Click4Support.net reviews

Tel: 1-877-836-8352
support@click4support.net

judithp6
3/13/18
• Updated review

A new name with a new scam! Called and emailed saying my old contract with them was ended, the business was going out of business, and this company was replacing them or some such rot. Wanted to give me a refund but of course, not really. Sociopaths.

“Update Sept 14 2014”
9/14/14
• Previous review

Update Sept 14 2014
Click4support called today and said they would not be billing me for services at all, due to my disatisfaction with the services. They also offered a $50 gift certificate if I would revoke my reviews. I declined the gift certificate.

*****Update: Sept 8 2014*****
I hired a computer expert ($215 vs $1200) from a local company to determine 1) was I ever hacked 2) Did Click for Support add any spyware etc. on my computer 3) what exactly did they do for $1200 as the promised "invoice" that was to arrive within 36 hours never arrived so I have no evidence of what they purportedly did for $400 of the $1200 which was to encrypt my data from the "hackers." 4) fix my printer, which was the original reason I called Samsung (or tried to).

The written report says 1) "found no evidence that an intrusion had ever occurred) 2) the only "protection" they installed by MalwareBytes. This program is available for $24.95 and comes with a license for 3 devices. They did not provide the license and despite promising to protect "up to 15 of my devices" and repeatedly telling me not to install any other anti-virus or spyware etc. programs, they did not put the program on any other device. Though they said my Avast anti-virus "wasn't doing anything for me" they did not replace it. All my data was already encrypted anyway and they did not add further encryption, and that the network is configuered on the ATT device and changing the internal IP addresses of the network would not increase the protection the network already has. The printer --the reason I called in the first place --has a hardware problem and is being replaced by its warranty.

Their 100% money back refund REQUIRES you to agree to allowing them AGAIN to remotely access your computer so they can "fix" the problem. If they've proven themselves untrustworthy already, why would anyone allow them to do that again?
I urge anyone who was duped by these folks to dispute the charge on your credit card. I am confident I will not have to pay this charge.

I feel so stupid. They are a scam. I called Samsung with a printer problem. They refer me to a tech person who says it will cost $400 to fix the problem and say my network was hacked. The dropped Microsoft's name and I thought they were microsoft technicians. They show me how many attempts were made to hack it but say the hackers were unsuccessful as they had not opened the info. The $400 was to encrypt the data so that if it's opened at a future date they won't be able to access it. I have a business with lots of confidential data on it. I had to decide fast what to do as I had clients waiting for me. I approved the $400 charge. They they said but you need to protect your network for the future from this happening, the basic plan is $900 the premium is $1400, something like that. I said I need to think about it and will call tomorrow. They immediately drop the price to $900 for the premium plan and throw in some services. I said charge me $700 and we have a deal. They did. They spent 2 hours or more fixing the printer problem, it wasn't easy. Then I read these reviews as soon as I hung up. I called to cancel the contract. Credit card company said I have to wait til it's posted to dispute it. I will pay the $400 for being stupid but they haven't implemented the contract and I called within 15 minutes of authorizing it so I hope I can get it back since they haven't been given the money yet. The technician seemed very competent but the whole company is full of shysters.

Response from Michael D., Click4Support.net Representative
Dear Judith,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Click4Support being a leading third party tech support provider is very sensitive on the issue related to giving wrong information to the customer and charging unnecessarily. To minimize this, we have set quality parameters and take strict actions against such issues.

For your information, our refund policy can be viewed at http://www.click4support.net/refund-policy.html.

I would request you to please share your order ID at reputation@click4support.net, for us to be able to look into this matter and do the needful.

Regards,
Click4Support Team
maryz34
8/22/16

DO NOT do any business or give money to this 'business'. They are muggers/ liars and thieves. They keep calling me from 855 855 7688 or 855 955 9799. Block these numbers!
"Brian" a person from the Phillipines (Brian said their business is located in Atlanta, GA) called yesterday 08 21 16 and tells me that hackers are getting into my computer and soon my Windows will be shutting down and not be able to run. He wanted to remote control my computer but I would not let him in. He had me go to MSConfig and showed me under Services where some programs were running and some were stopped, trying to instill fear in me. He said I paid his company $129 last year by check and I never pay anything online by check. He could not give me the date or the check number. He said that if I bought their product this time, it'd cost me under $100. He had me hang up after half an hour and said his 'accounting' department would call me back in 15 min. and tell me all the information I needed to know. Well, no one ever called back until I got another one of their 855 number scamming calls this morning. I refuse to answer any more of their calls. Over the past month, they have called me about ten times!
If they call you and if you want to waste their time, just keep talking, tell them lies, tell them you don't understand and make them keep repeating themselves and make them stay on the phone as long as you can. That costs them time, commissions and money.
What a bunch of very poor Philippine/foreign workers who need to move on and get a real job and not victimize those who do not want them in their lives. They should value themselves and not do work knowing that their business and products are garbage. Workers, have pride, find a job to be proud of and try to stop your business from engaging in such despicable practices! Have pride in yourselves!!!!!!!!
zowaski

Tip for consumers: Bock their numbers 855 855 7688 and 855 955 9799.
DO NOT let Click4Support remote access and get into your computer. Do not follow their online instructions. They're out to lie to you and make you need them.
If you have time, waste their time as much as you can by lying, misdirecting them and making them stay on the phone as long as possible. Time is money and no commissions for them is what you want.
Report them to the BBB.
Keep calling them with as many nuisance calls as you can and fro

lisav37
12/30/15

I was scammed for $199 earlier this year. I have reported this to the BBB and also to the law offices of Conrad O'Brien PC, which represents the court-appointed receiver for the Click4Support entities by order of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and as such has assumed control over the Click4Support assets.

Tip for consumers: They are no longer in business

juand13
12/14/15

Gabriel H are you talking about of click4support? I think that your are talking about of another company,Believe me click4support is a FRAUDULENT company,

billd56
12/9/15

I joined C4S a year ago with a 3y contract and have had good success with 3 calls(last sometime in March/April 2014) to them but now there is the possibility that the company is no longer in business

jeanc41
11/6/15

I just filed a complaint with the Federal Trades Commission against Click4Support, LLC. They scammed me for $999. total for 2 devices, 2 years (April 2015). At first, they were helpful. Now they cannot be reached. The BBB says the company claims to no longer be in business, but they are still operating in CT. It is easy to file an online claim.

angies29
9/23/15

This business is a ripoff if not an outright scam. They talked a family friend into paying $699 for 12 months of "Complete Home Network Solution". When she had a problem with her computer 2 months later and called they told her she could pay them an additional $349 to "boost speed" and install anti-malware software that she could have gotten for a fraction of the price if not free. They also said they'd "block csrss.exe" which was a legitimate process running on her computer. They have an F rating on the Better Business Bureau website and you have to wonder why all the 5-star ratings of this business here on sitejabber are by people with hardly any other reviews and with terrible English, probably phony profiles. Stay away from this company!

Tip for consumers: Stay away! Find someone local to help you.

jeanlucp1
6/6/15

Some Indians trying to get your money by making you believe that you have stopped services in msconfig and (completely normal) errors and warnings in eventvwr.
Unbelievable that there are still people who fall for that crap in the IT world of today. Don't give them any real information.

julienner
5/22/15

I have been getting pop-ups from my computer 3 weeks already that I should immediately call their number so I did today. It looks very reliable because the telephone number is toll-free and I just wanted to keep my files sife. Within less than a minute I got to talk to one of their "technician" or "tech support". Usually it would take a long wait for people to be attended by real technicians due to the high volume of people calling in for issues and concerns. He asked me for my name, my phone number saying that just in case I get disconnected he will return the call asap, and my birth of date.

Birth of date. I don't think anyone needs to know that personal information of yours as it has nothing to do with resolving an issue on your computer. What I believe they would need would be my IP Address or some sort of connection with our connection provider. Enough of all this introduction, I questioned the technician about their company. I became really frank with him about why he needs to ask my BOD and he didn't even answer the question so from then on I started to think that it's going to get me nowhere. He explained to me what their company is and gave me the address of their website.

There was really nothing on it but a space where I could type the support key that my "tech support" will provide to me which will enable him to do a remote connection. Remote connection will let him perform almost all the actions that I could do to my computer, and we both can see it. Kind of creepy. So I let him control my computer and I'm really thankful that he was very slow - I was able to listen to HOW he handles the situation. He even told me to stay on the line and typed on my notepad (please see picture)

I did not really understant why he wrote all these down but look at the spelling, I don't think a technician with proper education woud spell his/her profession as TECHNISIAN.

I stopped the remote connection with him because the phone call was lasting for more than 30 mintes and nothing was happening yet but all the babbling and stuff and I believed this would not be of any help.

Tip for consumers: NOT RELIABLE, CREDIBLE, ETC.

donc57
5/10/15

PLEASE DONT BE A VICTIM LIKE ME. THEY DO NOTHING BUT TRY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF NON TECH SAVY PEOPLE. THEY TRIED TO SET UP A WESTERN UNION ACCOUNT IN MY NAME, WHILE TRYING TO TRANSFER THE MONEY FROM THE CARD I ORIGINALLY USED TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR SERVICE (YES, SHAME ON ME FOR FALLING FOR THEIR SERVICES) AND TRIED TO TRANSFER MONEY INTO A WESTERN UNION OFFICE IN INDIA! LUCKILY I ALREADY HAD MY BANKS FRAUD DEPT ON NOTICE WATCHING FOR ANY SUSPICIOUS TRANSACTIONS. WHEN THEY COULDNT GET MONEY, THEY HUNG UP. THEN HAD THE NERVES TO CALL BACK 2 WEEKS LATER WITH THE SAME PITCH, I GUESS HOPING THAT I FORGOT ABOUT THEIR FRAUD ACTS!! ALL I COULD SAY IS NORTON 360 IS YOUR BEST BET FOR TECH SUPPORT!!

garyh76
4/27/15

I'm a regular subscriber of click4support from last 2-3 years. They were always polite and knowledgeable. My first call to click4support last was on 2012, in which, they helped me to solve my issues, after that I realized that they have very knowledgeable techie skills. Therefore, I have been calling at click4support many times as I always got the right solution. Recently I was facing Internet explorer crashing problem which I was trying to solve, but I got it again, then I called click4support techies and they resolved my issues politely.

gabrielh20
4/16/15

I called click4support with my Laptop queries. I have virus issues in my Dell Inspiron; I talk with its technician who was a very knowledgeable person and he resolved my issue in a first call. I'm happy with its work. Thank you so much!!!!

stuartw23
4/2/15

Why people complain this company!!! According to my experience, I called number of times for my PC related problems all times their guys solve my issues effectively. They were excellent knowledgeable all time.

kateb24
3/19/15

All positive reviews are from the fraudulent Click4Support. They are hackers. Their objective is to steal your money and identity. They are Muslim Indians who not only support themselves with their scams but support terrorism. Steal from the American people to support ISIS etc. I don't know why the American government doesn't arrest these people. They also have call centers in India so it may be a challenge to get all of them. But this is also a matter of national security.

markc110
3/17/15

This want-a-be Apple Support group is a total fraudulent group of scammers. These off shore clowns address themselves as specialized Apple techs and make you believe that your Mac is in good hands. Wow.. was I ever misled by their BS. DO NOT EVER (I repeat EVER) GIVE THESE PEOPLE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER!! They will pretend to fix your PC for hours, possibly steal your identity, and then, $1000 later, turn your computer back over to you full of virus adware. When I finally got in touch with a real Apple Support tech, he told me that they (real Apple people) never take control of your computer and that they have never charged any of their Apple customers more than $29 to fix one of their devices after a customer's tech support contract expires. Also, be cautious when giving these scammers your credit card #. They just want your wallet and probably your identity. I assure them that they will NOT receive a dime from me as I am disputing their ridiculous charges as we speak with my financial institutions. They should be turned in to the Better Business Bureau for their fraudulent behavior.

billr40
3/12/15

I called click4support, they fix my computer issues and suggest Malwarebytes when my computer was showing lots of pop ads and unknown filesthey really help me!!!

neals30
3/9/15

Click4support technician repair my laptop within 1 hrs in my first call. I have no complaints.

kima44
2/21/15

I'm satisfied with c4s service, because they fix my pc and save my time

gavinc11
2/20/15

I don't know more about this company because I haven't called yet. But, last Monday I got Configuring error with my Netgear router. I tried some possible ways, but the issue was still. I got a click4support blog related router configuring tips. According the blog steps I successfully configure my router. I'm not sure, but I think so they provide good solution with their blog as per me.

kolenm
2/19/15

Nice Support, their expert provided to me best support for my renew ip problem within 45min. So, thanks to click4support team for helping me.

dickc15
12/23/14

we got a call from a guy who claimed to work for c4supp and he said they were going out of business and they intended to refund some of our money.I just needed to fill out an online form, so I did this.

It asked for info that made me suspicious, so I demanded that the rep tell me my account number with c4supp. He looked it up and I was satisfied, but he said that the form wasn't working and he forwarded me on to another guy, who asked for access to the machine like they do. I went along cause after all, they knew my number. Well after a series of attempts to get a credit card and online banking to work, he got pay pal to a point where he said that he could only credit accounts for a minimum of 800 bucks and I would have to give him the balance via a western union transfer.

I said no way and he got upset, when my wife was on the phone telling him to give our refund to charity I shut down the machine. It had some trouble with a password when starting back up, but it recovered from that when I forced a shutdown. Before all that happened another guy called back and said that they could fix the startup problem for 300 bucks, but about then it had recovered. About a week later a lady from c4 called in response to message that I'd left over a week before and I told her all this.

She says that they aren't going out of business and I asked for ID theft protection due to their security problem.

She assured me that they'd do that but when I called the next day they said no.

Worse when we asked why they weren't warning their clients about these imposters, they said they wouldn't do anything till their investigation was over. The scammers called me again today. Apparently they don't keep track of who they've tried.

lindab93
12/8/14

Click4Support is a fraudulent support company. They are the ones who are hacking into your computer. They put their number on a web page that looks like the real company but it is a scam. They put a shared computer onto yours in which they hide it and then put viruses on your computer on every thing that you utilize.

Response from Michael D., Click4Support.net Representative
Dear Linda,

Click4support is a legitimate third party tech support company that deals in providing technical assistance to whom so ever in need.

Our job is to rectify tech related issues being faced by our customers by offering certain instructions over the phone. But when we know that instructing would take lot of customer's time, we take the remote access (only after customer's permission) of the PC so that we ourselves can resolve the matter. At no instance, we install any virus in customer's PC.

If you have faced any trouble due to our support, we true heartedly appologize for that and request you to please share the Order ID at reputation@click4support.net for us to be able to look into the issue.

We monitor each and every call for quality purpose. Sharing details on our email ID would help us resolve the issue faster.

Regards,
Click4Support Team
warrrenm
11/28/14

I went to Click4support which advertised free set up service for Chromecast. They got me so confused that I let them have control over my computer. They told me that I had all sorts of problems and worked on it for over an hour. $1,000 later, they still could not fix the problem. The next day, they called my home and spoke with my wife. They told her that they were going to refund our money through Western Union. Western Union called her a few minutes later and they told her that they were trying to take an additional $700 from our bank account. Western Union told her that Click4suport is a scam. They did not get the additional $700. We called the police who sent an officer to our home to make a formal report. He told us that this is happening to people all over town. The next day, I went to my bank and filed a formal complaint stating that they took the $1,000 out of my account by making false promises. They are going to try to get us our money back. Therefore, watch out for these people. They are not honest. They also speak with such thick Indian accidents that they are hard to understand.

Fr. John W. Morris

jenniferm89
11/1/14

This is a total scam. DO NOT GIVE REMOTE ACCESS OR BANK INFO!! Beware of customer service numbers you pull up on the web. I thought I was calling Toshiba for technical support. I got these middle eastern guys, which is not uncommon with outsourcing, but the voice sounded the same each time I was transferred to different departments. The impression I was getting of a one-man-show was my first red flag. The haggling over prices for the "tools" I needed to purchase in order to fix the problem, and protect my network was the last straw. Big corporations don't haggle or negotiate and seemed like they just wanted a credit card number. When I asked for a name and number to call back after I considered it, they hung up. I erased every trace of their remote access to my computer and then restored my computer to a week prior. My technical issue was solved by restoring and they didn't get my card number or money. I consider myself lucky!! If I could rate this a ZERO, I would.

angelam29
10/13/14

I contacted this company around 2 months ago for my iPad, when it got issues in its operating system. I talk to many online tech support service providers and choose this one since I feel that they are sensible people. Their charges also seems nominal as compare to others. Their service works for me. May be you should talk to their help desk team. They will look into your matter and will take care of your issue.

Don't do business with this company. They are scammers. See my review from September 2014

By Judith P.

Maam, its a company that I would mot do business with. look at the reviews regarding this company. they were possibly going through your computer and setting up malware, so that either they can monitor your transactions and store your personal info. After being a victim of that company i went to Norton 360 which is a real online technical support company that can go thru your computer and erase all the malware that you might have. And they only charge under 100.00 a year. They claim to be from the US. But when I researched them, The phone number they us is us based, but you can have a phone number from most countries in the World, and be based elsewhere. Its part of the CON. You get a number that is from the US so it seems legitimate. Also if you pay attention to the names they call themselves, it is more than likely it will be a common american name like john, mike, steve, eric, susan, helen etc. Ive spoken to more than one of the people that work together under this so called company, and All of them share the same accent, it is an accent distinct to Pakistan and India. With that said, if they are from Pakistan,( I am muslim as well so I am not saying this out of ignorance) they should more often than not have a muslim name that is distinct to that area and speak Urdu as a primary or secondary language. It just seems odd to me that out of the 8 to ten people i had spoke too, all with the same accent (again I am a polyglot, so foreign accents is something I am good at) none of them had names other than the common American names. This makes it easy for them to relieve themselves of personal responsibility for their participation in this CON.

By Don C.
Questions? Get answers from the Click4Support.net staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Click4Support.net