US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kimberlyp14

I don't understand all the negative reviews about selling items. What did you expect? (in 288 reviews)

erind18

Getting credit for the clothes I turn in is exciting. (in 286 reviews)

janea18

They have great clothes, at great prices and their customer service has always been amazing. (in 60 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rachela12
4/24/14

I've shopped twice so far and only 2 piece of clothing had problems out of the 16 I got. I only bought the clothes they marked "like new", however one pair of jeans had obviously mended by thread before on the inside thigh area, which I noticed but not a huge deal. Another piece they marked for size 0-2 but when I got it it's so big that obviously it's wrong size. But then it was like $6 so I wasn't really mad. I can't comment on the pay they give to sellers yet, though I sent a bag few days ago but those are the clothes I plan to donate anyway, nothing real fancy. Overall the shopping experience was enjoyable, price is reasonably low, only thing I dislike is shipping, which usually takes about 2 weeks from the day you ordered and it's probably the slowest shipping I've ever seen.

rebeccan9
4/21/14

I have no complaints with ThredUp.com. The pricing is fair on quality, to-date clothing, orders arrive in a timely matter (in CUTE packaging) and all returns I've made, the credit appeared on my account within a reasonable time. I am a fan!

angelc15
4/18/14

Here is what Ive noticed...I have sent in several bags and of course, higher end items are not purchased, only the pieces they give a few cents on.. What happends to the new with tag pieces i sent?..I can not get tax credit because they dont really seem to be connected to tax outlet. I used Thredup AND Twice and altho TWICE rejects a lot too they state most things are out of date or stained..hmmm.. Its odd that both these companies are located in the same area, one takes brands the other doesnt and they kind of do the same thing, hmm, i wonder if our NWT and better pieces are being sold on TWICE????? might do to have a look on that site and see if your items are there...But at least with twice you can get a tax statement for items they claimed they can not use. But somehow im wondering IF these are the same company with a different name? one buys the higher end pieces and one l really onlys buy the lower end pieces, hmmm ...Thredup can be sending higher end to Twice, while Twice might be sending lower end pieces to Thredup for resale, Im not sure but I will not use EITHER of these site EVER again...And another thing, try and go and leave a comment or feedback on Thredups site, blogs and such, They monitor any comment left and have to approve it first, hmmm THATS A RED FLAG!!!!!

stellac3
4/18/14

Have used ThredUp several times for selling and buying and have been generally happy. The clothing I sent has sold, and the credit I received for that allowed me to buy me and my daughter a new spring wardrobe. The downsides are that generally shopping online does not allow you to anticipate fit, so a pair of jeans is a bit of a gamble. However, it's only a $10 gamble. My only disappointment with ThredUp is how difficult they make it to get a new bag to fill - you have to "order" it, and if you forget to do so when you order clothing, they won't just send you one to follow...you have to put in a whole new order, which is just annoying. Overall, I like it and plan to use it again!

jenniferv12
4/16/14

You barely get anything. Such a rip off!!

ashleyr20
4/16/14

Like being able to find vintage Gymboree. But some times the prices are high and the descriptions are not accurate. Wish they had more coupons for loyal customer not just new customers. Some times they way over price certain brands and have to many junky brands way of dated kids stuff.

I would never send anything in to sell, the payout is bad and the rejected items in perfect condition etc. they pay you penny's and turn around and charge $$ I know that's the nature of the business but they are a rip off.

mb70
4/14/14

I have had wonderful experiences buying from them, but I will not sell to them again. Ive cashed in about 6 bags now. The first two bags I sent got decent payouts, but the last two bags I sent in I really feel were ripped off. I sent brand new apple bottom jeans with tags, in-box Liz Claiborne peep toes, and a this season Nicole Miller tunic...but they payed out for the worn, off -brand stuff I bought at Ross!?!

To be honest, they tell you upfront they don't pay well, but their consistency and transparency sucks! I prefer to know where my clothes go and what they are doing with them... cuz im starting to think they are selling them elsewhere, or their employees are compensated with cool new duds.

Also worth noting, I have used the Return Assurance program...I listed everything they returned as a lot on Ebay and made $100 after fees and shipping. Yes!

Bottom line, shopping is great, but I wont supply them anymore. I no longer trust them and encourage anyone to think twice before selling to them.

caroln6
4/14/14

I too got ripped off from thredUp. I sent in all of my beautiful items that I should have given to friends, it's like they went thru it, picked out what they wanted, then offered me $5.00. Give me a break. They have 130 negative reviews filed with the BBB as of today. I also kept a detailed list of what I sent in and checked first to see if they would accept it. All the nicer garments like linen slacks and blouses from Nordstrom they didn't accept. Never again. I just gave to charity, I guess.

sylvial3
4/13/14

I sent 36 DESIGNER items. They gave me $0.95 for one item and discarded the rest. I DON'T TRUST THEM! I WILL NEVER EVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN! I would rather have given my designer clothes to a charity! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

susane24
4/12/14

I was very happy with the items I bought for my grandson although the selection on the website was not very good
I will NOT sell to them again. They only took 3 of the items I sent out of the entire full bag. Would have gotten more from a local second-hand shop. Would like to be able to verify where unpurchased items go

janac2
4/12/14

I have only had good experiences with TredUp so far. I'm surprised at the complaints I see here. ThredUp doesn't hide what they pay for the clothes that are sent in. You can see on their desktop site how much they pay each person for each item. You can even use their payout calculator to see how much you will most likely receive for your clothing. My buying experiences have been great. The customer service is fast and friendly, and you can return your purchases for free if they don't work out. I have nothing but good things to say.

lvc2
4/11/14

I am surprised by the negative review they've gotten. To be fair, I have had mostly positive experience with them through buying. I don't bother selling through them cuz I want to be in control of what sells and how much I get for them.... so I have only bought from them. Customer service has been great so far. 5 out of 10 orders will have minor issues, but can be easily squared away with a simply phone call to customer service. A couple of items they automatically refunded me a couple of items that I ordered and they found minor defects with them at packaging. I was impressed. Common issues are due to not-so-detailed description, it's hard to tell if certain kids item fit large or small cuz as we moms all know different brands' sizing is different and even within the same brand, the same size clothes could vary in actual size. And some sweaters shrink after wash and they run too short.... wish that was noted in there as well. I think their employees sorting through the clothing, some are not too familiar with kids clothing, sizing, or brands. Some are not familiar with maternity or nursing wear.

A few suggestions
1. provide more photos and more detailed descriptions. Such as makeup of the fabric, or if the item runs large or small.
2. create a category "outfits" for kids. That would be popular.
3. I am willing to buy brand new under garments on their site (bras, shapewear, etc...)

Overall I have no problem ordering from them again cuz with the few problems I have had, they were all taken care of in a timely fashion. And I have recommended them to others.

ananam
4/11/14

Sent a huge bag and they took about 6 pieces, most for 50 cents. Plus it took them two months, they didn't even email me after they placed the clothing for sale and offered the payout. In addition, I placed a blouse in a bag and remembered it had a hole in it after I mailed it. That's one of the few blouses they took. Their site says near perfect clothing yet they accepted a blouse with a hole in it. I won't be shopping or sending stuff there, none of my friends will either. Twice is much better, I'll be sticking with them.

stacik
4/10/14

The first time I sent in a bag of clothes, the payout was decent and I considered it fair. The 2nd two bags I sent in, I felt that items were drastically undervalued. To give you some idea, I sent in 2 kids Osh Kosh winter coats brand new with tags and they paid me 80 cents each for them! I have ordered clothes from them and was happy with my purchase (but feel badly for the people who probably got paid 25 cents for their brand new with tags items that I bought for like $ 20!). I will never send in clothes to them again. Honestly, you would probably make out better just donating your clothes to a charity and taking the tax deduction.

angelc14
4/9/14

wow, im freaked out now, ive sent them at least 15 bags, stuffed with higher end pieces and i have not opted for the return assurance. None of my bags have been processed yet but after reading all these negative comments about how they pay out and decide what to pay for, and then basically steal your pieces by not paying for them at all then selling them on the site anyway? wtf... im worried and stessed. I know the items i sent i could have sold on Tradesy or Poshmark...Now i just feel screwed and they havent even got to my bags yet.. Just way more negatives here then positives,WAY MORE.....and ive read every POST made by buyers and sellers..I wish i would have found this 2 weeks ago...dammit.....BUT in fairness i will post if i have a positive transaction with them but will wait untill ALL my bags are cleared first.. Im hoping for the best but the boxes i have packed now to ship them, will wait in the corner..After all the reading ive done here ,if you average it out, there is 10 negatives to each 1 simi positive experiance with this company,,,thats a RED FLAG.. something is off...lets hope for a positive here at the end...

rachelg18
4/9/14

I have a love/hate relationship with ThredUp. I have probably ordered from it about 10 times. I love getting my daughter gently used girls clothing from ThredUp. It is a cheap way to buy very cute outfits. For example last year I bought her a like new gymboree Easter dress for $7.99. The girls clothing has always been excellent quality even if it was sold "flawed".
I have also bought some women's and maternity items from ThredUp. Two tops that I recently purchased had small holes in them but were marked like new. I occasionally buy flawed items, but those items have always been marked flawed. Had I known they had holes I would not have bought them since both items were sweaters and I had planned to wear them to work. With sweaters holes tend to get larger. I contacted ThredUp regarding this issue and they never responded. I also purchased maternity clothing from ThredUp and the one item was marked maternity but when I received it it was obviously a nursing top ( the tag said nursing wear). I use the item now postpregnancy, but again I would not have purchased it if I had known it was a nursing top, since I wanted a black maternity top.
My final complaint about ThredUp is that I wish they offered something for customer loyalty. I can always find codes on the internet for 20-30% off but they are only for new customers. It would be great if there were occasionally similar discounts offered to those who purchase frequently. I know they have referral credits, but I don't blog or solicit my friends.
I have never sold to ThredUp so I cannot speak to that part of their service.
I would give them 1 star for customer service, 3 stars for women's clothing, and 5 for children's. Will I continue to shop from ThredUp? Yes, but probably only for my children.

ap437
4/8/14

I've only bought from the site and the app, never sold through it, so keep that in mind. That said, I've had nothing but great experiences! I've bought women's clothing, maternity clothing, girls' clothing, and boys' clothing, all with no problems. The quality has always been exactly as described. When it comes to fit, I generally only buy brands I know my size/fit in, so I've had no real problems with that - on occasion I've had a piece just not look as great as I wanted, but in that case it was cheap enough that I didn't really mind just passing it on to a friend. The free shipping on orders over a certain amount is really attractive to me.

Both the website and app are convenient and easy to use. I like that I can save filters or favorite brands, which carry to the app. I don't usually shop via apps because I usually find the experience somewhat lacking but the ThredUp app is incredibly simple to browse and buy from, and incredibly intuitive.

The clothes take a few days to arrive but I don't use ThredUp for things I need TOMORROW so that doesn't bother me - I use it to stock up on sizes and styles I need in brands I like. All in all I will absolutely continue buying from ThredUp and as my kids grow will probably sell through them as well!

rachelb25
4/7/14

DO NOT SEND THEM CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was a customer for a few years, but I have grown frustrated and unhappy with the service. The pay-off rates are awful. I started using the site when they offered the box exchanges. They keep changing for the worst. I ended up leaving. It looks like they have tried to change their ways, but, little too late.
There are better returns and customer service from other competitors.
Look elsewhere.

mb69
4/6/14

If you want to buy cloths there, is okay. Just be aware that they just ripoff to who ever send their clothes to be resell in that scam of company! They don't pay you well and they will keep all the cloths you send no matter if they pay or not for it! They say whatever did not pass their standards will be donated! Really? I'm sure this company is making a killing on taxes by just donating other peoples clothes!

ee30
4/5/14

I sold and bought from them. Don't go in with vaunted expectations - I sold to them because it was easy and convenient, and my stuff is mid-range brands like Gap, Loft, BCBGMaxazaria, etc.

What I made I used to shop. The best way to shop the site is to comb the new arrivals. There is a TON of stuff that no one buys that just sits around. It took a lot of browsing for me to find some things that I wanted.

So, shipping. It takes a few days to get clothes, which is OK for me. Two of the pieces I ordered are great, but the other one is actually vintage, and I felt, had a very different cut and style than it appeared to in the pictures and description. It turns out that I would have to pay for the return, and it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Like a previous reviewer said, just know there's about a chance (in my case 1/3) that you won't like what you get, and like me, you'll probably be stuck with it because it doesn't make sense to ship something back that you paid $15 for.

dellam2
4/4/14

I love shopping thredup and now even more since they have womans. I have placed several orders for my nephews and the items have been great, perfect for little boys that grow out of things so quick. I love a good deal so I was super excited when they started offering woman. I have never sent in items so I cant comment on that part, but I can say first hand I love shopping there. And I refer them to everyone, so I love there credits they give you for referrals. One thing I would change is the detailing, I would like for it to tell me more.

sb72
4/3/14

I have placed more than 10 orders from this website, and the clothing has consistently been in good or excellent condition. On the rare occasions when I have had an issue with an order, customer service has been quick to respond and address the problem. I regularly recommend them to others.

lacys26
4/2/14

I've only bought, never sold and I have been disappointed too many times. I've gotten children's clothes sent as womens clothing, clothing for my daughter was not the size advertised and most recently a pair of black pants with a hole the size of a quarter on the butt!! They claim to check everything before ships!?!? Even worse is there ridiculously long shipping time, they are in California and I am in MN, my last shipment took 2 weeks(!!!!) to get to me!! I have ordered stuff from China that has come quicker.

asht93
3/31/14

I buy from thred up occasionally. They have a great selection but are missing a few key points from each listing. They do not note WHAT the flaws are on items they say have flaws... I bought one pair of pale green pants that ended up having what looked like splattered coffee stains throughout the thigh and mid leg area. They were not wearable. I have had some good experiences though- I have gotten several expensive items for less than $7 on this site. I am not sure how they figure out their pricing as it seems a lot of items are very overpriced, while other items are very underpriced. They could probably get better prices if they described each item more and also included some measurements! I have never consigned with them or sold them clothing- I have heard they pay less than you would get for the same items at a yard sale. Easier to just donate to charity and take the tax write off. One issue I had with them was when I ordered a dress, listed as a women's brand and size. I received it and it was the children's brand from the same designer so my woman's medium dress was actually a child's medium and wouldn't have fit an adult unless they were a size 0000. I emailed them and they refunded immediately so I was happy in the end, but the refund was a credit to spend with them- NOT my money back. I will continue to buy from them occasionally, but I do so knowing that my chance of being happy with the purchase is about 50/50, so I don't spend a lot.

denised19
3/31/14

I've used the site 4 times and had good experience each time. Clothing was just as described. I am happy with their shipping speed and service also. It's a great way to get quality second hand clothes for growing kids. I've even got a few items for myself, from the new with tags section! Wish some items had front and back pics, but otherwise no complaints. Great option for selling your own name brand stuff too!

michellee16
3/28/14

Ok so I've used this website about 5 times because I'm a single mother with two small children and we all need low cost clothing...I don't tell many people about this website since with every single order I've made I've always gotten mis sized clothing or wrong gender stuff...like my son got a pair of jewel girl pants that were advertised as boy pants...or I will buy him a size 6 shirt which they say is med boys and when it arrives it turns out to be a med size in men's...my last order which is the last straw I bought a pair of Capris and a large women's shirt when it arrived the shirt was obviously a children's shirt as I pulled it out it looked like my 10 year old niece could fit into and in fact I couldn't fit my elbow past the arm holes pfft OH AND TO REALLY TOP IT OFF! I shared the website link on my Facebook page and had who knows how many of my friends make an order I noticed I had zero $10 credits on my account so I sent a email and I got a response of how the system works and blah blah I'm like yeah it's pretty simple I share my friends buy and I get a credit...duh! Well I had to ask my friends who bought and get the email address they used when they bought and I had to constantly bug these people about getting my credits like I was begging...then they send me a email saying they fixed my link to my Facebook so anyone who clicks on my link and buys I will finally get my credits....I will admit the clothing comes in good condition but they need to figure out the real sizes and gender because they won't credit you for the clothing they messed up on they want you to send it back fedex and I live in a small town I can't just run to drop it off at fedex and I don't have a printer to print out a slip...so it's a gamble you waste money on every order from their incorrect mistakes

francesm35
3/27/14

I LOVE thredUp! If you know your size from trusted brands (H&M, Old Navy, Lauren Conrad, etc) it makes it so much easier to have a wonderful shopping experience with this site. I always get a full box of like-new, sometimes brand new, clothing with free shipping (it's so easy to spend $50, but still get a ton!). It's like Christmas morning when I get my box, love trying the new clothes on and it always makes me want to get back online and start shopping again!

heidid6
3/23/14

I've shopped this site several times and sent in items, too. I couldn't be happier with the experience!

toria1
3/21/14

Love to buy on this site. Great prices and amazing clothes!!!!!

laurab65
3/20/14

So far I am not really impressed. I decided I wanted to try buying some of the clothing offered online. I only ordered 2 things and it took them 4 business days to ship out the order (although it took them no time at all to charge me and their website says 1-2 business days). Now I didn't want to pay a bunch of money on shipping so I went with the standard shipping, That apparentlymeans it takes an additional 5 business days from when it was shipped to arrive via Fedex. I do a lot of online shopping and I have ordered shoes from China that got here in the same amount of time. Now, in the meantime I have been reading a lot of online reviews about people who have sent the clothes in and received barely anything. This has me somewhat concerned. If I ever get the clothes I ordered, I may just donate what I was planning to send to thredup. At least I know where they are going.

jennys33
3/20/14

If you and someone else in your household want to use this website to purchase something, forget about it. You don't get any of the benefits since you share the same household, therefore the two (or more) or you can't have separate accounts. Seriously? I don't live at home, but I am unable to ship to my college campus. Because of this I can only ship to my home address but they won't allow me to and took away my $10 credit as well since a household member had an account. We're two separate people, why do we need to have the same account? That is ridiculous. Not all household members are on good terms. The customer service of this place is terrible.

ericaa3
3/9/14

It's fun to browse through, I love thrift shopping, just like eBay and Tradesy, the online yard sales of the world. However I really HATE how little I am getting for the bags I send in. The processing time is extremely long, but it would be worth the wait if the payout was more. I mean, .55 cents for brand new name brand items?? seriously??

ce1045
3/7/14

Love it

amyf11
3/7/14

I have mixed feelings about this site… Although the items I have ordered from them were in great condition and fairly reasonably priced, sending items in to be resold is curious. I sent three big bags to them from the same post office at the same time, and they only processed two. The amount of money i was credited was extremely low. I would do better at the local consignment shop. However, I love the feeling of purging my closet and filling a bag in hopes to obtain something "new" as a reward.

koshah
3/6/14

Although I have enjoyed the items I've received so far, their shipping is a bit frustrating. Maybe I am just to used to ordering from Amazon. $50 is free shipping but they take forever and sent the items in a strange manor. I live near Portland OR a huge postal hub but they sent my items up near seattle to be transferred to the post office instead of just shipping it directly to me in the most efficient manor. I understand I could upgrade to 3 day shipping but at $12 it seems a bit high. Again maybe I am used to the efficiency and pricing on Amazon, you place an order and if you have free shipping it goes directly to you and sometimes arrives just as quick as if you had upgraded depending on where it ships from. If you want to upgrade it is usually a few bucks and yes there are instances where it's pricey. I have placed 2 orders over $50 and it seems $12 is their flat 3 day shipping fee. I feel the clothing part of the site is great for purchasing just don't be in a hurry to get nything and it could be a little more efficient on the shipping end

karens57
3/6/14

I love this site for shopping for myself! I have found amazing clothes at great prices. I did not, however, have much luck when I tried to sell my own clothes (I think I got $5 for an entire bag of name brand clothes).

jenb19
3/4/14

This site was great at first, but when they restructured their payouts, I went from feeling like I was getting a fair deal to feeling like I was mostly donating my items so someone else could make money off them. A great site for purchasing good quality used clothing, but I don't send my gently used items to them anymore, I get much better pricing at resale shops. In the beginning, they boasted high payouts, stating their lack of brick and mortar meant less overhead and better for those looking to sell. That was true for a while, but definitely has changed.

gwynnew
3/4/14

I too made the mistake of mailing in a large bag of clothes all of which were in excellant condition and several pieces still had the tags on them. They only accepted 6 pieces and I received a mere $23.41. I had ordered a few items from them, prior to sending in the bag, and were pleased with them but since this has occurred I don't see myself using there site again.

sharonf8
3/3/14

I have used thredup's cleanout service twice and ordered clothes from them on a number of occasions. They are very good with detailed communication. They let you know when they receive your bag, how long it will take to process, and then when it's processed you get an email showing pictures of all the items with exactly how much you earned for each. As far as ordering clothes, the clothes I've ordered has always been in great condition and I've been very happy with it. I recently purchased five skirts and five tops for my six year old daughter for a total of $50 with free shipping. Just one of the skirts would have cost me over $20 if I got it new at Gymboree. Overall a very good site. I use it mostly to buy kids clothes and have been pleased with the quality and service.

katiel9
3/1/14

I easily earned $30 in credits just by posting my referral link to Facebook. I love that I can count on the excellent quality of the clothing I buy from ThredUp, and it's so much fun to browse! I updated my summer wardrobe for free!

tjj2
2/28/14

I had to wait over 2 months before they processed my bag. They only accepted 2 out of about 22 lightly used designer items (all on their brands list) with no explanation. In the waiting period I had placed an order from them and one of the dresses received had a tear in it - so much for their high quality standards - we will see if they give me flack about taking the return. Also I did the return assurance and when I got my bag back - there were OTHER PEOPLE's clothes in there!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I did not keep a full list of what I sent them for all I know they sold some of my clothes and I did not get credit - or someone else did. They obviously have a very inconsistent and disorganized process.

dennisg21
2/27/14

The site is great for buying clothes from if you are looking for decent slightly used items. The problem with threadup is sending them clothes. I have sent 4 bags of clothes to them. The first time I sent in two bags, one with boys clothes and a handful of girls clothes in it and another with all girls clothes. All the items were in great shape and were high end. There were multiple pairs of jeans in the boys bag barely used, two with tags still on them. I received a nice payout for the girls bag, just over $45. The boys bag however was just $9 and the website only showed that the girls clothes were accepted. I exchanged numerous emails with threadup over this because something was definitely fishy here. In the end, they claimed that none of the boys clothes were eligible for sale. I think a bag inspector had a son in need of some new clothes. I waited almost a year before trying them again and only sent a bag of girls clothes, and received another payout close to $45 which I spent on their site. At the end of last year I decided to send another bag of girls clothes, it took them two months to finally give me $4.60. The bag was full of nice items, yet they only gave me credit for 4 items. One has already sold for 12.50. I'm not sure if the company as a whole is crooked or if it is just some of the bag inspectors, but I feel like I can't trust sending them anything again. It will be better for me to just take the tax write off and donate to Salvation Army.

robynr3
2/26/14

I have bought 3 times from ThredUp. Sometimes the clothes fit great and sometimes they are over washed and shrunken, so are 2 sizes smaller than the tag. Also, not very accurate when stating inseam of pants. I'm tall, so need a 34" inseam. I bought pants that were listed as 35", but when I received them they were WAY too short (measured 32"). I went to ship them back and it cost $15!! Great site for anyone that is average size. They need to work better on descriptions and be better organized with tall clothing... You have to look at every pair to see the inseam and even then can't guarantee it's right!!!

jennifera31
2/24/14

Do not sell clothes on this site - they take 7-8 weeks to process your bag, and will pay you pennies (and during the time you are waiting, they may change what brands they accept, and too bad for you). Since their payouts are so pitifully low, you may end up owing THEM for a bag of clothes if you opt to get them back. Shameful! There are numerous stories of people finding their rejected clothing items for sale on the site as well, which is highly suspicious. I would recommend you try LikeTwice.com, or else consign locally. Even donating and getting the tax deduction would be better financially.
For buying, the site used to be a good deal, but they've raised their prices dramatically. Why would I pay more to buy a used Old Navy or GAP item that I can't try on and have to pay return shipping on if it doesn't fit, when I can pay the same (or less) for the new item in the store? No thanks.

melissal23
2/24/14

**** WARNING**** DO NOT SEND THINGS TO THRED UP!!!!!!! Complete rip off. Takes FOREVER. They pretty much steal brand new with tags items & pay out NOTHING. I wish I could give no stars.

caitlink3
2/22/14

I went on the site and before sending in my bag of clothes and used their "clean out calculator" to find out how much I would get if I sent in my bag of clothes. In addition to waiting SIX WEEKS for them to process my bag, my bag of once worn designer clothes I had calculated out to be worth $130 was supposedly worth $20. I am disgusted- should have just taken them to plates closet, what a waste.

jessicad15
2/22/14

For buying clothes I would give it a 3 star, for selling I would give it 1 star. I had sent in a bag with nice, clean barely worn name brand clothes and was credited about .60. I was very surprised since the site often has sweatpants with elastic gathers at the ankles (do they even make those anymore?) and High School Musical and Hannah Montana clothes etc. so they don't seem that picky about clothes being stylish - the ones I sent in were much more current. The items I have purchased from them though have been good quality and I have been happy with them.

candaceb
2/21/14

I love this site!!!! I have shopped here a few times and just love how great the quality of their clothes are and how fast they ship. Yes I agree with the other reviews in that you need to know your size in the brand you buy. But if it doesnt fit then you can always send it back and they will give you a refund. I haven't sold anything to the site yet. I plan on doing that once my new order comes in. I think they price things fair! You might not get what you paid for your items but then again who would pay exactly what you paid for it when its been used? I think some people are just going to love this site and some will hate. It all depends on that person. Make the decision for yourself. Check it out and give it a try! My last order I have over $1200 in retail prices!! I think its a winner!!!

suzzanneh
2/19/14

First experience selling fine. Second OK. Last, they completely ripped me off. I send 5 kate spade bags and a coach bag. They paid me $11 for 2 brand new pairs of boots and nothing for the handbags. Do not send your stuff!

marlenner
2/19/14

I have made 2 orders so far so I can make a good review without being emotional.
This site is great IF (big IF) you know your size in every brand you are buying!!! I ordered a bunch of stuff some fit, most didn't... basically because these are clothes from a lot of different stores and they all have a unique sizing charts, so BEWARE... that the filters they (thredup) have for "equivalent" sizes are not real! Do your research on the brand size before you buy! Because this is such a pain in the a** to buy clothes on this website, I rather pay the extra money a get it on the official brand website, at least I know it WILL fit me because they tell you the exact cm or inches of each size.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have already verified my credit card also my facebook and my phone number I even got a twitter account and it still sayin I don't have level 1 verification but when I go to my profile it says im level 3 anybody have any ideas?
6/9/13
Answer
cindyd23
A: it is worth it, I get this also and it is great...and for every person you got to sign up you will get another 10.00 toward your purchase...enjoy
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Did u receive the bag of clothes I sent?
4/14/15
Answer
shandad3
A: Ditto above contact company direct, more than likely you will end up feeling ripped off. I stick with likewice.com for selling
4/17/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for thredUP