Review of Yodle

info@yodle.com
2018 Customer choice award

suzanneh34
4/21/17

This company would not refund an automatic credit card charge for monthly service when I requested to cancel. Josh, a "manager" stated that once the charge is made they can't refund as the money has already been sent out to optimizing the sites. I would steer clear of a company that won't stand behind their business model.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Suzanne,

We're very sorry that you had a frustrating experience when cancelling - we'd be happy to look into it for you. Would you mind sending us your account details via private message?

-Mike
craigs98
4/19/17

I have been reading all these negative reviews. What these so called business owners don't understand is patience for one and make sure your website stands out. I have been with yodle for 3 years now. It takes about 2 months to start seeing results. Below is the revenue that Yodle has produced for our Company over 3 years.

Year 1 = $38,281.21
Year 2 = $91,407.23
Year 3 = 489,812.09

This is just with Yodle. These numbers don't lie. The people complaining are either lazy or clueless how to run a company. We probably have a lot of there customers.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Thanks for the kind words Craig - we're happy our programs are working for you! We'd love to have a conversation with you regarding your experience, if you'd like to share your account details via private message.

-Mike
katyc12
4/14/17

If i could rate this company a 0 i would. I've been with yodle since December 2016 and have yet to be listed on Google. I have done everything on my part that i possibly can. They KEEP dropping the ball on me. I've spent multiple hours of my time on the phone with them and google trying to figure out whats going on. The customer service rep that signed me up never told me anything about how to go about getting on with Google. So, I then created my own page, got my google pin in the mail, and even a review and yodle couldn't use that page because they weren't linked to it. So i then deleted it. I started speaking with Angela Hoddinott (manager) and figured that would help me, it didn't! They apparently created a google business page for me using my email that i have in February and i waited and waited. I also kept calling yodle weekly to see whats going on and all they would say is "Google is having trouble and your new pin is coming".. Finally i called Google myself (April 4th)and come to find out they had no record of me at all and said a google business page wasn't created. On April 4th yodle contacted me back after looking further into it and FINALLY created one apparently. I was furious that I've been spending money for something I've yet to receive, and that it took this long for them to get it together. I thought i had hope when Brianna from the maps team said I'd be receiving an email in 24-48 hours allowing me access to my new Google business page. I NEVER got an email, not even spam. Angela told me she would be giving me 1 month free for my troubles. I've sent a few emails to her and called a couple of times for a conformation email stating so. I have yet to be told whats going on nor has anyone emailed me or called me back. I seriously cant believe what I'm dealing with. its pretty shocking and i feel that they are just taking my money and not going to help me. Also,when i do call yodle tells me that I'm getting leads because of them and calls and I don't, I get those leads because of Thumbtack and myself. I put myself and my website out there without any help from them!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Katy,

We're very sorry for your frustrating experience, and would love to reach out to you and try to help. Would you mind private messaging us your contact info?

-Mike
bobb1224
4/10/17

They have a great business plan charge you thousands of dollars and don't do squat!! then they bill your CC you would have better luck talking to that Nigerian Prince!!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Bob,

We're sorry you feel that way - would you mind sending us your account details via PM so we can try and help?

-Mike
lindab333
4/4/17

I signed up with this company hoping to put me towards the top of any searches for my type of business/service in my area. I have not received 1 lead. I have had 2 calls from people trying to sell me something, but, that is it. I feel like really stupid for spending my money on this. I work really hard for my money too! DO NOT SPEND ANY OF YOUR ADVERTISING DOLLARS WITH YODLE! -Linda-

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Linda,

We're sorry you're not receiving the result you expected - would you mind providing us your account details via private message so we can reach out and see if we can help?

-Mike
kims234
4/2/17

I wanted more visibility for my company and Yodle promised they could make that happen. I already have a website that I paid to have built and it's pretty good, just not very visible. They didn't want anything to do with it - they "built" another "website" that was so generic it looked like a 3rd grader did it . After thousands of dollars, many calls to Yodle and NO legitimate business leads, they told me that I was in a very competitive market, the lack of success was my fault (I needed to build THEIR website with reviews and pictures) and said there was nothing else they could do. When I told them I was disgusted with their lack of attention to my account, they said they would be OK with them if I terminated our relationship. I should have trusted the reviews I read about what a sham this company is... You should too. If I could, I'd list my phone number and ask anyone who is thinking about signing up with these yo-yo's to call me first....

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Kim,

We're very sorry you didn't receive the results you hoped for - would you mind sending us your account details via private message so we can investigate?

-Mike
dawnn24
4/1/17

I set up a site, pictures and reviews- time wasted
Then paid $200 a month.
I was waiting the magical 3 months to receive a phone call and NOTHING !!
Waste of Money and Time!!!!!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Dawn,

We'd be happy to touch base with you and talk about your experience - would you mind sending us your account details via private message?

-Mike
briand140
3/24/17

They did a great job for 3 years but started giving me the run around when I tried to cancel. The manager that I needed to talk to in order to finalize the cancellation was never available and did not return calls at the time promised. I will call all of the people I referred to Yodle and tell them what they are doing to me.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Brian,

We're very sorry you had this experience, and we'd like to take a look at your account and see how we can improve - would you mind sending us your account details via private message?

-Mike
billa64
3/12/17

If you want to see many complaints about Yodle check the report on the BBB, you,ll be stunned
I filed a complaint on classaction.com to file a suit as my company lost over $7000 with Yodle

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Bill,

Your experience is definitely outside the norm, and we'd like to talk to you so that we can understand what went wrong. Can you private message us your account details so we can assist?

-Mike
janetm101
3/10/17

If you have a small business that you run on your own this can be very expensive way to go!!!!!!
.............................

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Janet,

We definitely understand that small businesses operate on a fixed budget, and are happy to discuss ways to help. Can you private message us your contact info so we can reach out?

-Mike
chrisr215
3/9/17

I paid $1,500 for their advertising. Six months went by and I didn't have a single lead to show for it. STAY AWAY!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Chris,

We're sorry that you didn't receive the results you hoped for with our services, and would like to speak with you further about your experience to see if we can help. Would you mind messaging us your contact details?

-Mike
marks462
3/9/17

Their sales team is trained to perfection in overcoming nearly every objection you can think up for not getting Yodle marketing service. I should have known better, as you can hear the call center rambling chatter in the background. Their demo (yodle demo) was pretty convincing and high tech looking, so I fell for the sizzle, when in fact all I got was a gross and disgusting overcooked slab of Omaha steak.

They got me for roughly $600+ a month for 3 months, and though I did get phone calls for service I provide using Yodle, in the end when I calculated everything I actually ended up losing a lot money.

To the Yodle public relations team trolling the Internet, No apologies or investigation is necessary, you flat out are a total ripoff and scam.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Mark,

We understand your frustration, and would be happy to reach out and discuss in an attempt to improve. Feel free to private message your contact details, and we'll try to resolve.

-Mike
mikem477
2/17/17

I can't believe that I allowed Yodle to rob me of $5,000 of my hard earned money. Their sales team did a great job of selling me on their service, but as soon as I signed on the dotted line, the sales team disappeared. Then I was handed off to a bunch of flunky account managers. The first thing they did was educate me on how to promote the lowsy "adversite" that they whipped together for me in a few hours. Not only was the site rudimentary and not aesthetically pleasing, but also had a bunch of misinformation. Everything from the stock photos they used, to the language was bogus! When I requested that they change the photos and the verbiage, they never got back to me. I eventually had to re-write the content myself and email it to them. I even sent a new background image for the site, but they didn't even implement it. Then, the amount of work that they wanted me to do to promote their site was ridiculous. The whole reason why I hired Yodle was because I don't have time to do my own website marketing and prospecting. Little did I know that I was the marketing machine. To sum things up, all I got out of this during my 3 month campaign, was a bunch of phone calls from prospective customers who weren't even in my geographic area or from those looking for services that my company doesn't even provide. Just by chance, I thought I might bump into one solid lead from this, but that wasn't the case. After my 3-month campaign ended, I didn't realize that I had to cancel the automatically renewing contract in writing, and it went on for another 2 months. It wasn't until I reconciled my credit card statement that I realized they were still charging me. When I brought this to their attention and requested a refund for the extra 2 months, they ran me around for 2 weeks before telling me NO. Do yourself a favor and hire a small web development company or freelancer that comes recommended to you from an associate.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Mike,

We're very sorry that you had a poor experience with our service, and did not receive the results you had hoped for. Please send us your account information via private message, and we'll investigate further and see if we can assist.

-Mike
mitchellz
2/10/17

Yodle sounds good when you talk to them, when it comes to delivering any sort of value added benefit to your business they fail miserably. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Mitchell,

Sorry you didn't feel you received the value you expected out of the service - would you like us to reach out and see if we can help?

-Mike
michaell272
1/31/17

I just want to say Yodle's sales team is Austin, TX has some good scripts. They know how to sell you the golden goose, the magic bullet, or however you would sell a sure thing. I reviewed this site along with others. The most impressive review they had was the real estate agents video that was on their own page. So I decided to reach out to him. He told me that Yodle has the rights to that video and that he recorded it in his first months of working with them. He has moved on and chosen another company as they did not deliver or even come close. So when Yodle reached back out to me, I explained that their own video for Real Estate was not accurate and their response was that is one persons point of view. I went further to explain to the representative that the one person is the person they are standing by and showcasing on their webpage. I told them it might be best for you to take it off and record an Agent that has actually seen the system work for them. They said we might do that. They have not I will attach the link from their own page. Their response was back to reading their scripts and sending me more emails after telling them I was not interested. So Zero Stars would be appropriate but it wont let me so 1 star it is.

Tip for consumers: Work your Sphere of Influences.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Michael - we'd be happy to investigate your individual experience, would you mind sending us the account details this is in regards to via private message?

-Mike
maryh283
1/24/17

they are a scam 650.00 later not one call requesting info on my service I am from New York White plains area. I plan to visit them this with my demand of 650.00 with sign in tow i will stand for three days to help weed out this kind of company i am gathering more people to stand with me june9 to june12 2017 319-9816160

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Mary,

If you'd like to send me your account details via private message, I'd be happy to investigate and see why the service didn't work for you.

-Mike
fredm72
1/20/17

First of all they tell you one thing on the call and another in the contract, which makes it hard to cancel service. I was told that I could cancel anytime with no additional charges, but now I'm told that the contract states that their is a cancellation fee,

The major issue that I discovered is that they want you to pay for service for at least 3 months (although they try to sell you on six months) before you see any results. WTF! Why not charge you when the results pour in?

I'll let my AMEX card deal with them. AMEX has always come through for me.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Fred,

Sorry there was some sort of misunderstanding around the contract terms of the product you purchased, would you mind sending me some additional details about your account so that I can see what went wrong?

-Mike
leslieo19
1/13/17

I was signed up for 6 months. Big scam. When I was considering signing up I read the reviews and the girl on the phone talked me into signing up for $199 for 3 months. I should have known when I read the negative reviews that there was some truth to them but didn't. My mistake!! Never got anything from this. Save your money!!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Leslie,

I'm very sorry that you feel you didn't receive what was promised, can you send me your account details so I can look into your experience and see what went wrong?

-Mike
sadiej4
1/13/17

My boyfriend started a business and found Yodle and was promised all these things and that his business would be listed on the first page of Google if he has 3 good reviews. The website design was horrendous. We're still on page 4. He's complained several times about the company name that they messed up on. It's cost us more than we can afford. He's currently cancelling.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Dear Sadie,

Very sorry that you had issues with the service, if you have any further problems please private message me your account details and I'll be glad to assist.

-Mike
stevef114
1/13/17

Hmmm, I should've read this first!!!! I too was contacted by a rep. and with promises of helping me get my website up and running as well as my social media page amoungst other promises. I took a chance with the last of my advertising money for the year. Huge waste of money, in six months I got one lead from these guys and it was a marketer asking if I would like to learn how to get more leads... HA HA HA OMG! seriously. And to pour salt on the wound the cancellation process is damn near impossible. My best advice is to just hang up on these clowns And run....

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Dear Steve,

We're very sorry that you didn't receive the results you hope for, and had some difficulty with the cancellation process. If you'd like to private message me your account information, I'd be happy to investigate and see if I can assist.

-Mike
mikeg226
1/12/17

Can't believe I allowed their sales guy to sign me up. Alarms should have gone off when he said 'if this doesn't work, you will never trust another salesperson again'. Not the end of the world but they are asking more for cancellation of the contract then it costs to stay.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Mike,

Very sorry you had a poor experience, and am happy to look into this if you'd like to private message me your account details.

-Mike
dalek21
1/6/17

I was contacted by this company I took the bait. Great promises with the original sales person. I told them that I had a great website and the sales person basically told me they could work with that and produce results in a different city. I had to pay by cc and i agreed. I was then handed to another account manager who had no knowledge of my conversation with the original sales person.I explained what we had agreed to and he said that we could not do that. I said that I would like to cancel since they could not deliver what the sales person offered. He then told me that I could cancel but there was a $999 dollar set up fee they they would have to keep. I complained that nothing had been SETUP. He said that they could do great things if i could come up with an address in the area that I wished to improve my coverage. He told me that a residential address that had no business online presence was all I needede. Perhaps I had a friend or relarive in the area and I could use their address as my business address in that area. I told him I didn't like this idea. the rep said I would loose my $999 if I canceled. I called the next day and asked to speak to his supervisor and continued to seek my complete refund. I had a conversationwith Elaine and discribed my treatment and she agreed that my situation was not compatable with their process and that the other fellow had already submitted the refund info. I thanked her for her help and then I received a refund that was short my $999. This company is not honorable. They receive most of their income via the SET UP FEE. Yodle provides not real service to it's customers. Avoid this company and it's dishonest employees.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Dale,

I'm very sorry that you had this poor experience, I'd be happy to look into it and see if I can help. Can you send me your account details via private message?

-Mike
bobm197
1/5/17

Company makes promises that they won't keep. They take your money upfront, so you are stuck with it. Save your time and money, because they won't deliver any results.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Bob,

Can you private message me some details about your account so I can investigate? Would like to try and figure out what went wrong here.

-Mike
mikep196
1/1/17

Do not even give this company one second of your time! They tell you everything you want to hear but deliver Nothing except recurring charges on your card. I had to change my account to stop the charges. After 60 Days I could not find my company on ANY searches using all of the information and keywords they collected in the lengthy setup call. We spoke to 5 different people at Yodle and all of them said something different. It then became clear that they don't actually offer a service! The last woman we spoke with cancelled us after she could not help us with the fact that their antiquated system could not have an iPhone photo uploaded due to the fact that it had too much resolution. They have no pictures that even depict a carpet cleaning service. Our logo could not be uploaded because of problems with their site that after 3 hours on the phone could not be solved. After the $#*! cancelled us by email, they simply kept our $800 with no offer to refund anything and they will not return calls or emails! I would not believe ANY reviews that give Yodle anything above a scam! I must question the 5 star reviews on sitejabber. I sincerely hope that Yodle cashes out my $800 in pennies and feeds them to their employees until they all $#*!ing die! The world would be a better place without this criminal enterprise.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Dear Mike,

I apologize that you had a poor experience, and would be happy to investigate further. Please send me your account details via private message, and I'll take a look.

-Mike
jamesg252
12/30/16

Please save your money on this one guys and gals nothing but scam scum! Paid over $1000 and got nothing! Jim Remax Plus Rochester, NY

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Jim,

Definitely not the results and experience we're looking to generate - can you private message me some details so that I can in investigate?

-Mike
341 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I received a few leads that actually worked out. However, it wasn't enough to justify using them in the first place. The leads seemed to come in when I had signed up for their "google ads marketing" addition. So basically, the google ads provided 80%-100% of the leads, not Yodle. I Would've been better off spending my money on Google Ads written myself.

By Jay U.

Yodle only cost me money and quite a bit of frustration! Tony

By Anthony C.

I have a spare wet-vac if you have extra cash laying about. Give me a call. It would be a better application of energy use.

By Sally L.

Run Forest Run. They make promises. They will put wrong info on the web. Who spends 600.00 Before a return if you gat that. Run Forest Run

By Scott E.

dont do it.

By Matt T.

If you get a website made. The search engine go by the 2nd letter in order for your site to be pulled up quickly. You would be better off doing your own social media marketing, joining the BBB and Y and white pages of phone book. Magnetic vehicle signs, etc. Need more free tips email me at rstoutmire@yahoo.com subject line Javier S. Contractor. Hope this help you but don't pay any company any money for any work. Rhonda S.

By rhonda s.

I use Yodle for a DUI and Reckless Driving defense law practice. Consistent leads that match my location and practice areas. I use the photos with the link to Facebook and have client reviews right on my website. I think it is important to take advantage of these services that Yodle offers as part of their package.

By Mark M.

I don't know, but stay away from Yodle!

By Anthony C.

Anthony C is absolutely right. Don't waste your time.

By Sally L.

No you lose it

By Jason M.
Questions? Get answers from the Yodle staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Yodle