Review of AllPosters

Tel: 3443203435
requests@allposters.com

rm421
4/7/19

Great print on demand service for straightforward posters.

Hesitant at first - because of all of the negative reviews I saw around online.

Low cost of entry - I caught AllPosters.com at a half-off sale event, so I figured for $6.50 per 24x36 poster, why not?

Posters - I think my posters look great! I purchased very graphics-heavy prints with large swatches of solid colors. There's no variance in the print quality at all--very smooth colors and very vibrant. The included receipt said it was a photo print so maybe that has something to do with the variable quality people have expressed? I've attached a photo of my posters compared to the images on the site on my laptop. Please note that computer screens and poster prints emit/refract light in completely different ways, so it's impossible to precisely print what's on a given, random screen.

Paper Quality - I found it to be a sturdy semigloss or satin finish. I would definitely believe it to be a 175gsm cover stock as suggested. The site says "medium weight cover stock," but what's the lbs or gsm? Unfortunately I don't know the exact weight specs. It definitely doesn't feel light. I've had prints from other online shops that are much heavier paper, but those tend to hold their curl more. The places I've ordered posters with lighter paper, I'm afraid of them ripping or tearing. I'll state again that I'm really happy with this cover weight for a poster.

Frames - I know nothing about AllPosters's framing service. But the images I've seen posted of crappy framing jobs suggests one should stay away. Go to a local framing gallery for similar prices if you want something high-end. Otherwise you can get a much cheaper plastic poster frame at a local hobby or crafts shop.

Customer Service/Returns - I was very happy with my purchase, so I don't know anything about their Customer Service or Returns process. However, each product page could probably include better, detailed specifications such as paper weight, paper finish, and printing reproduction (e.g. "photo print").

Shipping - This was an average shipping experience and it was what I expected. However, I made my purchase during the off-season (not during the holidays) and I didn't need it in a rush or anything. Additionally, I'd prefer retailers to roll posters image-out so that the curl doesn't affect hanging or framing; but this isn't unique to AllPosters. I think I've had only one place roll a print image-out and wrap it in protective paper. Oh well!

As the name suggests, they specialize in posters. Why try to get anything else from them?

Tip for consumers: This is a print-on-demand poster service. If you want to put down a large chunk of change for a piece of artwork, try something local and make sure you see it in-person before your purchase.

markl707
3/15/19

The images you see on the site are the original digital files used for print, NOT the actual finished print (which is far darker and duller than shown on the site). They show you nice brightly colored, great previews of what you THINK your print will look like when you shell out the extra money for framing, only to receive an incredibly disappointing dull representation of what you paid for. It nearly borders on false advertising. Yes, the design and size were as advertised, but the color is falsely represented.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. If you aren't concerned with color accuracy, the designs and frames are advertised.

ryanc425
3/9/19

I was very disappointed when I received my order, it was of very poor quality. And services are also late and poor. They do offer a fantastic selection of posters but all limited to photographs. Stay away from them!

nicka122
1/14/19

Placed an order Nov 18 for a Christmas present. Now, two months later, still no ship date after having missed two promised ship dates. Their site says the print has shipped, and they now admit they don't know when it will ship. And inquiries between their customer service office and their own warehouse takes 24-48 hours - they can't even communicate real time internally. Can't imagine how this business stays in business.

brownp5
12/28/18

Those company is so shady. If you order anything, you need to pay for shipment. And you get a day that it's supposed to be there by. But allposters delays your shipment.
I was supposed to get my shipment on the 29th of December, then how am I recieving it in January? The second of January, and that's even if it comes by then. It makes no sense that they started shipping things on the 26th of December, but I ordered it on the 22nd of December.
The only thing they got right was the lady I spoke to at customer service.
The only decent thing.
Never purchasing from here again

amir14
12/26/18

I ordered a kitten poster and it was very poor quality. It was so faded you could barely make out what it says. I looks like it the printer was running out of ink. I wish I would have checked reviews first.

timc310
12/12/18

Don't be fooled by their ".ca" or their "50% off until ...". This is there regular price and they are really art.com and they ship from Ohio. The quality of their pieces can certainly be obtained locally for WAY Cheaper. They charge almost double the price of the product for shipping fees, which will be sent separately for them to charge/make more money on each item. And because they ship from Ohio they charge extra duties and taxes before you can receive your delivery. I paid $200 for a framed work that had white fluff on the inside of the glass and looked like a grade 8 art class put it together. Stay Away

als164
11/20/18

STAY AWAY. I BOUGHT AND NOW EVERY DAY I GET 3 OR 4 SPAM EMAILS pix were ok though but not worth the endless spam

mikaylam12
10/2/18

ordered around a week and a half ago and got both already. came super quick and in great condition. 10/10 for sure

tomk325
9/22/18

Paid for a poster for my kid's birthday, never arrived.

Got an email saying it shipped via "bulk courier" whatever that is. How do I know they shipped anything.

Don't use this service.

dc240
9/21/18

BE WARNED: if you absolutely have to use the services of this company, register with an email you can burn later. I used an email that ONLY dealt with AllPosters and then I started getting spam from other companies so I was able to blackhole the compromised email address.

daved192
9/2/18

Basically what every person already said in these reviews. AVOID this site. I've never ordered from these guys yet they appear at the top of your google searches as the best business to buy posters. Payed for goods, they never got delivered. Currently waiting on 2nd attempt, but cut off date already gone. Probably will never be delivered. So yeah they steal your money on the spot. These guys should be reported to the feds

ac218
8/31/18

AllBad:
quality
shipping
customer service

It had been so long, I couldn't even locate the email from allposters.com updating me on the status of my order. That's because I still hadn't received one because my order was still processing! If these weren't posters, I would have thought they were painting me originals!

mariab311
8/26/18

Paid for 2 day shipping, still said it would get here in 7 days ,email customer service they said they would ship overnight no charge, still getting here in 7 days,and late!!!

trishb40
8/2/18

Terrible experience. Terrible posters. Overpriced, took forever with shipping even though it was "two days". Stick to Amazon. I wanted to give it no stars, but that's not an option.

jonathanm221
7/4/18

They have a fantastic selection of posters and prints. The best deal is probably for someone like me who like to do their own framing and mounting. The mailing is a bit expensive to the US and a bit slow--but then everyone has gotten used to Amazon Prime with next day delivery.

I really like the search functions on the site that allow you to search by dimensions, for example 24"x 1*", or by subject, or by artist, and was able to use this to discover a vast range of images by Homer Winslow that I never knew, peruse pre-World War II Art Nouveau travel posters for the French Riviera, and look at a myriad of advertising posters for art exhibitions. Good stuff.

allanr51
6/26/18

Terrible experience, sent me the wrong t-shirts and the items shows on line are different. This company will deceive you and will screw you. Warning - Stay away!

edwards267
6/25/18

I ordered a large, beautiful framed print to celebrate a graduation. It arrived on my doorstep as though Fedex launched it there from the truck (or the back of the plane). Needless to day, the frame was snapped and split. I was terribly disappointed, picturing a hassle, repackaging, more shipping fees, and a longer wait, not to mention rolling the dice again with Fedex. Instead, Allposters was empathetic and bent on making it better from the start. They are issuing a replacement. To me, that is service where the customer comes first, and it is much too rare. Fedex aside, I will definitely buy from Allposters again and be proud to do so.

alecs47
6/9/18

This website has great prices and a ton of selection. I ordered 2 items, one Thin Lizzy and one Led Zeppelin poster. I received them within 5 days as expected, but wasn't overly satisfied when I opened the package. The Thin Lizzy poster was great, had good color and was printed on quality poster paper. But when I unrolled the Led Zeppelin poster, I was extremely disappointed. It was printed on a cheap, thin piece of paper and the picture was blown up so much that I could almost count the pixels. I checked and it is only offered in one size (24x35 in.). As a company that specializes in posters, they should be able to look at the poor quality of this poster and realize that it should be printed with much smaller dimensions which would eliminate the pixel problem. I will likely not order from here again.

bernadettew11
6/9/18

Their website clearly says VAT is included in prices - " Prices listed on the website are inclusive of Duties and/or VAT."
Despite this they charged VAT @20% not only on my order but also on the postage. When I queried it their response was completely unsatisfactory

jenniferf223
5/31/18

It took 2 months to arrive. I can't recommend this website to however is reading this.
Packaging not great.

firdousd
5/28/18

I ordered something back in March, the estimated arrival time was between 5 and 11 April. I waited and waited and nothing came. I emailed them to ask where my order was and when it will be arriving, they replied saying that I needed to allow for 20 days of delivery which I did. There was more back and forth emailing and still nothing was solved. There was just excuse after excuse. My order got lost, not once but twice.

Tip for consumers: If you order internationally, expect your order to get lost multiple times and for it to probably show up in a few months if you're lucky.
I wouldn't recommend this website to anyone if you don't live in the states.

ruthw55
4/13/18

Allposters.com is almost like an online museum. I ordered an art print from this company which arrived very quickly and in good condition. Massive selection.

rebeccad90
4/13/18

We ordered these 2.5 weeks before we needed them and select 2 day shipping. After a week, they weren't here. I did a chat with the company where I was told today shipping is only from the time it ships. I was guaranteed it would ship on April 10 and be here April 12. On April 13, they still weren't there. I chatted with them again. This time I was told that expedited shipping is 2-4 days and I would get them April 14. TOO LATE! Our prom is on April 14. Can't happen now! I have saved transcripts that show I was promised the 12th. A company shouldn't promise what they can't deliver. Plus, we are in the age of Prime; 2 day needs to mean 2 days. If not, change the wording.

coral100
4/10/18

tried ordering and i thought all was well because they charged my card but then there was a "problem" on their end and my order was cancelled. they ask you to submit pointless details over again. so i'm now trying to cancel the order but anyhow, total scam with how they took my money yet cancelled my order themselves. don't waste your time!!!

They look good but are mounted on a very flimsy frames.

By Denis C.

your better off trying to get it off eBay.

By Alex O.

Questions? Get answers from the AllPosters staff and other customers.

10 Photos for AllPosters