Waste Management reviews

1021 South Main Street
Houston, Texas 77002, United States

josephc213
10/13/18

I like the baster and the ease of purchase. I do not like that I contracted and paid Waste management for a pick up by a Waste Management truck and received and different company.
I used the baster because I looked it up on line and saw the video of the Truck with the "Boom" collecting that bag.
What I got was a "Junk Truck For Hire" with a winch and a hook on the end of the cable. The guys had to make a ramp from my drive way to the bed of the truck and pull the baster up to the truck. It was very clumsy and cause the baster to spill and be repeatedly adjusted to get it on the truck. This is NOT the service that was advertised. Not too mention workers that have no identification or professional attire. Quite honestly, I was very uncomfortable having strangers on my property, However the men who picked up the bag were very nice and most accommodating. That would be another reason I selected Waste Management for their reputation.
As a side note please don't respond with something to the affect the "We" contract some of our work load out to others. That is not my concern. All I know is that I requested and PAID Waste Management.
I don't see me using this service again unless I can be compensated is some manner.
I have worked and lived in this area for more than 50 years and do not like to endorse companies I feel are not upfront with their customers.

maxineb8
12/4/17

I have had a probe with waste management 2 times in the last 5 years they refuse to correct a bill that I proved I did not owe.
First time I had service suspended for summer. They started my service again but did not show the courtesy of a phone call or letter. When I received a 6 month bill and had not had service I called them. They acknowledged the suspense but had restarted and since there are 3 houses ion out street they just wrote notes each week "no tote out" and drove off.
It took several months of letters and phone calls to stop the billing and take bill away.
This second time is going on right now. It is a rental property, my daughter was living in home. She had service but Jan 3 while they were in lake Tahoe getting married, burglary took place to home. They took everything, doorknobs, lights furniture and even clothes. Police report was filed, home was boarded up until l hired a handi-man to put new doors and windows. My daughter was afraid to go back so I had to work with handi- man to slowly replace and repair.
My husband and I are disable so I didn't start repairs and paint until 14 months later because I had to stay in home to make sure it was safe to repair.
All utilities were off since January 2016, I started staying March 2017. I only turned on water and sewage to clean and paint. Keep yard watered. However waste management decided to start billing without calling or a letter to ask if we needed service.
We also did not have a tote for garbage. I bagged and took home to save money.
I sold home june 29, 2017 and now have 6 months of bills. They refuse to take the bill away even though I provided them proof that I no longer have the home and has been vacant of renters for past 23 months.
You are forced to pay water and sewage of $25.00 ea even to just clean or paint. The policy should be changed. People are struggling financially, they are a million dollar company. They should see the reports I sent with pictures of being boarded up for over 14 months.

leef88
11/24/17

Waste Management is one of the area's (Rochester, NY) worst trash haulers. They are more expensive that most others, they are combative on the phone, know absolutely the things that work to their advantage, and have no recollection - even in writing - of anything that does not provide gain for them The customer is always wrong.

Questions? Get answers from the Waste Management staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Waste Management