Review of BuyBuyBaby

customer.service@buybuybaby.com
2017 Customer choice award

jillh153
11/10/18

While trying to purchase car seats for over an hour, noone seemed interested in helping in the store. Knew exactly what was wanted, even had carts loaded. Recommend store in Mooresville, NC figure out training their staff. Good items in store, but frustrating to wait so long.

elenam83
11/1/18

Don't order furniture from BuyBuyBaby unless you have time to call customer service multiple times, repack and ship back broken furniture, and receive your delivery 3-4 weeks late.

I initially ordered a nursery chair from BuyBuyBaby on 10/4, scheduled for delivery on 10/10. It never came. I called customer service, who determined there was a problem with the shipment, and sent us another chair.

The chair arrived on 10/26, damaged. We called customer service to arrange for a replacement shipment and pick up of the damaged chair by FedEx. The customer service representative arranged for the replacement shipment, but not the pick-up.

I called customer service again on 10/29 to confirm the pickup, and the representative said it was scheduled. FedEx never came. I called a third time, the customer service representative discovered the but pick-up had never been arranged. She arranged the pickup for me, but failed to mention that I needed to repack the item (a 77-lb chair) before FedEx would take it.

Replacement chair is scheduled 11/3 - let's see if it works.

traceyt41
10/18/18

I bought a baby bed from this store and I was completely satisfied with my purchase. The mattress was comfortable and the size of the bed was adjustable, so it fit perfectly in my room next to my bed. The baby had no sleeping problems.The whole shopping experience was delightful, so I am definitely going back to this store!

johnw1387
10/15/18

Ordered baby bed in August, as of Oct 15 no bed. Said it would be delivered no later than Sept. 4. Constantly told they will call back but they never call back. Say the bed is being delivered but can't tell me when. Paid $800 for this bed and nothing. Paid $100 for "white glove delivery", what a joke. They must be going bankrupt, got the money but not giving me the bed. You do not want to buy anything from these incompetents.

yuanyingw
10/10/18

I ordered a baby car seat for 499. When i received package it's a dinner plate it's so ridiculous. then i have driven 1 and half hour to exchange and it was raining. i ordered red car seat but they only have black car seat.i have no choice because the due date is tomorrow
What really pisses me off is i spent $20 for gas wasted 3hours and car seat color is not what i want.
i need red red red red red red car seat

joannar31
9/25/18

I bought tons of stuff for my newborn niece on this website. I was very satisfied and so were her parents. I will be coming back in the future, for sure!

igar
9/8/18

.During pregnancy, I started to be interested in the company, so I ordered many items needed for my baby. Now, when my baby ;) is two years old, I still buy their clothes and accessories, and I'm satisfied.

halam3
9/3/18

It is a joke that in this day and age you cannot look up returned items purchased by a credit or debit card and you have to deduct 20% of the price accordingly for an exchange. I believe that is an unfair policy to waste peoples hard earned money just because they have misplaced the receipt ! Especially items purchased 2 weeks prior in the same selling condition. Shame!

paulinap11
8/27/18

I feel that the products they carry in store are not really affordable for the everyday working parent. Yes they would be nice. But $300 for a stroller is outrageous. I can go to another store and find a similar product for a lot cheaper. I feel that their prices on a lot of their peoducts are just too high.

maryw553
8/27/18

I bought my son and his wife nursery furniture as a gift. One piece arrived - still awaiting the others. The item that arrived is a night stand and should have been a changing topper for the dresser. When calling to get it correct, customer service informed me they WILL NOT correct it with me. They said HE must call. I ordered it, I paid for it with MY credit card, but they cannot speak to me about getting the order correct. UNBELIEVABLE. I guess the buyer has zero rights with this company. I will not be shopping at any of the BuyBuy Baby stores nor online again. This is very disappointing as I have two grandchildren on the way. Amazon has never given me any issues like this. I really hope that when the large furniture arrives, that it is correct and what I ordered and already paid for.

Does the picture below look like a changing topper????

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING - If the store does not have it, MOVE ON

krystezzb
7/26/18

I order for my granddaughter all the time, just ordered 6 on sale 3 piece outfits. Love, love shopping this way, My grandson is now too big for shopping here. If you watch the sales, you can get great deals.

saras306
7/24/18

We do not have a BuyBuy Baby in Arkansas so I was thrilled to get to experience the store in Plano. While the store was incredible the lady that was helping me made my experience 100% even more incredible!!

Thank you Cecilia for your AMAZING customer service!

ginav25
7/17/18

I cant tell you how many items I have put on my registry..all for them to be out of stock or discontinued with no notification of this! I would add something then go on and check and it would be discontinued or unavailable. ...OR as I'm browsing through stuff online to add to my registry I would click on many items all for them to be unavailable...then why have them even posted to the website? Also shipping takes FOREVER like a week , and sometimes a week and a half. If I bought like 4 small things sometimes they would come all shipped separately on separate days. Just kinda sucks

jennessap
7/13/18

My baby furniture was suppose to take 9-11 weeks which is already a long time. The salesman of course wanted to make a $2K sale so he swore it would be closer to 9 weeks. Now that it has hit the 11 week mark, they say it will be 15 weeks. So I am about to give birth with no furniture except a bed. Since I have the bed together I am stuck still waiting or I would have to get a bedroom suite that doesnt match. This delivery date is unacceptable.

christineh248
7/11/18

We ordered an expensive stroller to be delivered to our son and daughter-in-law. The stroller didn't arrive and when I went online to check the order it was marked CANCELLED. No explanation Nobody contacted us. I have emailed their allegedly helpful customer service department 3 times in three days and have received no response to my enquiry. We have given up and will send cash to our son and daughter-in-law so they can simply purchase the stroller elsewhere themselves, What awful customer service!!!

michelem192
6/17/18

I ordered an expensive high chair for a gift for a baby shower that I was not able to attend in February. I received a notice that the chair was shipped in February, and I thought nothing more about it. I did not receive a thank you note for several months, so I asked my friend about it. She said she did not receive the high chair. I was extremely embarrassed and I immediately contacted Buy Buy Baby and was told at first that they would have to investigate to see who's fault it was. I kept calling and was finally told that a high chair would be shipped out. I insisted on express shipping since the gift was already been more than 2 months late. I was told that the high chair would be sent out express shipping and she would receive it in one or two days. Of course I told my friend this and kept asking her if she had received the shipment. My embarrassment continued daily until she finally received it more than a week later! This company did nothing to make the problem right after screwing up so bad. I will not be using them again.

lisam819
6/12/18

This company is a scam. White glove service does not exist. The crib was never delivered and here we are with no refund for a product that they said was damaged and sent back to the manufacturer and I still did not get a refund. Never ordering from them again!

reutz2
4/16/18

I love BuyBuyBaby. It's like a heaven for baby products. You can find whatever you want there. Would definitely go there again.

donnas259
4/7/18

Registered about 3 weeks and decided to make some edits today. As I scrolled through my registry 22 of the 94 items I had registered for said no longer available. These were the simplest of items, spoos, bowls, pacifiers...NO LONGER AVAIALABLE! WISH WE STILL HAD BABYSRUS

cindyb173
3/25/18

BuyBuyBaby is the best buy option for your precious babies. Great deal price which is unbeatable by others. Satisfied!

geea2
2/21/18

I set up my baby registry three weeks before my baby shower. Everything I had chosen was in stock, and standard, reasonable prices.
When my guests tried to purchase many of the gifts on the registry, more then half of them said "unavailable."
I received no notice of this, and was never informed that they were out of stock of anything. So disappointed. Had I known my guests were having this issue beforehand, I would have switched my registry to somewhere more reliable.

robino15
2/1/18

Wish I had found this site earlier in my daughter's life. This site saved me money on a stroller and a monitor. The site is easy to navigate and had reasonable shipping.

donnas244
1/2/18

I BOUGHT A GIFT WHICH WAS DELIVERED TO ME INSTEAD OF THE COUPLE THAT CREATED THE REGISTRY. I CALLED BUYBUYBABY ON A WEDNESDAY AND WAS TOLD 'NO PROBLEM', THE ITEM (A STROLLER WHICH COST $970+ DOLLARS) WILL BE PICKED UP THE NEXT DAY AND WILL BE DELIVERED TO THE REGISTRANT. THE ITEM WAS NOT PICKED UP ON THURSDAY SO I CALLED AGAIN. I WAS TOLD THE PACKAGE WOULD BE PICKED UP ON FRIDAY. THE PACKAGE WAS NOT PICKED UP ON FRIDAY SO I CALLED THE COMPANY AGAIN. ON SATURDAY THE ITEM HAD STILL NOT BEEN PICKED UP SO I CALLED THE COMPANY AGAIN AND THEY TOLD ME THAT FEDEX HAD TRIED TO PICK UP THE PACKAGE THAT DAY BUT NO ONE WAS HOME. I LIVE IN A BUILDING WITH DOORMEN ON DUTY 24/7 AND EVERYONE KNEW THAT THE PACKAGE WAS IN THE PACKAGE ROOM WAITING TO BE PICKED UP AND NO ONE CAME TO PICK IT UP. WHY DOES A COMPANY HAVE TO LIE WHEN THEY MESS UP?

kellid17
12/8/17

Did an online purchase 11/28 estimated time of arrival was 12/7 which is when I received it but I was surprised it was going to take a week and a half to get here. Opened the box and all the stuff was there but nothing was gift wrapped as I paid for it. Quality of stuff is good but the baby shower is tomorrow and I now have to get out to find wrapping. The "message" they offer is on the packing and return document. Barely found it. I wonder how many people pay for gift wrapping and send it to the individual rather than themselves and it never gets wrapped! My advice Amazon.com gets it to you quicker and you will have plenty of time to wrap it yourself.

cassieg4
11/27/17

HORRIBLE customer service and such a pain in the a**. Ordered a blanket and swaddle set only to be told after purchasing the swaddles were cancelled and wouldn't be in the shipment 4 days later. I found the swaddles and blanket on the manufacturers site cheaper, and requested a price match, only to be told the next day they would not honor the price match because it was sold out on the manufacturers site... the next day was Black Friday so shocker it was sold out captain genius? I had taken a photo of the item in stock on line from the day I requested the price match so still waiting to see if they decide to honor it or not. Overall horrible experience and needed to vent online. NEVER shopping with them again all over a $10 price match and some awful customer service representatives.

I'd rather pay more money at another store for good service and an easier experience.

113 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes.you can

By Hasan n.

Questions? Get answers from the BuyBuyBaby staff and other customers.

2 Photos for BuyBuyBaby