AvasFlowers.net

AvasFlowers.net has a consumer rating of 1.11 stars from 243 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about AvasFlowers.net most frequently mention customer service, next day and local florist problems. AvasFlowers.net ranks 187th among Flower Delivery sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 0.8%

No positive highlights yet

• When I called to complain, the customer service person asked if I wanted a partial refund.
  • My husband ordered flowers from this dishonest company and paid in full for same day delivery.
How would you rate AvasFlowers.net?

“Promptness”

Linda T.
1/20/20

Ava's delivered my order on time just as they said they would. The plant was absolutely beautiful! Will use them again!

“Terrible Company!”

Lisa W.
11/16/20

My son sent me flowers for my birthday and paid extra to have them delivered on my birthday. That was three days ago. After multiple calls and emails they finally admitted they had the address wrong. No apology, no offer to fix it, no flowers. Do not buy from this company, they are a total sham. I'm contacting the better business bureau next. Ugh! This is a picture of where my flowers should be!

customer service (65) day delivery (17) service fee (14)
lisaw1240
November 16th, 2020
melindaa78
August 8th, 2020
I paid $95 for a beautiful deluxe basket of flowers and what was delivered looked like their $65 basket. I also bought a balloon that was not included. At the last minute at check out $25 in fees were added on. I feel like I was really ripped off! I wish I'd read reviews as theirs are all bad! Do yourself a favor and use a different florist! Ava's sucks!
donnan338
July 6th, 2020
Terrible, mislead. Paid $78 for wilted flowers that look nothing like the photo or outlined description. Couldn't get through to give complaint over the weekend because THEIR systems not operation to get in-touch with a human being. Zero customer service skills/qualifications, don't fall for this so-called "florist". I can get fresher-prettier-more quality flowers from the grocery store!
crystall217
January 5th, 2020
I live out of town and sent flowers to my grandfathers funeral. Not only did they come after the funeral was over and my family was on the way to his grave but they came in a cheap plastic basket with sparse embarrassing arrangement of flowers. Upon contacting Avas all they said they could do was offer me a 30% refund for being late and embarrassingly cheap looking for an almost $200 arrangement. Disgraceful.
darielo2
May 14th, 2020
Ordered Mothers Day flowers they did not show up till 4 days later. We contacted and tried to cancel when we realized they were not on time. They said it was too late to cancel even though they couldnt be delivered on time. The flowers that showed up were nothing like we ordered. Some look dead others not even bloomed out. We paid a service fee alone that was $30 all together $80 for flowers I could have got at walmart for less than $10. The purple pic is what we ordered. The red is what we got. 4 days after mothers day! I am Not OK with this
veronicah336
October 27th, 2020
I ordered a large full standing arrangement for a love one's funeral. What was delivered was a scanty standing arrangement. The arrangement looked like a mangy cat with bald patches. Complete embarrassment to say the least. Please see photos of what I ordered versus what was delivered. Also, Avas Flowers has an F rating in BBB and their location address in DE on the website doesn't seem to be accurate. Unbelievable!
andream514
April 10th, 2020
I am so embarrassed that I didn't realize that this is FTD-like set-up until after I'd placed the order.
Don't try to follow-up on a delivery time; there isn't one - only 'scheduled for delivery today.'
The name on the card will be misspelled.
Your email address will be mistyped.
The arrangement, naturally, is 50% of the picture.
The first photo is what I ordered; the second what showed up.
I could 'kick myself' for falling for this.
dons494
January 25th, 2020
Terrible company. Best friend passed away & Avas Flowers did worthless service.
Delivered over a day late Gave them a message to be sent with plant and it was never enclosed. People that received the plant had to call the sender (Avas) to find out who sent plant since no name was attached. Avas read the message back to me & it was never enclosed. They use Fed Ex for delivery, whicjh was 1 1/2 days late. Absolute worthless company. Total rip-off.
nancyn553
May 30th, 2020
I ordered "Dreaming of Tuscany" but got a dozen red roses without and greenery or other embellishments for $106. I asked them for an itemized bill of what I actually selected because the invoice they emailed only has a total. I understand some substitutions and could even understand some price-jacking during Mother's Day, but $106 is obnoxious for what was delivered. After some arm twisting, I got an itemized bill:
$68 for "Large" arrangement (even though I am pretty sure I selected "Regular")
$10 for delivery
$28 for service fee.
Hopefully, their reputation will catch up with them, & they'll go out of business.
kathym991
September 14th, 2020
• Updated review
After receiving only rude accusations and no resolution from their customer service department, I filed a complaint with BBB and Trust Pilot, posted negative reviews on multiple sites like this one, and even found an email address for the owner, writing him an email about his company's shady practices. That very day, I received a phone call from their corporate office. The employee Apologized profusely, immediately applied a full refund, then instructed me to order a free deluxe gourmet food basket from Ava's Baskets as compensation for the horrible service, and the unacceptable treatment from their customer service dept.
I do not know if these actions would have been taken on their own, or because I launched such an aggressive campaign. But they did go beyond expectations to resolve my issue.
Beware! It's a SCAM!
August 25th, 2020
• Previous review
BEWARE- it's a scam!
BEWARE- it's a scam! Ordered 3 get-well balloons and chocolates for a sick kid, to be delivered the next day. (Also Tricked during call into buying a get well card and ribbon, because all they said was "and what color do u want the ribbon to be? And what do you want written on the card?", as if they were free with order). Instead of delivering the next day, they did a bait-and-switch. They called and told me the chocolates wouldn't be available, and the rest couldn't be delivered until the next day, but for all the trouble I was going through, they'd "throw in an orchid plant". Well, they ended up CHARGING me for that plant, saying I had agreed to pay for it. Then, instead of 3 get-well balloons, they delivered ONE happy birthday balloon, without even a stick or ribbon tied to it to hold it by! And NO get-well card and ribbon, although they were charged for. When I called, they said I had VERBALLY agreed to all these changes during the prior call, (as if I would agree to a birthday balloon for a sick kid). They agreed to refund me $20, meaning I just paid $74 for a tiny bear, and the wrong sad balloon without a ribbon, and all a day late. I filed with BBB, and am disputing with CC. Everyone should, till these scam artists are run out of "business".
maryf960
May 20th, 2020
My brother and sister in law sent me flowers for my birthday. When they saw a picture of what I received, they were so embarrassed. I know they didn't cheep out but the arrangement could have been purchased for $5.00 at the supermarket. I appreciate the thought from my family but I and they will not use this service ever again.
tifania1
September 29th, 2020
I spent 94 dollars on an order described as "Yellow roses and white lilies are set against a backdrop of purple monte blooms." The flowers that were delivered were crap that I could easily have paid 10$ for at a grocery store! Unbelievable rip off!
mk325
March 5th, 2020
Stay so far away from this company! Sent flowers to Florida from BC Canada. Never received receipt, once received picture was not what I ordered. Called 7 times for resolve, constantly getting the run around saying that my emails have not been received. Overpriced as well for what I ordered. Was supposed to be 6 pink roses in a square cube vase... simple. Received 5 red roses in a vase. I should have checked the reviews first. I have never dealt with a company like this ever.
jamesj1277
February 17th, 2020
I ordered 3 dozen long stem roses, a card and balloons for my wife on Valentines Day. They actually attempted to delivery at 9pm when the site says it was delivered at 6pm plus they reduced my order to a skimpy dozen short stem with no card and no balloons. I rejected the order and immediately attempted to contacted customer service for a refund. No big surprise, customer service doesn't exist and its all automated where you get no where but dead ends. They'll take your money and you'll never hear from them again!.
dottied9
March 24th, 2020
I ordered flowers online for a friend in another state. I Paid 74 dollars for flowers and service charge. They arrived 3 days later even though they were suppose to be delivered the next day. When I was sent a picture from my friend, I was embarrassed. They looked to be worth $20. Much smaller, cheaper flowers and nothing like I ordered. I tried emailing and got no response. Stay away from this place. They are processed out of state and delivered via UPS. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!
lindad938
May 27th, 2020
I chose this vendor because they offered same day delivery. The flowers didn't arrive until three days later. I was told my original choice was not available but would be upgraded to roses and Peruvian lilies. Not a rose in the bunch! The stems were slimy and moldy. I contacted customer support and was told I would be credited for half the cost. The actual refund was 6.99, not half of my 58.69 cost.
pearls32
April 7th, 2020
This is a fraudulent company. They stole my $90 on Saturday did "same day delivery". It is 4 days later and still no product. Customer service says they'll get back to me via email within 8 business days.
marym2002
February 13th, 2020
I ordered a birthday arrangement over the phone which cost $80. The gentleman who took the order could barely speak English and seemed confused. The arrangement which was delivered didn't come close to looking like the "Sun, Moon, Stars" in the picture on line. Plus it was delivered with no card, so the recipient called Avas to see who sent it. It was supposed to be sent by a group of people, but she learned only the person whose credit card was used. Start to finish a real disappointment. Customer service offered a $6. Refund! Bah humbug! Won't use Avas again.
mariahf17
July 18th, 2020
The absolute worst company. I ordered my flowers and scheduled them to be set to my mother the day I ordered them and I called customer service as soon as I ordered it to make sure that it was coming the same day and they said it was. I called my mother at 3 to see if she got them and she didn't. I called customer service again and they told me I scheduled it for two days later. I screenshoted my original receipt and when I had looked on the website they changed it. When I had called to cancel they told me I can't. Never will I do business with them after this.
landonb34
September 1st, 2020
Flowers where delivered at 9:35PM, which ruined the special day since everyone was in bed. Contacted the company and had terrible customer service. Took forever to actually talk to a representative, and provided zero assistance. Refused to refund money, ruined my day…. Never again! (If the company actually cares … Order #7350564).
josepha782
October 29th, 2020
I wasted my money using their website. I ordered flowers for a family where a member had passed. Instead of them delivering the flowers to the correct address, they delivered them to me. I found them on my porch at 3:00AM. Four days later. When I contacted them Omar said it was all my fault.
Never do business with these people!
kimberlys481
January 4th, 2020
Worst experience with a florist I've ever had! Substitutions made without approval! Quality of aesthetic was horrific! Customer Service for complaint resolution a nightmare! DO NOT USE THIS FLORIST!
ar561
November 21st, 2020
Stupidly selected this company as they appeared to be local to the area I was ordering sympathy flowers for. Placed order and discovered on receiving the invoice in my email that they'd tacked a previously unmentioned $19.95 service charge on (was not a rush order or anything of the sort). Immediately tried to cancel, but going through the online cancellation process yielded no actual way to cancel and just told me my order was in process and someone would be in touch. Tried to call them to cancel for about 40 minutes, could not get through and then once connected could not speak to a person but just bounced around multiple recorded options. No idea if i'll get my money back or not. I don't think this is a real company and there are plenty of legitimate and good options for flower delivery online - I should have checked their address instead of being fooled. DO NOT USE!
kareng719
April 5th, 2020
I placed there order to be delivered on a birthday. They did not arrive as promised, so my niece did not have a gift from me. We live far apart and this was very disappointing
dianef452
November 5th, 2020
Ordered the Sunshine arrangement online... Shown with Sunflowers and orange lilies plus other fall like flowers/colors. My daughter received the arrangement in 2 hours which initially I was happy. But wondered how the arrangement was made and delivered in such a short time. It dawned on me the arrangement was already made and in the shop. List price $45.99. After all was said and done...? Service charge?, tax and delivery charge.( it was supposed to be free delivery) the total was $94.00 Very unhappy. Wanted them replaced They offered me $10.00 for my trouble... Never again and I suggest NO ONE use this company. Unfortunately unable to send photos

Phone tree hell. Very lengthy messages that you have to listen to in order to get the prompts.

By kimberly n.
See more answers (21)

Scam, i believe. False advertising for sure. Promise same day delivery, and that wasn't delivered on. Additional next day delivery times provided weren't met.

By kimberly n.