ApplianceRepairMan.ca reviews

Tel: 416-444-5029
info@appliancerepairman.ca

jolanl
5/11/18

They will charge you $290 with tax $327.70 just to look at your apppliance and tell you that will costs you hundreds of dollars to fix it.
If you choose to not fix your appliance with them you will charge you another $90 service charge. Please dont let them come to your door if you dont want to be ripped off.

marka379
3/1/18

Dishonest company with poor customer service. A so call repairman in street clothes driving an unmarked sedan had to use my tools with my help to open my microwave. I emailed them full description of microwave with operating symptoms but no parts were brought by tech. Said they don't have the part although i easily found the part online. Didn't fix it but charged me labour cost of $190 (incl'd $80 @ home service). Only paid $93.
Got it repaired elsewhere in 2 days for $89. Still Works perfect. Now App Repairman trying to get the remainder cost. Taking this one to court if I have to. Stay away from these guys. Report them to BBB. Call your local news to help expose them.

mortezal
11/29/17

that was the worst customer service that I've ever had. Technician came and just spent 30min to diagnose the issue and the $80 labour end-up to $361!! at the end he said I have to change a part - extra $600. I called customer service and asked them why he couldn't give me an expense estimate before starting his job and she kinda said this is what it is, do you want to order part or not!!! So rude!!
GUYS please don't waste your time and money!

mohsinm3
10/3/17

100% fraud dont waste your time and money with them . Know nothing except to conduct day light robbery will charge you in advance and would never attend to your problem.

franks194
9/18/17

they charge $90 dollars to come to your house, $280 plus parts to find the problem, buy a new dishwasher!! Stay away!!

kll6
Mr K.
9/5/17

Extremely dissatisfied experience!! Don't waste your time with them like I did.

The details: The mechanic's inadequate tools damaged the OEM part that came with the dishwasher as well as the one from my HomeDepot dishwasher kit. The tech did not have an adjustable wrench or 5/8 open-end wrench as suggested in the installation manual. But instead, he used his pliers, damaging the two parts above. When I came to check right as he was finishing up the installation and ready to pack his tools, I asked him if the installation was completed. He said YES and that the leak was stopped. I checked underneath the dishwasher while it was running and I see a bunch of paper towels. When I removed the paper towels, I saw that the dishwasher was still leaking. The tech was dishonest - to my face! The fact that the tech hid the problem upset me because the problem will lead to major water damage to the unit and the unit below. Who would be responsible in this case? Furthermore, I saw electrical tape wrapped around the copper pipe which he half-assed.

Furthermore, the installation manual suggested adjusting the front legs to 28.8 mm and rear legs to 31.3 mm for an 87.6 cm cabinet opening. The tech did not adjust the legs at all until I told him that I didn't like the gap. Afterwards, he adjusted the front legs and didn't bother doing the rear ones. Guess what, all in all, this shoddy job took FOUR hours, and was still a complete failure. He wasted everyone's time. Then he had the guts to charge me $700, which was more than the price tag of the dishwasher itself. Just below $300 was another part he broke that can be purchased from Home Depot for less than $20. When I complained about his service to Appliance Repairman's customer service, they refused to reimburse me for my broken parts and threatened to put the account to a collection's agency. If you use their service, the only thing you will buy is a headache.

janm94
5/18/17

I needed to have my built-in microwave fixed and appliancerepairman.ca seemed like a reputable company.

Wrong. It turned out to be an expensive nightmare.

I was quoted $80 for the initial inspection. The tech guy even had the invoice filled out right to the bottom line.

Things changed when he realized that owner of the house (me) was out of town and a woman, and that my tenant, a lovely man, was Muslim, things changed. I guess a mix of misogyny and racism tempted him to see if he could squeeze me for more.

On the phone he was condescending, explaining how a microwave worked as if talking to a toddler, then told me that he could service it and most likely repair it for about $280. I said that was fine.

Apparently, he crossed out the old figures on the invoice, scribbled in the new numbers and had my tenant sign it.

My tenant, thinking that the cost was too high, questioned the tech guy about it. He responded, Not to worry, if the microwave needs new parts, they wont charge for the installation, just the parts.

He spent ten minutes looking at the microwave then informed my tenant that he couldnt fix it, that it needed two parts.

That ten-minute cursory glance cost me $316 after taxes.

He said they would be in touch and left.

I week later, I got a new quote for the installation and the parts - $570. So, they were going to charge me $850 to fix a microwave that cost me about $600 to purchase.

I spoke to two customer service reps and they refused to reason with me.

So, I fired them.

Stay away from them and contact me if interested in supporting legal action against them. @sylviaduckworth (Twitter and Instagram)

By Sylvia M.

By Sylvia M.
Questions? Get answers from the ApplianceRepairMan.ca staff and other customers.

2 Photos for ApplianceRepairMan.ca