Review of Staples

return@orders.staples.com
2018 Customer choice award

jamese217
2/7/19

I don't know how they can ship 8000 sheets of paper to my home for free, but they did. Quick and reliable. I will definitely order from them online again

anab153
1/31/19

If you buy online make sure you deliver it to the NEAREST STORE, otherwise you'll never get the item (unless you're sitting at home and waiting for the package). They don't call when they're about to deliver - they deliver between 9 and 5 (when everybody works) - they never deliver on the weekends - and they have 3 attempts. To make things worse, delivery guys enter the building without permission - I never got a call from downstairs, I was nearby, I could have come to take the package. Simply ridiculous! NEVER NEVER NEVER buying again with staples online!!!! Don't bother calling the customer service 877 number - they can't do anything. And then you wonder why Best Buy takes over the business.

ronniet12
1/15/19

I have been stuck in my house for five days. As luck would have it, I VERY MUCH need a computer part that broke three days ago. Staples.com on their website said if I ordered, I could have NEXT DAY delivery. Of course like a fool, I chose pick up in store (it's a hike by foot, but doable) to save the shipping fee. What a crock of crap! They just sent an email that delivery was DELAYED (no reason why) and it will be ready for pick up TOMORROW (and that is not what those SOBS claim on their website ["order today; pickup the next day"])! That means I have been with a broken computer for FIVE DAYS!!!!!! I chose this lying unreliable store because I can walk to it. I don't like waiting and I do NOT like BROKEN promises. NEVER EVER will I shop online with these lying sacks of crap and I just may be done with their brick and mortar stores too! STAY AWAY! THEY LIE!

thomask55
1/2/19

In an e-mail, Staples offers $30 off $60 purchase. Below are pictures of ink, laptops etc, Below the pictures is written in small writing that ink, laptops etc. are not included.
How stupid is that?

jenniferr429
11/28/18

Whatever you need for your home office or any type of office, they products here are authentic. Don't waste your money on fake sites saying they can help you save money. Stables has the best deal.

pattyc71
11/27/18

We recently bought an hp laptop from staples. It gradually got so it didn't work at all. Took it back. "Sorry, contact the manufacturer. We can't help you. " HP service is almost impossible to contact. We're still doing battle and stuck with a $600 laptop that is a lemon. Beware.

lindsayj34
10/26/18

I am an office manager for a small business in Toronto, ON.
Staples has caused more headaches with their deliveries than I care to recall, however save yourself the headache and just avoid their online services all together. I ordered a case or paper among other item, on Monday and STILL have yet to receive the case of paper and have been given nearly every excuse for the business to be held accountable.

To add insult to injury, the third representative I spoke to advised me to go to my nearest store to physically go pick up a case of paper..not only does that completely defeat the purpose of using the online services to begin with, I now have to take time from my day to leave the office and purchase paper.

I promise that our office will not be using Staples for online services ever again at any point. Such a disappointment.

bethanier
9/26/18

I bought new office furniture at the hyannis location at a great price and they even assembled for me. I got great treatment from Irena,even though it wasn't her department.

heatherl174
7/30/18

They have a great selection of office supplies. Their prices aren't too bad, and they have great sales.

rubyl38
7/25/18

They have very Good service for customer. You can always find what you need there. But the price is always too high.

dons297
7/1/18

I was in the Findlay, Ohio Staples store this morning and they were short of staff. I was looking for two items and neither were on the shelves. Aaron who works at the store was kind enough to go to the warehouse area and hunt up both items and stock the displays with them. He was pleasant, helpful, and had a big smile on his face. He moved around quickly and came back with the items I was looking for.
I was well pleased with his great attitude and working qualities. The Findlay store and Staples, in this day and age, to have such an quality employ.

reneek58
6/13/18

I placed an order with a representative on the phone. I had given the rep my correct address, but I saw in the confirmation email 3 hours later that they were mistakenly shipping the item to my daughter's home more than 1,000 miles away. I immediately called and asked the rep to correct their mistake on the delivery address. She said that she was unable to do that. She said that she had to cancel the first order and place a new order, so we did that. I paid for the 2nd order, had it delivered to my local Staples store, and picked it up the next day. Four days later, the first order that I was told had been cancelled was delivered to my daughter's home. I checked my credit card statement and saw that the first order had not been cancelled. I called again and asked to have the charge from the first order credited back to me. Staples will not credit that money back to me until my daughter delivers the item to UPS or to a Staples store and they verify that it has been returned. Staples made a mistake on the delivery address and on their failure to cancel the first order. They have wasted a lot of my time, and now they will also waste some of my daughter's time to get their mistakes corrected. This is a good way to drive long-time customers away from a business.

joyceh132
5/31/18

I went into the Albany, OR store to make copies from a USB drive. Not only did the copy machine keep canceling the print, the young girl who worked there said,"well, I can't do anything about it" She then proceeded to go back to sucking on her sucker hanging out of her mouth and ignored me. This is the 2nd time trying to make copies on machines that don't work. Same feckless girl both times. Never again!

howarda28
5/16/18

Went into the store on Monday to order an office chair - was told the item was in stock in the warehouse and would be delivered to my home on Friday between 9 and 5.

Friday came and went. Received an automated e-mail on Monday informing me that there was no stock of the item, and that my order was cancelled. No notice saying they have more on the way and I should expect it in x-xx days. Just cancelled!

Called customer service right away on Monday. They apologized, and said that they actually did have stock after all (there were apparently 54 at that time), and that I could place another order over the phone. Was asked for my credit card again. I thought ok, mistakes happen. Place an order a second time. Was told I the chair would be delivered the following day (Tuesday) between 9 and 5 pm, so once again made arrangements for someone to be at my home office to receive the chair. On Tuesday, the Staples truck DOES show up, but they're not delivering a chair. Apparently they were here to pick up a RETURN for an office chair. Later that day, I receive another automated e-mail stating that my second chair order has been cancelled due to the item being out of stock. WTF?

Called customer service yet again on Tuesday. Spoke to Keith this time. Explained the situation to him. He apologized and said he was going to call Cindy. Cindy is apparently the staff member who has the e-mail address of someone who works in the warehouse. One gatekeeper who relies on an e-mail inquiries to check warehouse stock. Are you kidding me? Staples clearly does not understand the importance of investing in a quality business process management system. Their inventory is not reconciled with their supply chain which means they have no idea when out of stock items will be replenished (or whether or not they are even on order). Keith assured me he would be in touch by phone or e-mail by the end of the day on Tuesday.

It's Wednesday. No e-mail/phone call from Keith. Called customer service yet again. I'm given the same run around treatment. "Must call Cindy. Cindy must e-mail the warehouse. Warehouse must reply to Cindy. Cindy must call the Customer Service Rep back. Customer service rep must get back to me." Doesn't this sound insane to you? In this day and age with all the cheap and readily available technology that can instantly make these kind of problems go away?! I'm baffled and so unimpressed! Goodbye Staples. Never again!

wallyt2
5/9/18

Got a staples card in 2017. Was hurt shortly after and had 5 eye surgeries in the next 14 months. located the card and asked for them to honor it. refused to and told me the monthly service charges of $ 3.00 had eaten up most of the balance. That amounted to a service charge 72 %. Will not spend another dime with them

rogerk30
5/7/18

I ordered Staples 4Drawer Letter Size Vertical File Cabinet Putty 265Inch
Item #470383 Order NUMBER: 9786701364, from Staples website on dated 05/06/18. And charged by credit card $85.16. Today received an email, staples cancelled my order. Spoken to sales rep, due to their fault they put wrong price on web site!!!! Staples is not responsible for the price they offered yesterday, when I bought this. As per there supervisor named Shauna, she cant do nothing and Staples is not responsible for there own error. In the mean time my credit card charged immediately and I don't see any refund yet for my credit card charges. Staples charge me credit card and use monies, and later they will refund, what a rip off. So please be careful for there website prices!!!! I will never order from them in future.

stuartb83
4/23/18

I ordered computer monitor for personal use and while they arrived quickly. They provided by good customer service and timely delivered product.

alexp244
4/16/18

Mathew R was outstanding and professional in his workman like service to both my wife and I when we came to the store to redeem my reward earnings and processed everything accordingly in a most expedient manner possible with great courtesy. My wife and I left your Shelton CT 06484 store extremely satisfied and pleased.

Sincerely Alex and Christine Pappas

jend71
2/27/18

I ordered computer monitors for my company and while they arrived quickly, the return process has been very trying. The monitors were of poor quality, so I wanted to return them. I'm still involved in a 3 week process that will likely take another 10 days to complete. It's really unbelievable. Buyer beware!

richardt146
2/26/18

I had a leaking cartidge and staff helped clean it up to see the barcode, they then identified the exact ink cartridge and shipped to my home.

sybils
2/3/18

I couldn't find the receipt for a computer chair I bought 2 1/2 years ago that had a problem. When i called the store, they reminded me I'd bought a warranty for three years. The warranty required a copy of the receipt. Staples only keeps them for 2 years, but they did their best for me by calling the warranty company and giving them whatever was needed. They did more than they had to and I am grateful.

robertb535
1/4/18

I needed some office supplies. I usually order from Amazon, but, for the first time in quite a while, I decided to give Staples a try again. BIG MISTAKE. Firstly, then sent the wrong item (ordered 11x17 paper, received 8.5x11). Secondly, the items were improperly packaged and the paper (the WRONG paper) arrived damaged. Thirdly, because of the second issue, the printer ink I ordered arrived frozen (middle of winter, temps near zero). I online chatted with their Customer Service rep Jose and he was unhelpful, didn't listen and seemed most interested in getting me off of the chat. I told him the issues, asked that the ink NOT be reshipped because it would just arrive frozen again, and asked him to verify that the correct size of paper was available. No verification, later received a notice that the ink had been shipped but not the paper. CALLED their Customer Service, received the same run around. TL:DR incorrect products shipped poorly, HORRIBLE Customer Service Reps. And if THEY make a mistake, YOU are required to fix it. They take NO responsibility. Don't make the same mistake - shop elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Shop elsewhere.

randyv12
1/2/18

We were promised 2-day free delivery of an item that was not in stock in store. Then got email confirmation of delivery in about 10 days and cancelled order. The order was cancelled, the item was never shipped to us, but Staples refuses to issue the refund until they move the product back to their warehouse- which has so far taken over 2 weeks. They are liars and also behaving dishonestly with our money.

robertf234
1/2/18

U first get in there it rough to find your way around. Once u find it its easy going they have all ur needs.

karenc270
12/28/17

Sale price posted on shelf, I was made to feel like they were doing me some huge favor honoring sale, then tried to get me to pay full price after manager said he would give me the sale price.
He took all of my information to ship item to my house, then at the register, told me he wasnt giving me the price he promised..
This store (#609) wont see me again, Horrible way to treat a customer!
2hrs of my time wasted!

281 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Good service at their brick and mortar store, now good service online

By James E.

Questions? Get answers from the Staples staff and other customers.

Staples?