Review of BeenVerified

New York, NY 10018, USA
Tel: 1-888-579-5910
support@beenverified.com
Youtube video thumbnail
Billions of records - try searching someone today!
View Now

nicolej139
2/11/19

The information was outdated and incomplete, especially criminal records and driving records. I sent a contact form request the day I signed up for the service stating I wanted to cancel. They never responded, I had forgotten about it thinking they would cancel the service. A month later I am being charged for it. I am in the process of requesting a refund, if they give it to me I will update the review here and everywhere else I left a review, a star or two depending on how well they handle the situation.

UPDATE - They responded quickly after sending an email regarding this issue. I was given a refund and my account was canceled as requested. I think this would be good for finding basic info on a person such as location, relatives etc. The criminal history may have some info but it is not guaranteed to have everything in it.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Nicole,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please be assured your account was canceled and we issued a refund for both charges. To look into why we didn't received your cancellation request can you confirm, did you sent it via this contact form? https://www.beenverified.com/contact/

Additionally, I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us support@beenverified.com

taylorj11
1/23/19

I am writing this review to warn every body about this company. My experiences have been worst compared to other companies. There is Intelius, which has no frills, trial membership up front, and can be canceled. I was able to cancel it easily. Spokeo,the last time I used it which was not this year, required an email to them but they replied and canceled after my trial. The other three are Been Verified, Instant Checkmate, and Truth Finder. These three are almost identical. The results are identical. The difference is the quality of the web site. After you have to wait for their fake computations, and sit idle for a "Wait! Don't Go! Try Us For $1!", (Been Verified DOES NOT Do This) the website of Instant Checkmate is best. The design of Truth Finder requires you click every little thing to expand it. Most every thing on Instant Checkmate is automatically expanded. BOTH of these (Instant Checkmate and Truth Finder) have an option to cancel the subscription from the Dashboard. Been Verified DOES NOT. They require you call a telephone, or email. The telephone number IS FAKE. They repeat various offers, and at the end of these, they say to call a different number, which is a recording of various offers. The email response is very fast (but perhaps automated) and you can reply directly to the email they send you. Be sure to paste your Member ID (which they provide in the email) and tell them to cancel the subscription, and do not charge any amount, any more. (Instant Checkmate and Truth Finder will continue to offer a "discount" several times before completing the cancellation.) I got two emails from Been Verified confirming that they canceled it, but we will see if they charge my card again. Looking at my Been Verified account it says that my subscription is inactive. But because of the suspicious telephone, I do not recommend Been Verified. The reason why I used Been Verified is because they emailed me with the $1 offer instead of the jquery. Been Verified is too different compared to Instant Checkmate and Truth Finder. While their results are identical, Truth Finder is different with their trial offer, and slightly more difficult to cancel.

sj101
12/10/18

By publicizing peoples' home addresses, ages, relatives' names, past addresses, etc without their consent, BeenVerified places people in risk for physical harm by stalkers and financial fraud by identity thieves.

BeenVerified makes it virtually impossible to remove one's own personal information from their site. I folllowed the directions on their site for removal (which it takes forever to do, by the way, compared to similar sites) , even got a confirmation from BeenVerified that it had indeed been removed. A few days later, I searched my name and got a result with my age, name, and even sugggested relatives (my actual relatives).

This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi S.J,

The information in BeenVerified's reports is aggregated from public records and publicly available information. This public information is compiled through many public offices and agencies with the intent and for the purpose of it being made available to the public. There are many sources of public records, including: telephone directories, public property records, utility bills, magazine subscriptions, voter registration, and more.

If you are having issues removing your name, please email support@beenverified.com with the following information so we may locate it and remove it:

a. Your name as shown on our site
b. Age listed
c. The cities and states you are listed with

For more detailed information about the opt-out process, please visit our Opt-Out Instructions page: http://www.beenverified.com/opt-out-instructions, or email support@beenverified.com

BeenVerified Customer Support
dolcelinob
10/13/18

I was amazed at the promptness and professionalism with which my account was handled. I immediately received a response from their Customer Care representative and a refund for the payment that had been made to renew my service. My request was addressed and resolved before noon. Wow! If only every on-line service was this easy to work with.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Dolcelino,

Thank you for your kind words! It's great to hear we could help handle your request quickly and to your satisfaction. Please keep us in mind for any of your future searching needs!
richardb833
9/10/18

The lead in started out at $22.86. This was for unlimited searches during a month. For another $1.99 you can have a PDF report generated. After a lengthy wait for my first search less information was provided in my initial free Google search produced. Another offer was given at an additional cost of $14.99. This is this no money produced no better results. But wait there were more green buttons for more money that might produce something. They might have her do something that I didn't bother putting any more money in.

I immediately called been verified and expressed my concern while telling them to cancel and refund the charges. This they did so immediately. On that count I give them a 3 rating because their customer service was understanding and immediate.

I do not like services that require you to keep adding money to get further into the service which is why I did not give them a high rating but I do appreciate their customer service which is why they get a 3 rating. It is possible you will get better results but be prepared to pay more than the initial subscription fee for anything useful

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out. On the sign up page we list what's included in a membership such as phone numbers, addresses, emails, criminal records, and more (when available via public records). We also have a premium upgrade to search for additional information not included in a membership, as you mentioned. We have been working to access additional databases and integrate improved data into our reports. We are sorry to hear we were not the best fit for your needs but we're glad to hear we could offer great customer service. Thank you for giving us a try and for sharing your experience !
ank3
8/24/18

The results gave me no information at all! Even paid for the upgrade and no information was turned up. Should have had property records, marriage cert, etc.. Had nothing listed.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi An,

I'm sorry to hear we were unable to help you find the information you were looking for.

Please be assured that your account was canceled on 09/13/18 and you were issued a refund of $37.72. The refund was processed immediately on our end, however please note that it may take a few days for the refund to be reflected on your bank statement.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

gilberth24
8/16/18

I was just looking up my old addresses to find out dates I moved in and moved out. It downloaded everything,found me and after all of it told me then I have to pay.

donnat192
8/15/18

BEWARE! I was led to this site because I was trying to locate someone I had lost contact with years ago. It popped up and you kind of can't get out of it, it just keeps coming back. It takes a long time doing searches before you even get what you think is the addreth ss (not a phone number). Then I tried to use the address outside of this site to get the phone number but it took me back to the site. After an hour I was sucked in to signing up for what I thought was going to cost me $1.00 for a trial period. Then I did get some phone numbers, however these were all old phone numbers or wrong numbers. Never did get a correct number. This started on the 26th of the month, by the 1st of the next month I called them to make sure that they knew I did not want their service, it was useless to me. However, they apparently charge you for a full month immediately and even though I called them as soon as I did, (even have a conf # for the cancellation), they would not refund that charge. Total scam. They get you on that site and mislead you that they can get you the info you need for minimum amount then charge you full price. Do not trust them. Take care, stay away from 'Been Verified' I can verify that!!!

carolinac32
7/26/18

A) Its asking for too much money. B) Doesnt show anything in depth, photos, no nothing besides locations, numbers, and people they /may/ know.

iamt2
6/27/18

Curious about a phone call I typed the number into Google and ended up on been verified. I wasn't that curious. Since the I have had 2 -3 notices every day that they have found new info. It's been about a week now and I finally called them to stop the harassment. I think they have but I will know soon. I had to waste a lot of my time to end the harassment.

paiger38
6/5/18

Wait 15 minutes for your free report it finally finishes and they tell you that you have to buy a monthly subscription to see results

edn48
6/2/18

This company is a ripoff. At first, it seems like a free service then after waiting 15 minutes for the reports they finally tell you there is a $25 fee. What they don't tell you is after you agree to pay the $25 fee that it automatically keeps billing you every month. Don't use them it is a scam to start stealing money from you every month!

yvonned33
4/13/18

Pretends to do a lengthy search and you would think the results would be detailed, recent and accurate. Wrong!!!!! I would not advise anyone to pay for this site. Do not be deceived by the search process. The information it pulls up after you pay is worthless and doesn't really contain the information you are looking for. I tried the search with my name, friends and family and then the initial person I was looking for and boy oh boy the results were just abysmal... Funny thing is I paid for another site - $7 and that site gave me more information on my initial target's criminal background and relatives. Beenverified did not even pull up any criminal background at all and I paid $22.86 for beenverified. I figured since the cheaper site had basic information that beenverified would have more considering how "extensive" their search process is when you try to search for someone. Talk about faux "extensive" search. Also after you pay and it opens up the result, it then asks you to pay extra fee to view "premium data". Why not put a disclaimer on the initial sign up page that the initial fee does not cover all the information on that person? I am just very disappointed. False Advertising and Overpriced for what you get. SMH

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Yvonne,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports. BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills.

I reviewed your account, and see that you have been issued a full refund as you requested. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-579-5910 or support@beenverified.com
janes171
3/27/18

I Asked Them To Kindly Remove All My Information From Their Data Base And Now They Are Spamming My Email Constantly.Highly Unprofessional.Also The Reason Why They Have Mostly Wrong Info Is Because They Want Your Money First To Supposedly Check On/Find Others,Then Like Most People Check On/Find Yourself, See The Wrong Info And Get Upset Enough(And Gullable)To Call/Email Them And Say "Hey,My Info Is Wrong!"And Proceed To Give Your Correct Infomation.So They Not Only Get People's Info But They Also Profit Off Of It.

stephenj121
3/7/18

I called multiple phone numbers listed on their site and they all gave me a giant list of "offers", but no way to cancel my subscription. I finally found the one phone number that worked and was able to cancel but this was a complete pain in the ass to cancel. The fact that you can't cancel on the website should be a MAJOR RED FLAG to all people.

I'm a web developer and can tell you that not having an easy way to cancel your subscription is just plain dumb and bad user experience. Do not sign up for this service it's a waste and you'll end up being ripped off by not being able to cancel easily. Never trust a website that can't allow you cancel through their website. Fail on BeenVerified and their web developers. Shame.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. I found no value in this sight and it didn't really help me for what I was hoping to get help with. You also have to call a phone number to cancel which is a bad customer experience.

richardj5
2/21/18

1. Like too many other websites, this one sneakily makes you await the results of a lengthy search and provide your own information before it reveals what you must pay for a deeper search--seemingly an opt-out monthly fee. (If you decide to pay it, be sure to opt out immediately.)

2. Before committing any money, read Brian's SiteJabber review at http://bit.ly/2ERzUeV and rep Carla's response. It's perplexing why Carla submitted any response, as it completely ignores Brian's primary objection, which is the absence of the paid reports' important information.

johns2626
2/14/18

I wish I had found this site before I spent my money. To be fair this site is fine if you want to see everyplace a person has lived during their life or how much they paid for their house. However, if you are using it, as I wanted to, to find current phone numbers and especially email addresses to reconnect with people, it is virtually worthless.

maryh371
11/13/17

No matter who I searched I get 0 results. I am very disappointed. I feel like I have wasted my time and money on this website.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Mary,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate or missing information in your reports.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct or a report for a specific person is not available. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

Please be assured that you were issued a refund of your monthly subscription charge as well as a premium upgrade you purchased.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.
janel313
11/7/17

Saying my email doesn't exisist when I tried to cancel yet there were two charges to my account. I want the charges off.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Jane,

I'm sorry you're having any trouble with your account. I was unable to locate an account associated with your information. Please contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910 and we can better assist you with locating and reversing these charges.
ml185
10/16/17

After a LENGTHLY process this website says they have found multiple files of info on the person inquired about. Then ask to click a button to retrieve the files BUT then asked for payment before showing these files found. After paying them, it turns out they did not have any files on the person inquired about, What A Scam. RIP-OFF website

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi M L,

I'm sorry to hear that you had any trouble finding the information you were looking for. BeenVerified's database contains information collected from public records and publicly available data, compiled from thousands of different sources. Your ability to locate a specific individual in our database can be dependent on a number of factors, such as the amount of information collected on that individual by various government and private agencies, and the laws regarding public information in the state where the individual resides.

If you are unable to locate a particular individual in our database, please know that we continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

If you have any more questions or concerns, or need more hlep please do not hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.
skipp11
9/27/17

I paid for this subscription yet no matter who or what I searched I received 1 result out of two and I wanted to enter a few more.. Not worth my time and I would like a refund. .

colleenp28
9/17/17

I used Been Verified ONCE and after searching for a name, I keep getting pop-ups on my computer about the person I searched for. They don't stop! And when I try to contact them, they ask for a member ID, but I never received a member ID! Then I had to send an email to them to ask them to leave me alone and stop disrupting my work day. Who knows how long it will take before the pop-ups stop! I will never use this site again. All the information you want (come to find out) is available online with a little time spent digging. Been Verified is a waste of money.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Colleen,

If you are receiving pop up notifications from BeenVerified on your browser, you can click the gear icon in the notification window to change your settings and stop receiving these notifications.

If you are receiving these messages on your mobile browser on your phone, please click the Chrome menu in the upper right corner, select Settings, then Site Settings, then Notifications. You will see BeenVerified listed, click that and then you can select to Block (instead of Allow) notifications from BeenVerified.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,
support@beenverified.com
1-888-579-5910
carlyc17
9/17/17

I do not like the idea that all somebody needs is a picture of me, or my email address and $1 and they could get my exact location.
This is how people get stalked or even killed.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Carly,

We take your privacy concerns seriously, and we would like to quickly address your request. We offer an opt out tool so that you can remove your information from our search results. Please use the link below to opt your name out of BeenVerified's people search results:

www.beenverified.com/optout

Further, please be aware that we obtain and regularly update the BeenVerified people search results from various public and private databases. Although we and our data partners do our best to suppress the records that you opt out from appearing in our people search results, there may be times when our data partners provide us with new data about you that is different enough from the data you previously opted out – such as different spellings, initials, combinations of information, and/or addresses – that it is not possible to conclusively opt out that new record. Accordingly, if you have previously opted out and see a new record about you appear in our people search results, please contact us with this opt-out request and we will remove this record as well.

For more detailed information about the opt-out process, please visit our Opt-Out FAQ: http://www.beenverified.com/opt-out-faq.

If you need any more assistance or have any further questions, please let us know at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.
chriss767
9/4/17

I paid for this subscription yet no matter who or what I searched I received 0 results for all. Not worth it even if free.

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Chris,

I'm sorry you had any trouble locating the information or individuals you were searching for. I have issued a full refund of your subscription charge. You should see it reflected in your bank account within a couple business days.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.
kathryns50
8/26/17

I tried BeenVerified to find a loved one who I had lost contact with. I already had more up to date information than BeenVerified gave me! All of the information they had was over 10yrs old! Waste of my time and money!

Response from Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Hi Kathryn,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into any inaccurate information in your reports. I located your account and see that we have already issued a full refund to you.

As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct or available. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. We continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi Joy, I apologize for any inconvenience. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing until you elect to cancel, as we state on our sign up page. We can certainly help you cancel your account and look into the refund. Please contact BeenVerified Customer Care at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com with your full name and email address or member id, so we can locate your account. We look forward to hearing from you so we can provide additional assistance as soon as possible. Kind regards, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S., BeenVerified Representative

Hi George, It has been my experience that BeenVerified provides more information included in your subscription, and requires less additional purchases, than Instant Checkmate, but that is based on only limited experience with their service. One way in which we aim to stand out from the competition is by providing exceptional customer service and being responsive to our customers' needs. The only way for you to be sure of how we compare is by signing up for BeenVerified and finding out for yourself. You can sign up for a limited time, 5-day $1 trial offer here: https://www.beenverified.com/lp/af95e6/4/subscribe We would love to hear your feedback and your comparison. Please contact Customer Care at 888-579-5910 or at support@beenverified.com at your convenience. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S., BeenVerified Representative

Hi Gabriela, I'm sorry to hear you had any confusion with our sign up process. In order to sign up for BeenVerified you must check a box agreeing that you are 18 or older, and accept our Terms of Service. You also are required to provide a credit card, in order to sign up for the subscription you select. We don't offer a free trial. Please contact BeenVerified's Customer Care at 888-579-5910 or email us at support@beenverified.com so we can make sure the account is canceled. It helps to have your 9-digit member id available. We look forward to hearing from you so we can provide additional assistance as soon as possible. Kind regards, BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S., BeenVerified Representative

Sharon - I'm sorry to hear this was your experience with BeenVerified. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Care at 888-579-5810 or at support@beenverified.com if you need assistance cancelling or have further concerns. Phillipa - BeenVerified provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. That data is collected from many, many sources of publicly available information: public records such as mortgage deeds, court records, voter registration etc, as well as sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards, utilities, and more. Because we are dependent on the accuracy of public data, I cannot guarantee that all information you find in a report is 100% accurate or comprehensive. But I can promise you that we constantly update and expand our database to provide the most accurate and up to date information we can. We also offer a feature called AlertME that allows you to monitor reports you've run and receive instant notification whenever we receive new information for that report: a new phone number, a change of address, even new criminal records. Depending on your use case Philippa, I do want to make clear that BeenVerified is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It is outside our Terms of Service to use BeenVerified for employment background checks or tenant screening, for example. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact BeenVerified Customer Care at 888-579-5810 or at support@beenverified.com. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S., BeenVerified Representative

Hi Carol, We appreciate your interest in BeenVerified, however we wouldn't be the right site for you. At this time, we don't offer access to our site to customers located outside the U.S., so you would not be able to create an account. I apologize for any inconvenience. Best, Carla BeenVerified Customer Care

By Carla S., BeenVerified Representative

Hi Mark, I apologize for the delayed reply. We do not offer to track text messages, we can offer to do a search on the number texting you to see who may own that number along with any additional contact information for them provided via public records.

By Dana C., BeenVerified Representative

Hi Desiree, We will include marriage and divorce records in a person's report, whenever they are available to us. There are vast differences from state to state regarding how marriage and divorce records are made publicly available for integration into our database. There are many states that do not yet make their marriage and divorce records available digitally for us to pull into our reports. If you do not see a marriage or divorce record you expected to find, please know that we are constantly updating and expanding our database to provide the most comprehensive and accurate reports we possibly can. If you have not already, we encourage you to activate the Monitoring feature, so you will be notified whenever we receive new data in the person's report, such as an added marriage or divorce record. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@beenverified.com or 1-888-579-5910.

By Dana C., BeenVerified Representative

Hi Dee, BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. All searches are run by you in your account, once you sign up for an account. We also offer an opt out tool so that you can remove your information if it appears on our site. Please use the link below to opt your name out of BeenVerified's people search results: www.beenverified.com/optout To get started, click the link and use the search to locate and select your record. You will then receive an email asking you to click to verify your request. After you verify, we will send you an email confirming that the record you selected has been opted out and will instruct our data partners not to return the record in future People Search results. Further, please be aware that we obtain and regularly update the BeenVerified people search results from various public and private databases. Although we and our data partners do our best to suppress the records that you opt out from appearing in our people search results, there may be times when our data partners provide us with new data about you that is different enough from the data you previously opted out such as different spellings, initials, combinations of information, and/or addresses that it is not possible to conclusively opt out that new record. Accordingly, if you have previously opted out and see a new record about you appear in our people search results, please contact us with this opt-out request and we will remove this record as well. For more detailed information about the opt-out process, please visit our Opt-Out FAQ: http://www.beenverified.com/opt-out-faq, or send us an email at support@beenverified.com Kind regards, BeenVerified Customer Support

By Dana C., BeenVerified Representative

Hi William, BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. All searches are run by you in your account, once you sign up for an account. If you are interested in signing up, you can view our current pricing here: www.BeenVerified.com/subscribe You can sign up by creating an account on that page. I hope that helps but if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

By Carla S., BeenVerified Representative

Hi Warren, BeenVerified is an easy-to-access collection of public record information. Public records are collected through official government records such as mortgage deeds and court records, and through sources such as magazine subscriptions, warranty cards and utility bills. As you just experienced, sometimes the information they collect is not always 100% correct. However, we can only work with the information provided to us within public data. Because we do not create the information, we cannot edit the information. Corrections occur through ongoing, systematic database updates. So while we cannot edit your information to make corrections, please also know that we continuously strive to update and expand our databases in order to provide you with the most current and accurate information we possibly can. While we can't edit the information in a report, we do offer an opt out tool so that you can remove a report for your name if you so desire. Please use the link below to opt your name out of BeenVerified's people search results: www.beenverified.com/optout To get started, click the link and use the search to locate and select your record. You will then receive an email asking you to click to verify your request. After you verify, we will send you an email confirming that the record you selected has been opted out and will instruct our data partners not to return the record in future People Search results. Further, please be aware that we obtain and regularly update the BeenVerified people search results from various public and private databases. Although we and our data partners do our best to suppress the records that you opt out from appearing in our people search results, there may be times when our data partners provide us with new data about you that is different enough from the data you previously opted out such as different spellings, initials, combinations of information, and/or addresses that it is not possible to conclusively opt out that new record. Accordingly, if you have previously opted out and see a new record about you appear in our people search results, please contact us with this opt-out request and we will remove this record as well. For more detailed information about the opt-out process, please visit our Opt-Out FAQ: http://www.beenverified.com/opt-out-faq If you need any additional assistance, or have any further questions, you can reach us at 1-888-579-5910 or support@Beenverified.com

By Dana C., BeenVerified Representative
Questions? Get answers from the BeenVerified staff and other customers.

3 Photos for BeenVerified