US Government's NSF

DressLily reviews

31%
Categories: Dresses, Handbags
Tel: 1-669-721-9322

People interested in DressLily are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chinit

The quality of the products are great as well as the customer service. (in 216 reviews)

jt54

After reading some of the other reviews I was worried about my order arriving at all. (in 951 reviews)

elorah

I waited for 2 months and nothing came at my door, so I wrote a negative review. (in 46 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

karenm119
7/28/15

I received my pants and shirt, but they were made for a little child!!!!! Very disappointed! WON'T order from them again.

georgiannr
7/28/15

I ordered two bathing suits and I received ONE sheer stretchy type top and a G string. the other item I never received.

sandrinem1
7/28/15

I put an order on October 8th, 2014 and as of July, 28th 2015, no delivery, no answer to any of my complain. This chineese based website is just a pure scam. I should have made a search on internet before, I would have find out that I am not an isolated cases and it happens to thousands of people...

johnp255
7/27/15

If you are happy to wait for a month or more for delivery, the items do eventually turn up. Quality is generally quite good, but 2 out of 5 items were faulty on arrival.

treachm
7/27/15

phone numbers are disconnected, online chat is unavailable, no response by email!!!
I placed my order March 27th, it's been 4 months and their site says no shipping updates at this time..

tulikad

Placed my order on 16 Jun ...I have not received anything Yet
...processing... processing.... processing

talaf
7/26/15

BUYER BEWARE...
Check shipping policy! It took at least a month for them to get a partial order to me because it's made in China. Product quality was poor. I ordered 3 items on June 13th and one STILL HASN'T ARRIVED! I tried to have them stop the shipment of the last item and they said it was already shipped out and I would have to return it to get a refund... Which means I pay shipping and wait a month after this thing actually comes in. Not even worth the energy and cost to return... Which is probably what they bank on! This is what I get for not checking to see if it's made in America!

Also the one dress that came in was so poorly made the strap ripped when I was changing and I never even got to wear it.

WILL NEVER BUY HERE AGAIN!!

byef
7/25/15

Wow was going to order from here but seeing all the bad reviews I'm staying away and notice the 5 reviews are the same person what a pathetic company

liml4
7/24/15

The quality of the dress I received was of good quality. The seller replied quick ever time I raised the questions on the delivery matter. Overall, it worth the wait.

maruskai
7/24/15

I've had a wonderful birthday celebration, thanks to DressLily for sending me in 4 days my order, with all my beautiful things I purchased from them.
I am thrilled, and definitely I return for more shopping.

nooshinm
7/24/15

Horrible company. Ship and made in china. Price and picture luring. It was my mistake to trusted them . Dress look horrible and not at all looks like advertise. Dont buy from them

kellyem
7/24/15

Getting angrier by the day...it's been a month. Based on what I'm reading from other posters, this is not along time. I tried to contact Dresslily to inquire about my order. Uhhh - their phones are not "available" at this time. OK. Tried to submit an online request too. The order #, taken straight from their email does not seem to "match their records". But they sure were happy to take my money.

antarpreetk
7/23/15

they are not at all sorry for the inconvenience. They started the website to spread it. $#*!ing leeches. If anybody knows I would like to know the laws against these action. I ordered two items in NOVEMBER 2014, and havent $#*!ing received it yet and its end of July, 2015.

nc23
7/23/15

I received my items but not happy with the quality and the cheap look of the outfits. They don't fit and one has a snag on it. I sent them many email requesting my money back and where to send the products. I get no clear responds. I want there number and all my money back. \I paid for exp. shipping and then had to pay additional to DH|L 28.98 for shipping. That's bull$#*!! I have sent pics but there verification code doesn't work and the only way to send anything is closing the question. They are a rip off. I want there phone no. and address!

nicholasp18
7/22/15

My mother ordered several dresses from here and found that they were barely close to the sizes she ordered. On top of that, they are extremely poorly made. She tried to contact them to return the dresses but their contact page didn't accept the order number and, therefore, did not submit her complaint.

This is the complaint that didn't go through:
I have recently received the dresses what I ordered. I was very disappointed, because the sizes are very small. I am size L and I ordered XL just in case but this dresses could fit only on my daughter who is very slim3 size slimmer than me. The measurements are all over the place not even 2 pieces of XL size measurements are the same. This dresses can fit only a girl who has very small breasts. Usually the XL size woman have breasts. One of the dresses's workmanship is so poor I wouldn't sell it in my shop if I was you Dresslily. It is embarrassing. the clothes name : L*show Sexy Round Collar Sleeveless Floral Print Women's Dress. This dress was made by somebody who has never ever learned how to sew a dress.
I need your precise address to sent them back to you and I want full refund for the payment of australian dollar : AU$ 210.

gabriellem10
7/22/15

I found a shirt that I loved on this site and a friend offered to purchase it for me for my birthday. The purchase was made at the end of march. We received a tracking number that said my shirt departed a sorting facility in the united states on April 7th. It is now nearing the end of July and I still never got my shirt.(the summer shirt that i ordered in March, even though summer is almost over) It has been almost 4 months!! i am blown away that this "company" is so disorganized that i still have yet to receive the one item that was purchased. There is no customer service for this company and i am so displeased. I figured this site was my last option. I have heard very few good things about dresslily and now i understand why. I am in disbelief and will continue to spread the word about this terrible site until i get my shirt.

Update: after this response I have heard nothing else.. Does it sound like they resolved the situation in any way? I made it clear that a friend purchased the shirt and they referred me to a site for which you need an account and all reviewers say they never get a response from.

michaels283
7/22/15

My wife ordered a dress from this website for a wedding and paid for 10 day shipping. It took 28 days. We contacted customer service about 5 times just to get our shipping fee back. They would only give us half of it. The dress was garbage and the size wasn't even close. We gave up on dealing with customer service and just want to warn people about them.

cherib3
7/21/15

STAY AWAY!! Do not order from this website. Not only will you NOT get your order - your credit card WILL be charged and you will not get any responses nor can you contact them. I placed an order June 30th, paid the extra shipping costs to have delivery between 3-7 days and still NOTHING!! I have submitted a ticket July 16th where they state someone will contact you in 24 hours. Six (6) days later still NOTHING!! Every time I go to website to phone or live chat - NOT AVAILABLE. Ugggghhhh. Save your time and money by shopping elsewhere.

kathyc53
7/21/15

I ordered a dress and top from DressLily. I ordered a women's size medium. They were both extra small, very cheaply made. Rather than the hassle of returning, I gave them to Goodwill. Will never order from them again.

meralism
7/20/15

With very affordable prices, Dresslily offers clothes, jewelry, shoes and many other products of great quality! I have never had any problems with their service and am absolutely pleased with this site!

ja17499
7/20/15

I have ordered over $200 worth of clothes form this website, and I am yet to receive an update about my item. I am still waitng.

cherylp28
7/20/15

What people may not realize is that DRESS LILY is NOT a clothing/accessory Company, it is an emotional experience company.

Think it through, you discover online their website & pour through glorious images of clothing you truly believe exists SHEER HAPPINESS! You start filling your cart with as many items as you can MANIA! You are told all items are in stock BETTER THAN FAT FREE ICE CREAM! you place your order with ease through paypal or your credit card CONFIDENCE! you receive a note that your payment is accepted but they require a picture of your drivers license & credit card PANIC! you cave in because of their "professionalism" and they send you a note that all is good to go but all items out of stock RAGE! you are told to be patient FURY! you wait like a good girl…and wait… you notice a few grey hairs grew in DISGUST! you contact them and tell them you want your money back & to cancel the order SATISFACTION! they send back a note saying whoops, they JUST sent out the order CONFUSION! you wait and wait some more. your kid grows two inches… SHAME! you contact them again they tell you to be patient. GRUNTS! you go online to see what others say MEET NEW FRIENDS! you never get your order and have to fight with Dress Lily, Paypal and/or your credit card company AGGRAVATION! you suddenly receive a few items that are small enough to fit your nieces American Girl Doll but she rejects them because the clothing is made of paper or fell apart when she tried them on the doll DISGUST! you try on the items only to feel like a big fat pig SELF HATE! or maybe you don't get any items or they steal all your money SURGE OF ENERGY! Or maybe you have to prove that they lied to your credit card company when they claimed they shipped all of your order NEW PROFESSION - INVESTIGATOR! Needless to say who cares that they overtly stole $539.47 of my money and robbed single mothers, people on limited fixed income, hard working citizens and/or that nice lady in the chat room you accidentally recommended Dress Lily to…look at all the EXCITING emotions you got to experience! All the fake accounts you got to interact with that guaranteed you a wonderful experience purchasing with Dress Lily! These are lessons babes, good solid life lessons of scam artists that you can now successfully & with experience teach your friends & family.

In fact, I am going to take all my life lessons and put them in the tan definitely not white plastic piece of crap bag with the broken handle in two places that arrive several weeks after my almost $100 express shipment charge was accepted - and Im going to ship all my life lessons to Dress Lily as a thank you. Oh...Whoops, the tan definitely not white plastic piece of crap bag with the broken handle in two places also has a broken zipper and now my life lessons are pouring out all over the internet…..

UPDATE to Dress Lily response 7/20/15 (evening)

Dear Dress Lily,

I really won't allow you to follow up here on this website where consumers are trying to obtain real answers and continue to have you lie to the world. So lets take it slow.

YOU WROTE>>>CustomerService R. [DressLily Rep] Dear cheryl,
Thank you for notifying us of your complaint. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.

I WRITE>>> You have been notified of my complaint & concerns with your company within about 72 hours of the March 1, 2015 ordering when you demanded I supply you with a copy of my drivers license and a photo of my actual credit card used. Since you had already charged my card I notified paypal & american express over concerns about identity fraud and standard business practices. You were also notified several times after that when you suddenly announced to me after accepting my credit card that all or practically ALL my 38 items were out of stock. Extremely problematic as I paid for express delivery AND was leaving on a ship soon.

YOU WROTE> I want to start by apologizing unreservedly to you for what has happened; it is never our intention to upset any customer.

I WRITE> Ive read your apology in numerous form letters. I care little for them. I think you should start by immediately refunding my money - all of it - and as I warned you I am only giving you 24 more hours.

I actually do think it is your intention to upset all your customers although heck if they just took your crap it would probably be more enjoyable for you. I have literally found hundreds of people you overtly scammed & your little online staff (wow.. its a big one actually) several of them took time to explain to me how they get paid to post positive reviews & send out tweets. In sounds like everything you do is to methodically engage the customer into thinking your products are reliable & your service great only to con them into ordering & steal their money or send them some leftovers in your wear house. You take extra steps to insure all your ACTUAL customers are miserable.

YOU WROTE> We have send the item to the shipping company,and we have to send it back to us because of the case.

I WRITE> First I recommend you spend some of the money you've been stealing on hiring people who actually know how to use the english language. Second, Really? are you going to lie to the people here? You DID not send ANYTHING until american express practically threatened you. Then when we all tried to cancel order you suddenly said WHOOPS..you had already shipped it. But you shipped a crappy bag & torn shoes and may have shipped a dress that no stripper could wear for fear of indecency arrest. THEN.. now this is great, you lied to AMEX & insisted you shipped all of my 38 items, sent them the DHL slip. BUT…whoops, the weight of the shipment got you caught & guess what? you sent me a ticket today in writing saying we never sent out your order at all and admitted to sending those few items. You begged me to drop the (Amex Case) and then threatened basically that if I didn't you would BE UNABLE TO GIVE ME MY REFUND.

By the way, Im a fairly smart lady & I do do investigations. You just attempted to write in your note here that you shipped (all) the items to the shipping company but had to have them shipped back because of the case (the case being Amex charging you with Fraud). You didn't send Amex those additional DHL or courier slips did you? See if you were smarter you wouldn't have lied here AGAIN. Now AMEX will know and readers will know that you lied again. Because you were being accused of Fraud, surely you would have supplied Amex with every possible step you took. Instead you sent them one DHL slip and in a legally binding statement in which you alleged this was the (only) shipping slip and that it proved you sent all of my order.

(I told you readers… so many exciting emotional adventures!)

YOU WROTE> And we are willing to provide you for the best solution for this issue,would you work with us for it?

I WRITE> No. I am not "working with you for it" The best solution is that you work on your own… You refund me all of my $539.47 immediately and I'd be happy to let people know you did. Otherwise unless you remedy me and the people you have harmed (start by the people who posted on this page) I am going to work with the credit card companies. and paypal and insure that they stop allowing you to use their services. Thats how I am going to work on my end to achieve the best solution. I am going to have the U.S. Department of Justice investigate you and supply them with evidence and we are going to give it all to your ministry of commerce and you will AGAIN be put out of business.

YOU WROTE> We have did business for years and we always treat customer at the first place.

I WRITE> Where is this "first place" because myself along with thousands of others would like to know how to get there? Your original company was under major investigation, fined & shut down both for poor product quality and stealing money from customers.. Now you have Dress Lily.. its special :-D. You are running another scam operation and you do not "treat customers at the first place" (I presume you do not understand that isn't even an actual sentence). You treat yourselves first and your customers last. Your customers are disgusted in the care, service & product you provide. You have by fact manipulatively stolen hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars due to greed. Not poor business sense, no this is a well planned operation, you have stolen money due to greed.

YOU WROTE> Looking forward to hearing from you.

I WRITE> Trust me, you do NOT look forward to hearing from me again. Those 24 hours I offered you is running out quick.

YOU WROTE> Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

I WRITE> You see here is the basic fact, if my patronage was important to you, you would be mortified that you stole my money, kept my express shipment charge, mortified you sent 2-3 crappy broken items, mortified you lied to a multi-billion dollar company like American Express and mortified that people like myself now feel such hate for you that we go online to warn others. I will never ever give you another opportunity and likely, based on this rather silly form letter you posted here I will continue to warn other customers about what you are, what you do and how you really do manipulate a system for your own greed and have no problem stealing customers money. I dare you to give my money back & all the money back for the customers on this site whose money you overtly stole or whose merchandise you sent was so poor & you refused to provide a refund.

You have less than 24 hours to refund ALL my money. Not only will I do all I promised but Im going to start charging you interest which just so you know is my actual and legal right.

YOU WROTE> Best Regards Dresslily Customer Service

I WROTE> Again… don't think you get that American "Best Regards" thing.

For the absolute last time. Here is my order #L1503011845486479.
It was placed on Mar 01,2015 19:45:48 PM.

colinj14

Ticket: T55490298929
Order Number: LP15053011320****
Message Type: After-sale Service (defective items /wrong items received/item missing)
Subject: Returns/refund
Message: Hell I have received my items and unfortunately they are the wrong size also the quality is disgusting some of the button holes don't have an opening and threads loose all over! The shirt with long sleeves is nothing like the picture, please advise how to send back and get a refund
Ticket Status: Processing
Full Name: Colin Jobling
Dresslily Customer Support  At :06/13/2015 12:29:14 UTC
Dear Colin,

We are sorry for the inconvenience and would be glad to offer you solutions for this case.

Here is our return policy: http://www.dresslily.com/m-article-id-80.htm. Please reference it.

We are sorry you don’t satisfy with your items, please send us a photo of them. We need to check it and offer you solutions.

Thanks for your kind patience and understanding. Waiting for your reply.

Colin Jobling  At :06/14/2015 09:55:08 UTC
Hello, I am away from home at the moment but I will send photos on Tuesday
Colin Jobling  At :06/17/2015 11:59:44 UTC
I have tried to send the photos from my iPhone but it will not let me send the reply I cannot shrink the photos, please advise another alternative as to how I can get these across to you! Bitter taste in mouth is worsening
Dresslily Customer Support  At :06/17/2015 03:48:19 UTC
Dear Colin,

Many thanks for your message. Due to our system upgrade, sorry for the delay.

We will wait for your photos. Once we confirm your problem, we will provide you the solutions immediately.

Thanks for your kind patience and understanding.

Dresslily Customer Support  At :06/18/2015 08:17:24 UTC

We're pleased to receive your question.

Sorry to hear that. You can send us your photos to this email address: support@dresslily.com.

After you send it, please tell us, we will let our colleague to check it and solve this problem with you immediately.

Thank you so much for contacting us.

Colin Jobling  At :06/22/2015 12:16:15 UTC
These have been sent!
Dresslily Customer Support  At :06/23/2015 05:42:24 UTC
Dear Colin,

Many thanks for your inquiry.

Thank you for your photos, we received them and checked them.

We are sorry for this problem. We can offer you 2 solutions:

1) We can refund you 30% of item fee 9.51 USD to your payment account, you don't need to return these 2 items;

2) You can return your items back to us, when we receive them, we can refund you full item fee 31.7 USD.

Here is our return address:

TO: ling Jun
深圳市南山区创业路中兴工业城8栋6楼602 邮编 518054
Room 602, 6th Floor, Building 8, Zhongxing Industrial City, Chuangye Road, Nanshan District,
Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, 518054, China
Tel: 0755-86528120

Thank you for your kind patience and understanding. We will wait for your decision.

Colin Jobling  At :06/23/2015 10:53:38 UTC
Upon reading the above you have stated 2 items? It is three items that I am returning! Please see the following ! Product Name Sku Qty Subtotal Fashion Style Turn-down Collar Floral Print Color Block Short Sleeves Cotton Shirt For Men YL3605701 1 16.32 Casual Style Slimming Turn-down Collar Gold Print Splicing Long Sleeves Men's Shirt YL4234801 1 20.53 Stylish Shirt Collar Slimming Ethnic Pattern Print Splicing Short Sleeve Men's Cotton Shirt YL3627901 1 15.38 Subtotal 52.23 Insurance 2.04 Shipping & Handling 24.00 D point -1 Grand Total 77.27
Colin Jobling  At :06/23/2015 10:54:45 UTC
I expect a compete refund of the above amount! Please advise this will be done once you advise I will post all items back to you and await a complete refund!
Dresslily Customer Support  At :06/24/2015 12:25:51 UTC

We're pleased to receive your question.

We have found 2 items from your photos. Sorry for this inconvenience.

You can return all of your items back in one package. When we receive it, we will refund you full item fee 52.23 USD.

If any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Colin Jobling  At :07/06/2015 06:11:16 UTC
Hell please not these have been returned, can you advise if I will recieve full refund of postage also.
Colin Jobling  At :07/06/2015 02:13:56 UTC
Please find copy recipt I would also like refunded!
Colin Jobling  At :07/06/2015 02:14:20 UTC
Please find copy recipt I would also like refunded!
Colin Jobling  At :07/06/2015 02:28:47 UTC
Please advise full refund amount for shirts as well as postage and packaging so I can check this against my receipt and bank statement to ensure I am put back in to the same financial situation I was in prior to this disaster.
Dresslily Customer Support  At :07/07/2015 12:35:42 UTC
Dear Colin,

Thank you for your recent message.

When we receive your return package, we will refund you full item fee 52.23 USD. Please recheck our return policy, if the customer need to return, they need to pay shipping fee by themselves. We cannot afford it.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Colin Jobling  At :07/13/2015 05:07:44 UTC
Please can you advise if you have received the package yet
Dresslily Customer Support  At :07/14/2015 12:58:39 UTC

We're pleased to receive your question.

We are sorry to say we still not received your return package. Would you mind recheck it after 2 weeks?

We hope that you've found the answer useful, you're always welcome to contact us for more information.

Best regards,

Colin Jobling  At :07/14/2015 05:06:11 UTC
Thanks I will
Dresslily Customer Support  At :07/15/2015 01:25:10 UTC
Dear Colin,

Thank you for your interest.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Colin Jobling  At :07/20/2015 02:33:08 UTC
Hello, I have just checked the tracking reference RU735478458GB that i paid £17.05 to send the clothes back to you. The tracking ref states that the returned items were sent to you on the 17.07.2015 at 10:23 but delivery driver was unable to deliver the parcel. They have left a note to state so and it is at your local delivery office. I have returned these awful items at a further expense of the above mentioned £17.05 on top of this order. Please return my money NOW and collect your items i have returned to you. If you refuse to do this i will go to the local citizens advice bureau and get the authorities involved.Disgusted with your company would be an understatement.

Tip for consumers: This company does not refund your postage you are using to send back the items, send back cheapest possible way.

yvier
7/17/15

I ordered my shirt June 12th. I received it, JULY 17TH. The packaging was HORRIBLE and to make all of that worse, the shirt is dirty and stained!

I can't imagine that many people have actually gone through the hassle of returning their items. It would cost me more to ship it back to China than what I paid for the item. Some might say "oh, well you get what you paid for..." But that's not how that works. I paid for a cute little tank top - not a damaged shirt. This is absolutely the worst online shopping experience I've ever had and would NEVER buy anything from them again.

Unless you live right next to the factory this ships out of, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME! It is NOT worth it!!!!

paml11
7/17/15

I bought two of the 4th of July tank tops. I believe the same as Jennifer described in her review. I was very disappointed in the quality and the delivery service. We didn't get them in time for the holiday but they were so awful we couldn't wear them anyway!
The sizes were horrible. I bought an XS for my daughter and a L for myself. The shape was very different between the shirts and the XS fit me better. They were supposed to be red, white and blue and one of the shirts was red, white and black!! The bow on the back was to be scrunched around the tank and the L shirt just had a bow stuck right in the middle of the shirt. Looked like a 5 year old sewed it on.
I will never order from Dress Lily again. Use caution when ordering online. It would be more hassle than worth to send it back!! I guess you get what you pay for!

stephanies84
7/15/15

I work in the garment industry and could tell just by the website this place is a complete scam. Photoshopped items from other websites, inaccurate material listings...DON'T BUY FROM HERE, THESE COMPANIES LITERALLY HAVE SWEATSHOP WORKERS KNOCKING OFF OTHER DESIGNERS CLOTHING OUT OF THE CHEAPEST MATERIAL POSSIBLE. seriously, you may as well throw your money in the trash. Do not buy anything from these scam artists.

rachelm52
7/15/15

If you are one of the lucky few, you made your purchase through PayPal, this wioll explain to you how to get your money back.

I order 3 shirts off of Dress Lily. I swim in XL shirts and some Larges, so I ordered large sizes and their one size only. My thought was, if they are too big, it was not the end of the world. They will still be able to be worn and maybe shrink with washing. What I received was the exact opposite. The clothes were too small. I would need to order a 4xl from them and that is still iffy. There clothes are just not cut for adults. The shoulders with on one of the shirts was 2inches farther apart that my (excuse me) nipples. No one has shoulders that narrow. I could only get it a few inches past my elbow. Never in a million years would it have been able to go over my head. It simply just isn't wide enough. This same shirt had stains and a weird odor. There were threads also coming loose, as well. The conclusion I drew, after reading their return policy on ill fitting clothing, is that they force you to send the clothes back for a partial refund and then send them off to the next poor victim. Typically, online clothing purchases are not stained and this is a complaint they must get a lot. If you read their return policies, they have sizing issues, not as described, poor quality, and stains as there main issues. Another shirt I got, I pulled out and didn't even try to put it on. It was smaller than an XS shirt from Kohl's juniors' section. The other shirt, didn't cover half of my stomach. All were very transparent. By that I mean, we all have some see through articles in our closets, but not like this. I could make out every stretch mark (being honest, most of us have them) and even the freckle by my belly button was very distinct through the shirt.

Now, for a partial refund they require you submit a claim in 7 days. I could not do so. I tried on 2 different computers and an iPhone and every one gave me error messages the second I hit submit. They have an email address listed for "not as described" returns. I emailed them with my complaint and informed them of the error messages. I included all asked for information and said this was me trying to file a complaint. They emailed me back in a few hours with an automated message telling me to fill out that same form that gave me error messages with a link. I tried again to humor them to no avail. Now, to even get a refund for size issues, you only get a partial refund and you pay shipping. BUYER BEWARE- I paid $37.96 they offered my $9 back. Shipping cost is $7 so my refund would have been $2 after all was said and done. They do this to many people. They make a profit off improperly sized merchandise.

I contacted Paypal to file a dispute. They were pleased to here I received my items and the seller was failing to address my complaints. They immediately escalated my dispute to a claim. In a claim, they act as the mediator. Within minutes of having a claim filed, Dress Lily contacted me. They requested I go through them for the claim and sent me their own claim number. It was as if they waited to give me my refund until they were being forced to. They requested I cancel my claim through Paypal. IF YOU CANCEL A CLAIM THROUGH PAYPAL IT CAN NEVER BE REOPENED. DO NOT DO THIS. If you do your research, you will find this company often does this. They get their customers to cancel the dispute and then stop following through. The customer never gets a refund. You must respond to Paypal's emails during an investigation, you no longer need to speak directly with the seller. Therefore, I ignored their ridiculous request. After all, I was determined to get a FULL refund, not a partial as I felt completely scammed. It is one thing to purchase the wrong size on your own error but this wasn't my error. Paypal gives the seller 11 days to respond to the claim. On day 6 of mine, they finally responded. They offered me the partial refund of $9 with the return of the merchandise. I called Paypal to reject. REJECTING DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL NOT GET A REFUND. It simply meant that Paypal would make the final decision. I sent in my photos of the shirts to Paypal. I did so by emailing them to service@paypal.com. Paypal sent me an email within a day that they were refunding me my money in FULL.

BUYER BEWARE---- This company is a complete scam. If you pay close attention, you will even notice their email address and the person on their PayPal account's name changes. When I paid them, the name was Li P. It is now IVAN. I have informed PayPal of this. If they have enough complaints on one account, the account gets banned. Because this company gets so many complaints, they keep opening new accounts.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THERE ARE A FEW PEOPLE THAT DO GET WHAT THEY ORDERED WITH NO COMPLAINTS. HOWEVER, MORE OFTEN YOU GET RESULTS LIKE MINE. THIS COMPANY IS BASED OUT OF A DIFFERENT COUNTRY AND I BELIEVE THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. THE COMPANY FINDS IN-STYLE CLOTHES AND REPLICATES THEM WITH CHEAP MATERIAL. THERE ARE MANY EBAY ACCOUNTS THAT DO THE SAME. THEY CLAIM ALL OF THERE STUFF IS 100% AUTHENTIC. IT IS NOT. WHEN I SHOPPED, THEY HAD A PICTURE OF SNOOKII FROM JERSEY SHORE WEARING A SHIRT. THE CLOTHES ARE WORTH $3 OR LESS AND MOST PEOPLE CANNOT FIT WHAT THEY RECEIVE. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. IT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD DEAL BUT ITS REALLY JUST A HASSLE AND A WASTE OF YOUR TIME.

ALL THE GOOD REVIEWS COME FROM THE COMPANY ITSELF! THEY ALL COME FROM THE SAME IP ADDRESS. USING A LITTLE COMMON SENSE HERE- THEY SAY THE COMPANY IS GREAT AND HAS AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY ORDER 3 SHIRTS AND THEY WERE PERFECT!! HOW DO THEY KNOW THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT IF THE ITEMS WERE PERFECT??? THEY ARE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM! DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR ANTICS. THEY COPY AND PASTE REPLIES EVERYWHERE. GIVE MY REVIEW A LITTLE TIME AND YOU WILL SEE THE MOST GENERIC OF GENERIC RESPONSES TO MY REVIEW. JUST LIKE I GOT FROM MY COMPLAINTS AND EMAILS AND YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL AND HAS RECEIVED.

Tip for consumers: SCAM

shaunap1
7/15/15

I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE REVIEWS AS WELL, PLACED AN ORDER AROUND THE 27TH OF MAY, I RECEIVED A ORDER OF SHIPMENT CONFIRMATION ON 5/29/15 TODAY IS JULY 15TH AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY ITEMS, AND WHEN I CHECK MY ACCOUNT ONLINE THEY HAVE NO UPDATED INFORMATION AT ALL. NO NUMBERS TO CALL AND I HAVE PUT IN 5 TICKETS AND NO RESPONSE. THEY HAVE THEIR MONEY WHICH THEY TOOK OUT IMMEDIATELY BUT NO MERCHANDISE.. I GUESS THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU TRY TO BARGIN SHOP FROM A COMPANY IN CHINA.

lisag81
7/14/15

I bought the Bohemian Style Spaghetti block dress. It's poorly made the material is nasty! The large size that I bought for my daughter did not fit her size 9 frame. It fit my niece who is a 0!!! There were strings hanging all over it and it came in a tiny plastic bag! This is what I get for trying to save a buck and not buying American made!!! It looks like it cost a dime to make,it probably did!!!

barbarap38
7/13/15

First of all, whatever the dress/shirt looks like in the picture is about 100 times worse when you get it. Yes it's all super cheap but you get what you pay for. I feel like I wasted my time and frustration with this company! Every time I order something I always carefully follow the measurement guide provided, and when I order the item it never fits right, it's always too small! And it looks way worse in person than it does in the picture.
I have contacted the company about returning the items or exchanging. They said I could keep the items and get a $5 credit for a $10 shirt or if I ship it back they would refund me 80%. If I ship it back I would be shipping it back to China or Japan which isn't cheap and wouldn't even be worth it.

SAVE YOUR MONEY! DON'T SHOP HERE!

jennifern33
7/13/15

I ordered a red and white striped shirt for the 4th back in June. It finally arrived today (July 13th) taking over a month to get here and it looks like crap. There are loose threads hanging all over it, uneven stitching and the material feels awful. I thought about ordering multiple dresses from this place and boy am I glad I didn't. I will suck up the $11 loss on my crappy tank because its not worth the hassle of returning it. I also recently had my credit card numbers stolen and used to buy electronics...I wouldn't be surprised if it were linked to this site.

sarahn37
7/13/15

Ok so first off they cut and paste the pictures from other sites! The sizes are all wrong the medium fit my 11 year old daughter and it super tight on her? The quality was soooooo horrible the stitching was ALL wrong! Looks like a shirt i would have tried to make for my first time trying to make something it looks crazy!!! The sleeves don't even have a hem and its cut cooked! DO NOT BUY ANYTGING EVER! Oh btw my rating should be a -10!

barbg8
7/13/15

I placed an order on June 18th and have STILL not received my order. Thankfully, I was just testing the waters with them and didn't spend a lot. I am still irritated at myself for not doing some research first. It sounds like even if I do get the order, it probably will be damaged, too small or smell. I should have checked them out better before buying from them.

janetf12
7/12/15

I ordered three dresses in June not like the advertised photos wanting to return but just give me the runaround only fit for using as dusters

nyssay
7/11/15

DressLily is an amazing website to shop on! I will always shop here when I need something cute and cheap!

ajt3
7/11/15

Dresslilly is a HUGE SCAM!!! I ordered my dress in MARCH, didn't receive it, and they told me to wait 45 days, since it was coming from Japan. Still never revived it in MAY. So, I asked for a refund. They said they refunded my money, but i never got it. They told me I have to wait 30 days to to receive it into my back account. I waited. Still NEVER GOT MY MONEY BACK!! Called my bank and they said it's been TOO LONG sinc my purchase for them to make a claim. THAT IS HOW THIS "COMPANY" GETS YOU! THAT IS HOW THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!! I should have checked the reviews before hand.

cassiem6
7/10/15

Ordered 3 very cute tops from this store after being very hesitant to purchase anything. My clothes took only about 3 weeks to arrive and once opening the package I discovered that it was more of a child size that adult women. I ordered all shirt in a M and I have a 34D chest size. One shirt fit my 10 yr old daughter and she wears a size 8 in youth! Very disappointed because everything is super cute. Not even worth the money to send back.

courtneyh27
7/10/15

DressLily's clothing is of poor quality. In addition to that. Once you receive the clothes, you have to personally pay for their return to China (which is around $50 if you ship from the US) and only then will you receive the return of the clothing cost. Therefore you are paying out of pocket for the return

elizabethl35
7/10/15

NEVER BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE.

I saw an add on Facebook and bought 3 summer dresses in MAY... I am still waiting for them and we are in freaking JULY... I do not even think that I will get them before the end of summer, or that I will get them at all.
Quite frankly at this point I do not even know if I will wear them. I saw some terrible reviews for this website (I wish I would have done some research before I bought stuff from them): wrong sizes, cheap products, terrible shipping/ customer service...

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! Its a total waste of time and money. WORST COMPANY EVER

A customer From Canada who is very disappointed and quite angry.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

perls
7/9/15

Horrable horrable! I cant believe i ever bought stuff from here. I ordered 10 shirts. Every single one was wayyy tooo small. This is only for petite women with no boobs. I ordered a mini dress and i got a small shirt.. I ordered a tan dress i got something close to it. The pic is not what u get in the mail. I waited 30 DAYS for all my stuff! If you have boobs/big boobs DO NOT BUY FROM HERE. I wear a size M and some L. I would need to get a XXXL in dress lilly size.

shelbyb36
7/9/15

I too was skeptical to order from outside the country, but I shop outside the US on Ebay all the time and have never had an issue, so I ordered one item to see how it would turn out. I ordered the elastic waist geometric print pants in a size small. They took 21 days to arrive. They are adorable, comfy and fit great. I am petitie in size so I have no problem fitting into what another person described as "Chinese Sizes"

My advice is....proceed with caution, Don't spend more than you are willing to lose, and you cant expect designer quality merchandise for 10 bucks!

bexr
7/8/15

My 'dress' smelled also, thread lose everywhere, definitely not the same in the picture, a complete faff to return to the item, and still struggling to get the picture that I ordered a size sixteen, three sizes bigger than my usual self due to the 'small sizes' comments. They have a stupidly complicated method to return the item! They sent the size I ordered etc but don't seem to be getting it through their thick skulls the size is too small, and I just want my money back! This has gone on for over two months now, I'm rather fed up with the whole attitude of the lady i am speaking with. I'm not sure how much more simpler 'it doesn't fit me, despite ordering a larger size' needs to be. Never again. Never ever order from these people, such a joke!! Happy to take your money but not happy enough to try and solve an issue when the item you get wouldn't even be taken by charity shops!

mollief
7/8/15

What a scam! My dress took 4 weeks to arrive. When I opened it, it smelled like a mucky swamp! Then, I looked at the dress, sure, it had the same pattern, but wasn't at ALL the same dress that was pictured! They pictured a nice looking dress and sent the cheapest, low quality piece of s*** I've ever seen. They style of the dress even wasn't the same! The pictured dress had thin straps, the one they sent me had 2 inch thick straps! JUST HORRIBLE. it is now in a bag to go to the Thrift Store!

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!

jenp20
7/8/15

How can I return my products back to the company AND GET FULLY REFUNDED TWICE FOR THE SAME ORDER? I was very discouraged with the poor quality of your products and now lack of customer service.

I have put two tickets in requesting customer service assistance (Your unique ticket ID is:T15062604888 (6/26) and T15062900408 (6/28). I was supposed to get a response within 24 hours!

One order was shipped to me (poor quality products - will never order again) - order # LP1506112055423009/Shipping #LN990363204CN
A duplicate order was made, but never shipped WHICH I DIDN'T WANT TWO OF THE SAME ORDER ANYWAY! - order # LP1506112047465106/Shipping # IB14348799295472 ($58.84)

I don't think you will need much more information from me. I would like this figured out. This is very poor customer service. NO ONE SHOULD BUY dresslily.com and WATCH OUT FOR THEIR ADS THAT POP UP ON FACEBOOK.

Very discouraged customer.

Respectfully,
Jen

sherrip5
7/7/15

If I could give them no stars I would. I ordered my items over 45 days ago and haven't gotten anything. They keep telling me to wait 2-3 days then tells me my package is at a NY post office and for me to go there and check when my shipping address is in HAWAII and I have no way of flying to NY for a package. This back and forth has gone on for over 3 weeks now every other email stating the same thing. It seems automated and full of BS. They don't even have a phone number to call. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE, a waste of $100 and looks like i'll never get a refund for my items that i have never received. BUYER BE WARNED.. This website should be SHUT DOWN.

laurenm40
7/6/15

I've had a completely horrible experience with this company. I ordered a dress and it was covered in black ink stains. I have emailed the company's "customer service" several times, including pictures of my damaged item, and have received NO response, aside from a response a week late with the reason for not responding being it was a "Chinese holiday". Even then, they did not offer a solution of any sort-- a refund, a exchange for a new item that wasn't covered in ink, etc. I have been trying to contact them for almost a month since then and have received no response. This company is a complete scam and it's truly sad what they're doing to people and getting away with. Not only did they ship me a clearly damaged item and now neglect to answer any of my emails, it took a month for me to receive the item in the first place. This company is essentially stealing people's money. It baffles me that any company that treats their customers this way stays in business. Save your time and money and do not order anything from here!

ameliae3
7/6/15

I am shocked to have not yet received my order. After reading the HORRIBLE reviews, I'm even more skeptical. I should have looked them up before ordering. I should have known better than to order off a random site without researching it. I'm expecting to be unhappy when, and if, my item arrives. Will give an update later.

pamelac20
7/6/15

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY !!!! THEIR STUFF IS SO CHEAP THEY DON'T EVEN DESERVE 1 STAR...Ordered a dress for my granddaughter took 2 months to get & when it finally arrived the zipper was broke,wouldn't even zip up wrong color,awful save ur money & order from a legit company.we threw it in the trash !!!

cecillem
7/6/15

My review on SiteJabber caught the eye of the folks at Dress Lily, who sent me another of their incomprehensible notes saying, essentially, that they wanted the customer to be satisfied. But I STILL haven't gotten a refund, and I STILL don't have an address to which to send the defective and oversized item that I STILL have!

carriew23
7/3/15

Stay away from this website.
It takes months to ship.
Clothing looks/is cheap.
Awful.
Lies (They say that they are fit through CHINESE sizes, which don't make sense at all, why would they have a site that looks American, and run by sizes of another country? And, as I have been reading throughout other reviews, they NEVER ANSWERED why the clothing material was poorly sewn, or just made awfully.)
This is just a total disgrace.
BASTARD! Sizes are based in China?? You have made your website look so darn American! Then why don't you make them American sizes?! This just doesn't make sense at all!

87 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DressLily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How do I cancel my order before they ship it and get my money back
12/1/14
Answer
russellw19
A: Janet B must work for Dresslily. I had to file a claim with the credit card company to finally get a response. They ask for your address 3 or 4 times, then they offer you an 8" discount on your NEXT order. The company is a SHAM, and does not operate like a credible company. Don't be deceived by Janet B. The customer service is made up of people who can barely understand and communicate in English, and they could care less about you.
5/9/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: What is your street address, please
3/4/15
Answer
lorrainem21
A: Ordered and paid a dress in 30th March and got it 4th April with a small arms compare to a dress itself, very, very low quality,,,. For me its a big "no",, sorry.
6/5/15