US Government's NSF

maureenl7

105 Reviews for DressLily

▼ Sort by: recent

4/18/14

I made my first order from dresslily.com and i was happy with my purchase. i had read a lot of negative reviews but i thought i would take a chance anyway and im glad i did. i ordered a pair of heel/boots which arrived within a week and they ended up looking exactly like the picture, they are now my favorite and most comfortable pair of heels. i will definitely be ordering from them again. Everyones experience will be different, you just need to take a chance and make the conclusion for yourself.

4/18/14

I bought a couple of dresses from dresslily, and the material is so comfy. With expedited shipping, my items were here within a week and a half. The items are true to size. The prices are great for the items, compared to what you would pay here.

4/18/14

I usually use dresslily for jewelry orders, so most have free shipping (which is great). Whenever I order clothes from here the shipping is sometimes a bit expensive, but the great price of the clothes makes up for whatever you pay in shipping. My orders always come in on time or early; it's a great site for shopping.

4/16/14

DO NOT ORDER HERE!!!
My first order, was great showed up on time express 3-6 days, all 4 items were great. Second order - was still processing after 6 days - so I inquired - was told they don't have one item?? So you can't contact me?? I have to chase you down? That was start of March I still don;t have the $18 refunded. Got the order 2/3 one coat was perfect the other small but love it, Oh BTW// When ordering order 2 sizes bigger than you are! Then you won;t be disappointed.
Third order now will be the last, again processing after 8 days, all I wanted was a purse but the shipping is sooo expensive - I picked 2 other items, because also when products arrive there's $30+ in duty owed!
so a $10 purse 30 shipping and 30 duty // didn't make sense --
Well I chased them down again! to be told they don't have my purse -- ARGH
They won't take the $28 they owe towards a different purse. instead I will wait to see if my money is ever refunded - and I will never order from them again.
And Sammydress is a sister company -- they have all the same stuff!!

4/15/14

I was looking for some combat boot-esque shoes I could wear to work while not having to fork over the price of Doc Martens. I found a relatively cute pair on Dress Lily for a decent price, so I decided to give it a go. I also purchased an absolutely adorable skirt I couldn't wait to wear. I've patronized other "overseas" websites and never had any problems so I didn't really think much about it. First, the shipping cost was astronomical. It was almost as much as the cost of my purchase. Second, it seemed to take FOREVER for me to receive my order. When I finally did receive my order only my boots arrived, no skirt. I e-mailed Dress Lily about this oversight and they replied by telling me that the item was no longer in stock! Why was I not notified of this when I first made my purchase? Fortunately, the cost of the skirt was refunded to me almost immediately, and me, being a fool decided to purchase another super adorable pair of high-heeled booties. That package seemed to have been sent by forces akin to magic because I received it in a fraction of time I received my "combat boots". Speaking of my "combat boots", they started FALLING APART less than a month after I received them, and I hadn't even worn them very often. I consider myself fairly crafty in fixing wardrobe problems, but having to super glue my shoes every time I wear them gets really, really frustrating. I haven't even worn the other pair of shoes because I am terrified they will explode off my feet if I wear them in public. Needless to say, despite the cute clothes/shoes, and the decent prices, I will not be making any future purchases from Dress Lily again.

4/14/14

i will start out by saying that i don't like how this site sucks you in with its super low prices, which end up not so great once the shipping is added.

as others have said, it took way longer to receive my two items than was given when i placed my order. i ordered what i thought was one hoodie and one jacket. the pkg. that came in the mail was a manila-type envelope about the size of 2 paperback books side by side. the two items were completely balled up and stuffed into the envelope. i couldn't understand how 2 fairly bulky articles of clothing could fit into such a small pkg. until i opened it up and saw what i had bought. the material was so thin and cheap. both items were made out of the same cheap polyester even though they look completely different in the pictures. also, their "one size fits all" is not even close. both of my items were listed as such, but both fit so differently. i usually wear a small or medium, but the item that was supposed to be a hoodie just barely fits.

all that being said, i would certainly NEVER order anything from this site again. i only wish i had read some reviews BEFORE i ordered from them.

4/14/14

QUICK SHIPPING, PRODUCTS ARE GREAT QUALITY, LOVE THE ITEMS ON THERE.. REFERRED FRIENDS WHO HAVE ORDERED ALREADY!!!

4/11/14

I GOT MY REFUND...here's my experience. My experience was very similar to those listed here. I placed my order (expedited shipping, 3-6 days), my money was PROMPTLY removed from my account...and then the wait. After approximately 10 days or so I contacted them to find out where my order was and I got the classic, "oh, it's out-of-stock" line they give at dresslily.com/sammydress.com (I strongly suspect these two companies are run by the same scammers). So, first, I guess they weren't going to contact me? I had to contact them...after my order was already late. Second, the dress I ordered that is supposedly out-of-stock is still listed as in-stock on the website. So, they're full of it. I suspect it was never, and still isn't, in stock. And then, I started reading reviews of dresslily and sammydress. Very familiar stories. So, I immediately and aggressively started contacting them. I tried their phone number...it's not real...plain and simple. No answer - EVER. Then I messaged through their website a lot. However, I think what really got results was me telling my story (ie., complaining) on their Facebook site A LOT. They may eventually remove your comments, they're crafty like that, but in the mean time a lot of people (potential customers, or suckers, like myself) will see the complaints and decide not to buy there. Also, I contacted Facebook's ad department (dresslily advertises on Facebook) and let them know that I did. If Facebook is making money off of dresslily.com's ad money then I think they're sharing in the scam profit (maybe a little?). I think this got them moving. So, after doing this solidly for 2-3 days I got my refund. It's in my account. So, don't give up. Get on their Facebook page and let them know how unsatisfied you are. And, if that doesn't work (and even if it does), I suggest you contact the Federal Trade Commission and other appropriate regulatory authorities. These people are making a lot of money off of screwing people over. They need to be shut down.

4/11/14

I ordered Trendy Rivets and Ruffle Design Boots For Men for $18.91. around 50 days later I received a skirt... A SKIRT. What am I going to do with a skirt? When I contacted them no reply. Get what you pay for.. or not even. 0 stars.

4/9/14

Very amazingly good price on everything. I wish the collections could be more. Bought boots, dress, jewelry from them. They look good, especially the $19 dress, everyone thought it's hundred dollar deal. And the service was very friendly, I had one piece of necklace wasn't available, they asked me to pick any other one that I like. I did, and it was a bit more than previous one. They didn't charge me the difference. How nice! I would recommend the site to those no rush to get goodies that you like, because they ship from Asia and it does take a bit long. I think with the price and quality, it's all worth to wait.

4/7/14

The prices are amazing, firstly. The variety of styles is much more than what I would find at a regular store or even in some other online places like Zulily. It's perfect for someone my size (petite/XS/size 0)!

You won't be disappointed!

The long wait time may freak you out at first (my first order had to be shipped in pieces because one of them was a hot sale item. Got my adorable shirt after a month! Love it to pieces!) but contacting the staff is easy; they are very helpful and will write you back promptly.

Just don't panic if they don't write you back on the weekends. They answer Monday through Friday.

Believe me, I heard the horror stories. I found out about all of them AFTER I'd already ordered. Needless to say, I didn't feel very good. But -- maybe I'm a special case? -- the staff was quick to assure me that everything would be okay and stayed in CONSTANT contact about my clothes.

Admittedly, one of the items I ordered was a hot sale item so there was a bit of a delay. One of my packages was ready before the other, so they broke the order up as I stated above. I received my first item a few days ago. It's in perfect condition and fits nicely.

I'd say give it a chance! The staff let me know what was happening every step of the way, and offered refunds on several occasions despite the fact that part of my order had shipped (this is after I got a bit heated/frank and overly worried). Worst case scenario: buy with paypal so you have a bit of consumer protection.

Don't be afraid to contact them! :)

4/5/14

I recently ordered 4 packages from Dress Lily. I happened to order one of the items just as it sold out. Dress Lily was nice enough to send me all of my other packages first and the other later with no extra charge. The items were fairly cheap and have a very good feel when I wear the clothing. Their support team was very nice when it came to the long delivery.

4/5/14

I bought a boots one this site, very happy with the quality of the product and price. I think I'll use this website more times.

4/2/14

I found them from an ad on fb. Products looked great online and dirt cheap. But its true what they say you get what you pay for. One of my watches came and was falling apart. A bracelet I received did not even look like the one in the pic I ordered. I paid $22 for six items. So I didn't even worry about calling or contacting them.

4/1/14

ABSOLUTE SCAM!!!!! This website is the worst! But then again, when you are looking for great clothes at below discount prices you are getting what you paid for. However Thanks to Dresslily I never received what I paid for. I purchased a blouse and dress from the site in January, is it APRIL and never received it. The customer service SUCKS and they are slow to get back with you or not at all. After Two weeks of cyber stalking the site and trying to get a telephone number for the service I was given one that NEVER WORKED. They claim that they are refunding my money (today I received that message) in 5 business days. I have opened up a claim with PAYPAL! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!

4/1/14

Fake phone number??!!! No one answers customer service line! At first, it was a recording that I could not understand. As the days went on, it rang and rang and then nothing. Today, it was the broken recording again that sounds muffled on purpose and then you can understand their operation hours and it cut out. It sounds like Monday-Friday 17 o'clock! And their machine capacity is FULL so you cant leave a message.
I've also been submitting messages to their customer service page and have not gotten a reply after leaving several complaints and asking WHERE MY ORDER IS!!?? No reply.
I ordered gifts and paid for them to be here in 3-5 days. Guess what? NOTHING.
I am disgusted. I trusted the site, and wish i would have known their reputation beforehand. That's what I get for seeing their ads on Facebook and thinking they were reputable.

3/31/14

TOTAL SCAM WARNING to everyone about ordering from DRESSLILY.COM... I placed an order with them recently and was extremely dissatisfied. They took about two months to get my order to me. Upon receiving it, I realized that the items they sent did not even match the description of what I ordered. They sent random ugly skirts instead of dresses. The material was super cheap and not as described. The sizes were completely off (either way huge or super tiny) and were not marked on tags at all so you're not even aware of what size you received. The swimsuits have cardboard as a bikini top liner (which is not going to hold up after it gets wet). I was baffled by the poor quality of the items I received....Then when I went to contact them by email to try to discuss a refund, they did not reply at all. They completely ignored my emails. I am now stuck with all this merchandise that can't even be warn because of the poor quality and sizing. Bottom line is IT'S A SCAM. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM!

3/30/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!! You pay for what you get since the products are very cheap, you get very cheap products with chemical smell on them. That is not the worst part.

First, only half the items that I ordered came. When I contacted them, they said it was out of stock. Only then they credited back to me.

Second, they sent the wrong products. When I asked dress lily where I should mail the wrong order back, they said they would not take it back. They told me they would give me 10% off on the item that I did not order to keep them. I keep contacting them and they said there was nothing they could do.

If you order from this site, keep in mind that they can send you anything they want and charge you for it. One of the sweaters I ordered was sewed in the front where it was suppose to be open. Save your money, do not order from here.

3/30/14

I don't want to sound rude, but this is the worst site I have ever ordered from.

I placed an order that never arrived, so I sent them an email. Their customer service is terrible. 6 weeks later I received my order. Nothing in the order looked like what I had paid for and none of the items I had been sent even fitted me.

Well, I stupidly gave them another chance. I received my order and 3 items were missing....there is no excuse and I will never buy from them again.

3/28/14

I ordered an item on 6th of March 2014 .And I havent still got it.On their site they have menioned that it would be shipped with 7-14 business days.And now after I contacted them they are telling it would take 45 business days to get shipped .This is pathetic.
Horrible..F******g.What more to say ..Plzzzzzzzzzzz d not buy anything from their site .They are cons...

3/28/14

I really like this site! The prices are affordable and as far as I've learned you get what's on the pictures. My latest purchase was a dress and it fits perfectly and look exactly as the picture. I will defenetly order more from here!

3/28/14

I found Dresslilly.com by facebook of all the places, but was amazed by the prices and gorgeous Chinese fashions I've missed since living in China. I ordered a bunch of accessories and 2 dresses, just before Chinese New Year, which was bad timing on my part lol, but everything was shipped out fast, shipping costs were great considering things were sent in 2 packages, the bag seperate from the accessories and dresses. Everything arrived looking exactly as pictured on the site, beautiful, and the dresses are soooo nice quality. The bag too is darling, and all the accesories I bought are adorable. I definitely recommend them, don't be scared by the bad reviews!! The prices are amazing and so are the products. I just wish I was shorter so I could buy more of the clothes lol.

3/27/14

I too did not read any reviews until after placing my order and I wish I had. I placed my order over 6 weeks ago now and still have not seen anything. I started emailing with their customer service department 2 weeks ago to get an explanation or refund and I have yet to get a refund. They did tell me one of my items was out of stock so they just never sent anything or contacted me to let me know. Doesn't sound very professional to me. They offered to refund only the amount of the out of stock item and send the rest and at first I agreed to that. Again that was 2 weeks ago and still I have not received anything or a refund. Now I am asking for a full refund. We will see. I pretty much figure I am going to have to dispute the charges through my bank. Obviously Dress Lily is a scam.

A POSITIVE REVIEW O_o
Only after I placed my order, I started reading reviews, and was mortified by the number of bad reviews. So I'd resigned to the fact that my order would never arrive. To my surprise, it actually arrived 7 day's after I'd made the order online! I live in Sydney, Australia, and I didn't have to pay any customs tax or anything.

I got a bracelet, sleeveless blouse and light jacket. They all look exactly as in the pictures (except the jacket, which was a light, yellowy beige, as opposed to the greyish-pinkish colour I'd anticipated). The quality was decent, and pretty much exactly what I'd expected - like something I'd buy from those cheap asian clothing stores here. One bit of stitching was a bit out of place on the jacket, but nothing major.
Sizing is small (which I predicted) so my "medium" blouse and "one size" jacket fit me well/snugly (I'm a size 8 Australian, which I think is size 4 US, or basically "small"). The sleeves on the "one size" jacket are a bit short on me (I'm 170cm tall), but I'd planned on wearing them rolled up anyway.
My tip for anyone who will be ordering in the future - Order one or two sizes up, and don't order "one size" items unless you are small.

I don't know if I was just lucky having received my order so promptly, or perhaps they ship quicker to Australia?? Either way, I'm happy with my order, and knowing myself, will probably order from them again (only a few things at a time, just in case).
Good luck to everyone waiting for their packages :)

3/24/14

I ordered a tote bag from this site and although it took a while to receive, I was very satisfied. The bag is of good quality and is exactly as pictured. The shipping fee was a bit high but combined with the item price the overall was a decent deal.

3/24/14

I ordered 5 items from Dresslily, and only 4 came. However, when I wrote to say that one item (jewelry) was missing, they responded quickly and refunded my paypal. Sometimes the items don't look exactly like they do online, but that's the problem with ordering online in general! I've had good customer service, and I'm happy with my purchases. I don't usually order clothes online from a store I can't visit in person because you can never know how they'll really fit. However, I like the accessories I ordered the first time, so I recently made a second purchase. I'm waiting for my handbag to come in the mail now, and if I'm still satisfied I will continue to shop with Dresslily.

3/23/14

Honestly, i don't understand all this bad reviews, i think these are just fellow competitors who are badmouthing the site.I ordered three bags from this site and was worried that they wouldn't arrive, to my surprise they came after one week all the way to Kenya and they had packed them well such that i was not charged much at the custom, i would recommend anyone to this site, stop believing in the rumors, order one yourself

3/20/14

This is the worst site ever. If people are reading these reviews please please listen and do not order from this site. I placed an order on February 11 and still have not received my items and it March 20, 2014. Please listen to the warnings.

3/20/14

DRESS LILY IS A SCAM- they are an awful awful site with TERRIBLE customer service.
I ordered 4 items off them last month, only 2 have arrived (about a month later) but they look NOTHING like the pictures- they might as well be different clothes. I have filled out a complaints form on their website, and where it says it takes 24 hours to respond, it took about 2 weeks; where they assured me the other two items were on the way, gave me a tracking number and website to a CHINESE tracking site so I couldn't read a thing- and then closed the case so I couldn't even reply!!! I am SO unhappy, they have completely scammed me and I want my money back. The clothes on the site look lovely and are tempting because they are so cheap, but believe me... THEY ARE HIDEOUS in real life, I never would have bought them. STAY AWAY.

3/17/14

I wish I had read the reviews on this site before ordering! Awful site, most of my order hasn't been sent and what was sent was nothing like the items as described on the website! Stay Away! and it's almost impossible to get any response from them!

3/17/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM DRESSLILY.COM. THIS IS THE WORST SITE POSSIBLE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE! THEY TAKE VERY LONG TO SHIP YOUR ITEMS. I was told I would get my items in 3-5 business days and i paid for expedited shipping. IT HAS BEEN WAY PAST 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS AND STILL I HAVE NO PACKAGE AND MY CARD WAS CHARGED. I write their customer service team and although it says they will respond in 24hrs they take up to almost a week to get a response from them. When they finally respond, the answer they give u is no where near the questions or concerns u addressed. At this point I just want my money back. I don't even want the stupid clothes. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS SITE AGAIN AND I DON'T THINK ANYONE ELSE SHOULD. IT IS A FRAUD SITE. IF YOU WANT TO GIVE AWAY MONEY FOR NOTHING IN RETURN, BY ALL MEANS GO AHEAD AND ORDER FROM THEM. I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN. HMMPH!!

3/13/14

I've been fighting with customer service for 4 weeks. It takes them longer to respond to each message and their story is always the same...insufficient stock...shipped late...you misunderstood the shipping and handling policy.

Then I found this sitejabber and realized there are people who have been waiting months for their order...and I'm never going to get mine.

So....I just reported the to the federal trade commission.

I have no idea if it will do any good...but maybe if everyone who's had a bad experience files a complaint......they'll do something about it. it only took about 5 min and they let you decide how much personal info you want to share. oh...and I totally emailed the idiot in customer support at dresslily and told them I had reported them. maybe they won't care...but I like to think she's peeing her pants right now wondering if the US govt is coming after her

3/13/14

Hi,
My woes are exactly the same. I bought two dresses but haven't heard from them since and they would not reply to any number of trouble tickets I send them. Nevertheless, would any of you be able to supply me with any contact number for their customer support so that I could pester them into sending it.

3/12/14

this company is horrible we never received our order but were charged and then they calmed it was out of stock even though their site said it was not AND they took out $ and confirmed out order . The first email they got back to me after a week offering of trade the item tell me when it was in stock or a refund when I asked for a refund I was told the next day I could not have one because they could not cancel my order. When I called them out on their first email they never responded

3/12/14

As others I wish I had looked for reviews on the website before buying.

Some of the sizing is misleading even if you take into account the difference between the Eastern sizing compared to Western.

Seem to be knock offs of branded labels

Majority are poorly sewed.

Shipping was as much as the purchase; seems that they are making up the cost of the clothing with the cost of shipping (roughly $200 to ship 3 packages, I have never had to pay so much to ship goods from China, let alone Japan or Korea.)

Buyer BEWARE!

EDIT: Received 16 of 25 items.

3/11/14

I had to add my opinion to the Dresslily.com debate, is it good, is it not? My experience has been horrific. I ordered my item 19th December 2013 its now the 11th March 2014 and I still don't have it. They said they would send it on the 11th February and one month later I've still not received and now they are not responding to any of my emails. This store is a definite scam, when so many people have bad experiences then there is truth in it. Ive read the reviews and my experience is just like everyone elses, take the order, then not send it and not communicate.
Please don't order from this site.

3/11/14

I wished I would have read the reviews before ordering. I ordered 2 items, one in JANUARY 2014 and the other one in FEBRUARY. I have NOT received either of them. I finally got a response saying that the first items was shipped on 3/5/14 and the second one on 3/7/14.
Horrible site! It takes over 2 months for you to receive an order?! and for what I read here you'll be lucky if you get it at all!!! NEVER EVER BUY FROM DRESSLILY.COM

3/11/14

I ordered 11 dresses and would keep four. The items are far far far from what is displayed in the pictures. Stay away from white clothing; the fabric is so cheep than a blind person could see through. I knew dresslily.com was not great based on the reviews here, I gave it a try though. Not worth the shipping fees! BTW They also sent me similar dresses but not the ones I ordered. I checked on the website and these did no make justice to the ones ordered or the pictures of the ones they picked for me. Run Fast!

3/11/14

I ordered a winter coat and a bag back in the 1st week of February. I was told the items weren't in stock, yet the website didn't say anything about not in stock. I got 2 email responses from the company. 1 told me my order would ship end of February beginning of March. The second one pretty much told me off, saying if I couldn't wait then I shouldn't have ordered. So, here it is March 11th and my order still says processing on the website. I'm pretty ticked off. I need a winter coat and now either won't get it or will get it in spring?!? I should never have ordered from Dreslily and do not recommend it to anyone.

3/10/14

WOW!! I was JUST about to to order $400 (plus $111 in shipping fees?!) worth of clothing. So glad I found this site first. Thank you for the warning site jabber!! I'm sorry you guys got scammed :(

3/10/14

I have ordered 21 items and it took around a month to come. one out of three goods are good and i would like to keep, but some look too cheep...in my experience the accessories are not bad! There was one unexpected thing that I was asked to pay additional tax...but it does not happen every time. So, I would recommend to buy things that you cannot buy near your house!

3/9/14

I ordered and received very bad quality items. The items are shipped from Singapore.
I contacted them many times as I want to return the items. They have never replied. Save your money and shop in store!!
This is really really bad experience!
The products are far way different from their displayed photos.

3/7/14

I ordered two items 02/16/14. Today, 03/07/14, I still haven't received my items. Fortunately I paid via Paypal- I initiated a dispute 03/03. The seller responded saying my package had shipped, and to just wait a few more days. They also provided a link to the "tracking website" that just so happened to show my items had arrived at a Los Angeles post office (No zip code provided!) the very day I initiated the complaint through PayPal!

I went directly to the Post Fiji Website (not the bogus link they provided) No tracking information has been updated through the direct site since 02/28. I responded to the seller yesterday, and never heard back fro them, so I have escalated my dispute with PayPal. Hopefully I will get my money back soon.

3/6/14

DO NOT order from here!!Ordered and waiting 6 weeks and counting! NO replies to my emails. They say they reply in 24hours. Save your time and money!!

3/5/14

I should have read this comments before ordered. I did order 26 dollars worth of stuff which i probably wont get back ever because i ordered them on february 22nd but it still says processing which is bull$#*!. If they dont give me my money back then i dont know what i am gonna do.... i am so pissed off. i would rather pay more money to get good stuff at the mall. what i scam......

3/4/14

Dress Lily and Rose Wholesale stay away from!!!! Trust the 1 star reviews because the company is posting the 5 to boost their ratings. Cute things, yes but you will NEVER get them.

3/3/14

I ordered a couple items, wanting to wear a particular dress on my birthday, March 14. I ordered February 21, paid for 3-5 day shipping. My order was still processing give days later, they took my money. Going back and forth with a lady named Lucy, she kept giving me the same response. I told them I dint buy the fact that items weren't in stock, because if they weren't the website should state that right under the description. Nope, sane feedings "so sorry items aren't in stock, we'll ship them on March 14, we'll give you coupon, 6%" bs. I said no that's inexcusable. I didn't pay extra for nothing. She gave me two options, order different items so cancel. I had no other choice but to cancel. Now I'm waiting for my money back. I should have just went to dress barn. Such a waste. Don't waste your time or your money. What customer service I've ever dealt with, all I do is online shopping these days. Ugh

2/28/14

Thanks guys for all the reviews , i saw it too late and now they have my money and my ordered stuff , how great :D

2/28/14

i am very unhappy because i paid my money for four items that was never mailed to me in its been three weeks in dress lily your gonna regret $#*!n wit plp money then they also have my info smh never will i shop on cheap sites that have worried ass names again .....

2/28/14

Oh God... I bought lots of dresses as i thought the price is very cheap but i end up paying more for the courier service. I chose 7-14 days delivery but after a month i still have not received anything from them. They told me the items that i ordered out of stock. This is ridiculous!

About DressLily