Review of Bizrate

Tel: +1-310-571-1235
shipping_handling@bizrate.com

marys1035
10/10/18

The site gathers your survey responses, then tells you you don't qualify, even if you have spent 45 minutes to an hour. It takes many hours to get to the 5000 level of points to obtain a reward, which is likely not worth anywhere near what your time is worth. Total rip-off!

lees289
9/22/18

This is a huge waste of time. Stay away. They send you emails to take surveys which will take your information and most surveys will end the survey after several minutes. Total waste of time.

sandya72
9/19/18

I would award zero stars! This is a scam survey site as far as I am concerned. You hardly ever qualify for their survey. You sometimes waste 10 minutes and more answering questions before they inform you that you don't qualify. Points are not added if you are disqualified, even after you answered 10 minutes worth. The questions are often ridiculous. What else can I say! Don't bother to join!!!!!!

alfredoc41
8/22/18

I paid $8 for four magazines subscriptions on May 23rd 2018, I am still waiting the magazines to come... Ha ha

paulas197
8/17/18

Just started Bizrate and took my first survey and got my 200 points and the magazine subscriptions. I said oh for $2.00 I got 4 magazines. My charge card was charged. Right now waiting to receive first magazine in the mail. But on next survey I was 10 minutes into it and glitch happened and computer froze. Lost my survey and could take it again. So 30 minutes of my life was lost. Got another survey and about 30 minutes into taking survey again a glitch. Same result. Now i am concerned about additional charges on my credit card for the magazines

donnah321
8/4/18

I've had issues with surveys and the rating system of their businesses. First off the surveys are fraudulent. I would get surveys and try to take them. I'd be told it was worth a lot of points but when I submit them they say they reached their quota and was given maybe 50 points for my time. Many times I was sitting at my PC when the survey came in. I had already filled out a couple pages of survey information when this happened. I suspect by the time I put in my age that's why they won't use me.

Then I bought merchandise from one of their listed business. I didn't even know this until a couple weeks later the survey came in to rate them. I never received my merchandise and the survey wouldn't let me rate them until I received it. So I hung onto the email so I could rate them later. 3 months later still no shipment and I had to contact PayPal for a refund.

I contacted Bitrate to say I'd like to rate this company but the link they sent me will not work until I get my order. I told them the whole situation of how this company took my money and never sent my product and how they won't respond to emails. I asked how I could please rate them so other customers would know. This is the response I got. I felt like I was talking on deaf ears.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Bizrate.com is a shopping comparison and consumer rating site. We partner with retailers who list their products on our site. From these listings, customers are directed to our retail partner's site to complete their purchase. We do not charge customer credit cards. Bizrate.com does not make, sell or ship any products. For specific questions about orders, products, product availability, refunds, shipping or payment options, please contact the retailer. If you have made a purchase and do not remember which retailer you purchased from, you can call your bank or credit card company and they should be able to provide a contact phone number or email address.

In addition, I am sorry to hear you received the Bizrate.com fulfillment survey before you received your order. The timing of the survey is self-selected. During the initial point of sale survey you took you were asked "When do you expect all of the items in your order to be delivered?" The date you selected determined the timing of the fulfillment survey. I recommend saving the survey for when you feel you can accurately rate the merchant from which you purchased. I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Have a wonderful day!

If you have any additional questions please send them to help@bizrate.com.

scotts591
7/25/18

After Bizrate asks lots of personal information, such as income, number of children and ages, etc., there is NO MONEY as a prize, just STINKING magazine subscriptions, which I hate. False advertising!!!

lucasb73
7/6/18

After you complete the survey, they give you $100 towards $#*!ty magazine subscriptions that will charge you automatically in the future. Be careful

lauraz30
6/27/18

Spent over 4 hours to get the necessary 5K points for redemption of online giftcard only to receive $5 egiftcard for Amazon. I would have made more working in sweatshops of India.

jakeh92
6/22/18

If you like to make customers enemies by using Bizrate, you are more than welcome too.

I was happy to purchase over $150 worth of product from a website, love the experience and wrote a glowing review. I filled out a survey and was rewarded with a Bizrate marketing ploy.

The company that hired Bizrate has not lost me as a raving fan and customer.

Tip for consumers: Don't

timn52
4/4/18

Thought I was getting a $100 gift code for the site I purchased from and it was $100 of 4 magazines with a $3 processing fee. Lame. Not as advertised. Scam

janiced39
3/20/18

All they ever do is entice you with big rewards for surveys that you do not qualify for. They keep you in the loop by offering survey after survey that you do not quality for and just collect as much personal data as they can.It is a big rip off.

katiea45
3/9/18

So Bizrate is like gambling. They send you email after email telling you that you qualify for surveys worth 1000 points a pop and after you fill out the entire survey and submit it, you are met with a pop up that lets you know that you don't qualify for they survey. So essentially you are doing the survey to completion only to be duped at the end. You are doing all the work for them for free. You will never receive any of the rewards that they offer. They are pretty scammy in my book, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT INFO PEOPLE!

mayaa10
1/19/18

I was just filtered through what I considered to be five surveys, none of which was worth any points, to find out that I didn't meet the criteria for the point bearing survey. The screening surveys are seldom brief. I was redirected to another point bearing survey that had two screening surveys to get through to determine if I was a candidate. The whole process took an hour and a half. I finally finished the point survey, which took another half an hour, and was awarded a total of 250 points.
Considering you have to earn a minimum of 5000 points to even qualify for a $5 gift card, your time is worth pennies per hour. Do this only if you have nothing else to occupy your time.

gails111
12/6/17

I have answered Bizrate surveys for months, finally accumlating enough points to redeem a $5 gift card (which they were going to deliver to my e-mail account). Never heard from them again (other than to take more surveys lol) and nowhere does their website allow you to contact them to inquire about why you didn't receive the reward. Big waste of time for zero reward.......

claudiab45
11/22/17

After spending hours filling out surveys you receive $5 for 5000 points. Not a good use of my time.

sylviac36
11/18/17

Ever since switching to GCodes to pay out rewards, it is one big FAIL after another. They used to pay out $5 gift cards directly but now don't even do that. Total scam for your time. Don't bother.

salvif2
10/26/17

It's been three years since I joined Bizrate up to now I only have 2775 points! It takes forever to accumulate points. Email that I receive for survey always say quota has been reached even though I just receive the email 4 minutes before I do the survey.

Just as soon as you get the 5000 points to claim reward get rid of your Bizrate account.

bobbyg33
10/20/17

They offer you $100 to fill out a survey, then after you are finished you find out that the reward consists of four magazine subscriptions that you can only get if you pay $2 for each and give out your credit card information. And the subscriptions renew automatically unless you remember to cancel in time. I would not trust this dishonest company with my credit card information.

candyk10
10/2/17

They get rid of your account as soon as you have enough points for whatever crappy reward they claim to offer.

bills254
9/2/17

I ordered a puppet for my grandson, He really wanted it. After several weeks they informed me it was no longer available. BizRate was quick to blame the vendor, They accepted NO responsibility, NO accountability, why would anyone use this service, it is horrible. The fact that they use the word Christian for there scam is not acceptable. Please NEVER< NEVER use this vendor

jeannes22
9/1/17

Bizrate employs the 'bait and switch' tactic to lure consumers into divulging per-
sonal/financial information (which is ILLEGAL). Furthermore, the website offers NO WAY to cancel the swindle on the website once the consumer realizes the
ruse --- which is a violation of the consumer protection laws.

janymaej
8/31/17

I don't read magazines. If I had know magazines had anything to do with the $100.00, I would NOT have wasted my time with the survey.

katherinec51
8/24/17

I chose to write a review for a website via Bizrate. At the end of the review came the scam. A $100 reward. Pick a magazine for FREE! Nothing in this world is FREE, so I tried to bypass the Reward and submit my review. OH, NO! It would not let me continue to submit my survey without getting stuck with a magazine-none of which I want to read. Been there, done that! NO MORE! Once the FREE magazine subscription ends, you get billed for a real subscription. Don't do the surveys!!!!

pariss26
8/18/17

Don't take the survey. Bizrate will bill you without notification at full price. So much fun trying to get it off your charge.

Susan, Go to TMESUB.com and you will see their number to get a live person. It is: 1 (877) 755-8550. Talk to someone there and don't take "no" for an answer. Tell them you want to cancel the subscriptions that you wish to cancel. Tell them you want a full refund. If they say no, then tell them that you will dispute any charges with your credit card company. This will get them to reconsider. Be sure and be firm. If that doesn't work, call the credit card company and dispute the charges. Hope this helps. Barbara

By Barbara E.

Yes. Then a year later they "forget" to mail you the renewal notice and charge you $40/YEAR for a magazine subscription that you can buy for well under $10/year, multiplied by four magazines means a $160 charge. You get your credit card bill, call to dispute and they try to prorate the charge(since they have already sent one or two issues by then). AVOID at all costs

By Greg D.

Mary L:To make sure they never contacted me again, I made sure to put them under my "spam" category in my e-mail. This way, they will never come through to my regular inbox again. I'm guessing you weren't able to unsubscribe either (like me) or contact them, so I did what I had to do on here & then yes because it's annoying even seeing them-I made sure I would never have to again. Spam mail goes somewhere else & is usually reported depending on what e-mail company you use. Herbert B. Filing with the FTC is another good idea. I just wish they were able to do more. I file with them for all the spam phone calls & even the same companies that I know exactly who they are, just different #s now-unfortunately they know how to stay hidden being out of the country. So they will use any # they want & call you all day long...x3!

By Elyse S.

Yes, scam. They say magazine subscriptions will not automatically review. Absolute lie -- they do. Don't do Bizrate!

By Janet R.

I would never tell you NOT to listen to "my" review...I was completely STUNNED seeing that I couldn't unsubscribe because I didn't have an account to unsubscribe to!? lol I sure had one every time they asked me to fill out a survey & I was finally able to see how many points I DON'T have...oh yeah SOOO little, years on end to see they are useless. You know you are on the right track, not giving them any personal information...THAT is exactly what they really want-they don't care about some stupid survey, they want to scam you out of your money.

By Elyse S.

Yes, it is a scam. If you had a chance to read my review-I've been doing their surveys for more years than I can remember. The day I wanted to unsubscribe was the day I was floored!...telling me I couldn't unsubscribe & showing me an "error" message. Check it out on my review-I copied it right from their site. This was my very first survey site I signed up for...it's sad how they still try to sneak in a survey for me to do. I get so many, but I unsubscribe to almost all of them-some are for fun, but I had to spam these guys so my account won't let them through anymore.

By Elyse S.

So they can get your bank information & scam you. Magazines to them is just the beginning of it so you think you are actually getting something for a great deal.

By Elyse S.

Questions? Get answers from the Bizrate staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Bizrate