Bell Canada

Bell Canada has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 8 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Bell Canada also ranks 42nd among Cable Television sites. The most common issues with Bell Canada are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Bell Canada?

“Massive Scam Company. NOT LEGIT AT ALL! Big Fraud!!! Convoluted Scams!”

Vic E.
8/10/18

Avoid Like Grim Death. They will use every opportunity to flip wording on their policies on you. The wording is designed that way. You cannot win on the phone as they will circumvent for hours and even if you can find he strength and resolve to manage to get rid of them, its not over, they will randomly send a bill months later. Avoid like the Plague.

vice4
August 10th, 2018
sourg2
November 15th, 2015
Despite all the competition, Bell doesn't care about maintaining long term clients.
iPhone upgrades are more expensive than original contract.
After a 3 year contract where FREE upgrades were agreed to, Bell has reneged and is charging over $500 for a new iPhone.

After 6 months: Customer Retention has responded. I am not TOTALLY satisfied but we reached an agreement. WORTH PURSUING.
tonym196
March 7th, 2018
MOST EXPENSIVE TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND INTERNET PROVIDER IN THE WORLD.

CARTEL BY DEFINITION: A cartel is a group of apparently independent producers whose goal is to increase their collective profits by means of price fixing, limiting supply, or other restrictive practices. Cartels typically control selling prices, but some are organized to control the prices of purchased inputs. Antitrust laws attempt to deter or forbid cartels. A single entity that holds a monopoly by this definition cannot be a cartel, though it may be guilty of abusing said monopoly in other ways. Cartels usually occur in oligopolies, where there are a small number of sellers and usually involve homogeneous products. Bid rigging is a special type of cartel.

Tip for consumers: Use VOIP, Skype, Free phone app (with real free phone number), free Text Now app (with free number), Vonage, movie apps, anything else to put this corruption to bed! Bell is a disgusting company with THE highest prices in the world because they are a Cartel in Canada. Canadians should class action sue them for price fixing.

johnd698
August 20th, 2018
I am with Bell since they had the service here in Manitoba. I am happy with the service and I haven't had any issue. I just started having this issue when I renew my contract last May 2018. I was promised by Bell that they will give me a $150 hardware credit and a $50 bill in credit. So I went in Bestbuy and talk to the mobility guy and he said that it doesn't show in my account that Bell is offering me a $150 hardware credit and its only $50 bill in credit. I called customer care that I need to pay up front the hardaware that costs $129.99 coz it was the promotion on that time with Samsung galaxy s9+. So I proceed and renewed my contact and got s9+ and paid $129.99 + tax upfront and i was promised by customer care that I am getting $150 + $50 bill credit in my first bill. I got my first bill that cost I think around $120 including the $30 activation fee, my bill and prorated amount. I called customer service and talked to a girl asking why I do have a bill as they informed me that I do have a bill credit and she apologize and said that it will reflect on my next bill (month of July). I called again today and talked to a guy and said that it will gonna reflect in my next bill as they do have a certain period of time for the bill credit to apply. The previous cust care rep that I talked to said that noted it and this guy trabsfered me to a supervisor and he was telling me that I am only getting a $50 bill credit coz I already received the $150 when I got the phone. I was telling the supervisor that I was promised for $150 new hardware credit (which turns to bill in credit) and $50 bill in credit. And the supervisor apologize about what the previous lady have told me. He also insited that I already more than $150 credit when I got the new phone but I told him that time the phone was only $129.99. I felt that they stole my money and he was very unprofessional.

And they just want to offer me another $79.99 plus tax just to cover the $129.99 that I paid when I signed up. I just want to get the total of $200 bill in credit that they've promised me but they never give it to me.
lindah54
June 12th, 2015
This is how much crap you put my 79 year old mother through... You scam her into a new contract, she takes the phone in to get it activated, of course the idiot working there doesn't do it right so she gets emails telling her it won't work soon. She makes phone calls, goes back to the bell store, told it works now. Gets more activation cut off notices, makes more calls, told it works, now it won't work at all. Finally I have to call to get an idiot to activate it. Way to go, to your numerous useless employees.
nelsonl18
July 28th, 2017
FROM AN EX BELL EMPLOYEE: BELL ROBBED US OFF HERE IN SAN SALVADOR. WE SOLD THEM MANY SUBSCRIPTIONS OF BELL TECH EXPERT AND THEY DID NOT PAY THE COMMISSIONS. IN SPANISH. NOS ROBARON ESO FUE LO QUE HIZO BELL CANADA AQUI EN EL SALVADOR. FUE UN ROBO AL LLEVARSE EL DEPARTAMENTO DE BELL FIBE SIN PAGARNOS LAS COMISIONES DE VENTAS. ROBO, ROBO, ROBO, ROBO, ROBO................
rs35
May 25th, 2013
Bell has horrible customer service! They misbill! They are a horrible company that rips of its customers! Do not sign up with bell! Its a headache to deal with a company that takes pride in lying to its customers!
geraldg17
July 23rd, 2014

Questions? Get answers from the Bell Canada staff and other customers.

Bell.ca is the website for Canada's largest communications company, providing broadband, wireless, and cable TV to homes and businesses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Have a question about Bell Canada?