Review of Boxaid

2017 Customer choice award

1 star

katic2
3/25/18

I don't usually write reviews endorsing businesses, particularly computer repair services. I started working on computers when they used 5.25 diskettes. Since then, every computer tech I I used disappointed me greatly, especially the in-house ones. However, my experience with Boxaid was phenomenal.

From start to finish, my technician, Zach at extension 809, was professional, patient, and positive. I had spent months trying to get rid of the BSOD (blue screen of death) on my desktop to no avail. Zach understood my explanation of the problem clearly, the first time. He logged on remotely and cleared up a whole bevy of issues in about four hours. He honored the quote of $89.00 for the job, which was a pleasant surprise given most consumers have at one time or another experienced tagged-on fees and add-on costs when it came time to pay. Zach is a native English speaker, so that spared us the pain of deciphering his speech (which is more than we get at ATT). He was very informative. His tenacity was exemplary. We were thankful we didn't, again, have to beat up our hard drive on the way to the trash dump!

The remote repair service experience was great! We appreciated not having to detach a million cords and lugging the CPU to the repair shop. Zach didn't keep us on the phone while he conducted the repairs so we were able to go about our day. He was focused on our job the whole time and promptly called us if we had to do something on our end. When he finished, my computer was running faster and without interruptions or hiccups.

Business transactions like this one are rare. We even have a 30 day warranty for the work. If you need help with your computer, call Zach at Boxaid. It'll save you headaches, money, and time.

The WSJ review was right on this one! Kudos!

billh166
8/5/17

Awesome - Awesome - Awesome !!! Had my computer fixed after my kids infected it. I did not think to pass code protect the computer and after coming back from work the kids already had damaged it again (yes I need to get better control of my kids). I asked Box Aid how much to re - fix. They said no charge and spent a half hour fixing the junk my kids had put back on the box. So thankful for these guys - and yes I have a pass code on my computer now.

richellek2
6/29/17

I was so distraught over my computer getting a virus and it actually locking me out! Was referred to Boxaid by my neighbor.....contacted Zach and he gave me a price to fix it! There was a lot he had to do and in the end, it works perfectly! The best part was that the price he originally quoted stayed the same! He was professional, honest, helpful and knows what he is doing!!! I will refer this company to everyone I know!!! So thankful!

salvadorr13
2/22/17

Funcionando a las mil maravillas. Todo fácil y cómodo. Si todo continua así seguro que repetiré por más tiempo.
Un saludo.

keithu2
1/31/17

My Tech was tremendous, worked 4 hours and kept me updated while working on it. also gave me pointers on what to do and not to do. He also suggested a free anti virus program that was a lot better than the paid STOP ZILLA i was using. Cleaned his programs back of when he was done. and no payment till the end. GREAT COMPANY!!

teresab71
4/28/16

I am an extremely difficult customer who knows nothing about computers and panics when there is a problem. I have an every other month problem with a computer being unable to locate my scanned and saved docs to send. Today, I called brother and was totally agitated when the technician informed me that it was not a Brother problem but something to do with my PC. Still agitated I phoned Boxaid who quickly found the solution. The technician, Jonathon politely tried to help me remedy the problem and when he realized he had someone who was not able to follow him proceeded to explain what my alternatives were for him to step up and do it himself without my assistance. I was amazed with his patience and knowledge. I would highly recommend Boxaid.

haileym8
2/12/16

Like many people, I thought I was smarter with computers than I was and managed to go and get my computer infested with malware. Zack was efficient and professional, took care of the problem in under 2 hours. He went beyond just ridding my computer of the malware by updating programs and improving how my computer runs. I would absolutely recommend Boxaid to anyone who finds themselves in need of remote computer assistance.

mattt34
11/19/15

I have gone to Boxaid now three times for different computers and they have always been consistent with their timely service and reasonable pricing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

tomb107
6/27/14

Couldn't be happier with the service Zack provided. It was lightening fast, even thought there was apparently a lot to be done. Impressive efficiency. These guys will be my people.

hernanl
3/18/14

Zachs was great help with our laptop, slow and plagued with malware (despite McAfee). At the end of 5 hours, the laptop was cleaned, updated, no more malware, and significantly faster. All that, at a cost just marginally more than the price for one hour. Greatly appreciated his explaining the steps he was taking during the repair, and that the level of improvement was exactly what he had predicted. Really high quality service by Boxaid!

tonyc62
12/31/13

These guys are truly amazing! My tech was Jonathan and he went above and beyond working on my laptop for 4 hours! And still charged me the max which is 89.95. You will not be disappointed. Ask for Jonathan.

aderonkeb
11/20/13

These guys are awesome! They were helpful and efficient in diagnosing the problem with my computer and they fixed it in a timely manner. They are patient, professional and did a good job.

carltonp5
10/16/13

The Wall Street Journal picked these guys for a reason... It is because they are literally the BEST.

tommyf5
8/19/12

These guys are amazing!!!! Josh worked on my laptop for 2 hours removing a bad virus. I am technical but these guys are Super technical!!! All for $90. I can't thank them enough.

Prices start at $29 with a max of $89. You can see the pricing here. https://www.boxaid.com/pricing/

By George D., Boxaid Representative

if you are talking about Boxaid, then we are very safe. We leave NO software on your computer when we are done fixing it. Privacy is very important to us at Boxaid. Other providers will leave software on your PC so they can get back in easily. Watch the video on the bottom of this page which shows how we remove our software. https://www.boxaid.com/how-it-works/

By George D., Boxaid Representative

Yes of course. This is one of our specialties and we do it hundreds of times in a week. Check out this page https://www.boxaid.com/computer-tuneup-service/

By George D., Boxaid Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Boxaid staff and other customers.

Boxaid?