Review of Zoro.com

Tel: 1.855.289.9676
askzoro@zoro.com

davidw995
2/17/19

I am restoring the 1909 transmission. I miss measured the gasket material I need. Even though it was my fault they refunded my money and replace the order. It doesn't get any better than that.

billm502
2/15/19

Ordered a SquareD pressure regulator yesterday and surprisingly it showed up today! Most impressive and will order from them again!

michellel426
2/9/19

I ordered Avery internet labels and instead of Avery 5126 somehow I got Avery 5127 on my sales receipt and that is what I received. I got ahold of them and not only did they give instant refund they let me re-order and use my 15% off coupon again AND they let me keep the 5127's. Great service!

jimt226
2/7/19

At 4:45PM on a Tuesday, I ordered a case of acoustic ceiling tiles. Price was the best and I took a chance considering the reviews I read about the site. To my total amazement, my order was here the next day by 9:30AM. And it was standard free shipping. Awesome experience.

dennisd212
2/7/19

ordered a specialty part, happy that Zoro had the part in stock, was priced fairly and arrived at my house two days later!! Cant ask for more than that!

tomg306
1/23/19

Ordered a discounted specialty part. Waited a month while this company sat on my $200+. After waiting patiently for a month, I had to proactively ask why my item hadn't shipped by their promised end date of their delivery date. They told me the day after that my product is no longer offered by the manufacturer. In other words, they proactively advertised a product they didn't have any assurances they had on hand or could even receive. Awful company.

mariem251
12/14/18

On 11-30-18 I placed an order for 40 items for next day delivery and received shipping confirmation for 15 items. I cancelled the order on 11-30-18. I received an apology on 12-3-18 and replied for a refund. My return request was processed on 12-4-18. The remaining items were shipped on 12-3-18 and 12-4-18 despite cancellation. All items were returned but they refuse to refund shipping charges for items that were not even received next day.

They do not tell you they don't have the items and then they charge you for next day shipping for items received 5 days after your order and even though the order was cancelled the same day. Do not trust these people.

joed457
12/7/18

I saw they were affiliated with Granger so I figured they must be legit. Wrong.

Ordered $50 dollars worth of stuff for the free shipping. Didn't realize they have a MOQ when added to cart. Total scam. Ordered from Digikey, Arrow, Mouser, etc. for years and never had this issue. But whatever, ended up with 15 dollars of saw blades I didn't need. I caught the error and tried to cancel but no ability to do that with their limited online cart.

Emailed support but informed the order already shipped.

Then they forgot to ship me one of the parts from my order. Called tech support and they had a new one dispatched. That $2.50 part bag arrived a couple days later and lo-and-behold it's missing 2 parts in the quantity 10. Emailed them again and they shipping a replacement.

Sure, they right their wrong after they screw up twice but totally unreliable. I would never use them for anything serious or time critical. I wouldn't waste my time, just use Mcmaster Carr.

bobd281
11/30/18

I put in an order with Zoro on some pipe insulation that I had trouble sourcing on other sites, as it was larger than the standard 1/2, 3/4 sizes. In addition to having the sizes I needed, their prices were very reasonable. While I was a bit wary about ordering, given the mixed reviews I had read, I figured I'd give them a try anyway. I was pleasantly surprised on all fronts, starting with the fact that the order arrived faster than expected.

Since I was catching up after an injury, it took me over a month to open the box. But once I did that, I found that they had gotten one of the items wrong-- sending me a larger size pipe insulation than I had ordered. I wrote to Zoro to let them know, not knowing what to expect, since I definitely waited too long to contact them. To my surprise, they were 100% helpful, and sent me the new, correct replacement items immediately. That's great customer service.

So between the price, shipping, availability of the items I needed, and their customer support when they could have just said "no," I would recommend them any time!

dv46
11/30/18

I purchased an industrial fan and was told it was on back order and would ship on a certain date. I placed an order for a second fan a couple of weeks later. After several weeks I followed up and was told "they're on back order" and your first order will ship on Nov 20th. On the 29th I followed up - still on back order and now they think they may not be manufactured any longer. It's obvious that they don't have any follow up in place until they hear from the customer - I would have waited forever if I relied on them. Will NEVER do business with them again.

mikeh792
11/29/18

I ordered a product on 11/14 on 11/26 I was told I would receive a call about shipping time from supplier. !
Today 11/29 still no call back. I called C/S and am told it may be another WEEK and now I can't cancel my order. How many people get this same treatment and how much money do they make using this tactic using your and my money for a month. If I use a banks money for a month I pay INTEREST!! Multiply this by hundreds and it is ALOT of MONEY!!!!! They won't use mine again!

richardh652
11/22/18

Purchased A $4.95 Switch Mount Bracket. After Clicking On Buy It Now, The Price WEent Up To $11.20. They Popped Me For Another $5.00 Shipping +,Never Mentioned Charging More Then $$4.95. I Threw The Bracket In Garbage Car + Will Never Spend Another Dime With Zoro!

thomasi43
11/19/18

Placed an online order on 11-18-18. Order was confirmed by Zoro and Paypal. On 11-19-18 I received an email stating the item was no longer available. They recommended a similar item at twice the price. You have got to be kidding! I called customer service and explained the issue. They repeated that the item was unavailable. I went online while I was still online and placed 4 of these same items in my cart which showed them as still available. And they wonder why Amazon is eating their lunch. They are truly pathetic. Cancelled my account,

markt394
11/4/18

There are many reviews here (mostly negative), but my experience was as good as Amazon. Order was shipped to my door in 2 days with the best price found on Internet. I will definitely use again.

finns3
10/22/18

Online store, looks legit and the prices better than others. Folks to answer the phones and questions. Was told this product was available. Ordered, gave CC number, got a confirmation. 11 days later nothing. Needed for an electrician tomorrow. Nothing from them but that the order was complete. But when called, the item is on backorder (Oct 18), and tentative ship is (Feb 19). WTF. Could you not contact the customer as this is a few day delay, it's a several month delay. Tired of these-type companies holding your money and order for months without product of shipping. NEVER AGAIN!

wendya101
10/2/18

I am a diyer and had a project that I had been trying to match a certain paint color when I came upon one of the only places that actually offered the color in a spray, Zorro. I ordered the product, which came in packs of six and proceeded to wait about 4wks before the order came. I was very excited to see that the package had finally arrived after such a long wait that I tore open the package and to my disappointment, it was not the "6" cans of a bright royal blue paint that I could not find locally, but "6" cans of freaking "BLACK" paint! I couldn't believe that I had waited all this time for black paint that I could have gotten from anywhere. Then I immediately call Zoro to inform them of the screw up. The guy I spoke to was very polite and told me that not only would he send the correct order out to me, he promised that he would get it to me in a week and told me that I could just keep the 6 cans of black paint. So I said ok. Flash forward 9 days and nothing. I had worked on other projects so time would not be wasted while waiting. Well this morning I decided to call since there had been no communication from Zorro and low and behold, the guy tells me that they no longer have the product in stock and my order, after no contact, had not been sent! I am furious because I could have made other choices and plans but these guys chose to keep my money and I guess, hope it was just a donation to them, I don't know. It wasn't a large sum of money but it was still for a product that I did not receive after almost 6wks. Then after informing me that they will refund my money I demanded that they send me a check for the amount and they had an issue with that because I no longer bank at the institution the initial payment was made on. I figured if you guys can put a paying customer through all these hoops for nothing, then how about you do some hooping? They told me that the check would take up to 14 days,LMAO!!!!! I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS COMPANY. Use Amazon or Ebay or anyone else to do your online shopping. You will be sorely disappointed if you do.

stanc63
9/21/18

I just bought a radiation dosimeter which clearly showed 2 components in 2 listed photographs. A pen dosimeter and a hand charger for the dosimeter which does not work by itself. I only received the pen dosimeter. The phone representative said she was sorry and she could see how the photos were misleading? Clearly deceptive.

gush22
9/20/18

I always use ZORO to supply pieces for some items that I sell online. Their prices are very good and shipping is always very fast which means a lot when you're running a small business!

bryana63
9/5/18

3 things about zoro. 1. I was ordering paper towel holders for business locations at $20 each for months. 10 at a time. I went to order again and they were $49.99 same holder as before. 2. There website has always been down the last few months. 3. And never order anything thats not in stock.

joes979
8/30/18

These people are a joke!

A bunch of con men just waiting to stick it in your ass.

Stay away!!!!!!

They are no f'ing good!

josej75
8/19/18

Zoro has caved to Chinese communist party financial pressure and no longer considers Taiwan an independent country. Look at any product manufactured in Taiwan and Zoro labels it a province of China. Do not buy or support the communist party of China and avoid buying from Zoro.

johnk920
8/9/18

I ordered a safe months ago. Delay delay delay. I came close to cancelling it twice.
I was patient. Then, the exact day that I had given up, they send me an email. It has shipped.

I got an email saying it would be delivered Tuesday. I cleared out a path in the garage, and it wasn't much fun, as we are in a fire zone here in California, and the smoke is thick as a brick. Then, I find out that it won't happen on Tuesday. Then, I get a call. They want to deliver it on Wednesday in a 48 foot truck, with a trailer attached. They cannot be serious. I live in a small town, or a country paved road. Then, the shipper called and says that they have no way to deliver it. Are you serious? Has this company every really sold a safe before? Anyway, they tell me that they are going to ship it back. Do you get this? A 500+ pound safe being schlepped around like this? They still have my money. I have no safe. No one has called me. I now have to put the stuff back in the garage, in the smoke. I also was to sign trust docs today, to put in the safe. The trust docs included the safe being mentioned in it. Now, I had to go back, and modify legal docs, and take the safe out, and I do not have a safe to put the legal docs in.

This is a nightmare company!!!!!!!!!!!!

sids60
7/18/18

After waiting over three days for a part I final called their CS LINE.BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA After finally speaking to a supervisor BLA BLA BLA
She said she would ship it overnight, that was 2 days ago. I will not get it until tomorrow 6 days WTF NEVER USE THEM AGAIN

mikej126
7/12/18

Was a faithful and repeat customer of Zoro. Then last month, needing to return an item that I believe to be incorrect, I became all too familiar with Zoro's deliberate foot dragging process in issuing a return refund. After returning the item per their instructions, I waited over 2 weeks and received no return acknowledgement. So called - was informed they had not received the return, and I should take that up with the carrier. I contacted the carrier who provided me with the proof of delivery which had occurred weeks prior. I again called Zoro with this information - they then acknowledged they indeed had received the return weeks prior - but now they would need 2 more weeks to process the same. I insisted that was unfair as they already had it more than 2 weeks. So after some supervision at Customer Service got involved they agreed they would a issue return refund immediately. Well all they did immediately was send me an email saying they had issued a refund, but no transaction record of such reach my credit card provider. I call again - now they said it would take 7 to 10 more business days for the refund to be processed - and that delay was due to my bank - WHAT???? I am still not in receipt of a refund, as Zoro hangs onto my funds via excuse after excuse as to the delay. Going forward I will chose to due business with more customer oriented companies than Zoro.

changdongj
6/22/18

I ordered two steel stairs in February. They have delayed and replaced the order twice. Now they postponed the delivery to August. I called the customer service numerous times, Kim, Shannon, Jay, Liz, Erric, Ryan, and Lee (supervisor), each one of them said they would contact the manufacturer and update me the order. Non of these people ever did.
The worst online store you can ever imagine!

Questions? Get answers from the Zoro.com staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Zoro.com