Review of Brilliance

service@brilliance.com
2017 Customer choice award

tannerw9
7/11/17

I ordered a center stone for an engagement ring and had a good experience. I felt like Brilliance had the best prices compared to some other places. The stone I got is GIA Certified and is good quality. I am happy with my purchase from Brilliance.

britnym
7/11/17

Your mens cobalt wedding band with trees laser engraved around it is the most perfect ring for my husband. The design looks awesome, the comfort fit band feels good and the cobalt is proving to be very scratch resistant!

brandonc62
7/10/17

The diamond was much better than I imagined. The sales rep talked me out of my original selection and I'll admit I was skeptical at first. I took the reps advice and am a very happy camper.

My fiancé is very happy with the rock.

dougw43
7/10/17

I bought an engagement ring from Brilliance. A couple days before it was due, I was told that there was a problem with the diamond. Anthony at Brilliance was very helpful, helped me pick out a new diamond, and made sure that I got the ring when I needed it. I highly recommend them!

jakem75
7/10/17

After shopping for days in stores and hours and hours of research online we decided to go with Brilliance. We were on a deadline and after ordering a customized ring we received it earlier than expected AND it was gorgeous. We picked Out a certain diamond and our salesman recommended a different, better one that was even less expensive. During the entire process I had our salesmans direct phone number and was able to keep in constant communication with him w every concern or question that came up. I can't say nothing about this company and i recommend them to anyone.

amyc174
7/10/17

I worked with John to create a beautiful custom engagement ring for my best friend. It was a super experience, we got exactly what we wanted in the price range that fit the budget. I couldn't recommend brilliance.com more.

lukec55
Luke C.
7/10/17

Low Price, Quality work, what else can you ask for? The customer service is responsive and courteous. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

kb146
7/6/17

I ordered an engagement ring to be modeled on a Cartier design. They assured me it would be an exact copy.

It turned out to be anything but. I highlighted in the design stage that the claw setting was much larger than the original but they informed me it would polish down smaller during the manufacturing process.

When it arrived the finish was in my opinion appalling. The claw was as large as I had feared and each claw was round in shape while the original is shaped more like an eagle talon.

The side channel walls were irregularly and poorly polished and the channel set diamond settings protruded above the channel at random heights with one particularly high.

Finally the under part of the settings were not polished and seemed to be left as cast. The overall impression I had was one of really cheap quality and no attention to detail.

They offered to take it back and rework it but I didn't have any confidence in them doing a better job second time round plus I had also paid nearly $700 in import taxes and a fiancé waiting for her ring so it would have been tricky and time consuming.

So I took it to an ex Graf diamond jeweller who removed the main claw and made one to the original design, removed the diamonds and repolished everything to an amazing standard, he also replaced two of the diamonds that had cracks in which I had not noticed.

So on one side It cost me a lot for a ring that I ended up just using for spare parts, but on the other side I discovered a true craftsman who I will be doing a lot more business with

Update

I posted this review originally on Trustpilot and within 2 mins had a call from the Brilliance management indicating they would have liked the chance to remedy the situation which was a nice touch, however they then proceeded to dispute the transaction even took place to get it removed and I have just had to send the order details through to get it reinstated which of course is a little more hassle.

I have sent photos to them in the meantime to confirm the points made, it will be interesting to see if this review is challenged or if they are serious in proving they care about the customer experience.

Watch this space for further updates

ralphh48
7/5/17

Brilliance did an amazing job on our engagement ring. We did our research and shopped around and are so thrilled that we went with Brilliance. The ring is stunning and the quality and workmanship exceeded our expectations! Both friends and strangers comment on how they love the ring. We were so pleased with the engagement ring that we purchased a custom order groom's ring from Brilliance and are equally pleased. It was also a pleasure to work with Jennifer. She was helpful, responsive, professional and provided excellent customer service. We were hesitant to purchase over the Internet but glad we trusted the reviews and chose Brilliance.

elizabethm218
6/26/17

Looking for new diamond stud earrings can be a research-intensive experience. Buying on-line certainly could make one nervous and apprehensive as well. After visiting several jewelry stores and looking over numerous websites, we choose brilliance.com as our diamond source. We worked with Erin at Brillance choosing the perfect stones and felt very comfortable with her expertise and friendly demeanour and were assured that our order would arrive safe and sound via FedEx. Lo and behold my geourgous Diamonds arrived and I couldn't be happier with how they look. So, who would buy diamonds on line? I did, and would do it again!

travism71
6/25/17

I looked at many places to buy an engagement ring for my fiance. She deserved something beautiful but something that showed elegance and quality. After looking at in store retailers i knew that the quality and the value i was not going to find there. I started looking at online retailers and found Brilliance. I was impressed with the selection of not only quality but how many choices i had. I found her a perfect ring and was able to get a great quality in the budget i wanted to stay in as well as her style. She is in love with her ring it is perfect for her. The purchasing process was easy i was able to get it to her size and engrave her ring. A lot of places i talked to said it would not be recommended to get a halo setting with a size 4 1/4 that it would cause to much tension but Brilliance was able to make her ring and it really shows the quality of craftsmanship. I also like that they do life time trade-ins just like in store jewelers and her diamond was GIA certified. As well as gave you an appraisal of the ring. They also were able to get the ring right on time for the proposal we were leaving out of country and was able to pull of the timing with it being a custom ring. Jordon was a representative i spoke with that did an excellent job to make sure that happened. They made it perfect and the trip that much more special. I had my doubts at first buying such an important thing online but we couldn't be happier. We would recommend Brilliance to anyone. Her ring is stunning it sparkles great quality and she gets complements all the time. Overall very satisfied with Brilliance.

rodericke6
6/25/17

I was set on getting the perfect engagement ring and I knew I wanted the best diamond I could afford then the right setting to compliment it. I was very appreciative of the experts at Brilliance. A rep was available and answered all my questions and made excellent suggestions. I found the perfect diamond and the most awesome setting for the diamond. Couldn't be more happy and she definitely said yes!!

sidc8
6/24/17

I checked out local jewelers and on-line sites for a pear- shaped diamond and ring setting for our anniversary. I was able to find the exact diamond grade, size and ring setting on Brilliance. Customer service was great about helping me pick the exact stone and they kept me informed all the way until delivery. The pricing of the total ring was very competitive to the lowest prices I could find for the same quality. I will definitely shop again with them in the future.

rexs15
6/23/17

I recently purchased a engagement ring at Brilliance and Worked with Erin she was Excellent! Exceeded every Expectation! The ring was Gorgeous! Helped with the setting, just perfect! What we were looking for along with the perfect cushion diamond! Very! Satisfied! Thank You! Again! Brilliance! And Erin! Definitely Recommend! Rex Slipka ...... Happy!

davidp348
6/22/17

Very good service. Fast friendly. Product arrived in time and they followed up to make sure I was happy.

camillep10
6/22/17

I ordered my fiancés ring from Brilliance, and it is beautiful. The engraving was also very nice. Would definitely recommend

brentm46
6/22/17

I purchased an $8000 dollar ring that made my fiancé feel like a million dollars. I would definitely recommend dealing with a brilliance salesman.

zacv2
6/22/17

I am extremely satisfied with their customer service and the diamond. their staff helped me to get the most value for my money and they called to let me schedule when it shipped

sunnyk14
6/22/17

At first I was a bit skeptical to order online but Brilliance was a great choice, the ring looks beautiful and the diamond is more than I expected so I would give it a 5 star. Firstly, the prices are absolutely genuine and Brilliance price match made it easier. Secondly, the quality of the ring is absolutely phenomenal. The main issue with brilliance.com is the communication, which was HORRIBLE! When I placed my order, Anthony was assisting me, but once I made the payment, I felt forgotten and left out. I needed the ring on a certain date and I requested Anthony if it was possible to process the order swiftly and he replied "I'll get back to you in couple min" those min never came for 3 weeks. I exchanged several emails but I did not receive any reply from Anthony. Out of nowhere Jennifer began communicating with me and she was kind enough to reply to my emails but the problem really is that they never commit themselves to the date of delivery. They usually say the order will be delivered within 10-15 business days and I did not receive my order even after 15 business days and when I tried contacting them, they did not commit. Brilliance.com needs to improve with their communication, as simple as that.

donnaw121
6/7/17

I have loved Aascher cut diamonds since I first saw one. I hoped to someday own a perfect, two carat Aascher pendant. This cut is hard to find, and when I did it was overpriced, and not really what I wanted. I knew I was going to be spending a significant amount, and I didn't want to just settle for just whatever was available. Then I found Brilliance. I searched Aascher cut diamonds, and found hundreds! So I narrowed my search to E or F color, VS1 or better, and just under two carats (to eliminate the over-a-carat jump in price). Within my budget range, I found a stone that was much better than I anticipated being able to afford: F Color, VVS1, Ideal Cut, and around 1.9 Carats, as I recall.

I visited that diamond online at least 30 times before I finally decided to take the plunge. I knew it had high fluorescent, which was find with me, but I spoke with a representative to ensure that it would not have the milky look that some fluorescent diamonds have. He personally checked the diamond in various light, and assured me that it would not look milky.

I finally ordered it, and when it arrived I was amazed at its breathtaking beauty. It came with a certificate, listing all of its attributes, including the microscopic inclusion that kept it from being rated Flawless. Just to be confident

Just to reassure myself, I took the diamond to an independent appraiser. Even with the diagram showing where the inclusion was, it took her a long, long time to locate it under GIA magnification. She gave me an appraisal that was a full 25% above the Brilliance price!

I had my diamond mounted as a pendant by our jeweler friend, and I wear it constantly. It is truly magnificent, and I don't plan to ever by a diamond from anyone but Brilliance.

jamesd324
5/29/17

Paid for .35 loose diamond online with Brilliance.com on 5/10/17 and was patient for two weeks. After two I began to follow up with company representatives. They gave me excuses like, 'it is being held up in customs'. I asked for follow up and they did not return my calls. For the next week they gave no excuse after another and did not end up having the diamond up til this Friday the 26th

sheraza4
4/28/17

I used brilliance to custom make an engagement ring for my fiance. The people at Brilliant helped me pick the diamond I wanted and then went above and beyond to help create the setting when the jeweler I was originally going through wasn't able to fulfill my order. I sent a picture of what I wanted created and they were able to create the ring and send it over to me just in time for me to ask the big question on Christmas Eve. They have earned my loyalty for life. I highly recommend getting a custom made ring from these guys. My Fiance loves her ring and hasn't stopped showing it off to just about everyone we meet.

erinb75
3/25/17

We initially began our search for diamonds online because we had no knowledge or background of what to look for, what to pay, what the 4 Cs even meant, and styles. After researching, we saw that if we were to purchase online, we seemed to have more options. Brilliance not only could design something custom for us, but they could put a few different ideas into one, and price match or offer better! After much anxiety about the idea of paying thousands of dollars on something we've never seen, we were reassured by their return policy and made the leap - we decided to buy a loose diamond and have it sent to us. They overnighted it to us free of charge, and it was PERFECT. Our representative, Anthony, was incredibly helpful in helping us make a diamond selection. He was forthcoming and honest about different diamonds. He answered all of my emails promptly; sometimes even with a check-in phone call, and would ask for the countless number of pictures and videos we requested. He gave his honest feedback about the inclusions in the diamonds, and at no point did I feel like he was just saying whatever he needed to try to sell us something. Our entire time working with him was a positive experience - we felt confident that even if we didn't find something right away; we eventually would with Anthony and Brilliance. Once we had picked a diamond, I picked inspiration photos and sent them to Anthony. We had CAD renderings sent to us of a "mashup" custom design, and we were SO excited! We were even able to upgrade to platinum. (Insert phase in which I was not allowed to know anything about the diamond to the time of the proposal). After the proposal, I couldn't help but notice that the diamond was stunning, and the overall ring beautiful; however, it was not what we imagined. It had a sleeker/more modern look to it than the more vintage, delicate look I had been day-dreaming about for weeks. After some feelings of guilt for feeling this way and putting the people who worked so hard on it through having to redo it, we decided to send it back. We were as descriptive as we could be about the little details (and I mean little details) that stood out to us as not being quite right/quite us. I immediately received an email and a phone call from the Chief Operating Officer, Jonathon. He assured me that everything would be taken care of, and pointed me in the right direction to the team I'd be working with for the redo. He called me at 9pm, which I loved because I too am the type of person that doesn't like to go to bed worrying that something is not resolved. From the very start, Brilliance reassured us. Soon after, within a day or so, I was connected with Simon, a lead designer. Throughout the redo, Simon worked very closely with me; asking lots of questions, coming up with design suggestions, answering lots of my questions, and informing us with very useful information about the materials and processes along the way. He chose a new designer for the prototype for the custom design, and we LOVED IT! He handpicked the designer based on the feel and look we were going for, and when we received it- it was perfect! It took some time, but we received thorough updates through every step of the process. I felt very involved and my opinion valued. When we received the ring- it was 100% worth the wait, it was better than we could have imagined! The fine, intricate details were clear and absolutely beautiful. I showed a coworker the before and after and she said she thought I was being a little crazy at first - but when she saw it a second time she admitted I wasn't crazy and that it was even better than before! It truly is a one-of-a-kind piece, and being so involved in the process makes it that much more special for me. I have to say, buying online does not have to be impersonal - I felt like I really shared this experience with the team of people who helped us along the way. I came to trust them, and truly appreciate the work they did in not only making this piece perfect for us (even through putting up with my request for a redo), but in getting to really know our wants and needs. The redo was done at no additional cost to us because they were able to make all the changes within our original quote. This showed quality customer care in my opinion. I felt terrible inconveniencing, but the ring is now something I feel so proud of, and believe Brilliance should be proud of as well! We have already made the decision to have a matching band made by Brilliance, and we also used them for our Men's band. I would highly recommend Brilliance (and I may be biased- but Anthony and Simon in particular!) for any of you who are on the fence about purchasing online.

leol53
3/24/17

Thank you Brilliance for your unbelievable patience and professionalism when it came to creating and designing my dream ring. My finance and I searched almost every jewelry store and they were all overpriced and made me feel pressured to always spend more than I was willing to. Huge shout out to Jonathon who answered my emails no matter the time of day from day 1 until the ring was done, prepped and arrived. Can't wait to design my wedding band as well!!

lukeh51
3/16/17

They sold the diamond I purchased to someone else. The Ring shipped past the projected date. Ring looks good but it was a nerve wracking process waiting for it, I was not sure if I had been scammed or not until I actually received the ring. All the five star reviews seem fabricated to me. You will notice alot of them are in batches of 2 if you look at the dates.

Response from Jonathon O., Brilliance Representative
Thank you for your feedback Luke. We pride ourselves on making every ring right here in our Workshop and back every ring with a Lifetime Warranty. While making every ring in-house insures the highest quality control, the completion time of certain rings can take a bit longer (especially customized rings such as the setting you purchased).

Lastly regarding your diamond, our staff works incredibly hard to secure every diamond ordered by our valued customers. Because we source diamonds from the best priced and most aggressive Diamond Cutters around the world, diamonds can sell very quickly (even simultaneously).
61 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Roger thank you for your question. Could we schedule a time to speak over the phone to go over our policies and what you are looking for? What is the best contact number to call?

By Jonathon O. [Brilliance Rep]

Karen, Thank you for submitting your question. We work by appointment only in our showroom and you can email us at service@brilliance.com to arrange a time.

By Jonathon O. [Brilliance Rep]

Yes we do. We work with PayPal Credit to offer financing and also can tailor a payment plan based on your order as well. Please contact our Sales Team with the specific item(s) you are looking for and we can take it from there.

By Jonathon O. [Brilliance Rep]

Noel I wanted to follow up to make sure you got the diamond and it worked out for you? I personally looked at it before it left our offices and was very impressed with the value and size myself. Thank you

By Jonathon O. [Brilliance Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Brilliance staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Brilliance