Review of DailyMotion

Tel: 1973401146549
webmaster@dailymotion.com

garyp328
3/22/19

I uploaded some heavily modified memes and couldn't monetized a single one of them. I created a new channels and uploaded my daughters Barbie parody andnit got flagged as adult content. While you can reach support, they just copy and paste the same stuff that we all hate about YouTube. Also said my daughters video wasn't original. I beg to differ since I watched her move the dolls, do all the voice acting , script, everything from the ground up. This site is worthless

lyndam70
3/17/19

Not with the agro! Advertisements pop up every few minutes, only I get blank black boxes so no idea what's being advertised. After several ads it just cuts off and rewinds back to the beginning. Aagh! And since I'm watching a series, the episodes are jumbled out of order along with other shows, so you are continuously scrolling to find a particular episode. Who programmed it this insane way? Yes its free, but I give up!

clarej29
2/24/19

I'm amazed at all the negative reviews. I've watched hours of TV dramas and docs on here that I can't find anywhere else - or certainly not for free. Other than some (but not all) having a couple of minutes of ads at the start and maybe half way through - just like TV does - my experience has been very positive. The quality isn't always 100% and there's sometimes a slight sound lag but if you've ever tried watching RTE player then you'll find DM a big improvement! As I said, maybe I've just been lucky but to me it's a great resource for programmes I've missed and aren't available to me on catch up.

timf249
2/15/19

There are 1-2 minute ads every 5-8 minutes. So many that you can't even follow what's going on in the video

nicks154
12/29/18

Yes, I've had a video I posted on Dailymotion deleted, then when I uploaded again it was blocked for no apparent reason. Their only excuse references "Community Guidelines" but my video doesn't conflict against community guidelines. So, the only explanation is that some viewers are making false reports and Dailymotion is just deleting and/or blocking them without verification.

In researching Dailymotion, I think I found out why the websites platform is user unfriendly, has various bugs/glitches, videos don't load right, search engine doesn't work properly, pages load with ads that freeze browsers, etc.:

- Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi (90% stock)
- Vivendi also owns UMG (Universal Music Group)
- Universal Music Group signed a huge deal with Youtube in 2017

In my opinion, this is the main reason why Dailymotion is purposely sabotaging their own website and not competing against Youtube. Very shady behavior for a website that was once open and competitive.

michelleo190
11/9/18

Tried watching a video. Every 3-4 minutes, ads pop up. After the third SET of ads, my video froze completely. No one wants to be bombarded with ads. I go to work and check my emails. I must first delete about a dozen junk emails that have gotten past my "Junk" box. Then I have to clean out another 20 from Junk. I will have to delete at least a dozen more before the end of my work day. While deleting these emails, a bad mannered telemarketer calls me and tries to sell me something. If I check my personal email on my phone; more junk that I have to kill. I have to clean out the office fax machine each morning because a pile of ads are waiting when I get in. I get home and physical junk mail is in my mailbox. My phone rings and it is an automated telemarketer calling my cell phone. And then there are texts from "Facebook friends" that I don't know or want to know. After a day of constant bombardment, I decide to watch a video. I can't because of SO MANY ads. Really!!!!

danieh1
7/17/18

ONE WORD: TERRIBLE.

TOO MUCH ADS, YOU CAN'T SEE HOW MUCH YOU'VE WATCHED UNLESS YOU PAUSE IT, I ONLY USE IT SINCE YOUTUBE DOESN'T HAVE FULL EPISODES OF THE LOUD HOUSE

coral100
6/22/18

i cannot even explain how much i hate this website. they have evaded my adblock and i now am forced to watch MULTIPLE 30 SECOND ADS PLAYING ONE AFTER ANOTHER. they play two at a time and they are unskippable. this is insane. not using the site after this abuse.

edwardw150
6/21/18

It drives me crazy trying to watch something on Dailymotion. For one thing there isn't a lot of motion on Dailymotion they freeze up so much. Then when they do run a program they interrupt it every doggone 4 mins with Ad's, and they are the same stupid ad over and over again. They need to time out their commercials better. and show different ones not the same dumb ad over and over again.

bbb14
6/19/18

I was getting copyright claims on my videos that I posted on YouTube, but at least they were still there. So I started uploading to DailyMotion, thinking that they would not be so restrictive, but I found out after uploading some videos that they banned & took down one of my videos because they said it was claimed by some other organization. I made the video myself but I did use the music from another video. So I decided that if they were going to be so restrictive that I would just delete my account at DailyMotion. My advice is to NOT use this site at all & let it die.

bryantp7
5/13/18

That site won't even let me enter my password even though I have it on auto fill with my security password key. This place used to be good until the last few years. The updates have killed that site.

syzr
4/5/18

The quality of Dailymotion videos lag every 10 minutes and this thing stop to lag when we completely reboot it, and 10 minutes later Dailymotion lag again. And the audio to.

simoni8
3/27/18

$#*! you with your long ass ads $#*!ing 30 seconds ads that u cant skip ... I watched cuz I didnt find my show anywhere else thanks god its over thats prolly the last time I use this platform, they ruined it I guess thats why u cant comment cuz they would be overwhelmed with negative comment about WAY TOO MUCH ADS tf is wrong with u guys

anniey4
3/23/18

theres literally ads every 5 min ewwwww ohmygod to make things even worse they dont play only ad video once but twice in the row

jackd163
3/16/18

How long does it take for a system to send a password reset email?
An eternity, if you're lucky. Will it come to junk, inbox? Maybe. If it even sends out.

I didn't even get a confirmation email that I made my account!

The support on this site is abysmal.

nickys17
3/14/18

Last time I watch dailymotion, they way overdo the ads. I swear watched a 1 hour video and 20 minutes were ads.

tarad38
3/2/18

This is the only site that uploads a New Zealand soap I watch, and now I am in Oz I can't use the local streaming sites. Except the episodes get reposted over and over with a new date. So you think you are watching the current episode, you sit through the annoying ad only to find it is the episode from 2 days ago. And every other dailymotion video for that date is the same. And the next day the same repost is updated to that date. And the Ads!!!!! Lets just say one 22 minute episode had 19 ads!

yvetteq1
2/8/18

I don't want to have to go into each channel I am subscribed in to see if they have new videos. The new layout/feed is totally useless. Auto sign out after however long means having to remember to turn OFF the family filter when signing back in..just link the option to the account ffs. If you wanted people to stop using it - then mission accomplished. We get it, minimal site design is IN - but in this case it means minimal account options to enhance our viewing experience. Cannot be bothered with it anymore.

luigip9
12/21/17

I can't upload to the site. I signed in, and it doesn't display my avatar or my information. Where is the upload button? Do I have to be a bloody partner to upload? I am not interested in monetation, I uload only for fun.

annettem56
11/28/17

This used to be a great sight for catching up with the soaps, but now, its difficult to navigate, and the response you get to any option you choose is you must sign in, you must sign in, you must sign in....this includes simply choosing the full screen option. It is the most annoying site, the search tool brings up random videos that are not related to anything you are searching for, a pure waste of time. It used to be great but since the "new look" site, its nothing but a nuisance. I won't be bothering with it.

laurat28
11/12/17

Navigating the site used to be a bit of a challenge but I was able to at least view all my subscriptions recent uploads in one page. But with the redesign they not only manged to make the site even less functional than it was before, they decided to remove a bunch of features. When I go to "For You" it shows me only a couple of videos that my subscriptions have uploaded and a bunch of video it thinks I want to watch. I can't figure out how to view ONLY my subscription uploads like in the past where they used to have a feed like page for that.

pb94
10/10/17

They claim to have one of our pamphlets, Medicare Wars, A Radical New Approach in pdf - which it was never published in. Therefore I can only assume they've scanned it and put up a pdf for 'free' in order to get people to subscribe to their site. It is copyrighted so this is clearly infringement. Don't deal with this site in any fashion.

patrickd62
8/24/17

Forgot my detailed ratings. Im glad im not the only one who hate this site. It's useless and it's better for the world to remove Dailymotion from the internet.

Tip for consumers: I do not recommend this site to other people.

morganah
8/17/17

I uploaded a video, using a song that wasn't mine.. I included the info on the song, as well as where to retrieve the original.
I received a copy-write claim. I received a notice that I had to remove the video or reply to the email within 24hrs or the video would be blocked.
Ok, I understand this, and had that been the case, I would have gladly removed the video, after saving it, since it took a lot of work, and my hardcopy of it was lost in a pc crash.
However, the notice was sent to me 40 mins before I was able to read it, I used the link provided to retrieve my video, and it had already been blocked.
It wasn't even an hour, let alone 24...
Now my video is lost.
I understand the copy-write issue even though I did not monetize the video, nor was I gaining any monies..
However, this website is FAMOUS for hosting ripped movies, and TV shows.. There are THOUSANDS of videos where people use popular songs.. and yet, they attacked MINE?
And then, broke their own rules by not allowing me to retrieve it, in the allotted time?
DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE!
I will never again use it, and I am having my children take their videos down.
We are moving over to Vimeo.

Tip for consumers: Run. Run away NOW.. Pass go, collect your monies, and find another place.

stefaniam4
8/10/17

Dailymotion has a new layout. However, signing out or any minor detail such as uninstalling and reinstalling a browser causes it to switch back to the old lame dead tired layout. Shouldn't the NEW layout REMAIN. There are NO instructions on how to switch from the old layout to the new one and I have no idea why I CANNOT access the new layout and KEEP it.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

What do you mean you cant watch any videos, can you be more specific ?

By CHRISTOPHER E.

Get Adblock -- free download software -- will improve things immensely.

By j b.

Dailymotion is big SCAM. Dailymotion only show paid in report but not paid in reality. BIG BIG BIG SCAM IS DAILYMOTION. $#*! DAILYMOTION. I'll STRIKE AGAINST DAILYMOTION TO BAN. in different of forums.

By usman s.

Questions? Get answers from the DailyMotion staff and other customers.

1 Photo for DailyMotion