AvasFlowers.net

AvasFlowers.net has a consumer rating of 1.14 stars from 153 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. AvasFlowers.net also ranks 172nd among Flower Delivery sites. The most common issues with AvasFlowers.net are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Well it's day 2 and no flowers and no customer service to speak of.
  • On November 4, 2018 I placed an order on avasflowers.com.
How would you rate AvasFlowers.net?

“Promptness”

Linda T.
1/20/20

Ava's delivered my order on time just as they said they would. The plant was absolutely beautiful! Will use them again!

“Embarrassing arrangement sent late to my grandfathers funeral”

Crystal L.
1/5/20

I live out of town and sent flowers to my grandfathers funeral. Not only did they come after the funeral was over and my family was on the way to his grave but they came in a cheap plastic basket with sparse embarrassing arrangement of flowers. Upon contacting Avas all they said they could do was offer me a 30% refund for being late and embarrassingly cheap looking for an almost $200 arrangement. Disgraceful.

customer service (46) order (124) day delivery (11) day (73) company (63) credit card company (5) store credit (5) funeral home (5) service fee (9) customer support (3) time (49) day flowers (3)
crystall217
January 5th, 2020
dons494
January 25th, 2020
Terrible company. Best friend passed away & Avas Flowers did worthless service.
Delivered over a day late Gave them a message to be sent with plant and it was never enclosed. People that received the plant had to call the sender (Avas) to find out who sent plant since no name was attached. Avas read the message back to me & it was never enclosed. They use Fed Ex for delivery, whicjh was 1 1/2 days late. Absolute worthless company. Total rip-off.
mk325
March 5th, 2020
Stay so far away from this company!!!! Sent flowers to Florida from BC Canada. Never received receipt, once received picture was not what I ordered. Called 7 times for resolve, constantly getting the run around saying that my emails have not been received. Overpriced as well for what I ordered. Was supposed to be 6 pink roses in a square cube vase...simple. Received 5 red roses in a vase. I should have checked the reviews first. I have never dealt with a company like this ever.
catherined209
February 11th, 2020
Last week I ordered an expensive funeral arrangement. It took more than 20 minutes for the girl to place my order,even though I had an order description and number. She looked up the information for the services and said they would be there Friday. I told her the services were Thursday and the funeral was Friday. " oh yes I see that,I will change it" had I not picked up on day they would have been sent after the funeral! The arrangement was beautiful,just as pictured ,I asked to have best friend on the ribbon, " no problem ,we can do that" I gave her the message I wanted on the card. She said everything was all set. When I arrived at the services I wanted to see the arrangement .there was nothing written on the ribbon and the card did not have a name of who it was from.had I not been there the family would have had no idea who sent them. I completed a follow up survey from Avas and expressed my concerns. No one ever contacted me.. This will be the last time I order from Avas Flowers.
jamesj1277
February 17th, 2020
I ordered 3 dozen long stem roses, a card and balloons for my wife on Valentines Day. They actually attempted to delivery at 9pm when the site says it was delivered at 6pm plus they reduced my order to a skimpy dozen short stem with no card and no balloons. I rejected the order and immediately attempted to contacted customer service for a refund. No big surprise, customer service doesn't exist and its all automated where you get no where but dead ends. They'll take your money and you'll never hear from them again!!!.
dottied9
March 24th, 2020
I ordered flowers online for a friend in another state. I Paid 74 dollars for flowers and service charge. They arrived 3 days later even though they were suppose to be delivered the next day. When I was sent a picture from my friend, I was embarrassed. They looked to be worth $20. Much smaller, cheaper flowers and nothing like I ordered. I tried emailing and got no response. Stay away from this place. They are processed out of state and delivered via UPS. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!
marym2002
February 13th, 2020
I ordered a birthday arrangement over the phone which cost $80. The gentleman who took the order could barely speak English and seemed confused. The arrangement which was delivered didn't come close to looking like the "Sun, Moon, Stars" in the picture on line. Plus it was delivered with no card, so the recipient called Avas to see who sent it. It was supposed to be sent by a group of people, but she learned only the person whose credit card was used. Start to finish a real disappointment. Customer service offered a $6. refund! Bah humbug! Won't use Avas again.
kimberlys481
January 4th, 2020
Worst experience with a florist I've ever had! Substitutions made without approval! Quality of aesthetic was horrific! Customer Service for complaint resolution a nightmare! DO NOT USE THIS FLORIST!!!!!!
janb306
March 4th, 2020
Ordered a snack basket and a spray for a visitation/funeral. As it was several states away from me, I Googled for a local florist. Avas came up as a hometown florist. Only because it was alphabetical. Website looks genuine. They called me 24 hours AFTER it was supposed to be delivered and said they could not arrange it with their contacts. I am livid. Supposedly I will get a refund. Do not use them, think it is a total scam. They have had my money for 10 days! 10 more days to "process" refund!!!
ronaldt158
December 27th, 2019
Do not use this service. I and two relatives used this florist to send funeral arrangements for a deceased family member out of state. None of us received any advance notice and had to call to find out that they did not deliver! This has the affect of making you look totally uncaring at a very sensitive time! I am still awaiting a refund for this B.S.! Again, use them at your own risk!
Ron Taylor
Springfield, Ohio
terah11
February 17th, 2020
The flowers were sent to me for Valentine's day. They cost 100.00 after the hidden fees and were dead when I received them... STAY AWAY!!
joanne27
January 4th, 2020
We ordered a standing lavender basket for a mans funeral and they delivered a table arrangement of pink flowers. When questioned the email response was the substitution policy. Very embarrassed that we sent pink flowers to this mans funeral. Will not be using Ava's again.
hollyg123
February 12th, 2020
Don't use them. They will never fix the problem but will keep coming out and take your money. We got two new A/C units and either one or the other has broken down every year. I think they are using refurbished parts and selling them as new or the contractors they hire do not know what they are doing.
carlk107
January 21st, 2020
This company pretends to be local they are not very brokerage firm that farms out Your business but will not tell you who's handling it ordered my flowers 10 days in advance for 27th year anniversary while I was working out of state ordered 2 dozen red roses a card and balloon for $150 called 3 times on day of delivery to ensure that they were going to be there as of 8 o'clock on the night of my anniversary nothing arrived no resolution everyone on the phone said don't worry theyll be there they're not they're crushed that I was unable to provide my wife anything on our anniversary terrible terrible business practices just so disappointed
jamesh2173
February 15th, 2020
Extremely dissatisfied with this company. I placed an order for 4 diff sets for flowers for my adult daughters (out of town) late for Valentine's Day I certainly understood it my order was late in the game (on 2/13) but this site was the one the "guaranteed" they would get deliveries made on Valentine's Day. Indeed, the ONLY reason I ordered from them and paid their premium price (compared to others) was the ability to get them timely delivered. Not one of the them was delivered on time. In fact, one of them that their own site still says was to be delivered yesterday still has not been delivered. I don't really care about the store credit they offered on only 1 order (They won't be frying my business again) and the fact that 3 of the 4 were delivered late (today), I'm upset that they even suggested they could timely deliver when that obviously was totally false. The other sites I considered today me they couldn't promise delivery and that's the whole reason I bought these items. The reason the day was a big deal to me is that I wanted to provide my adult daughters with valentines flowers because their older sister had died in the last year and when they were all kids, I used to do valentines flowers every year for all of them. Shame on this company. They misrepresent and don't live up to their word.
Learn from my mistake in ordering from this company. Don't do it.
barbb97
January 23rd, 2020
I ordered flowers to be delivered on a certain day and they were delivered to the wrong address or not at all. When I called they said they had a signature from the person, however, they were never received by the right person. When contacted Avas Flowers they sent them out to the correct address the next day. I complained that they were a day late they didn't act like they cared. I believe I wasn't even talking to the florist themselves but a service for customer service. I guess they don't want the complaints.
gregm522
February 29th, 2020
I ordered flowers for the calling hours of a close colleague, "guaranteed" by 2 PM Friday the 28th. A call to me 2/29, informing me they wouldn't get there till 3/2, the day after the funeral. Unacceptable.
deborahk255
December 15th, 2019
Ordered same day delivery flowers.. recd confirming email that delivery was same day or next day " not guaranteed"...day later got email wouldn't be for another day. Went on website to cancel, was told call Customer Service to cancel,bottom line was told they'll refund less $17 service fee..went into lengthy explanation of how it's on their website etc...but the fee isnt not does it reference that when your paying... never will
toddr163
February 15th, 2020
Called to order Valentine's Day flowers on the morning of the 13th. Girl taking my order said the flowers would absolutely be delivered on Valentine's Day. Got an email that said the flowers would be delivered on the 18th. If you try to cancel your order you only get dead ends. A complete scam.
angelam664
February 15th, 2020
My husband ordered flowers from this dishonest company and paid in full for same day delivery. We still have not received a delivery from them. Do not use them.
lindat537
January 20th, 2020
christinam549
February 15th, 2020
Flowers ordered on 2/05/2020 for Valentine's Day were never delivered. When I tried to call customer support I was hung up repeatedly. When I tried to talk to sales person to help was hung up on. Now they won't even answer my call. Had to call bank to reverse charges
laurene95
November 19th, 2019
I called Avas Flowers to send a bouquet to my aunt for her birthday. The CSR I spoke to was half asleep. I had to spell my Aunt's name 7 times, and give him her phone # twice. I requested a yellow ribbon to match the flowers. He got everything wrong and the flowers were delivered with a blue ribbon instead of a yellow one. The flowers were delivered on time, and they were beautiful. My aunt loved them. I'll be using Avas Flowers again. I'll just make sure to talk to someone else.
ms935
February 14th, 2020
Ordered flowers for a friend for the loss of a loved one, then found out they couldn't deliver them until four days later which is too late.

Tried to cancel online and although they say there is a way to do it online an error message occurred that said I would have to call. I called and After going through a long menu of options which all seemed to be working their way toward letting me cancel the order, I heard a message that said they couldn't cancel my order then, "goodbye" and click.

They have four days to cancel my order, if they will take any communication from me, Which so far, they won't. They wouldn't even take a message. $135.00 rip off.
dianef208
December 14th, 2019
I notified Avas that the arrangement was not what I ordered. Not even close. Not the same flowers, vase, anything. After multiple attempts to explain my issue with several "customer service" people, no one seemed to know what to do. All spoke broken English and could not grasp my issue. DO NOT order from this company. I spent $72.00 and they did not want to make it right.

Phone tree hell. Very lengthy messages that you have to listen to in order to get the prompts.

By kimberly n.