Currys Ltd

Currys Ltd has a consumer rating of 1.45 stars from 55 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Currys Ltd most frequently mention customer service and next day problems. Currys Ltd ranks 85th among Appliance sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Massive customer service queues so struggling to get through by phone or internet.
How would you rate Currys Ltd?

“4 stars as item was damaged and delay in delivery”

Paul G.
10/9/21

Ordered a 65 inch tv arrived 3 days late leaving me having to take 3 days off work waiting each day on a delivery that never came while i dont fault currys for this as this is due to the DPD drivers i was shocked to find the stand for the tv was split in two forcing me to have to hang it off a wall. Called customer care and they had no replacement stands tv works fine and love the Oled vision but could of been better

“Printer with wrong cartridge included. Customer service extremely poor”

simon S.
8/1/21

Bought a Brother Laser printer from Chelmsford branch. It was a returned item from another shopper- but I was assured that the item had been thoroughly checked by staff before reselling. However someone put the wrong cartridge into the box. When I tried to get it sorted- the phone help-desk was hopeless. Need to travel 1hour back to the shop to get this sorted. All round a really poor experience.

customer service (16)
simons315
August 1st, 2021

richardo864
February 23rd, 2021

Very poor service. Avoid at all cost. Also whatever you do don't order anything online from these Jokers just shop anywhere else.

They literally couldn't have done more wrong. Took almost a year for ME to sort it out and what did I get for all the hours and hours and hours of MY time? £10. That's it £10.

At one point I was suicidal because of there actions and they give me £10.

Just dont

Nintendo switch

matts941
December 18th, 2020

Awful. Ordered a tumble drier, they took the money and one month later we've heard nothing. Massive customer service queues so struggling to get through by phone or internet. Wish we'd bought elsewhere, will never buy from them again.

normanq5
December 16th, 2020

Ordered an item online received email confirmation and receipt of purchase.
I made a phone call to Currys asking what has happened to my purchase, answer, no availability out of stock and no idea when it would be in stock.
An absolute disgraceful retailer.
I'm considering contacting Trade Standards for misleading marketing and for click baiting potential customers.

sokratiss
October 13th, 2021

The worst experience ever, I bought a Smeg kitchen which is faulty and I can't arrange an exchange. They keep saying they're going to send an email to exchange it but I'm still waiting for the email after 10 days. I keep phoning every day, same story. They are waiting for the order to reach day 30 so that I can't exchange it and they will then offer repair. They're terrible, $#*!en jockers - I'll never buy from Curry again!

Don’t buy!

johnw3591
January 14th, 2021

Ordered a Samsung Galaxy tablet in time for a Christmas delivery. Paid for it online and waited... and waited... and waited. Tried to contact them but this proved almost impossible - with over 30 in telephone queues.
They failed to contact me - despite them having my email & phone contact details. Now, almost a MONTH later, I braved the long queue & finally spoke to an employee. He informed me that the model was out of stock & would have to be re-ordered. No wonder I cancelled on the spot. Dreadful customer service. Will never deal with them again.

AVOID like the plague!

Products used:
NONE! Tried to buy a Samsung Galaxy tablet but Currys failed to deliver 4 weeks later: told me it was out of stock & I would have to re-order.

gillianw61
August 10th, 2021

I had trouble with my tablet, it wouldn't allow me to send photos on messenger. I called into P C World Corby Kara dealt me promptly and sorted the problem in no time at all. Thank you Kara ten out of ten

karenr2002
October 15th, 2021

Absolutely terrible service. I received a much cheaper oven (35% cheaper) than I paid for. I requested a refund and collection of the oven. After taking time off work to accommodate their time slots they have failed twice to pick it up and I still have not received a refund. I have made multiple calls, nearly all of which prematurely disconnect. After loss of time, loss of income and tremendous inconvenience to myself I am still providing storage for a product I did not purchase, in a property undergoing renovate - I have to protect it from tradesmen, tools, plaster, paint, etc. This is by far the worst service I have ever received from a company. They have no respect for the customer and their service reflects that.
My advice to Currys -
1. You need to employ staff who can go to the store room and bring the right product.
2. You need to own your mistakes and not expect to the customer to contort themselves into a cork screw in order to accommodate your screw ups.
3. You need a phone system that works.
4. You need to understand the basics of a sales contract - if the customer didn't get what they paid for, it's called FRAUD. You the company need to rectify it, not the customer.

marias1451
February 8th, 2021

They sent me a broken laptop and will need up to 3 weeks to replace it and who knows if and what I'll receive after that time considering other customers' reviews. Needless to say, customer sercvice is ridiculously hard to reach and asympathetic. I will never put myself through the frustration of buying anything from them again.

Tip for consumers:
Save yourselves the frustration of dealing with Currys faulty products and poor customer service

Products used:
No products, as the laptop I ordered arrived cracked

jayf528
September 16th, 2021

Pls be advised that whilst you may not be happy when you make your call to Currys we are not here to be swore at, insulted or threatened and I am not stupid either. Its also impossible to try and help when someone is screaming at you

matthewp775
October 15th, 2021

I paid extra for next delivery. I've been in all day and was watching the driver on the tracking system. They did not park at my building and no attempt was made to deliver the package, very disappointing

Tip for consumers:
dont pay for next day delivery

printer

stuartyd
March 20th, 2018

Bought a sound bar form currys but it wasnt as good as I thought - got it home and used it for a few dsys - tried to take it back but couldnt due to it being opened. Should have read the t&c

geoffg254
January 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

One star is way too much but no option for a zero rating. Bought and paid for fridge/freezer online only to find no stock available on delivery day. Promised refund (advised 5-10 day wait) After 5 days Currys emailed to say order being processed even though they cancelled it. Had bought from Argos in the meantime. (Great service by the way - here in 2 days) Another few hours on Currys live chat, original cancellation not done correctly by Currys staff, but still no stock anyway. Cancelled again so now an even longer wait for refund. Taking and holding money for items you do not have available is dishonest and fraudulent trading. PLEASE AVOID CURRYS AT ALL COSTS

Fridge/Freezer

paulg1194
October 9th, 2021

rajeshb14
January 7th, 2019

ThE new handheld Phillips steam iron is awesome you can. Literally get clothes ready for wear without fuss

sashd1
September 8th, 2020

Staff didn't comply with their own Covid-19 protection policy they published to assure customers by ensuring their staff wore masks and gloves in my home when delivering my washing machine- I had to self-quarantine as a result, cancelling my plans for another 14 days during which time I was stressed and anxious about the impact they caused due to breaching government guidelines and their own policy! This was two members of delivery staff, not just one. Currys took 61 days(!) to respond to the complaint made in July, at which point they didn't even apologise for the stress, anxiety, or inconvenience their negligent staff had caused to me by me having to cancel plans and to self-isolate, all while hoping their staff didn't transmit coronavirus to me (after being to 19 other homes before mine that day!). They don't care, plain and simple - no apology and no compensation for the inconvenience caused. This was after I paid them almost £300 for the convenience! Shockingly poor customer service despite complaining to the CEO Alex Baldock! Their staff wiped his gloves on his sweaty face and put it on my counter top - knocked my utensil off the wall and touched with his bare hand of the floor back to the rack, and I had to wash all utensils - just purely unhygienic and they breached their own rules about how to protect customers. Not just awful, but ABYSMAL service, negligent and a total lack of consideration or respect for customers' during a viral pandemic. They cannot understand what the issue is and just say they'll look into it with their staff. This really isn't good enough after 5 weeks. Disappointing ethics Alex Baldock, very disappointing. I am more than happy for any media to contact me about this experience.

samanthad243
December 2nd, 2020

Placed an order for delivery to store. It was due the next day but now a week later has still not arrived. I cannot speak to anyone, no correspondence from currys at all and store refusing to refund... theft, please avoid! Do not trust the currys name

jasond65
September 28th, 2015

Love Currys, such great prices. Have purchased quite a lot from Currys recently and they have constantly been best on price, by a mile. Good products, good service & good communication. 10/10

richardd1852
September 14th, 2021

If you have purchased a PS5 from Curry's before the 7 th September. I know that you will be waiting for your console because I was told by Bolton gateway branch that your PS5 is more likely to be 8 weeks and I was told that they haven't even ordered the next lot Curry's are holding your money to make interest on everyone. Is it illegal for them to falsely say you have it in 10 days and take money out of everyone and then hold on to your money so they make interest of us all.

thomasp1097
February 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

I bought a laptop which was faulty. They were quick to get the laptop back for an exchange but then took them 2 weeks for even process the return. Finally when they had sorted the return out and after 2 phone calls to their support team. Their support team was either really helpful or really rude. Plus they promised that I'd have a new laptop on the way by the end of the week when I called the 2nd time. Their email then informed me they no longer had the product in stock and was told to find a new laptop of the same price. This was a laptop was which had very high spec for its price and nothing compared to it for the price I paid for it. They then told me I had to wait 2 days for a refund to be processed, followed by 3/5 working days for the refund to come through.
For such a big company their exchange process is far too long, their customer service is generally poor and their refund process can only be described as a joke. I'll never buy from this company again and am so angry because I've had to go over a month without a laptop during the middle of school term when all work has to be set online. Thanks for making what was already a tough term even harder Currys.

mollyc179
February 1st, 2021

Ordered a fridge and when I placed the order I could chose which day I wanted it to come. I took a whole day off work as it was 7am - 7pm, it got to 6:55 and it had not been delivered yet. I went online and tracked the delivery and it stated it would not be delivered until 3 days after the date I chose to be delivered on! Baring in mind I took a day off work and no one would be in the house that day! I went to use the customer service to explain this and they were so rude! They were implying I was a liar and didn't chose a day, like I would make it up that I chose a day for it to be delivered! Will not be using curry's again!

Fridge

iane84
July 31st, 2021

Just bought - I think I did - a computer monitor from this excuse of a company. No confirmation email sent to me so far. Phoning results in a dead-end. The chat-box they refer you to appears to be non-existent. They could not try harder to ensure no repeat business.

Tip for consumers:
How bad their customer service is

allisonr78
January 28th, 2020

Stay away from this people, they try their best to scamm your money, since I bought a computer they were taking £6 every month for no reason. I realized that after 6 month when I checked the bank statement.

benm513
December 9th, 2020

Missed the delivery, can't contact them, I have no money and no item which I need. Unsure what to do. Just want it its just so bad...

anthonyn475
July 17th, 2021

Absolutely terrible experience for returns from an online purchase.
The item turned out to be faulty. I spent two days going through options on the phone which would end up with me being disconnected as the automated system believes its answered your problem.
I was only phoning as the chat service wasn't working, every attempt took me back to the page before (including when accessed off a Currys text that purported to take you straight to the chat service).
All of this was because the return email said to make sure that the parcel had the address on.
When i finally got to speak to someone they said not to worry there was no address needed as the delivery driver would have one!
To think i used them instead of Amazon to save £5!

Coffee machine

RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT! They SHOULD have contacted me but didn't... I tried on numerous occasions & finally succeeded... wish I hadn't bothered as they told me the item I had paid for was out of stock & I would have to re-order - some FOUR WEEKS later.

By John W.