This holiday season everyone seems to be looking for out-of-the-ordinary and unique gifts that can’t be found in the department store across town. Buying online aids in this quest by saving time and effort and can often be the only available avenue to find the perfect present for your friends and family. Sitejabber’s editorial staff has compiled their list of the top 12 sites to find the most creative and exclusive gifts this holiday shopping season. You can also order confidently from any business on this list, as all were also 2017 Sitejabber Customer Choice Award Winners.
- Diamond Nexus (reviews) – If you watch for their sales, you can find deals like 1 carat Contemporary Nexus diamond stud earrings for $250. The price isn’t the only reason to be excited about deals like this — since Diamond Nexus grows their diamonds in cutting edge labs, you avoid contributing to the environmental and human rights issues associated with mined diamonds. Scott S writes, “What I love is that my wife has a quality piece of jewelry with a sizable diamond, something we could never afford, that was not mined out of the earth and made in America. Win-win! ”
- Society6 (reviews) – Society6 is home to many creative designers who are selling everything from custom prints to throw rugs to iPhone cases. All of the artwork is original so your friends and family receive original gifts designed to fit their taste and you can feel pretty good about supporting the artists directly. Judith K says, “Society6 has an amazing variety of wonderful, high-quality artist-made products, which are available in prints, shirts, leggings, hooded sweatshirts blankets, bedding and just about anything I want.”
- Blue Apron (reviews) – Do you know someone who enjoys cooking but doesn’t have the time to plan meals ahead and shop for the right ingredients? A subscription for a few weeks of Blue Apron’s meal delivery service will give them all of the things needed for cooking great new recipes with none of the planning or shopping time. If you have a foodie on your list who would enjoy this, see our full article online meal delivery services here: What’s for Dinner? The Ins and Outs of Meal Kit Delivery Services.
- Lush (reviews) – Lush is for the person on your list who loves all things related to skin care. Lush offers high-quality handmade products like perfumes, shampoo, moisturizers, lip scrubs and their famous bath bombs. “I’ve bought from Lush countless times, and I have never been disappointed in a single product! I love their bubble bars and bath bombs, but the massage bars they offer are also awesome and the scent lingers all day.” – Raju A
- Zazzle (reviews) – At Zazzle you can create everything from custom mugs to ping pong paddles using family photos or your own artwork. Give your family and friends something that is uniquely you. “Big Zazzle fan here! Zazzle makes it simple to use their templates to design and to order some of the most creative gifts I’ve ever been able to personalize.” – Wendy B
- Casper (reviews) – The gift of a great night’s sleep in a brand new bed may seem like an outrageous idea for a Christmas gift, but now with the proliferation of online mattress companies, you can get a brand new queen mattress for around $600, delivered straight to your (or your recipient’s) door. “Ordering was straightforward and really easy to understand. Their 100-night trial program is what sold it for me, though this mattress is exceptionally comfortable so I don’t think I will be taking them up on that offer.” – Richard Y Here’s our guide to avoiding common issues when shopping for a mattress online: Top 5 Tips to Avoid a Nightmare When Buying a Mattress Online.
- The Honest Company (reviews) – If you’re shopping for new parents this holiday season, one of the best sites to find them a gift is The Honest Company. Jessica Alba, a celebrity mother, wanted to create a company that featured safe and effective products. “Purchasing an Honest Company gift certificate is a great idea for an expecting mother. The Honest Co. offers a wide array of natural products. I was very satisfied and so was the expecting mother.“ – E W For more reviews of businesses in the baby category, see the Best Baby Site of 2017.
- Gilt (reviews) – For the frugal fashionista on your list, you may want to visit Gilt.com. Gilt’s website states that they offer designer brands at up to 70% off retail prices. “Gilt was easy, fast and very professional. I received exactly what I ordered! My nixon watch is awesome. Also, by far the cheapest price online. Totally satisfied!!” – Ken L
- Adore Me (reviews) – Say goodbye to expensive lingerie purchased for a specific occasion. Now you can get new lingerie delivered to your recipients every month as part of a subscription to Adore Me. Monthly lingerie may seem like an unusual idea, but Adore Me has over 1.6 million customers and, because of the subscription model, they are able to offer high quality lingerie at very reasonable prices. “I liked the fit and how comfortable to sleep in they are. My husband loved how sexy they looked, I don’t kiss and tell :)” – Dawn G
- Udemy (reviews) – The gift of knowledge is something that everyone will enjoy. Udemy is a website that offers online classes on nearly every subject imaginable from crockpot cooking to learning new languages. The prices for the classes are also very reasonable. Udemy may be more well known for helping coders and business owners learn about marketing and social media, but they have many classes that even your 70-year-old grandmother would enjoy.
- Mixbook (reviews) – If you haven’t seen the new modern look of acrylic and metal prints, you should definitely check out Mixbook. Primarily known for their photo books and prints, they also carry the more standard photo prints on paper or canvas for a more traditional look. The excellent quality of their photo books is what really helps Mixbook stand out. “The layout of the square photos is really appealing and it was simple to put together. The binder of the book is good too and lets you show a landscape photo with no seams.” – Dorothy U
- Newegg (reviews) – For the gadget and tech-loving friend or family member, take a look at what Newegg has to offer. They carry everything from video games to drones. “I purchased a computer at Christmas time. I had no problems with ordering and it was shipped fast.” – Angie A
We hope these suggestions spark some gift ideas and that your holiday shopping goes as smoothly as possible!