US Government's NSF

support@dresslily.com

216 Reviews for DressLily

▼ Sort by: recent

9/1/14

From the minute I saw this dress on your website, I knew that it was perfect for me! Thank you dresslily.com for your amazing dresses and outstanding service!

8/31/14

Website is a scam. Order was told after two weeks that one item was on back order. Asked if I wanted something else. Explained I would just like a refund. Was told 5-7 days I could expect. Have not recieved it and when I asked why, they asked that I wait several days more. Not sure what that means. Scam.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site

8/29/14

My order was placed 7/15/14. Literally a MONTH later with nothing other than a shipping notice, I STILL haven't received it. Similar to other reviews, miraculously the 7-10 shipping period suddenly turned into a minimum of a month to ship-LAUGHABLE. I will say they responded to my tickets quickly but it was less than helpful since "I didn't request a tracking number" and there was no way to determine where my order currently is. So well over 2.5 months later, I still do not have said order. If you have a minimum of 6 months before you need/want your order, this site is perfect for you!

8/29/14

Like most of you I wish I had read these reviews before ordering. My package is a month late and still not delivered. Not sure if I'll ever see it lol. But there is a solution for anyone out there who has time to follow up with these issues...failure to comply with the provisions they have on their site is a breach of contract as well as contrary to most consumer protection laws in the US...which is DressLily's home base. Someone should really follow up with this.

8/29/14

After 2,5 months of waiting and messaging I have still not received the item I have paid for.

The first message I send did get a snappy reply that I found very offensive. I would just have to wait and they refused to take a look at my order. The second message I send didn't even get a reply and I have send a third message now asking for a refund.

I will not buy anything from this business again! Total waste of time and money!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy anything from this site, I get the idea that they are just a scam.

8/28/14

If I could give 0 stars I would. I ordered my products on 7/29/2014. Per their website my order should have shipped within 1-4 days and I should have received it 7-10 days after that. There was no activity on my order after 8 days so I contacted them via their service ticket program. the response I received was that one item was now on back order (even though it was still listed as available per their site) and they would ship my order after the item in question was in stock on the 25th. When I raised concern about this they offered me a 10% coupon for my next purchase. When I complained yet again that their customer service was less than sub par they informed me that they shipped the in stock items of my order and I could receive them in 7-25 days!!!! The tracking information given was not valid and I was not able to track my package. By this point I threatened to contact Paypal, my states Attorney General, as well as my bank. With that threat they told me the remainder of my order shipped 8/22/2014. I contacted the shipper this morning 8/28/2014 and they have yet to receive my package and have only received electronic notification of said package on 8/21/2014. I have now started a claim with Paypal, and contacted my Attorney General. This is ridiculous! DO NOT BUY FROM DRESSLILY.COM

8/26/14

"Worst customer service experience. Not only did it take over a month to ship (it says 10-14 days to my country), all of a sudden their customer service says no it's really up to 20 days. Either way it was over a month. I finally receive my denim jeans and it has no hole to button. Literally no hole... To button. The maker forgot to make a hole. I sent dresslily photos and what was their reply? "You need to use a tool to cut it yourself". They gave me a faulty item and expect me to do a DIY. I told then I am unsatisfied and something needs to be done eg a refund. They then asked if I want a coupon code for next purchase. That is the last time I'm purchasing from there so there's no need for a coupon so they can make more money for me to wait another month. If this was any other online retail store they would have either refunded or ship another one. Customer service is so poor I do not recommend it to anyone. Don't bother. Save yourself the time and money rather than going back and fourth."

Tip for consumers: Don't bother. Save your time and money because if any issues does come up, customer service will not help. They are pretty useless in sustaining customers.

8/21/14

I wish I had seen these reviews before I purchased! I have had a similarly awful experience. I ordered a jacket for my boyfriend, who is 5' 10" and 170 pounds. He could barely fit his arms into the sleeves, however, it wouldn't have been a problem if they had just refunded me or accepted my return. They now tell me if I ship it back, they will refund me "85%" but I have to pay for overseas shipping. I have asked for the return address 3 times, but they always just say they're happy to help, and could I accept a discount instead? HORRIBLE service and website. They appear to be making thousands of dollars by ripping off people like me.

8/21/14

I've made two separate orders with Dresslily and although the sizing was a little off (I'm from Australia) the quality was good for what I have paid for. My first order took 10 working days to arrive and the second 17 days. Communication from their support office was faultless. When reading all these negative reviews, I sometimes think I might be dealing with a different company??!! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this company to my friends, I've found them to be very satisfactory for their prices.

Tip for consumers: Use the sizing guide that accompanies the garment!!!!!

8/21/14

I was very shocked at some of the reviews. I had a great experience with Dresslily! I ordered 2 products, both of which were wonderful products--a dress and pair of earrings. The dress I ordered fit me perfectly (I always wear a medium and that was what I ordered). And their prices are absolutely amazing!

8/21/14

I dont understand why there so so many negative remarks about this website. I've used them 3 times, and I absolutely love what they've sent me. It's obvious that the sizes are based on Asian women, so the size you wear in the US will be bigger. The shipping was great, and the customer service is very professional.
Will keep ordering.

Tip for consumers: Keep in mind the sizes are different to those from the US.

8/21/14

The merchandise I received was all way too small and I am a size 6 woman! I had ordered a large bathing suit, even, that was too small on top. The one size fits all chifon wrap would not fit, either. I also ordered three pairs of shorts. Two were very tight for my small frame and the third one did not even have the holes drilled in the button holes! When I messaged them regarding it, they kept asking me questions back and asked me to take pictures when I asked for a refund. They said they would give me 5% credit on another order. When I said no, that I wanted a refund, they said they only give refunds within one week, 7 days! Convenient, as they try to wheel and deal to give time to go over their week. Do not order from this site! It's a scam!!!

8/21/14

Horrible never received my merchandise. The customer service number always goes to voicemail and they give you the run around when you contact them by email! DONT ORDER FROM DRESS LILY EVER! YOU WILL REGRET IT!I wish I could give a negative star.

Tip for consumers: I wish I could give a negative star

8/19/14

What a scam. Wanted to return 5 out of 8 items. Wrong sizes, poor stitching, different color.

I am raising this complaint because dresslily is a disreputable website. This is another scam as it lures people to buying affordable clothes at subpar quality (dresslily and sammydress --- their clothes come from the same warehouse/location in China), recognizing that customers are powerless to return their items due to high prices. Dresslily also screens its negative feedback, which is how it lures new customers like me to purchase from them in bulk.

Escalate your claim to paypal!!! Received $50 back when I raised the claim.

8/17/14

I have been very satisfied with the service I received from Dresslily and would be likely to recommend them.

Tip for consumers: The colours of the product do differ from the photos sometimes.

8/13/14

I had a horrible experience with this site. Wish i would have looked up the reviews first. I ordered an XL swimsuit. They sent me a L and I contacted them. They said they will send the right size out right away. I got the swimsuit and it was the same size as the first but the tags were cut. They said I needed to send a pic of the tags to them for a refund. I couldnt do that since they were cut. They refused to refund me. Luckily Paypal helped me get a full refund.

8/13/14

STAY AWAY, total sham---no business morals at all!!
Dresslily sizing is way off "normal" US sizing...when I said they sent me wrong sizes from what I ordered they responded with "We are the Asian size and maybe it is smaller than yours ."
Then they lied and sent me different sizing charts then what is on dress page and said they could not send out correct size as it was out of stock when it was not!
Complete run around from this company and if I return the order THEY made mistake on I pay shipping plus only get 80% refund!!!
I had read the negative reviews but placed an order as I loved the dress (ordered 2 the same as I read sizing was different but then they sent wrong sizes), then contacted them as soon as I placed order hoping to avoid any of the deceit....nope they still screw people over! Pretty dresses 2 sizes too small and lots of lies is what I got!

8/13/14

Be aware people, this site is fraud!! The items are made from cheap quality. Torn the first time I tried them on, photos are deceiving, sizes are vs. I learned the hard way NEVER buy from them again.

8/13/14

Dresslily is a money making scam. They take consumers money and don't deliver their goods.
Their tracking system does not work and there is no contact details for them.

8/12/14

I ordered a courset off dresslily and couldn't be more satisfied! My product arrived about two weeks after I ordered it, which is quick concidering it was shipped from Japan! Many people complain that the sizes run to small, but as you check out it prompts you to look at the size guide which is available next to each item you buy. Following the size guide, I picked out a size medium whereas in the USA I'm an extra small. The site made it easy to compare sizes and styles and ultimatly got me the perfect product I wanted!

8/10/14

I want to give a fair view of this website based on my recent purchase. I am from Australia. I placed my order on 29/6/14. After that, I have done a research on this website which I should have done it before but was impressed with the clothes there. I was so scared after the research as so many people said they did not receive their orders after months. I have ordered around US$100. Luckily, I received my first delivery on 21/7, then another delivery on 25/7 and the final on 1/8. To be honest, the quality is not great but acceptable at the price. I can tell these may be sample clothes with loose threads and lots of wrinkles. The sizes may be more suitable for petites or Asians. Hope this helps the people who want to buy from this website.

8/8/14

I placed an order with Dresslily on the 18th of July. I didn't know anything about this website and still ordered (pretty dumb of me, really, as it's smthg I tend not to do). The same night, I went on the Internet to find information and stumbled upon this site. Needless to say I worried my butt off after reading all the super negative comments.

But on the 21st, I received an email saying that my order had been shipped out and that it would be delivered with the next 10 to 25 days. So I gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought that it would (only) be a 29€ loss if worst came to worst (and that if by the 15th of August I hadn't heard anything, I would e-mail them).

I don't know if it's because my order was purely jewellery or because it was shipping to France or just because I didn't have a complete meltdown after 2 weeks of not hearing or receiving anything (maybe I'm just lucky), but I was surprised by the door bell yesterday morning (so 17 days after the shipping confirmation e-mail and almost a month after ordering): the postman had a package from Singapore!
Nothing was missing from my package, everything was just as it looked on the website and they were within the time-range they had given me.

I will order again from them. But only jewellery.
For cheap clothing there's Primark -here or in London- and I'm extremely reluctant of buying without trying (even more so with Chinese sizes).

Don't fool yourself: OF COURSE it isn't going to be the most magnificent of qualities (have you SEEN the prices?!), OF COURSE it's going to take a bloody long time to be shipped (the prices are extremely low so they can't really afford paying their employees and UPS or Fedex now, can they? They choose the cheapest -and longest- way of sending the packages).

So as a conclusion I would say : stay way clear of the clothing (what's the point in ordering only to be disappointed by quality or shipping time?) but go crazy for the jewellery!

8/7/14

I have purchased 2 belts, a piece of jewelery, 1 pants, 1 tshirt, 1 top and 1 dress. I was happy about everything except the dress..

That's not really what I expected it to be.. The colour is really different than the picture said. It's seethrough, I hadn't expected that neighter, but it's not cheap so I don't really mind.. But the size is a dissaster.. The website said "1 size fits all". I'm a size medium, so i guessed that would be allright. But it was really short and to tight. When i bend over, you can see all of my underwear. So that's dissapointing. But overall I'm happy about my purchase.

I had to contact customer service, because I could not track my order, and they where helpfull. No complaints about that!

8/6/14

The jewellery is reasonably ok and cheap, but the quality of the clothing are really bad and inferior. Pls only expect 30% from what you see in the pic.

8/6/14

Buyer beware! Sizes are way too small, unless you are a size zero. They need to follow the global standard sizing if they want sell to other markets other than China. Customer service was great, but will not be buyimg from this website again. Be warned!

8/6/14

I recomended this website to my uncle, not knowing that it was a $#*!ty ass scam. These motherfckers lied to me nd my uncle nd took our money. He ordered 3 shirts for $51 nd payed fast shipping for $23.We waited for 2 weeks nd it still hasn't come.The tracking numbers are fake,smdh i'm going to make sure this site is shut down. I'm going to find them and cut there legs off and feed it to my dogs.

8/6/14

Took months to get my package. Issued a dispute on paypal, but Dresslily wouldn't admit to never sending the package. Finally after pushing I finally got the coat in the mail. VERY poor quality, definitely not "wool blend" as advertised and way to small, despite going by size chart on the site. Definitely a seedy website.

8/5/14

I am pleased to order new items at Dresslily because you have got a great choice of clothes, accessories, jewelery at cheap price. Overall the quality of clothes is decent for the price.
I have received my first order a month after the process so don't be too impatient.
Be carefull about the size some of their clothes could be pretty small as asian size.
If you want to return back an item you must pay the postage to China which is pretty expensive wherever you are. The customer service of Dresslily has offered me a coupon as I have decided to keep the item. Great and quick customer service.

8/4/14

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE! I attempted to return my purchase with their "customer service" department after I received two see-through, cheap quality dresses, and two bathing suits that were too small and both had frayed stitching. In short, we e-mailed back and forth for three weeks while I insisted I wanted a full refund. They told me they would give me 8% back to keep it, then 15% back, then if I really wanted to return it, I would have to pay the return shipping and the FREE delivery charge in the form of 15% of the items cost. Basically, they would not take these items back NO MATTER WHAT. They asked for photos of the items next to a ruler to show their measurements were off. They told me to keep the items and give to a friend. They excused the see-through material by stating "Sometimes materials are manufactured that way". I intended to copy and paste their RIDICULOUS emails and post it here but unfortunately, they have deleted my support ticket from their website now that they credited me back 20% off to keep the items (it worked out the same as the return delivery cost to China and less hassle). In the end, I would NEVER shop here again. I lost all my money and am left with four useless, unwearable pieces of garbage. If you order from this site, be aware that there are NO RETURNS or refunds.

7/30/14

Ordered a swimsuit in May. My order said processing for 2 months. Finally sent them an email to ask what's up and they said they don't have it in stock and could I order something else! Our summer is almost over- so just asked for a refund. Haven't heard back yet :/ Don't waste your time.

7/30/14

this shop is absolutely ridiculous! I ordered a dress and two bathing suits and I ordered in bigger sizes than I acually am according to the size tables they provide! normally I am a size 10-12 and the dress I ordered was in XL and I couldnt even fit my head in it. I let 4 or my girlfriends try it on who are even slimmer than me and the dress showed their bums and was an absolute terrible fit! the bathing suits were size L apparently but not even a child would fit in it.
I complained about the sizes and they had me taking photos of the products with a ruler beside it. I did that and then they offered me 20% refund and told me to give the products to my friends to make them happy. I complained a bit more and tried to explain that i didnt order to make my friends happy and got offered a 50% refund.
I complained again as this is absolutey not acceptable! loosing money for items i cannot use and i cant even make my friends happy with them as nothing fits!
never again!!!! stay away unless you are incredibly doll-sized! :D

7/29/14

HORRIBLE! I order a coat and don't receive it or hear anything from the company for over a month. When i finally inquired about where the order is at, I was told that the product is out of stock! I had to either choose another product or get a refund. After the poor service, i just wanted a refund so i asked for one. they said they'd organize a refund in 3-5 days...it has been over a week now and I'm still waiting! I've had to put in another enquiry!

7/28/14

I ordered 3 dresses from this site after seeing it advertised on Facebook. Strike ONE: the order arrived 50 days after purchase even though I paid for and selected the "standard shipping" option which read "delivery in 5-7 business days". I emailed the company multiple times asking for information on my order but did not get a response. Even when I demanded a refund, there was no response, and no customer service.
Strike TWO: After my order finally arrived, it included clothing that I did not order. Once again, there was absolutely no communication on the part of Dress Lilly to remedy the mistake.
Strike THREE: The clothing reeked of toxic chemicals and left a reaction on my skin when I touched them.
Strike FOUR: the clothing runs small. Dresses are shorter, and narrower than displayed in the photographs.
Taking their actions into account, I do not find this company a reputable one and gravely regret providing them with my credit card information.

7/28/14

I am happy with them. Over all, the quality of their clothes is decent for the price. Last time I bought a swim suit. The fabric is quite thin! But I still like it and wear it a lot. So far I have kept all my purchases. I think they offer really cute clothes. It helps to be small and skinny when buying from China.

7/28/14

I can find a lot of good things in Dresslily.com. My last purchase was very good because it was like all the clothes I wanted. I loved the quality of the clothes. And the customer service is very efficient. I am currently planning my next purchase.

7/25/14

This is a horrible online company. They will not exchange or return items unless it is a mistake on their part. (wrong color, etc) The dress I ordered was extremely small. The sizing chart said a size small should fit a person with a dress size of 4-6. I wear a size 2 (USA) typically so I assumed the small would fit fine. When I tried to exchange the dress for a bigger size (M-L) they told me it was my responsibility to understand the sizing chart. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

7/25/14

I'm not so happy with my order. Unfortunately I didn't receive my order yet. I believe it can be because of my country's international port, but I can't tell about my experience because I didn't have one yet...Thanks

7/24/14

My clothes arrived today. Track pants were good. Dress looked a bit different and was a bit shorter you could almost see my vagina. High waisted pants were too small and looked better online. I had a feeling these clothes were gonna be small because it is an Asian website and they are all small. Definitely wouldn't shop here again. Wish I read these reviews to begin with!

7/23/14

I wanted to buy 11 club dresses for my girl friend which is her birthday in couple of weeks, but after reading all the bad reviews , I am gonna pass it.Taking in consideration that I live in the UK would have been a pain in the back side to report them to the police and then get my money back. I think that everyone who's got an unpleasant experience with them , should report to the police and they will take this con artist down.

7/23/14

I bought a denim jacket from DressLily for my teenage daughter, thinking it would fit her. However, instead of a should width of 44cm as per the product dimensions, the actual width is roughly 36cm from shoulder to shoulder!! The size difference is shocking. The quality of their product is terrible. I can't return it as the the cost of the return freight would cost more than the jacket. I'm so terribly disappointed. I was eagerly waiting to buy more stuff from their website but now this experience has soured it. None of my friends are interested any longer.

7/22/14

Horrible site....clothes are small, customer service does not know proper English and does not answer your questions and you are stuck with your product because it's $20 to send back to china! Run away fast!!

7/22/14

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM DRESS LILY! THEY ARE CROOKS. THEY SENT ME THE WRONG ITEM, AND IT WAS DAMAGED AND WOULD NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!! NOTHING LOOKS LIKE THE PICTURES!!!!

7/21/14

My experience with DressLily has been the most awful of any online shopping experience I have ever had.
Throughout the process I have contacted their customer service with a number of questions and none of them were ever answered. I asked them if I could receive confirmation that my package was indeed paid for and would be shipped, if I could upgrade my shipping, if I could take two of the items off of the order, and if I could get an estimate on when I would be receiving my order. I asked these questions many times and every time I got an answer thanking me for my order without answering any of the questions.
They also told me that two of the items I ordered were out of stock even though they were not labeled so when I purchased them. These were the two that I asked to be refunded for and they still have not refunded me for them even though they've read the email and responded to it.
The way they respond without answering my questions makes me think that they either do not speak english well enough to understand my questions or that they are purposefully ignoring them. Either way this is a huge issue.

If you have any questions or changes to be made about your order with this site, they may never answer them as they have not for me. If you are unhappy with your order or would like to be refunded, they won't do anything about it and you won't get your money back.

7/19/14

I purchased 3 items. Dress is nothing as it appears on the site, thin and a swimsuit cover up not dress! 2 swimsuits- one is missing the straps, the other the back tie is not sewn!! Thank God I'm a seamstress. Also attempted to contact them, they do not have any way to contact them now!! I'm very disappointed. Never again!!

7/19/14

Dresslily has satisfied my clothing needs! The free shipping was fast and the dress is just what I was expecting.

7/19/14

I also have few dresses ordered and through the site they see der super nice but when I put them in the market did it look like it's got or something was looked spit ugly and I wanted to send it back but they take no longer to the clothes I am not happy with this site and I have really a lot of money given to this rot site! They also respond via facebook of dreslily not you just ignore them!
and I order a large size L or so and yet it comes too later!!!!
I touch NO ONE on this site is super bad quality of the dress is bad they are reliable you can order the dress but you get your money back more.

7/19/14

I am truly a HAPPY customer. I will refer all my friends to Dresslily. This will be my only online shopping website.

7/18/14

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!! Fake tracking numbers and they tired to use my Credit Card. Thankfully I have an amazing bank that stopped them in their tracks. I assume the good reviews are fake. Seriously, run away from this site. SCAM!!!!

7/16/14

I bought a swim suit. I received it within two weeks, but it did not fit (way to small). The measurements provided were the smallest numbers on the scale! Anyway, I ordered another one two sizes up and it fits much better. The new one also arrived very quickly from China. My COMPLAINT is this: When I asked to do a return, they informed me that they would not do a full refund only the commodity cost, they said it would cost me more to return it than my refund. USE CAUTION when buying. NO FULL REFUNDS ON RETURNS IF TO SMALL. ORDER TWO SIZES UP FROM RECOMMENDED MEASUREMENTS! I will probably be eating the cost of the first suit since it may be impossible to find an ebay buyer that is that tiny. Maybe someone from China will buy it! :)

7/16/14

I recently, got my package from dress lilly today, after waiting a bit over a month. I ordered it last month. and when i did receive it, i had order overall shorts, and there were no slits to button it. and my dress was made with very cheap material, you can see the stitches in the dress. it looks like a sticker. My swim wear came but the size was very small, so if you are going to order from dresslilly.com i suggest you get double your size, if you are a medium get x-tra large! they make the clothing very small. I am not satisfied with my package. I would recommend no one shop here for clothing, only thing that came out good was the jewelry,watches,and bags.

The Best Dress Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber