Bell Canada

Bell Canada has a consumer rating of 1.13 stars from 15 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Bell Canada most frequently mention customer service problems. Bell Canada ranks 45th among Cable Television sites.

How would you rate Bell Canada?

“Poor customer service. Such a scam”

Serge C.
12/19/20

Such a poor customer service. They do not care about their customers at all. I have my home internet with Bell. They added TV service to my account without even asking my permission and started charging me for this service. When I called them to find out why did they added this service to my internet bill, their representative couldn't explain me why they did that and put me on hold for 1 hour and 15 min. After being on hold for so long they simply hanged up on me. Very disappointed with their services and do not recommend Bell Canada to anyone.

sergec21
December 19th, 2020

royc351
April 28th, 2021

Fraud company. Went ahead and did a credit check without permission, when I specifically told them I don't want my credit score to drop, since I am applying for my mortgage. They did it anyways and my score has dropped making it hard for me to close the mortgage.

timj262
November 9th, 2020

Had their phones, internet, cell services. Every one ended badly every time. So this punk phones me and says, for the same price you're paying now, you can have another service. So I agreed to try something. I asked several time for him to verify "no increase on the monthly bill." Nope, he replied. (You know what happened right?) Bill went up $50. So I phoned and talked to some girl for close to an hour. She removed all the services that the punk had added, and the monthly total was still more than it had been. See they were looking for older people who they could add a huge increase to, and maybe they have auto-debit. So they were stealing in other words. Worst company, and they ruined Virgin by buying it. It says something when a company (Virgin) won an award for innovating a new thing, and that thing was being nice to customers.The original Virgin that is. But this is Bell. Dirty chumps.

jumeirahk
March 31st, 2021

Check your auto-billing always, not trusted company, bad customer service, the list goes on and on and on

Products used:
internet and phones

nidaf6
April 25th, 2021

I arrived back to Regina, shortly within couple of weeks. I call back bell to figure out what's going on with my phone. I get told different things each call. An agent (this girl) she tells me not to worry, the phone is still in the warehouse and has not been send yet. Then I call again and an agent tells me that my phone will be on its way and should get to me soon. I asked to speak to the manager numerous times. Nobody let's me speak to the manager. It was exhausting because I have had to re explain my story about a million times and when I say this, I'm not even joking. So many times I had to repeat myself to every new agent and they would not give it to the supervisor or manager and they say they will help me. They listen then give my a number and say call this department. Trust me, I call every number they had given me and that person would re direct me to a different number. They give me false hopes, fake answers, and they do not help. They are absolutely clueless. It was at that point. I was so sick and tired of this, it was draining. I just wanted to know where my phone is at now, so I begged the agent to give it to the manager. She finally transferred me to her supervisor atleast. Finally! I explained everything to the supervisor in detail from A to Z. She listened to my story and apologized. She was a very kind lady. I told her that it was a fault at their company's end to leave the phone like that when I had already asked them not to and made them aware I would not be in the city or at home to receive my package numerous times. I also tried asking them the tracking number so that I could trace it or know what's going on. She had agreed and apologized. I told her they can go back and listen to all my recorded calls as I have had to call Bell numerous times, in regards to following up with my phone and listen to the words I have said to not leave the phone, I'll be gone for sometime. She wrote up my complaint to the investigation centre after finding out my tracking number. Finally. I put my tracking number and it shows the phone was delivered on Feb 15th. (Literally 3-4 days I left for my trip). She said to not worry, there will be an investigation and when it's done they will refund me back my money even if the phone is not found or found. (as they been charging me like $200 every month for this phone plan). Although I don't have possession of it and it is so unfair to me. I asked if they can just stop charging me the monthly bill and they refused until the investigation is over. I waited 2 months now. I call back to see how far the investigation has been and every agent I speak to, they give me different phone numbers to contact. I dial the number and speak to an agent on the phone line and they say it's not the right number. I swear this happened to me way too many times. I'm so upset and frustrated. This one day I was transferred to like 7 different departments and still was not the right department to help me out. I feel like I've been trying so hard and I don't know what to do. They won't stop charging or let me know what's going on with my investigation. It sucks so much, I feel helpless and this is a fraud. I want to change my phone career so badly. I broke out and cried about this a few times. I would not recommend Bell to anybody. I hope you learn from my experience. I would not want anyone to go through what I'd gone through. Also a few of my friends have had a bad experience too with bell as well. They have nothing good to say about them. I would not recommend Bell to anybody. I hope you learn from my experience.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from Bell

Products used:
Samsung galaxy Z fold 2

frankl260
April 20th, 2021

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR BELL INVOICE CHARGES! BELL SNEAKS in NEW charges!
BELL did not send me my paper invoice for 2 months, then told me they were cancelling my account for non-payment!
BELL told me it was because CRTC had now mandated ebilling only. This was a big lie!
BELL also told me that they had sent me an email about the change. This was another big lie!
The BELL service man brought my new HD Receivers but did NOT give me the Remotes or the batteries!
Years ago BELL secretly added a $2 surcharge for a paper bill without any prior notification.
Years ago BELL secretly added a $5.99 long-distance-connection-fee because I did not signup for a long-distance plan!
BELL invoices are hard to decode because they do not explain anything. You have to phone BELL for an explanation. BELL hires people in China that do not speak Canadian English for customer service help. GOOD LUCK getting HELP!

vice4
August 10th, 2018

Avoid Like Grim Death. They will use every opportunity to flip wording on their policies on you. The wording is designed that way. You cannot win on the phone as they will circumvent for hours and even if you can find he strength and resolve to manage to get rid of them, its not over, they will randomly send a bill months later. Avoid like the Plague.

tonym196
March 7th, 2018

MOST EXPENSIVE TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND INTERNET PROVIDER IN THE WORLD.

CARTEL BY DEFINITION: A cartel is a group of apparently independent producers whose goal is to increase their collective profits by means of price fixing, limiting supply, or other restrictive practices. Cartels typically control selling prices, but some are organized to control the prices of purchased inputs. Antitrust laws attempt to deter or forbid cartels. A single entity that holds a monopoly by this definition cannot be a cartel, though it may be guilty of abusing said monopoly in other ways. Cartels usually occur in oligopolies, where there are a small number of sellers and usually involve homogeneous products. Bid rigging is a special type of cartel.

Tip for consumers:
Use VOIP, Skype, Free phone app (with real free phone number), free Text Now app (with free number), Vonage, movie apps, anything else to put this corruption to bed! Bell is a disgusting company with THE highest prices in the world because they are a Cartel in Canada. Canadians should class action sue them for price fixing.

jeromeyj
May 6th, 2021

So I just found out I had a bell account I never opened. I called and spoke to a very nice lady. Unfortunately my call was cut off. I call back wait on hold for ever. To get a different person. I explained I just got their number from equifax about fruad. This guy treated me like a peace of $#*!. When I said you can give better customer service I was told this isn't a customer care line. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I got I am the supervisor. I said you have a boss and i would like to talk to them.
I was told again he is the boss.
At this point I am heated to find out what I found out today. I have been on the phone 8 hours calling and talking to people. Everyone had better customer care then this guy. I was told they won't clear the account and I can live with it.

Well ok sorry sir I will have it cleared and you should not have a job at all.
When the drivers license doesn't match iv never lived out of bc but you won't clear the thousands owed. You guys are truly a joke and I will not stop tell i get it cleared off my name.

johnd698
August 20th, 2018

I am with Bell since they had the service here in Manitoba. I am happy with the service and I haven't had any issue. I just started having this issue when I renew my contract last May 2018. I was promised by Bell that they will give me a $150 hardware credit and a $50 bill in credit. So I went in Bestbuy and talk to the mobility guy and he said that it doesn't show in my account that Bell is offering me a $150 hardware credit and its only $50 bill in credit. I called customer care that I need to pay up front the hardaware that costs $129.99 coz it was the promotion on that time with Samsung galaxy s9+. So I proceed and renewed my contact and got s9+ and paid $129.99 + tax upfront and i was promised by customer care that I am getting $150 + $50 bill credit in my first bill. I got my first bill that cost I think around $120 including the $30 activation fee, my bill and prorated amount. I called customer service and talked to a girl asking why I do have a bill as they informed me that I do have a bill credit and she apologize and said that it will reflect on my next bill (month of July). I called again today and talked to a guy and said that it will gonna reflect in my next bill as they do have a certain period of time for the bill credit to apply. The previous cust care rep that I talked to said that noted it and this guy trabsfered me to a supervisor and he was telling me that I am only getting a $50 bill credit coz I already received the $150 when I got the phone. I was telling the supervisor that I was promised for $150 new hardware credit (which turns to bill in credit) and $50 bill in credit. And the supervisor apologize about what the previous lady have told me. He also insited that I already more than $150 credit when I got the new phone but I told him that time the phone was only $129.99. I felt that they stole my money and he was very unprofessional.

And they just want to offer me another $79.99 plus tax just to cover the $129.99 that I paid when I signed up. I just want to get the total of $200 bill in credit that they've promised me but they never give it to me.

lindah54
June 12th, 2015

This is how much crap you put my 79 year old mother through... You scam her into a new contract, she takes the phone in to get it activated, of course the idiot working there doesn't do it right so she gets emails telling her it won't work soon. She makes phone calls, goes back to the bell store, told it works now. Gets more activation cut off notices, makes more calls, told it works, now it won't work at all. Finally I have to call to get an idiot to activate it. Way to go, to your numerous useless employees.

sourg2
November 15th, 2015

Despite all the competition, Bell doesn't care about maintaining long term clients.
IPhone upgrades are more expensive than original contract.
After a 3 year contract where FREE upgrades were agreed to, Bell has reneged and is charging over $500 for a new iPhone.

After 6 months: Customer Retention has responded. I am not TOTALLY satisfied but we reached an agreement. WORTH PURSUING.

nelsonl18
July 28th, 2017

FROM AN EX BELL EMPLOYEE: BELL ROBBED US OFF HERE IN SAN SALVADOR. WE SOLD THEM MANY SUBSCRIPTIONS OF BELL TECH EXPERT AND THEY DID NOT PAY THE COMMISSIONS. IN SPANISH. NOS ROBARON ESO FUE LO QUE HIZO BELL CANADA AQUI EN EL SALVADOR. FUE UN ROBO AL LLEVARSE EL DEPARTAMENTO DE BELL FIBE SIN PAGARNOS LAS COMISIONES DE VENTAS. ROBO, ROBO, ROBO, ROBO, ROBO...

rs35
May 25th, 2013

Bell has horrible customer service! They misbill! They are a horrible company that rips of its customers! Do not sign up with bell! Its a headache to deal with a company that takes pride in lying to its customers!

Questions? Get answers from the Bell Canada staff and other customers.

Bell.ca is the website for Canada's largest communications company, providing broadband, wireless, and cable TV to homes and businesses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.1
Have a question about Bell Canada?