Review of Bench Depot

Bench Depot reviews

jonim25
Joni M.
3/7/18

Bench Depot has been very accommodating and helpful with my order. I wanted to order a desk with a cabinet that is not normally ordered together. Nancy worked with me to make sure my order could be completed. Everyone in the office is very happy with the new desk and how sturdy they are.

drj18
Dr J.
3/6/18

Outstanding products with exceptional and responsive customer service (from all staff in three departments). Ordered 4 custom Kennedy series benches with additional steel framing and rather odd top/offsets - all were perfectly made to my specs. Well packed to avoid damage of any kind during shipping and were extremely easy to assemble. With legs made the height you want, these benches make awesome sturdy desks too. This is the only place to get work benches and tables. The production/ship time is impressive and well worth a little wait to get a high quality bench.

jeffo44
Jeff O.
3/6/18

Bench Depot Is the only company I use for Mfg. benches. Their customer service is excellent and pricing is great.

markv107
Mark V.
3/6/18

I ordered 2 benches with a bin rail and the bin tails did not fit. Anna A. worked hard to get me a rail that fit my bench.

neils91
Neil S.
2/26/18

Everything showed up, on time, without any damage. Easy to assemble, high quality benches. Will buy again. Order entry dept. at BenchDepot easy to work with and professional.

donnah290
donna h.
2/26/18

Amazing products and quality, I will certainly purchase again.
The only recommendation would be that the 10 foot work table design add some cross bracing , it is a bit wobbly. If the legs could be a bit more stable, the review would go from good to epic!

steveb356
Steve B.
1/22/18

The original proposal quote was for lead times that did not fit our schedule. We worked with BenchDepot to improve the lead time and the order shipped much sooner in time for our critical capital project. It is nice to hear people say "yes" when you come to them with a problem. Good work BenchDepot!

kathleenw103
Kathleen W.
1/19/18

The Bench Depot staff is professional and knowledgeable of product line. Amy G. has worked me several times on numerous table configurations and they always arrive correct.

noi2
No I.
12/26/17

What is simple to one might NOT be simple to the other. In trying to put the bench together we did not know which screws went with which part.
Simple would be that the screws that are wrapped in with the parts, are the ones that goes with the parts. But that only works if there is no human error in putting the wrong screws with the wrong parts or visa-versa.
It would help if there are simple instructions A goes to B, or a parts list so that we can tell if we have all the right screws and parts. All in all the experience was nice and the product is very nice.

chrisc575
Chris C.
11/9/17

Customer service was excellent. I had questions with my order and they were happy to resolve in no time.

garryg19
Garry G.
6/9/17

We purchased back-to-back Kennedy work tables. Received the product in great condition. Assembly went well. Very easy to assemble. It was a little difficult to align the bolts on the adjustable legs. We also purchased the integrated LED overhead lights. I am still trying to figure out what the formed metal plates are for. I used them to hold the power converter and excess cable but if that was the intended purpose the design needs a major overhaul. A simple picture of what to do with them would have been extremely helpful.
I appreciated that the shelf uprights can be assembled without having to hold the nut from underneath since the nut is permanently inserted into the bench top. There were two of the long bolts that were missing. I need to contact them to send the bolts. Also there were thin metal plates, 1" x 4" that I used on the underside of the bench top between the bench top and the upright so when I used the screws to better secure the upright it would not dig into the wood. Again a picture would be helpful.

sarac122
Sara C.
5/10/17

Everything arrived quickly and was easily assembled. We have used them twice and will be placing another order when we're ready to redesign another area of our warehouse.

stever216
Steve R.
5/5/17

Over the past couple of orders, I have had issues with missing hardware, missing holes in brackets, etc. When I've tried to get these resolved, I have been met with resistance on getting them resolved. I'm still waiting on a resolution from my last order. I've sent pictures of the brackets that I received with the missing holes and I still have not received a corrective action on getting them resolved.

evel19
Eve L.
4/24/17

The product was exactly what we wanted and arrived in a timely manner and in good shape.

The one issue I experience was in payment. Rather than being able to make the purchase with a 30 day net PO, like most places, we were required to mail a check. While doable it was a bit inconvenient and caused delays in the ordering process.

darinm22
Darin M.
4/20/17

Anna Abril was my REP and she was a great helper. She answered all of my questions and made me feel like I was taken care of with my large purchase. I do suggest just including some pictures or some sort of instructions for assembly. Overall, my experience was great and I would purchase again.
Thank you again, Anna Abril!!

bobt91
Bob T.
4/13/17

I ordered three carts, which shipped as promised, fully assembled. They are well built from quality materials. Great experince

mikew404
mike w.
3/30/17

We were stumped by the lack of any reference to assembly instructions or parts list in the carton. We are, afterall, engineers and assembly was pretty straight forward. We did eventually prevail.

It was only coincidently that after the assembly was complete that we were at the web site and found complete assembly instructions there.

Could have used a heads up!

dannym118
Danny M.
3/14/17

You have great products with very good service!
I like how easy it is globally to order custom stuff.
Yet, it is often complicated to order custom colors, since you do not seem to use any standard like "Formica" for your top colors.

tonyh140
Tony H.
2/8/17

I purchased a 6 foot X 36 inch maple top (1.75 thick) with the rounded edge with the maple top shelf to go along with the desk.

Overall the actual products are great but I did have some hardware issues. Bench Depot really needs some QA when it comes to the hardware. Initially, I did not receive the feet/gliders for the legs of the desk. After calling Bench Depot about this, I received the parts a week later. Secondly, the bolts to attach the shelf to the desk were to short & there were no split washers. The bolts did not go all the way through the desk. I suspect they sent the bolts for the maple top that is not as thick as the one I ordered. They have two different sizes. I did not bother to call about the bolts since they are cheap enough at the local hardware store. Plus, I did not feel like waiting another week just to receive some bolts.

rickd119
Rick D.
2/2/17

Took quite a while to receive an email invoice copy.

Metal parts arrived scuffed & scratched from insufficient packaging (i.e., Metal parts should have been wrapped in plastic wrap or something.)

Shipping company told me they did not deliver past 2 PM. I said fine, deliver at 2 PM. Bench arrived around 11 AM when I wasn't home.

andrewf156
Andrew F.
2/2/17

There was some confusion over the table surface color, but overall I;m happy with the product. The assembly was very easy, and the tables are very sturdy.

susanm562
Susan M.
1/23/17

Bench Depot has a quality product. They provide a quick turnaround on request for quotes as well as a quick response to any questions.

ftb1
ft B.
1/19/17

The shelves were very easy to assemble and are very study. I would recommend using a rubber mallet for ensuring the brackets are securely seated in the slots on the uprights.

davei15
Dave I.
1/10/17

The bench I purchased was much nicer than I anticipated. Job required my altering parts of the bench as well as adding guards and other features. When the customer received it, they gave me extremely positive feedback. In fact, because of this project, they have asked me to do several more projects including up to two dozen more benches!
As for customer service, everyone I spoke to at Bench Depot acted like it was their own company! Couldn't have been any better!
Thank you!

billh196
Bill H.
1/10/17

Great to work with and quick to ship! Ordered a custom 10 foot long workbench. Everything came boxed and wrapped up on a custom 11 foot long pallet, no damages! The bench was easy to assemble and turned out great.

Questions? Get answers from the Bench Depot staff and other customers.

Bench Depot?