US Government's NSF

241 Reviews for DressLily

▼ Sort by: recent

chelseaf5
9/11/14

I liked the clothes. they were surprising good quality for the price. better then some stores in my city, so it makes it worth the wait for shipping. and with free shipping you can get as much or as little as you want. i LOVE the free shipping. i did have to wait a long time for the one order i placed to even ship but another one i placed was shipped he next day so i don't know if they were just bogged down at that one time or something. they will ship out an order if its not complete so you get what you can when you can but they do try to keep it all together. they didn't notify me when a couple of items i had ordered and paid for were no longer in stock, which was annoying. but once i asked about it, they gave me the option of replacing it or getting a refund, which i liked the option. i got the refund because of confusion with currency exchange but my paypal notified me in a day that it was there and three days later it was in my bank account. overall i liked there stuff and they are a good company!

Tip for consumers: check the measurements on EVERYTHING you buy. the sizes are not universal (like all smalls aren't the same size)

sashal3
9/11/14

I've read some awful reviews about this site, but when I found my dream dress at such cheap price, I couldn't resist myself to put in an order. I completely regret this decision.

After I ordered it, the website said shipping takes 3 weeks. After a month, I contacted them about the status of my purchase. They responded the next day, but told me my dress was out of stock. (I read that other customers had the same problem. I think it's a Chinese sweatshop that makes the dress upon order, and they lie saying it's out of stock as an excuse for the long process.) The customer service told me it will take another month to restock, and then another 8-25 business day to ship. At this point, I just didn't care anymore as long as I'd still get the dress in the end. So today the dress was finally shipped to me after more than 2 months (I think I am lucky because according to some of the reviews, some customers never even received their orders), but boy, what a disappointment it is! The dress was so poorly constructed, the seams are crooked. The stripes don't line up, and the silhouette was so unflattering, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with it beside tossing it into the trash can.

I don't mind waiting for a while for the shipping with such a low price, but seriously this is what I was waiting for? What's the point??!!!

Please learn from my mistake. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!! You will regret it for sure.

reannanj
9/10/14

So i ordered a dress from dress lily yes i understood standard shipping would take longer but not 2 and a half months!!!and now that i have it ..it doesnt fit me i dont see how this can be an XL its made for someone whos skinny.. oh and i never received a card in my mailbox to go collect it from my post office and when my dad went there to get something for himself my parcel had been sitting there for 2 weeks and i had no idea! !! Dont order from them its a waste of time and money

Tip for consumers: Dont even bother wasting your time clothes wont fit a regular sized person

jamesf74
9/10/14

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!! I ordered 2 shirts, took 4 weeks to arrive - when they arrived they 'Large' (I don't know in what universe these could be determined large - they'd fit a a skinny 8 year old! I lived in Thailand for 2 years and never saw anything quite as small as this for a 'Large') The worst bit is, after my initital contact regarding size, they replied and said i'd have to pay for postage both ways or they'd return 20% of original cost - which isn't great. BUT the worst part is they've completely stopped communicating when asking about shipping costs! Lucky i only spent 30 bucks! Nightmare. DO NOT BOTHER

shereed
9/10/14

Absolute GARBAGE!!! Do not waste your time. Anyone who says anything good for this site/company must work for them!!! Everything is too good to be true...from the prices to the quality. The material is thin, the stitching is worse, and the service is always an email that goes to spam. Dont even try to return anything as it is impossible. First, there is a 20% restocking fee and not even returnable if you don't pay for the $30 shipping. It takes 5 weeks to get it by then the season to wear it is over. "Swimwear" that I ordered turned out to be crappy lingerie! I am dropping off this $#*! at Goodwill asap. $100.00 is a cheap lesson learned!!! I wish that I would've seen the reviews before i placed an order.

Tip for consumers: One a word....GARBAGE! Consider your money a donation because you'll never see it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

isabelay
9/9/14

that is awful
the qualulity is awful
every thing is awful
i couldnt belive that it is the same dress
i cant find any similarities between them
and also its torn.
Please never ever buy anything from this site

Tip for consumers: never ever buy anything from this site

patrial
9/7/14

Never ever buy from this company!! I am from New Zealand and ordered some clothes from them online. Every single item was disgusting! Now I am not stupid and I realise that for the prices that they charge I was never going to get a perfect item of clothing but what they sent was absolutely laughable!! The sewing was atrocious, in fact I could sew better which is really saying something. One dress that looked like a thick structured fabric in the picture was infact a flimsy satin mess that looked as though it was the lining for the actual dress itself. One of the cream tops I received has ink stains all over the back and for some reason the necklines on all the garments I ordered are high and tight when they appeared low and floaty in the pictures on line worn by European models not Asian models! I am only a size 8-10 in NZ and I did order larger sizes so their sizing is way out!!

Please do not waste your time and money on these people. After reading other negative comments I am guessing that I probably wont even get a refund as they obviously try to make it as hard as they can.

We have a programme here in NZ called Fair Go who name, shame and contact disreputable companies on your behalf then air it on TV. Maybe that's the way to go!!

adim3
9/6/14

Great prices, fast process, very good service and resolution center.
Accurate description and photos.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you look at all the pictures of the product you want.

elselineb
9/5/14

I love this website! They have nice clothes, shoes etc. The service is nice as well. If you have a question, they respond quickly.

vanessad12
9/5/14

Very poor quality of clothes and a XL size was actually a S. I will never order from this webiste agin

brunam
9/5/14

I bought a coat and I simply loved it. It has high quality and good price. I received the parcel in time, around 2 months (to South America) and I had also a warranty offered by dresslily because I paid through paypal.

amys59
9/5/14

I had a really good experience with dress lily. There was one missing item from my order, but the items I did receive are all great. For such low prices you would expect low quality, but all of my pieces were really nice. I have contacted them about the missing item, so we shall see how that goes.

aidenp3
9/5/14

My overall experience with Dresslily is good. I find their merchandise is unique, chic, and reasonably priced however their stocking and shipping system leave much to be desired. I must babysit my orders to make sure the items are in stock. They have additional promos and coupons that are definite perks but be prepared to wait at least two months for your items and make constant contact with their Costumer Service, which is prompt and organized.

Tip for consumers: Be prepared to wait and babysit your order items.

helenah3
9/5/14

He hecho dos pedidos en esta tienda y los dos han llegado bien. Hubo un retraso en el segundo pedido por falta de stock de un producto, pero pude cambiarlo por otro.

En cuanto a los tiempos de envío, el primer pedido llegó en 3 semanas, el segundo por los problemas que comento tardó 7 semanas.

La calidad de la ropa es aceptable teniendo en cuenta el precio y además hay una gran variedad de artículos. En los accesorios hay más diferencia de calidad, unos me sorprendieron por su buen acabado y resistencia y otros son muy frágiles.

El pago lo hago por PayPal, de manera que si hay algún problema o no me llegan los artículos siempre puedo abrir una disputa y PayPal se encargará de no enviarle el dinero a Dresslily.

En definitiva, estoy contenta con las compras que he realizado y próximamente encargaré más cosas.

irinam

hi
i was order in dresslily many times ago.
i ordered dress and jewelry.
I like the service on this site.
operational service works.
fast shipping and good quality.
I advise everyone to buy on this site.

aimee-maries
9/5/14

I bought 5 items, all dresses. All were actually really good quality and shipping to Australia was quite fast. Will definitely buy from dresslily again and have already placed another order. Great for cheap fun dresses! 2 of them were two small but they made great gifts for my housemates!

Tip for consumers: Make sure to double check measurements as they run small compared to European or American sizing!

juliev5
9/5/14

"I bought 2 items in this shop. 2 bathing suit. I did not have to wait very long and was very happy of the good quality of the clothes, which is surprising for the very low price. The only problem, big in my opinion, is the sizes. They have a scale on which you are suppose to know what size will fit you well. In my case, it was suppose to be L. But it was wrong. The swimming suits were too small. I had to order two XL. That was disappointing...
Anyway, I am thinking to shop again in Dresslily, they have gorgeous jewelry and accessories.

Tip for consumers: Reed the comments of the costumers about the sizes.

mackenzies1
9/4/14

I've recently purchased two orders from DressLily.com and I'm not impressed with the quality of their clothes. It took forever to get them, and I was very dissatisfied with the overall appearance of the clothes I purchased.

Tip for consumers: Very bad quality

roxroxb
9/4/14

I have recently made my first order on Dresslily and I was very happy with the entire process. Plus the package arrived very quickly to Romania - about two weeks.
I will definitely order again from Dresslily.

rajatk1
9/4/14

Dress Lily is an amazing website with such low price products. I love their accessories. I order something almost every week. The packages arrive in 3 weeks which is fine for me. I get so many compliments when I wear their stuff. Till now I have purchased atleast 20 necklaces and some earrings. Love all of them.Will definitely shop again from here.

Tip for consumers: Do try the jewelry. Its so much cheaper than what we get somewhere else and the quality is the same.

alinad4
9/4/14

The shipping it's so fast and the Merchandise are really nice ...I'm trying to not buy apparel because the sizes are totally different and is a waste of money but accesories and bags are pretty cool. Thank you dresslily

Tip for consumers: Anyone can try ...it's pretty cheap ;)

hadasg
9/4/14

"I love the site and the products they offer, but the processing time and delivery time are too long..ive ordered at 08/20/14 and its still in processind

alyonak
9/4/14

I do not understand why so many negative reviews here because I received my order and everything was okay, generally I am satisfied with the delivery time, free shipping from abroad to Russia can not be fast, I got used to it. some products are just wonderful, like a swimsuit that I ordered as a gift to my mother, I would like to order the same for myself. I am very happy with prices and discounts, and generally it's a very nice store, but I would like to see there are more unusual items, such as long medieval old-fashioned dresses and hats, more noble, refined flat shoes, instead of vulgar sexual shoes and dresses.

poojar2
9/4/14

I bought clothes from this website twice. the delivery time was reasonably fast and the prices are really great. The quality is not so good but its worth the price.

saraa21
9/4/14

This place is awful! Don't order from them.
Everything takes over a month to receive.
When I finally did receive my clothing everything was poor quality, and one of the jackets had a tear in the lining. Your money is spent better elsewhere.

nhungf
9/4/14

I order twice from Dresslily, it comes not too bad, good quality just long delivery time and smaller website size.
Recommend you buy from them. Quite cheap compared to another shop

kater25
9/3/14

I learned my lesson. Do not ever buy from Dresslily (www.dresslily.com)! They are total scam. They ship their items from China. So you get your to wait your package coming for about 1.5 month. They shipped my order after 2 weeks after I originally placed it. The items came in a plastic pouch packed in very cheap transparent plastic bags. I will be posting pictures if I will be able to do so. Even seam holes did not look as bad as the quality of material. You hope that you get what is on the picture but you get a cheap copy of the item they sell on their website. Customer service was rude and unprofessional, absolutely of no help. I know it is very tempting to buy from them because they have low prices but the piece of crap you may get is of such a low quality that you can't wear it without looking like a bum. I sent their items back and got no refund. Beware! The only reason I am giving them 5 stars is that you get to see that message!!
Below is their response to my request for a refund because of the quality issues (I changed my name for the privacy purposes):

Message Type: After-sale Service (defective items /wrong items received/item missing)
Subject: Quality issue
Message: Hello,
I would like to make a return because of the quality issues. Every single one of the items I received is of low quality readily recognizable without detailed inspection. I would like to return it as soon as possible. Let me know if you need me to send you more pictures as a proof.
Thank you.
State: Waiting for your reply
Full Name: Kate Rodgers
Attachment : Attachment 1 Attachment 2 Attachment 3

Dresslily Customer Support?At :07/10/2014 08:20:31 PM
Dear Kate ,

so sorry to hear that .

As you have received the items ,how about send it to your friend as gift ? then we can refund $6 as compensation .

If you send back the items ,shipping fee will be very high ,we need charge you 15%restocking fee for items price ,and shipping fee has been used ,so can't refund .

Next time when you place new order,we will offer you some discount ,ok ?

If you still want to return ,we will send you return address .

Sorry for the inconvenience .

Regards,
Candy

Dresslily Customer Support?At :07/10/2014 09:00:10 PM
Hello. I need a full refund and a pre-paid shipping label. Quality of the items is unacceptable and what type of restocking fees are you talking about? I received all items in plastic bags which has $0 value I will pack it back the way I received the order. This is a total ripoff and I am about to file a complaint if my case is not handled properly and in a timely manner. I am not going to pay $25-30 per piece for items of terrible or, to be specific, no quality. I will need to contact my credit card otherwise.

Thank you.

Dresslily Customer Support?At :07/11/2014 08:09:55 PM
Dear Kate ,

Thanks for your message .

If you keep the items ,we can refund $10 .

Or you can send back the items ,and you need pay shipping fee ,we never pay shipping fee .

Thank you so much for contacting us .

Best wishes ?

Candy

Dresslily Customer Support?At :07/11/2014 08:15:45 PM
Hello Candy,

From now on I am proceeding with PayPal Resolution Center on disputing this transaction. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Kate Rodgers

Dresslily Customer Support?At :07/13/2014 08:45:18 PM
My pleasure.

Have a nice day !

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from Dresslily! You won't get your money back! They make you pay for the return to China (they ship items from there) out of pocket and they make you pay them a restocking fee (which is a joke, my items came in the cheapest transparent plastic bags you can imagine). Even if I get something from them, that's like a $40-50 loss for me.

loriq1
9/3/14

I've already recommended this site to a few people. The dresses, jewelry and hair pieces were so unique and well priced. I've purchased several Christmas presents and am now debating as to whether I will keep them for myself!

sylvt
9/3/14

bought 2 items, one of them fits perfectly, but the other one too big, despite having the same size (S). Even based on the body measurement featured on the webpage, I thought both items would fit me. Other than that, everything else went fine; delivery was fast and the item arrived safely. Didn't do any returns or interact with the customer service, so can't comment on that.

tylerp8
9/2/14

I just ordered my items a while back and am very satisfied with the prices!! Cute and afordable and can't wait for them to come in!!

Tip for consumers: I actually ordered my items a while back (about 2 and a half weeks ago) and they still haven't come in. I read that they mostly take up to several months to deliver items most of the time, and I ordered winter items and I hope they'll be here by then. If you're worried about punctuation....then order WAAAYYYYY ahead of season lol

audras2
9/2/14

I was pleased! I only ordered jewelry, so I can't say anything about the clothing items, but my experience was positive. The items I ordered and received were here within a week, and exactly what the listing said they were. Bottom line..? I'd order from them again.

Tip for consumers: People seem displeased with items of clothing... buy at your own risk, maybe?

christianb39
9/2/14

This is a wonderful site with amazing deals all around saving you money consistenly and time for people like myself who work long hours!!!

Tip for consumers: this site rocks!!!!

nelliel6
9/2/14

If I could give this site 0 stars, I would!! SCAM! I placed the order a month and a half ago, and within a few weeks still have not received so much as an email. So I tried contacting them, for them to tell me there are several missing items. They ask if I want to replace it with something else, and after suggesting 10 other items that also happened to be out of stock, I asked for a refund. Instead, I got 5 items in the mail when I ordered 11, of which are the wrong sizes and one is a completely different product altogether. I have asked for a refund again for my missing items, and still no refund! I have had an absolutely horrible time with this website. NEVER ORDER FROM HERE! THEY'RE JUST STEALING YOUR MONEY.

Tip for consumers: DON'T ORDER HERE. SCAM.

danis12
9/2/14

I have to say I was expecting the worst but my order went swimmingly. Quality wasn't the best but I'll order again, especially when I need one time wear event dresses.

maryj66
9/1/14

From the minute I saw this dress on your website, I knew that it was perfect for me! Thank you dresslily.com for your amazing dresses and outstanding service!

daniellel13
8/31/14

Website is a scam. Order was told after two weeks that one item was on back order. Asked if I wanted something else. Explained I would just like a refund. Was told 5-7 days I could expect. Have not recieved it and when I asked why, they asked that I wait several days more. Not sure what that means. Scam.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site

anal26
8/29/14

My order was placed 7/15/14. Literally a MONTH later with nothing other than a shipping notice, I STILL haven't received it. Similar to other reviews, miraculously the 7-10 shipping period suddenly turned into a minimum of a month to ship-LAUGHABLE. I will say they responded to my tickets quickly but it was less than helpful since "I didn't request a tracking number" and there was no way to determine where my order currently is. So well over 2.5 months later, I still do not have said order. If you have a minimum of 6 months before you need/want your order, this site is perfect for you!

dresslilys1
8/29/14

Like most of you I wish I had read these reviews before ordering. My package is a month late and still not delivered. Not sure if I'll ever see it lol. But there is a solution for anyone out there who has time to follow up with these issues...failure to comply with the provisions they have on their site is a breach of contract as well as contrary to most consumer protection laws in the US...which is DressLily's home base. Someone should really follow up with this.

jillp8
8/29/14

After 2,5 months of waiting and messaging I have still not received the item I have paid for.

The first message I send did get a snappy reply that I found very offensive. I would just have to wait and they refused to take a look at my order. The second message I send didn't even get a reply and I have send a third message now asking for a refund.

I will not buy anything from this business again! Total waste of time and money!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy anything from this site, I get the idea that they are just a scam.

lacyb21
8/28/14

If I could give 0 stars I would. I ordered my products on 7/29/2014. Per their website my order should have shipped within 1-4 days and I should have received it 7-10 days after that. There was no activity on my order after 8 days so I contacted them via their service ticket program. the response I received was that one item was now on back order (even though it was still listed as available per their site) and they would ship my order after the item in question was in stock on the 25th. When I raised concern about this they offered me a 10% coupon for my next purchase. When I complained yet again that their customer service was less than sub par they informed me that they shipped the in stock items of my order and I could receive them in 7-25 days!!!! The tracking information given was not valid and I was not able to track my package. By this point I threatened to contact Paypal, my states Attorney General, as well as my bank. With that threat they told me the remainder of my order shipped 8/22/2014. I contacted the shipper this morning 8/28/2014 and they have yet to receive my package and have only received electronic notification of said package on 8/21/2014. I have now started a claim with Paypal, and contacted my Attorney General. This is ridiculous! DO NOT BUY FROM DRESSLILY.COM

ellep2
8/26/14

"Worst customer service experience. Not only did it take over a month to ship (it says 10-14 days to my country), all of a sudden their customer service says no it's really up to 20 days. Either way it was over a month. I finally receive my denim jeans and it has no hole to button. Literally no hole... To button. The maker forgot to make a hole. I sent dresslily photos and what was their reply? "You need to use a tool to cut it yourself". They gave me a faulty item and expect me to do a DIY. I told then I am unsatisfied and something needs to be done eg a refund. They then asked if I want a coupon code for next purchase. That is the last time I'm purchasing from there so there's no need for a coupon so they can make more money for me to wait another month. If this was any other online retail store they would have either refunded or ship another one. Customer service is so poor I do not recommend it to anyone. Don't bother. Save yourself the time and money rather than going back and fourth."

Tip for consumers: Don't bother. Save your time and money because if any issues does come up, customer service will not help. They are pretty useless in sustaining customers.

joannai
8/21/14

I wish I had seen these reviews before I purchased! I have had a similarly awful experience. I ordered a jacket for my boyfriend, who is 5' 10" and 170 pounds. He could barely fit his arms into the sleeves, however, it wouldn't have been a problem if they had just refunded me or accepted my return. They now tell me if I ship it back, they will refund me "85%" but I have to pay for overseas shipping. I have asked for the return address 3 times, but they always just say they're happy to help, and could I accept a discount instead? HORRIBLE service and website. They appear to be making thousands of dollars by ripping off people like me.

angm2
8/21/14

I've made two separate orders with Dresslily and although the sizing was a little off (I'm from Australia) the quality was good for what I have paid for. My first order took 10 working days to arrive and the second 17 days. Communication from their support office was faultless. When reading all these negative reviews, I sometimes think I might be dealing with a different company??!! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this company to my friends, I've found them to be very satisfactory for their prices.

Tip for consumers: Use the sizing guide that accompanies the garment!!!!!

celenam1
8/21/14

I was very shocked at some of the reviews. I had a great experience with Dresslily! I ordered 2 products, both of which were wonderful products--a dress and pair of earrings. The dress I ordered fit me perfectly (I always wear a medium and that was what I ordered). And their prices are absolutely amazing!

missyb4
8/21/14

The merchandise I received was all way too small and I am a size 6 woman! I had ordered a large bathing suit, even, that was too small on top. The one size fits all chifon wrap would not fit, either. I also ordered three pairs of shorts. Two were very tight for my small frame and the third one did not even have the holes drilled in the button holes! When I messaged them regarding it, they kept asking me questions back and asked me to take pictures when I asked for a refund. They said they would give me 5% credit on another order. When I said no, that I wanted a refund, they said they only give refunds within one week, 7 days! Convenient, as they try to wheel and deal to give time to go over their week. Do not order from this site! It's a scam!!!

feliciab7
8/21/14

Horrible never received my merchandise. The customer service number always goes to voicemail and they give you the run around when you contact them by email! DONT ORDER FROM DRESS LILY EVER! YOU WILL REGRET IT!I wish I could give a negative star.

Tip for consumers: I wish I could give a negative star

tracyl30
8/19/14

What a scam. Wanted to return 5 out of 8 items. Wrong sizes, poor stitching, different color.

I am raising this complaint because dresslily is a disreputable website. This is another scam as it lures people to buying affordable clothes at subpar quality (dresslily and sammydress --- their clothes come from the same warehouse/location in China), recognizing that customers are powerless to return their items due to high prices. Dresslily also screens its negative feedback, which is how it lures new customers like me to purchase from them in bulk.

Escalate your claim to paypal!!! Received $50 back when I raised the claim.

christells
8/17/14

I have been very satisfied with the service I received from Dresslily and would be likely to recommend them.

Tip for consumers: The colours of the product do differ from the photos sometimes.

nickid1
8/13/14

I had a horrible experience with this site. Wish i would have looked up the reviews first. I ordered an XL swimsuit. They sent me a L and I contacted them. They said they will send the right size out right away. I got the swimsuit and it was the same size as the first but the tags were cut. They said I needed to send a pic of the tags to them for a refund. I couldnt do that since they were cut. They refused to refund me. Luckily Paypal helped me get a full refund.

bonnieh31
8/13/14

STAY AWAY, total sham---no business morals at all!!
Dresslily sizing is way off "normal" US sizing...when I said they sent me wrong sizes from what I ordered they responded with "We are the Asian size and maybe it is smaller than yours ."
Then they lied and sent me different sizing charts then what is on dress page and said they could not send out correct size as it was out of stock when it was not!
Complete run around from this company and if I return the order THEY made mistake on I pay shipping plus only get 80% refund!!!
I had read the negative reviews but placed an order as I loved the dress (ordered 2 the same as I read sizing was different but then they sent wrong sizes), then contacted them as soon as I placed order hoping to avoid any of the deceit....nope they still screw people over! Pretty dresses 2 sizes too small and lots of lies is what I got!

Best Online Shops for Dresses Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber