Coffe Italia

Coffe Italia has a consumer rating of 3.99 stars from 80 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Coffe Italia most frequently mention espresso machine and customer service. Coffe Italia ranks 7th among Coffee sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 71.7%

• I recommend the troubleshooting page in the following website for anyone new to espresso machine: finecoffeecompany.com

• I bought an expensive La Pavoni coffee machine at the end of May 2020, which arrived faulty.
  • Hopefully the customer service can deal with this -
How would you rate Coffe Italia?

“Rating from Taiwan”

Wen-Kuei H.
1/1/20

Rating from Taiwan, It is a good and cheap machine.Not only it can brew espresso well, but also its powerful steam can steam milk quickly.And It is made with high quality of stainless materials, fantastic and shiny like a mirror. Moreover, it is very convenient to use in the kitchen because of its small volume. It is really a nice machine for coffee lover to treasure!

“Appalling Customer Services Coffee Italia”

steve t.
3/19/21

Customer Service from Coffee Italia is appalling. My machine was faulty on delivery and 5 weeks later I still dont have a replacement. They expected me to fix the problem, the Call Centre provide updates or information, the manager refuses to call, you only get occasional email updates. No apology or attention to the issue; its as if they dont care about me as the customer. We all expect very good customer experience these days but this just isnt good enough.

coffee machine (15) customer service (8) caffe italia (12) espresso machine (7) phone number (3)
wenkueih
January 1st, 2020

It is really a nice machine for coffee lover to treasure!

samp530
February 25th, 2021

I had an initial problem with my product when it arrived, but the guys at Caffe Italia were really helpful in helping me resolve the issue and as a coffee lover, spending a lot of money of a coffee machine and a grinder, I was really appreciative of their help.

In the end they helped me resolve the problem, and I'm so happy with my machines and the service from the guys at Caffe Italia.

I wouldn't hesitate to contact these guys in the future for my needs. Great guys.

La Pavoni Coffee Machine and La Pavoni Kube Coffee Grinder

mattb589
October 20th, 2020

Will happily update this review depending on how the support process goes - but my first experience hasn't been ideal. It took a little longer for the tracking info to be sent onto me than I was expecting, assumed it would be an automatic process, but had to ask for details - not a massive issue, but I though this was coming from within the UK - not a deal breaker but just a little conflicting.

Finally arrived (ordered 9th Oct) on the 20th. Sadly the hopper is cracked quite severely and has an EU plug (not UK) - this is a £240 grinder so not really the welcome I was expecting! While I can arrange parts and fixes if required (awaiting what happens next) not the out of box I was experience and sadly means a quite a bit more waiting!

Hopefully the customer service can deal with this - and I will update this accordingly, but not overly happy to begin.

stevet773
March 19th, 2021

heatherm862
August 10th, 2020

After checking out reviews we settled on the Rancilio Silvia V6. Received excellent service from the get-go with Mateo from New Caffe Italia keeping us informed every step of the way with trackable delivery from DHL. Since its arrival, we've been most impressed with our Rancilio and feel it lives up to its reputation. Love the quality of the coffee produced. Worth watching Youtube videos to familiarise and perfect the coffee making.

johnr2080
February 27th, 2020

When things go wrong they do everything they can to avoid their responsibilities. They will not repay. Consequently they now have County Court Judgements (CCJs against them). Despite this, they are still trying to avoid repayment. On other review sites like Trustpilot they challenge every bad review (there are many of them) so that the bad reviews cannot be seen, this disguises how bad they are.

MARCO M. – Coffe Italia Rep

This customer was not able to froth the milk with his coffee machine, we nicely provides instruction to learn how to use the product and advising to which brand of milk to use.
Customer preferred to return the product because he did not like it we provided then the specific address to return the product.
So far product was not returned.
So this statement in the claim posted here is completely false.
For anybody interested we have full conversation with Mr Mavis Rockett which can confirm this response.

kyleb386
November 8th, 2020

I have waited weeks upon weeks upon weeks and I am still waiting - the current issue though is now their shipping partner.

The entire experience has not been good, every single step of the process in making a purchase with coffeeitalia.co.uk has been painfully slow - it takes days for them to respond after they take your money. I feel they don't treat you like a customer but like someone to take advantage of. They sell very expensive equipment but have customer service that is worse than what you would expect in a dollar store in the US. I wish I went with a competitor and until I ever receive my purchase I have this sinking feeling in my stomach I made a terrible decision to go with them. I can't even fathom if there is an issue with my order - what will I do - it doesn't matter they offer any warranty because it doesn't seem they even care to respond to customers after you hand over your money. Furthermore their "Prime Delivery" for £9 an item seems to simply be a fraud - it doesn't do anything they will surely ship your order the cheapest slowest way possible.

At the end of the day you spend a lot of money on an espresso machine and will wait up to a month with little information and little contact - if you want to risk your money then go ahead but I hated this experience and I'm still in the middle of it waiting. I didn't check the mountain of negative reviews here first and I should have, their competitors don't seem to have the same problems.

ulrichs3
February 5th, 2020

I bought from coffee italia a Quick Mill Monza Deluxe Mod. 05009A EVO.
In my view QuickMill builds the best fully automatic coffee machine In the world, but the german manual is horror.

I had a problem programming the machine and it was solved via email and Cube transfer by MATTEO DE STEFANI.
Very great service, thanks a lot Matteo.
Highly recommended

Ulrich Stark from East Germany

seanm713
May 15th, 2020

From time of purchase to delivery was 3 weeks. This time is insignificant when compared to how long I hope to have the machine! I also had some initial technical issues with an airlock (common in brand new machines) which I called Matteo and he sent me some simple instructions on youtube which helped.

I definitely recommend Caffe Italia to anyone looking for a legit quality Italian espresso machine.

jackh645
March 4th, 2021

Had an awful experience with this company over the last month, would really recommend avoiding.

I tried to purchase a new lever espresso machine because their prices are slightly lower and didn't want to purchase through a big corporate giant. They say they sent it to me but it was incorrectly labelled and so got held up, first in Italy and then apparently in the UK. I'm now getting messages from the shipper that the package has been lost en route, but Caffe Italia are refusing to refund me - just responding with abusive emails, threats, and repeatedly hanging up on me saying they "dont' have time to help" when I check in once a week.

I understand that some aspects of shipping are beyond a company's control, but according to the shippers Caffe Italia made errors that caused the delays, and are now sitting on £500+ of my money and refusing a refund. Extremely distressing.

tonys800
March 15th, 2020

Hi Marco,
Just like to say thank you.
My Bezzera duo and Mazza grinder arrived on Thursday a day earlier than expected.
I have set them up and both machines working perfectly serving up super Espresso and latte (Love them).
I hope to keep both machines for the next few years but when I am ready for an upgrade I will not hesitate to contact you again.
Great recommendation choices and a super fast delivery, along with a great shopping experience and the best prices on the net.
Many thanks,
Tony.

ralucav
July 19th, 2020

I bought an expensive La Pavoni coffee machine at the end of May 2020, which arrived faulty. The most rude person on customer service, which seemed to be Italian and not event picking up the phone, unless you send a web form, 5 emails and daily Facebook messages, told me to send it to a physical address in London, when I asked for a refund or replacement. I soon realized that wasn't a return address, but a La Pavoni service center. After foolishly believing he'll pay the shipping, I did as he advised and I sent it to London for servicing and the coffee machine came back with the same fault!
Countless attempts to speak with him, calling the phone number mentioned on the UK website, which he doesn't pick up anymore and no email replies to my refund request.
Do't waist your money on this scam shop! Terrible experience, faulty coffee machine and a lot of money wasted!

andresm128
May 3rd, 2021

I bought a portafilter after written confirmation that it was compatible with my machine. I received it and it was not compatible. I had to prove with photos and videos that it was not compatible indeed. They confirmed in writing from the UK that I would receive the compatible product at no extra cost to me, as the error was not mine. They passed the ball between the teams from UK and Spain and, in the end, from coffeeitalia.es they asked me to pay an extra cost of 35 euros if I wanted the compatible product (of course without justifying why such extra cost). In the end, their mistake had to be paid by me as a customer. I refused. After almost two months and about 20 emails, they finally made me a refund (what I paid for the non-compatible portafilter plus the shipping costs to Italy for its return) but not in its entirety, since 2.71 euros were missing. Very shabby. I asked for the reason why and never got a response. In short, the management of coffeeitalia.es (Caffè Italia) is terrible and really shabby due to its lack of transparency and ethics with the client. If you have a problem with your order, most likely you will also waste your time and money too.

gabrielb155
February 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I want to give 5 stars, because I bought an excellent espresso machine for a very competitive price, directly sent from Italy, plus instant customer service when I needed a warranty exchange for the damaged water tank. I just needed to provide a few photos of the damage, and they instantly sent me a replacement tank. Now a short comment on the website: It is a great website with a huge variety, but I could not make my purchase while being logged into my account, it only worked while being logged out. That led to the purchase not showing up in my account, which worried me a bit. But in the end, everything was correct. It would be nice to fix this bug on the page, for the customer's peace of mind.

Tip for consumers:
Sign up for newsletter to get a discount on first purchase

Espresso machine

nabma
May 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

Thank you for the accommodating service, and the reasonable price in comparison to other online stores. Without Coffeeitalia I wouldn't own such a coffee grinder.

Coffee Grinder

rebeccar509
June 3rd, 2020

All of my questions were answered promptly and ordering was easy. It arrived inside the estimated delivery time. Thank you.

antons57
January 12th, 2020

I wanted to buy a high range coffee grinder and espresso maker for a long time. Caffee Italia had the perfect offer (have a look yourself at the "SET" offers on their web for some awesome combinations of grinder+espresso machine at the best prices, and you'll see why I've chosen them) Best part of all was that they sent me an updated, newer, version of the machine i bought... at the same price. Bravo Caffee Italia and thanks a lot!

deborahf365
July 11th, 2020

Machine has an electrical fault, within 5 months it is now useless. Despite the 2-year warranty, the company will only replace within one week. Do not buy from Caffe Italia.

MARCO M. – Coffe Italia Rep

This customer is not aware the meaning of warranty: "Warranty" means manufacture defectiveness of parts, for instance it's a valve is broken or leakage due a bad assembly of the product this does not means free product replacing after 5 months, in this case product can only be inspected under warranty terms and repaired but not replaced for a brand new one.

andrewv261
August 14th, 2020

I purchased a La Pavoni machine with New Caffe Italia after having a poor experience with a different supplier. It's really hard to get this type of machine in Australia and I received the package within 6 days. Super impressed with the service and quality of machine. Thanks guys!

paule615
December 12th, 2020

It's the best espresso grinder I've used. The 64mm flat burrs produce 18gr in about 16 seconds. NO vibration, no clumping and no retention. Love the infinite, step-less adjustment. Helps me pull repeatable, consistent shots (fave is espresso ristretto macchiato) - perfect for the home coffee geek.

shmalyk
January 24th, 2020

I got coffe machine (Expobar) with Barista kit with amazing price ever and they sent it to me in very short time thanks for them alote

markw1830
January 19th, 2021

I purchased a Gaggia Classic Pro with Caffe Italia in November 2020. I reported an issue with the portafilter within three days of receiving the product but was told that this would fix itself over time. Two months later the issue has worsened and I cannot use the machine at all. I have emailed and called Caffe Italia many many times since mid-December. Barbara from customer service keeps promising to get the technical team to call me but still no-one has bothered to contact me. I am appalled that my complaints continue to go unanswered and that the machine has not been fixed or replaced. Please avoid this company so you do not experience the same issues.

ig21
August 29th, 2020

Machine arrived damaged. Bend it with your hand is their response. Once they have your money they do not care. Look elsewhere. You have been warned.

MARCO M. – Coffe Italia Rep

Customer purchased a second hand refurbished product UNDER COST. We have all the comunications with customer for anybody interested to see them, the coffee machine is in ful working order just the top panel needs to be bent it out this operation can be easely done in 5 min out so probably we have to say that the joker is this customer :)

ethanb123
September 9th, 2020

It was a pleasure to make a purchase in the online store. Thank you for the attentive managers! Now I am happy with the new coffee machine

stefang11
November 23rd, 2020

Wow, you exceeded my expectations:-). The grinder arrived today and I have already made the first few cups. This grinder is mindblowing cool.:-)

Thanks for arranging this so quickly.:-)

Kind regards,
Stefan

No i can't share any success with coffee italia, because nothing about my order has been successful.

By lewis w.
See more answers (5)

It's next to impossible- they only seem to care if you leave a negative review - but if they have your money and you don't leave a negative review don't expect to get in contact

By Kyle B.