Review of dabs.com

Tel: 0800 917 0510
assistance@dabs.com

syzr
4/6/18

They stealed me 14 dollars. Why they use a meme for the name. Dabbing is better to do and less expensive.

lukasz12
12/4/15

Apparently they lost my order. I waited for 9 days for it to arrive calling them multiple times the days before and in the end they just told me it was lost and a new one will have to be sent so I just asked for a refund..... It took them 9 days to realise it was lost... terrible service and will not be ordering from them ever again.

thess5
11/5/15

Skip Dabs. All good wen no problems but then wen u have a fault they will fob u off. I now have a faulty item and out of pocket. Thats not customer service and no fault of my own. Whats that all about.

lodewijkb
9/1/15

So far no complains, mt first order was in the morning and i get my items when i got home the same day!

I now have placed a new order and it's been a few days, according to the track and trace it should be with me today or tomorrow.

My third order was placed yesterday morning and i had to cancel 1 item that was not in stock (and really i changed my mind) but it seemed it was as the site is updated right away and i can see the item as 1 in stock.
Items are still on processing.

So far i had no need to contact customer support but i did sent them an email with a question a week ago and still no response, i think their customer support is really not in a good spot.

So it's 5 stars for delivery and speed only i'm taking 1 star for their customer support.

daved48
5/21/15

Scam artists. Took money but didn't ship. Now won't refund my money. Slimeballs. Taking someone's money without their permission is robbery in my book.

danielh76
4/22/15

I found the voucher code on their own website which for £40 online that didn't work so I contacted customer support on the 14th to ask for help. After 2 days they replied saying that they have none to give and there were no plans to release a new one. Therefore on the 16th I bought my laptop, then on the 18th I saw they had voucher codes on there website for the exact same amount of £40.

I therefore contacted customer support via e-mail explaining that I thought it was very bad practice to lie to a customer just to earn an extra £40. Although they admitted that they could understand how I felt they said they wouldn't do anything. I then called them because I found it ridiculous and very bad practice to customers. I was told the same thing as I was told in the e-mail so I asked to speak to a manager to which the answer of course was "he is busy". I then requested a call back on my number to which he assured me would happen. However as you can guess I still haven't received any call from them (going on 2 days now)

This is a terrible way to run a company, it seems they are all about short term gain rather than getting a good reputation and gaining a long term repeat customer.

I have two good friends that were also looking to purchase laptops from this company and now they said that they will be looking elsewhere if this is how customers are to be treated.

bernardl14
1/4/15

Recieved computer in good time very little paper work not sure the spec is the same for the one ordered. Website stated there was a £30 cash back with the computer have not received it. Contacted dabs asking how to get this cashback but have not received a reply. Contacted lenovo the manufacturer got details submitted claim but no reply. After sales service very poor

tomc64
8/30/14

Bad delivery management, customer service were OK to deal with, but accounts were awful.
Just cancelled an order for a laptop, 12 days after it was meant be processed. Now have to try and get my money back. The part was meant to ship direct from the manufacturer, but there was no sign of the delivery after 6 days, so I started chasing it. It turned out they needed to change suppliers, or they had called it from their warehouse and direct from not the supplier. finally got a part available after 10 days, but they messed up the payment transfer, The bank has transferred the money from my account, but they can't use it because they already used up the authorisation code. They asked me to pay again to get the part, and I would get the first payment back. :-).

carlh26
1/28/14

I have placed an order for a router on the 16th of December 2013 when it said on the website that it was in stock. I have now cancelled the order today on the 28/01/2014. Still says "processing" on the website.
Can concur with others that they used to be good a few years ago but are rubbish now. What a shame. That was the last time ever of DABS for me.

rickh44
12/23/13

Awful - they need to tell customers the item is not in stock when it is ordered. One month on, no goods, no explanation - cancelled order - avoid like the plague. Honestly I cannot fathom how rubbish DABS are compared to four years ago - they were brilliant then!

rachelm18
8/18/13

This is an okay website. It looks professional, so that helps.

roberts73
8/16/12

On Tuesday I made an order on the Dabs website. I can't remember when exactly but I'm fairly sure it was in the very early afternoon.

At 6PM after I'd finished for the day I receive an email saying that my card has been declined (it turned out my bank wanted to check I had really made this purchase). I thought it was *very* strange that my card was declined *hours* after I made the order... why was it not processed immediately as it is on all other online retailer websites?

On Wednesday morning at 11AM I followed the instructions in the email and asked them to resubmit the transaction on my card. Yet they did nothing.

This morning I called customer services and was told that no one had acted on my Wednesday request. Rather exasperated I asked for them to just resubmit it now, but I was told that this was impossible because the people who do that don't get in to the office until the afternoon!!

On any other website this would have all been resolved on Tuesday as it would have happened automatically. Dabs it seems prefers to have people type in people's card details by hand? Is that right? Does that mean they record people's CCV2 numbers? And why is it that the people who process their transactions don't even work full time? This is atrocious.

My order was processed finally at about 5PM, a full three days longer than it would have taken at any retailer like Amazon.

I did make a complaint on their website. They deleted part of my post, then took the time to explain that I'm not allowed to mention Amazon... yet they never bothered to answer any of the criticisms above, or apologise and say how they're going to improve.

Everyone should avoid Dabs.

jamesh22
5/26/11

Beyond awful. I've been dealing with them for a long time without problems but my latest order has gone seriously awry. They basically don't offer customer service. Emails take an average of a week for a response which is usually along the lines of "We'll get back to you soon". No phone number.

If everything works, the prices are reasonable but if it goes wrong, you are out of luck. Never again for me.

nialls
3/30/11

Absolutely terrible service. I ordered a laptop on the basis that they would have and ship in in 1-2 days. A week later, the site displayed the same message. I wrote them an email asking about it & they told me that they had no idea when it would be available.
The site has the same message today.

Do not buy from this site.

vanb
3/7/11

dabs are OK, but their customer service ain't great. I ordered a PC from them, it never came, I rang them up and they said it had been delivered...it hadn't. To be fair they did sort it out in the end, but it wasn't the best customer service experience I've ever had :)

Questions? Get answers from the dabs.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for dabs.com