Cooper University Health Care reviews

Camden, NJ 08103, US
Tel: 1.800.8.COOPER (1.800.826.6737)

davidb2186
5/24/19

I go to an Endocrinologist at Cooper, a Cardiologist, and have had Cardiac Surgery at their hospital in Camden. All of the above have been exceptional, as far as I can tell skilled, and have extended my life and given me a better quality of life. I live in Wilmington, DE and sought better care than I could get in DE. I had access to Philadelphia doctors, but that often means driving downtown Philly which I don't relish. Here's one faux pas on their part. When they dismissed me from Cardiac Surgical care, the young man didn't want to wait for my wife to find the front entrance, so just left me to my own devices at the front. Wasn't maneuvering to good at that point in time and that was a stupid thing for him to do. I have recently had experiences with a Urologist at Cooper who doesn't seem to keep his patient's records at the top of his mind and I have gotten conflicting statements from him and after telling me he would call me after a prostate biopsy (when he had the report), he simply did not do so. I will be getting another urologist. The nursing staff and doctors at the hospital were high quality and professional (and I wasn't a very good patient). Their food service department was snippy and churlish, but overall the treatment was highly-rated.

Response from Terese V., Cooper University Health Care Representative
Dear David, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate the feedback on what we've done right and what we could do better. We take all concerns seriously, and I'd like to have our Patient Relations team speak with about you the specific concerns you've addressed in your review. Could you do us the favor of emailing us at socialmedia@cooperhealth.edu with your full name, date of birth, and best way to get in touch with you? If you prefer to contact Patient Relatios directly, their number is 856-342-2432. Thank you.
jamieb258
4/15/19

Sat there for TEN hours why they worked on my brother and NEVER once gave us an update .. kept saying someone was coming but never did.. HE EVEN ASKED for his family and they would not come get one of us.. he was scared and about to have surgery and sat there ALONE for hours upon hours... the staff and security was so rude and unprofessional. I had NEVER in my life seen anything like it .. Even the Camden officers ( the real police ) said how rude they were and how he would NEVER allow his family to go there. Finally left at 2 am with NO answers.. never found out what meds he was on and he has had a transplant so this is VERY important! They just don't care about the people who are in there... this hospital has gone WAY down hill... on top of all this we had asked to speak to a "so called supervisor " and they REFUSED to come ... from Denise in the cafeteria to Frank who holds some bull$#*! title just plain nasty and rude... I will never be back at this hospital!!! They need to fire them all or make classes mandatory for sensitive training especially at a trauma hospital... this is so not okay how we were treated and also my brother and I am filing a formal complaint with this hospital and filling out everything and anything I possibly can... this is twice this hospital has been this way so it's no accident or bad night it's the norm... MOST UNPROFESSIONAL PLACE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED AT THE MOST STRESSFUL TIMES OF YIUR LIFE... SAVE YOURSELF AND CHOOSE A DIFFERENT HOSPITAL BECAUSE YOU WILL REGRET GOING TO COOPER HOSPITAL!!!! YOU WILL BE TREATED HORRIBLY GUARANTEED.... so sad

Response from Terese V., Cooper University Health Care Representative
Dear Jamie, we are very sorry to hear that Cooper did not meet your expectations for care. We take every issue that is brought to our attention very seriously and our Patient Relations team would like the opportunity to speak with you to learn more. Would you be kind enough to email us at socialmedia@cooperhealth.edu with your brother's name and date of birth so that they can identify the correct record, and supply a phone number where we can reach you? If you'd prefer to call Patient Relations directly to speak with a representative, their number is 856-342-2432. Thank you.
aruc
2/8/19

Cooper University Healthcare's priority is their students learning putting patients at risk. Providers do not ask if it's okay with the patient before sending some in in knowledgeable student to began your assessment. They don't remember and don't write down your chief complaints which result in a misdiagnoses. Then you have to wait for your doctor to come in several minutes later. Then when they come in they are teaching the student more than diagnosing the patient. It's nice to help people but patient care should come before teaching students. This double/triple your appointment time with long waits just to be seen by your real doctor. Cooper has set itself up for big time failure. This could only happen in Camden NJ and most certainly not in prestigious Cherry Hill East, Haddonfield or Moorestown. Cooper is playing with peoples lives and feel no remorse for using especially black and Hispanic patients as guinea pigs. Their new slogan is STUDENTS FIRST!

Response from Terese V., Cooper University Health Care Representative
Dear Aru, we are very sorry to hear about your experience at Cooper, and that we did not meet your expectations for care. Our Patient Relations team would like the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your visit and treatment. Would you be kind enough to email us at socialmedia@cooperhealth.edu with your name and date of birth, and a phone number where we can reach you? If you'd prefer to call Patient Relations directly to speak with a representative, their number is 856-342-2432. Thank you.
phyllisc92
10/4/18

The experience my daughter had with her 7 year old son here was unbelievably horrible. The doctors, which we saw many of due to a head injury, were never on the same page. Apparently they do not read each others notes. The neuro dept did not want to schedule an MRI yet the Trauma dept did. Problem was they needed to put him to sleep because an MRI is difficult even for an adult! We would have to wait for an anesthesiologist to be available. I went to the hospital the morning after he was admitted so my daughter could leave to get a shower. Shortly after her and her husband left, the child team came in to talk to my grandson to question him about doing the MRI without meds. Why they waited until his mom left is suspicious enough but they made her turn around and return because there was an opening right away. They returned and my grandson got taken down 3 hours later! They assured my daughter that if he couldn't get through the MRI they would redo it the following day under anesthesia. Well, they could not complete it according to the radiologist however the Neuro team said they got enough. Problem is they ordered the test with contrast and it was done without. They refused to complete the test! He was also ordered to get a tetanus shot and in the records it states he did, He did not! My daughter questioned all the decisions and the difference of opinions with the doctors but they told her what she thought doesn't matter. They were releasing him without the completed test. He was released with a brain bleed and no instructions for my daughter other than to see her pediatrician. Now, I'm not a specialist however I do believe she should have been given instructions on what to watch for and what my grandson should NOT do with a brain bleed. Needless to say, we are going to CHOP!!

Response from Terese V., Cooper University Health Care Representative
Dear Phyllis, we are very sorry to hear that your family's experience at Cooper did not meet your expectations. Our Patient Relations team would like the opportunity to speak with you or your daughter to learn more about your grandson's care. Would you be kind enough to email us at socialmedia@cooperhealth.edu with your grandson's name and date of birth, and with a contact number for your daughter or you? If you'd prefer to call Patient Relations directly to speak with a representative, their number is 856-342-2432. Thank you.
jyotis17
4/12/18

Well, after I complained that my son is not getting appt, they called us and gave us appointment with in 48 hours. Doctor has a lot of patient and spend a lots of time with my son.

suef40
11/7/17

They have some very poor doctors and many practices are poorly managed. They tell you to call patient relations about your problems but they are absolutely no help. Just a big waste of time and money dealing with this place.

carlat21
2/20/17

How do you run one of the largest hospitals and not have wheel chairs available for patients. I went to the hospital from the doctors office with my 85 year old mother. When I got there I asked for a wheel chair to get her into the building and was told we don't have any available. I was very surprised and asked how could this be. The women from patient information told me well it happ me all the time in a sarcastic manner then just walked off. If this happens often in such a large hospital it would appear here on s some poor managment good by on.

Just disappointing to have to carry Simone into the hospital and hope you can find a seat for them. Going to the hospital is stressful enough then have to deal with something like this is just down right disgusting.

This is the reason n I myself will never deal with a doctor that only works out of Cooper.

Response from Terese V., Cooper University Health Care Representative
Dear Carla, thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention.
I'm sorry to hear that your experience at Cooper did not meet your expectations. I'm forwarding your comment to our Patient Relations team. Can you email your contact information and the best time to reach you to socialmedia@cooperhealth.edu so that they can reach out to you to discuss your situation?
Thank you for this opportunity to address your concerns.
mehvisha
8/8/16

Cooper will rob you of your money! They will tell you they are pre certifying you for a procedure and then have no idea how to file a bill , followed by you receiving the entire bill. And when you call and email and mail them the proper paperwork, they will just ignore you and sit on it. And in the end you are responsible for the bill. Save your money and frustrations ! This place is not worth it !

judithm40
4/14/16

Never have I been waiting in an Er for 28 hours waiting for a bed.

marieh32
10/29/14

Dr. Patrick Cronin, Rheumatologist with Cooper Hospital is a WONDERFUL doctor. He listens to his patients and gets to the root of the problem. I've been seeing him for almost one year and he's the best; HOWEVER the office where I see him 900 Centennial Blvd., BUILDING TWO (2), Voorhees. New Jersey is absolutely HORRIBLE!! I've had nothing but problems. The Manager needs to find a new job because she is totally worthless and very unprofessional!! I don't think she could manage a flea! My husband had an appointment in that same building (Building 2) and waited over 1-1/2 hours to see a doctor. He arrived a half hour early so he'd be on time and we kept asking the receptionist how much longer... the point is she NEVER entered into the system that he was there! What idiots!!! It wasn't like it was that busy. OMG!! It's one thing after the other at the building. BUILDING ONE (1) is GREAT -- never had one problem over there. The only reason I go there is for DR. PATRICK CRONIN -- a Great Rheumatologist!!! Another member of my family had an appointment with Dr. Cronin and when he went to the appointment there wasn't anything entered into the system with Dr. Cronin (who wasn't even there that day but was in another office) and it was made with an Internal Medicine Doctor!! That office needs is HORRIBLE!! There are so many wonderful Cooper doctors and it's sad they have to be associated with that horrible office!!

Dear Jyoti, our Patient Relations team can assist your son with scheduling an appointment. Could you please email us at socialmedia@cooperhealth.edu with your son's name, date of birth, and phone number so that they can look up his records and contact him? If you or he would prefer to call Patient Relations directly, they may be reached at (856) 342-2432. Thank you.

By Terese V., Cooper University Health Care Representative

Hello Jim, if you would like to provide feedback about your experience at Cooper, you can email us at socialmedia@cooperhealth.edu or call our Patient Relations office at (856) 342-2432. Thank you.

By Terese V., Cooper University Health Care Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Cooper University Health Care staff and other customers.

Cooper University Health Care?