Review of Beds.co.uk

Tel: 0121 568 7126
sales@beds.co.uk

lisan91
4/28/17

I ordered my bed online and rang them a few days later as i had read bad reviews. I received my confirmation by email and during my phone call booked my delivery slot. Emailed the day before to.check all ok for delivery and got a personal phone call and email. Delivered on time. Great mattress and divan. Very pleased as these were twice the price in dreams.

gemmah8
4/21/17

I spent ages looking for a nice but moderately priced storage bed before i came across the *** - I opted for a nice pocket sprung mattress and the whole package came to about £350. I was impressed that the beds were available next day but as i work full time i needed to organised a day off to be in for delivery so arranged delivery for approx 2 weeks later. During that time I happened to check the T&Cs of the delivery service and noted that the service is meant to be a 2 person service but unfortunately were under no obligation to take the bed further than the communal door of a property!! I live up 3 flights of stairs so this was quite shocking to read. I kept in mind that it would be a 2 person delivery and if i asked/offered a little extra they wouldn't mind bringing the bed up as I live alone. Boy was i wrong! i got buzzed by the courier demanding i meet him at the communal front door, he would only deliver to the outside of the communal door (not even in the lobby) and he was, in fact, alone. i asked for help getting the bed upstairs and offered the delivery driver money but was refused. I was forced to move an entire double bed and mattress up 3 flights of stairs alone - utterly disgusted.

after eventually getting the bed up to my flat (after an hour of trying), i set about assembling the bed (something I wasn't sure i would have to do given the description of the bed never suggested whether it would come as an assembled frame or not). The bed came in so many parts and a lot of places where screws were required did not have a marking or the start of a pre-drilled hole. By the end of the day I had an assembled bed - but aching muscles and hands that lasted 3 days. Although everything was done 'by the book' by the company - I wouldn't buy from them again.

waseema6
4/21/17

Ordered beds for delivery the next day. Informed will be arriving between 6-12midday. Delivery did not arrive, after calling beds.co.uk I was informed oh the items were not loaded on the van so we have to rearrange delivery. Neither did beds.co.uk or premier deliveries have the courtesy to call and inform me.

Delivery rearranged for following week Tuesday between 12 and 6. I called the delivey company at 3pm to get an update who advised me that delivery will be amde between 5 and 6 as driver stuck in traffic.Driver did not turn up.
Following day beds.co.uk rang and informed me that one of the beds is out of stock. All this time in between the manager and the staff didnt even think to tell me it was out of stock. Apparently they will take orders even if the bed is out of stock and inform you it is in stock. The manager arguement is orders placed befor yours are dealt first. which makes sense but aint you heard of stock take. Surely those sold before my order are taken of the stock available. The whole lot of am are dishonest. They will tell you lies from staff to manager. i advise you stay well away. will reporting the company further.

Tip for consumers: Stay Away

emmaf39
4/18/17

Well I can honestly say that I have never ever received such poor customer service or paid for such a poor quality product. The below is the actual sequence of events fact.
1. I ordered a new double bed to be delivered the day I moved into a new house. The bed was due to be delivered by 2pm
2. At 12 oclock I called the company just to check
3. I was told sorry the bed was not put onto the lorry what ??
4. The phone then went dead. I sat waiting for them to call back. They didnt. I called back and was told the same story. Delivery was rearranged for 2 days later. 2 days of sleeping on the floor
5. I rearranged a work meeting and took a days holiday to take delivery of the bed
6. On the morning of the supposed delivery I checked my emails to only discover an email informing that the bed would not be delivered for another 2 days.
7. I called the company obviously not happy and requesting some compensation
8. The compensation was £15 and agreement that the delivery people would bring the bed up the stairs ?!?
9. Day of delivery. I receive a phone call from the driver asking if there is someone at my home to lift the bed ?!?
10. The bed eventually arrives. Well most of it
a. The bed requires 8 castors. It came with 4
b. The headboard requires 4 screws to fix it with the bed. It came with 2
c. The bed comes in 2 parts and requires 2 bolts to keep it together. It came with 1
This is one of the most stressful retail experiences I have gone through. I cannot believe this company is still operating. STAY AWAY

ians93
4/15/17

I ordered the 2000 spring ortho at £245 on the 6th April. With prompt payment. I received a phone call on the 11th to say it will be delivered the next day. A phone call from them on that day saying problems with delivery and it will be delivered the following day. So I waited in again this being my 2nd day off work only to receive this item. No delivery not even a phone call this time. I waited till the next day now being Saturday 14th I phoned the office and they told me its not there usual delivery service and they will resolve it. I shall give it till Monday for it to be resolved either by the bed i ordered being delivered that day or a full refund if it is a good review on its way if not. Then I shall contact PayPal. My bank,trading standards and my solicitor. Mr Smithson. Bd4 8ey.

imrank32
4/15/17

I bought a double bed divan with storage drawers and within a couple of months the base had sagged & deformed.. upon inspection the base was made of cardboard type panel which was only supported at two points and was totally incapable of supporting any normal weight mattress and occupants!.. bed is totally unfit for purpose and when I called the customer service and eventually spoke to an advisor (after around 45 minutes!) I was told that the bed had no warranty!!! Upon remonstrating that the bed was unfit for purpose I was told that I would be contacted... am still waiting after a month! Incredible that a supposedly reputable online retailer can treat customers this way!

lorrainek14
3/31/17

Bought mattress may 2016. Faulty and replaced September 2016. 2nd mattress faulty. No answer to calls emails and complaint letters as I have a year guarantee confirmed in email on replaced faulty mattress. Now having treatment on back. Orthopaedic mattress is a nonsense. Con artist

am9056
3/29/17

I must say I am extremely impressed at the service I have received from start to finish. Ordered a Rimini 4 drawer sleigh bed with a memory foam mattress. Was advised of a delivery day the same day. Was advised by premier deliveries of my time slot and the driver called me 15 minutes before he arrived. The driver was really helpful in assisting me with the bed into my home. On assembling the bed I found I was missing a few screws. I contacted there customer service department who were extra helpful and apologetic. They posted my screws to me which I received within 2 days. Excellent service all round I will recommend beds.co.uk to my friends and family. To future customers, I was a little put out off by the reviews but only had a small budget for a new bed. They were the best price so took a leap of faith. There service has been great.

kerryg12
3/28/17

Ordered bed frame and mattress on the evening of 20-3-17 could of had delivery on the 22nd but put it off until the 25th as was decorating and having new carpet put down !
Had text to say would be delivered between 7-12 , it arrived at 6-45am, really impressed with quality of bed frame and mattress and will be recommending www.beds.co.uk to friends and family. Thankyou so much first class service.

garyd93
3/28/17

goods as described
Prompt delivery
Delivered on time/day specified
Overall very good shopping experience

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Thank you very much for your kind message. We are happy to see you were happy with your product and the service.
Beds.co.uk
lucyg23
3/27/17

Multiple issues, initial order have made on Christmas Day, 2016. It is May 2017 and I still have only just been able to organise a collection of the faulty mattress and three weeks later, despite multiple reminders have not been refunded.

Company ignores emails and keeps your money. Worst service I have ever witnessed, I can't even be bothered to list the c.10 mistakes they have made (best one was the delivery van turning up when I took a day off work... but with no bed inside).

I cannot emphasise enough how much you should not buy from this company. Save yourself the stress.

paulk181
3/26/17

Ordered the bed and was received within 3 days. Excellent service, Took approximately 45mins-1hour to assemble which isn't bad considering I'm not Bob the builder, memory foam mattress is extremely comfy

judithm61
3/26/17

Received bed and mattress from beds.co.uk ... Really surprised and pleased with the quality of the items for the money I payed. Fast free delivery...Win Win situation

phillipl30
3/26/17

Easy simple and effective, can't complain at that.
Product was delivered very quickly and as discribed

charliem67
3/25/17

I was cery impressed with the item and the customer service advisors were great! I will be returning to the site in june to purchase a rattan set!

catherines79
3/24/17

After being disappointed with the coiled sprung thin layer of memory foam mattress for new triple bunk bed I received a phone call to discuss & was advised to try the memory foam mattress instead. It quickly arrived & im very happy to say that's it's perfect. Thank you.

ghittab
3/20/17

UPDATE: 20 March 2017

After my last review left re: Beds.co.uk, they finally within 20 minutes of putting the review online, got back to me.

I can now happily say that they arranged a speedy re-deliver of the correct bed, which I have now received.

This was followed-up by more calls from management apologising and checking I have received my bed.

The issue has thankfully now been resolved in a speedy way and further action will be taken to investigate why this has happened and to prevent something similar from happening again in future to other customers.

It's a shame it took my review to have this issue resolved, but hopefully now this will never happen again and I thank them for this speedy resolution, which is greatly appreciated.

Oct 2016:
I ordered a grey, ottoman double bed in Oct 2016. The bed arrived, but was pink, not an ottoman and a super king!

I rearranged for delivery after being on hold to the company for 28mins.

November 2016:
The grey ottoman arrived. I'm not familiar with FEET so assumed it was the right bed.

We put the bed together (which took about 1 hour to do only to realise once we had the mattress on that it was a KING bed.

25mins on hold I finally managed to get a collection and redelivery arranged .... for JAN 2017!
WE had to however take the bed apart again and try and fit it back into the boxes.

13 Jan 2017.
I called them to double check and ensure the collection and delivery of the DOUBLE bed is arriving the next day and was assured it is.

14 Jan 2017
Waited at home all day from 7am-7pm. No bed. No collection.

16 Jan
Called them 5x.
Bed was not delivered as is now out of stock until March so they decided not to collect the other bed either.

21 Jan.
Bed collected 4pm. Waited at home all day.

I also asked for a refund and was told it will take place in a few days.

9 March 2017.
I called them after realising I have still not received my refund.
They said they have a delivery scheduled for me for 18 March, hence no refund. I wasn't even aware of that!
I decided to wait for delivery. Asked them to double check that a DOUBLE bed will be delivered to me.

18 March 2017
Bed just arrived. It's a KING!!!!

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Dear customer,
I am so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with us, I can see since your last update your issue has been resolved and we have been trying to contact you in regards to your partial refund.
Please call us on 0121 526 7305.
Kind regards,
stefana18
3/19/17

Really fast delivery , price was good and communication super ! Is second time when I buy from them .... and I think next week again !

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
We are so happy to see you were happy with your purchase.
We appreciate returning customers and have therefore sent you a discount code for your next purchase!!
Kind regards,
carols188
3/12/17

I am very pleased with the whole experience of ordering to the delivery of my 3000 Jupitor Sprung Orthopedic Mattress. i slept better than i have for years on it last night and i hope it stays like that for a few years to come . Thank you very much Beds.co.uk

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Thank You for the lovely review, We are delighted you are happy with the items you have purchased.
leighannt
3/12/17

I had already places my order when i found this site so was very worried when I seen these reviews. Delivery excellent especially considering it was free. Got email confirmation and text and a time slot of between 0800 and 1400 it came at 11.15. Delivery men carried it to my door(I am in a third floor flat) No damage to packaging and all pieces seem to be there. Would recommend to other people

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, its great to hear your pleased our service and products.
juliev27
3/8/17

I so happy with my 2 double divan beds I had delivered today excellent value for money ,, would defiantly use beds.co.uk again , delivered like the company said the deliver driver was so helpful and friendly

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Its great to hear you are happy with your items.
lh74
3/7/17

We ordered our bed and got it within a few days, it took about an hour and a half to put it together then a couple of hours to wait for the mattress to expand but it was well worth the wait.

carolynm81
3/7/17

Ordered a king size memory foam mattress, it's great, brilliant price and arrived on time.
I would definitely order from beds.co.uk again

faikk
3/6/17

Ordered an ottoman leather bed. Came very quick and pleased with the customer service. Have ordered before also and have found them very usefull.

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Thank you for you kind comments. We are happy to hear you are pleased with your items and the service we provided. Kind regards, Terri
shabinak1
3/4/17

I got my new mattress from bed.co.uk..i am very happy with my new mattress, just had ababy and i got the reflex momory form which has help my back problems. The mattress was good value for money and the smell went away within hours. Thank you beds.co.uk and the customer service was really good and very helpful and will buy my new mattress from you. Shabina.

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello,
We are happy to hear the mattress you have purchased is helping your back issues! Thank you for your kind comments and congratulations!! Kind regards,
Terri

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U.K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message. Kind regards, Terri

you should be suspicious

By DON J.

Hello there Im Really sorry that some of the negative feedback that has been written on here has put you off from purchasing from us. Please see our updated reviews here ..https://www.trustpilot.com/review/beds.co.uk We are a multi million pound company and we dispatch over 5000 deliveries per week and we hold our hands up to slight complications on a handful of the orders. But we really hope you give us a chance to show you that we are a very efficient company with very nice reasonably priced high quality products. Kind regards Charlotte Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Ennesia, Sorry for the late response, I have been away due to personal reasons. Do you still require further assistance? If so please provide a delivery postcode or a reference number to locate your order details.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Jame, If the item received is as not as described, it is best for you to contact our After Sales Care Team on 0121 5686 7126 option 2. Once you have contacted them, they will request images of the item received, and will then advise you on the following steps. Hope this information has helped.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Mel, I can confirm, customers are eventually happy with there products. Majority of the time it is down to a personal preference that the customer does not like there product, but as soon as we find a product suited to the customer, the customer is then satisfied. Customer satisfaction is always our number one priority. Kind regards Jamie Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Takes well over 20 minutes at times. Disgraceful!

By Lou M.

Sent them an email last week as I don't think that I have received a memory foam mattress as advertised, still no reply. Will advise trading standards next week if no response and follow up with small claims court if necessary

By Kenneth F.

Hi, Thank you for your message, I can assure you that your order will be with you if it is not already. Please email me directly on resolutions.beds@gmail.com or call our aftersales team on 01215687126 and ask for Tom, I will be more than happy to assist you further

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there Ling, Could you please e-mail me with regards to your issue, My direct e-mail is julie@beds.co.uk. Regards. beds.co.uk.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other customers.

Beds.co.uk?