Currys Ltd

Currys Ltd has a consumer rating of 1.35 stars from 40 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Currys Ltd most frequently mention customer service problems. Currys Ltd ranks 99th among Appliance sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Massive customer service queues so struggling to get through by phone or internet.
How would you rate Currys Ltd?

“Awesome steam iron”

Rajesh B.
1/7/19

ThE new handheld Phillips steam iron is awesome you can. Literally get clothes ready for wear without fuss

“Worst experience ever”

Richard O.
2/23/21

Very poor service. Avoid at all cost. Also whatever you do don't order anything online from these Jokers just shop anywhere else. They literally couldn't have done more wrong. Took almost a year for ME to sort it out and what did I get for all the hours and hours and hours of MY time? £10. That's it £10. At one point I was suicidal because of there actions and they give me £10.

customer service (12)
richardo864
February 23rd, 2021

At one point I was suicidal because of there actions and they give me £10.

Just dont

Nintendo switch

normanq5
December 16th, 2020

Ordered an item online received email confirmation and receipt of purchase.
I made a phone call to Currys asking what has happened to my purchase, answer, no availability out of stock and no idea when it would be in stock.
An absolute disgraceful retailer.
I'm considering contacting Trade Standards for misleading marketing and for click baiting potential customers.

johnw3591
January 14th, 2021

Ordered a Samsung Galaxy tablet in time for a Christmas delivery. Paid for it online and waited... and waited... and waited. Tried to contact them but this proved almost impossible - with over 30 in telephone queues.
They failed to contact me - despite them having my email & phone contact details. Now, almost a MONTH later, I braved the long queue & finally spoke to an employee. He informed me that the model was out of stock & would have to be re-ordered. No wonder I cancelled on the spot. Dreadful customer service. Will never deal with them again.

AVOID like the plague!

Products used:
NONE! Tried to buy a Samsung Galaxy tablet but Currys failed to deliver 4 weeks later: told me it was out of stock & I would have to re-order.

marias1451
February 8th, 2021

They sent me a broken laptop and will need up to 3 weeks to replace it and who knows if and what I'll receive after that time considering other customers' reviews. Needless to say, customer sercvice is ridiculously hard to reach and asympathetic. I will never put myself through the frustration of buying anything from them again.

Tip for consumers:
Save yourselves the frustration of dealing with Currys faulty products and poor customer service

Products used:
No products, as the laptop I ordered arrived cracked

geoffg254
January 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

One star is way too much but no option for a zero rating. Bought and paid for fridge/freezer online only to find no stock available on delivery day. Promised refund (advised 5-10 day wait) After 5 days Currys emailed to say order being processed even though they cancelled it. Had bought from Argos in the meantime. (Great service by the way - here in 2 days) Another few hours on Currys live chat, original cancellation not done correctly by Currys staff, but still no stock anyway. Cancelled again so now an even longer wait for refund. Taking and holding money for items you do not have available is dishonest and fraudulent trading. PLEASE AVOID CURRYS AT ALL COSTS

Fridge/Freezer

matts941
December 18th, 2020

Awful. Ordered a tumble drier, they took the money and one month later we've heard nothing. Massive customer service queues so struggling to get through by phone or internet. Wish we'd bought elsewhere, will never buy from them again.

sashd1
September 8th, 2020

Staff didn't comply with their own Covid-19 protection policy they published to assure customers by ensuring their staff wore masks and gloves in my home when delivering my washing machine- I had to self-quarantine as a result, cancelling my plans for another 14 days during which time I was stressed and anxious about the impact they caused due to breaching government guidelines and their own policy! This was two members of delivery staff, not just one. Currys took 61 days(!) to respond to the complaint made in July, at which point they didn't even apologise for the stress, anxiety, or inconvenience their negligent staff had caused to me by me having to cancel plans and to self-isolate, all while hoping their staff didn't transmit coronavirus to me (after being to 19 other homes before mine that day!). They don't care, plain and simple - no apology and no compensation for the inconvenience caused. This was after I paid them almost £300 for the convenience! Shockingly poor customer service despite complaining to the CEO Alex Baldock! Their staff wiped his gloves on his sweaty face and put it on my counter top - knocked my utensil off the wall and touched with his bare hand of the floor back to the rack, and I had to wash all utensils - just purely unhygienic and they breached their own rules about how to protect customers. Not just awful, but ABYSMAL service, negligent and a total lack of consideration or respect for customers' during a viral pandemic. They cannot understand what the issue is and just say they'll look into it with their staff. This really isn't good enough after 5 weeks. Disappointing ethics Alex Baldock, very disappointing. I am more than happy for any media to contact me about this experience.

samanthad243
December 2nd, 2020

Placed an order for delivery to store. It was due the next day but now a week later has still not arrived. I cannot speak to anyone, no correspondence from currys at all and store refusing to refund... theft, please avoid! Do not trust the currys name

thomasp1097
February 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

I bought a laptop which was faulty. They were quick to get the laptop back for an exchange but then took them 2 weeks for even process the return. Finally when they had sorted the return out and after 2 phone calls to their support team. Their support team was either really helpful or really rude. Plus they promised that I'd have a new laptop on the way by the end of the week when I called the 2nd time. Their email then informed me they no longer had the product in stock and was told to find a new laptop of the same price. This was a laptop was which had very high spec for its price and nothing compared to it for the price I paid for it. They then told me I had to wait 2 days for a refund to be processed, followed by 3/5 working days for the refund to come through.
For such a big company their exchange process is far too long, their customer service is generally poor and their refund process can only be described as a joke. I'll never buy from this company again and am so angry because I've had to go over a month without a laptop during the middle of school term when all work has to be set online. Thanks for making what was already a tough term even harder Currys.

mollyc179
February 1st, 2021

Ordered a fridge and when I placed the order I could chose which day I wanted it to come. I took a whole day off work as it was 7am - 7pm, it got to 6:55 and it had not been delivered yet. I went online and tracked the delivery and it stated it would not be delivered until 3 days after the date I chose to be delivered on! Baring in mind I took a day off work and no one would be in the house that day! I went to use the customer service to explain this and they were so rude! They were implying I was a liar and didn't chose a day, like I would make it up that I chose a day for it to be delivered! Will not be using curry's again!

Fridge

allisonr78
January 28th, 2020

Stay away from this people, they try their best to scamm your money, since I bought a computer they were taking £6 every month for no reason. I realized that after 6 month when I checked the bank statement.

benm513
December 9th, 2020

Missed the delivery, can't contact them, I have no money and no item which I need. Unsure what to do. Just want it its just so bad...

marcelp26
December 12th, 2020

I bought an integrated fridge freezer and I was told I needed a reversible door kit for installation (despite previous advice from customer services), I paid for the kit over the phone but couldn't arrange delivery as was given the wrong number. Have tried numerous methods to get in touch: webchat, phone, Twitter, Facebook, email etc but cannot get hold of anyone to sort this out.
Initially, jsut wanted Currys to fulfill their order but now I want my money back for the fridge freezer and money back for the reversible door kit.

stuartyd
March 20th, 2018

Bought a sound bar form currys but it wasnt as good as I thought - got it home and used it for a few dsys - tried to take it back but couldnt due to it being opened. Should have read the t&c

jonk197
September 17th, 2020

I have used Currys regularly in the past but WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.
If things go to plan they are fine, unfortunately it seems if you have a problem they are inflexible and incompetent. I ordered a food mixer in July, they sent a different colour to the one ordered so I returned the item to be replaced by the correct one. They lost the return and it took weeks for them to find it and many phone calls, each in a long queue to be answered. It then transpired that the ordered mixer was out of stock - perhaps why they sent a different one originally. We were given various delivery dates that came and went so with no hard timescale for delivery we asked if we could change the colour to one they had in stock. Absolutely not was the response, because the price had changed since we ordered - even though the colour we would have accepted was actually now a lower price than the one ordered. I asked to speak to a manager - this was blocked by the customer service rep who said she knew the manager also wouldn't be able to change the colour of the mixer. We were told the mixer would be dispatched automatically once it came back into stock - the website now shows stock but still no communication from Currys and no mixer. I wrote to the CEO twice - no response.
I'm writing this as yet again I wait in the Currys phone queue - its now 17th September and nearly two months since I placed the order. Going forwards I will spend my call waiting time writing negative reviews - at least I get something productive out of it. I won't be using Curry's ever again - I learned my lesson. With their approach to customer service its surely only a matter of time before they go bust and people like me waiting for resolution of a simple issue lose their money.

stefanod22
July 23rd, 2020

I bought a washer-dryer and when it came it was damaged, so I had to send it back. I've also bought the removal of the old washing machine service. Please note that they removed the old one, still working, BEFORE they checked the new one, which turned out to be damaged.
They assured me that the replacement washer-dryer would have been delivered the day after, but instead the day after they confirmed they will deliver in 4 days, leaving me without washing machine for days.
As soon as you buy, they bombard you with emails to review your purchase BEFORE you receive it, so if you review then you really don't know what you are reviewing this obviously prevent them from getting bad reviews as people didn't have a chance to experience their extremely poor service.

Absolute disgrace, go somewhere else as they are terrible.

Order number: *******659

ianl134
June 28th, 2020

The worst customer service system known to man.
Useless IT system that only allows customers to log on and spend money, everything else has to be done by phone and no one answers phone.

ingal13
January 15th, 2021

I bough build in oven online and wanted to do return. The online system doesnt work, because when I filled up return form, they didnt confirm anything, just sent an email and asked for additional info. The webchat system transfered to one of their adviser Syed. He requested me to contact Bosh and get uplift number. I contacted Bosh and they laughted, they said if product is new/unused, I need to contact Currys and arange the refund. I would never ever buy anything from Currys. Wery dissapointing me.

Tip for consumers:
I am not going to use this site ever

Bosh oven

janer288
May 27th, 2020

Item not delivered, no way of contacting Currys. So no item and no refund. Customer Service is a disgrace and I will never shop at Currys again

rajeshb14
January 7th, 2019

stephenc38
January 27th, 2021

Expensive Samsung Active 2 Watch bought for my Wife as a Christmas Present. Numerous faults all of which are commonly reported on numerous websites. These were not seen before purchase and I believed the glowing recommendations on Currys website of the watch.

The watch was bought in advance of Christmas, but was not opened until Christmas Day.

Currys are impossible to contact for an item purchased more than 30 days previously, so a Resolver Case has been started. - I informed Currys via Messenger of the Resolver Case, and was told that there is a four week delay in responding to these cases. - Regardless of Covid-19, that is simply unacceptable, particularly for an expensive item!

ellenb51
October 16th, 2020

If there was a way to give these fraudsters -100 rating, I would do just that. They are thieves and fraudsters and I am in the process of lodging a forma complaint with the ombudsman for their blatant attempt to steal my £99.

I purchased a stereo online which I collected with 3 major components missing, rendering the product useless. I arranged collection and replacement and that has been a nightmare since. They have colluded with the other fraudsters, DPD who keep lying they have been attempting recollection 4 times now and the package hasn't been ready for collection.

While they have failed me continually, they have refused to refund my money. It's about to turn bloody with these fraudsters because by the time I'm done with them they will know not to mess with me.

Their big name means nothing! It's simply a cover for FRAUD and SCAMMING customers.

THIEVES! THIEVES! THIEVES! DISHONEST THIEVES AND A FRAUDULENT WAY OF CONDUCTING BUSINESS WITH UNSUSPECTING CUSTOMERS.

charlien36
December 15th, 2020

They have faulty payment system and they just keep on using it. I have been charged 2 times for the same item. There was fault during payment, i have been asked to make payment again, i was assured that 1st try did not go through, assured by sales person and manager. I was astonished when find out at home when checking my account that payment went through. My account was charged 2 times. Went back to shop ( 20 min drive) had to stay in queue another 40 minutes because this is costumer service matter and was told i will get refund in 7 days. This is crazy, why i need to wait 7 days, i am lucky this was only 60£ this could be 350 or 400 and it would be treated same way, wait 7 days for refund. This would effect my spending on my family during Christmas, but Currys dont care, wait 7 days and if you lucky you get money back

davide1149
September 22nd, 2020

Dreadful company, they collected my TV 3 weeks ago from today which is the 07/09/2020, only updates they sent are 3 texts saying being dealt with.

Phoning up is a waste of time unless you want to hold for an hour or more, holding while I am typing this - Some chance of any reply.

The Team Knowhow up date link is useless, when I did get through on the phone over a week ago someone informed me that it had been updated incorrectly, can you believe it and since then it says the same thing, NO amendments.

I phoned after the Teamknow link said -

- We need a quick catch up

We have a query about your repair. Please call our UK Contact Centre on *******234.

There is btw NO email contact or NO Live chat.

This from a company that I have a 5 years guarantee with. Will never buy anything from them ever again!

Zero stars for simply not caring about their customers in the slightest, they take your money and run.
####

Update 22/09/2020!

Recall first contacted Currys mid August, they then collected my TV 2 days later.

Since then after many times of trying to get in touch through their only way *******234 (read NO Live Chat and NO email) you are put on constant hold, while typing this up to now it's been 38 minutes.

Finally a Richard from Team Knownothing phoned at 13:47 9th of September, I've kept the recording. Richard stated my TV was not repairable and that a coupon would be with me in 3 to 5 working days, YES it's the 22nd as I type this can you believe it?

You can see why this company has 1 star, it's totally useless, Amazon P all over them, Currys just tell you lies lies and more lies. They make Trump look honest...

Do not buy from Currys is my advice, now 49 minutes on the phone and NOTHING.

amandan293
August 13th, 2020

Do not buy ANYTHING from currys... incompetent & zero cust servc. So far currys have had our money for 6wks, hours of our time wasted and STILL waiting for collection of battered microwave/oven and no refund recieved.

* 01/07/20 ordered combi microwave oven

* recieved text delayed making delivery 5 wks

* 06/08/20 item delivered with 8" dent in back

* phoned cust service (long time on hold) told 8 in stock and would send replacement in a week, & conf email would be sent

* offered to return and collect via store but told we couldn't as was ordered online!?

* no email recieved

* spoke on webchat was told to phone cust service to arrange delivery date, and to click on conversation for transcript of chat to be sent

* no transcript recieved

* phoned cust service, after 40mins on hold they hung up

* phoned cust service 2x never got through

* emailed cust service, complaints, and ceo... no reply except to say emails not monitored

* spoke on webchat, confirmed replacement ordered but no date and would be contacted within 5 days to arrange delivery

* no contact recieved

* 12/08/20 phoned cust service, finally got a good adviser with some skill, was told no replacement had been ordered just collection without date, and they jow have no stock, no refund offered until old unit is returned. Cancelled order.

* Checked website, still showing available to order online and in store.

* told no refund until faulty item is collected on 15/08/20 and then takes time to be processed!

* went online ordered same item from appliances direct, 15hrs later it is here, fine and installed.

Moral of story: buy from ANYWHERE ELSE!

RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT! They SHOULD have contacted me but didn't... I tried on numerous occasions & finally succeeded... wish I hadn't bothered as they told me the item I had paid for was out of stock & I would have to re-order - some FOUR WEEKS later.

By John W.