Review of 1and1

Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania 19087, United States
support@1and1.com

fs49
4/12/18

(BEWARE) Don't hesitate to file a complaint against 1 and 1 to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Under the for Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts and Practices (UDAAP).

My opportunity to renew the domain promptly due to the confusing 1 and 1 massive flooding of Marketing/Junk/Advertising emails sent to my billing email box; made it extremely challenging to distinguish essential billing emails from junk. An influx of marketing email from 1and1, definitely hindered my ability to made payment; due to new card had been issued with an updated expiration date.

After all, was said and done the wanted to pay a whole lot more to reinstate the domain and they then ridiculously hiked the price of the domain up so high that I let it go and now the domain is bidding for $ thousands of dollars higher online.

Should any of you experience this please file a complaint with the CPFB with the UDAAP in mind.

I had already asked them Countless times prior, to stop the advertising/ marketing email from them precisely because I was getting confused and they failed to do just that, and the results ended up with me losing a domain I had for nearly two decades. They blamed the mishap stating it was my fault anyway. I felt the deception of bait and switch for a higher rate. So please, if you experience this please file a complaint through the proper channels. Understand the UDAAP laws.

calumc3
1/26/18

They're silly cheap, how can that be? Simple, they're fraudsters.
Their password didn't work. Their automated password change service didn't fix the issue. I've never been able to login to the account I paid for.
Can't log a support ticket, because you guessed it, their password doesn't allow a login.
So you can email their support to resolve this issue, right? Wrong. Their support staff won't talk about your account unless you're using the email registered with them. I use aliases, and don't have this issue with ANY other company.
So you can at least sort it out over the phone, right? Eventually, if you have lots of time and patience on your hands. So their customer disservice has been offshored to the Philippines. Their staff hang up on you when you ask to speak with a supervisor. They won't talk about your account until you provide the pin they provided, except they dont recognise their own pin either! Eventually I asked to speak with sales and managed to get a refund. There's a reason their prices are so low. I know tech folk who have used their services, and they attest to an intolerable customer disservice level.

adilb10
11/6/17

They are the worse company ever they are fraud and keep me waiting for a month for single domain to activate , they are useless do not purchase anything from them they are fraud .

markb428
8/31/17

This companys inflexible internal processes make it impossible for them to solve even very simple problems without exorbitant downtime and hassle on the part of the customer. They are cheap but ultimately dont deliver any value. I recommend you go elsewhere.

abdulrahmana21
3/7/17

basically they let you sign up on this cheap deal. then when you log in on the control panel you will be surprised ! you wont be able to get an ftp account or upload any file to the website until you choose another package !

if the deal is too good just dont do it. back to the big hosting guys.

stewartc28
3/6/17

They stole from my credit card and managed to LOSE not one, but two ecommerce sites - they failed (or didn't bother) to find the back-ups and they were lost forever.

Email addresses were hacked and used by spammers and I was blamed for issues of security!!

They are well known for charging your credit card for 'services' you haven't ordered.

Note that I have had websites hosted by at least four other companies and no major problems.

This company gets a high score on the very dodgy 'review' site Trustpilot, because businesses who pay get easier access to removal of negative reviews, but please AVOID this company and don't be fooled by fake review sites either.

karans14
12/18/16

Response time - 36 hrs, I am not sure if they are not fake, but they asked me for ID for my hosting purchase, no-one in this world ask for documents for shared hosting, I cancelled the order immediately and bought it from Bluehost, and not to mention no documents required there.

robertf101
10/11/15

I've used 1and1 for the last several years and have not encountered any major problems except for a service outage that lasted several days a few years ago.
On the downside, their tech support appears to be outsourced to India. Some of the techies are impossible to understand and some are quite stupid. On the other hand, I haven't needed much in the way of tech support due to the problem-free nature of their service.
My sites are relatively low traffic, so I don't know how 1and1 is for sites with heavy traffic.
All in all and knowing what I do now, I probably would use a different service if I were just starting out but, as things are going OK now, I'm not likely to switch.

jiml70
9/14/15

Same old story as everyone else is reporting. You try to let the domains expire and they charge you anyway, and then send the bill to a collection agency. One additional thing I noticed is that they KEEP your original registration (as evidenced by the start date) and keep renewing it, but then substitute their own contact info in the domain records. This effectively "hijacks" the domain names and they never get released for renewal elsewhere. They have done this 2 years running for a whole batch of names I wanted to let go of. Customer service is horrible with long waits and many pass-offs. AVOID 1&1, THEY HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO OFFER,EXCEPT TEASER RATES!

laurentiusv
3/3/15

Excellent service, correct administration,good prices, excellent quality !

very satisfied !!

ms123
2/26/14

BEWARE!!!!!! 1AND1 IS A MEGA SCAM. Anybody who gives them more than 1 star is hired by them to write good reviews. They tempt people with the low prices. If you don't want to renew their service, the horror begins. First of all there is no option to cancel automatic renewal, so the only way to cancel it is to disable the credit card so they wouldn't charge it. After you do it, they renew the service for you and harass you to pay them for it through the vindication company. The debt grows year by year. Your credit score goes down. You can do nothing because they delete your account in the meantime and then they say, that they can't help you because you have to do it yourself by changing options in your account. See the paradox? If you don't believe read about their scam on other websites.

carlr1
11/12/12

I have used 1and 1 for over 6 years. I am now to the point I will only buy domains when they are $0.99 or I will ask someone to shoot me. Do not buy anything that you have to talk to a sales person or is not cast in stone in your account. The accounting department and the management will have a field day with you. You will spend hours to resolve issues like why are you invoicing me for an a domain that you have acknowledged is cancelled. They just don't understand the concept that the customer might know what they are talking about and try to help the customer first to get what they want and not just help themselves to get what they want. 1and1 rank on the bottom of my list to buy from. The $0.99 domains for one year help ease the pain of working with them.

herseyk
10/15/11

For what I use 1and1 for, it has worked very well and priced fairly.

I use it for domain registration only. Can register and have a domain active in minutes, it seems. Their prices are about the best I've seen consistently, without odd add-ons later. With the domain you get one one free email address which I forward all to my recipient email acct.

donaldm9
5/15/11

Since I never used the site I was paying for over 3 years I decided to cancel my subscription. 1 & 1 Internet's policy is very restrictive and it became almost impossible to stop them from billing me for a service I never used.

andreasl
5/24/10

I like to not 1and1.com because I was there just ripped from front to back. I just find it unfair prices are unjust and customer service is not exactly nice. A poor rating means here exactly!

andrews7
5/24/10

Great web hosting company. Affordable packages. Much better than others I've tried like Godaddy.

samh1
9/14/09

The worst hosting service out there. Their cancellation policies are annoying, they make you jump through so many hoops all in an attempt to keep you on and confuse you, just to keep billing you. Its very aggravating.

lindsayk
2/26/09

Website creator - This is a very cheap way to get a domain name and build a website. Comes with many templates and 2 photo galleries

user66
10/11/08

BAD BUSINESS DO NOT USE - This company thinks its ok to have had issues for over a week with over 130 domains i have registered and hosted through them, that I am now going out of business. They don't see a problem, and I have called over 75 times in 1 week trying to get answers and get things fixed, but they just hang up on you and don't care. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY EVER! If you are with them now, MOVE YOUR ITEMS, this happened after 5 years of loyal service with them. 5 years!!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the 1and1 staff and other customers.

1and1?