American Apparel reviews

contactus@americanapparel.net

4 reviews with 2 stars

courtneyp40
10/6/17

I was given the wrong tracking number initially, but when I received the correct one I was mortified. It took 10 DAYS for my package to make its way down to the Southeast. AA was my favorite, but Im not so sure anymore. That is ridiculous.

maryl283
11/6/16

My son saved and bought a pair of blue jeans as he approved of company ethos. He has long legs of 34 inches. We followed laundry instructions carefully. Despite that the leg length shrunk to 31 inches and he could not longer wear them. Very disappointed and a big waste of money.

lindal77
8/10/14

personally, i think there is nothing wrong with their clothing. however, the pics they use are just horrifying. the models are half naked and in very weird poses. something is wrong with their branding, i suppose. i bought from them before, but i really would not like to browse their website now.

janetc15
2/10/14

Edited Dec 2015:

Clothing quality hit or miss. Do yourself a favor and save yourself the headache. I was such a loyal customer and have spent thousands of dollars on them the last two years. I order from their website and shop at their store. For most pants, try them on in store because all the sizes are inconsistent and vary so much that a size 25 and 29 could be the same thing. Check for stains and holes because they sometimes send me damaged products, products with no tags, or products with censor tag pointy backings! It stabbed into my hand when I didn't know it was in the pocket.

Their return and exchange policy is ridiculous. An exchange of the same item in different size, they would charge you the difference of the promo code you used. For returns, in store means store credit only. Only online purchases mailed back will get your money back. Sale items cannot be returned which is reasonable but no exchanges either?!

On top of that, they discontinued so many staple products I loved like the Riding Pant. Also, I have purchased three separate things the last three months that claim it will ship from retail store, but it was backordered and I waited for over a month. I cannot wait for one as Christmas is coming soon and the item still wasn't shipped out. Backorder is NOT the same as "ship from retail store", quit wasting your customers' time! I cancelled all three orders when weeks passed with no shipment date.

Customer service through e-mail never replies. Their phone customer service is ok; I wouldn't rely on them for everything, just a warning. I used to love American Apparel and I always forgave their mistakes, but all these backorders for items clearly posted for sale on their website is really annoying.

Questions? Get answers from the American Apparel staff and other customers.

American Apparel?