Zooplus UK

Zooplus UK has a consumer rating of 2.73 stars from 30 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Zooplus UK most frequently mention customer service problems. Zooplus UK ranks 83rd among Pet Supply sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 33.3%

• I wouldn't shop anywhere else for my dog food and other equipment.

• I have problem with ZooPlus.fi Customer service is bad, mean really bad.
How would you rate Zooplus UK?

“High quality products”

Laura V.
5/23/20

Love the company. They have a great variety of good quality products for cats and dogs and other pets. I have purchased from them multiple times and will do so again!

“Split Felix sachets on several deliveries- gross”

Sarah F.
7/31/20

I've used Zooplus for years. Very competitive and good, speedy delivery. On nearly every delivery for the last year (10) I have had burst Felix cat food sachets within the parcel. Boxes not damaged on the outside so don't think the courier is to blame. I have emailed them twice on particularly bad occasions and again today. Today smelt like a dead body as soon as I opened the box and was a major clean up job... I'm awaiting their response. On one occasion I had maggots. They asked me how many sachets were damaged (about 6) and I received a refund of £3.36! No acknowledgement of the inconvenience/ clean up/ smell etc. Sadly I will go elsewhere now as todays delivery tipped me over the edge-just can't trust them anymore

customer service (11) dog food (3)
laurav277
May 23rd, 2020

stephanyb11
June 11th, 2020

I had a genuine, small matter to get resolved and I was Shunned.
Terrible customer service... offered no resolution which I was happy to pay for.
There is no difference in packaging info but apparently two entire different products! Size and flavour obvs! But totally different product

sarahf532
July 31st, 2020

I've used Zooplus for years. Very competitive and good, speedy delivery.

tracyc275
October 30th, 2019

Had a few orders in the past and were good. The latest order was never received and no response for 3 weeks but contacted Zooplus today and they are sending a replacement. Great customer service and my cat will be happy.

johng3496
March 29th, 2021

We have used Zooplus for a number of years and as one would expect had a couple of problems with either delivery or a product.
Each time Zooplus sorted the problem out without quibble. EXCELLENT Customer service as it should be.

Products used:
Pet Food & Appliances

steved174
April 25th, 2018

I've been happy with Zooplus so far, been using them on and off for about 18 months. I like their prices, they are normally the cheapest for the dry dog food I buy and if not, only a pound or two more expensive for a large bag. Delivery is free and quick.

The second time I placed an order I added an incorrect bag of dog food by mistake. When it arrived I informed them and they got the courier to pick it up the next day at no cost to me and at the same time delivered the item I meant to order, was very impressed.

Another time they sent an incorrect item, was a glow in the dark collar instead of a dog toy. They let me keep the collar and refunded me for the toy so was satisfied with that too.

I don't buy my dry dog food from anywhere else now and usually add a few extra odds and ends in to the order at the same time

ronm303
December 12th, 2018

I ordered an external filter for my aquarium. I ordered on Saturday and received it on the following Wednesday - no complaint there. When I contacted customer service by email I had a reply within a few hours. The price was good as well. I would use Zooplus again.

davidm4596
December 16th, 2020

Am smiling as I read the latest brexit update from zooplus. It states and I quote"we would like to reassure you that we remain totally committed to our UK business and customers. ". Well having moved from Yorkshire to n ireland that statement rings hollow. Basically they refuse to send to n ireland. No reasons, no explanation. It's shoddy but maybe zooplus would like to be honest and say they don't deliver to n ireland. In the meantime this ex customer will look for a company that treats customers properly, irrespective of where they live.

albertr162
October 9th, 2020

My Cats are 9 years old and have been feed with food wet & Dry the whole time However the service that zooplus is now providing falls well below that of a couple of years ago The problem is mainly packing They pack fragile items in the same box with heavy 48 x 157gm of food which by the time you receive your order make the fragile items Useless and dangerous if used as they contain fine plastic splinters from the plastic containers I've contacted Zooplus now 3 times and complained Yes they replace the cost of the items but my cats eat food and treats not the proceeds of refunds
Recent communications confirms they are not interested in customer comments and have simply said that will not change their pack procedure Ie loose tins in large boxes without packing along with fragile items(Cats treats) Am very disappointed at their attitude to customers comment profit before customer care. I've even contacted them when ordering to ask that packing be used without results still more damaged items received. Speed of delivery great but that no good if the items are damaged dented and destroyed making them sub standard and useless Buyers who are meeting the same problems might like to look at the 'Pets at Home' on line web site where you will find the same product cheaper in that their price includes VAT unlike Zooplus where VAT is added to the cost (Click and collect or delivered)

sophieb33
June 3rd, 2016

We have 2 x border collies and I always order from Zoo plus
All trackable via Yodel and always quite quick to turn up.
Best prices I have found for Hill's science plan and they offer 18kg bags.
Would recommend.

demetrisb1
January 9th, 2020

3 damaged deliveries, poor communication skills, not even able to understand the problem and properly communicate their views

relur
September 9th, 2019

Would give 5 stars for the variety and prices but an absolute 0 for the attitude of some workers there.
I once asked if they plan on adding more items to the Rewards list and their response was "this is the current offer and if any changes occur, you will be able to see them on the website."
Thank you very much. It would've been the same thing or better if you said nothing.

joycea15
February 5th, 2016

My cat has colitis and so I have to be really careful about the types of food I get for him. Zooplus stocks a good selection of animal food that is grain free and organic. One of the orders I had, never got delivered but when I rang customer service, they sent me out another large bag of cat biscuits straight away. They were very helpful, so unlike some of the other reviews, I found my experience to be a very pleasant one. I also think how you treat customer service staff has a lot to do with the service you get back. If you're not happy with the service, ask for a manager and I am sure that would help you get your issue solved. I have ordered 3 times from them now and so far, they have been excellent.

olgae9
September 20th, 2019

Women from customer service was very rude and sassy. Delivery service is very bad. Left mine parcel with the neighbor from house 1, we living on number 6, and I was at home all day waiting. Just because we have no driveway, and driver has to walk.
Terrible experience.

lizs141
October 14th, 2018

Great pet food, BUT do not sign up to their discount plan as you will find you receive the original order month in and month out? I have just been billed again for the same order I placed two weeks ago, my first order with them. This is a SERIOUS Contract, which is very unclear when you sign up. It looks like I will not be able to get out of it. You also cannot change your method of payment!

kylief5
November 26th, 2017

I have very fussy pets and my Pomeranian is getting very old now. Therefore, I was recommended to buy from zoo plus. The descriptions are very well presented and the prices are fabulous compared to those in grocery and other pet stores

elizabeths539
February 8th, 2019

Ordered a quantity of food for my cats but only a quarter of my order arrived. Customer services useless blamed the delivery company for loosing the rest of it. Left me with very little food for one of my animals who can only have a very limited diet. They are not interested in the problem they have caused me as I do not live near to a pet shop to get replacement supplies and they have taken a large payment for the food not supplied. Do not use this company as they only interested in getting your money and don't honour their contract to supply the goods as ordered.

annal40
March 22nd, 2014

I have shopped with Zooplus.co.uk for 10 years now and I can not praise them highly enough. My orders have always been delivered promptly. I wouldn't shop anywhere else for my dog food and other equipment.

noelm65
March 8th, 2019

I ordered cat soup. What was delivered was about 60 % as ordered, the rest what they had to hand? I received no reply to my e-mail complaint.

Never again.

catherinef7
October 16th, 2012

Great site and savings for anyone with pets also super customer service should you experience any problems with your order

rebeccan77
October 24th, 2018

Prices are good. Range of stock is good. Delivery is awful. Orders go missing, deliveries arrive late or not at all. You have to spend over £15 just to order then it's an extra £4.99 for delivery unless you spend over £29. Complete waste of time and money. There are so many other websites selling the same things or at least similar things at the same price so needless to say, I certainly won't be using them again especially as I recommended zooplus to friends and family and they've had similar experiences. Quite embarrassing.

clairel28
Claire L. – Zooplus UK Rep

Hi Rebecca, we are sorry to hear of your disappointment in our company's services. We offer 2 different delivery options, we hope that you may consider trying an alternative in the future which we hope will improve your experience. We have located your account with us and our Customer Care team will be in touch soon to resolve the issue with your recent order. We are very sorry that your experience has caused you to feel this way and we fully understand your frustration's. We appreciate the time you have taken to bring this to our attention and we regret the inconvenience this has caused.
Zooplus Review team

rosym2
July 14th, 2014

Consiglio a chi compra cibo o accessori per animali questo ottimo sito. Confrontate i prezzi dei siti zooplus.es, zooplus.co.uk e zooplus.de: farete grandi affari!

Advice to those who buy food or pet accessories this great site. Compare prices among zooplus.es, zooplus.co.uk and zooplus.de sites: do big business!

ianp98
April 30th, 2019

Stay away this company will not help. If you have a complaint I ordered 3 rabbit cages and they where missing the plastic clips and got 5old to buy my own and they would refund me £20 for £80 to buy my own clips

js62
January 1st, 2014

Having used this site several times because the prices were OK, I ordered a large quantity of "Organic" dogfood. When it came, it had no reference to the organic contents and the website of the manufacturer (in German) mentioned nothing either about this specific food or indeed any of their products being organic.

As anyone knows who buys organic, this choice is made for a variety of ethical reasons and we usually buy despite the price. Most of us accept a higher price as being acceptable in return for what we perceive as being higher quality. Being deceived is part of the reason we often shun non-organic products.

Needless to say, I was at first irritated and then angered when I challenged zooplus. Rather than being open and helpful, the company continually fobbed me off with directions to contact the manufacturer, unsigned email replies, and continual insistence that the ingredients were organic, despite the evidence.

So I resorted to leaving negative feedback on their site which, guess what? Was never published.

Eventually zooplus took out the organic references when threatened with legal action. Without apology.

Drawn your own conclusions...

paule6
June 22nd, 2010

Fantastic range with genuine reviews. Cheap delivery (2.90 I believe) and Free delivery with orders over £29. Fantastic! I got my rabbit cages here with covers cheaper than what pets at home sell just the cover for! And free delivery!

I love this site. There are other sites but this is one to be trusted and loved. They also have offers on all the time.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Zooplus UK staff and other customers.

Need some help? Please contact customer care directly via the correct channels below:? мGive Us A Call: 01234 430366 Outside the UK: +44 1234 430366 (regular telephone fees apply, varies by provider) Available Mon. - Fri. From 8:00 am to 5:00 p...

clairel28
Claire L.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zooplus UK?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

2.7
Have a question about Zooplus UK?