Review of 1800GotJunk

Tel: 1-800-468-5865
optout@1800gotjunk.com

kwanzag1
9/16/16

Dont like the price they quote you? Tell them youd rather get a dumpster or hire someone off craigslist. Get a quote from a cheaper co. first. Ask them to call their manager. Matt. And tell him its way too much. Overpriced etc etc. Get a $600 job done for 4. Get a $1200 job done for 750. I promise. They will NOT walk away from ANY money. PERIOD. oh yea. And dont forget to tip the guys. They get treated like trash and only make $9-$10/hr. Its not commission based. Make them give u a better price.

az322
9/7/16

They showed up 3 hours late. The first two guys were decent and they took everything I asked them to. They loaded things quickly and things were going well until Stephen showed up. I think they sent him in to do the "dirty work". He's a scam artist but not a particularly good one.

They loaded the truck by standing stuff up on the side and then put other stuff flat. I've read on other reviews that they try to fluff up the stuff. Side stacking makes it hard to estimate how full the truck is. The initial estimate was 1/2 to 2/3s full. It was just about 1/2, but Stephen insisted that I had to pay for 2/3 because that was the original estimate. In the end he said he would only charge me for 5/8s (split the difference). I wasn't pleased but the guys had worked hard so I gave in.

The cost was $447. However Stephen wrote $477 on the slip. I assumed he made an honest mistake but when I pointed out the difference he immediately took offense. He got loud and insisted he wasn't trying to cheat me. It was over the top and I hadn't accused him of trying to cheat me. I figured he just wrote it down incorrectly but he seemed to have a guilty conscience.

I was paying by credit card, so he handed me his phone to sign. As I did so I noticed the amount on the screen had now jumped to around $580. Again I questioned the amount, he snatched the phone from me, punched a couple keys and handed it back. What I find odd is that I think he had added in a tip (a hefty one considering I'd already agreed to pay for a bigger load and they were 3 hours late). But instead of saying, oh that's for a tip or something to that effect and giving me a chance to tip them, he just snatched the phone from me.

When he left, my son who was outside heard him say to the other two workers that "I didn't fall/go for it". One of the other guys said, "but I thought we were supposed to get the 580".

I won't use 1-800-Got-Junk service again as I feel like they tried to cheat me, but they did take everything and it only took 20 minutes to load. If you do venture to use them, be prepared for them not showing in the time window and check everything before you sign.

cindyl23
4/18/14

I see these guys on tv show hoarders!! they go a great job!

sarahh13
1/10/11

cool site

rodg
10/29/10

Full heart for this site though their service is not cheap...but it does seem fair.. They offer excellent customer service and you can schedule a pick up online. They charge purely based upon volume so my recommendation is to break down whatever you have into the smallest size before they come.

Questions? Get answers from the 1800GotJunk staff and other customers.

1800GotJunk?