US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

charismam

I've never dealt with a person from TU so I can't attest to customer service. (in 198 reviews)

kimberlyp14

I don't understand all the negative reviews about selling items. What did you expect? (in 884 reviews)

jenniferm189

I sent in very high quality clothes (primarily Theory). (in 833 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

samis19

Love this site!

serenal5
1/20/16

I always receive my packages in a timely manner, and the money I receive in exchange for my "clean out bag" items are always fair.
THANKS THREADUP

pattyr12
1/20/16

Purchased 2 shirts for my daughter, using money in my account with three up, plus a 20 percent off discount code and free shipping. Needless to say super excited, items got here in a timely manner and in perfect shape. Mt daughter loves her new shirts.

carmenl25
1/20/16

I ordered several items and among them a sweater listed as a size Medium. When it got here, the packing slip said medium but the sweater was actually a size Small. It's just too much hassle to return it for store credit. I am disappointed with this careless mistake.

erikal13
1/20/16

Items are good quality and good price. easy returns.

coll586
1/20/16

This is the third time I've ordered from thredUP and have been very happy with each purchase. This time was important - a coat for my granddaughter to wear in her mom's outdoor wedding. It was the perfect color, fit and in great condition (I added a fake fur collar to match her mom's new wedding coat). So happy with it!

jenniferb179
1/20/16

the pants i just received fit well and no marks or rips on them

ging103
1/20/16

Considering the fact that Thredup pays to ship my clothes to them and that they take on the risk and overhead costs associated with selling the clothes, I am very pleased with what I received for my bag of clothing. I think anybody who understands the financial aspects of retail should be pleased. Also, Thredup shares on their site their payout structure. I did my homework, so I knew what to expect. I didn't send anything I knew they wouldn't take and expected, as they stated on their site, they would take about half, which they about did. I used my credit to buy a couple things I would never have bought new (like some beautiful Cole-Haan shoes that were more comfortable than any shoes I've ever owned!). I've ordered from them 3 times and overall, been very happy. One item was not quite the condition I'd expected, but customer service was incredible. I am addicted now and have full bag ready to ship again!

brendas73

AWESOME!!!!

bethf15
1/20/16

I love looking for quality clothes for me and my kids on this site.

ashleyd56
1/20/16

Great experience. No complaints or concerns whatsoever.

melissaa34
1/20/16

I ordered a number of white dresses for my photography studio as well as a number of items for my girls. 3 of the items that were labeled as white dresses were clearly tops when I recieved them. Most of these tops were not even tunic length. All of the items were beautiful and clean. I will order again.

heatherh50
1/20/16

I love this site! The clothes were great, I had to return one item and had no issue at all. Great quality, even better prices!

jenniferm176
1/20/16

Overall my experience has been okay. I got a skirt that was described as navy that was actually black- that was disappointing. But when several things didn't work out from my other order I was so grateful I could return them!!
What stinks is the return took quite awhile to process and I missed a 20% off free shipping sale because I was waiting to use my return credit!! I guess I will justhave to wait until the next on comes along!

michellem142
1/20/16

I have purchased and sold via ThredUp and have great experiences on both sides. Great customer service, fast shipping.

tracyg45
1/20/16

Received an item that was not as expected, had a stain on it. The return process was simple and easy. Only surprise was that it took so long for item credit to be processed once returned. Excellent communications by customer service throughout the entire process.

melissat33
1/20/16

This is my second purchase from ThredUP. Great prices, good description of the items I'm purchasing and love the prices!

jaymew4
1/20/16

I have made 2 purchases with ThredUp so far and to say I am very satisfied is an understatement. The selection of name brands and styles are vast and the amount I am able to buy is awesome because I am saving so much money. The hardest part is the anticipation of when my items will arrive. As someone who loves to buy clothes but is constantly looking for a deal, I am obsessed with this site!

elizabethc124
1/20/16

Great service received handling a return

carolk47
1/20/16

I have ordered a few things which I was pleased with. Nearly new, arrived promptly. My only hesitation is the amount of time it takes to view all the available pieces. Need to be able to really narrow down the choices

mollyf5
1/20/16

Liked 2/3 of my order, have sent the other piece back, still awaiting refund. Overall good experience.

maryw154
1/20/16

Colors were as pictured, fit was perfect, and you can't beat the price.

dorothys34
1/20/16

All my purchases were as described and arrived OK except ONE. It was one of the lighted santa claus pictures and the backing paper was completely torn.

olgav11
1/20/16

The selection is literally spell binding! You will spend hours looking at all the possibilities, wondering how you, or your significant other, will look in this, or that.The descriptions are very accurate and you are getting the real deal, not some cheep knock off. Enjoy and buy!

annetteh19
1/20/16

I ordered my normal sizes and nothing for. For myself I really need to try things on.

deons7
1/20/16

In placing my most recent order, I used the code supplied to receive a 20% discount on my purchase, plus free shipping. Through no fault of my own, the code supplied and entered when placing my order, did not work and I was charged the full price plus shipping. Called and left message to correct the problem and received no response. Had to resort to e-mail, which was answered and credit is supposed to be applied. A buyer should not have to go through a frustrating and time consuming experience like this.

annap55
1/20/16

Pick up clothes was great. Amount given for clothes was really bad and I did not receive a statement of clothes donated so I can use that as a tax deduction. I will try one more bag and see how that goes. Great idea

marif5
1/20/16

I still have not received an update regarding my return. I have learned that the return process for Thredup is a long one. I would not recommend returning items through this website.

claireo3
1/19/16

I really enjoyed my shopping experience with thredUP. My items arrived in a timely manner too.

My one suggestion is...can you please allow for more items to show up on the page so that I don't have to keep hitting the next button to view more items? Maybe have a VIEW ALL button?

Thanks again!

maryf91
1/19/16

The shipping was a little slow. The items come nicely packaged. Some items are not as nice as expected. It would cost more to return the item I was not satisfied with. Other items received were like new, I was very pleased.

hillk
1/19/16

The quality of the items I ordered was excellent

samanthat16
1/19/16

I am a hard-to-fit size 6 with a high waist. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to try the selection at ThredUp. With free shipping and free returns, I'm able to have a no-worries shopping experience.

denisel34
1/19/16

Always pleased with my orders, can't believe the savings ! Great style finds great prices!!!!!!!!

barbarag57
1/19/16

The pants were in great condition and so very stylish!!

rebeccam72
1/19/16

Great product, excellent service, and easy returns! Thank you!

sarahz20
1/19/16

ThredUp shipped and delivered promptly and the clothing items were laundered, folded neatly and packed well. Some of the items did not fit correctly and the return process was very easy. Having multiple return options is a nice plus!

carolt39
1/19/16

it was very easy to send clothing that I no longer wore to ThredUp. They kept me in the loop with e-mails where they were in the process.

gretchenc2
1/19/16

Everything I have ordered from ThredUp has been in top notch condition and even though I live in Hawaii right now, shipping has been fast. My only complaint is that I can't get a clean out box here in Hawaii, but when we move again, I'll have plenty to send in!

jasmineg17
1/19/16

All of my items were in a like new condition. Absolutely loved them!

barbarac87
1/19/16

I love designer clothes and with thredUP, I can afford them!

kd44
1/19/16

I ordered two items and never received a confirmation email or an email saying the items had been shipped, but my card was charged the full amount.

I reached out the the customer service email and had to type and send my question twice, replying directly to the emails as requested, and it looks like they still were not getting my emails. I called their customer service line and left a voicemail but still have not heard back.

I have been keeping an eye on my order status and just learned that it has been shipped but is taking 10 days to get to me... in the continental US, you can travel form California to Virginia in less time.

Cute idea and some really cute stuff but this will be my first and final purchase from the site. As a used clothing online store, you need to be more transparent and on top of communication glitches.

maxinem6
1/19/16

I just love what I picked and they came in perfect condition.
Staff are really sweet and ready to help with questions.

lynnes18
1/19/16

The first item I ordered, a sweater, it was too small for a Medium and I didn't care for the fabric so I returned it. I inadvertantly selected store credit instead of getting my money back so I had to order something else. The second time I ordered I selected a zip-up hoody and a hat. I was once again disappointed with the size and the material. Instead of returning the items I donated them to a local charity.

cyndid1
1/19/16

I was buying & selling in tandem to thredup & liketwice (liketwice sold out to eBay so boohoo I just keep my stuff now until another reputable company opens.). I was only sending thredup items liketwice did not buy (because of brands like Old Navy, Nautica ect.) Mind you I was sending the exact same quality including like new & new with tags to both companies at the same time. Liketwice always bought over half my box & paid me a fair price I was always happy with. Meanwhile thredup always rejected EVERYTHING new with tags & would either reject my entire box or buy on or buy 2-6 items at a very unreasonable price. Now, mind you I was sending 20-30 plus items to both companies at the same time! It did not take long to figure out this was not a company to deal with & when I did use my credit to purchase (and had to pay out of pocket because the of prices) the item I received was of less quality from what they had rejected from myself. (faded & worn) So NOPE!!! & What a shame because I love the concept of selling your clothes to a site then re-buying. I made well over $500 with liketwice. This company's goal seems to be to get inventory but not long term costumers. See how many suckers will send us boxes of $$$. Stay Away! Donate or sell them yourself instead!

kellyd65
1/18/16

Thread up rocks. So much easier that hunting the local thrift stores. Great values and deals to be found.

lindap109

Wonderful

tinav12
1/18/16

Easy ordering, easy returns, great prices, great selection. All the clothes I have bought are delivered in like new condition. Love this site!

lonniew7
1/18/16

First began with purchase that had to be returned because of size. The co. sent a postage paid slip for the package and efficiently credited my account. A few days later I purchased a sweater, received it and love it. Very well done.
My only comment is that, in my opinion, I receive too many emails each day.
Currently I am deleting them and if I am shopping mood, I get on to the site.
Thanks.

lauram145
1/18/16

Great selection and timely shipping.

aannas
1/18/16

I love Thred Up! I have gotten many items that I've been needing for a fraction of the normal cost! I have invited my family members to the site.

64 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 days ago
Add your answer
3 days ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the thredUP staff and other customers.

6 Photos for thredUP