Review of BuyBuyBaby

customer.service@buybuybaby.com
2018 Customer choice award

wandag49
2/1/19

I purchased a baby bed in Austin Buy Buy Baby at the end of October. The employee was rude and insisted she could not sell me the bed because I was strapping it to the rails on my car. With the help of a store manager I was able to purchase the product only to be followed out the door by another manager who watched their employee drop the bed at my car and make sure he did not help load it. I have no problem with that , however if looks could kill I would have been dead.. In November I would purchase the dresser only to find out it was out of stock. We waited through December only to find out it was discontinued. By now I can not take back the bed. I called the manufacturer to find out they have a similar dresser in the same color. She said it was in stock. She talked to the store associate and I ordered right then with a nightstand. My daughter is having a house built so I sent the items to the store to be picked up by me. The nightstand showed up but no dresser. I am now being told it is out of stock. The delivery part of the company said it is not the policy to be delivered to the store that it is a white glove delivery because of the weight. Long story short, I have a bed and nightstand and now no dresser. My grand baby is due Feb 28 and the dresser will arrive (maybe) March24th. I can honestly say that Sarah at the Tyler store in the baby department has gone above and beyond to try to make this horrible experience right. She has impeccable customer service skills. If I owned a business I would want her as an employee. The overall experience of everything else is questionable. I recommend purchasing your baby furniture from a reliable and reputable business. This is not the place. My heart goes out to everyone who has gone through an ordeal like this at a time when purchasing baby furniture should be a happy and memorable experience.

jeanneg59
1/31/19

My son and his girlfriend picked out a stroller/ carseat system that they wanted. The site says that if you give them your email address, they will send you a coupon for 20% off. The coupon is actually for Bed Bath and Beyond, and not everything available at buybuyBaby is available through Bed Bath and Beyond. The first stroller they chose was only available at Target, where the coupon is no good and the stroller was not available within 100 miles. The second one they chose, was not available through Bed Bath and Beyond, so the coupon could not be used. I question their corporate integrity.

jenniferr429
1/31/19

This company has gone out of business. You may not receive the products you have requested. They filed bankruptcy.

elenag64
1/15/19

Made an order more than two weeks ago. They claimed to have shipped it twice but refuse to give me a tracking number. I keep emailing them complaining about how I did not receive my order and they keep replying that I should call them but won't give me a phone number I can actually use (I am not in the US). Made an order of more than 400euros and 15 days later all they did was take my money and lied. I am reporting them for fraud. Stay away from this shop, don't give them your hard earned money.

daniela321
1/10/19

Their customer service is awful, you'll be lucky if they don't completely ignore you. Half of the items in my order were missing and they just instructed me to contact the carrier when obviously it was their fault. Still trying to get my money back and items were for a shower ... Don't waste your time.

sarahm768
1/3/19

Overall a GREAT experience. they had everything we wanted and we're not registering anywhere else. I am definitely a fan of Buy Buy Baby. They have great selection and great prices. The staff is hit or miss. Some of them are wonderful and others are not so great. I always travel to Buy Buy Baby for all my baby needs. Their baby proofing section is huge and you will seriously find anything you need there.

christiec33
12/29/18

I shop their sales and have gotten some great deals on organic cotton baby clothes. Everything I've ordered is decent quality. They've become a regular source for me as my daughter grows.

helens279
12/27/18

I got 20% off from already low prices with free shipping. Great deals nice website and I hope to come here again in the future for more shopping needs. My baby is already three months, and supplies are not going to last forever.

kevp4
12/21/18

The people who work at this store are envious. If they see you buying things in the store too many times the employees start gossiping about you and then out of nowhere will make little remarks. These people have no lives outside of the store apparently so they delve into the lives of others.

tinat137
12/5/18

Worst customer service, staff is useless, no follow-up on late or back orders. Save your self sanity and shop elsewhere.

doloresa22
11/19/18

Could find just about everything I needed here for my little blessing, everything seemed good quality and the prices are quite reasonable.

jillh153
11/10/18

While trying to purchase car seats for over an hour, noone seemed interested in helping in the store. Knew exactly what was wanted, even had carts loaded. Recommend store in Mooresville, NC figure out training their staff. Good items in store, but frustrating to wait so long.

elenam83
11/1/18

Don't order furniture from BuyBuyBaby unless you have time to call customer service multiple times, repack and ship back broken furniture, and receive your delivery 3-4 weeks late.

I initially ordered a nursery chair from BuyBuyBaby on 10/4, scheduled for delivery on 10/10. It never came. I called customer service, who determined there was a problem with the shipment, and sent us another chair.

The chair arrived on 10/26, damaged. We called customer service to arrange for a replacement shipment and pick up of the damaged chair by FedEx. The customer service representative arranged for the replacement shipment, but not the pick-up.

I called customer service again on 10/29 to confirm the pickup, and the representative said it was scheduled. FedEx never came. I called a third time, the customer service representative discovered the but pick-up had never been arranged. She arranged the pickup for me, but failed to mention that I needed to repack the item (a 77-lb chair) before FedEx would take it.

Replacement chair is scheduled 11/3 - let's see if it works.

traceyt41
10/18/18

I bought a baby bed from this store and I was completely satisfied with my purchase. The mattress was comfortable and the size of the bed was adjustable, so it fit perfectly in my room next to my bed. The baby had no sleeping problems.The whole shopping experience was delightful, so I am definitely going back to this store!

johnw1387
10/15/18

Ordered baby bed in August, as of Oct 15 no bed. Said it would be delivered no later than Sept. 4. Constantly told they will call back but they never call back. Say the bed is being delivered but can't tell me when. Paid $800 for this bed and nothing. Paid $100 for "white glove delivery", what a joke. They must be going bankrupt, got the money but not giving me the bed. You do not want to buy anything from these incompetents.

yuanyingw
10/10/18

I ordered a baby car seat for 499. When i received package it's a dinner plate it's so ridiculous. then i have driven 1 and half hour to exchange and it was raining. i ordered red car seat but they only have black car seat.i have no choice because the due date is tomorrow
What really pisses me off is i spent $20 for gas wasted 3hours and car seat color is not what i want.
i need red red red red red red car seat

joannar31
9/25/18

I bought tons of stuff for my newborn niece on this website. I was very satisfied and so were her parents. I will be coming back in the future, for sure!

igar
9/8/18

.During pregnancy, I started to be interested in the company, so I ordered many items needed for my baby. Now, when my baby ;) is two years old, I still buy their clothes and accessories, and I'm satisfied.

halam3
9/3/18

It is a joke that in this day and age you cannot look up returned items purchased by a credit or debit card and you have to deduct 20% of the price accordingly for an exchange. I believe that is an unfair policy to waste peoples hard earned money just because they have misplaced the receipt ! Especially items purchased 2 weeks prior in the same selling condition. Shame!

paulinap11
8/27/18

I feel that the products they carry in store are not really affordable for the everyday working parent. Yes they would be nice. But $300 for a stroller is outrageous. I can go to another store and find a similar product for a lot cheaper. I feel that their prices on a lot of their peoducts are just too high.

maryw553
8/27/18

I bought my son and his wife nursery furniture as a gift. One piece arrived - still awaiting the others. The item that arrived is a night stand and should have been a changing topper for the dresser. When calling to get it correct, customer service informed me they WILL NOT correct it with me. They said HE must call. I ordered it, I paid for it with MY credit card, but they cannot speak to me about getting the order correct. UNBELIEVABLE. I guess the buyer has zero rights with this company. I will not be shopping at any of the BuyBuy Baby stores nor online again. This is very disappointing as I have two grandchildren on the way. Amazon has never given me any issues like this. I really hope that when the large furniture arrives, that it is correct and what I ordered and already paid for.

Does the picture below look like a changing topper????

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING - If the store does not have it, MOVE ON

krystezzb
7/26/18

I order for my granddaughter all the time, just ordered 6 on sale 3 piece outfits. Love, love shopping this way, My grandson is now too big for shopping here. If you watch the sales, you can get great deals.

saras306
7/24/18

We do not have a BuyBuy Baby in Arkansas so I was thrilled to get to experience the store in Plano. While the store was incredible the lady that was helping me made my experience 100% even more incredible!!

Thank you Cecilia for your AMAZING customer service!

ginav25
7/17/18

I cant tell you how many items I have put on my registry..all for them to be out of stock or discontinued with no notification of this! I would add something then go on and check and it would be discontinued or unavailable. ...OR as I'm browsing through stuff online to add to my registry I would click on many items all for them to be unavailable...then why have them even posted to the website? Also shipping takes FOREVER like a week , and sometimes a week and a half. If I bought like 4 small things sometimes they would come all shipped separately on separate days. Just kinda sucks

jennessap
7/13/18

My baby furniture was suppose to take 9-11 weeks which is already a long time. The salesman of course wanted to make a $2K sale so he swore it would be closer to 9 weeks. Now that it has hit the 11 week mark, they say it will be 15 weeks. So I am about to give birth with no furniture except a bed. Since I have the bed together I am stuck still waiting or I would have to get a bedroom suite that doesnt match. This delivery date is unacceptable.

113 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes.you can

By Hasan n.

Questions? Get answers from the BuyBuyBaby staff and other customers.

2 Photos for BuyBuyBaby