Review of Cuisinart

Tel: +1-800-726-0190
marketing@cuisinart.com

davidc253
8/31/17

The bitterness of a poor product lingers long after purchase.

I have experience with three Cuisinart products in three separate homes: mine, my sons and his mother-in-laws. All three products failed in their essential purposes, to work, make coffee or grind beans. All had electrical failures if not hazards. Mine, a coffee grinder, went up literally in smoke and failed to work a year after purchase. Going up in smoke, to me, is a fire hazard. The second and third were 12 cup coffeemaker\grinders programmable units. One failed electrically to grind but made coffee, rendering 50% of the unit lost to use. The other failed to make coffee while the grinder worked. That unit also went up in smoke right after making coffee, the owners smelled melted plastic and they quickly unplugged the unit; also an electrical hazard and dangerous.

My experience strongly suggests Cuisinart, although charging premium prices, makes an inferior if not dangerous product. I gave the 3rd unit as a wedding gift which now has cheated me of both significant $$$ but the pleasure of giving a quality gift providing continuing value. The Cuisinart products, in my experience, do not have long-life expected use; they fail of their essential purpose to work. Rather, the three products ended their useful lives in a hazardous and dangerous way, without warning, going up in smoke (literally) or melting or failing electrically.

Forewarned = forearmed, absolutely, buyer beware of an inferior product but also a potentially dangerous and sudden failure, without warning of useful life of the Cuisinart product.

Cuisinart customer service was institutionally indifferent and thus, customer no service would apply... I asked for an escalation of my complaint to a supervisor or person in a position of authority. The service representative blocked the referral and refused to comply. Cuisinart doesnt care about service. Their actions, by omission and default say there are plenty of customers, service doesnt matter. P.T. Barnum notion comes to mind, Theres a sucker born every minute. My purchase of Cuisinart made me feel like a sucker I spent a lot of money for a poor, inferior and potentially dangerous product.

I should have read reviews of Cuisinart online first hit on a internet search, Cuisinart reviews showed as #1 hit = 674 reviews of Cuisinart and a single star rating on this website: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/cuisinart.html

Cuisinart products are expensive. I assumed buying a premium product would yield long life and quality service; I was wrong. We, all three of us have an expensive paperweight \ book ends... Thankfully, going up in smoke or smelling melted plastic did not have any worse outcomes than a product turning itself into consumer junk.

You, the reader may not be as fortunate or lucky in just getting cheated your outcome buying Cuisinart product may be worse than just a product failure.

ianv9
12/12/16

Just read a review on Cuisinart.com from 2010, and it's sad to say that 6 years later, nothing has changed. It amazes me that companies in this day and age think they can still get away with this kind of sub-par customer service. My experience below -

After trying to make a purchase, I found several bad reviews here and on other sites for the cuisinart web store. Came to realize that my order placed on the cuisinart site got me a order confirmation from the web store. Then noticed that pricing, products, contact information, etc is all the same, so the two sites are connected, and Cuisinart just dumps their orders off onto the Cuisinart web store. it is actually just their outlet. Granted, I am spoiled by Amazon and their speed and quality, but my experience so far was - Order placed last week tuesday. Email confirmation on wednesday morning that the order was received. It's cookie season so I paid for 2 day shipping to get my replacement blade quickly. Friday rolls around, no tracking number or any other word. I try to call customer service and after 15 minutes on hold give up. Send an email, and get the we will get back to you in 24 to 48 hours response. Monday rolls around, still no response. So now it's coming up on a week, and still nothing. Then I figured out the whole shenanigans of the two sites being related. Found a bunch of online reviews complaining about slow shipping, no shipping, wrong items shipped, and poor customer service. So, decide to just cancel the orders. Just got off the phone with customer service (this time it only took 12 minutes on hold). It's a telling statement when I say I have to cancel an order, and they just respond with what's the number, and ok you're all set. They must get that request a lot if there's not even a question about why or what the issue was, and what they could do to fix the situation. Looks like I will be buying another food processor instead of fixing it, and you can bet it won't be a Cuisinart.

markg5
6/28/10

This experience was extremely disappointing, and I believe I was deceived. Just over one week ago we broke the 14 cup carafe for our Cuisinart coffeemaker. The physical retailers do not stock that size part so I went to the Cuisinart.com website to purchase a replacement. What Cuisinart never told me was that they would not handle my order even though the entire transaction took place on the Cuisinart.com website. I printed out the order confirmation at the end of the process and it has a Cuisinart.com web address, and during the entire process it never mentions the independent separate store CuisinartWebstore.com.
Nevertheless, the next day I received an email from CuisinartWebstore.com confirming my order and informing me that I would receive an email when my item shipped. I expected it to ship that day because it was not listed as back ordered. I also did not pay attention to the Cuisinart Webstore name at that time as I wrongly assumed that it was just the name of the Cuisinart.com webstore.

It was 3 days later when the item still had not shipped and I started looking for contact information that I first realized that my order had been shunted off to a third-party. Now I can accept that if I am properly advised, and if the third-party site can handle the order but in this instance neither happened.

Now here is the thing about having a broken carafe. It is essentially the same as not having a coffee maker, because any possible temporary alternative will not properly depress the lever that lets the coffee drip out into the carafe and that keeps coffee in if you pour that first cup while the machine I still brewing. So speed is of some importance. If I knew the item was back ordered I would have checked other retailers who carry it, such as Amazon, and I would have a carafe by now. Instead both Cuisinart and Cuisinart Webstore combined to deceive me into placing an order on a back ordered item.

So Friday morning I email Cuisinart Webstore because they do not provide a phone number. I express my disappointment and ask if the order can be cancelled so I can place the order elsewhere that will be more timely. I do not receive an answer until after close of business Friday evening The response ignored my inquiry about cancellation and simply states matter of faculty that the item was back ordered but now is soon in stock and my "order is scheduled to ship within the next 24-48 hours." Which is interesting, because the next 48 hours were weekend hours and she did not specify 1-2 business days. She actually wrote this at 5:14 pm on a Friday. Not surprisingly, iIt is now Monday morning, more than 60 hours since I was told my item would ship in 24-48 hours and I have received no email informing me that my item has shipped. It is now also one week since I ordered an item from Cuisinart.com that was not listed as back ordered and it has not shipped. Cuisinart.com has not answered the email I sent to them on Friday.

I have since gone back through the Cuisinart.com ordering process with close attention and confirmed that it does not provide the information that the order will be handled by an independent retailer.

I hold both Cuisinart.com and CuisinartWebstore.com equally responsible for this deception. Cuisinart is directly responsible for failing to advise me that the item was back ordered and for failing to tell me they would give my oder, and my personal information, to a third-party. CuisinartWebstore is responsible for doing business on this basis. They must know that Cuisinart sends them orders for fulfillment without properly notifying customers.

Questions? Get answers from the Cuisinart staff and other customers.

Cuisinart?