US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

marym242

Usually if I need to make a return or deal with customer service the experience is pleasant. (in 185 reviews)

kimberlyp14

I don't understand all the negative reviews about selling items. What did you expect? (in 809 reviews)

christinav9

I love love threfup for buying great quality used clothes, but would never send clothes for resale ever again. (in 770 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

loric59
1/16/16

I love being able to peruse from the comfort of my home and make purchases without breaking the bank. Love the details, the shipping of the bag to send my clothes to be "recycled". It's a win-win!!

laurak70
1/16/16

The clothes are just as the description stated; in excellent condition. The service was quick.

beverlyj18
1/16/16

Purse arrived damaged. ThredsUp offered to refund, offered to make good, offered to do whatever was needed to make right.

And they did. Excellent service.

patm92
1/16/16

ThredUp appears to be very buttoned up...I have sent in my 2nd bag of Threds to sell....didn't make much on first bag but I didn't send the best I could have sent...so hoping my 2nd bag will be more profitable....great way to rotate the closet...My future daughter in law and sister have now submitted their 1st bag so they are excited to see how this works...good quality packaging when you purchase too...Only thing I would personally love to see is adding a VINTAGE category to sell!! Just try it!! I will send you the 1st bag

elizabethe36
1/16/16

I ordered two tops. It was super easy, and I loved both! They were in excellent shape!

lisae50
1/16/16

The goals of the company are wonderful... The clothing is in excellent condition! The selection is awesome.. And the opportunity to purchase extremely well constructed clothes at such an incredible savings is a wonderful thing for those of us that like a bargain and live on a budget!

ruthr29
1/16/16

Love the packaging, love the prices (generally), wish I could see alternate views and close-ups of articles of clothing!

mariar75
1/16/16

My experience has mostly been satisfactory. The items arrive in a timely manner however they are not always as described on the website. The jeans I bought were regular length when I had thought they were described as short length so I wouldn't have to hem the legs.

jocelynj4
1/16/16

I have been so pleased with the quality of the clothing and the fast shipping. Also, I love the packaging! Who wouldn't be happy receiving a polka dot package? I highly recommend this store.

betsys12
1/16/16

I have ordered a few things this past few months and I couldn't be happier with the quality and great customer service. I have been referring friends & family. I will be shopping ThredUp for all my fashion needs in 2016. Love ThredUp!

juliee11
1/16/16

very impressive care and attention to each article of clothing. haven't dealt with customer service yet, but I would expect it to be high-caliber as well.

kerryc23
1/16/16

Such an easy/seamless purchase. I sell and buy through Thread Up and have never been disappointment. Perfect way to find awesome deals and flip over my wardrobe.

megd4
1/16/16

Recently received my 2nd order. Even tho I'm returning a few of the items (too small) I'm very impressed with the quality of the clothes . Everything I've purchased has been exactly as described. I really appreciate the program that gives a percentage of sale to the school of your choice. I will continue to shop with thredUP.

shellyh17
1/16/16

Loved all the clothes and 1 pair of boots that I ordered. Very happy with the ease of shopping online and the quality products!

vickyb25
1/16/16

I just recently discovered thredUP and I love it. I have ordered 3 times now and am very satisfied. I also ordered a clean out kit but I haven't sent it back yet. I'll update after I've done that.

jocelyna4
1/16/16

Awesome service awesome products I will continue to buy from thredup for a long time

kathleenp16
1/16/16

I have ordered numerous times and have had a great experience every time.

annb77
1/16/16

I am thoroughly enjoying Thred up as a supplement to Mall Shopping. Great service, selection and quality.

lindah135
1/16/16

First time shopper at Thredup. Easy to find my size and prices were great for high end clothing. Shipping was quick. My only suggestion would be better descriptions and more photos with zoom capability.

perryk14
1/16/16

The coat I had purchased was way too small around the chest area. Thredup website made it easy for me to return it, free shipping.

colleenm23
1/16/16

Very easy shopping experience.

betsyd5
1/16/16

I found thredUP when I wanted a vintage 70's look for a dance. I couldn't believe the quality and prices. So I went back to designer jackets and tops - 5 gorgeous items for $125. And they arrived beautifully wrapped. Great customer service.

juliel55
1/16/16

Heading out of the country to visit our little girl, whom were in the process of adopting, I wanted to find some cute bus reasonably priced clothes for her to wear. Boy, did we hit the jackpot! The prices were perfect, everything has fit, and age looks even more adorable than usual!

natalliew
1/16/16

I found some adorable clothes for my daughter and a couple of great dresses for myself. Prices were reasonable and clothes were clean and like new.

carolmariea
1/16/16

I enjoyed shopping with ThredUp. I could see the savings on line and discovered the quality when I unwrapped the items. Very pleased, too, that I was recycling!

ashleyb120
1/16/16

Only concern is that it took a while, but I do live in Hawaii! I was seriously shocked that they shipped to me without overcharging which most places do for AK/HI. Found my new go to place for online shopping!

yvonneb29
1/16/16

I have ordered a few items and have been very happy. I enjoy the shopping on line!

martham64

Great stuff decent prices

pattym24
1/16/16

only real disappointment is how much cash (credit) I got from the bags I sent. When you see how much they sell them for. They are making quite a haul. I've sold on poshmark and mercari and don't like the hassle of shipping. So the thredup back is so easy and convenient.

heatherm87
1/16/16

Great clothes, easy process!

marilync30

Saw..bought..received..wore...LIFE IS PERFECT!

stephanieg43
1/16/16

I cannot say enough good things about this company. They operate with high moral standards and professionalism from the packaging they use, to the honest descriptors on their items, to their generous return policy, and more. I feel proud wearing their clothes and selling back to them. I challenge anyone to try to find a website with more integrity.

brandip10
1/16/16

You would be shocked bc the clothes are in excellent condition. You can't beat the prices!!

elles8
1/16/16

Quick deliveryand easy returns!

suzyn1
1/16/16

Very satisfied with my purchases however they do not offer a great deal of credit for consignment

yvonnev2
1/16/16

I knew that "embracing my gray's" would be challenging but I was ready. As I researched how I would go through my hair transition I realized that I needed to change the color of most of my clothes.
Thread up.com has been a wonderful option to filter out clothes that don't work with my new color palette. Looking for clothes that are age appropriate, my size and the right color for my face and gray's/ silver hair is not easy.
The chance to buy designer clothes at a affordable price is fantastic and has made my shopping very easy too. Thank you

jackiec49
1/16/16

I have been very pleased in general with Thred Up. The quality of the clothes has always been good. The sizes haven't always been uniform but that is the manufacturers' fault, not Thred Up. The only thing that is keeping me from giving five stars is the length of time returns take. It took almost three weeks for my last one. I wish they could speed that up. But even with that, I highly recommend using Thred Up.

glendag8

Very trustworthy company

jenniferj77
1/16/16

Great experience using this site. Items are shipped in a timely manner, and returning is easy.
It does take quite awhile to process if you send items in, but they keep you updated on the process.

bnn2
1/16/16

I like to shop secondhand, but sometimes you just can't make it to the store, or you can't find good quality secondhand items. By using ThredUp's multiple filters I am able to find what I want quickly. I found two shirts that I really liked at great prices, and when I received them they were true to the pictures and fit listed on the site. Shipping could be a little faster but for the great deal I got it was worth waiting a couple of extra days.

cindaa1
1/16/16

I loved the first shirt I got - it's like new and was such a good deal! I just returned two knit pieces. They were both in excellent condition and fit fine, I just didn't like them once I tried them on. I shipped them back. Now I'm just waiting for my refund.

alexk69
1/16/16

Quick delivery, awesome clothes in wonderful condition

rachelb74
1/16/16

It has been so easy to pick out items to try out at home. It is just as easy to return items that don't fit for credit & then get more items to try out. They also have frequent sales so I can get even more for my money. ThredUp is a great option for easy shopping without leaving my house.

christinem67
1/16/16

This is the best website Available online! The product is exceptional!

katies49
1/16/16

I really love thred up!!!!

maryjod
1/16/16

Love the items I have received. Descriptions are VERY accurate. Items are in excellent shape and packaged well.

sarahs220
1/16/16

Thred up offers great clothes for an awesome price! I would like to see a wish list feature added so I can add items as I see them!

wandab18
1/16/16

Love looking at the well designed site, loved getting my thred up bag, loved the return policy on the one thing I didn't like upon receipt, and look forward to the check I'm getting for the items I sent in.

Cleaning out the closet and getting money for it -- what's not to like?

angies36
1/16/16

I've been so pleased with both of my purchases, and quality of clothes!!!

larondam1
1/16/16

Attention to details and I received my product promptly. My True Religion Jeans were in excellent condition

48 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6 hours ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for thredUP