Review of DrsFosterSmith

Tel: 1-800-381-7179
liveaquaria@drsfostersmith.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

DrsFosterSmith has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

melissal286
2/8/19

My pet died and although the company charged me a substantial amount in postage, they accepted the merchandise back. Another pet died this week and the company not only will not accept the merchandise back ($45), they had no compassion. Chewy.com not only refunded for merchandise, they asked me to donate it and not worry about the return.

fernandam10
2/3/19

I bought a cost and I loved it... I received just in time and I will looking for more things to buy... good price!!

thomash485
1/25/19

Ordered six cases of dog food. They were poorly packaged and too many in one box so the cans arrived badly dented and the box was destroyed due to the excessive weight, many near the seal. After jerking me around, they refused to refund my money. They claim cans with dents at the seal are fine to feed my dog. I'm not giving my dogs botulism. I've had dented can problems on occasion with other vendors like amazon, they always refund me especially when it was their poor packaging that caused the issue. I have photos of the packaging and damaged product, which I provided to the vendor.

arrieh
Arrie H.
1/4/19

I've been a customer for many years (20+) and have never had any issue with service, delivery or returns. Customer service folks have always managed any concern with politeness and knowledge. I rarely buy from anyone else. I had an aviary of 200 parrots and always bought food, treats, toys and accessories from them. Now with just 4 parrots I still rely on Drs. Foster and Smith. Highly recommend them. Let's hope Petco doesn't spoil this terrific company like Sears ruined Lands End!

jenniferh732
12/1/18

This has been a nightmare. I mailed my Rx in so I could place an online order. It never showed up in my account. I called to find out why and they told me 1st couldn't find it and 2nd it didn't have a Dr. signature. They finally said "Oh I see the signature." Wow. Placed an order over phone. It's late by a week. Wanted to take advantage of a recent 30% off promo and go to my account. NO RX! Called and they tell me online and phone orders are not on the same server? That is ridiculous. I will never trust them again.

liedt
11/2/18

Lied. In writing they said prior to ordering that shipping and billing addresses not matching, no problem. Lied. Ship only to billing address and that is the only one they see in their system. Order history on web page reflects correct shipping address. Confirmation email about shipping contained only ads and no address. UPS alerted me. Company refuses to correct it. Reps including supervisor just blamed me for ordering online. This company is garbage. I should have read reviews first.

catrinam3
9/19/18

I called in an order 15 minutes later I called back to make a change. No problem Im told. Next day I see no change was made and I called back. Oh sorry the item had already shipped. Which proved to be a lie. The usps tracking proved it wasnt picked up till 5 hrs later. Integrity is everything in an online company this 1 failed me.

williamw470
9/3/18

I recently saw a sale listed for Roudybush high energy breeders food for birds listed 25 lbs for $13.49 never said clearance . When I tried to order it said not available until 8/27 so on 8/27 I called and tried to place my order I was told it wouldn't get there until 8/30 but they would honor the price. On 8/30 I call in and they tell me that they are not carrying the 25lb small size but I could get 15% off the 25lb crumble size not the 75% off they advertised after speaking with supervisor I was told they would not honor the price and admitted it was there fault so he gave me a $10 credit so what should have been a $27 bill cost me $102 and $10 off my next order which will be my last. I have been a long time customer but you only rip me off once and I have learned my lesson.

heatherl174
7/30/18

I've bought cat food from here. It's been quite a while, but the have the best quality pet food with out the by products.

virginiaw81
7/30/18

This used to be a reliable source for cat food and other supplies. There shipping (and tracking) are so slow one wonders if the order will ever arrive. Now I'm off to a pet store to buy cat food.

williamk315
7/21/18

i have been a customer of this company for many years now they have switched to mailing items in a plastic bag instead of shipping my order in a small box cutting corners to save a few pennies is poor customer service i will be shopping with one of your competitors

georgen81
7/4/18

I placed an order on the late evening of July 3rd. I then changed my mind on the order and looked for a cancel order button. None to be found. I then used the support email as directed and sent a polite email stating that it was my fault for changing my mind but could they please cancel my order. I received an email on July 4th (around noon) stating that they could not cancel the order because it was already shipped. I contacted chat support and asked for clarification because UPS doesn't ship on the 4th of July (holiday). They said "oh well UPS leaves trucks at our place and we fill them and your order is already on the truck". I could see I was getting nowhere. I just received an email stating that my order was just packaged and being shipped USPS. Now I am certain that USPS does NOT leave a vehicle parked at their warehouse. I sent a cancel email within 15 minutes of placing the order and they simply do not want to cancel it because they either think I will just keep it or they just can't be bothered to stop the order. I will be returning the items even if I am forced to pay the $8 return shipping and will never order from them again. Again it was my fault for changing my mind but I have NEVER had this kind of service from the big retailer that starts with an "A". I will find everywhere possible to repeat this review.

row420
6/18/18

We bought a fountain for the cat. It came in quickly. The cat loved it. Later, the motor stopped working and the customer service people answered questions about how to fix it. A toy we ordered didn't work out--it was not bendy and flexible as advertised--and they issued a refund.

jerryb213
6/13/18

I ordered an item that comes 2 sizes and one is more expensive which is the one I ordered but was sent the cheaper item? Customer service said they would make a note of that but never offered a refund!

shawnl95
5/22/18

I will start to say they do have great prices. But sometimes it is worth spending a bit more to not have to deal with bad customer service. Half of the recent orders I placed had some items out of stock even though it said they did have items in stock. They supposedly have a good return policy. Good luck there. Takes a week to ship the items back and then they reserve two weeks to process the return. If you contact customer service they will blame you for everything even if you follow the return instructions to a T. So I had to pay to ship items back which I wouldn't have ordered if they hadn't shipped an incomplete order in the first place.

minam21
1/6/18

It has been a few months back, but I had several sick kittens with conjunctivitis. I needed to get some medication quickly. I ordered what I needed and it arrived in just a few days. I was very surprised in how fast it was delivered. I think the prices could be a little cheaper though.

mw146
10/30/17

Purchased 500+ dollars worth of inverts for a large marine tank. They sent me an ammonia bomb (a bag full of dead mexican turbo snails) which wiped out the entire aquarium.

Over $5000 worth of fish, coral and inverts completely wiped out in a tank that was stable for over 2 years.

LiveAquaria (Doctors Foster and Smith) would not do anything to remedy the situation.

I would not recommend LiveAquaria.

kolinh
10/18/17

Very valuable and user-friendly website, thanks! I've been using it for already a year and will definitely continue doing so.

josephg90
7/10/17

Great website been buying from them for years. My dogs loves their drsfostersmith treats. I bought everything needed to set up my saltwater fish tank. Cheapest prices around check for yourself.

kareenav
5/31/17

I made my first order with Drs. Foster and Smith about 2 years ago. I had seen their catalogue before and thought we'd give them a shot to fill our heartworm medication prescription. Their prices are typically a good chunk lower than my vet's office, so this is great. Still, I only order from them once or twice a year for prescriptions or if they have a good deal going on. While the products received are as expected and good quality, actually getting them is something else altogether. If you mail in your prescription, there is no confirmation to let you know it was received and it takes several days (7-10) for them to process it. There is no notification of shipping either. So you are either waiting for a couple weeks asking yourself "What's going on?" OR you are calling and asking one of the reps. Thankfully, an actual person will answer when you call, but who knows if they'll have answers. I've had to call 2 and 3 times to follow up on orders. Sometimes my order is delivered and sometimes its cancelled without notice or reason. AND if you ordered other items with your prescription order, but your script can't/hasn't been processed, they will not ship your other items separately. They also refuse to ship to my home address. They say its not a real address, despite my successfully receiving mail and packages for the last 32 years. I feel better non-urgent ordering items because eventually they do figure out the everyday orders. Its the prescriptions that equate to trouble. Unfortunately, they are really only competitive when it comes to prescriptions. Otherwise, no one can beat Chewy.com for food, treats, etc.

amyz28
5/26/17

Buyers and pet lovers beware! This company illegally labels their prescriptions with drug companies names, and yesterday I contacted the drug company directly who says they do NOT do business with Drs Foster and Smith. What you are buying from Drs Foster and Smith is 'grey' market products, manufactured by companies whose names they will not reveal, where they are located, they could just be expired, stored improperly, or made to look like the real thing. I strongly recommend to talk to your vet about companies such as these who offer NO guarantee for their products, they cannot as they are not legally from who they say they are on labels.

Tip for consumers: https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm048164.htm

peggyy5
5/25/17

I've been ordering from Drs. Foster & Smith for a few years now and I love them! They supplied items for our dogs, fish, birds, hedgehog, rabbit & my outdoor birds & squirrels.
Their prices are excellent and they often have great sales allowing you to save even more. Great selection of items for all pets.
I submit orders and usually have a shipping notice in 12-18 hours. Items arrive wuickly(usidlly

judym108
4/5/17

This company is excellent at filling orders and for the products that they offer! Such a wide variety of products to choose and shop from.

marit112
3/15/17

Recently I decided to take a dog from an animal shelter. In order to protect my lovely pet and my family, I started using this website. It's convenient and the service is normal!

kylew46
3/14/17

I purchased an Eheim 350 surface skimmer from DrFosterSmith back in November 2016' for their black friday sale and didn't set it up till March 2017' and it wasn't working correctly. I contacted customer service past the 60 day return policy and they were still able to ship me a new one. Definitely recommend

21 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the DrsFosterSmith staff and other customers.

2 Photos for DrsFosterSmith