Crystal Travel

Crystal Travel has a consumer rating of 3.74 stars from 19 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Crystal Travel also ranks 46th among Travel Deals sites. The most common issues with Crystal Travel are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• ..the customer service (Angelina) shamelessly asked for more money or said take a refund !
How would you rate Crystal Travel?

“Crystal Travel Review”

paramjeet k.
6/1/16

With having a very helpful travel assistant on the other end of a not so good mobile reception guide you on your holiday booking was a great help.We were cut of and the young lady called Amy called me back and guided me through the information that was required for my booking, that I'd only achieved to do for the first time on a re turn e-mail successfully. All together I was a happy client to get a week end break when I actually wanted to go in the end ... Many Thanks Crystal Travel Will look forward to using your services again

“Absolutely despicable”

Joe M.
1/13/20

Absolutely despicable, my partner and I booked a "luxury" holiday which had the price tag to match. What we got was nothing but budget hotels. In Niagara Falls they placed us in a hotel which had blood stains on the curtains, stank of smoke and had someone trying to force there way into our room at 3am. Terrified for our safety and security of our things we left the hotel. Crystal travel will not refund us the money for our hotel so we had to pay twice. Their customer service is laughable and they will accept responsibility for absolutely nothing! If wanting to book a holiday I would stay well clear of this company, they have no regard for your safety or experience, your hotels won't be anywhere near what they advertise and they leave you feeling robbed. Literally the worst travel company we have ever used!

customer service (4)
joem1232
January 13th, 2020

damianr29
May 20th, 2020
They're an absolute scam and I would
They're an absolute scam and I would not go on a holiday through these even if it was free. No customer service. Once they have your money they no longer care about you.
guym123
April 30th, 2020
I booked a trip to Krakow with them. I was meant to have a tour of a local site on the holiday. A day before I called asking for information regarding the tour. They said it hadn't been booked and rearranged it for another day. Then on the day of the tour the taxi that was apparently booked never arrived, I called them up and they said it was my fault as I hadn't booked the taxi myself, even though the person on the phone said my ride was all booked.

After the trip they agreed to give me a partial refund. The holiday was almost 5 months ago and I am still waiting for this refund.
rebeccas439
April 22nd, 2019
The first agent I spoke to was extremely rude and laughed at me when I said I wanted a certain flight. The website said I had booked it, but he said that wasn't true and charged me $150 more for a flight. That should've been my first red flag. The online agent I asked about my e-ticket was also very rude. I called again and the guy that answered, while nicer, assured me my e-ticket would come within 30 minutes and that if it did not, he would cancel for free. It still didn't come. They tried to say it was my email, which was untrue as I was getting emails from other companies at the time. They refused to cancel it for free for me as they promised. I would never, ever do business with them again! Stay far away like the plague!!!
ivanm96
February 13th, 2018
My wife booked a flight with Crystal travel trough Momondo because they offered the best price for the selected dates and flights from IAD to SOF and back. She entered the information needed and checked out. They charged my American Express card right away and sent her an e-mail "Booking Under Process" and at the top left corner of the e-mail is written "for changes to this itinerary,, please call us on *******844". She called the number and is said "the phone number you have called is currently unavailable".

I got home after work at 10 pm and she was crying and told me they took our money and didn't give us the ticket. This is when I was getting frustrated. I checked their Terms & Conditions and it says "All the offers, prices and even the sale conditions, are subject to change without notice". This is ridiculous!

I called the number posted in the terms and conditions and the gentlemen who piked up said that the payment was declined. I called American Express and they told me this is impossible. I called Crystal Travel again and they told me this flight is not available any more. I checked momondo and they were offering the same flight for the same price. I called Crystal Travel again and then they tried to offer me more expensive flight and then I told them to cancel everything and send me e-mail confirming the cancellation.

After all this I called them more than 20 times to get my confirmation for the canceled booking and they were ether trying to transfer me to unavailable extension or just hung up.

After 25 - 30 phone calls and 2 hours wasted I got my confirmation and booked with other web site for 10 minutes and for just $5 more than the price offered by Crystal Travel.
sunilp5
October 7th, 2015
Complaint
I searched a confirm family ticket from a www.cheapflights.com...paid money 40 days in advance to Crystal travels which was allocated by cheapflight as a best deal.

On the date of travel when I went to airport for check-in... the airlines refused to accept ticket issued by Crystal travel as a valid ticket.
When I called Crystal travel for explanation. ..the customer service (Angelina) shamelessly asked for more money or said take a refund !

Nightmare right !

Crystal travel UK has given me this nightmare on 15th September 2015

I had a confirmed ticket issued by Atlanta to NewYork

My cheap flights booking ref Y74SN4
Airline Reference:- AJD447
E-ticket Number:- *******700786/ *******700787

Names Sunil Phatak
Sangita Phatak

My trip was spoiled by Crystal travel.

Please de-list Crystal travel and cheapflights to save fellow future travellers from such a trauma.

I will put this case on social media till a satisfactory reply is received.

Questions? Get answers from the Crystal Travel staff and other customers.

Crystal Travel is the leading pan-European flagship travel company of Moresand Group of Companies. It is the largest online travel portal providing online travel and tour solutions for the UK. Being a prominent name in the travel arena it offers a varied range of travel products that include airline tickets from more than 150 airlines, 65,000+ hotels, holiday packages to your desired destination, car rentals, travel insurance and other travel extras.

Business History

About Us

Years of loyal service, success and acclamation has exalted Moresand Group to be listed among the "1000 most inspiring small and medium sized companies" by London Stock Exchange, that has further enhanced the company to shape itself to be one of the most trusted travel companies of the UK. On 17th December 2014, we have been granted the ultimate accolade from INVESTEC "Moresand Limited ranked in Investec Mid-Market 100 list of fastest-growing UK companies".

Other travel brands of Crystal Travel include Sam Travel, Air Travel Guru, Flights to India and Air Travel Guide. We are proud of our passion for travel, instigating memorable experiences and first class customer satisfaction. You can avail our services online, through telephonic conversation and from our retail outlets located in Central and East London.

Company Background
As part of the Moresand Group; Crystal Travel was established in 1986. It is a well known travel organization which is situated at a walking distance from the Oxford Circus in the heart of London. Being experts in Flights, Car Rentals, Hotel Bookings, Holiday Packages, Travel Insurance and Last Minute Travel Deals, Crystal Travel is registered in England and Wales under number 2114691 and holds IATA and ATOL (3517) certification issued by the Civil Aviation Authority provideing ATOL protection for travel packages including flights and other itineraries. Crystal Travel is the official travel agent for over 84 airlines, providing the best price for maximum international airlines from various departure points.

crytsalt
Crytsal T.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crystal Travel?

Have a question about Crystal Travel?