ebates. I like their website usability. I like their customer service. I just think they are a neat company, with lots of integrity. I highly recommend.

Tip for consumers: my tips would be to take the time to learn the "rules" and I promise it's completely zero maintenance after the initial learning curve; also take advantage of customer service with any questions.

cindyj112
8/8/18

Best customer service I've ever dealt with. Any issues are answered/resolved in 24 hours. Love Ebates

mariav122
8/5/18

It's great to make a purchase, knowing that you get something back later. Not all stores give the same percentage but every little helps.

kellyp154
8/5/18

Cash rebates are available on a lot of sites. Great customer service with quick responses and resolutions!

caitlynb9
7/30/18

Ebates is great... I often have to remind myself to make sure I make all of my online purchases through ebates to get my cash back, but it is totally worth it. I've never been a believer in these types of websites until I tried ebates after a friend highly recommended it.

maries120
7/27/18

Have been a member of Ebates for a couple years now. All you do is got to Ebates.com. Fill out the form with your personal information, download the app and you are off to getting paid to shop. Whenever you go to any online shopping site, you will get a little popup to activate the particular percentage of savings. Every couple of months, you get a check. And you can use it wherever venue or store you shop that is linked to Ebates. Tyy it, you'll love it!

elyses3
7/22/18
• Updated review

I've been shopping again with them for quite a while & I'm beyond impressed. The customer service is totally where it was & how I knew them to be & maybe even better! My updates were posted on another site but I forgot to post one on here & they truly deserve this with all the other updates I've had posted. Thank you Ebates, I'm honestly very proud of you!

“Always double check IF they are paying but I'm fair...they may have taken note?”
1/12/16
• Previous review

4 '16 SOOO upset that I have to put this kind of update because I was their biggest fan. Lately like the last 6 or so months, I think Ebates has been getting a bit full of themselves & customer service is falling flat. I have been having problems to the point where I have to send them copies of my invoices, about every OTHER online shopping trip I'm doing. I got used to doing that, even though they continued to "blame" me & said I was using the site incorrectly. THAT doesn't make sense if I've been doing the same thing for so many years & NOW all of a sudden I forgot how to use the site? I even told them that if I take too long to order I noticed I better re-do everything & start over or they won't acknowledge anything. Maybe they need the extra money to help pay for the new app upgrade? I don't know what happened because it's not nearly as easy to use Ebates.com or deal with customer service, I think they fired all the GREAT people & hired all new ones who don't care about the customers & clearly fabricate (or just don't know) what they have on their site!
5 '16 **UPDATE** Now I think I'm finally done using Ebates all together. I sincerely believe they are pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. Not only am I having to keep ALL times I'm making purchases & make SURE they give me credit for it but then I have to double check they don't delete ones they already gave me credit for after I send them ones they didn't! GO FIGURE??? I showed them one from a company that was not issued & after they gave me credit for that one, they deleted a previous one...uhhh, what are they trying to pull???
4/23/17 UPDATE-I think the site took note & started fixing things. Since I called them out, saying exactly what I've said with reviews like this I do believe they have tried to take care of things. No, I haven't used them again yet but I did have some old things & they didn't delete anything which they could of because I totally forgot about them. They reminded me that I had a some small rebate heading my way & why I'm giving another update. I will ALWAYS be fair like that! Plus IF I do start using them on a regular basis again & find they are back to good or great, I'll post that too & revamp my entire review...but will keep the history, just a shorter version.

eh72
7/19/18

When I was introduced to Ebates I was skeptical, it sounded too good to be true. My skepticism has long since passed. They are Rock Solid in every way, I can't understand why anyone who uses the web to shop doesn't use Ebates. It's free money, plain and simple. Make sure you install the browser plugin that way when you visit a site that offers cash back Ebates displays a banner allowing you to activate your visit on the site.

In the several years I have been using them there has only been one issue, which they corrected immediately. The problem was with the merchant Dell, not them. Despite the fact that Dell indicated the purchase was made via phone and not the internet Ebates still gave me the cash back. It was almost $50 and they stepped up no problem.

Like I said, it's free money plain and simple.

ruthr92
7/18/18

I had trouble with receiving my checks and they solved the problem so quickly and they also found more checks that I never got. And they giving it to me. I love Ebates. Ebates is gonna stay with me trough all my shopping. Thanks Ebates

dwightp14
7/5/18

Absolutely fantastic online experience with Ebates! Very helpful staff! A pleasure to do business with! Customer service is amazing. Don't miss out.

tonyh173
7/2/18

Ive been an ebates user for over a few years and have had 0 issues. I recently booked a hotel through them a few weeks ago. Upon arrival, we only were able to get into a standard double room even though we paid for a deluxe with kitchen. The room was still fine so I just figured id reach out when we got back in town. Ebates provided great customer service and made the situation much better. I was a bit surprised since it wasnt Ebates fault, the hotel made the error. Ebates took care of things and sent notice to the hotel management of the error. I have already booked another stay through Ebates Hotels.

michaeld813
6/29/18

Service is great. The returns are great. It's just solid. I've been using them for a few years and have gotten about $13,000+ back. It's good stuff

I dont know there some wierred how come I just order some jewelry.com and I order two earring only and its just 30.00 dollars. But when I use debates the price went up to high.

By susan k.

If it for some reason doesn't show like it should, I contact ebates. I include a copy of the email with the information from the order placed. Normally I wait until the purchase has arrived. This gives ebates and the store to put the transaction in your account.

By lisa k.

Hi Jenny, Ebates does not earn credit for phone orders. We do not advise any of our members to place orders over the phone. If this happened, please send me the message showing where we advised this so that I can try to resolve the matter for you. My direct address is facebookhelp@ebates.com

By Max C., Ebates Representative

Hi Mike, This is a great idea. I'll make sure that our leadership team is aware of this suggestion and I'll see what we can do to make it happen in the future. We know that Ebates is the best Cash Back shopping service, but we appreciate your confirmation of this fact.

By Max C., Ebates Representative

Hi Deb, This is very odd. We would really need to see what you saw. Would you be able to send screenshots of the two different prices? This is certainly something that should never happen. My address is facebookhelp@ebates.com. Please help us by sending this along when you have the time. We appreciate it. Thank you, Ebates

By Max C., Ebates Representative

Hi Jenni, This can happen if the stores deems the order invalid or ineligible for Ebates credit. We are here to help. Please send us the details using this page: https://www.ebates.com/help/customer_care/wheresmycashback.htm

By Max C., Ebates Representative

No. If you did not go through the Ebates site to make the purchase, you are out of luck. I just read this on their app's HELP page.

By Bb m.

Hi Bonnie, We have over 2000 stores. There is almost nothing that you can't buy through the Ebates program.

By Max C., Ebates Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Ebates staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Ebates