Review of Brilliance

service@brilliance.com
2017 Customer choice award

barryg38
8/22/17

My fiance LOVES her ring and that's all that matters. I was disappointed that the customer service people do not seem to be properly versed in the lifetime warranty, its limits, exclusions, etc. I had to change my setting after ordering because of this, causing a significant unexpected additional expense. Also, I was VERY surprised that there was ZERO follow up to see if I was happy with the purchase. All I keep getting are endless e-mails flooding my mailbox with offers, but not satisfaction survey.

sammyu1
8/7/17

Erin worked with us to find an absolutely stunning stone that is as unique as we are. We were not findin what we were looking for by searching on the site and with in just a few days, Erin found the perfect match! She also gave outstanding advice on the band based on pictures I sent. Once ordered, the stone got caught in customs but some how the AMAZING orders department got the ring to us at the exact perfect time like magic! Thank you thank you thank you!

domr4
7/31/17

Customer Service: Erin was awesome and answered all my questions without hesitation. She sent me photos and videos of all the diamonds that I wanted to see. She also provided other diamond options within my budget that were better quality than the diamonds that I was viewing. I highly recommend her if you're going to purchase from Brilliance.

Price: Brillance had the best prices for loose diamonds that I could find. They beat out my local jewelers as well as online retailers.

Packaging: Brilliance lags in this department as they send your merchandise in a cardboard box with "Brilliance" written across. Of course, the ring is in its own box, but I would have liked a box for all of my documentation. The cloth provided is also very small and ineffective for cleaning.

Overall: Due to their pricing, customer service that I received and beautiful ring, I rated Brilliance a 4 out of 5. As I mentioned, their packaging needs improvement.

callief7
7/31/17

My fiancé got me a ring that I designed and it couldn't be any more perfect! There are a ton of diamonds in all price ranges to choose from. With Brilliance it is easy to get a beautiful ring without spending thousands at other jewelry stores.

nf45
7/17/17

We wanted to upgrade the center stone on my wedding ring, so I searched online for a website and right away found Brilliance.com. I loved how you could filter out all the sizes and shapes to find just the right one. I also loved how you could see the actual diamond instead of just a picture of any old diamond. The diamond was so beautiful and exceeded my expectations. Would definitely recommend this company if you are looking for a diamond.

snowj
7/16/17

John was my rep, and he was very patient and helpful while I was still in my anxious planning stage. But he never pressured me, and checked in periodically like a good friend, rather than a salesperson. The ring turned out beautiful, and the experience was very pleasant. Go here first.

jessicas269
7/13/17

We are getting married in November. The theme of the wedding is New York where we were both raised. When we saw the New York skyline wedding band, it was an instant like and he wanted no other. Thank you for designing a ring that is unique, that is out of the ordinary, that will definitely be a conversation starter because of it's exquisite character.

tannerw9
7/11/17

I ordered a center stone for an engagement ring and had a good experience. I felt like Brilliance had the best prices compared to some other places. The stone I got is GIA Certified and is good quality. I am happy with my purchase from Brilliance.

britnym
7/11/17

Your mens cobalt wedding band with trees laser engraved around it is the most perfect ring for my husband. The design looks awesome, the comfort fit band feels good and the cobalt is proving to be very scratch resistant!

brandonc62
7/10/17

The diamond was much better than I imagined. The sales rep talked me out of my original selection and I'll admit I was skeptical at first. I took the reps advice and am a very happy camper.

My fiancé is very happy with the rock.

dougw43
7/10/17

I bought an engagement ring from Brilliance. A couple days before it was due, I was told that there was a problem with the diamond. Anthony at Brilliance was very helpful, helped me pick out a new diamond, and made sure that I got the ring when I needed it. I highly recommend them!

jakem75
7/10/17

After shopping for days in stores and hours and hours of research online we decided to go with Brilliance. We were on a deadline and after ordering a customized ring we received it earlier than expected AND it was gorgeous. We picked Out a certain diamond and our salesman recommended a different, better one that was even less expensive. During the entire process I had our salesmans direct phone number and was able to keep in constant communication with him w every concern or question that came up. I can't say nothing about this company and i recommend them to anyone.

amyc174
7/10/17

I worked with John to create a beautiful custom engagement ring for my best friend. It was a super experience, we got exactly what we wanted in the price range that fit the budget. I couldn't recommend brilliance.com more.

lukec55
Luke C.
7/10/17

Low Price, Quality work, what else can you ask for? The customer service is responsive and courteous. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

kb146
7/6/17

I ordered an engagement ring to be modeled on a Cartier design. They assured me it would be an exact copy.

It turned out to be anything but. I highlighted in the design stage that the claw setting was much larger than the original but they informed me it would polish down smaller during the manufacturing process.

When it arrived the finish was in my opinion appalling. The claw was as large as I had feared and each claw was round in shape while the original is shaped more like an eagle talon.

The side channel walls were irregularly and poorly polished and the channel set diamond settings protruded above the channel at random heights with one particularly high.

Finally the under part of the settings were not polished and seemed to be left as cast. The overall impression I had was one of really cheap quality and no attention to detail.

They offered to take it back and rework it but I didn't have any confidence in them doing a better job second time round plus I had also paid nearly $700 in import taxes and a fiancé waiting for her ring so it would have been tricky and time consuming.

So I took it to an ex Graf diamond jeweller who removed the main claw and made one to the original design, removed the diamonds and repolished everything to an amazing standard, he also replaced two of the diamonds that had cracks in which I had not noticed.

So on one side It cost me a lot for a ring that I ended up just using for spare parts, but on the other side I discovered a true craftsman who I will be doing a lot more business with

Update

I posted this review originally on Trustpilot and within 2 mins had a call from the Brilliance management indicating they would have liked the chance to remedy the situation which was a nice touch, however they then proceeded to dispute the transaction even took place to get it removed and I have just had to send the order details through to get it reinstated which of course is a little more hassle.

I have sent photos to them in the meantime to confirm the points made, it will be interesting to see if this review is challenged or if they are serious in proving they care about the customer experience.

Watch this space for further updates

ralphh48
7/5/17

Brilliance did an amazing job on our engagement ring. We did our research and shopped around and are so thrilled that we went with Brilliance. The ring is stunning and the quality and workmanship exceeded our expectations! Both friends and strangers comment on how they love the ring. We were so pleased with the engagement ring that we purchased a custom order groom's ring from Brilliance and are equally pleased. It was also a pleasure to work with Jennifer. She was helpful, responsive, professional and provided excellent customer service. We were hesitant to purchase over the Internet but glad we trusted the reviews and chose Brilliance.

elizabethm218
6/26/17

Looking for new diamond stud earrings can be a research-intensive experience. Buying on-line certainly could make one nervous and apprehensive as well. After visiting several jewelry stores and looking over numerous websites, we choose brilliance.com as our diamond source. We worked with Erin at Brillance choosing the perfect stones and felt very comfortable with her expertise and friendly demeanour and were assured that our order would arrive safe and sound via FedEx. Lo and behold my geourgous Diamonds arrived and I couldn't be happier with how they look. So, who would buy diamonds on line? I did, and would do it again!

travism71
6/25/17

I looked at many places to buy an engagement ring for my fiance. She deserved something beautiful but something that showed elegance and quality. After looking at in store retailers i knew that the quality and the value i was not going to find there. I started looking at online retailers and found Brilliance. I was impressed with the selection of not only quality but how many choices i had. I found her a perfect ring and was able to get a great quality in the budget i wanted to stay in as well as her style. She is in love with her ring it is perfect for her. The purchasing process was easy i was able to get it to her size and engrave her ring. A lot of places i talked to said it would not be recommended to get a halo setting with a size 4 1/4 that it would cause to much tension but Brilliance was able to make her ring and it really shows the quality of craftsmanship. I also like that they do life time trade-ins just like in store jewelers and her diamond was GIA certified. As well as gave you an appraisal of the ring. They also were able to get the ring right on time for the proposal we were leaving out of country and was able to pull of the timing with it being a custom ring. Jordon was a representative i spoke with that did an excellent job to make sure that happened. They made it perfect and the trip that much more special. I had my doubts at first buying such an important thing online but we couldn't be happier. We would recommend Brilliance to anyone. Her ring is stunning it sparkles great quality and she gets complements all the time. Overall very satisfied with Brilliance.

rodericke6
6/25/17

I was set on getting the perfect engagement ring and I knew I wanted the best diamond I could afford then the right setting to compliment it. I was very appreciative of the experts at Brilliance. A rep was available and answered all my questions and made excellent suggestions. I found the perfect diamond and the most awesome setting for the diamond. Couldn't be more happy and she definitely said yes!!

sidc8
6/24/17

I checked out local jewelers and on-line sites for a pear- shaped diamond and ring setting for our anniversary. I was able to find the exact diamond grade, size and ring setting on Brilliance. Customer service was great about helping me pick the exact stone and they kept me informed all the way until delivery. The pricing of the total ring was very competitive to the lowest prices I could find for the same quality. I will definitely shop again with them in the future.

rexs15
6/23/17

I recently purchased a engagement ring at Brilliance and Worked with Erin she was Excellent! Exceeded every Expectation! The ring was Gorgeous! Helped with the setting, just perfect! What we were looking for along with the perfect cushion diamond! Very! Satisfied! Thank You! Again! Brilliance! And Erin! Definitely Recommend! Rex Slipka ...... Happy!

davidp348
6/22/17

Very good service. Fast friendly. Product arrived in time and they followed up to make sure I was happy.

camillep10
6/22/17

I ordered my fiancés ring from Brilliance, and it is beautiful. The engraving was also very nice. Would definitely recommend

brentm46
6/22/17

I purchased an $8000 dollar ring that made my fiancé feel like a million dollars. I would definitely recommend dealing with a brilliance salesman.

zacv2
6/22/17

I am extremely satisfied with their customer service and the diamond. their staff helped me to get the most value for my money and they called to let me schedule when it shipped

61 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Roger thank you for your question. Could we schedule a time to speak over the phone to go over our policies and what you are looking for? What is the best contact number to call?

By Jonathon O., Brilliance Representative

Noel, thank you for submitting a question and you most likely emailed Erin on her day off. We have confirmed she has sent you an update and if there are any additional questions we can help with please do not hesitate to let us know.

By Jonathon O., Brilliance Representative

Karen, Thank you for submitting your question. We work by appointment only in our showroom and you can email us at service@brilliance.com to arrange a time.

By Jonathon O., Brilliance Representative

Yes we do. We work with PayPal Credit to offer financing and also can tailor a payment plan based on your order as well. Please contact our Sales Team with the specific item(s) you are looking for and we can take it from there.

By Jonathon O., Brilliance Representative

Noel I wanted to follow up to make sure you got the diamond and it worked out for you? I personally looked at it before it left our offices and was very impressed with the value and size myself. Thank you

By Jonathon O., Brilliance Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Brilliance staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Brilliance