Currys Ltd

Currys Ltd has a consumer rating of 1.46 stars from 24 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Currys Ltd also ranks 88th among Appliance sites. The most common issues with Currys Ltd are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Customer Service is a disgrace and I will never shop at Currys again
  • I've also bought the removal of the old washing machine service.
How would you rate Currys Ltd?

“Awesome steam iron”

Rajesh B.
1/7/19

ThE new handheld Phillips steam iron is awesome you can. Literally get clothes ready for wear without fuss

“Awful 'customer service'”

Sash D.
9/8/20

Staff didn't comply with their own Covid-19 protection policy they published to assure customers by ensuring their staff wore masks and gloves in my home when delivering my washing machine- I had to self-quarantine as a result, cancelling my plans for another 14 days during which time I was stressed and anxious about the impact they caused due to breaching government guidelines and their own policy! This was two members of delivery staff, not just one. Currys took 61 days(!) to respond to the complaint made in July, at which point they didn't even apologise for the stress, anxiety, or inconvenience their negligent staff had caused to me by me having to cancel plans and to self-isolate, all while hoping their staff didn't transmit coronavirus to me (after being to 19 other homes before mine that day!). They don't care, plain and simple - no apology and no compensation for the inconvenience caused. This was after I paid them almost £300 for the convenience! Shockingly poor customer service despite complaining to the CEO Alex Baldock! Their staff wiped his gloves on his sweaty face and put it on my counter top - knocked my utensil off the wall and touched with his bare hand of the floor back to the rack, and I had to wash all utensils - just purely unhygienic and they breached their own rules about how to protect customers. Not just awful, but ABYSMAL service, negligent and a total lack of consideration or respect for customers' during a viral pandemic. They cannot understand what the issue is and just say they'll look into it with their staff. This really isn't good enough after 5 weeks. Disappointing ethics Alex Baldock, very disappointing. I am more than happy for any media to contact me about this experience.

customer service (12) machine (5)
sashd1
September 8th, 2020
allisonr78
January 28th, 2020
Stay away from this people, they try their best to scamm your money, since I bought a computer they were taking £6 every month for no reason. I realized that after 6 month when I checked the bank statement.
rajeshb14
January 7th, 2019
jonk197
September 17th, 2020
I have used Currys regularly in the past but WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.
If things go to plan they are fine, unfortunately it seems if you have a problem they are inflexible and incompetent. I ordered a food mixer in July, they sent a different colour to the one ordered so I returned the item to be replaced by the correct one. They lost the return and it took weeks for them to find it and many phone calls, each in a long queue to be answered. It then transpired that the ordered mixer was out of stock - perhaps why they sent a different one originally. We were given various delivery dates that came and went so with no hard timescale for delivery we asked if we could change the colour to one they had in stock. Absolutely not was the response, because the price had changed since we ordered - even though the colour we would have accepted was actually now a lower price than the one ordered. I asked to speak to a manager - this was blocked by the customer service rep who said she knew the manager also wouldn't be able to change the colour of the mixer. We were told the mixer would be dispatched automatically once it came back into stock - the website now shows stock but still no communication from Currys and no mixer. I wrote to the CEO twice - no response.
I'm writing this as yet again I wait in the Currys phone queue - its now 17th September and nearly two months since I placed the order. Going forwards I will spend my call waiting time writing negative reviews - at least I get something productive out of it. I won't be using Curry's ever again - I learned my lesson. With their approach to customer service its surely only a matter of time before they go bust and people like me waiting for resolution of a simple issue lose their money.
stefanod22
July 23rd, 2020
I bought a washer-dryer and when it came it was damaged, so I had to send it back. I've also bought the removal of the old washing machine service. Please note that they removed the old one, still working, BEFORE they checked the new one, which turned out to be damaged.
They assured me that the replacement washer-dryer would have been delivered the day after, but instead the day after they confirmed they will deliver in 4 days, leaving me without washing machine for days.
As soon as you buy, they bombard you with emails to review your purchase BEFORE you receive it, so if you review then you really don't know what you are reviewing this obviously prevent them from getting bad reviews as people didn't have a chance to experience their extremely poor service.

Absolute disgrace, go somewhere else as they are terrible.

Order number: *******659
ianl134
June 28th, 2020
The worst customer service system known to man.
Useless IT system that only allows customers to log on and spend money, everything else has to be done by phone and no one answers phone.
ayshad
June 9th, 2017
I bought a Belling range cooker from currys and was initially pleased but after only having it for just over a year during which it's been well looked after, one of the knobs suddenly split apart whilst the oven was in use. Contacted currys who put us through to Belling who said it's not our problem because a year is up, you'll have to pay for it. Ok I'll pay for it, I have no choice really, but I think a cooker costing upwards of £800 should last for longer than a year before bits start falling off it!
janer288
May 27th, 2020
Item not delivered, no way of contacting Currys. So no item and no refund. Customer Service is a disgrace and I will never shop at Currys again
amandan293
August 13th, 2020
Do not buy ANYTHING from currys... incompetent & zero cust servc. So far currys have had our money for 6wks, hours of our time wasted and STILL waiting for collection of battered microwave/oven and no refund recieved.

* 01/07/20 ordered combi microwave oven

* recieved text delayed making delivery 5 wks

* 06/08/20 item delivered with 8" dent in back

* phoned cust service (long time on hold) told 8 in stock and would send replacement in a week, & conf email would be sent

* offered to return and collect via store but told we couldn't as was ordered online!?

* no email recieved

* spoke on webchat was told to phone cust service to arrange delivery date, and to click on conversation for transcript of chat to be sent

* no transcript recieved

* phoned cust service, after 40mins on hold they hung up

* phoned cust service 2x never got through

* emailed cust service, complaints, and ceo... no reply except to say emails not monitored

* spoke on webchat, confirmed replacement ordered but no date and would be contacted within 5 days to arrange delivery

* no contact recieved

* 12/08/20 phoned cust service, finally got a good adviser with some skill, was told no replacement had been ordered just collection without date, and they jow have no stock, no refund offered until old unit is returned. Cancelled order.

* Checked website, still showing available to order online and in store.

* told no refund until faulty item is collected on 15/08/20 and then takes time to be processed!

* went online ordered same item from appliances direct, 15hrs later it is here, fine and installed.

Moral of story: buy from ANYWHERE ELSE!
davidw1047
November 7th, 2019
• Updated review
Having been in retail now for about twenty years I know the value of good customer service. In my experience this does not seem to be happening with this company. I have had an issue about a Samsung SM-T510 computer tablet since the beginning of October 2019. One month on there has been no resolution with this matter. Indeed using 'Resolver' the replies just keep repeating themselves when a different person from their 'Team knowhow' takes over. My local Currys PCWorld store also offered little help with this matter. I do not think that I will be venturing into a Currys PCWorld store again in the future.
"Samsung SM-T510 tablet computer, not fit for some purposes. Continued.
October 22nd, 2019
• Previous review
I contacted Currys Customer Service who asked me for the details of my purchase and then told me that "Stores operate independently" and there was nothing that they could do. I would need to visit or contact the store, (Currys PC World in the City of Bath), for assistance. I duly did as they suggested only to be told that there was nothing that they could do and I would have to contact Currys Customer Service. To avoid getting 'giddy' I left the store.
johns1805
November 4th, 2017
After being delighted with Kenwood Products, purchased a Kenwood Microwave. On trying to register warranty, Kenwwod informed me they did not manufacture this Microwave, or have anything to do with it. It is manufactuered by Currys under Licence.
Really disappointed, quality not as Good. Currys agreed with Kenwood, and said the Warranty was my Receipt. NO mention anywhere that it was not a Kenwood Product. Disgusted.
peterh112
March 7th, 2016
Logik television, Currys own brand, completely broke down after barely 14 months.
The local store where I bought it were not interested in looking at it, and told me to email customer services in Harlow, who I was told would reply in 24 to 48 hours.
Nine days later and following reminders they still have not dealt with it. Appalling.
maryonj
September 6th, 2018
I ordered a washing machine from Curry's and paid for Next Day delivery as it was an emergency. Towards the end of the delivery slot I received a call from the delivery people saying that they weren't going to be able to deliver to me, or to two other people in the locality, as they'd brought a van that was too large. A LOGISTICS company which doesn't work out what size of van to bring!

No one got back to me to tell me what was being done to resolve the problem and, when I looked at the tracking details again, I found the 'Next Day' delivery had been rescheduled for two days later(!).

I rang Curry's 'Customer Service' and - after a very long wait and lots of 'Press 1 for this, 2 for that' nonsense - got through to a unhelpful and 'broken record' type who wasn't about to give any customer any service if he could help it. He said that I couldn't have a refund until the washing machine (which, of course, I had never even seen let alone had in my possession) was returned to Curry's.

Never again.

Save yourself a lot of agony and don't shop with Curry's.

07/09/18 Update:
Curry's Customer Service seem to have a problem understanding "Cancel the order and issue a refund immediately" as, today, I was contacted by Curry's logistics company to ask for details so they could deliver the washing machine on Saturday (that would be for a Next Day delivery order placed on Wednesday...). I told the logistics company that the order was cancelled. They said that they could cancel the order on their behalf but that I would have to contact the Currys Customer Services people to cancel the order (again).

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever subject myself to contact the Currys Customer Service people again, so I e-mailed the CEO (Alexander Baldock). Within a few minutes I received a telephone call from someone obviously paid to intercept these e-mails. This person was blandly apologetic but nothing more - no help, no offer of compensation for the huge amount of wasted time and unnecessary stress Currys has caused me - nothing. Even the refund which I was assured has now been issued will, apparently, take 3-5 working days so that hasn't even been rushed through. How sorry are they? They're not - Currys couldn't care less about its customers.
harmans1
February 10th, 2015
Really dreadful experience. They said I could get a refund, but then they absolutely refused to do so.
jasond65
September 28th, 2015
Love Currys, such great prices. Have purchased quite a lot from Currys recently and they have constantly been best on price, by a mile. Good products, good service & good communication. 10/10
rakeshg1
January 9th, 2015
If you buy anything from them, you deserve their service. Rude and arrogant and have no product information at all

Don't think their sister business PC World is nay better.

At least Comet was cheaper than them and you did not expect a service.

Great for browsing but not product information but go and buy at John Lewis
annettel29
September 22nd, 2017
Had problems with them before, thought it was a one-off. Ha! Ordered an integrated dishwasher on 19th July 17, paid £44 for fitting and £15 for removal of old one. Came on 22nd as promised, great, until they came in with the machine...'can't fit this love, it's integrated, they should have sent a specialist team'. They phoned office and re-booked for following day, a Sunday, so I cancelled my arrangements to stay in for them. They came, looked at it, then ' Can't fit that today, it needs an extension pipe'. 'Ok' says I, I'll go and get one, Screwfix just down the road, no more than 15 mins, by the time you have the old one out and new one unwrapped, I'll be back'. ' Can't do that, have to be re-booked'. 'WHAT?' says I, crikey, when? ( In fairness here, the first day I could be there and they could do it was 5th August!) Re-booked', I go and get said pipe and have it ready for 5th. They come, they fit, they go, at last, great! The machine will be ready for my new Tenant, and we continued to refurbish the flat. A week or so later I put the cooker bits in to give them a good wash, my builder was there, luckily, as water going all over the oak flooring! He easily traced the fault. No jubilee clip on end of the pipe, it was sitting on the window cill, funilly enough it wasn't working from there, so we cleaned up, clip on, sorted! A week or so later, still refurbishing, went under the sink, puddle of water, ahh, looks like the stop tap has failed, buy another one, builder went to fit it then realized that wasn't the problem. The pipe going onto it was only done up finger tight! Tightened it up, leak stopped. A while later, almost finished the refurbishing, just checking everything working ok before new Tenant moving in on 20th September, checking heating, washing machine, shower, and yes, the dishwasher. Oh dear, a leak! Again, in fairness, I supplied the extension pipe as they didn't have one and it appears to have a small hole or split, not sure until it's removed, but because we had fixed the previous two fitting errors, I called them, explained the whole scenario, and was told, ' don't worry, we will get someone out to fix it'. This couldn't be done before the Tenant moved in, but for the 25th September, my next day off, so as I love staying in so much waiting for repair men, this was booked, bearing in mind they had been told this whole scenario. I had a text message, confirming that someone would be coming on the 25th to 'assess'?! Assess, I thought, that doesn't sound like fix to me, so I phoned Curry's. I again gave the whole scenario, to two different people, and was told ' there's nothing booked for you on 25th'. After further digging, it transpires they had booked me someone to come and look at a faulty machine! NO! The machine is fine, nothing wrong with the machine, it's the fitting of machine! At this point I asked if I could lodge a further complaint and was told 'yes, here is the complaint number'. I then asked if I would be contacted by phone or by email and was told 'neither, it will be dealt with internally'. What fantastic service I thought, and said, to sympathetic Hussain in the Sheffield Contact Centre. I then asked who I could write to personally to complain and was told. Customer *******@currys.co.uk. But only dealt with internally'. I said goodbye to Hussain, phoned the Service 2000 number to cancel the 25th as would be a wasted journey for them as machine fine, only to find the office closed, so will have to phone them again tomorrow. Arghh! Hence, my rant on here, is it just me or am I just lucky? I have completely given up and have booked my builder, he is reliable, does a great job first time, on time and ' Can't do that love' is not part of his remit! If you have read this far without losing the will, please comment
vanessab35
December 21st, 2015
Made several purchases totalling £717 none of which I was informed would be out of stock. Delivery expected today instead got an email informing me of delays. Phoned up only to find my daughters laptop was out of stock everywhere except North Wales (i live in the Home Counties). The smart watch and two phones were also not in stock. Why sell me something that they dont have. I now have to wait 5 working days to get my money back and its just as well I have savings or my daughter would be present-less this xmas a fact i did point out to Curry's extremely unhelpful staff but that didnt seem to phase them. The Grinch is alive and well and teaching the currys staff to be anything but apologetic and helpful.

Merry christmas Currys
stephens66
February 22nd, 2015
I bought a tumble dryer from Currys... and it was delivered unwrapped. I made the mistake of signing for it, then discovered it was not only scratched but busted open at the seams due to presumably being dropped. I turned it on and the drum seized and filled the room with smoke. Called the returns number for Currys KnowHow delivery firm and was told I had to call the manufacturer for an engineer to come out and verify that the machine was faulty. Took another day off work to deal with the engineer who took one look and said it's falling apart it's been dropped. Made another long and frustrating call to Currys who appear to have set up a system of customer service designed solely to drive the customer to despair. Currys wouldn't take responsibility for the machine and nor did Indesit... Eventually Indesit called Currys to tell them the machine was damaged in transit and Curry's made an appointment to come to collect the machine. I had to take another day off and stay in for the collection... and they never turned up... and didn't call to tell me... I had to call them in the evening to find out what was going on. They picked up the machine some days later... a month later they still had not processed my refund. I had to call them on numerous occasions to chase up the refund... the refund was made after 6 wks but they made a mistake and I never got it... I called them again (each time waiting for at least 10mins for someone to answer) and they made another refund... again they made a mistake and I never got it. After two months I got through to a man who passed the case onto his manager as in his words, "it was getting a bit silly." I got the actual refund for a machine that almost burned my house down over two months after I'd told them it was delivered faulty. The customer service told me that the guys in the warehouse were delivering unwrapped goods in an attempt to speed up delivery with the result that a large number of goods were being returned having been damaged. The incompetence of this company left me in disbelief and massively frustrated and cost me days holiday and call bills. Never again will I do any business with that wretched company. The family favourite firm on the high street seems to have morphed into some sort of hideous incompetence ridden company from hell... from the warehouse where I guess the machine was dropped, careless and unwrapped delivery to a customer service that couldn't deal with a simple case of a returned item and refund. It staggers me, absolutely staggers me that this company is still in business.
alunl
December 29th, 2014
If you are thinking of buying an LG sound bar in a sale, don't go to Currys in Chichester!
I got one today after they told me it was compatible with my LG television, I get it home unpack it, turns out it's not, so I repack it and get in the truck and take it all the way back, to be confronted with the rudest little arse I've ever come across, who said if I didn't calm down I would have to go Portsmouth to get my money back as they didn't need this because his staff had had a hard day! Hard day? It's a shop! You have hard days on the buildings, and anyway as the assistant told me, "Its cheap because it's a couple of years old" £150 cheap?
I was led to believe it was cheap because it was in a sale, not because it was old and incompatible with a television of the same make which incidentally I bought in a sale a year ago in the same shop, and it transpires that it is so old no sound bar is compatible so what exactly is the truth Currys? And they should win a prize for arrogance and rudeness, talk about the customer being right, no not in Currys in Chichester,
sp883
January 17th, 2016
Bought headphones, to be delivered the following day. They never came. After trying to deal with customer service, writing several emails, going to the actual store a couple of times, and phoning them (all to no avail), I decided to email the CEO, Sebastian James.

You can find the email address on google (it is public).

On the same day, I received a phone call from the head office (exec team) with an apology and my immediate refund.

I am rating the second star only because of this call.
lisac107
June 3rd, 2015
Staff seem to think you're a bother if you need help or ask a question. Not good customer service but good range of products, however I wouldn't shop there again.
davide1149
September 22nd, 2020
Dreadful company, they collected my TV 3 weeks ago from today which is the 07/09/2020, only updates they sent are 3 texts saying being dealt with.

Phoning up is a waste of time unless you want to hold for an hour or more, holding while I am typing this - Some chance of any reply.

The Team Knowhow up date link is useless, when I did get through on the phone over a week ago someone informed me that it had been updated incorrectly, can you believe it and since then it says the same thing, NO amendments.

I phoned after the Teamknow link said -

- We need a quick catch up

We have a query about your repair. Please call our UK Contact Centre on *******234.

There is btw NO email contact or NO Live chat.

This from a company that I have a 5 years guarantee with. Will never buy anything from them ever again!

Zero stars for simply not caring about their customers in the slightest, they take your money and run.
####

Update 22/09/2020!

Recall first contacted Currys mid August, they then collected my TV 2 days later.

Since then after many times of trying to get in touch through their only way *******234 (read NO Live Chat and NO email) you are put on constant hold, while typing this up to now it's been 38 minutes.

Finally a Richard from Team Knownothing phoned at 13:47 9th of September, I've kept the recording. Richard stated my TV was not repairable and that a coupon would be with me in 3 to 5 working days, YES it's the 22nd as I type this can you believe it?

You can see why this company has 1 star, it's totally useless, Amazon P all over them, Currys just tell you lies lies and more lies. They make Trump look honest...

Do not buy from Currys is my advice, now 49 minutes on the phone and NOTHING.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No email contact Long hold times Spoke to 4 different advisers over a week and the last one told us the previous 3 advisers hadn't done what they told us.

By Amanda N.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Currys Ltd staff and other customers.

Massive Range of TVs, Washing Machines, Cookers, Cameras, Laptops, Tablets & more.? Free Home Delivery or? Reserve Online & Collect In-Store

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currys Ltd?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.5
Have a question about Currys Ltd?