AvasFlowers.net

AvasFlowers.net has a consumer rating of 1.11 stars from 195 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. AvasFlowers.net also ranks 197th among Flower Delivery sites. The most common issues with AvasFlowers.net are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 0.8%

No positive highlights yet

• I rejected the order and immediately attempted to contacted customer service for a refund.
  • On November 4, 2018 I placed an order on avasflowers.com.
How would you rate AvasFlowers.net?

“Promptness”

Linda T.
1/20/20

Ava's delivered my order on time just as they said they would. The plant was absolutely beautiful! Will use them again!

“wilted-expensive / terrible customer service”

Donna N.
7/6/20

Terrible, mislead. Paid $78 for wilted flowers that look nothing like the photo or outlined description. Couldn't get through to give complaint over the weekend because THEIR systems not operation to get in-touch with a human being. Zero customer service skills/qualifications, don't fall for this so-called "florist". I can get fresher-prettier-more quality flowers from the grocery store!

customer service (54) order (153) day delivery (15) company (71) service fee (12) mothers day (7) store credit (6) 24 hours (6) not use this company (8) customer support (4) arrangement (49) funeral home (5)
donnan338
July 6th, 2020
crystall217
January 5th, 2020
I live out of town and sent flowers to my grandfathers funeral. Not only did they come after the funeral was over and my family was on the way to his grave but they came in a cheap plastic basket with sparse embarrassing arrangement of flowers. Upon contacting Avas all they said they could do was offer me a 30% refund for being late and embarrassingly cheap looking for an almost $200 arrangement. Disgraceful.
darielo2
May 14th, 2020
Ordered Mothers Day flowers they did not show up till 4 days later. We contacted and tried to cancel when we realized they were not on time. They said it was too late to cancel even though they couldnt be delivered on time. The flowers that showed up were nothing like we ordered. Some look dead others not even bloomed out. We paid a service fee alone that was $30 all together $80 for flowers I could have got at walmart for less than $10. The purple pic is what we ordered. The red is what we got. 4 days after mothers day! I am Not OK with this
andream514
April 10th, 2020
I am so embarrassed that I didn't realize that this is FTD-like set-up until after I'd placed the order.
Don't try to follow-up on a delivery time; there isn't one - only 'scheduled for delivery today.'
The name on the card will be misspelled.
Your email address will be mistyped.
The arrangement, naturally, is 50% of the picture.
The first photo is what I ordered; the second what showed up.
I could 'kick myself' for falling for this.
leeleem3
April 27th, 2020
I spent $95.00 on flowers, a balloon and card to be delivered Monday, April 27. The flowers arrived but no balloon or card (the card is standard...the balloon I paid extra for which never got delivered). I called the same day to complain, however phone lines so busy the automated phone system said I would receive a call back same day between 5-5:30pm...it's now 11pm and I'm still waiting for that call.... I'll never order from them again. Don't recommend.
dons494
January 25th, 2020
Terrible company. Best friend passed away & Avas Flowers did worthless service.
Delivered over a day late Gave them a message to be sent with plant and it was never enclosed. People that received the plant had to call the sender (Avas) to find out who sent plant since no name was attached. Avas read the message back to me & it was never enclosed. They use Fed Ex for delivery, whicjh was 1 1/2 days late. Absolute worthless company. Total rip-off.
nancyn553
May 30th, 2020
I ordered "Dreaming of Tuscany" but got a dozen red roses without and greenery or other embellishments for $106. I asked them for an itemized bill of what I actually selected because the invoice they emailed only has a total. I understand some substitutions and could even understand some price-jacking during Mother's Day, but $106 is obnoxious for what was delivered. After some arm twisting, I got an itemized bill:
$68 for "Large" arrangement (even though I am pretty sure I selected "Regular")
$10 for delivery
$28 for service fee.
Hopefully, their reputation will catch up with them, & they'll go out of business.
maryf960
May 20th, 2020
My brother and sister in law sent me flowers for my birthday. When they saw a picture of what I received, they were so embarrassed. I know they didn't cheep out but the arrangement could have been purchased for $5.00 at the supermarket. I appreciate the thought from my family but I and they will not use this service ever again.
mk325
March 5th, 2020
Stay so far away from this company!!!! Sent flowers to Florida from BC Canada. Never received receipt, once received picture was not what I ordered. Called 7 times for resolve, constantly getting the run around saying that my emails have not been received. Overpriced as well for what I ordered. Was supposed to be 6 pink roses in a square cube vase...simple. Received 5 red roses in a vase. I should have checked the reviews first. I have never dealt with a company like this ever.
jamesj1277
February 17th, 2020
I ordered 3 dozen long stem roses, a card and balloons for my wife on Valentines Day. They actually attempted to delivery at 9pm when the site says it was delivered at 6pm plus they reduced my order to a skimpy dozen short stem with no card and no balloons. I rejected the order and immediately attempted to contacted customer service for a refund. No big surprise, customer service doesn't exist and its all automated where you get no where but dead ends. They'll take your money and you'll never hear from them again!!!.
dottied9
March 24th, 2020
I ordered flowers online for a friend in another state. I Paid 74 dollars for flowers and service charge. They arrived 3 days later even though they were suppose to be delivered the next day. When I was sent a picture from my friend, I was embarrassed. They looked to be worth $20. Much smaller, cheaper flowers and nothing like I ordered. I tried emailing and got no response. Stay away from this place. They are processed out of state and delivered via UPS. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!
lindad938
May 27th, 2020
I chose this vendor because they offered same day delivery. The flowers didn't arrive until three days later. I was told my original choice was not available but would be upgraded to roses and Peruvian lilies. Not a rose in the bunch! The stems were slimy and moldy. I contacted customer support and was told I would be credited for half the cost. The actual refund was 6.99, not half of my 58.69 cost.
janb306
March 4th, 2020
Ordered a snack basket and a spray for a visitation/funeral. As it was several states away from me, I Googled for a local florist. Avas came up as a hometown florist. Only because it was alphabetical. Website looks genuine. They called me 24 hours AFTER it was supposed to be delivered and said they could not arrange it with their contacts. I am livid. Supposedly I will get a refund. Do not use them, think it is a total scam. They have had my money for 10 days! 10 more days to "process" refund!!!
pearls32
April 7th, 2020
This is a fraudulent company. They stole my $90 on Saturday did "same day delivery". It is 4 days later and still no product. Customer service says they'll get back to me via email within 8 business days.
marym2002
February 13th, 2020
I ordered a birthday arrangement over the phone which cost $80. The gentleman who took the order could barely speak English and seemed confused. The arrangement which was delivered didn't come close to looking like the "Sun, Moon, Stars" in the picture on line. Plus it was delivered with no card, so the recipient called Avas to see who sent it. It was supposed to be sent by a group of people, but she learned only the person whose credit card was used. Start to finish a real disappointment. Customer service offered a $6. refund! Bah humbug! Won't use Avas again.
kimberlys481
January 4th, 2020
Worst experience with a florist I've ever had! Substitutions made without approval! Quality of aesthetic was horrific! Customer Service for complaint resolution a nightmare! DO NOT USE THIS FLORIST!!!!!!
kareng719
April 5th, 2020
I placed there order to be delivered on a birthday. They did not arrive as promised, so my niece did not have a gift from me. We live far apart and this was very disappointing
krisa76
May 25th, 2020
I sent flowers to my cousin's girlfriend after he suddenly passed away last week. They didn't deliver the note that I wrote online, they arrived late and they were dead. Can you imagine a worse thing happening. You want to send flowers to comfort someone who just experienced a huge loss and they get dead flowers. Shame on them, shame on them!
anned208
May 14th, 2020
I never write bad reviews but this is one of the worst businesses I have ever tried to use. They charged my card $107 immediately for a Mother's Day arrangement for my Mother-in-law that was never delivered. Emails not answered and no phone number to call.
sanjivs3
April 24th, 2020
All said and done, after i put my credit card information, they hit me with a $19.95 service charge. Glad i saw it and not rushed to place the order.
thomasp763
May 5th, 2020
What a horrible experience I have had with this company! Today is my anniversary and I paid extra for my flowers to be delivered BEFORE 2pm TODAY! It says I will not receive them till tomorrow... now tell me what good that is going to do me! .. YOUR website did not say anything about them maybe being late at all until after this company took my money! I then received an email say pretty much opps! horrible advertising!.. this will be the first and last time I ever use this place again! I would really love to give y'all a public review as soon as I find out how!
lindat537
January 20th, 2020
gails497
June 24th, 2020
Ordered flowers for a cousin who had tragically lost a son. Wanted to send a nice arrangement so I ordered the Luxury arrangement. Was delivered a day late although I received an email stating that it was delivered, along with a specific time, on that day I requested. The flowers were poorly arranged and all I received for the extra $30 was 3 roses! Customer service said it met their requirements. I could have put together a better arrangement using Kroger flowers! Stay away from these people!!!
The pic on the left is what was delivered. The pic on the right is what I ordered. As pictured, it is $30 less than the luxury arrangement!
ronaldt158
December 27th, 2019
Do not use this service. I and two relatives used this florist to send funeral arrangements for a deceased family member out of state. None of us received any advance notice and had to call to find out that they did not deliver! This has the affect of making you look totally uncaring at a very sensitive time! I am still awaiting a refund for this B.S.! Again, use them at your own risk!
Ron Taylor
Springfield, Ohio
catherined209
February 11th, 2020
Last week I ordered an expensive funeral arrangement. It took more than 20 minutes for the girl to place my order,even though I had an order description and number. She looked up the information for the services and said they would be there Friday. I told her the services were Thursday and the funeral was Friday. " oh yes I see that,I will change it" had I not picked up on day they would have been sent after the funeral! The arrangement was beautiful,just as pictured ,I asked to have best friend on the ribbon, " no problem ,we can do that" I gave her the message I wanted on the card. She said everything was all set. When I arrived at the services I wanted to see the arrangement .there was nothing written on the ribbon and the card did not have a name of who it was from.had I not been there the family would have had no idea who sent them. I completed a follow up survey from Avas and expressed my concerns. No one ever contacted me.. This will be the last time I order from Avas Flowers.

Phone tree hell. Very lengthy messages that you have to listen to in order to get the prompts.

By kimberly n.