ConnectingThreads reviews

Tel: 800-574-6454
customerservice@connectingthreads.com

tammyh200
1/31/19

I had order issues... I contacted customer service through email. I received and email and all my issues where taken care of.. including refunds. I have bought from Connecting threads for years and am completely satisfied.

sallyw62
4/3/18

Sewists and quilters can buy good quality fabric and thread for reasonable prices, especially on one of their frequent sales. Everything arrives packaged well and in fast enough time. They also sell books, tools and kits.

janem157
10/6/17

I placed two orders recently. The time to get the orders took forever. And once I did get then I was really disappointed in how the fabric had been packaged and cut. The fabric was inside out and jammed in to small plastic bags so was very wrinkled. The "kit" I got was also jammed in a plastic bag and the pattern was basically folded in half so was rubbed and crinkled in the middle around the stack of fabric. The fat quarter bundle was just a stack of fabric badly cut with lots of selvage, inside out , and just stacked together - not neatly folded and bundled together - again jammed in a small plastic bag and wrinkled. Won't order from them again.

susanc266
5/3/17

Been ordering from Connecting Threads for several years now. I have never been disappointed with any fabric purchase. Reason for this review is as follows: I made a purchase of about $65 of fabric for a quilt. When it arrived I had set it aside so I would not be tempted to start the next project when I was wanting to finish the current one. Well as it turned out I then opened the box of fabric nearly a month later and started my next project. Well when I got to the borders of the quilt I realized I didn't have the 2 1/2 yds that I selected for the outside border. I was nearly sick to my stomach since it was the most expensive of the Fabrics and it wasn't in the order. The following morning I called and told the girl on the phone what had happened and to my surprise the girl told me she would get it shipped out to me right away. I was in awe of her answer. I was sure I would get hassled since the purchase was nearly a month ago. I will continue to do all my fabric purchases with Connecting Threads. Also all my purchases are here within a week. Thank you!

Tip for consumers: I have never been disappointed with my purchases of fabric or threads.

ruthanng
2/20/17

Takes forever to ship then marks item shipped and not really shipped. Took almost 3 weeks to get my order. When you call to confirm order shipped, if not and you want to cancel, claim order is in warehouse and cannot be cancelled. Supposedly has 3 or 4 websites and not enough people to cover their orders. Several orders I placed, I did not receive the item I ordered but someone else's order and had to wait an additional week to get my order -- almost a month. Nice fabric but does not know how to keep up with the business end.

connier42
11/26/16

Fabric quality is fine but avoid the precuts or ensure you have plenty of extra!

cindyl59
3/3/16

I have been shopping Connecting threads for a few years and always been happy with the quilting cottons I have bought. Their prices are very good and the collections are nice. The website is easy to get around and shipping usually runs within 7 days. None of the fabric I have gotten has faded. The clearance items are great. Customer service will get back within 24 hours.

edithc18
2/16/16

Be very careful of their precuts. They are not what they appear to be. The precuts are not packaged well, are not measured and cut well, and they way they detail fabric yardage on the invoice can be very misleading. The precuts seem well-priced till you realize that there are only a few in each collection, and if you want multiples of the prints, you must order multiples of the precut collection. They fray because edges are not pinked, and fray badly. BUYER BEWARE--customer service is also slow when you question your order contents.

kathyp36
12/12/15

I bought a LOT of fabric from Connecting Threads, which I PRE-washed, btw, to make the "Labyrinth Walk' quilt for my grandson. After hours and hours and hours and hours on this very involved quilt, I washed again, and all the fabric fairly SHREDDED on every single seam, which were hundreds!!! What a MESS! Tangled knots of threads everywhere, big HOLES where the fabric shredded BEYOND the seams, etc etc etc. I have NEVER seen such a mess (I am an experienced sewer) or been so discouraged in my life. I emailed them pictures of the shredded fabric, to which their reply was, 'they hadn't had any other complaints'. I cannot believe I am the ONLY one this happened to!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! If I could have selected ZERO stars, I would have!

joannen
7/27/11

Here is a little unknown gem of a website that sells cotton quilting fabric, thread, quilting supplies, books,patterns etc. I admit I am not a sewing bee queen but I needed some cotton fabric for a decorating project and this site had fabric at a very decent discounted price. They offer cute cotton fabric in a variety of prints,batiks, and colors. They aren't major brand but it is a major savings from anything I've researched. Shipping was quick and the cost of shipping was pretty fair.Check it out

Questions? Get answers from the ConnectingThreads staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ConnectingThreads