Review of DevicesNow

support@devices-now.com

66 reviews with 1 star

alexg208
4/21/18

How it is even possible for such scammers to exist for so long!? I ordered a phone and never got it. Their customer service does not exist! They will never respond. Thanks to my bank, I was able to dispute the payment.
One more thing: coincidence or not, someone tried to steal $700 from my credit card (same I used at that store) a month after my order.
Stay away!

robertl340
3/22/18

I have been back and forth about the phone they sent with delaminated and chipped screen, after I paid extra for the "like new" phone. I could go on and one about the mind blowing lack of business ethics. But instead I will simply warn you. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I an in dispute with the bank now to have the charges reversed, and they are behind me 100% after finding numerous complaints on BBB, and trusted review sites.

taskal
3/20/18

Oh man do I wish I had read the reviews on this company. I ordered a phone on 2/9/18. The money was drafted from my account on 2/13/18. By 2/20/18 I had no phone and hadn't heard anything about a back order of anything about a delay. I then recieved a shipped email on 2/21/18 but when I click the link (to this date) it says that my order is still processing and cannot be tracked yet. On 2/26/18 I recieved an answer to my help desk ticket. They apologized for the delay and said it was because of a move and that my phone would be expedited to a faster shipping option. I responded to the ticket that I had gotten a tracking number but that USPS still didn't have my phone. On 3/4/18 I responded again to the help desk ticket and asked for a refund. ON 3/7/18 they responded that my order had been cancelled and sent to processing for a refund. Well here we are on 3/19/18 and I still have no refund...much beyond the six day refund BS I saw in another comment. I will be contacting the fraud department at my bank tomorrow. I plan to blast this company any and everywhere I can so that no one else falls for this stupid scam. I'm also going to contact the BBB. SHAME ON YOU Devices Now!

lm143
3/15/18

Ordered a phone on 01/24/18, credit card was charged and phone was never sent. My account with them indicates the shipment was processed and the order is complete. I received a few emails blaming the confusion on a recent move. Monday of this week they sent an apology for the delay and said they would include a car charger for my inconvenience. They said the complete package would be sent out within 24 hours by overnight service, at their expense.

The following FRIGHTENS me:
Today I attempted to open their website and I got a warning that their site is NOT secure and was being hacked. It said do NOT provide any personal information such as credit card numbers as others are able to see the information. I regret not checking the reviews before using this company. For a few years I have seen this companies name when I price checked electronics online. So I "assumed" they were legitimate. I am so very happy that I used my bank's "ShopSafe" feature that issues a credit card number (that is different from my card) it is good for one transaction with a maximum dollar amount that I choose and the expiration date is 60 days. If you did not use something similar to this for online shopping you should pay close attention to the activity in your bank or credit card account and your credit report. If you haven't received your order it would be wise to contact your credit card company's fraud department immediately and dispute the charge because the merchandise was not received. Using a credit card rather than a debit card gives you more protection as a consumer.
I will never order a product from a new company again without checking the reviews

amyk142
3/8/18

I ordered a phone on February 14, 2018; was sent a tracking number on 2/23/18 after putting in to help desk ticket for status. Today the tracking number shows that the phone has not been mailed. I have had no response to my "help desk tickets" and no one answers the phone.

jeffb259
3/7/18

Devices-now.com is the worst company I have ever dealt with. To keep a long story short, this whole site is a SCAM. They don't ship items at all. I doubt they even have an inventory. You can't even talk with customer support - try calling their phone number, emailing them, creating their support ticket, nothing works ... Their customer service is a total black hole - you try to communicate with them, but they won't respond. I filed a dispute with my credit card company. My best advice, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

jimz18
2/26/18

Quick to take your money, slow/no answer to your request, devices-now becomes devices-forever-to-come.

antb2
2/14/18

Today is February 14 - I placed an order on January 29 and still have no phone. The most frustrating thing about this entire process has been the lack of communication. I have no tolerance for unprofessional establishments. If there was a reason that my phone hasn't been delivered I could understand that but I CAN NOT understand calling numerous time and no one answers or emailing several times and no one responds.

I do not recommend this company to anybody. This timeframe for shipping is unheard of and there are too many reputable companies available to do business instead of dealing with Devices Now and their BS. I can't believe people are still providing this kind of ridiculous service in 2018!

willisb34
2/13/18

Ordered phone 8 days ago rush delivery, still NO PHONE! no one answered repeated calls, didn't return any calls, called my bank Navy Federal Fraud department to get my money back, this is not a good company....

peterk169
1/15/18

Do you know why their Helpdesk is crap? It's because they send you an email then if you reply the response doesn't go into the Helpdesk as an update - it disappears, no delivery failure either. They never acknowledge the received email or ever refer to it, you MUST login to their site and update the issue. God forbid you fail to update it properly because you will NEVER straighten it out. I got an order confirmation on Nov. 27 2017 and still no phone.

iliai2
1/10/18

ordered 5 days ago, not even shipped yet.
order tracking on their website does not work.. the site permanently showing "we are fixing ... this problem.." .
Phone is not answered, website says they work until 5pm EST, nobody picks up phone at 4pm EST.
on line chat... " we may be shipping tomorrow." which means 6 days processing!!!!.

Do not expect anything good, will be canceling order.

I wish I read reviews

ts273
12/14/17

There isn't anything that went right with this company, from delivery to quality of the product to the refund, which it appears I will never receive. They are a scam. They do not answer their phone, reply to help desk tickets and when they do respond, all they do is come up with excuses.

Response from JOSH V., DevicesNow Representative
Hello. I am sorry that you have had an issue with our company. I will be more than happy to look into this to see why you haven't been refunded yet. Can you please provide me with an order number so that I can escalate this to you and see that it is handled?
mariannek9
10/11/17

In April I ordered a phone from Devices now with a 6 day delivery date. When the phone did not arrive after 12 days I called DevicesNow many times and left email messages I no longer wanted the phone. A month later the phone arrived and the camera on the phone was defect. I returned the phone but till this date (October) I have not received my money back.

Response from JOSH V., DevicesNow Representative
Hi Marianne. I was able to pull your order up in our system. Unfortunately, your order was delayed in going out to you due to a back order. I was not able to locate any tickets about cancelling the order (not to say they weren't submitted, just that I can't find any attached to the order) so I am very sorry that this still shipped out to you. During this time, we received a charge back/dispute notice in regards to the item not being received by you. Upon receiving the notice, the tracking showed this had delivered to you (and by your own account was received with a defective camera). Our protocol is to reply to the notice and provide any information in regards to delivery. Once a dispute has been filed, we are limited on what we can do as we can not issue any refunds/exchanges until the dispute has ended. If this item was returned to us (which I can't find a record of at this time but it has been many months) and documentation was provided to your bank, then they would have ruled in your favor and granted your refund. If not, I urge you to reach back out to them.
samanthac100
8/8/17

I have had nothing but issues since I placed my order 1 month ago tomorrow! I am currently waiting for a refund. Seems that process is about as messed up as the sales process is! I placed an order for 2 phones on 7/9/17. Right now I have no phones and they still have my money! I have only been able to speak to someone on the phone 1 time thru this ordeal, and it is not for lack of trying to speak to someone. I just LOVE to call, get a recording telling me to submit a ticket online for a response...NOT! I did this multiple times. Sometimes I got an answer, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I got an answer with snotty attitude which I did not appreciate! I have told everyone that will listen about my horrible experience and put it on Facebook. I will be reporting to the Better Business Bureau. This has been a horrible horrible horrible experience. I wish there was a negative rating. Don't even deserve 1 star! Hopefully I will get my money back eventually! I sure didn't happen in the promised 48-72 business hours! Not that I expected it to, since nothing else I was told during the process turned out like it was supposed to!

Response from JOSH V., DevicesNow Representative
Hi Samantha. I am sorry you were not happy with your experience. In order to keep our prices competitive, we do state on our phone to submit a ticket. Tickets are also our preferred method as it creates a record of what was stated by us or the customer so there is no worry over if something was or wasn't promised, who authorized something, etc. Unfortunately, the tickets you were submitting were not being submitted to the help desk, they were being submitted to the RMA which is not a monitored email. I do see that you return was received back to us on 8/3/17. As stated on our website, returns take 1-3 business days to process and then they are submitted for a refund which also takes 1-3 business days - this can be a total of 6 business days. I do see that a refund was issued to you on 8/10/17, within the time frame promised for your refund.
mj231
7/27/17

I ordered a cellphone from here, when i received it, the phone was on, and it was faulty and overheated. I was able to get a replacement phone from these guys, only to have the microphone not work. I sent the phone back, and after several months, have still not received a refund nor a proper reply as to how to solve this matter.

****I would advise not ordering from this company and to save your money and go somewhere else.***

Response from JOSH V., DevicesNow Representative
Hello. I am sorry about your experience with us. If this was not resolved for you, please provide us with an order number so I can look into this for you.
jennifers402
7/17/17

It's been 10 days since I placed my order. They will not return email or phone calls. Order says pending but when I placed order it was supposed to ship in 2-6 days. This company is a scam. I wish I would have read reviews prior to ordering her I have had the same experience as hundreds of other. This company is a scam. I had to close my bank to have my money refunded.

Response from JOSH V., DevicesNow Representative
Hi Jennifer. I am sorry for your experience with our company. Standard shipping with our orders is 1-3 business days to process and then 2-6 business days to ship - for a total of 9 business days. At the time of your review, this order was still not scheduled to arrive yet and once the notification of charge back/dispute was received, the item wasn't shipped and instead we accepted the dispute for you to be refunded. Again, I apologize for your experience, any confusion on our shipping time frames and that you were not able to get through to anyone who could have eased your mind or explained things better as we recognize ordering online can be a scary.
toral2
6/30/17

It's been10 days. I finally reached someone today and he put me on hold, went to shipping and came back saying it had not shipped. Don't bother with time sensitive items as these guys don't care There are much better places out there who give tracking numbers and actually work. BBB, shut them down. That's my Monday call !

Response from JOSH V., DevicesNow Representative
Hi Tora. I am sorry about your experience. Unfortunately, I couldn't find an order under your name to try and look into this further for you. Our standard shipping is 1-3 business days to process and 2-6 business days to ship so based on your review, it wouldn't have been due for delivery yet. I would love to be able to look into this to see if you were refunded, if the item did deliver to you on time, which shipping method you chose, etc. Please feel free to send us your order number to be able to do so.
markg225
6/21/17

Not be scammed by them, Contact your credit card company or bank if you been had. If they send you a phone it won't be right and they will not answer the phone or return your calls or emails.

basedk
5/18/17

This place is a scam. It's been over a week and my order is still processing. They don't have a customer service line, and I think emails and requests made over their website go to a spam folder. I'm pretty sure they've just stole money from me at this point, I don't know if I will ever get my phone.

zizyl
4/24/17

Bought a phone from this site last week and I never got a delivery notice. The company's contact phone is never picked up. They have a voice mail recording that comes on every time you call. No email response, no active live chat. This is a fake fraudulent site. I'm sure all the 5-star reviews on the site are fake. STAY CLEAR!!!

benrokv
4/6/17

i purchased a phone and got nothing ,they will not return no calls or answer any complaints im hoping my bank can help reverse the charges

dianeb130
4/4/17

I ordered my phone a month ago and never received it. Got no communication back from the company, so I started a fraud investigation with my bank to get my money back!

jenniferv53
3/25/17

I sent for an iPhone 6 Plus. I didn't receive the phone for over a month, and I believe the only reason I got it at all was because I relentlessly emailed them. When I finally received the phone the mic wasn't working so nobody could hear me when I tried talking to them. I took it the irepair shop at the mall and had to pay 75$ to get it fixed. So far that has been the only issue. I was not willing to send the phone back to them for them to fix because I knew that there was a great chance that I wouldn't get the same phone back if at all. Also when I first started looking around in the phone I came across pictures taken by the company which tells me that they most likely knew that the mic wasn't working. Please if you value your money and I'm sure everyone does. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. I usually don't submit reviews but on this I felt it was necessary.

jeffreyb75
3/13/17

After waiting over 3 weeks they sent a broken phone and the wrong cover. Then after weeks more of waiting they sent a replacement phone, that broke in about 15 days.

They then said that "after 2 months you must have gotten a virus", so there is nothing they can do. First, it was 2 months since we first paid for the phone. We only had it for about two weeks. However since their refund policy is 30 days from original purchase date, we were SOL.

I tried and tried to find someone to fix it. I even sent to to Samsung. They refused to work on it because it wasn't "Factory Unlocked" as Devices-now.com promised. It was just a standard after marked unlock, so they refused to even look at it.

On top of this they never answer their phones nor their chat room They will answer you e-mail, but only after about a week. Their customer service sucks.

Given the number of complaints I see here, and the fact that Devices-now.com sent us two defective phones, I don't see how it could have been anything but they sell defective phones on purpose. We are out $263 Avoid them at all costs.

anneh88
1/18/17

I had the same bad experience as so many others. They sent me an iPhone that was actually a STOLEN phone. AT&T would not activate the phone because it had been reported to them as stolen. I returned it, and after weeks, they finally sent me another phone, stating it was practically new, never used. That someone had purchased the phone, kept it for a few days, and returned it. Turns out, the phone was at least two years old and had had two previous owners according to AT&T. I paid over $650.00 dollars for this phone, which was used and of poor quality, could not be warranted, and AT&T indicated that the phone may not been completely paid for, and could have issues. Because AT&T has the imei number for their phones, they can give you a history of the phone. Anyway, I returned the phone with Devices Now permission within a few days of receiving it. They promised to give me a refund, but after three months, they have not. They ignore and refuse to answer or respond to my request for information. The only information they have on my account looks as though I did not return the phone. However, UPS has a tracking record showing that the phone was delivered, received, and signed for by someone in the Company. I wrote this review to try to help others understand the great risk you run by dealing with this Company. Please do not ignore the reviews regarding bad experiences and loss of money. $600.00 plus dollars is too much to lose. I finally ended up buying a new phone directly from the Apple Store, which is what I should have done in the first place. if it happened to me, it can happen to you. I am still searching out a recourse to get my money back.

This is the only number I saw for Devices-Now site. (904)-310-4001 Gotta say though, I want two Samsung S4's really bad. However after reading these reviews (way too many to ignore) about referb/used products, I would not let them pay me money to give me a phone for free. Don't sleep on Utah. Some of the worst scams of all time originate in Utah. Gotta be THE worst state for business ethics.

By jon s.

My case is worse than you, they sent me a dud phone, I sent it back. But they also never reply anything :((((. Hope PayPal get money back for me.

By Berry T.

2200 N Ponce De Leon Blvd, Suite 10 St Augustine, FL 32084

By practice b.

Beware !! stay away there.

By Berry T.

Questions? Get answers from the DevicesNow staff and other customers.

1 Photo for DevicesNow