Review of Yodle

info@yodle.com
2017 Customer choice award

christinep110
12/3/17

I ordered 2 items this week from 2 different companies. 1st item delivery date expected was 29th November, this did not arrive until 1st December late pm. The 2nd item was ordered 30th November next day delivery (for 1st December) it did not arrive until 2nd December 7pm. This was an item of clothing I wanted to wear for a night out. It arrived too late What a shambles this company is. Companies do not use this delivery service I will not order anything from any company who use this delivery service again.

bbm2
11/30/17

When you are told delivery will be on a specific day, ignore it, delivery will be up to 2 days afterwards and could be at any hour until very late. Very unprofessional. Would not recommend using them.

nancya81
10/2/17

They hosted my website for several years for $19 per month. I was notified via email, that as of Sept 25, it was going up to $49, and to call or email if I had questions or wanted to cancel. I made other arrangements, and both called and emailed on the 23rd, and got an email response. I also called on the 25th again, to make sure they wouldn't take the money out of my account, and was assured they would not. But they did. And now they're saying that I can't get a refund, because I should have told them BEFORE the 23rd, via phone only, not email. I said that I met all the conditions of their email, with a day to spare- and they said too bad- that's not what's in my contract. It has to be via phone, M-F during business hours. Yes, it's just $50, but I work hard for my money, and don't appreciate being ripped off and taken advantage of. BEWARE OF YODLE!!!

randyw55
9/19/17

I had used them for over 2 years paying $200 a month as suggested to my by their sales guy. They provided me with a domain name that I chose for my company's name and setup a website but since them I've been just waiting to get any calls from the customers who are looking for my services. Then I came to know about a similar service Advanton and they gave me a new domain, a new website and the marketing that's really working for me now and it's all free. I am back into business that seemed all lost. I couldn't ask for more. What I had lost with Yodle, I had recovered in just 3 months and a long long way to go.

rong108
8/24/17

Our plumber repaired a toilet and pointed out water damage to the subfloor. So, we asked around and were referred to RJ's Linoleum Service in Fresno CA. A week later (the linoleum we wanted had to be ordered) it was in and looks beautiful. It was a very skillfully executed performance. It wasn't cheap but you get what you pay for. I would not hesitate to call them again should we need this service.

kenf55
8/23/17

I was contacted by a rep who wanted me to review a presentation about their services. She gave little information other than, it will be covered in the presentation later that evening. I agreed to listen to the pitch, but did get the name of the company, Yodle.
I looked up the company and was not interested in what they offered and emailed the rep to tell her that I was not interested, but thanks.
I received a call today from a man that was asking why I missed the appointment. I informed him that I canceled the appointment and was not interested. He sounded angry and almost yelling. He kept saying that I didn't want to grow my business, but I kept telling him that I wasn't interested. I finally had to hang up on him because he wouldn't stop talking.
Very pushy and rude. Horrible impression of this company.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Ken - very sorry to hear you had this experience. Would you mind private messaging me the details of your experience (what number you were called on, the name of the person who called you) so that I can investigate? ^MB
robertak10
8/16/17

I was promised one big job and one small job a month. It's been going on four months and I got one job the day after I signed up, and that was a fluke. I asked to drop their account because they didn't do as promised. They said I entered a contract and would still have to pay. They just dropped the amount i have to pay. Even though I have not gotten one call and they didn't stand up to their end of the contract, I can't let them go? If I don't do what I say on my contracts with customers, they have every right to drop me. I am wasting my money. NOT ONE JOB OFFER IN ALMOST FOUR MONTHS. I believe legally I can void this contract. I should be refunded after the third payment. They promised I would get jobs after 3 months and My Company's name would be one of the first companies on every page. Isn't this fraud?

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Roberta, sorry to hear you're not receiving the results you hoped for. We'd be happy to have someone review your account and see if we can make the program work for you! Private message us your details and we'll get started. ^MB
jasonk115
8/9/17

I signed up for a 6 month contract, with promises of a great product that was easy to use and would help boost my business, and I would only need 10 minutes a week to accomplish the great benefits. I had problems right from the start. I spent an hour trying to upload photos with captions, only to have it erase my work over and over again. My customers tried to submit reviews, but it would not work. I contacted them to let them know I was having issues, and they told me they sometimes experience bugs for 24 to 48 hours. They must have had a bug every time I tried for the first two months. At the end of the 6 month period, they charged me an additional month at $299, so I called to cancel and get a refund for the months that I couldn't get the dashboard to work, and they screwed me around for an hour, just to tell me that they denied my request. I asked to talk to a manager, and the guy (James) told me he was the manager, so I asked to talk to another manager, and of course they were all unavailable. He told me he would schedule one of them to contact me the following week. I received another call to let me know that my request was denied, and it was James again! It still has not been resolved. I am anticipating another call from the same manager to let me know that he will not help me sometime soon. Waste of time and money!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Jason - we'd be happy to look into your experience! Please send us a private message with your account details and we'll try to assist. ^MB
michelej23
7/20/17

I had a 6 month contract, way too expensive for very little return. I asked rep 1 week before 6 month contract end, what actual date was so I can move on to another company and not worry about paying them anymore. She verified date was next week, then billed me another month "because I didn't say the word CANCEL". Horrible customer service.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Michele - please private message us about your experience and we'll try to help ^MB
jamesd334
7/12/17

I signed up for a monthly plan with yolde as suggested by their marketing guy who called and convinced me with his sakes pitch. I ended up paying $900 in three months and no results and when i called for help i didnt get any response so i cancelled. However, they charged me for that month also. Out of my frustration i started looking for some solution and found Advanton which is all free and worked for me really well. Yodle must train their staff in delivery and not sales.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey James - we're sorry you didn't receive the results you expected, would you mind private messaging us your domain so we can investigate? ^MB
jimmiem14
6/26/17

I'm going to write a honest review about this company. When I signed up I signed with Outrank in Austin Texas come to find out they for reasons unknown sold out to Yodle. When I was with Outrank they were outstanding just great excellent and amazing customer service I miss Chuck and Elizabeth, Brian, Brandon these people put me on they map helped me become successful. Then came Yodle its been a nightmare on Elm street since our business just went down from there for a while they did OK when they had young people and young minds. Nothing against elderly people but some jobs the elderly shouldn't do ladies and gentleman!!!!!! When I am elderly let me work at Walmart I'm good with that. We were paying 2000.00 a month for ads come to find out THEY WEREN'T EVEN RUNNING THEM! They lied about our SEO come to find out they don't even specialize in search Engine optimization at all. They are a ads based company. WE ALMOST LOST OUR BUSINESS OUR EMPLOYEES QUIT BECAUSE WE COULDN'T PAY THEM all because Yodle failed us miserably. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AT ALL PERIOD!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE YODLE YOU WILL LOOSE

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Jimmie - this sounds like an awful experience, please send us your contact info via PM and we'll investigate. ^MB
karad16
6/24/17

I received a cold call from a sales representative (Matthew) and he was rude right from the beginning. He said the "presentation" would take 20 minutes - it took over an hour. I had to leave because a client arrived and he still tried to keep the conversation going (and therefore keep me from actual business). When we set up a date and time to finish the call, he didn't call as planned but called at the end of the day. When I told him I didn't have time to talk because I was in the middle of work he hung up on me. :O His E-mail address never worked so I couldn't even get ahold of him for follow-up questions from the initial phone call. He did not treat me with any kind of respect throughout the process. He was combative in all of our correspondence.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Kara, this is not the sales experience we hope to provide, and apologize for your frustrations. Would you mind messaging us directly with your account info, so that we can investigate further? ^MB
rdl3
6/15/17

I utilized yodle, was not impressed with the results, obtained no new identifiable business from this advertising spend. Their initial presentation is impressive and convincing, however their follow through is not impressive. When I finally decided to cancel, they significantly dropped my rate and promised to deliver on some additional promises. They never followed up. I went month to month for a while at an aprox $20 rate per month...I never heard from them and kept meaning to cancel. Even when I cancelled they wanted me to pay for the last month. They ultimately waived this charge.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey RD - we're sad to hear that you didn't receive the results you had anticipated, would you mind sending us a private message with some account details so we can take a look and try to improve?
roseb97
5/16/17

I just had the exact same experience. I paid almost $2k for 6 mos in advance. after that i never heard from anyone until May 5th where they charged my account $299. I called to tell them I didn't get anything from their service and wanted a refund and they said no refund for this months charge. That is BS. Not only poor product, poor representation, but they should sent a notice of upcoming charge. It like stealing money.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Rose,

Very sorry that you had this experience - please contact us via private message and we'll attempt to resolve.

-Mike
taylorr44
5/8/17

Had a overview scheduled with one of their pushy sales guys. He read of a script for over an hour and I told him I have seen the software with Rogers Outrank, he still continued to read off the script and bore me to death. He followed up several times and pushed me into a month to month program to try it out and said he can Guarantee more leads for me. As soon as I signed up I never heard a peep from this guy. They didn't produce one lead for me and I cancelled the service. The salesman Shaun didn't even have the guts to reply to my emails either when I cancelled. Don't waste your time with this company they are horrible.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Taylor,

Please accept our apologies for this, and we'd like to look into your experience - would you mind private messaging us some details?

-Mike
hazeln2
5/5/17

I agreed to a 20 minute overview today that lasted for 1 hour and 28 minutes. Finally I said I had to go to the bathroom, and the woman still kept on talking so I hung up and she has called back 3 times since. The long and the short is that I said I would forgo todays $199 sign-on in order to do some research on my end and if I was still interested I would pay the full $499 as my penalty. Guess what? I cannot find ONE positive review. As a double whammy, all along I thought I was talking to Yelp. LOL

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Hazel,

Definitely sounds like a less than ideal experience. Would you mind private messaging us some more details (phone numbers you were called on) so we can look into it further?

-Mike
elizabetha91
5/2/17

I have had nothing but issues with this company. Paid way too much money with no return. Upon completing a survey that I was not satisfied, I heard from not one single rep at the company. When I asked for a refund of payment after my contract ended at it was month to month, I was informed that they cannot provide ANY refunds. Read the fine print of our legal contract. Definitely not good business.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hello Elizabeth,

We're very sorry that you didn't receive the results you had hoped for, and we'd be happy to look into your experience. Would you remind sending us a private message with your account identifier so we can investigate?

-Mike
jacobo16
4/28/17

I received a call from Ryan Mc Donald. One of yodels sales reps. He asked me if I could give him 30 minutes of my time to go over some power points. First off it wasn't 30 minutes at all. More like 2 HOURS! Ryan wasn't there to sell me the pitch so Mr. Jones did it for him. Mr. Jones was very very pushy. He disrespected me numerous times. After the call ended Ryan called me 2 days later and I spoke to him about his colgué. He just hung up while I was expressing my thoughts.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Jacob,

That's not the experience we're going for, and we'll definitely look into this. Would you mind sending us the phone number you were called on via private message?

-Mike
johnc726
4/24/17

Received a call from a sales rep and agreed to spend time going over what they have to offer. After 30 minutes I told him I would think about it for a few days before I make a commitment. The sales rep then became very pushy and continued on for another 30 minutes. I didn't want to be rude because it was something I was actually interested in. I most likely would have signed up by the sales rep ruined any chance they had. He called me the following week and I told him I wasn't interested right now and he immediately went into the bullying sales tactics again.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey John,

That's definitely not how we want our sales folks to leave a potential customer feeling. If you wouldn't mind private messaging us the number you were called on and any other pertinent info, we'll address it immediately.

-Mike
ambers76
4/21/17

We specifically asked if our Google listing would be left alone after our 3,000$ membership (that didn't bring in any leads whatsoever) ended. They assured us it would be fine. Of course they deleted everything on google we had before we started with them! And we lost years of reviews etc. what a joke

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Amber,

We'd like to look into your experience and see how we can help - do you mind sending us your account details so we can dig a bit?

-Mike
suzanneh34
4/21/17

This company would not refund an automatic credit card charge for monthly service when I requested to cancel. Josh, a "manager" stated that once the charge is made they can't refund as the money has already been sent out to optimizing the sites. I would steer clear of a company that won't stand behind their business model.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Suzanne,

We're very sorry that you had a frustrating experience when cancelling - we'd be happy to look into it for you. Would you mind sending us your account details via private message?

-Mike
craigs98
4/19/17

I have been reading all these negative reviews. What these so called business owners don't understand is patience for one and make sure your website stands out. I have been with yodle for 3 years now. It takes about 2 months to start seeing results. Below is the revenue that Yodle has produced for our Company over 3 years.

Year 1 = $38,281.21
Year 2 = $91,407.23
Year 3 = 489,812.09

This is just with Yodle. These numbers don't lie. The people complaining are either lazy or clueless how to run a company. We probably have a lot of there customers.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Thanks for the kind words Craig - we're happy our programs are working for you! We'd love to have a conversation with you regarding your experience, if you'd like to share your account details via private message.

-Mike
katyc12
4/14/17

If i could rate this company a 0 i would. I've been with yodle since December 2016 and have yet to be listed on Google. I have done everything on my part that i possibly can. They KEEP dropping the ball on me. I've spent multiple hours of my time on the phone with them and google trying to figure out whats going on. The customer service rep that signed me up never told me anything about how to go about getting on with Google. So, I then created my own page, got my google pin in the mail, and even a review and yodle couldn't use that page because they weren't linked to it. So i then deleted it. I started speaking with Angela Hoddinott (manager) and figured that would help me, it didn't! They apparently created a google business page for me using my email that i have in February and i waited and waited. I also kept calling yodle weekly to see whats going on and all they would say is "Google is having trouble and your new pin is coming".. Finally i called Google myself (April 4th)and come to find out they had no record of me at all and said a google business page wasn't created. On April 4th yodle contacted me back after looking further into it and FINALLY created one apparently. I was furious that I've been spending money for something I've yet to receive, and that it took this long for them to get it together. I thought i had hope when Brianna from the maps team said I'd be receiving an email in 24-48 hours allowing me access to my new Google business page. I NEVER got an email, not even spam. Angela told me she would be giving me 1 month free for my troubles. I've sent a few emails to her and called a couple of times for a conformation email stating so. I have yet to be told whats going on nor has anyone emailed me or called me back. I seriously cant believe what I'm dealing with. its pretty shocking and i feel that they are just taking my money and not going to help me. Also,when i do call yodle tells me that I'm getting leads because of them and calls and I don't, I get those leads because of Thumbtack and myself. I put myself and my website out there without any help from them!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Katy,

We're very sorry for your frustrating experience, and would love to reach out to you and try to help. Would you mind private messaging us your contact info?

-Mike
bobb1224
4/10/17

They have a great business plan charge you thousands of dollars and don't do squat!! then they bill your CC you would have better luck talking to that Nigerian Prince!!

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Bob,

We're sorry you feel that way - would you mind sending us your account details via PM so we can try and help?

-Mike
lindab333
4/4/17

I signed up with this company hoping to put me towards the top of any searches for my type of business/service in my area. I have not received 1 lead. I have had 2 calls from people trying to sell me something, but, that is it. I feel like really stupid for spending my money on this. I work really hard for my money too! DO NOT SPEND ANY OF YOUR ADVERTISING DOLLARS WITH YODLE! -Linda-

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Linda,

We're sorry you're not receiving the result you expected - would you mind providing us your account details via private message so we can reach out and see if we can help?

-Mike
341 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I received a few leads that actually worked out. However, it wasn't enough to justify using them in the first place. The leads seemed to come in when I had signed up for their "google ads marketing" addition. So basically, the google ads provided 80%-100% of the leads, not Yodle. I Would've been better off spending my money on Google Ads written myself.

By Jay U.

Yodle only cost me money and quite a bit of frustration! Tony

By Anthony C.

I have a spare wet-vac if you have extra cash laying about. Give me a call. It would be a better application of energy use.

By Sally L.

Run Forest Run. They make promises. They will put wrong info on the web. Who spends 600.00 Before a return if you gat that. Run Forest Run

By Scott E.

dont do it.

By Matt T.

If you get a website made. The search engine go by the 2nd letter in order for your site to be pulled up quickly. You would be better off doing your own social media marketing, joining the BBB and Y and white pages of phone book. Magnetic vehicle signs, etc. Need more free tips email me at rstoutmire@yahoo.com subject line Javier S. Contractor. Hope this help you but don't pay any company any money for any work. Rhonda S.

By rhonda s.

I use Yodle for a DUI and Reckless Driving defense law practice. Consistent leads that match my location and practice areas. I use the photos with the link to Facebook and have client reviews right on my website. I think it is important to take advantage of these services that Yodle offers as part of their package.

By Mark M.

I don't know, but stay away from Yodle!

By Anthony C.

Anthony C is absolutely right. Don't waste your time.

By Sally L.
Questions? Get answers from the Yodle staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Yodle