Review of BladeHQ

Tel: 1-888-252-3347
questions@bladehq.com

mod9
3/13/19

I have been a long-time customer of Blade HQ and never had a problem with any order up until this month.

I made a hefty purchase and was sent the wrong item. When I opened the package (on 3/8/19) and discovered the mistake, I completed the web submission form on the Blade HQ Contact Us explaining my situation and requesting that someone contact me.

I explained that my purchase was intended to be given as a gift that I was hoping to give on 3/22/18. I noted that I wanted to replace the item I received with the knife I actually ordered and I would like to have the correct knife shipped expedited so that it would arrive in time to gift it.

I explained that the reason that I just didn't initiate a refund immediately is because I wanted to verify that the correct knife is available and will in fact ship on time. I noted that I did not expect that this would incur any additional shipping charges associated with the processing of the exchange, since it was clearly an error on Blade HQ's part. I included photos of the knife I received vs the knife I order that was shown on the order confirmation form.

Since Blade HQ failed to respond to that email, I send a follow-up email to them on 3/11/19, this time at their questions@bladehq address. I noted that it was a follow-up email re-explained the situation and emphasized that this was a time sensitive issue and I was looking for some help as soon as possible.

They failed to respond or even acknowledge that email also. I then called the customer service department on 3/13/19 and explained the entire situation again. The representative was not very enthusiastic and displayed no empathy to my situation. She didn't acknowledge the sense of urgency at all. She said to just return the item, as well as the sheath (which was a separate purchase) and then to allow a few days for the refund to go though, and then to replace the order.

The representative couldn't even confirm that the correct item was in stock because she said the item photos on the site don't always match the items that ship. She also didn't seem to understand that I was in a hurry. When I explained the urgency yet again, she said that I could just return the item and while the return process is ongoing, I could just re-order the item today and request expedited shipping (at my expense). As if I just have infinite money to spend.
I said that I didn't want to take the chance of ordering a second expensive item that may not even show up correctly and then be stuck with some b.s. re-stocking or shipping charges. I asked her to please confirm the knife I wanted is actually going to be the one that ships. She said that she would need to check with the warehouse. Then there was a long silent pause. I then asked her to go ahead and do that and she seemed annoyed and said she'll have to send them an email and then someone will email me to let me know. (Again no sense of urgency or ownership).

As I don't expect to get any response via email at this point, and the customer service speaks for itself, I will just return the entire order and stop using Blade HQ. There are far too many other options for buying these products to have to deal with such poor customer service.

If by some miracle someone from Blade HQ does reach out (there's obviously a ton of BHQ shills here), I will update the post accordingly. I only wanted to exchange the item that they sent in error in the fastest way possible. They dropped the ball. They obviously don't need my business.

Tip for consumers: Be very careful

christopherp244
12/18/18

Ordered knife a week ago it showed in stock,got email today saying sorry knife isnt in stock but they had charged my card anyway now I have to wait 5 days for the refund to get it on amazon which is what I will do from now on I dont know how this place is still in buisness

Tip for consumers: Dont use blade hq

mikem1104
12/3/18

Ordered knife, tracked it up to day of delivery and it was returned due to BladeHQ error. My address was exact on the order page leading me to believe it was an address error on their side with a misprint of some sort.
Confirmed receipt of knife with BladeHQ and I simply asked for it to be shipped overnight at no cost to me since the knife was paid for and their was no error on my end.
They refused and wanted me to pay the $5 UPS shipping fee.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME BLADEHQ??
Over $5 you won't keep a customer happy?
Cancelled the order, writing this review and will never patronize your site again.
Congratulations on being the definition of poor customer service and causing me to steer others away from your business.

seang117
11/28/18

Ordered a knife with 2 days shipping. After 5 days I contacted them and they said it had been shipped. After almost 2 weeks I contacted them again to get an update and they said they were out of stock and refunded me my money. If I hadn't stayed on top of them they would have taken my money and never shipped the knife. The tracking number they gave me told me that they had only created a shipping label but never shipped anything.

prestonh25
8/16/18

They have the slowest shipping of ALL knife vendors. It typically takes two to five days before your order is ever shipped. They print labels right away, but do not actually ship items. Even when express shipping is paid for. Stay away. There are plenty of reputable dealers who offer outstanding shipping and customer service.

jonathand47
10/11/16

My experience with bladehq.com was excellent up until I attempted to return my purchase. Their customer service was notch, the order went smoothly and I received the knife in fine condition ahead of schedule. I purchased a $450 MicroTech Scarab Executive and was just not happy with it. It was my first experience with any OTF and I found the blade play/reliability of lock up to be less then stellar. I shopped around the site a little more and decided I would exchange the knife for a side opening automatic designed for left handlers. It was a lower cost knife but thought I could be refunded the difference. I contacted bladehq for a return authorization number and received on right away. I also agreed to pay a 5% restocking fee and the return shipping. Here is where I made a mistake. During the couple of days I had the knife, I reversed the pocket clip for left handed carry. Without thinking about it, I packaged the knife up and returned it per their instructions. After waiting a few days, I tracked the package and saw it had been delivered. The next business day I sent an email asking if the knife had been received. Within a couple of hours I got a response saying the knife had indeed been received but upon inspection it was determined that the pocket clip had been reversed and scratched the opposite side of the knife, voiding their return policy. They immediately sent the knife back to me with no notice or anything. I understand why the exchange was rejected but I was really disappointed that they gave no other options like a trade in value or something. Not even a notification that they could not except the return. I am sure they are making a lot of money on these knives given their high price. It seems odd they were not willing to help me out a little more.

thomasj62
5/18/16

I have always been very pleased with both Blade HQ and Blade Play. My purchases have always been correct and as advertised. I have always received a tracking number and shipping is prompt. As far as I am concerned, both companies are first rate. I recommend both companies highly.

johnb547
2/9/16

they are extremely slow. I ordered a knife at midnight last friday. They didnt ship my package till the following monday. And i paid for the fastest shipping they offered. And my knife still isnt here. Now i gottavgo out of town and a 200 dollar knife will be sitting in the mail for the next 8 days. Thanks but ill never buy from them them again

waltb
6/22/13

This has to be one of the greatest sites in the knife world! Excellent customer service, knowledgeable sales staff, perfect return policy and follow through, I now always go there before I buy a knife to check prices etc and often end up buying from them.

Questions? Get answers from the BladeHQ staff and other customers.

BladeHQ?