US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kimberlyp14

I don't understand all the negative reviews about selling items. What did you expect? (in 207 reviews)

janea18

They have great clothes, at great prices and their customer service has always been amazing. (in 43 reviews)

jaquelinh

I've bought clothes for myself and my 95 year old mother on thredUP. (in 210 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

janinej1
8/16/13

I sent a bag of mostly NWT clothing to Thredup. It took nearly two months for them to post my clothing. Most items were geared for summer. Fat chance they'll sell now that it's time to head back to school. I had several items (Gymboree, Gap, etc) that were an outfit, each piece in the same condition. They listed only half the outfit. If I were a consumer, I'd sure want the entire outfit. I sent new shoes in the box, never worn (Land's End) and they never listed them. Had I known, I would rather have donated them.(I wonder if someone from Thredup is wearing them around San Francisco!) I'm going back to ebay, craigslist or goodwill. At least I won't feel raped anymore. I'm sorely disappointed that this didn't work out.

rachelb16
8/14/13

thredUP is a great place to find consignment kids' clothes online. I often use it to fill the gaps in my kids' wardrobes each season for items that are too expensive or not available at local stores. Some great deals, especially for dressier clothes.

kirstenw2
8/14/13

I love the concept behind this website. However, the business side is lacking. Right now they are experiencing a major delay in processing bags, yet they aren't telling people until after they have sent the bags in, nor are they doing anything to prevent the back up. For whatever reason, they also only allow one account per household. I'm not sure what the point of this is, and coming from a household with multiple adults, we don't want to share an account to shop on this website.

mattc34
8/12/13

I sent them a bag full of expensive cloths with no stains nothing a pair of little girl jelly brand new with tag. First they got the bag at the end of June and in July I got an email saying they were running behind from the owner saying I would get my money by aug. well they finally sent me an email that they were happy to give me .85 cents. The cloths I sent them had never been worn. NEVER. This company is about getting free cloths and making a profit off of folks that are expecting a bit more money than the mere penance that they r paying. How dare them insult us. And to top it all off they sent me pictures of my stuff and said they didn't except the brands I sent which were all purchased from a big department store. I did some research and low and behold the same brands I miled in they had posted. DO NOT USE THIS SITE AND GET THE WORD OUT THAT THEY ARE NOT HONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janiel2
8/12/13

Do NOT sell your items to this site! I've tried selling my clothes to a local thrift shop and not barely anything for them, so I tried thredup for the first time. My bag was received on 7/16/2013. I got an email from the CEO of thredup stating that the processing will be finished by 8/07/2013. I was already impatient about it but I decided to forget about it until the day comes. On the day of the payout date, i check my bag history and I see nothing. I email their customer service TWICE and no response. It has now been five days since I emailed them twice and any professional website would have enough people working in customer service to be able to help me in that time, unless they just refuse to respond to me.
I signed up for the return of the bag if not many are sold, but I may not even get that. Who knows? THEY DON'T TEND TO THEIR CUSTOMERS! Once you send in a bag you're pretty much the last thing they care about.
SO disappointed in this site. Never using again.

carolyns9
8/9/13

I was happy with the order I placed with Thredup.The customer service via email was prompt and courteous.However, I sent in a bag of clothing in early July and it hasn't even been sorted yet. I did receive an email letting me know they were behind.I have sent in 2 more bags and am now wondering how long these will be before attended to. Upon reading the reviews of other consignors, I am really hoping that all the effort I put into these items (washing,ironing,packing) that I can recoup a payout that will make it worthwhile. We'll see.

elizabethh31
8/4/13

I sent 3 bags in- one all kids mostly BNWT and a few very gently worn items, one full of women's clothing all business and business casual with a few dressy going out outfits & one mixed bag with whatever wouldn't fit in the other two- I received a $6 credit for all 3 bags combined!! I sent in well over $300 worth of merchandise and have seen several items listed on their site that they didn't even credit me for!! Huge SCAM crappy customer service.

I have been a thredup user since the beginning and LOVED them at their inception- got great items at amazing prices. Things started going downhill after they stopped doing "boxes". The prices now aren't any better than buying new in a store and they charge shipping on top of it, they rip off customer who send items in and their customer service is a joke!!

kayleed1
8/4/13

Don't even think about using this site if you might possibly share 1) a house with someone. 2) a name with someone. Got my order canceled and account suspended because I referred my roommate, who, lives with me! (shocking, right!?). I emailed customer support and my purchase was refunded with NO response. I will NOT be using this website again and I don't recommend you start either. Customer service is extremely sub par and not to mention the photos are washed out and incredibly misleading. Bought a shirt after sorting by color, looked blue as can be in the pictures. Showed up purple. Their business model is failing. Get better pictures and item descriptions and MORE customer service employees.

jessicap18
8/2/13

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. It took ONE WEEK to get an actual real, live person to respond to one of my many emails and phone calls. I was calling about the ONE MONTH it took to "process" my bag. I was also calling about the $6.50 pay out I got from a large bag of clothing. This bag contained kids' Toms shoes (never worn), Marc by Marc Jacobs, Juicy, Levi's, Nanette, etc. they paid me 50 CENTS for a dress. This company used to be great but now they have gotten too big too fast. I will never shop with them again and I am still disputing my "pay out". Please do yourself a favor, DO NOT SHOP AT THREDUP.COM!

leannef
7/31/13

DO NOT SEND CLOTHES TO THREDUP!! I sent in 3 bags, about 150 items, of mostly brand new with tags Gymboree and Gap. Thredup paid me less than $1 for almost every item and didn't pay me for some of the items. After numerous emails and phone calls, thredup refused to pay me a reasonable amount for my clothes. I notified every consumer complaint site I could find. The San Fransisco Attorney General's Office opened a criminal investigation into thredup after I complained to them. Thredup responded to my BBB complaint with a lie. Here it is:
On July 26, 2013, the business provided the following information:
At the time Leanne shipped three bags of clothing to thredUP there was a period of time in which our price calculator was not operable. This was a bug we were aware of and actively fixing. Over the weeks that had elapsed from the day we received Leanne's clothing and the day we fully processed the items, the price calculator was fixed and was working again.

In addition to our price calculator we have our bag feed showing what other customers have earned for their clothing (http://www.thredup.com/bags/feed). This feed is live and is in no way manipulated to inflate payouts. Lastly, it is stated in multiple places that thredUP may not be the most profitable way to earn money by selling used clothing because we pay up to 40% of the resale value.

In efforts to resolve this issue, I explained I would double-check and correct any mistakes made on the pricing of the items we accepted, and offered to pay for the 20+ items we did not accept based on what would've been earned. This equated to an additional $45. I apologize but an additional $45 is still the only offer I can provide.

Leanne has continued to contact other organizations in efforts to resolve this issue. Now damages have exceed $300.

Daniela

MY RESPONSE SENT TO THE BBB:

Daniela states with this response, that there was a problem with the website that they were aware of before I sent in my bags. I started emailing Thredup with questions a month before I sent anything to them. AFTER I complained on Gymboree's facebook website because of what little reimbursement I received for clothing I sent to Thredup, I was then contacted by a representative of Gymboree who then, on my behalf contacted Thredup to forward my complaints. It was well after several exchanged emails and finally a phone call from Daniella, where I made her aware of the website issues (which she told me thredup had been UNAWARE of), that the website issues were finally repaired--more than 2 months after she says they were aware and trying to correct it?? They were aware of the problem for sure! There had been no attempt to repair the website because in doing so, people would have been able to see how little Thredup was paying for clothing and no one would have sent anything to them!! It has been their intent all along to keep customers from discovering their true payout amounts. Sure, thredup had a few posts on their website showing what other were paid for their clothing. These posts clearly showed thredup paying a lot of money for even used clothing. I went by those posted statistics (which was all that was available at that time)--thinking I would receive even more money since what I was sending in was brand new with tags attached clothing. As far as Daniela's statement regarding people being able to make more money sending in used clothing because they pay up to 40% of the value, is absolutely absurd!!! Since when is used clothing worth more than brand new clothing?? If that was the case, every store would be a resell store and there would be no market for new clothing. Daniela made an utterly ridiculous statement regarding that. Daniela did go through my payout amounts and found many that were inaccurate. She offered an additional $45 for those errors which is nothing considering I had sent in about 150 mostly new designer clothing items. This works out to about an additional 30 cents per item. It does not even begin to reasonable compensate me for my clothing. Initially, when I requested an additional $300 over what thredup had said they would pay me, I was trying to make a point. I wanted them to take full responsibility for their deception. I was asking very little reimbursement. However, after thredup refusing to properly compensate me and discovering many other people who were victims of Thredup's scheme, I asked for a more accurate compensation. This was a deliberate tactic on Thredup's part to deceive customers, pay pennies for valuable clothing, then resell it on the Thredup website for a HUGE profit--all without the customer's being able to accurately discover what they would be paid PRIOR to sending clothing to Thredup. I want to be compensated the full monetary loss for my clothing. In addition, after filing my complaint with the Better Business Bureau, I continued to pursue the case and notified the San Francisco District Attorney's Office. They found enough evidence to open a criminal investigation into Thredup's business. It is very clear that Thredup designed their business to scam people in order to make a huge profit reselling clothing sent in from unsuspecting people. It is only because of my continued pursuit of my complaint, that Thredup repaired their website to disclose more information regarding payouts. However, if that disclosure had been made PRIOR to my sending in my clothing, I would never have sent them anything!! I am still seeking an appropriate compensation for my clothing, as well as an end to Thredup's website.

lisas83
7/27/13

I have ordered several items from Thredup and have loved the quality of the clothing. I even ordered something with an imperfection, and still haven't found the flaw. The semi annual sales are great! Certain items can be pretty pricey for a used item and the shipping charges can be a bit much if you don't spend over $50. Overall, I recommend this site as a great way to dress your child in quality, brand named clothing for less.

kimberlyd6
7/22/13

It is a great convenient way to sell and buy gently used clothing items for kids and mom! They make it easy for me to sell clothing, while paying a fair price, and turn that profit into an easy way to fill closet space back up with a superior selection of clothing!

annew15
7/22/13

As a buyer of used clothing for a toddler, I rate Thredup as excellent, especially when they run sales. Their customer service is somtimes slow, but is very understanding and supportive of their buying customers. I would do even more buying from them if they lowered their shipping costs. I had a less than a perfect experience selling to them so I drop their rating to 4 instead of five stars.

pamelaa4
7/22/13

Thredup is very convenient in regards to sending items in. The payouts are not great. Especially with the new policies. Their prices for buying are not always great especially with charging for shipping. I recommended my mom sending in some clothes. She sent in several brand new with tabs designer label suits for women and her payout was horrible. Their quality checks are great as everything that I have ordered from them has been perfect. Sizing can vary. Overall I have liked the site mainly for the convienence of what little work it takes to consign with them.

melissak10
7/21/13

I have been with thredup since it was a user based box swap business. Loved it then, and loved it when it went to bag delivery system. Lately I have been less than impressed. I used to get a good value for the clothes my girls grew out of. I usually had 4-5 items at the end of a season that were never worn and I felt I always got a fair price for them. I am less than impressed now. They cut back on the amount of payout majorly and did not say anything ahead of time. I sent 3 bags of used clothes in and averaged $40-$60 per bag. The last bag I sent was mostly new or like new Gymboree and other brand equivalents and my bag was $20.
I have also used the site for ordering clothes many times. I must say that the items are high priced. You can get a lot of the same clothes new at the store on sale for the amount. What I do like is that I can get replacements of items I own already that get ruined. I also think their shoes are a good price as well.
I think they got bigger than they were ready to handle.Yes, I believe that some of the changes are bad, but I also think that they were necessary to keep up with the huge amount of business they have been getting.
All in all, I still use the site for selling and buying. It is still the most convenient way to trade clothes. I would like it better if they went to a strictly consignment style though and only pay for the items that sell on their site at a percentage. This would keep people from sending in junk (since no one would buy it) and keep the prices down as well.

gloriac10
7/19/13

Thred-up is way too picky in my opinion and too cheap. I can make a lot more money going to local resale clothing shops and selling my kids gently used items. I can use that money and buy a lot more gently used good quality kid clothing locally too. Thred-up has a good idea, but I'm not going to put $50-$60 of clothing in a bag anymore just to get $9 back for it and have the clothes that wasn't sold not returned unless I pay 9 bucks to have it returned. Usually if one store doesn't take the clothing another will. So thred-up....no more for me.

annam58
7/18/13

fair for the effort you put in.
great customer service.
have been pleased shopping there.

thanks!

bethh9
7/17/13

I had a really good experience the first time I sent in clothes. I now have two bags waiting for credit. I'm a bit nervous now that I've read the other reviews. I sure hope I didn't get suckered because I've sent a ton of people to this site to buy and re-purpose their items. ULG if they messed this up. I'm also pretty disappointed in their new acceptance policy. Not taking Old Navy items....we love Old Navy. Oh well, I guess I'll see shortly if I stay with the company or not.

amyk10
7/16/13

Two things. 1) the items I have purchased on this site have been great, quality and value wise. I have no complaints. 2) sending in items is resulting in less and less payout. The company recently changed the policy to not accept clothing that they can't at least list for $6.49. That seems alot for a lot of childrens brands for used clothes anyway. They have made updates such as pay $10 to get the items returned to you that are not accepted and taking pictures of the rejected items so I wouldn't call it a scam that they are stealing all your clothes if they don't accept them like some people think.

Overall, great for buying and just ok for sending items too. Honestly, I was just donating clothing, so even getting $10 for a bag of clothes from thredup is fine with me. If you are looking for bigger payouts do local consignment since keep in mind, thredup pays for the shipping and has employees processing everything which brings down what they can pay you while not going bankrupt.

bearcubl
7/16/13

I love using thredup.com to get an excellent deal on new and like new clothes for my children. Wonderful customer service! I am never disappointed with the quality of the product I receive. I recommend it to everyone who could have use of it! I have not been disappointed with the pricing they give on the clothing I send in for consignment either. Highly recommend!

shanam
7/16/13

Thred up is an ok site. It is nice just sending in clothes that you no longer need to get a little money back. And I do stress "little" money back. The payout is a little small. I probably could get more selling on ebay but that takes more effort. I have bought A few things from them as well. The sizing can be mixed up sometimes. I have bought shirts that were supposed to be for me but turn out they are for girls and not womens. That is ok though because I just give them to my daugther instead of returning it. Just watch the sizing when you buy!

terit1
7/15/13

the quality of clothing you receive is excellent. However, I will have to agree several others on the payout to customers for items that are sent in. I prefer the original site where you would post adds for items you had and people would purchase them from you directly.

christieb1
7/15/13

My experience with Thredup has been so so. I like the items I receive from there, but I'm not sure I will ever send in another bag. Like others have mentioned, receiving $.60 for an item is completely rediculous. I can donate items and get a better payout than that. I think Thredup definitely needs to rethink their payout to customers.

heidic2
7/13/13

I have been a thred up customer for a few years now. Once they changed their format and how their site works, it went down hill. Thred Up is a scam. I have sent in huge bags filled with brand new, like new clothing and in excellent condition clothing and received either A: less than $1.00 for an item or B: they told me items were in unacceptable condition (rips, discoloration, etc.) which is FALSE.

I have heard that now Thred Up keeps items for resale that people send in and tell you they were unacceptable and you get zero credit for them and they in turn resale it off the side. Shady business.

I have bought a few things from them with the little credit I have received and was happy with my purchases, however I will NEVER be either selling or buying from them again.

sweetsp
7/12/13

A month ago I sent in a bag of clothes for a payout. It will be the last bag I ever send. First of all, my bag was there for 3 wks when I contacted them for an update. Secondly, I just received my payout information, and the average payout was $0.60/kids item. I sent in name brand, excellent condition clothes. For example, a Harley Davidson T-shirt ($0.85) received a higher payout than a pair of Talbots pants ($0.60). Really?!? I was pleased with my 1st bag, but based upon what I saw tonight, I will never use this site again. Buyer/Seller beware.

conip1
7/12/13

After receiving items for my daughter that were purchased via Thredup.com I decided to give it a try. I'd like to tell you how the clothes arrived but i cannot - because the below standard shipping of this company means that it will take two weeks from order to receiving the items. THAT is disappointing, NO MENTION of this when the order is placed, just got an e-mail the next day saying YAY for us - we are really busy - too bad for you, you'll get your stuff whenever." I am NOT a happy customer.

andis2
7/12/13

Thredup has turned into a scam-like site. Send a bag of stuff and they MAY sell your items one at a time and send you FIVE CENTS ON THE DOLLAR. They are making good money from my stuff and I feel like a SUCKER! Once burned shame on you, twice burned shame on me!

jenniferb41
7/11/13

Thredup.com is an awesome way for me to provide my kids and I with quality clothes no matter what the occasion! I can always find what I need whether they are for play, a holiday, a change in the season or just a splurge on a new outfit!

loriz
7/11/13

I love thredup.com, I've made several purchases and have always been pleased with them. My grand-baby looks so nice and I feel nice knowing all the money I saved. We have a local baby consignment shop near by, and their inventory nor quality comes close to thredup. I look forward to shopping to see what's next. I don't send in bags, I donate everything out grown to my local Goodwill, so I can't comment on anything but what I've bought, I've been a happy customer for two years, and look forward to my next purchase next month for fall clothes.

crystals10
7/11/13

I miss the old way of swapping boxes. I dont seem to get as much money as I use to and they knit pick over the smallest of things. I have bought a few things and shipping takes a week from CA to PA, then they take forever to get the bags in to their inventory and let you know how much (or little) you got.

jasminer3
7/11/13

i simply adore this website.. I've even gotten clothing not only for my lil boy but for me as well.. Awesome...!!!!

bridgetb1
7/11/13

I've ordered a few different items of clothing for my daughter and have been very happy with everything I received. I don't buy alot of boutique type clothing so I don't think I'll have much to send in to sell, but I do intend to buy more from this site.

seanandambirc
7/10/13

I liked the swapping boxes way a lot better, I don't use thredup as much as I used to. It seems like when I send bags in I get less money each time. and now you aren't going to accept the main brands that most kids wear. I have had a bag for awhile and I am going to send it in, I hope that the brands I send get grandfathered in like promised. then I will most likely spend my balance and not do it again. the close I have purchased from thredup have met my expectations and beyond. I just believe that you have lost a lot of customers because of how it is now.

jodis4
7/9/13

I liked the old way better with swapping boxes. I have been very disapointed with them shipping me wrong items and very low pay out. Also I sent in a bag of almost new to never worn womans/maternity clothes still waiting 3 or so weeks later for a payout! This bag will determain if I will ever shop with them again. So far not impressed!

jamiep14
7/9/13

For one, it takes forever for them to ship your items. Second, I made the mistake of sending them 2 bags which were over 20 lbs each. Very nice clothing. I got .40 to .60 for each of the pieces they took-which resulted in $8 payout. Very disappointing. They lost one of my bags and I have sent them the tracking numbers time and time again-when I check it on UPS, they were both sent at the same time and signed for by the same person. I still have yet to hear from them. I will not be shopping with them ever again after this is over and done with. Be careful and stay away from this company!!

jenniferc42
7/9/13

I have to say I had a better experience with the original thredUP. I have for the most part had good experiences with my purchases. I have some complaints on the service. Example: I made a purchase from my ipod but in the picture one item looked like full length pants but was actually not, I contacted them with in the hour but was told; sorry we already packed your box and cant help you. My box did not ship for a couple of days. My other problems are mainly with sending items, they have lost almost every bag I have sent and the one or two bags they did not loose they gave me a credit for the items with the most wear; yet a ton of items in the bag with little to no wear seem to disappear. I have sent a large amount of almost brand new clothes and never received anything for them. I feel there the department handling the incoming items is lacking in proficiency and accuracy.

jenb12
7/8/13

I have purchased a few things from them that were just "okay" bargains but I sent a bag in with over40 items and received $3 payout! When I asked them about it they sent me pictures of my clothing saying they were stained but there was no visible stain! I think they ripped me off big time. Will never shop them again.

leew23
7/8/13

I loved Thredup in the beginning with the box-swap model. It was so much fun, and I feel it was a really good value as well. Not so much anymore. Since they have gone to consignment only, I have only purchased a couple of items and have not sold any, due in part to the lack of convenience and poor return. I will probably not shop much with them anymore because it is more expensive now. I sure wish they would go back to the box-swap!

marieb27
7/8/13

I love Thredup!! I have been able to find some great quality clothes at wonderful prices!! The customer service has always been excellent.

carrieg9
7/8/13

This is my all-time favorite site! I'm a bargain shopper, I love going to Goodwill and searching for great clothes. The only problem with Goodwill is that you don't usually find an actual outfit that matches, just random pieces. thredUP is so easy because it lets you enter search criteria for that exact size and clothing brand, and even color of shirt or pants that you are looking for. You can get some awesome deals buying clothes from them. I've never sold through them though, I've heard you don't make much money so I do all my selling on eBay!

stephanieh16
7/8/13

I have purchased from Thred Up from the beginning. I am pleased with the quality of the clothes. I don't sell items, just because I would prefer to hand them off to friends and family. My son is often better dressed than I am as a result! Love the free shipping and the service is pretty fast.

kaitlinb1
7/7/13

Very affordable shopping, which is awesome because kids grow out of clothes soo fast! Though some bags that I've sent in to thredup were very low payout, which is disappointing. It's also frustrating that boxes take so long to ship.

saraht23
7/7/13

I have been a member with Thredup.com since the beginning. While I have had great experiences with orders and bags, the latest bags I have sent in have been very very low paying. Items that are brand new I got under a $1 for. So I'm done selling to ThredUp and probably done purchasing from them too. I'm a bargain shopper and can do better with clearance racks at local stores here. Bye Bye Thred Up!

eliw13
7/6/13

I purchased 2 items from the site, wasnt crazy for them (never wore them). I returned the 2 items, along with some other kids and ladies clothing. I was surprised to find that only 1 of the items I purchased was accpeted back- I am in the process of trying to clear this up with them and how their processors accept the same exact piece of clothing once, and not again- in the same exact condition,,

jeanninev
7/5/13

I loved ThredUp's original ("trading boxes") business model. When it changed, I wound up with several 40-60% off coupon codes, to use on their new site. I used them all, with mixed results:

1. Since ThredUp sells from a nationwide pool of used clothing, they're more likely to have unusual items, than my local kids' resale shop. For example, in just 2 separate "shopping trips" on ThredUp, I've bought my son a house colors cap imported from Eton, an Air Force Academy T-shirt (my husband is an alum) and a T-shirt advertising a Lipizzaner Stallions show I attended as a child. In an entire year of browsing kids' resale shops, I'd be pleased to find *just one* such item in my kid's size, that deviates from the Gap/Gymboree fare every other kid wears.

2. I live in the midwest. Here, parents willing to pay (gasp!) $25+ for a name-brand sweater that their preschooler will wear twice before it's outgrown or stained *don't shop second-hand*. NEW kids' sweaters cost that much. My son always has a couple Polo sweaters for the cold seasons, but I pay $8 - $12 for them at Once Upon a Child, or $1 at garage sales. Yes, $1. That's not unusual at all, here. Thus, I assume it's impossible for a company based in pricey California - that depends on costly shipping for both purchasing and sales - to compete with resale shops, for my business. Perhaps ThredUp is more competitive on the coasts?

My recent ThredUp purchase was the first I've made without a percent-off coupon. I bought only items deeply discounted because they hadn't sold quickly. I was pleased with what I bought, but overall the styles are no more up-to-the-minute and the clothes in no better condition than what I could find at a good kids' resale shop, for less. As much as I loved ThredUp and hoped to see it flourish, it would be a poor investment of time for me to keep shopping there.

perrip
7/4/13

I am happy with Thred ups quality of clothing. The savings on brand name childrens clothes can not be beat! They are continually improving the policy and listen to their customers. I think the new policy of getting items back is wonderful.

ashlieh
7/4/13

I have been with ThredUp since we swapped boxes of clothing with other members, and I actually liked this model better. The new model does provide better quality clothes for members to purchase, however I now dislike selling items to them. If you send a bag of 15-20 pieces of clothing, you will probably only get $7-$9 for great clothing that you could get up to $25 for at your local consignment store.It also is now taking them up to 3 to 4 weeks to go through bags of clothing and it takes forever to get your small credit. Buying from thredup is a good idea... selling is a BAD idea!

cindys23
7/3/13

I was happy with the items I bought from them. I bought my daughter a pair of shorts, my son a pair of Converse, and myself a shirt. All items were in excellent, like new condition and under $10. Then I made the mistake of sending them a bag. I sent in 10 items. They accepted 3 of them and paid me 40 to 60 cents for each item. I have no clue what they did with the rest of my stuff, but I know it was in great condition (no stains, no tears, all name brand). I will continue to buy from them, but I will not send them my stuff ever again.

nicoled12
7/3/13

I've been a member since the box swapping (which I loved) I have a couple issues with thred up though.....first off I know that I've sent in some great items with packed bags to only receive a couple bucks in return. This is disappointing because the items are worth way more. Especially when they have tags still on them. I'd be better off sells them on eBay. Another is that when purchasing I think in the description of the item it should state what type of fabric it is. Just on my last order I bought two skies for my daughter that were cute but when I got them one was fleece and the other was corduroy. You could no tell by the picture that it was that fabric otherwise I wouldn't have bought. It's 95* here so chances are they won't fit when I need them. I contact customer service and they told me I could pay to have them shipped back. I hope that there are sons changes for the better.

marlieseb
7/3/13

I've been using thredup since the box swap days. Great for purchasing clothing, but I find that selling to a local consignment shop is easier. The purchased clothes are always in great condition and as expected.

4 Photos for thredUP