Review of Yodle

info@yodle.com
2018 Customer choice award

jeremyp30
12/29/16

Waste of time. I paid over $1000 for an online presence that they said would would help drive my real estate business. Didn't have a single customer contact me. Wish I hadn't wasted the money.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Jeremy,

Sorry you didn't receive the results you expected - can you private message me some specifics about your account so I can take a look and see if we can help?

-Mike
rayz5
12/29/16

Zero support, you doing most of the work yourself. You might as well just do it on your own to begin with...They expect you to set everything up as all they provide is a generic plan that is being used over and over again.Once they get you to commit to a contract, you will never hear from them again without your prodding. They say it is in a infant stage and does not really perform until you have been paying for about 4 months. If you ask to get out of contract they allow it with a steep penalty.. All they were concerned with was billing that credit card. The very first hit that my company received that they tried to take credit for was my very own local nursery who contacts me regularly for my business.. What a joke...Spent about 1700.00 and got and got and got Wait a Minute "zero leads".. Please save yourself the nightmare.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Ray,

Sorry to hear that you didn't receive the results you'd hoped for - I'd be happy to look into your experience if you'd like to private message me your account details.

-Mike
heneryp9
12/20/16

Didn't want to sign up but gave me a big discount to try. Can't imagine if I would have paid full price. These thiefs don't care about small businesses and suck at communicating with the owners and managers. Don't make the mistake I made with my A/C business and sign up for any services with this thieves and liars.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Henery,

We're really disappointed to hear that you felt we didn't communicate to you appropriately. I'd be happy to see if I can resolve any issues, feel free to direct message me with your account details and I'll take a look!

-Mike
jeremyp29
12/20/16

This company did not do what the promised to do. They did not deliver new business for me. I spent significant time doing things on my own that they represented would be done as part of their service. The made numerous errors. I cancelled my service after the initial 90 days and then they charged me another month because I didn't cancel before the date they said my contract renewed. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Jeremy,

I'm sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our services, could you provide me some account details via private message so that I can look into it?

-Mike
bartp15
12/19/16

This company is a complete scam. They provide no service whatsoever. Lock you into a 6 month contract and tell you to wait for results. They built an adversite page for my real estate company that my 5th grade daughter could of created in 20 minutes. Every time you call in they tell you the results take time. Next thing you know you've been charged $1500 and not one result whatsoever. I got zero leads from this in 6 months. They are literally stealing money from small business owners. Sad way to earn a living. Lesson learned for the future. Hope thjs helps someone else from being ripped off.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Bart,

I apologize that you didn't receive the expected results. I'd be happy look into your account and see how I can help, if you'd like to private message me your account details.

-Mike
ninak20
12/16/16

Yodle did not provide any sort of help to my business nor did they perform as promised. I will not be happy until I'm issued a full refund. What a racket. Buyers beware.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Nina,

I'd be happy to help you with this issue as previously indicated on Twitter - feel free to private message me your account details and I'll attempt to resolve.

-Mike
rb98
12/8/16

Yodle scammed my new small business out of $498. Even after contesting it with the bank/credit card company...they eventually got their money. Congratulations, Yodle. That's $498 less that I have to legitimately market my business. Or $498 less that I have to provide for my family as they support my business venture. Your "success simplified" is based on the small mom and pops that you take for that initial investment and the iron clad 6 month agreement. Congratulations. I will be following up with the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General and any other avenue that can be pursued to hopefully make you realize that you should not only do things within the law, but perhaps run a respectful and morally ethical business. I hope you take those $498 and have yourselves a Happy Holiday.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
RB,

I apologize that you've had a frustrating experience - if you'd like to private message me your account details I'd be happy to take a look.

-Mike
jenniferp123
12/7/16

Their customer service is really bad. They say they are going to help you and they just leave their own design. I try to do it myself and they say they have to do it and I can't do it. My personal photo isn't uploaded and its been a month. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They won't give you a refund when you ask. They do as little as possible and don't do what they say they will.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Jennifer,

I'd be happy to investigate your account, and have attempt torespond to your concerns elsewhere. If you'd like to send me a DM with your account details, I'll see what I can do!

-Mike
stevens180
12/5/16

I gave them $3000. to clean up my online presence. They guaranteed my results in less than six weeks. Six months later nothing had changed. Over a year later we negotiated a 26% refund. I never received it. One excuse after another until they disappeared. In my opinion they belong in jail.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Steven,

I'd be happy to look into this for you - can you send me a DM with your account details and i'll investigate?

-Mike
kevinm218
11/30/16

The told me, because I was a Veteran, they would only charge my a reduced price for 6 months. They didn't mention the month that I signed up, 27th of the month, would be the first month. At the 6 month, which was the 7th month according to them, they charged me fill price. Also, they promised my company will be listed as the top 10 on Google, Yahoo, Bing and mobile searches. I received 5 replies and all from other marketing companies telling me that I'm not being found on any search engines. What a waste. This company took advantage of a US Army Veteran and business owner!! When I called, at 10 am, to cancel I was told there were no managers available! At 10 in the morning on a Wednesday! To top it off, the person I was speaking to hung up on me. Do not use this company. **Reposting on Face Book**

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Kevin,

I sincerely apologize for the poor experience you've had, and would be happy to investigate your experience in an attempt to sort it out. Can you send me a private message with your account details?

-Mike
ryanb112
11/18/16

Don't waste your money, they lock you in a contract they are liars now they want another $500 off me to cancel this bull$#*! contract, send it to collections because I'm not paying them! I already gave them $1500 out of my pocket. Facebook is the best way to get your company name out there and its free.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Ryan,

I'm sorry that our service didn't perform up to your expectations, I'd be happy to look into your account and see what we can do. Would you mind sending me your account details via private message?

-Mike
beng77
11/18/16

This so called business is the worst!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!! So here goes, this place called my small business 2 to 3 times a day saying they could increase our customers base. They continued to harass, and was a very,very pushy!! They told us nothing but lies to sign on in a contract!! They could not even get my business address correct. Once they had us they forgot about us. Could not get anyone from the company to help us, we was pushed under the rug!!! We received no business calls,except their competition telling us what a bad choice that we made.Boy was they was right!!!! Zero leads I mean zero!!! This place only cares about their monthly payment that's it!!!! Please save your money!!!!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Ben,

It sounds like you had a rough experience all around, and I'm sorry for that! Would you mind sending me your account details via private message so I can attempt to figure out what went wrong?

-Mike
vladislavr1
11/17/16

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD
LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES
RESULTS 000 RESULTS 000 RESULTS 000 RESULTS 000
CALLS TO ASK ABOUT PROGRESS AND RESULTS WHAT IS THAT??!!
CHARGING YOUR CC WITH PERMISSION OR SENDING YOU BILL WHAT IS THAT??!
Do not do it, don't be naive as I was. But if you do, remember I called you a fool first.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Vladislav,

Clearly you had a poor experience, can you provide some details about exactly what went wrong for you? I'd be happy to investigate your experience further.

-Mike
davidm543
11/16/16

Poor performance. Not worth the time or money.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
David,

Sorry to hear the product didn't work out for you, can you provide me further details about what went wrong? Feel free to private message me, and I'll investigate further.

-Mike
bryj
11/16/16

Christinie was so pushy and oversold YODLE I may have signed up but when she pushed and shoved me into a corner I knew something wasnt right. Glad I did my research because you can get way better service for a fraction of the price threw service 3.0 ... Any way strong arming me for my credit card number is totally ridiculous and bad buisness.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Bry,

We're very sorry to hear you had a poor sales experience - would you mind private messaging me details so I can investigate further?

-Mike
randyh48
11/8/16

I sat through a 2+ hour presentation with a very professional & clever salesman that I believe did a good job of selling his product. Unfortunately, he over SOLD Yodle's services and he collected my money that day.

The following business day I had a phone call from Yodle's very inexperienced (but patient and considerate) representative to setup my website and after 2 hours trying to setup a website (round peg into a square hole) that needed certain real estate specific features it was apparent this product would not work well for my business. I politely asked to speak to the customer services person that could help me because the product did not provide what my business needed.

Enters Allen, Manager of Changes to Contracts with Yodle, who in the end was very condescending and never considered just parting ways since this was the first day of trying to setup things. You would think after learning that their generic business websites did not fit what I needed for my business that as a reputable company they would consider letting me go as a customer without a fight because things were not working out on day one. Also, I would hope that a company like Yodle would not have a business plan or goal to try and collect fees for services that have never been provided and have less than a 24 hours history with their company. But NO Allen continued to threaten to charge twice as much as I payed up front for the first months service and setup and would not consider just keeping the agreed upon setup fee charged. I had only asked for a refund for the future services I had not received.

I would not recommend taking a chance on Yodle until they change their combative strong arming of customers. They should understand in the initial setup (first day they start to provide a service) that if things are not working out they should let someone go because there are times that salespeople over sell a product, inexperienced employees as they learn may not have proper answers and hard edged Customer Service managers can turn off a customer for life.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Randy,

I want to apologize for the frustrating sales experience you experienced. I'll send you a private message so that you can provide me additional information, and hopefully we can better ourselves from you feedback.

Regards,

chrisc295
11/8/16

I gained a few clients through this service, but ultimately the fees were much MUCH higher than the income generated. Near the end of the service they wouldn't take no for an answer and charged me for an additional month that I didn't want.
While I was using the service, the majority of the calls I received were from competing companies - I did ultimately transfer my advertising to one of those competitors.
Too pushy salespeople, not worth the money.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Chris,

I apologize for the way you were treated when you attempted to cancel the service. If you could private message me some details of your account, I'd be happy to investigate.

-Mike
diannat2
11/4/16

I received several calls from a representative asking to speak with my husband as he is the owner name on file. I asked several times what they were calling in reference to and was lied to every time. I was continually told they had questions regarding tree service, his abilities to provide certain services and scheduling availability. I told them I could answer all of those questions and he still refused to talk to me. Finally I straight out asked "Are you calling from an advertising agency?" He still did not want to answer my questions. Lying to the office manager/owner to make your way to the owner is NOT the proper way to conduct business. Why would we want to deal with a company who lies from the very first phone call? With the amount of calls I take daily, he could have stopped wasting my time and his by being honest. It is a disgusting tactic to use to obtain customers. I will be letting everyone I know who owns businesses NOT to deal with this dishonest company.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Dear Dianna,

This is absolutely not what the experience that we are trying to give potential customers, and I sincerely apologize you had to go through it. I'd like to investigate further and see if I can prevent this going forward, would you be willing to send me some details such as your phone number you were contacted at via private message?

-Mike
johnd656
11/4/16

The worse company in the world. There site crashed twice while setting up and they wasted two hours of our time. The worse customer service ever. BEWARE DO NOT USE. They are a rip off company......... WHAT A JOKE........

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Dear John,

I'd like to obtain some further information from you regarding the exact problems you experience, if you can find the time would you directly message me with some more details?

-Mike
samf60
11/3/16

I have a kitchen remodeling business and my sales rep Wes was knowledgeable and honest. Most importantly he set the right expectations for my business. He did not make promises that Yodle couldn't deliver just to tie the knot. He showed me ranges of calls and emails I could expect, and so far they have been accurate. My campaign is going great so far. Give it a shot, see you on the front page!

jannaha
11/1/16

Thank you all for taking the time out of your day to help someone else not become a victim to these type of businesses that promise results and we get nothing in return "ROI".. and promote bad business practices...i called for the first time today to learn more about there product and i was going though the DEMO DEMONSTRATION with Brian which was very nice. We started the joinme presentation and He ask if i was the decision maker for the company, so he could move forward with the DEMO DEMONSTRATION when i told him i was not going to make a decision today i needed to my due diligence on the company he stop the DEMO presentation and would not continue "Company Policy"he needed to transfer me to another department.. that was a red flag for me, so i went online and found all of these bad reviews.. I'm so glad i didn't make an abrupt decision!!! we are a small company so everything counts..CONSUMER BEWARE!!! if any know of a good reputable marketing company please share.. They all seem to pray off our desire to be successful in our businesses..SO SAD..

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Dear Jannah,

That sounds like a frustrating time, very sorry you had a less than ideal sales experience.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via private message here if you have any further concerns or feedback.

-Mike
jasonc153
11/1/16

The girl I spoke to was arrogant, obnoxious, and clearly must have been the CEO of Yodle, because she was apparently all that and a bag of chips. I was already sold on this company, I needed someone to help me sign the deal, and all she did was help me see that I was WAY better off with this company not representing my best interests. There are far too many companies out there offering this type of service to settle for Yodle. I wish she would have helped me care enough to know her name, because Id have the company know who she is in a heart beat. If she was removed, there revenue would probably double by years end. She literally unsold the Sale! How is that even possible? I own a carpet cleaning company in Santa Rosa Ca. and I was on the phone with her for 15 minutes around 3pm on 11/1/2016. Unbelievable!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Dear Jason,

I'm sorry you had a poor experience with this sales agent. We'll use the information provided to investigate and prevent others from having the same experience.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any further concerns or feedback.

-Mike
kenneths85
11/1/16

I had a very high level salesman pushing me into an offer they could not deliver.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Kenneth,

I'm sorry that you had a poor experience with our sales team. I'd appreciate you sending me a private message on Sitejabber with further details so that we can attempt to prevent in the future.

Regards,

rokkor
10/21/16

I just want to make a comment regarding Yodel company's presentation. My experience with Isaiah was not pleasant. His introduction was awfully done. He was insinuating not to waste his time if I wont sign up for the service. I think the best approach was entice your customer of the service you provide and win his trust. Unfortunately, that didnt happen but instead insulted me if I can afford the service that was never explained to me. All I heard was their business has been helping real estate agents since 2005 and they were good at it. Im sorry but Im not buying that, give me details about the service and how it is done. After reading the horrific experience of others with Yodel, I'm glad that the presentation started that way.... at least I was able save my money.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Rokko,

I'll pass this feedback regarding your sales experience along to our management. Please accept our apologies, and if you'd like to share further details, please contact me here via private message.

-Mike
buckh21
10/19/16

Our company decided to change administrators and leave Yodle. We had a new site built and when we went to retrieve OUR 5 star reviews on Google Maps, we found out that they were missing. We called Yodle and Sarah, said that they did not do that. We then called Google and after an hour of research, they told us that yes, Yodle did delete your reviews.Why they would do that was unbelievable. We worked so hard to get those 20 five star reviews. No one in our town has that many. Now, it's like starting our company all over again. No one sees us on Google Maps and no phone calls for 2 weeks! It is obvious that all they care about is the money or they wouldn't have did what they did to us. At least a phone call or email asking us. We already paid them money to give us the domain and files. It doesn't take much thought to realize that reviews are very important!!

341 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I received a few leads that actually worked out. However, it wasn't enough to justify using them in the first place. The leads seemed to come in when I had signed up for their "google ads marketing" addition. So basically, the google ads provided 80%-100% of the leads, not Yodle. I Would've been better off spending my money on Google Ads written myself.

By Jay U.

Yodle only cost me money and quite a bit of frustration! Tony

By Anthony C.

I have a spare wet-vac if you have extra cash laying about. Give me a call. It would be a better application of energy use.

By Sally L.

Run Forest Run. They make promises. They will put wrong info on the web. Who spends 600.00 Before a return if you gat that. Run Forest Run

By Scott E.

dont do it.

By Matt T.

If you get a website made. The search engine go by the 2nd letter in order for your site to be pulled up quickly. You would be better off doing your own social media marketing, joining the BBB and Y and white pages of phone book. Magnetic vehicle signs, etc. Need more free tips email me at rstoutmire@yahoo.com subject line Javier S. Contractor. Hope this help you but don't pay any company any money for any work. Rhonda S.

By rhonda s.

I use Yodle for a DUI and Reckless Driving defense law practice. Consistent leads that match my location and practice areas. I use the photos with the link to Facebook and have client reviews right on my website. I think it is important to take advantage of these services that Yodle offers as part of their package.

By Mark M.

I don't know, but stay away from Yodle!

By Anthony C.

Anthony C is absolutely right. Don't waste your time.

By Sally L.

No you lose it

By Jason M.
Questions? Get answers from the Yodle staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Yodle