Review of AllergyTest.co

Tel: 00 +44 1332 850 930
info@testyourintolerance.com

mirandap34
7/31/19

Honestly I saw A bunch of reviews that some people waited 3/4 weeks and some even months before getting their results back or some saying they couldn't get their results because their hair sample didn't work and i was slightly worried about this BUT that did NOT happen to us. I was Actually super impressed with how fast we got the results. I sent the hair in on a Tuesday and by the next Tuesday I had an email that it was received and by Wednesday morning it was in my junk folder which is did states in their email to check there . I did Pay the extra 10$ for the fast track option and for the family of 4 test it was well worth it. I was Very impressed and any questions I had someone on the live chat was able to help me ! Highly recommend this company ! I also Had a blood test done else where and many of the things my blood test showed, showed in the hair test.

nicoler302
7/3/19

Do not order from this company - they took over a month to notify me of "receiving" my specimen and I have yet to receive my results..yet they sent me dozens of emails saying "congrats on receiving your results this is day 3, 4, 5, etc. of elimation" I emailed them a half a dozen times and called at all business hours +left detailed messages and STILL have yet to hear back from a single person, yet when you call they say their hours are "24/7"

After doing some research, and I encourage you all to do the same, try looking up SCHOLARLY articles regarding testing allergies and intolerances via hair sample.. there is NO CLINICAL EVIDENCE OF ACCURACY. It's all placebo effect people. Our immune system and gut microbiome are far too complex to be able to test any clinically significant factor on a piece of hair. Such a scam.

*also my friend who took the test bought this test and got her results and then was gifted another blood test shortly after and was given VASTLY different results on each.

Don't waste your money people.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY - do your research, this site is a SCAM

mc584
6/26/19

I was hesitant to use this co. Mixed reviews. Perhaps they had initial issues or were deluged with Groupon special offers, but I had no issues. Slight delay from the time I sent in until they actually confirmed receipt of my sample, but then results were processed and the report sent in promptly. I have been having severe stomach issues when eating out and all medical allergy, CT, Gastro tests had come back negative. Their tests showed food INTOLERANCE issues and I've been eliminating those specified to FINALLY better results. I am quite satisfied with the service I received, the informative report and considering some other tests with them. I did email them and received a reply within a couple hours. So I have no complaints, very satisfied.

Tip for consumers: If sending in samples for multiple people - put each one in a separate envelope.

kevins645
6/25/19

Why do all you customer service team have British accents? They're very friendly but it's hilarious hearing them talk.

vincenth72
6/23/19

This was on point with blood tests I had done... ordered more for my children. They were timely and report was easy to read and interpret.

christinav69
6/23/19

I was recommended to your company by a friend who has used your services and benefited a lot and thire customer service is very great. So, i like it.

ivanat4
6/23/19

Good test and easy to understand. I like this site and i am very interested. And also very interesting palace. I love the place. So i highly recommend.

sohagm
6/22/19

I enjoyed my experience with Allergy Test and I am looking forward to getting my results soon...............

dwedm
6/22/19

I bought the hair kit a lot this year. I have seen a great improvement in their service and their products. Highly recommended.

lauriel95
6/20/19

I just went thru the rigorous process of getting a refund thru PayPal! Ugh! Sent in my hair samples for 3 of my family members and NEVER RECEIVED MY RESULTS! Such a scam, this company is terrible, don't waster your money and time!!! Worst customer service ever! I wrote them at least a dozen emails and they didn't even respond.

Tip for consumers: Just don’t. Don’t use this site. Such a scam

rafaels80
6/8/19

I showed an Intolerance to things I've never eaten. I thought it just would test for things I've eaten, that should be explained

bradleyd47
6/7/19

Bought package that included three services. Got 1 out of 3 in return. Their "100% satisfaction guarantee", not even try to fix errors. Not, do they want to refund as "no quibble", or something.

There test don't show of my ladies extreme sensitivity to grass. I not to believe any of what state sensitive to. I can eat cheese and get to bed, as cheese desired night snack and I find no issue to well sleep. Allergytest.co says to be sensitive to dairy, 95%, the sensitivity must be such small I not sense it.

Place is a quack!

Paid for other services in package, hadn't gotten those either.

Horrible business.

Go see local business for something of this matter. Share a joke and laugh. Not days of absence and lies.

paigeb53
6/3/19

Listed all the foods that I am sensitive to. I have done food testing for 10 years and they all showed up.

tammyc180
5/30/19

After completing allergy testing with another company we decided to have my husband's done here through a groupon. We struggled to get the initial link to even send in the sample - it took multiple calls and emails. We then sent in the hair and it took a month before the report showed up. Not only was the process cumbersome but we don't find any credibility in the report. Very disappointing since our experience with another company was very different. We have food intolerances that are known and validated. I believe in the science and technology but this company was a waste of time and money.

jamiea107
5/28/19

completely innacurate. My guess is that they randomly selected a bunch of foods and items and hope for the best.

nikkic122
5/22/19

I ordered 3 allergy tests and paid for them. I sent in 3 separate samples, and waited more than 30 days...then once I started emailing them, they would respond with 1 sentence, in a general response fashion. They completely lost 1 of our family's 3 tests, and refused to refund my money. And another one of the 3 tests was missing 3 categories of the GOLD package results. Not worth a single penny. Horrible experience.

eveg23
5/21/19

I only bought this to see how it would compare to the 800 extensive blood test I had for this by a Naturopathic Doc...it failed miserably!! Not only was it completely inaccurate, it wasn't even close!! This test basically took a few things I have eaten recently and put them in the results. Added some other things that a lot of people are sensitive to and listed them. NOT AT ALL VALID!!! NOT IN THE LEAST!! I also know two others who did it and felt the same way but not with proof. My hope was that it would be slightly similar so I could let others know, but it was not. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY NOR CHANGE YOUR DIET BASED ON THIS TEST!

jessicad272
5/8/19

I found out very useful information by taking this test. I had a seizure at the age of 2 which was thought to have been caused by mold in the house. My test results came back stating I'm intolerant to a specific fungus/mold. Wow! I've stopped eating and drinking the products I'm intolerant to and my stomach aches have gone away. My family members have also had success with this test as well.

danaj196
5/7/19

I ordered pet allergy test, downloaded the form and mailed off with hair sample. It says if they dont contact within 15 days to contact them. It's been well over that and I have called 8 times different days different hours and it's the same thing...a recorded "you are number 1 in the que", 3 rings, 5 seconds of hold music and it hangs up. I have also emailed multiple times and utilized the chat option but no response.

jerryc259
5/1/19

Good day folks, looking for a test that allows a scientific and exact approach?
The results were expidited maybe 10 days. The problem is I paid for gold group-on and the results were great except on the results it dictates only reviewing greater that the 85 percentile(severe) Their reason is the empirical theory is that the body usually only has symptoms exhibited at about that number or greater.
I have severe responses to intolerances. It would be nice to have all the testing factors from 0-100% reaction. I've emailed them twice and left a few messages and no response. It would be nice to remove moderate and some mild factors to allow my body to recover. Hope this helps.

marilynh198
4/28/19

Apparently, the bad reviews were from people who can't read. The results I received backed up my true-life experiences and filled in a couple of gaps. I've had extreme digestive issues for well over 20 years. The usual skin prick allergy tests were dead ends and extremely frustrating, as I was still having intolerable symptoms. Only intolerance testing has been successful in pointing out my problem foods. I'm very happy with the results of this test. It was thorough. And, as the related tests have pointed out, I'm also too high in mercury and some other metals. I would never have known that and been able to take care of it without this test leading me into the knowledge. If you know the difference between allergy and intolerance, TAKE THE TEST.

susanz73
4/7/19

It picked up all my intolerances that I have had done with a much more expensive test. It even picked up on two medications I am allergic to as well a mineral deficiency that makes sense now that I know. Worth the money and I am going to have my son done.....he also has had expensive tests done and will compare the results with him. Glad I did it!

raer19
3/18/19

They ask you for known allergies in questions while registering. I added some left others out. I am highly allergic to cats to the point of throat closing up but according to this test....no indication. My volunteered info showed up on list. Save money!!! Hoax

ambera98
3/14/19

We did this test for my daughter that tested negative to all allergies and GI issues. She has a whole list of intolerances and since eliminating the foods on her list her excruciating stomach pains of gone away. This test saved her life!

It also showed she was deficient in Selenium and iodine, which prompted me to have her Thyroid checked. She is only 13, so Dr's hadn't even considered that, but her TSH level was 6.86! (Optimal range is .5-2) She is now on thyroid meds that have brought it back to normal.

ravenn6
3/14/19

I think a lot of negative reviews regarding results seems to be from the expectation that the testing is for allergies, and I agree that maybe the company might not want to go by The Allergy Co. if the test is for intolerances. However, all over the site and on the testing info itself, it is very clear that the test is NOT for allergies (igE testing, like you would have at the allergist,and this testing IS very useful, but is VERY expensive if you pay out of pocket, and it will NOT detect intolerances), but is meant to detect intolerances. Also, just because a person has an intolerance, it does not mean that they will have a noticeable physical reaction, but inflammation could still be occurring in the body. I went for the testing because I have granuloma annulare, a so-far mysterious skin issue "of unknown etiology." I imagine that inflammation somehow triggers it, and I have noticed that wheat has also been aggravating me more, though I have been reluctant to give it up completely. I previously have had true igE allergy testing and intolerance testing through LEAP MRT, but that was many years ago, and doctors have been looking into autoimmune disorders for some of my strange symptoms. The company did send my results back in the timeframe promised, and a lot of the results did confirm what previous testing showed, plus new info. It also showed me that I am in the red "Highly Reactive" to every type of wheat, whereas my previous LEAP MRT showed it as "moderate," but since my symptoms were getting worse, including digestive pain and coughing every time I ate any wheat, it makes sense that it is more reactive. My 23andme results also identified that I have a celiac variant, though I had been tested for full celiac and do not have it. Unfortunately food and substance intolerance testing is still being developed, so in general, if affordable,and if you are suffering in some way, it may be worth clarifying with more than one type of test. However, if you are worried about a true allergy, you really do need to consult with an allergist, since true allergies can be life threatening. I combine regular Western medical care with holistic and even some Chinese medicine as needed, so it helps to be open to other options, especially when my GI doctor and allergist both told me that "they did not believe in intolerances," but I know for sure I have some noticeable reactions to some things that are not explained through regular igE testing. Luckily, my primary care doctor is open-minded and she suggested an elimination diet and resources to look into symptoms and healing.

It is not valid. They have no research behind their data and have scammed multiple others. If you do eventually end up getting your results like some people, I wouldn't trust them. Any results claimed have no other explanation other than placebo effect

By Nicole R.

Yea, it took a while for me, but the test sample has to get all the way from here to the UK in Europe don't forget. I just spoke to their LiveChat team and they helped me find out where it was.

By Helena S.

If you speak to LiveChat, they can help you find it. They open Monday - Friday 24/7

By Helena S.

Yes, I got a few different insects on my results.

By Helena S.

You only have to ship it to their collection point in the States, they pay for it to get to the UK.

By Helena S.

Yes they do, on their website. Speak to LiveChat and they helped me with all of my questions.

By Helena S.

They have all of this information on their site. If you visit it and click on the science pages, they've got all the documentation.

By Helena S.

Questions? Get answers from the AllergyTest.co staff and other customers.

11 Photos for AllergyTest.co