US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kimberlyp14

I don't understand all the negative reviews about selling items. What did you expect? (in 261 reviews)

janea18

They have great clothes, at great prices and their customer service has always been amazing. (in 55 reviews)

erind18

Getting credit for the clothes I turn in is exciting. (in 251 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

nicholes3
1/20/14

It's hard to have clothes that meet their standards for re-sell, but that's a good thing! This is the only site I use to shop for kids anymore. I understand their standards and only send items that I know are acceptable and donate the rest. My little girl plays hard and these are the greatest clothes at affordable prices to keep her looking like the princess she is.

jillm15
1/18/14

I would not sell again on this site because I do much better at the local consignment shop. I sent in a big bag and they only took 3 items to sell. I do love buying because the standards are so high that the product is like new when you receive it. It is worth it for clothes your kids will grow out of in a few months.

nancyp28
1/18/14

Love thredup. I throw my clean, name brand clothes into the prepaid postage bag they send me, take it to the post office and get credit in about a month for the clothes they sell. Since I would just dump the used clothes into a clothing bin somewhere I figure at least I get something for them, they also donate the clothes they can't sell to a worthy charity, so I'm happy with that too. I find the site to be overwhelming if you don't know your size and/or brands you love. But if you set the filters and only look for the things you need or want specifically you can find great deals on very expensive name brands.

lisab78
1/16/14

I started to use thredup a few years ago, when it was still operated in accordance with its original model: To sell, you sent in one of those PO-provided medium sized flat rate boxes stuffed with items....listed the box, yourself, on the website, and waited for someone to claim it....sent it off when they did; to buy, chose one of the listed boxes...all you paid was shipping. It was on YOU: if you filled boxes with good items and gave good descriptions, recipients were happy and posted positive reviews. Fill a box with junk and get a bad review....fill a box with fabulous stuff but don't bother to itemize the listing no one will buy it in the first place. Honestly, it was very inexpensive....when you received your box it was a fun surprise to unpack it, and typically I'd have a couple of items that were "eh" in a box and a surprise goody. It really was FUN.

This model...I don't like. It started out okay. But the quality of my experience has declined. Steadily. Now, it takes months to process a bag when I send it in. The number of items that are not accepted is arguably ridiculous: I check every single item for stains, for wear....I check the list of "brands we do not accept" but as this list keeps expanding, by the time my bag is processed there are things that, apparently, they no longer accept. I try to send in items that are "in season," as requested, but again, buy the time the bag is processed those items are no longer in season, which results in a lower payout or complete rejection. I have sent in NEW and unworn high end (Calvin Klein, I believe) women's trousers and had them rejected. I have sent shoes -- Stride Rite patent leather Mary Jane's, worn all of one time -- that were rejected for "wear." Really? You know, I'll wager a bet that you could look at the soles and see that yes, those shoes were worn once...but surprise, this site holds itself out as handling used items. Great condition, yes. But not new or unused (for the most part). As far as purchasing, the prices are generally too high considering it's used clothing. I've purchased only a few things since they switched to this model, and they were fine, but they were not inexpensive, the website is not easily navigable and the entire endeavor not really worth it.

My most recent experience left me sufficiently dissatisfied that I am considering just freecycling our items: the payout I'm getting from thredup -- on good quality, good condition items -- is, frankly, sad, and with so much being "not accepted" for reasons I find neither understandable nor predictable, I would rather give the items away to people who will use them.

It's too bad, too. I really did love thredup, once upon a time. Like so many things, they seem to have become a victim of their own success.

aprils9
1/16/14

I love the concept of the site.. I am a ebay seller myself and find it very hard (with the exception of super high end stuff) to sell adult clothes on there. They don't offer big $$,but what do you expect? You literally do nothing,but send them your bag of stuff and you don't even have to pay to ship it.At a garage sale you are lucky to get .50- $1 so its def a step from that. I have shopped as well. There are a few things that could be much better. 1) put measurements of at least your jeans as well as the style name. I love to shop high end jeans,but haven't been successful once in ordering do to no info on what Im actually getting other then brand. 2) take better pictures. listing wrinkled items is just in poor taste. 3) your turnover time to give a estimate on a bag is pretty long that def needs to be speed up a bit.

ariela12
1/15/14

I am really confused about the reviews saying they are sending in great items and receiving pennies on the dollar. Where are these clothes on the site?? I have been looking on here for months. Everything is outdated and most are out of style. Yes they are kids clothes that I am buying but maybe they do not know most retailers print the manufacture date or season and year and the inside tag? I ordered 8 items that were gap, RL and one crewcuts. None were made before 2006. 2006!!! Their pricing is inconsitent (you will find the exact same item, same size for different pricing with no indication of excessive wear or any reason for a price difference) and a lot of times way off! Plus they seem to be completely unaware of sale pricing of places like gap and old navy. Why would I pay $7 for a used gap undershirt when I bought an identical one at Gap for $4.99? This site is great in theory, but until they get buyers who are familiar with kids clothes and fashions from the current decade (what a concept...), retailers pricing and other consignment store pricing, this place is a waste of time and money.

kylea13
1/11/14

If you enjoy feeling sick about something you've done, then this site is for you. We sent in a full bag of clothing and we were super disappointed in what we received as a credit. Now, I understand how someone might read that statement and think, "Well, you must have sent in a bunch of overused crap," but trust me, everything was in great condition, a number of items that still had the tag. Some of the items with tags (branded Baby Gap, Children's Place, etc.) didn't even get used! Hindsight is always 20/20, but we would have felt so much better had we just given our items to charity. Believe me... that's where it's going from now on. Aside from the example of them not using stuff with tags still attached, another of my favorites are the items we got 60 cents for that they sold for $12. Never again.

chloea6
1/11/14

I sent in a stuffed bag with exactly 15 items, including a $40 shirt from Khols and THREE pairs of good jeans. Everything in my bag was declined, so I got a total of $0.00! And it took them THREE MONTHS to process my bag! When I sent them an email, it took about two weeks for a real person to get back to me. I asked 2 questions- why were my clothes rejected and where did the clothes go since I did not get them back. For the first question, she provided photos of stains that were not there. And, I sent in my favorite shirt that was getting too small, and the photo of that showed that it had excessive peeling, not even I would wear it if it looked like that, and I wore it the day before I sent it in. It was crazy! The woman did not even answer my second question, she avoided it. And that $40 dollar shirt... rejected for LOW PRICE!!!! I was enraged. My advice- NEVER send a bag in to thredUP, you could get 20x the money they give you at any local consignment store!

crystalb4
1/10/14

I am very unsatisfied with the business practices of this website. I stuffed a bag full of my daughters expensive new clothing that didn't fit. 3 months later, i get a small bag back with a shirt inside. I look at my credits, everything had sold for over $80 and they put 7.40 as my credit amount, but took it all saying that it was used for shipping the bag back with that little shirt. I am so pissed off because i took my time to do this, and they basically stole my belongings and are selling it on their site, making money off it all, as i got nothing. I contacted customer service, and I get a reply that was half automated from "knitwits@thredup" that pretty much told me that they did nothing wrong and apparently it costs 9.99 for basic shipping of a perfectly fine T-Shirt. They will take your stuff, sell it, and you won't get anything (maybe a cent or two if your lucky). Your better off donating to charity and help children in need. These guys are greedy pricks. They make no effort as a business. Please don't support a company that scams people... BBB website complaints are through the roof! They reply to every complaint with fictional "facts"(making the customer look bad) but they do nothing to resolve. It's wrong to take a bag full of expensive new clothing and sell it all for a good 80.00 and say that they can't give you any money because they had to ship one thing back to you. It's disappointing.

pollyf1
1/9/14

The ability to browse through literally hundreds of clothing items in the comfort of your home can't be beat! I've ordered from thredup three times and been very pleased with most everything I ordered. The two items (out of 16 that I've ordered) that did not fit well I sent back and received a credit very quickly. Using the filter feature (for color, sizes, favorite brands, price, etc makes searching much easier since there are so many items to choose from. I will be a regular shopper I can tell. I don't like shopping at regular stores very often and love the incredible deals - especially since the quality is so good.

rhondas4
1/7/14

Love the site! It is the best way to buy used clothing if you don't use garage sales. (Blah!) They inspect all the clothing so you don't get something all worn out. The selection is really large and the quality is great! The sizing is hard because different brands are different. The selling part is super easy too and they will even donate what they don't take or send it back if you want. Their customer service is wonderful and they even just credited me shipping because I forgot to click a button, learning curve...
They are my new fave site.

reneen3
1/7/14

Everything about this site is good. Every piece of clothing I've bought from them is as good as they promise, the shipping rates are reasonable, and I can't say enough wonderful things about their credit system.

stephaniej10
1/6/14

I've purchased around 30 items from this company and received only two sweaters with holes and three pairs of wool pants with damage. (I got the sweaters for free... and I'm about to ask about the pants). I know what brands and sizes fit for me and that has helped. I love the 30 day return policy, I love the customer support, and I love the wide selection that I can't get at my local Salvation Army.

carriek11
1/1/14

I have always had a wonderful experience with ThredUp... Especially when they tun sales, their prices can't be beat... I will continue to browse and buy the many options available to me ☺️

julieb45
12/30/13

As other's have mentioned they are extremely picky when it comes to buying back clothing and payout very little. Better to just sell them on Ebay or Craigslist. However that pickiness pays off when you purchase because the clothes that I've bought are always in like-new condition and for a great price. It's the only place I will shop for my kids now.

monicak2
12/28/13

I love this site! Not only do they have great used (and some new!) clothing for kids, they also have women's which includes junior's and maternity! I've scored fantastic deals on maternity which kills to pay full price for when you only wear them a couple months. I bought nursing tops too which are in the process of shipping right now. The best perk is the referral program which gives you $10 for a referring a new customer who makes an order. They also get a perk for bring a new customer.
The customer service is outstanding too which came in handy when I entered the wrong shipping address. One quick email and everything was squared away within the hour. I recommend them up and down to everyone for purchasing used or new clothing. And now that I've had my baby I'm thinking of selling maternity clothing back to them through their cleaning out program. Can't wait to take advantage of that!

mandym9
12/27/13

I have ordered several times for myself and my children. Finding what I want is easy, shipping is fast, and the quality is amazing for used items. I love getting great items at a discount price. Most of the time we can't even tell they are previously loved.

daneitab
12/23/13

I love this site I am foster mom and it has kept my little people clothes. I get the items I order in a few days and well worth the value. I recently had my daughter christening and I order her dress from there the week of an we got it the day before and it was beautiful. Thank you!

amberh7
12/22/13

I absolutely love this site. As for myself, I have found tons of clothes that are like newor still have the tags. I love getting name brand clothes for a huge discount. Everything I have received has been what i expected or better. This also applies to the boys and girls clothes. Both of my kids grow out of their clothes so fast so to get name brand clothes so cheap, is a bonus. The website is easy to navigate thru and I use the filters to find just what I'm looking for. I have ordered 4 separate times and have been 100% satisfied with my orders. I tell everyone I know about this site.

trinityk
12/20/13

I absolutely LOVE ThredUp for buying clothes for my boys. And every time I've bought something it always ships quickly. However, I've bought some clothes for myself once....don't think I will ever do that again. Nothing fit. And the one pair of jeans I bought in "Womens" was actually a pair of little girls jeans; they were so tiny! I will just stick to buying clothes the kiddos and buy my own clothes from a a physica l store.

lindsays31
12/18/13

I love the prices on the clothes and I like the packaging it comes in. My disappointment was in my initial 1st bag I sent in, it took almost two months to process. I got a few emails saying they were really delayed but I would of used them again if they would've given me a 10$ credit for the long delay. I was also disappointed because I sent 30 items and only got 20 dollars. I thought what I was sending was quality, no stains, great condition and name brand. I do like to shop on here for my kids, who are 3 and 8. I love spending under 10 dollars for my son's Ralph Lauren Polos!! That is a great deal. I will continue to use Thred UP occasionally and I might try to use them again to sell my clothes. Overall, I would say this is a great company!

kf16
12/17/13

I ordered on December 2 and didn't get my clothes until december 16 exactly 2 weeks to ship my clothes! Way too long! I sent them to my dorm expecting them to come in less than 2 weeks so now I have to wait an additional 3 weeks to finally try them on but with that said I got a very good deal: already good prices but I used 15 dollars off so I just had to pay shipping. Had the clothes not been so cheap I would have given them two stars for shipping delay

lorip9
12/17/13

Easy to use and very good to my budget. I can find name brands without feeling bad about the money spent when they outgrow clothes every few months!! The new women's shop is great to reward myself too.

lorir14
12/16/13

I have used this site several times to get clothes for my daughters. They are age 2 and 4. I like that you can find items that are like new and cheaper than you could find in store. Everything I got was of excellent quality and shipped in a timely manner. I was super excited that I had gotten 2 $10 credits as well for referring friends to this site. Since I have used it they have added women's clothing. Although this is a nice option, I will probably only stick with kids clothes, as I am too oddly shaped to purchase without trying on first. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 was b/c they also have a program where u can give them your unwanted clothes which they will resell for you. They send me a free bag and would cover shipping. However they only except certain brands and the reviews I read said they didn't give near enough for store credit.
Overall I would reccomend this site to friends!

benitas
12/13/13

Although I may write a better review if speaking only to purchasing from Thredup, this review is specifically rating their Polka Dot Clean Out Bag/ Sell your items to them process. I have three words for you... DO NOT BOTHER!!!! It took them about 5 weeks to process my two overly stuffed bags and them I totally felt ripped off. I know I could've made more than double at my local store that purchases gently used clothing! I feel completely cheated and unsatisfied with this online site! As one example, I was paid .80 for something they have listed on their site at $10.49. They accepted most of my items, including expensive boots and shoes, in total 40-50 items and my payout is only $75. I'll donate to Goidwill next time.

leannf
12/12/13

I love ThredUp. The pictures show the item, but they are of a MUCH higher quality than the picture shows. I can never find the slight imperfection on the items that say they have one, and I'm very picky about clothes. Good site to shop. That being said, you will not receive much at all for clothes sent in, even had only cents given for a New With Tags item, but as long as you know that ahead, you should be fine. If you are there to shop, you will love it. If you are there to sell, as long as you are fine with a small amount, then you're golden. Better than cluttering up for a yard sale. Customer support is excellent, if something is not correct - they will refund you immediately. Overall great experience.

makedas1
12/7/13

I don't sell here, so I can't comment on that, but buying is great. The shipping is usually less than two weeks and the clothes are what they look like in the pictures and fit great. I bought a heavy jacket and jeans most recently for under ten dollars and I couldn't be happier.

smiths24
12/5/13

Sorry, I was hopeful at first but not impressed. The cost of the items is ridiculous, Items I sent in your asking $20 for I only paid $5 with sales ticket still attached. My Payout sucked and then the way you worded the return assurance when I ordered my bag and it did not show on my bill until my clothes sold and then you charged me for it so you didn't have to pay me out. I was going to buy clothes on here and then continue my use of your site but now I am done, waste of my time! Again too expensive!

kims51
12/4/13

I have been buying from Thredup.com for 3 years. I have recommended this site to alot of moms. I have never had any problem with the clothes that I have bought, however I am not happy with the latest amount I was given for my clothes I sent it. In the past I would receive around $35 for my clothes, but since the site has become more popular they are taking less clothes. The last bag I sent in I only got $13 for. It is a great site to buy from for good prices, but don't expect to get alot for your clothes that you send in.

jennp8
12/3/13

I have had mediocre success shopping on Thredup.com; one order was well worn despite being marked as "like new," but two others were more on par to ratings. In the interest of time/energy I did not make a formal complaint or return the item. In terms of pricing, I have noticed sales at Kohls, Marshalls, and Nordstrom Rack of new items are often cheaper than the identical used products available. This deters me from shopping on the site more frequently. Again, with small children running around the house the notion of online shopping is certainly tempting, but it is not necessarily saving me money on quality items.

In terms of selling, I have mixed feelings about my experience sending in a bag. I am thrilled clothing is no longer sitting in my closet. However, the amount I received for the clothing I sent in was a fraction of what I would have likely gotten at the consignment store down the street from my home. It was the convenience of mailing it that lured me, and not having to follow-up with collecting cash etc. I was happy to have "store credit" towards additional items.

annah42
12/1/13

I have done a significant amount of shopping on thredup, and while I do like it, there are many things that need to be improved. Here are a few things that would keep me coming back:

1. Display all clothing items on body forms. I recently purchased two sweaters that were photographed lying flat, so I had no way of telling how they were supposed to fit. One ended up being a long tunic, while the other was cropped. I never would have purchased either if I'd known.

2. More photographs, please! I'd like to know what the back of those jeans looks like before I pay money for them.

3. More fit information, including measurements. I recently bought a pair of jeans that was obviously a petite/short size, but weren't listed as such. This could have been solved by someone getting out a measuring tape and taking ten seconds to actually measure the inseam. Additionally, pants should have more information about the cut and style. I accidentally bought my son bootcut jeans because the style wasn't clear from the listing.

4. Fabric content and care information should ALWAYS be listed. Those things matter to me when buying clothes, but it seems to be an exception on this site.

5. Here's the biggest one: Currently, if you need to make a return, not only do you have to pay for return shipping, but they also don't refund you the full purchase price for the item. So when I return those $35 jeans I bought (see #3, above), not only will they give me about $30 back, but I will also have to pay $5 to send them back. Suddenly, I'm out almost a third of what I paid for them in the first place, when I could probably resell them myself for what I originally paid. If they want to keep my business, they need to start either covering return shipping OR refunding in full.

6. Shipping and processing time for orders is super slow. Like, two weeks for an order.

7. Almost everything I've gotten smells like thrift shop. Like, stale laundry detergent and cigarettes. Gross. Why is service so slow for both buyers and sellers if you're not washing stuff?

Honestly, the only thing that keeps me coming back at all is that the prices are really reasonable. I've gotten cashmere sweaters for $30, jeans for my son for $5, and all of it's in great condition. Still, shopping on this site is a gamble, and I've lost more than a few times. Any other retailer would not get my business a second time.

jocelynb3
12/1/13

I absolutely love this site! I check it frequently and have purchased from them several times. They have high standards on what they accept and inspect every item before posting. They'll pay you for your items and they even give you credit if you get friends to sign up. I have purchased several items this way and those friends still thank me for introducing them to the site.

erical5
11/24/13

Thredup is an excellent site to buy clothes. In the past few months, I have bought clothes several times. The clothes arrived in excellent condition. I love the fact that there is a 30 day return policy. The clothes arrived rather quickly after ordering them and were very professionally packaged. New arrivals are posted daily on the site and I have become addicted to finding great deals which are always available. I have sent in several bags of clothes. The drawback was that Thredup does not pay as much as one might expect. However, it's an easy way to get rid of clothes and use the earnings toward future purchases. I love this site!

staceb
11/21/13

This is a very good idea really poorly executed both for the consigner and the buyer.
They pay much less than brick and mortar consignment stores so if you have a local store in your area, definitely check them out first. They also reject items for no apparent item and claim they were stained or otherwise damaged even if they are new. If you want your rejected clothes returned, you have to pay 10 bucks IN ADVANCE instead of them letting you know what they've rejected and letting you decide. You could conceivably pay the $10 and have no rejects and just lose the money. Plus it takes at least 6 weeks for them to process your bag. From the shopping perspective, it depends on what you are buying. It is pretty good for kids clothes. However, if you want a pair of jeans, good luck. You might know that Lucky Brand jeans in the Sofia size 6 fits you, but they will only list it as Lucky Brand jeans with no further description about the cut. There is only one picture for all items so you can't see the back of anything. They could be selling way more clothing if they described the items at all. Really weird that they haven't figured this stuff out.

laurak33
11/20/13

What's not to love? Fast, easy shopping online. Purchases arrive quickly. And you save a ton of money.

mariep11
11/15/13

I have purchased from Thredup several times and got great deals on clothes for my kid and myself. After reading all the horrible reviews on NEVER to sell to them, I decided to just donate my kid's clothing to Goodwill. Better tax write off then what I would get from Thred up. That's too bad! They are losing lots of customers.

elizabetht13
11/14/13

Love thredup great children clothing huge discounts on great clothing. Fast delivery. The people who run the website do a fantastic job looking for flaws, if they find one it is noted. I usually save over 300.00 every time I shop with thredUp!

julial12
11/12/13

I always have a good experience shopping on Thredup.com - they sell only items in excellent condition which they carefully inspected. once they noticed a flaw, even the tiniest flaw which I could not even see, they offered the item for free. I like how everything is laid out and easily filtered. Now they have items for adults, not only kids which is great! They do have many items though so be prepared to take some time to browse.

jenniferm53
11/12/13

I have another place to find great buys!!! Things I've received I've loved! I can sort on the brand I want and by the size for easy viewing. I can look at every few days to do a quick run through! And sending clothes in....wow, where have I been that was super easy? How many clothes have I donated the past few years that I could've split donations and send some to ThredUp. I just applied money earned to other clothing for key and essential pieces. I love it! It's innovative and I know it has to be very time consuming to picture and catalog each piece of clothing...maybe in due time more description can come into play. I love it!

lorir12
11/8/13

I love Thredup.com.I have always received wonderful quality and prices from them.I have also appreciated the reasonable delivery time of the clothing I've purchased.

jaredh13
11/1/13

They have great brands in almost perfect condition. I have never been disappointed with anything I have received from them.

jenniferk22
10/31/13

I was able to get some great kids items at great prices for back to school - 5 pairs of jeans for my kindergartener for less than $30! I noticed recently that there seems to be a shift towards high end items (Ralph Lauren, Janie and Jack) and away from practical, everyday stuff (Carters and Osh Gosh). I hope this is just temporary and due to no inventory being available. I like to buy really nice stuff at a good price, but what will keep me shopping here regularly will be the ability to buy everyday clothes at a great price.

lynnb36
10/31/13

I started out liking this site because you couldn't beat the prices you were getting some really nice items for your children. But I too have had issues with the customer service. I've sent in a few bags and were told they could not sell them because they were dirty but could not give me any proof they were dirty. I wash everything but the new with tags. A couple of my new with tags items they "wouldn't sell" because they said there were missing buttons (on a swimsuit).

The things they did accept and sell I received the minimum amount (.90 for a brand new winter coat from Land's End). They sold for $12. I'll never send anything to sell to them again.

Also, I've made an inquiry as to way all of the e-mail ads now are for the WOMEN'S clothing? I use to get at least 2 e-mails a week about kids clothes. Now I only get email ads about the women's stuff. Their response was I need to set my e-mail up better to accept all their e-mails. Why would I have to change it if I wasn't having issues before.

You can never get a straight answer from them or proof if you challenge a decision they made. I don't shop here anymore.

brittneym1
10/30/13

I usually sing praises about thredup.com to everyone I know... I LOVE that its used clothing (great for environment and budget) and that I can shop online, instead of having to drag my kid into a store and then "hunt" for clothes for her. Their prices seem pretty good to me and the quality I've received has been awesome (they gave me a shirt for free once because it had the tiniest bleach stain that I would never had seen had they not put a sticker on it!). I will continue to buy from them (just placed an order yesterday!)

I have been disappointed with the selling side of their business though. I have sent in 4-5 bags of clothing and only received less than $10 total!! I would have just donated the cloths anyway, but I had hoped to make more, so I could buy more. I will most likely not sell to them again in the future. I did sell some of my (women's) clothes and made $60, which was much better. They can sell adult clothing for more, so your payout on these items is also more. Its easy for me to order a bad, stuff it and put on my doorstep for the UPS guy to pick up... but with the kids clothing payout being so little, will most likely not do that again.

jayw26
10/29/13

Had purchased a few things from them on a different occasion with no issues. Then bought several more items from them and they sent me an email saying "Your order has been flagged, please contact customer support." No other information was given as to what the issue was. I'm not sure why it was my job to contact them. I don't believe the impetus should be on the customer to resolve an unknown issue, especially when they have taken your money. In the years that I have been ordering things online issues have come up multiple times. Customer service has always emailed or called me proactively to resolve problems, not the other way around. So, I waited a few days and noticed that my bank account had still been charged for the order. I assumed that whatever the issue was had been resolved. I waited about a week, never received any email updates with shipping and never received any items. I checked my bank account and no refund had been given. I waited a little while longer and then contacted them. They responded saying "Since we did not receive a response to the flag notification, your order was cancelled." This was news to me. I had to contact them in order to have them tell me that my order had been cancelled. Not to mention that I was not refunded my money until I contacted them weeks later. You would think that this would have been done automatically upon the cancellation of an order. This kind of customer service, if you want to call it that, made me decide never recommend them or do business with them again.

karena18
10/28/13

I can't say enough about thredup.com! I have had great experiences submitting clothes for sale and buying clothes for my 2 kids. The first time I got a box in the mail, I felt like I'd spent hundreds of dollars at a premium clothing store - all the items were like new, and were folded beautifully in tissue paper and a gorgeous box. A couple of items I ordered had tiny flaws that I would not have even noticed, but thredup alerted me to the fact and included them in my package for free! Submitting clothes is super easy, and I'm always pleasantly surprised at how much I get for a bag that I've sent in. I hope thredup is around for a long time! My kids are 5 and almost 3, and I order clothes from the site every season!

revadrienet
10/27/13

I am very happy shopping with thredup. I get lovely dresses for my daughter that I would normally never buy because of price. I like the idea of recycling clothes. I think it's kinder to the environment. Reading other reviews, I've decided to not send clothes to thredup but to sell on eBay instead - more work but more control of your price.

carriel14
10/26/13

I felt like I found a platinum mine when I discovered ThredUp. My experience with ThredUp has been as yet only as a buyer, and so far I have been extremely happy with them. I have placed at least 7 orders with them since I discovered the site in early August and am absolutely THRILLED that I am able to purchase high-end clothing at such amazing prices. Everything, even the items advertised as having "tiny flaws", is in a practically new condition, some even with the tags still attached. Depending on when I order (whether it's on a weekend or weekday), they usually ship within one or two days, and my items reach me more often than not less than a week from my order date.

While I haven't yet had the experience of selling my clothing to them, I have researched their clothing acceptance policies, and I see nothing different than any other consignment store with which I've dealt, except perhaps that their standards might be higher. It's not uncommon for stores that make it their business to sell 2nd-hand clothing in such amazing condition to be extremely choosy in what they accept -- one such store only accepted two pieces in my bagful of items, because the others weren't current enough in style. That's the way ThredUp works. I love that they are choosy, because it means I can trust the items I buy from them to be top quality and in top condition.

lindad40
10/26/13

Love this place! All the items I have ordered were in excellent condition and my daughter loves them!! I recommend this site to everyone with kids!

heatherc17
10/24/13

As a customer, I have been pleased with all of my purchases, both for my 2 little girls and myself. As a consignor, I have chosen to take the girls' outgrown clothing to local consignment stores rather than send it to ThredUp. I've never been thrilled with the credit I receive and I am a little skeptical as to what happens to the items they deem "unacceptable."

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have already verified my credit card also my facebook and my phone number I even got a twitter account and it still sayin I don't have level 1 verification but when I go to my profile it says im level 3 anybody have any ideas?
6/9/13
jessicah27
A: I want to buy something from here,but i am very iffy about it. I have a 10$ off code and the shipping is only 2.99$ Good deal,but it seems too good to be true? Is this site 100% legit? Who has actually bought from here?
5/26/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for thredUP