Review of Intelius

Intelius reviews

Tel: +1-425-974-6194

lizzieb12
7/16/18

False advertisement. Claims to be one price. Then charges you more.
You can get the same info online for FREE

jt139
11/6/17

This if the first time I ever ran a background check and was EXTREMELY disappointed. I would rather spend an additional $100 and get a one-time comprehensive report from a private source and not be gouged on the website for an additional $19.95 (x2) so I can get additional information. I expected a comprehensive report and got information you can obtain online via FB, county/state records, etc. Would never use this site again!

billh77
9/6/17

My personal experience with Intelius is completely at variance with all these poor ratings. Intelius is an information search company, and they're the best, period. Perhaps equally important, they have integrity. There was a small automated-payment misunderstanding, and they returned my money with no hassle. I think this kind of honesty is esp. important in an area like this. Nobody can work miracles, but if the information is there, these people will have it. Five stars, definitely!!

heidit17
6/30/17

Somehow my 85-year-old mother with dementia got signed up for this service. I am her legal power of attorney. I called to cancel this service. I could not understand the customer service rep. Maybe in India?!! I really don't know. All I know is that he was rude, unsympathetic to my situation and wanted a written letter with a copy of the P.O.A. REALLY!!!! Can you make my already complicated life any worse??!!! Don't use this company, they don't care!!!!!!!

alvins22
11/1/16

I signed up to do a criminal check on someone. I clicked all the right boxes for a $29.95 Premier Membership that I would cancel before the 7 day period was up and be charged $7.95. When I called the next day, I was charged $39.95. I will dispute the charge on my credit card. They didn't even find the data, but I found it on a Google search. What a ripoff!!!

dt65
10/1/16

I recently used Intelius after being happy with their service a few years ago. They are no longer a good background search product - I was able to find more info with a simple google search than with their $70 super duper background check. Don't waste your $$$$.

kittym8
5/29/16

zero starts would be more accurate. I accidentally hit the background check button and was charged over 30.00 dollars for a bull$#*! report. there was nothing in addition to the people search. NOTHING. blank.. yet they would not refund me. THIS "SERVICE" IS UTTER BULL$#*!. THEY ARE SELLING YOU OLD INFORMATION... THEY DO NOT UPDATE THEIR REPORTS. avoid them at all costs.

Tip for consumers: use checkmate. they update their reports, give tons more information.. and if they screw up they will give a refund.

taylorj11
5/23/16

Stay away from it. Extremely inaccurate. I do not know how they can be so inaccurate?!

cheerj
3/16/16

Hello,
I used this site to fond someone but I only received partial info. I was a little helpful. If you want more, it's best to use other sites.

scarletm2
1/22/16

If you are trying to find someone's address, you can forget about this site. The information they provide you, which costs a fee, does not include apartment numbers. In large cities the information is therefore useless. They do provide phone numbers, but then you can get that info from the phone company.

marieh56
11/13/15

I purchased a background report and saw the fine print that in buying it you would be automatically enrolled in their monthly subscription. (Which is possibly the stupidest subscription. Who would need tons of background reports per month? If you're a legitimate company you sure as hell wouldn't be using this inaccurate crap.) I figured, "No matter, I will purchase my report and promptly unsubscribe." So I did just that. I received an email confirming that "no further charges" would be issued. I wish I could post the email to show you how clear this was! NO CHARGES would be made past the specified date, 11/2/2015.

Then same as reported before (wish I saw these before buying!) a nice little amount was taken out of my account on 11/9/2016. Fabulous. So, I gave the lovely company a call.

Not only was the report inaccurate (I know because I ran it on myself) and not only were they dipping into my account when they specifically said they would stop further charges, but the customer service was horrible! She was downright rude!

I went into the call thinking they were still a legitimate company so I explained the scenario thinking that they would apologize and refund me that amount. She asked for my info, and when I took longer than three second to find the card I used she blurted out "If you can't find it, you can just call us back when you do". Um, lady, it's in my hand. I walked eight feet to retrieve it, calm down. Of course you will have rude service when you get rude customers calling you and why would only rude customers call a company? Because the company is wronging it's customers. So she created a rude customer out of me. After she explained that there is a charge if you cancel too early (and if you cancel too late you pay the next months subscription fee remember) I realized it was quite a nice little scam they have going. I will cancel my card if they continue to charge it.

In short. stay away! DO NOT purchase anything from them and I hope to see the company disappear soon.

jeanh21
10/4/14

This is NOT a reputable business--they provide a substandard product/service and then make unauthorized charges on your bank card hoping that you won't notice.

I had to pay separately for every separate piece of information (phone numbers + addresses), and the information provided was OVER FIVE YEARS OLD! I cancelled my membership the same day I signed up, and received an e-mail stating that I would receive "no further charges." However, one week later, a fee for $7.95 popped up on my bank statement and I had to call and fight with them to get it removed.

They're betting that most people either won't notice the extra charge, or won't bother to fight it. Extremely unethical.

Tip for consumers: DON'T use this site. You will pay good money for outdated information and then get charged after you tell them to quit charging you.

rinac2
9/9/14

I would give a three star because the results told only first name but not the last name. So.. This helps a little. The results did not provide the address. The also provide the location of the phone number. This is how Intelius works for me for finding a phone number. First, type the whole phone number including the areacode. Secondly, pay for fee either with a credit card or debit card. Thirdly, wait until you receive an email from them. They will email you whether not they find it. Fifth, view the results. Good luck. It depends what phone number you are searching. Some numbers are more private than others. Last but not least, do not use Spokeo and peoplesmart=scam.

concernedp
1/30/14

I think they actually got in trouble for continuing to charge people's credit cards months after their first purchase, but you can google that if you want to see if that's correct.
With regard to their opt out policy, they continually find new iterations of your info to repost, and depending on where on their site it is, it can take months of continuous hassle with them to take it down. There need to be better laws regulating companies like this!

wendyw5
7/1/13

I was trying to find a distant relative. my husband put his card number into the billing information. They were only supposed to take 95 cents. they took ALL the money he had to his name. On top of that, the phone number they gave me didnt even work. Please don't trust this site.

jaym19
7/13/11

When you google "reverse phone look-up," intelius.com adverstises the look-up is free. When you click on to get the information, there is at least a $.99 charge for a single look-up. The only information that is free is the probable location and it states , "land line." I have done my own in these reverse look-ups and it came back in a city not where I live and land line, so what it states is not necessarily true.

grantr1
7/12/11

Purchased a information report. The report did not include information that was promised. When contacted, the company acknowledged that the information was not provided but claimed that it could not provide the information or refund the cost. Did offer a credit toward future purchase. Fat chance I'll waste my time with that.

lisam30
6/9/11

The information provided was inaccurate. I will be watching my bill to make sure no other charges are billed.

kayc1
8/13/10

I thought I was paying a one-time charge of $19.95 to get background info on a person. Instead I subscribed to an identity protection package that I did not want or need!! This site is very deceiving, but the worst thing is, they will NOT refund any of the money for your monthly "subscription" to something you don't even know about. Don't ever give your credit card number to Intelius!

philb
4/21/09

Watch out for Intelius - I used Intelius to get a phone number of a person I needed to call and they offered this search for $0.95 ( half off)....little did i know that I was actually subscribing to their monthly indenity service ( had no idea, it wasn't obvious) probably some of that small print.

Any was I called them and the said that they would stop the subscription, but the $19.95 they took out of my checking account was their's and they were going to keep it. I said that I was willing to pay full price for the phone number I wanted ($1.95) and they could reimburse me $18.00....but they said no too bad you signed up for it so we are keeping the money.
Watch out for Intelius!!!!

mkc
4/15/09

INTELIUS uses 'trickery' in their people background search - Reviews were pretty good for Intelius so I gave them a shot at a quick address background check. I put in my credit card number and other related info and clicked 'continue' and the next page in BIG letters at the top said in bold , <strong>Thank You</strong> your order has been successfully completed. Now the rest of the page below is total advertising and you have to figure out what to click or you will be charged by the advertiser '24Protect Plus, $19.95 a month. The link you want to click on is small and indescreet in the lower left and very decieving. WATCH OUT FOR IT....Intelius is aiding in the deciet of its customers.

Questions? Get answers from the Intelius staff and other customers.

Intelius?